::Cheetahs SAT 12/16::

JAFitMama

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Well this group was busy yesterday. I lurked for a minute , but didn't get a chance to post. Most online time lately has been researching ellipticals vs. Total Body Arc Trainer. I am going to a Gym today to do a precor Elliptical session. I 've have done about 10 or so in the past, but never with the mindset to buy one.

Jes- Congratulations on running again :) And Thank you for the lovely card!

OK- I have gotten so many Cheetah cards and feel so happy to have connected wtih this bunch! Isn't is amazing how a little check in each day can be so uplifitng?

Susan you family is lovely! They look just as I imagined!

Hi & Bye (apologies for not many personals) I 've got tot get to the gym to try that elliptical before the kids need me to make breakfast and drive to and CHEER for Hockey.

Have a great Saturday Cheetahs; I'll try to get 'back on' at some point this weekend.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Good morning!

Judy - Hope you enjoy your elliptical workout. Good luck on deciding! I know what you mean about this group being so uplifting!

I am getting ready to do the standing portion of B&Gs and then go for a run. Not sure if I am going to do it outside or inside.
But.....I have so much to do today, so I have got to get busy! Went to a Christmas part last night and have another one tonight. Have to go to the grocery store and make MORE food! :9

Hi to everyone and will try to get back a little later!

Elaine - Thank you so much for the card!

Linda

Good Morning Cheetahs.

Judy, The busy bee as usual!:) Have a great day.

Elaine:
Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman.
All the world's waiting for you,
and the power you possess.

In your satin tights,
Fighting for your rights
And the old Red, White and Blue.

Now the world is ready for you,
and the wonders you can do.

Make a hawk a dove,
Stop a war with love,
Make a liar tell the truth.

Wonder Woman,
Get us out from under, Wonder Woman.
All our hopes are pinned on you.
And the magic that you do.

Stop a bullet cold,
Make the Axis fall,
Change their minds, and change the world.

You're a wonder, Wonder Woman.....Does that answer the question you asked y'day? :7 :7 :7

I have a TM run, GS Legs Standing work and gift wrapmax on tap for today.

I'll be back in a few with the rest of the personals!:)

Okay, I'm back. :)

I also realized that in addition to wrapmax I must finish Cheetah Christmas Cardmax! I have 5-6 cards left to write out and mail. Don't worry Cheetahs who didn't receive one from me yet. I didn't forget y'all! It's coming!:+

Jess, Laurie and Susan: Your cards were waiting for me when I got home last night. I got home late and I was very tired. The cards made me smile. They were a great mood-lifter for a tired, cranky mom. Thanks. :)

Christine, I don't know if you'll see this before you leave but have a safe and wonderful trip! You mentioned HSTA and are making me want to do it now! I actually lent it out to a Catheite to try so I don't even have it in my possession at the moment. I know, just an excuse, right? :p

Cathy, DH and I took airborne nighttime formula. We both still got sick but it was short lived so maybe it helped??? I load up on vit C when I start feeling sick and I believe that helps. I saw that Airborne has a lot of vit C in it as well. So I bought my mom an outfit from one of the "pricey" stores she likes to shop in. The stuff is gorgeous and it all feels like butter. I can't normally afford to shop in there myself which stinks but oh well! Actually, they were having a big sale y'day and I was soooo tempted to buy something but I resisted...maybe another time!

Carole, Shopping y'day wasn't me. I was alone in the middle of the afternoon (big crowd avoidance) and only went to one mall and walked it quick. I found a gift for my mom and was in and out in an hour. Most of my time was spent wandering the store I bought her gift in cause there was so much nice stuff! Ever hear of a clothing store called J. Jill? That's where I was.

