::::CHEETAHS:::: Running on Saturday May 24th!!

Just getting ready now to head out for an 8 mile run. DH and I had a nice day yesterday shopping for him. I got him a table saw and a nice padded seat for his bike... hopefully we'll be going out for a bike ride later today or tomorrow!

Wendy- I'd be thrilled to have the cheetahs come to Philly and hang out in my luxury pad! This is where they are talking about putting me up-www.docksideapartments.com.
Looking forward to seeing you again at the Sheehan classic! Re: your first Mary- Anything in the area March thru July would be fine with me! May would be an optimum month for you I think... I'll do some research.

Christine- major bummer that you're having to deal with a micromanaging boss... hate that! Hopefully he'll get out of this phase soon and leave you all alone to do your work!
Wow, that fire sounds awful!! Sorry it's affected your plans for a trail run this weekend.

Carole- I am doing travel nursing until we buy a house and settle down in Pa permanently. It may take a while as we both have very definite needs and issues and it may be hard finding something we both like. Thanks for the Bday wishes for Jerry! Hey, just curious... what's your PR for the 5k?

Jackie- Hope you have a fabulous time at your class reunion this weekend.... I bet they will all be drooling with jealousy over how fabulous and young you look!

Dallas- Wow- 5.5 miles followed right after with MM??? AWESOME! Oh my, your youngest going on to grade school! Quite a milestone--they do grow up fast! My plans for the weekend are very quiet and humble-- going for a bike ride with DH and getting together with his family on Sunday. I hear ya about the iTreads... there have been many times I'm still running when Grace is going thru stretches! Yes, the travel assignment is only 13 weeks... that is typical. Nice thing about travelling. If you don't like the assignment, it's over soon and if you do like it often they ask you to extend. Sounds like you have a busy fun filled family holiday planned!

Sunny- Whew- an hour long hilly run!!! WTG~ That fat loss difference is really impressive!!! You're gonna have alot more converts soon with these results!

Gloria- I'm hoping that you are getting plenty of healthful restorative sleep!!!

Cathy- I'm betting you will make the maximum use of this long holiday weekend!! I'm excited also about living practically within shouting distance of you with this new job!
Interested in a GTG at Cathe's sometime this summer?

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

ShellyC

Morning Loverlies.

Well, I just ordered this a few minutes ago: http://store.beacon-fitness.com/servlet/-strse-DVDs/Categories. I am going to add KB's into my AB rotation in place of the third weight work out each week. I also bought Iron Core Volumes 1 and 2 from Target y'day but I'm not sure if they are worth keeping after hearing about the above! I guess I will wait to open them until after I've tried The Kettlebell Way. :)

My plan for this morning's interval work is to hit the gym and do hills on the TM. I will choose a pace that I am very comfortable with and then adjust the incline from flat to HUGE HILL for the intervals! LOL That should hurt a bit!}(

Shelly: NICE accomadations! WOW! We can go hang out at the pool! :)
I will continue to look in regards to the mary and jot down my ideas. We have time and ofcourse, I need to make it through October's race in one piece first!:p

Off to peruse the rest of the forums...BBIAB!

Good Saturday morning :) :)

I never made it back on the computer yesterday-- lots of busy things to do and I went shopping. Found some sandals/shoes that I so love and they were on sale-- even better :)

Ok time to catch up on personals before my HIIT workout with GIANT sets for biceps and core work.

Cathy: Wii sounds interesting. I wondered if the FIT was a good workout or not. We don't have the Wii in our house. Any big plans for the long weekend?

Wendi: I so love those early morning runs. Course I don't do them too often without having my coffee first :) Sorry the rainbow didn't bring you any luck bowling.

Wendy: You are right on track with this AFTERBURN stuff huh? Have you been able to follow the diet to a T? Have you given up CABS while doing this?

Shelly: That so sucks no retail therapy :) I so can relate when we need a fix :) Job sounds interesting-- with the way the economy is --it's good you have one, huh? Price of gas is now 4.02 here. YIKES! One core workout on foam roller--has you lay on your back on it--hands on the floor to stablize yourself and you do a bicycle movement minus the arms. It's tough to stablize yourself--works my core nicely.

