: : : : CHEETAHS Runnin' Wednesday : : : : :

meatlessinca

Cathlete
Top o’ the mornin’ Cheetahs!

Hey, all this SUV bashing is gonna send me into MIA for weeks action if ya’ll don’t cut it out…geez, give a girl a break. We got our Wildebeest (aka Yukon XL) 5 years ago because we have 3 teens and a huge use for it, not to mention we live where we need 4X4. Right now it is our only vehicle (DH’s work truck is company owned) so I’d like to get something smaller second hand to use for commuting to work. YEP, the gas price is absolutely outrageous here in sunny (but raining right now) California…we are talking $3.89 for the friggin regular, so yeah, us huge SUV owners are really feeling the burn…Chyeah, and I think milk is up to $4 a gallon as well…please have mercy; I have teenagers! LOL

Cathy – Me thinks I can make the B2B next year…that should be a really fun Cheetah GTG! Hope you get the Friday and Monday off for Chicago – I got my approval back already along with a note of encouragement for success with the run to boot! Can’t beat that.

Wendi – LOL re: the Devil wears Prada comment! I use the line often instead I say 5 stomach flues away from my goal weight! LOL..I LOVE that movie and as a matter of fact, DD gave me the DVD for my birthday! BTW, good job on your runs lately – Wow!

Wendy lou – Are you considering B2B next year? That would be awesome! Hope you’re not getting the crud!

Carole – oh no, hope your friend’s mom gets better as well as your DBIL…sheesh about your sister…wt?!?! that is so messed up! uh hem, and yeah, I’m really loving the gas prices…hhmmmfffff

Christine! – whadddya mean base it on MPG’s a car gets? No way, I already pay WAY too much tax as it is! I’m still waving my middle finger at the Feds and FTB on a daily basis after I see the enormous dent they just put in my savings acct!...lol. What sucks is that my DH got a severance paycheck when the company he worked for closed last year and trust me, it was taxed to the bajeepers then the gross was added on to our annual income and wella, it threw us into another tax bracket and we owed so much which has never happened before! I don’t agree with the State cuts on education at all and it is great your DD was involved in the protest… Actually, I think the entire nation is in deep doo-doo financially right now..

Dallas – Well, of course I’d like to give you a pep talk, but you already know I think you can do a marathon.. But I do totally understand your decision about the half (which you’re gonna do great on!). Only you know what is best for you. Besides, I’m not doing anymore Chicago enabling…nope, I had one day of fun with a full post of nuttin’ but Chicago enabling so I think I’ve met my quota…lol.. Um, but does this mean you’re not going to see us when we come to the Windy City?

Shelly – Oh wow, you don’t have much time left at work do you…And I agree that you’re gonna be so missed! Especially with Nurse Ruthless taking over….It would be great if you can make out for the B2B!

Hi Jackie! - Maybe you’ll be all settled in by May 09 and can come out for the B2B! yeah?

Welcome Gloria! Hope you get picked for NYC! I wanna do that one someday as well! Great job on your runs!

Kath – Good job with trail run. I like the trails too but not the Mountain Lions! eek! too chicken lately to hit the trails. Garmins can be had by searching online for good deals! When my DH gets too demanding I just say, “No intiendo ingles”….lol

Linda – That’s great you’re working on a training plan with a friend. I’m making one for my friend and I right now for Chicago. We have to plan around her ER schedule so it can be tricky for the long run. Did you know Hal Higdon schedules are online at his site?

LORIE?? yoo hoo, did you see what Cathy posted to ya'll? uh huh, the Chicago event is bout' to fill up....

Ok, has anyone heard from Sunny? This is so not like her! Does someone have her cell number? Maybe a phone call to check on her is in order…hmm? Whadddaya’ll think?

Have a great Wednesday ya’ll!

Thomasina :7

Good morning, cheetahs! :) :) :)

Gloria ~ I’ve only ever taught MS (6, 7 or 8), and I agree that is the best fit for me.
I usually do the same—come home and chill first before working out or tackling anything for school. I’m a morning person, too, but I really have to nudge myself to work out before 5 am and do it only when the schedule absolutely forces it. Enjoy your circuit today.

Kath ~ I’ve started a marathon training program in preparation for Chicago. It’s based on Jeff Galloway’s “To Finish” plan and John Bingham’s “Run/Walk” plan…glad you enjoyed your trail run.