Jess, I'm glad you all had a nice time with your FIL y'day. My friend just got a Garmin model 305 for her b'day! I'm jealous!:p I am running w/her tmrw, I can't wait to check it out! Your family is beautiful, btw.:)

Linda, You did a great work out y'day. I considered putting the GS u/b's together the way you did but never got around to it and now this coming week I've decided to switch to the Pyramids for u/b so I've lost my chance. LOL I am not a Pyramids fan but I figure the change is good and I know it's a great work out when lifting for strength. I just have to remember to do that darned ab work FIRST!:eek:

Laurie, I had to giggle when I read your post to Elaine about your x. I love seeing old flames and showing them what they are missing too!}(

Susan, Those raspberry truffle brownies sound awesome! Can ya email me a taste, please? :9 :7 I guess the cookie party is today. Have fun and don't each too much...if that's even possible at a COOKIE party!}( You have a gorgeous family. I loved the card. We made one like that of Joey last year. They are nice. This year I wasn't on the ball so it didn't happen but next year I think I'll make a point of it. :)

Shelly, Congrats on finishing up the shopping! Just when I thought I was done I do indeed have one last gift to buy! AAAH! LOL It's a small gift for a grab bag we are doing at work. It shouldn't be a big deal....I HOPE!:eek: I hope your 18 miler went smoothly y'day. Exceeding Cathe's weights!? You are kidding right? :eek: LOL

Marcia, Glad you came back! I'm sure your run was very inspiring! Going that distance after a long hiatus is definately a job well done! Now keep it up, girl!:)

I think that about wraps it up for now! I'll be back later!

G'mornin':) Well, the house is clean and tidy, the fridge is stuffed full and some of our company arrived last night. I have one course to prepare today and that's it! Everyone should be here by 2:00 and I'm excited about the day. I'm going to workout in a bit I'm thinking SJ&P step/hi/lo and some yoga. I woke up with a cold sore this morningx( I've only had one about a half dozen times in my life, should make for some lovely family shots:+

Judy, I think it's great that you are researching your purchase so thoroughly, smart consumer (no surprise!:)).

Linda, sounds like lots of Christmas cheer for you this weekend, have fun!!!

Wendy, glad the cards made you smile, I'm just loving getting them too! I've got some major wrapmax to tackle once the weekend's over, and a ridiculous amount of Christmas shopping to do. I think some evil little elf fastforwarded the calendar on me because I WAS feeling on top of things until last week.

Cathy, have yourself a good run, these mild temps are insane!

Have a wonderful day ladies, thanks for all your kind support this week. I'll chat with y'all tomorrow about the details of our dinner.:)

Take Care
Laurie:)

G'morning Cheetahs!! I just finished Drill Max (Scrambled Cardio pre-mix). It was fun! My hip flexors were a little tight, must be from the RUN y'day!! ;-) My IT band still feels good though!!! Sorry I didn't get back last night, we had unexpected company again! Greg's brother Brian's good friend Jon (he comes over quite a bit w/ Brian) came over w/ his girl friend, Amy. They're both really sweet, but so young! (19!) Greg's been doing a Bible study w/ Jon, he's kind of a *mentor* for him. Amy's home from college (she goes to our church too) so she came over w/ him. We warned them that the girls were sick but they didn't seem to mind. It was fun hanging out w/ them. And a little funny story, Amy likes to do Taebo so I showed her my Cathe collection. I showed her KickMax & Kick, Punch, & Crunch & now she wants to come work out w/ me!! LOL She plays college volleyball so she's athletic but I think doing a Cathe workout could kick her butt!!! Hehehe

Hannah spiked a 102.6 temp last night, so we'll be heading to the Dr. I'm wondering if it's strep again. Tummy ache & sore throat/ cough are her symptoms also. Allison's running a 100 temp this morning too. So far Kiersten is ok. I hope they can squeeze us in quickly this morning!! Sickies sickies everywhere!! Our Christmas Contata dress rehearsal is this morning, I guess Greg will be going alone. I don't know what I'll do yet for the actual Contata tomorrow. I can't take infectious kids, even just to sit in the pew! And... of course we have a fun Christmas party we're supposed to go to tonight. Brian is supposed to watch the girls.... we'll see how they're feeling later. I'll be bummed to miss it, I've been so looking forward to a *date* w/ my hubby!! :(

OK, enough babble from me! I've gotta get in the shower & get ready in case they can squeeze us in right when they open!!