Christine: Too bad on the boss wnating to micromanage ya. Hope you have a terrific long weekend--any plans?

Jackie: Nothing like having a sound sleep :) Funny how our bodies just do that :) Enjoy your class reunion.

Dallas: Aww on the preschool grad :) I get teary eye during my kid's high school and college grad. I tend to cry alone so that I don't end up doing an UGLY cry in front of them :) It's hard--lots of lip biting. How did the cocktail party go? And that's so cool to have no games over the weekend.

Sunny: HIGH FIVES on the BF. That's so cool

Gloria: Hope you get better fast

Carole: What do you have planned for the long weekend? Have you finished all your planting?

Ok off to get my wokrout in. I may be back --not sure. We have a 50th anniversary party to go to tonight. And the weather is promising. :) Enjoy your day girls :)

Morning Cheetahs!

I have been up since 6:30, but went to bed early so I am fine. I am feeling the best I have all week, but still not 100%.

Cathy: Wii fit sounds fun! I lol about you being tripped! :eek: Nice workout last night. Hope you are having fun at bootcamp. Yes, I did work yesterday, but am off on Monday.

Kath: Hope you are having a good day with your family! :)

Wendi: Sounds like a beautiful outdoor run. A rainbow too!! I am sure you will see some of that luck soon. Thanks for your well wishes. Hope the riding goes well. :)

Wendy: Last summer I worked as a waitress in Montana. It was hard for me to be "bossed" around by people when I am used to being the one in charge. Also, I had some rude customers who I could not tolerate and was just as rude right back. Not good when you are working for tips! LOL! :eek: I am not going to work this summer, just tutor an hour a week and help DH as needed in the flyshop. Next summer I will be finishing my master's degree work. Nice job on the weight loss and eating discipline!

Shelly: I am sorry this is not the job you want. You are very positive though and I am sure you will be rewarded with a job you really want soon. Happy birthday to your DH! Sounds like you two had a nice day! :)

Christine: I love my principal, but sometimes I felt as if we were given "busy work" at our staff meetings. My last principal gave most of his work to everyone else. x( Sorry about that. You are right, DH should not be out in those conditions. Have a fabulous day!

Carole: My DH and I do not eat out much because we can usually cook better food at home. He likes cooking too. Which workout did you decide?

Jackie: I am feeling better, thank you! :) I hope you have fun at your class reunion!

Dallas: Wow, you kicked some serious butt with that workout! :) No plans for the weekend except some grading, relaxing and cleaning. That is fine with me. That is sweet about the preschool graduation! We are having a 5th grade graduation the last week of school.

Sunny: How fun that you and your sister have so much in common. You will have a great time!

I am feeling capable of working out. We will see. Have a great day ladies! BBL!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...well you are racking up a lot of points with Scramble, even if you might loose! I am liking Scrabulous a bit more these days. The Wii Fit sounds so fun! LOL about your pacer trying to trip you when you pass!!

Shelly...sounds like DH's B-Day was a nice one!! I hope you 2 can get out for a bike ride. After the nasty heat we had last weekend...it is raining now!! The only thing I hope for with the 5K is under a 10 min pace!! I honestly am not sure I have ever run a 5K!!!

Wendy...I ended up doing 40 min on the EXT. No plans for the weekend as of yet...it is raining now and I think it might the whole weekend. Enjoy your hilly interval run.

Kath...no big plans for the weekend. I wanted to do some yard work but not sure I will in the rain!! Have fun at the 50th Anniversary party.

Gloria...we don't go out to dinner for the same reasons as you. My DH also likes to cook. Glad you are feeling better.

Jackie..I sometimes have a snack after dinner too. Glad you already have a renter. Do you ever plan on selling that house? Good job with the SJ&P premix.

Dallas...sounds like you are enjoying the Wii Fit. I have no plans to buy one. I haven't done freestyle for a few weeks. I am working on heavier weights for my lower body in prep for STS.

