cheetahs sat may 12th

sunnydelite

Cathlete
hello ladies,

getting us started!

today i am joining in a group run at our local fleet feet. should be fun. my client that ran the 5k is also going to join me.

have a great saturday ladies:)

Good morning, cheetahs! :)

Sunny :: no, I missed the thread about the free iTrain but will look for it. Enjoy the group run!

Carole :: I might have missed something ~ do you have a new injury? Which BBC does Rich do?

Jackie :: Hope I didn’t sound like I thought I was doing my friend a favor by hanging out! *LOL* Not at all like that. I just know it takes a good bit of effort on her part to get a sitter, and if I were her, I’d be PO’d if my friends bailed. Yesterday was just one of the those days when I would have gladly gone home & vegged for the night, but we had fun...Enjoy your 10K today!

Jess :: have fun at the wedding today! I have to say, I have not been invited to any weddings for awhile, and I am glad - it gets to be expensive! The next one is my sister's in November - on a Disney cruise - it is an ungodly amount of money for what is essentially a two-day cruise. But don't get me started on that. *lol*

Marcia :: congrats on the sale of the bar! Hope you get a chance to relax somewhere in there this weekend.

Linda :: I was thinking of doing the lower body routine (the one you PM'd) of Squeeze today. How do you think it compares with B&G (or any of the premixes) in terms of the burn?

Christine :: Sorry to hear about DH ~ hope he’s OK! Keep us posted.…I didn’t realize you added a PictureTrail, so I just checked ‘em out. Great pics! You have such a photogenic family and took some beautiful shots out on your hikes. And of course, the pics of Tucker and Jimmy were so sweet. My two favorites are Tucker in his graduation cap & gown (I'd seen that one before & it always makes me chuckle) and Jimmy curled up in your arms.

Susan :: wow, I didn’t realize you also owned 2 pigs! With all that foot traffic, surely tile's the way to go.

Wendy :: have fun with your new iTread (and possibly yoga!)

Judy :: another busy weekend for you. Congrats on DD's graduation!

Shelly :: We missed you checking in yesterday.

Hi Kristi, Gayle, and anyone else who drops by.

Happy hour was fun – I left at about 6 and then met up with some other friends for a little while. But by the time I got home, I had a killer sore throat and earache and am going to try to get in to the see the doc this morning. I feel like crud. I guess it’s never convenient to get sick, but right now, it just annoys the hell out of me. I planned to make the most of the beautiful weather and get in some good, hard workouts as I like to do on weekends. Not to mention, I brought home a good deal of schoolwork and just cannot afford to be out of commish! GRRR! Anywho, today was supposed to be legs, abs, and a run, but I’m not sure what I’ll wind up doing. Will play by ear and see how I feel and can hopefully push myself to do SOMETHING.

Check back later. Have a great day!!

~Cathy :)

Good morning cheetahs

Sunny...have fun at the local run with your client!

Cathy..Rich does Chest & Abs and is WAY chatty...:)...no new injury, just my pain in the a$$. The ham/glute that I pulled running last sunday, it is still a bit sore...sorry you are feeling crappy...:)...hope it gets better as the day goes on.

Jackie...did you get your Garmin yet?

Christine...how is your DH today? That sounds not fun at all. I have to be honest and say I teared up just looking at Tuckers pics...I can only imagine how you feel...

Wendy..good job on the iTread, those workouts are just so fun.

Susan...that is nice about the new tile. We are going to put in some laminate flooring..I can't wait!

I am going to try out Traceys kickbox later today. I will let you know how I like it...:)

Have a good day...

Hi Ladies!

Got my bike back yesterday and I plan on taking it out for a nice ride this morning. I’m looking forward to that – haven’t ridden my road bike in ages. Got a lot of compliments on the bike from the local bike shop – they all thought it was a cool bike. Made me feel good! DH seems to be doing better. Lets hope.

Sunny – Have fun on your run! Sounds like a great time! When do you start at the Y?

Cathy – I love that photo of Tucker, thanks. Glad you enjoyed happy hour. Sorry to hear you’re not feeling well! Nothing like a spring cold to really dampen the spirits.

Carole – I’m excited to hear what you think about Tracey’s kickbox workout. I just don’t like Amy Bento, so another good kickbox workout would be wonderful. Thanks for your sweet words. It does hurt in a wonderful way to see Tucker’s photos. I miss him very much.

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!! And wonderful, wonderful plans for tomorrow!