I'll post an update later!

Good morning cheetahs

Quick post for me. I am going to do LIC before I go to my friends Dad's funeral. She has been doing okay at work all week. This will be sad...

I will try and come back for personals later...:)

Good morning, Cheetahs........

Since I'm just returning I need to get to know all of you again, so bare with me on the personals - I'll do the best I can until I know you better. I sure miss you all, though.

Jess: WOW, your little ones have really been sick lately, I hope they get over it soon. The holidays are a tough time to be sick. Hang in there.

I'm not sore at all from my run, so I'll be back out again today. I love snow at Christmas, but these 40 degree days sure make running again fun and enjoyable instead of the freezing weather we usually have that I can hardly breathe in.
;-)

I'm going to the state park just a few miles away for my run this morning. I'm going to 'try' and do 2 miles today. Since I wasn't sore from yesterday I'm guessing I can push myself a little bit more this morning.

Take care and I'll be back later.

Marcia.

Morning Cheetahs!
Quick check in for me. I have to get the house cleaned and then I believe I will do LIC. Carole made me want to. Ran y'day. Didn't get to B&G yet but it is on my todo list. Have a great day all!
LD

Good Morning Cheetahs!

I’ve been getting LOT’s of cards! Thanks to you lovely ladies! Well, I’m off to Philly today. I AM bummed at not seeing any East Coast Cheetahs (I’m still hopping to catch Cathy!). We’ll see. I’ll do BodyMax 2 Scrambled Eggs this morning before we leave (the plane leaves at 12:30, so I have time). I need a good hard core workout before heading to see sis. :+ I have absolutely nuts at work (one of those “careful what you wish for” things), but I’d rather be crazy busy than twiddling my thumbs. So, I’m happy with that at least. I can’t believe how warm it’s supposed to be on the East Coast while we’re there!

Jess – YES – CONGRATS on running again! I’m so glad to hear all appears to be on the mend!

Judy – good luck with the elliptical! And sounds like you have a crazy day! Enjoy!

Linda – Wow! I think I’m going to have to pass on the title of Social Butterfly to you! Sounds like a blast – but a busy one! Enjoy your run and B&G!

Wendy – I’m still doing ShopMax! My sister Wendy lives to shop, so I’m hoping we can knock out some of that! I haven’t even thought of WrapMax (well, I’ve THOUGHT of it, and then laughed and walked away). Enjoy your run and GS Legs! I’m sorry about HSTA! That’s one tough workout – I have DOMS in my glutes. Thanks for the wishes for a wonderful trip! Wish I could meet up with you! I know what you mean about crowd avoidance! I went shopping yesterday and was in Old Navy picking up a few things. Turned to check out and saw that the line was like a concert event – there must have been 75 people ahead of me. I just put my stuff back and left. I REFUSE to deal with lines like that.

Cathy – enjoy your run and weights! I PM’d you my cell number and the email address I’ll get messages on. Just in case we’re near each other and can meet up!

Laurie – Good luck tonight!!! Sounds like you have it all under control! So sorry to hear about the cold sore, though! Lovely timing! I’m with you on that evil elf! I would like to hunt him down and tie him up to stop further mischief!

Jess – hope the girls feel better soon and you get your “date”!! Sounds like you had a great time last night. Nice to have someone else to workout with! Tae Bo is fun (it got me started) but Cathe, well, Cathe is more fun!

Carole – I’ll be thinking of you today during the funeral.

Marcia – GREAT to see you back!!!! Running through a state park sounds gorgeous! Have fun, and I say push a bit. You’re being smart about it, which is good, but if you weren’t sore, go for a little more!

LD – hey there! Have fun with LIC!

I’ll probably not be checking in for a while (although there is a computer there so who knows). Enjoy the next few days!