Sunny...congrats on the BF loss!!! I hope you have a great time workout out with your sister.

I will be doing an Amy kickbox mish mosh today. Then wait to see how the weather will be as I would like to get in some yardwork. But if it rains I might have to stay indoors...

Have a great day..:)

Mornin', girls! :7

Carole -- hope the rain holds out and you can get out for your yardwork. We're finally lookin' at some gorgeous skies here--yay! We were overdue. Yeah, I had to laugh when the Wii guy tripped me. I really had to bust butt to pass him, too, because as I got faster, so did he. Tricky bastard. :p :7 Knows nothin' about courtesy. }( :7

Gloria -- so glad you're feeling better...in past years, if we didn't use one of our two built-in snow days, we'd get a 4-day weekend for Memorial, but this year, the powers-that-be decided to end the school year a day early instead...Read about your summer work with interest. It really is hard to go back to certain jobs/schedules after teaching, isn't it? My first summer of teaching I went back to work in the legislator's office, and I thought I would go completely insane. Don't think a desk job would work out for me anymore. Tutoring is a great gig, but I don't have anything lined up this year. Gotta get that sitchy-ation settled soon...Your DH likes cooking, too? Any chance he has an available twin? ha ha! :)

Kath -- the Wii Fit definitely CANNOT be considered a workout...BUT like the other Wii games, you are at least being a little bit active while you play. That's how I look at it. I'm really enjoying the balance aspects of it. No big plans. Coupla BBQs. Liiiiitle bit of work and studying. Have fun at the party!

Shelly -- enjoy your bike ride with DH today! Sure, that would be fun to meet up for a class.

Today's class was a toughie (we were subjected to some extra punishment on account of the holiday weekend), but I am seeing some improvement from week one, and I do feel great! Off to get showered.

Have a great day, everyone!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Happy Saturday Lovely Cheetahs!

Carole – Too funny that our DH’s know who the members of the Cheetahs are! Nice of your DH to ask if the fire was close to me. Have fun with your Mish Mosh! I hope it rains here and stays sunny there for you. We need the rain so badly!

Jackie – Yes, the fire is still going. It’s 20 percent contained. Sad. Glad you got a great night’s sleep! That feels wonderful, doesn’t it?

Dallas – Happy 40th to DH! The WII Fit sounds like fun! You and Cathy’s tales of it are making me want one! The workouts for TT come in .pdf format. There’s usually about 30 + pages with them, so I print them at work. }(. But you don’t need to print them all just a few pages with the actual workouts. The rest is photos of how to do them, and he also has videos on Youtube to show you as well.

Sunny – oh, how fun to have your sister there with you! WAY TO GO WITH THE Fat loss!!!!

Wendy – Isn’t the Gymboss great? Good purchase there - that’s the best starter workout out there for kettlebells! Enjoy it! I think I’m going to sub a kb workout for the BB complex on Fridays, as well.

Gloria – HI! Hope you’re feeling better and get to enjoy the 3 day weekend! I hate busy work more than anything. I just wanted to smack my boss. Oh well. I took it out on the weights instead. I feel better. :+

Cathy – I haven’t heard a lot of good reviews any of Patricia Moreno’s workouts, but I’m sure they have their place. I’m anxious to hear what you think! I think Wendy’s description makes the most sense – just different types. For now, I’m following Craig. Who knows where I’ll go from here! Great job with seeing improvements in you BC class!

Shelly - YES! It is a beautiful long weekend, even with the rain today! Hope your 8 mile run was wonderful! Your new pad looks like a fab place! I may be coming out to visit you too! I’m not thrilled about missing my trail run, but that’s okay. I’m hoping the rain helps with the fires!

Kath – Oooh, shoes and sale are two of my favorite words!!! :+ Good job! No major plans – just a family BBQ on Monday (going light with kabobs and a low cal pasta salad) and dinner with friends on Sunday. What about you?