Good morning cheetahs! I got up pretty early this morning and got in my long run. It's getting hot now so it's getting important to start early or fuggedaboutit! Anyway, I got in an enjoyable 11 miles
:7 :7 :7 I've been having a fun time with my new dvds. Tracey S's
CardioSweatfest- mostly kickboxing and some hi lo, and Amy Bento's
KB extreme. I love them both but I particularly love Amy's. This has gotten some harsh reviews by some on these boards and frankly I'm puzzled by it! Some of the moves are quite challenging but certainly not dangerous! This is definitely my kind of workout and I especially love love love the bonus section with the heavy bag:7
Yesterday I did Tracey's HiLo and Amy's KB and the time flew!! Got in some good work on the EXT also:)

Jackie- Go get em}( }( }( Good luck on your 10k today, but mostly
..... have fun!!!!!

Sunny- I never had time to check in yesterday but I wanted you to know that I did check out your pic in your local paper.... thank you for the link. That's a fabulous pic!!!!! I bet your client is beyond excited. It's no wonder the two of you are getting together today with the running club.... you'll be the resident celebrities;-)

Christine- I'm glad your DH is better! I checked out your Jimmy pics on your picture trail. My fav is you holding him like a baby and saying he's too young for wine!! He's just too cute for words!
Have fun on your cool bike today:)

Cathy- Work was insanely busy the night before and with a nap, errands and workouts I just couldn't find the time for a cheetahchat
:( I'm here today though!!!:D Sorry you woke up with a sore throat and earache!!:( Hopefully it's a bug you can shake quickly!

Carole- I really enjoy Traceys CSF. Let me know what you think of her KB vid, it'll probably be on my "next" list. Is your piriformis acting up again???? bummer:( Are you going to try for a long run tomorrow?

It's shopping day.... got to stop my my Mom's also to deliver flowers since I'm working tomorrow. Later I'll probably go for some more kickboxing :7 :7

ShellyC

Good Afternoon Ladies.

Well, no work out for me yesterday and there certainly won't be one today either. Sick cheetah here. :-( I suddenly started to feel nauseaus last night and then began getting a fever. I dry-heaved and threw up just a tiny bit a couple times last night. By this morning the nausea had dissapated but I am still running a fever. ACK!

I am going try really hard to still have DS' party tomorrow. There's alot to do but DH is going to help me. If I can get through prep today then tomorrow shouldn't be bad. As long as my family has food to eat, I can always come inside and lay down on the couch if I need to.

Off to start water for the potatoes (home-made potatoe salad-YUM!) and cut fruit for fruit salad!

If I feel well enough later on I will come back by for some personals.

Hope everyone is having a nice day so far.

Wendy--- poor baby!! What timing :( At least your not heaving anymore.... sending you my best healing vibes your way!!!
Happy Birthday to Joey!!! even tho it's a day early

ShellyC

cathy- i sure do hope you feel better quickly.

carole- let me know what you think of tracey, csf!!

shelly- man o' man, i truly cannot believe the workouts you do. you are an amazing lady. i know i've said it before, however your workouts warrants it again...:)

christine- next month. not totally set on a date yet. sometime at the end of this month the mgr. plans on getting his staff together for a meeting. i am guessing he will let us know all of the particulars then. however he's already put me on a schedule for 6/4-6 to teach a half hr. bootcamp class...i am so nervous!!!

wendy- oh no, another sick cheetah. i hope you feel better quickly also. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to joey!!:)

Good afternoon Cheetahs!

I'm back from my race. The weather was great for a run. It was about 68-70 degrees and the sun didn't peek it's little head out. The race was good. The course had lots of mini hills but no really steep ones. Don't get me wrong the minis were hard enough. I had on my HR monitor and stayed within a 160-173 range and that felt good. I finished in 59:07 by my watch. I'm sure there was only a second or two difference in the official clock and mine. I beat my goal of running the race in 60 minutes. I started out slower this time and picked the pace up a few times. I also used iTread #6 outdoors and that really helped me keep a good pace too. I did place first in my age group but I was the only one in my age group. So, beating my goal time meant more. Most of the 50-54 year olds ran the 5K instead. Anywho, I'll have a medal to add to my collection. DBF completed the 5K in 39:00

Linda - Sorry to hear your Step Sweatfest froze. Hope you can get it replaced quickly.

Christine - How awful about dh! Hope he's feeling better. Loved the pictures of Tucker and Jimmy. What a great way to remember Tucker. I know he will always have a special place in your heart.

Wendy - Hope you like that iTread 30 minutes? Is that the one with all sprints? What a time to be sick. Hope you feel better and will be able to get things ready for Joey's party. Happy Birthday to him!