Good morning cheetahs! I had to cut my 18 miler short at 10 miles yesterday...stomach issues :( which rarely afflict mex( Oh well, I made up some miles later on the elliptical. I was going to use next week as a "step back" week but I'll count this week as one instead.
I really didn't give myself enough rest for it either.... running around too much like a crazy woman...tis the season!
Anyway, today will be HSC and some cycling (FUN :+ ) Back to work tonight for more craziness there.... hopefully we should be getting a holiday slowdown again soon.

Marcia- WELCOME BACK!!!! I remember you were having all kinds of distracting problems with your job and seemed very overwhelmed. You sound much better and more positive now. I'm glad things are working out. Running will be terrific therapy for you. I'm sure you'll get in your 2 miles today... just keep it slow and take walking breaks when needed..... but you know that!

Jess- What do you mean you can now be "classified" as a cheetah again???? I don't remember you being declassified! Silly! Anyway, congratulations on a fine decent run! You must have been on cloud 9 afterwards! I'm so sorry your DDs are still sick..... you have been having terrible luck with illness lately it seems! I sure hope you can get to your party tonight.... crossing fingers for ya!

Cathy- I'll bet you're enjoying your weekend teacher cheetah! It sounds like it was a busy one for ya. When do you get your Christmas break? A trackball looks like a mouse with right and left clicks but it stays stationary, in the center of it is a movable ball that you move around with your fingers and this moves your pointer icon.. I much prefer it over the standard mouse.

Christine- Have a great time in Philly!!! Hopefully you can connect with Cathy.... if you do take pics! I hope also you can at
least steal some computer time to communicate....we'll miss you!

Susan- Wow, you sure have a fascinating background, a professional singer!!! I'll bet you put Whitney Houston to shame! BTW.... you have a beautiful family....well worth the sacrifice of a promising singing career! I'm glad your PT is going so well. When you get back into running you'll probably be better for it in the long run!

Elaine- Thank you so much for your absolutely lovely Christmas card!
My eyes watered a tad I must confess. What a generous soul you are!
Glad you got in a good workout yesterday!

Judy- Let us know how the elliptical trials go today!

Linda- Hey party girl! Great job in getting in a run...Carole is definitely inspiring!! Have a great time making those Buns sore with B&G today!

Wendy- A busy workout day for you there!!!! You're sounding like Carole with GS legs and a run on tap.

Laurie- Tonight's the BIG night eh? You definitely sound ready.
We'll be waiting for the report tomorrow! EEK, those pesky cold sores appear at the worst time!

Carole- How nice that you are supporting your friend now in her time of need..... but that's not surprising for you!

LD- Cleanmax and LIC today.... great combo! You gotta be feelin satisfied!

Okay, time to get busy now that I've gotten in my cheetahfix!

ShellyC

OK, I got in a great 6-mile run in mild temps (low 40s) and SH Chest & Back. I feel pumped, ready to tackle my load of schoolwork. As it happens, I accidentally left half of the stack of grading in the classroom – oops! Anyway, the plan is to plow through a bunch of work today and veg out tomorrow! :) Now let me get caught up with personals…

Judy :: how’d it go on the Precor? Are you ready to make a decision? Have fun rooting for your son’s team.

Linda :: Did you opt for an indoor or outdoor run? Piggybacked with B&G – go get ‘em, killer! Enjoy tonight’s party. :)

Wendy :: I am familiar with J. Jill. We have one around here, too. Good for you to resist temptation! When I am feeling indulgent clothes-wise, I gravitate toward Ann Taylor. You nailed a perfect description – everything feels like butter! I rationalize that it’s OK to treat myself to a few key, classic pieces…It’s gettin' kinda hard to shop in a lot of stores – the styles seem to be geared more and more toward the teeny-bopper, size-0 crowd!

Laurie :: doesn’t it figure about the timing of the cold sore! Drat —well, keep ‘em plied with alcohol and no one will notice. :) I’m glad to hear you’re pumped up and feelin’ the spirit! Lookin’ forward to hearing how it went.