The good news is that it looks as if we might get some rain which will help with the fire. The bad news is that it looks as if we might get some rain, so no outdoor activity. :p I got my jump snap and mats yesterday, so I’m thinking I’ll do step with my new mats. I’m thinking maybe Athletic Step Jam or Rock Steady or a mish mosh, if I can go that long! :p Or I might just do a long Spinerval and save the step for tomorrow when I want to do a shorter workout. We’ll see. Then it’s grocery shopping, then making food for Kimo. Last night DH and I went out for a birthday party for one of our friends. We had a great time, but I ate too much, including a decadent chocolate, hazelnut mousse (and I enjoyed every single bite of it – it was my cheat meal), so I think I need a good workout today! :p

Hey Chics!

Intervals are done!

High: 5.5 pace 8% incline
Low: 5.0 pace .5% incline (my normal flat run incline)
High: 5.5 pace 9% incline
Low: 5.0 pace .5% incline
High: 5.5 pace 10% incline
Low: 5.0 pace .5% incline

The 8 and 9% inclines were a little light for the speed I chose so I will either stick with 10% next time or up my speed a tad on the lower inclines and see what happens. }( Since my high interval speeds are on the low side for this work out I will probably also lower the low intervals to a fast walk of about 4.5 instead.

I'll probably do a little Turbo Jam at nap time as well...just for fun!;)

Gotta get washed up. Promised Joey we'd go the park for a bit this morning.

BBL!

Morning Ladies!

Last night was so much fun! I'm so glad we had the party out though. Yeah, for no clean up! ;-) Today was a planned rest day because I knew it would be a late night. I'm just bummed about missing my TNT run. It was at the same location as last week. I'll get that run in tomorrow. Dh is not feeling so hot right about now. Glad I was the DD! ;-) The only thing I have is a nice blister from my heels. :( What should I use on them so I can run tomorrow? Dumb shoes! UGH! I think I got some good pictures. I'll try and download them soon.

Cathy ~ Glad you enjoyed your BC class! }( How long is your run tomorrow? Wish we could run together. lol'd about the pacer and tripping you! :7 Haven't tried the running yet. I watched DS play the soccer game....it is funny watching ppl play that! :7 We added the extra foot extenders on the Wii board, so maybe that was the problem??? Thanks for the birthday wishes for DH. He actually turned 40 last month, but we didn't have time to "really" celebrate. :) Studying has been on the back burner, I'm afraid, with this crazy schedule. I could give up my workouts instead, but that won't happen! :eek: I'll start back in when things calm down with the kid's schedules.

Carole ~ Oh, I didn't know you stopped doing freestyle. Yeah, I guess that's a good idea about lifting heavier. Hope the rain stays away so you get that yard work out of the way. That's one of the things that marathoner guy said while running together that he felt 5K's were harder than a marathon. :eek: lol

Gloria ~ Hope you feel well enough to work out. Your weekend sounds good to me! ;-)

Kath ~ lol'd about the "ugly cry". :7 I was on the verge. Have fun at your anniversary party. What's your foam roller length? I think I have to get the longer one to do that ab exercise you were telling Shelly. I'll have to try it and see.

Wendy ~ I have no doubt you will do great in that 18 miler in October. :) The link you provided - is that one that Christine and Sunny were doing? I need to start a list of all these must have workouts! ;-) Nice job on your interval run. Have fun at the park. I'm sure we'll be visiting a park at some point too.

Shelly ~ Happy belated birthday to your dh! Have fun on your run and bike ride. I'm hoping to get the kids out for a bike ride before our b-day party today. That's great you have options for your job.

Sunny ~ Nice workouts y-day! How fun to hang and workout w/your sister! :) Way to go on the BF%!!! Woo hoo!!! You are working it!

I think I"ll do abs and floor work (legs) today. That way tomorrow all I have to do is run and stretch. :)

Have a great day!