Susan - You do have quite an array of animals. Hope you enjoy the new floor.

Sunny - How did the run go?

Cathy - Oh, no, didn't think you were doing your friend a favor. Thought you were being a good friend so that she could get out and enjoy herself. I hate going out alone. Glad you had fun. Hope you feel better.

Carole - Yes, got my Garmin yesterday. Charged it overnight but I didn't use it today because I wasn't familiar enough with it yet. Think I'm going to love it! Can't wait to hear how you liked Tracey's Cardio Sweatfest KB.

Shelly - Great job on the 11 miles! I'm finding I have to get up earlier on Saturday mornings to get those long runs in before the sun gets too hot. So, Amy's Kickboxing is worth the money? I don't let the reviews deter me. I always work at my level and modify where necessary. I did have fun today.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday. I really need to do some stretching.

Jackie

Christine..glad to hear DH is better. I hope you enjoy a nice bike ride.

Shelly...way to go on the 11 miles! Not sure if it my piriformis or not. Just a pain...:)...I got Amy's APX so I hope I like it. I am planning on doing at least 8.5 miles tomorrow.

Wendy..sorry about the yukky sickness...:(...I would sure rather have a cold than be nauseous. I do hope you will feel better for Joey's party tomorrow.

Jackie...congrats on 1st in your division!!!! And beating your time...looks like DBF did well too...:)

The workout I did was Traceys High Intensity Kickbox challenge, not Cardio Sweatfest KB. I was disappointed in this workout, maybe I am just too addicted to Cathe but if this was High Intensity then her low intensity must be sleeping!! The weight section was all about balancing and lifting weights....weird. The floor leg section was good. So no more Tracey for me for awhile anyway...

Off to do some yardwork and laundry...:)

Hey cheetahs~

Carole :: oh, OK, he’s the chatty one…I thought you were referring to CSF, too – didn’t realize Tracey had another KB vid. *lol* about the comment that her low intensity must be sleeping. Cathe sure does set the bar high.

Christine :: hope you enjoyed today’s ride…Glad DH is feeling a little better.

Shelly :: I missed the negative reviews of Amy…it did catch my attention on Collage but I bypassed it because it was said to have complex choreography, which just ain’t my thang. :) But I’m glad you like it. It’s always exciting to find new workouts to mix things up.

Wendy :: sorry to hear you’re sick, too, esp. with a birthday party to throw in the morning! Hope you feel better & happy b’day to Joey!

Jackie :: congrats on beating your goal!! Awesome finish! And it sounds like you had perfect race weather.

Well, I went to the doc this morning...I've got a throat infection so penicillin's the fix…hopefully it kicks into gear ‘cause my throat feels RAW and I think I’m about OD’ing on Chloraseptic. Gotta confess, too, I’ve been drinking Coke (which I never do anymore!) because somehow it’s been kind of soothing.

After I saw the doc, I drove my parents up to a cemetery in PA (they promised a friend of theirs that they’d put flowers on her DH’s grave for the 20th anniv. of his death, which is this month) b/c it’s too intense of a drive for them. Afterward, we went to lunch at Applebee’s, where I indulged in a burger, fries, and a chocolate volcano. (Being sick has done nothing to deter my appetite!) The drive left me feeling a little spent (traffic was nuts!), so I think I'll take a little snooze and try for a light workout in a bit. It fouls me up somewhat with the X, but I'll figure something out. I also want to do a little bit of grading, so I'm not stuck with a mountain of work tomorrow, but it is already 5 pm. Sheesh ~ where does the day go??

Hello again! Back from some mega shopping, it's draining to do when it's hot! Temp is around 90 which is high for the elevation here.

Jackie- Congratulations on beating your goal for the 10k!!!! Awesome performance! I knew you could do it:) Nothin better than getting a medal too!! I do think Amy's KB ext vid is worth the money but then I am half insane so you have to take that recommendation with a grain of salt ;-) The heavy bag workout bonus
was such fun I did it twice (it's only 6 minutes long) and really makes me look forward to Cathe's version!

Carole- wow, I'm amazed at your description of Tracey's KB workout.
the CSF workout is definitely not like that at all! I find it nice and challenging and you know how much I love punishing cardio workouts;-) Good luck on your long run tomorrow!!!

Cathy- Driving all day.... ugh!! I can understand you feeling drained
Actually I don't think Amy's choreography is complex, maybe a little but no more than Cathe's. It is challenging cardio wise!!:eek: Hope you can get in the grading and that you feel better tomorrow!