Jess aka Doctor Mom :: good luck fightin’ those germs! I hope they feel well enough tomorrow so that everyone can make it to the Contata. (BTW, every time you say that word, it makes me think of something to eat! Can you tell I’m not musically inclined?? Which didn’t stop our band director from making me play a cowbell in yesterday’s winter assembly – ack!)

Carole :: have a good workout w/ LIC…Thoughts will be with you today…I know it’ll be a heavy day.

Marcia :: glad you have no soreness. How’d today’s run go? I agree—I’m lovin’ these milder temps myself. It’s tough to drag yourself off the couch & out there when it’s blustery.

LD :: have fun with LIC. Are you planning B&G today also?

Christine :: OK…I will most likely be out in the city tonight, but I know you said that might be tough to manage…it’d be great if we can manage to meet up! But if not, I’m sure it’ll happen. I was just thinking we should seriously discuss a Cheetah GTG for ’07.

Shelly :: sorry ‘bout those stomach issues – that stinks! Thanks for explaining the trackball. My break starts next Friday at 12 noon. I’m off til Jan. 2nd. Enjoy HSC & your cycling—is that on a stationary bike or outside?

OK, I need to go blow dry this mop. BBL!
Cathy :)

Good morning cheetahs,
I am having a love ball today. I get these now and then where I am all warm and fuzzy and just love my life. I just want to say, thanks you guys for being such a great group of women who provide me with strength and clarity and just an abundance of positive energy and kindness. You gals are TRULY special to me. Okay, now that I have embarressed myself.

Well, I took yesterday off. That was my second rest day in the week. I never do that. I was feeling so good after my pt appointment that I just wanted to let the body rest and enjoy the break. It was good for me. But, this morning I am off to the gym to do the elliptical for 50 mintes and abs and stretch. I have to get ahead of the game before I consume massive amounts of cookies for my party today. Actually, I am really going to try to be pretty good tonight. I am down to 135 which is great for me and I really want to stay that weight. If I go off the deep end I will get myself out of balance and I am really feeling quite calm and balanced with my life now.

I have not time for personals yet today, but will be back later. Have a great day folks and great workouts!

Laurie, thank you for the lovely card, it is right next to all of my other cheetahs cards.

Susan

Quick check in for now. I just got back from a 4.something mile run and I am cold and sweaty, not to mention stinky! I'm going to go shower then try to post some personals.

Hey gals: I'm back from my run and went 3 miles this time. Whew!!! It was absolutely fabulous, I enjoyed it so much. I was barely windy and mid-40's in temp, I just took huge big deep breaths practically the whole - the air smelled so wonderful! The park was kind of dreary, though, everything is so dead, black and brown ;-) ,but I loved it anyway.

We are off to watch DS play basketball and then go to the grocery store for things to make for my Sunday School kids and Christmas on my side tomorrow.

I can't believe how wonderful running makes me feel. My legs are tired now, but what an AWESOME feeling to have, my workout is over for the day and I'm totally energized.

I think DS and I will go to a movie tonight, DH is working at the tonight (his turn, mine was last night). Sometimes owning a bar and grill can be lonely, thankgoodness for DS.

OK, I'm rabbling on now......sorry.....just so excited to be back.

Take care and I'll try to get back and read personals so I get to know you all again.

Marcia.

Marcia...Welcome back! Good job on the 3 miles today!!!

Christine...have a great trip! We will miss you here. Thank you for your thoughts today...:)

Shelly...so sorry about the stomach issues! I have only had those a few times but they really suck! Yes, tis the season. Good workout today. Thanks for your kind words.

Judy..have fun with the Precor.

Linda...enjoy B&G, quite a fun and painful workout...:)

Wendy...your Wonder Woman song was quite cute. Sounds like a good lower body workout for you. Thank you for your card...and very kinds words...:)

Cathy...have a great run. S&H does make you feel pumped!! I hope to get some work done today (more cards!) and of course football veg tomorrow. Thanks for your thoughts, today went well.