ETA: Christine ~ I don't know how I missed you! See ^^^ to Cathy...we were just very late in celebrating (dh's b-day). Couldn't get a date w/the kid's sport's schedules. Your dessert sounds divine. I have to admit I had a piece of dh's Aunt's baklava! :9 She does make the best. :) So, you have JS too? Can't wait to hear what you think. Enjoy your mish-mosh.

Good afternoon Cheetahs!

I am still coughing some and a bit raspy, so I decided against the workout. I'm not going to feel bad about it. Let me repeat, I am not going to feel bad about it! :)

Cathy: Great class! I would so love to go to one of those. Athletic/non dancy workouts are my favorites! Sorry to disappoint, but my DH does not have a twin. :-( He has a brother, but he is married and kind of a PIA! :eek:

Christine: That desert sounds delicioso! :) So what did you decide to do today? Is the fire contained any more than previously? Are your friends in danger? I hope not.

Carole: Were you able to get in any yard work?

Dallas: Happy birthday to your DH! Sounds like the party was fun! Being the DD is a good feeling the next day! :) No, didn't work out. Just thinking one more day to rest would be wise.

It is a beautiful day out there today. It has to be in the mid 70's. The warmest it's been all year! :) Well, as you know I MIGHT be doing a marathon in Nov. and am getting the bosu on Tuesday. Are there any good bosu workouts you would reccommend? Also, I have a little extra cash right now and was thinking that I should buy Cathe's Core Max and Gym Style Legs to do while in training. What do you ladies think about that? I already have legs and glutes, butts and guts and the pyramids. Thanks!

One more question for the oh so fabulous cheetahs! :)

Do you wear your running shoes for your other workouts? I have been doing that since changing it up a few years ago and haven't had any problems. Just wondering. If you do wear a different kind, what are they? Thanks! :)

Hello Cheetahs!

It's been a busy day for me. I ran 5 miles this morning and had a good run. Legs felt good. Then, I watered my new plants, mopped floors and cleaned the hardwood again. Then,I went to the rental to finish up there. Doing laundry now. Will have to get ready for my class reunion in a few minutes.

Dallas - Hope you enjoy your weekend with no games. I hope I'll get to relax a little tomorrow and Monday. Glad the party was a success.

Sunny - Congratulations on that BF loss! Yippee!!

Wendy - Yes, I'm pretty much settled. Still need to get things like curtains and little accessories. I do love it. It's nice to have so much space. I'm still pinching myself. Eventually I'll get some pics taken and put them on yahoo. I haven't had time to think about and train for races. But, there are lots going on. I'm sure I'll find some to partake in.

Cathy - That Wii sounds like so much fun. Thanks for the review on Patricia Moreno.

Shelly - Good job on the 8 miles! Glad you and DH had a good day shopping. Sounds like he got what he wanted. Did you get the bike ride in? You're making me blush with the class reunion comments. Thank you very much. I did get lots of compliments last night especially seeing how much some of my classmates changed.

Kath - Don't you just love a good sale? Enjoy the party tonight.

Gloria - Glad you're feeling better. Hope you did an easy workout! I use CXT for my other workouts!

Carole - I'm trying to hold out to see what the highway dept. is going to do before I put the house on the market. They plan on widening the highway there and will come right to the front porch of the house. I'll give it at least a year. I've had offers to buy the house too. Hope you got to get out in that yard.

Christine - I hope you got some rain to help the fires but sorry it may interfere with plans. Anothe Jump Snap convert, I see. Hope you enjoy it.

Gotta run ladies! Hope you have a fun evening!

Jackie

Cathy: I forgot about posting this earlier. It is SO hard changing jobs during the summer! My DH and the partners decided to NOT run a canoe livery and just be a water sports shop. They are selling canoes, kayaks, and fishing boats. I will not be needed in the capacity I thought I might. So that means I am free. I thought about going to the golf course about 10 miles from my house to apply for a job, but I do not think I can take it. I was such a b*%#h to some of those rude customers last year! Andy agrees with me. He thinks I should just help his shop if needed, take care of the dog and house, and be training for my marathon. What did you do in the legislature's office? ITA that I could never do an office job!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.