I'm off to get in more kickboxing:7 :7

ShellyC

Hey Cheetah Babes!

I’m back from my ride and I really enjoyed it, but I have work to do if I want to be in the same cycling shape I was 5 years ago. Oh well. No big deal. I love a challenge. I rode it – it’s a pretty tough route – and I’m happy, but I want to ride it faster. (Now I sound like the rest of you Cheetahs!). Did the grocery shopping, and then took Jimmy and got my car washed (figured the noise and commotion of the car wash would be good to desensitize him – he’s still a little fearful, so I need to expose him to more things). I’m back and taking a moment to relax.

Shelly – enjoy your time at your mom’s! That’s sweet! Glad you got to run 11 miles. Sounds like you really enjoyed it. 90 degrees? You must be having the weather we did a few days ago – HOT!!! It’s cooled down though, so that’s good.

Wendy – So sorry to hear you’re sick! Hope you’re feeling a bit better tomorrow for DS’s Birthday! Happy Birthday to Joey – a day early! He’s a sweetie.

Sunny – that’s exciting. You’ll do a fabulous job with BootCamp! There are many people here to help you come up with a routine!

Jackie – WAY TO GO!!! 1st in your age group! Even though you were the only one to run! I think it’s great! Sounds like you attacked it just right! Enjoy your stretch! You deserve it!

Carole – that’s why I’m so afraid to try new instructors. I’m so picky about the intensity of my workouts. Enjoy your yardwork (I won’t say enjoy your laundry – I HATE doing laundry!)

Cathy – Hope you’re feeling better too! Must be something on that side of the country! Sweet of you to drive your parents. And if you figure out where the day goes, please let me know. I feel like it’s over and I got things done, but…

Hope all of the Mother’s and all who have Mothers have an incredible Mother’s Day!!

Shelly :: OK, hmm...maybe I will check out the previews on Amy before I write that one off. I just rec'd CIA's Kimberley Spreen k'boxing in today's mail (yay!), so I'm gonna go preview that one in a few.

Christine :: glad you enjoyed a challenging ride. I tend to bike a lot when I'm visiting fam in Germany (it's a bit more pedestrian-friendly than where I live)...but here, I don't even have a bike anymore. I do miss it. I'm with you - once I got hooked on Cathe, I was very hesitant to try anyone else, but I've been branching out lately - carefully. I tend to gravitate toward things that the cheetahs rave about it.

Well, I just finished Linda's lower body Squeeze mix, which included abs. Good one! It didn't leave me dripping sweat like B&G does, but they're two totally different styles of workouts. And I must say, Squeeze does burn, burn, BURN, baby! That's it for me tonight in terms of exercise. So, the X has gotten a little botched up this week...but I think I'm just gonna cut my losses and do what I can tomorrow.

As for grading, it's not happening anymore tonight. I think I'm going to eat a nice cup of chicken noodle soup and then batten down the hatches for the night & rest up.

Good night, ladies!
Cathy :)

Cathy..I bet carbonation would be soothing on the throat. That was sweet to drive your parents to the cemetery. This would have been my Dad's 80th B-Day, so probably why I am a bit sad today...I really want to send you healing vibes....:)...Sounds like you got in a good Squeeze workout...

Shelly...tell you what, I will send you the Tracey DVD and you can tell me what you think? I am kicking myself cuz I should never have tried someone besides Cathe. I also think Tracey will be at the RT!

Christine...I don't mind laundry. I just do mine...:)

Carole :: thanks...I am sure the soup will help...I thought you were not quite "yourself" the past day or two...I can certainly understand why, knowing the significance of today & that you are missing your dad. (((HUGS))) to you...I hope some warm & happy memories make you smile through the tears.