Laurie...sorry about the cold sore, that happens to me too. I use a prescription called Famvir and it knocks em dead very quickly. I wish I could give you some...I know you will make this dinner tonight quite special. You really are a caring person. Thank you for the card. The message did get me a little weepy....you are just so sweet. Let us know how the dinner goes.

Susan...what a very sweet post. I feel so close to all of you cheetahs. I hope your glow stays all day, and then some...:)

Elaine...thank you for the card. Also a very sweet message...sounds like a good 4 mile run for you...

Jess...thank you for the card and lovely family pic. You are quite a phenomenal Mom. I think its awesome to see. Glad the IT band is doing better. I hope Hannah is feeling better soon...

The funeral was long. I knew I'd cry as soon as I watched my friend walk down the isle with her siblings, behind her Dad's casket. Then things were fine until the Vets did a gun salute and played Tap's....;( We went to her house for awhile and visited, then I came home. I am glad I did LIC this morning as it was just what I needed! Now I hope to get my little tree decorated and work on my cards. It has been incredibly fun getting all of the cards from you cheetahs....

THANKS Cathy... :7 :+ :)

Good Evening Cheetahs. :)

Well, I did not get my arse moving early enough to get in GSL but it will be easy enough to make up so I'm not worried. I did, however, get my Itread 20 min done plus an additional 20 minutes on the elliptical (in reverse). My legs were quite toasty when I was done. }(

I sat over breakfast and finished my Cheetah Christmas cards and sent them out this afternoon so the rest of y'all should get them this week...I HOPE!:eek:

I also accomplished wrapmax this morning! I got it all done but DH's gifts, one thing for my BIL which I got in the mail AFTER I was done wrapping (figures, right? LOL) and a grab bag gift for work which I have yet to purchase. All in all I am in excellent shape and feeling very good about it. :)

Laurie, I have to LOL at the evil little Christmas elf who is controlling your calender!;) I don't need help anymore so I will send you the GOOD elf that's been helping me so you can get it all done in time!:+

Jess, I'm so sorry to hear about your sick family again. I hope they get better in time for Christmas!

Marcia, Great job on the 3 mile run! You seem to be having no trouble getting back into it!:) So what movie did you and your DS see?

Christine, I don't even know if you'll see this but I agree with on the long lines. I have put things back and walked out of stores because of ridiculous lines myself. I go to Kohl's often and they actually have the Christmas check out line thing down pretty good. They create one huge, long line and then send people one by one to the first available register. It goes faster that way.

Shelly, Sorry about your stomach cutting your run short. That stinks. Hope work isn't too bad for you tonight.

Cathy, Are you sure you didn't "forget" that work in your classroom on purpose!? :p I've been in Anne Taylor. They have nice things too, but again, just too expensive for me. Once I start back to work f/t I will allow myself to shop in those stores. More so then then cost even is justifying clothes like that when I don't even have a job to where them to! You know what I mean? :) I am, however, going to try to keep an eye out for the next J. Jill sale. I really want SOMETHING from that store! Just ONE piece and I'll be satisfied....for now anyway!:p

Susan, I hope you have fun at the cookie party tonight. So did you calculate out how many cookies you can eat w/o going over the amount you burned during your work out this morning? :7

Carole, Sorry the funeral was so tough for you but I'm sure your friend appreciated your presence more than you'll ever know.

Wow, cheetahs are quiet tonight! I guess I'm the only loser who plays around online on a saturday night. :p

I am actually thinking of heading to bed soon. I'm beat and have to get up bright and early for an 8:30 run with my friend in the morning!:eek:

I hope everyone is having a good night.

Ciao Bellas!:)

hello everyone,

I ran 8 1/2 miles today with my dear running buddy. It was a nice day. we have had 2 good weekends to run and I love it. I was running out of steam towards the end of our run but felt good for most of it considering I only drank a slim fast shake before running. I just got back from xmas shopping. that in itself, wears you out.

carole-sorry about your friends dad.

jess- sorry to hear about your little one being sick. mine just got over strep throat.

talk with you all later!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.