Cheetahs Check-in

Mercy! This has been a busy week. I finally have a moment to catch my breath and update y’all on my journey. My clutter clearing project was a huge success. I worked my butt off this week, and my hard work was rewarded. A week ago, every flat surface (including my bed) was covered with piles of stuff. When I returned home tonight, I did a double take and wondered if I was in the right place! I worked on this project all last weekend as well as every morning and every evening this week. I was overwhelmed Wednesday night, but I prayed and persevered. I am so glad! I went to the office Thursday morning for a few hours, returned home, and cleaned without ceasing from noon until well after midnight! I cleaned, scrubbed, moved furniture and piles, dusted and vacuumed every inch of this place, sorted, filed, and organized. In addition to the mountain of clutter Rebecca and I removed from my home Sunday morning, I hauled out 8 boxes and 3 large trash bags of stuff to throw away, give away, or consign. I am blown away by how much stuff I removed from this place in one week. I still have a lot of work to do, but I am fired up now and inspired to finish the job. Everything is organized. I know exactly what is in here and where it is. The remaining clutter is contained to 8 boxes stored in a nook between the dining room and kitchen. My closets are in order. My fitness closet looks amazing. I reduced my fitness shoe collection to a respectable dozen, and all my workout shoes fit in a hanging shoe organizer. No more shoe clutter on my living room floor! I have an entire closet in my living room devoted to fitness and travel. The top shelf houses my suitcases, a fan, and an umbrella. My workout clothes are all on hangers in that closet. A blue crate on the floor of the closet is the new home for weights that are not used on a regular basis, and my weighted balls and home step are stored neatly in that closet as well. My tubing and bands are on a hanger. My rebounder, club step, high step with risers, barbell, and weights are stored neatly on the right side of my workout area below my windows. The barbell and weights actually fit under the club step platform. The risers live under my high step topper. My workout area looks really nice, and I am excited about not needing to move anything before I get started every morning! All my workout DVDs are stored neatly on the top shelf of a bookcase next to my TV and DVD player. My books and Bible study materials are stored on the middle shelf and the bottom shelf of the bookcase. I put my magazines and catalogs in a basket next to the bookcase. There is a lamp on top of the bookcase and a wooden rocking chair next to it. My favorite teddy bears (that make my heart smile) have a home on top of the bookcase. I have a lovely place for prayer, pondering, Bible study, and reading! I cleared out a bunch of old magazines and catalogs. I reduced my collection of Collage Video catalogs to the few with pictures of Ya Yas. I could not believe how many years of those things I found.

I had several distractions Thursday that threatened to derail me. I finished a project at work for a client just in time to leave at noon. My vacuum cleaner started spitting out dust. A CD got stuck in my computer while I was backing up my computer. I called Best Buy, and the guy promised to fix it for free, but I did not have time to drive across town. I prayed over it and restarted my computer. Thankfully, I was able to set it free!

I am so pleased with my progress. For the first time in my life, I believe with all my heart that I can and will conquer clutter for good. My home is neat and clean, and 80 percent of the clutter has been removed from here. I still need to shred boxes of old bank statements and bills and reduce my collection of CDs and videos. I still have filing to do, and I want to organize pictures and put them in albums or scrapbooks. All my CDs are in their respective cases for a change, and they are stored in one dresser drawer. All my pictures are in a storage box, and all the albums are stored with them. There are no dirty dishes in my sink. There are no piles of laundry in my basket. I am amazed! I need to keep pressing on until it is accomplished because I do not want to have boxes in my dining room forever, but anything is better than tripping over piles of stuff! Cleaning will be faster and simpler now that I do not need to move piles first!

The bad news is that I lost some ground on the fitness front. I was wiped out after cleaning until midnight every night. I did not exercise at all this week. I am having Cathe withdrawals!

My eating has not been good either. I jumped off the clean eating boat yesterday and dove into a lake of sensual indulgence. I am having a delightful visit with my mother and her husband, but I have been doing way too much celebration eating. It started Friday morning with a trip to my favorite cafe for homemade blueberry pancakes with butter and maple syrup. These are buttermilk pancakes with fresh blueberries added to the mix. Yummy! We drove to Fredericksburg and enjoyed a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch. The deli did not have sweet tea, so I indulged in a Dr. Pepper. After 130 days of plant-based eating, I ate my first meat of the year Friday night. We went to Cotton Patch, and I had a grilled chicken sandwich on a whole wheat roll with honey mustard and fries washed down by sweet tea. This morning was a cinnamon roll with Dr. Pepper for breakfast. We went to my favorite tea and coffee shop for lunch, and I enjoyed a grilled cheese sandwich with 3 cheeses on 7-grain bread, salt and vinegar chips, and frozen lemonade. Dinner tonight was a petite Dallas filet from Texas Roadhouse, a baked potato with butter and sour cream and cheese, a yeast roll, house salad with honey mustard dressing, and more sweet tea. Did I mention the chocolate and the cheesecake? Yes, I am planning to face the music tomorrow morning and step on the scale. I feel like I have gained 10 pounds! I have a food hangover tonight. I am hoping to get back on track with clean eating tomorrow. I need to start my 12-week Cathe rotation too if I can move!

Now that I have confessed all my food sins, I am going to rest and relax. Have a blessed Sunday!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.