Linda ~ I need to go check out Higdon’s again. :)

Wendi ~ sorry your stomach’s been acting up…hope you feel better today. How’d it go with the self-tanner? I haven’t read the posts, but I see it cropping up a lot on the O/F.

Wendy ~ sorry to hear you may be getting sick…I know you’ve had some late nights lately, so it may be wise to go against your inner workout beast urges :) and take a rest day. It's not a major setback to start BBC a day later. Just a thought as I know lack of sleep can really wear you down and make your immune susceptible.

Posh ~ awww, come on. :) We love our Posh! No one’s really attacking SUV owners. I do understand the need for some families, and my group sure appreciated having a 4x4 out in Colorado where the snow-covered roads up in the mountains were pretty daunting. But here in Jersey, where things are basically flat and the weather doesn’t call for it, LOTS of people are driving these things when there is not truly a need in all cases. For example, a Humvee, IMO, is never justified. My chiro drives one (and I think she’s one of the nicest people ever!), but I do think it is environmentally irresponsible to choose a vehicle that only gets 15 mpg just b/c it’s a status symbol or you feel like a bad-ass driving it. Perhaps instead of Christine’s proposal, the government should offer breaks to people who drive environmentally-friendly vehicles; that way, people would have incentive to choose carefully...I hope to hear soon re: my personal days. I did add a Friday night stay to the hotel reservation.

Today calls for XT...I think instead of the bells, I'm going to go back to the 4DS premixes for a little bit.

Peace, love, & humptyness to y'all! :)

Morning Cheetahs.

Yes, I left out the word "GOOD" on purpose. I didn't fall asleep until maybe 3am last night. I'm NOT a happy camper this morning. x(

I will try for B2B next year. I will say that DH and I are supposed to be going to Vegas in March so with that, the added expense to get out to Cali a couple months later may be too much. I also hate flying and don't know if flying across the country for just a weekend is realistic for me. That being said, y'all know I'd LOVE to join ya and will do what I can to make it happen. :)

Gotta go get that 2nd cup o' energy now.

BBL...

Okay, now I'm not only exhausted and cranky but ticked off at myself as well!

I just went to make a credit card payment online. This payment is typically due on the 24th or 25th of the month. I usually double check the due date within plenty of time but this time it was overlooked probably because of vacation or whatever. Anyway, to my horror, the payment was due YESTERDAY! Yeah, for MOST things a day late is nothing but for most credit cards that means a late fee and possibly a raise in interest rate! :eek: I had made this mistake with my Kohls card one time and after emailing them, they were kind enough to reverse the late fee. My interest rate never went up either although I don't know if that's actually part of thier policy or not. That being said, I made the payment and immediately emailed them in regards to any pentalties I might incur. I am HOPING they will forgive this one little goof.

UGH, gotta go get ready for work now...it's gonna stink today....On wednesdays I am alone for the last hour and when I really don't want to be there that last hour DRAGS! x( x( x(

Sorry for being such a Debbie Downer. Hopefully I'll be happier once I am out of work and even HAPPIER once I've napped!;)

Later babes!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...way to go on the 3 mile run! LOL on seeing too much, me too!! You know I thought that name was vaguely familiar...I am a huge TruTV (former Court TV) and I might have seen the story on Emmitt Till there or on something else like 48 hours as that story is familiar. Awfully sad and I can see why you want to pay your respects. Enjoy your 4DS premix.

Wendy...sorry about the insomnia and possibly getting sick!! I saw an adjustable KB like that on Amy's site...looks cool...:)...So you might come out next year for B2B?? Flying is a piece of cake...from someone that had only flown once in the last 30 years before the Cathe trip! From what I have heard the only credit card that ups the rate % for late payments is Capital One. I hope they don;t give you a late fee for ONE day late! I hope work goes smooth for you..

Posh...I am with Cathy as were were not bashing big SUV's. I just thought it odd to see so many now with the gas prices...I can see why big families need one. The gas prices are ridiculous, which reminds me I need to get some today...:(...All I can say is this sister is a piece of work, and I always try to not be in the same room with her at family stuff, her constant exaggerating (basically fabricated) stories have always been too much for me to handle without having to slap her...:)

Gloria... At 16 I was playing softball and volleyball in High School but got my 1st weight bench at 18. I started running as a senior for volleyball practices as they were very intense and I needed to build up my endurance, I was hooked form then on. Good job with the iTread and 6 miles! LOL about the tapas bar when you run your 10 miler...:)

Kath...how nice you got in a little trail run...Sorry about DH having to retire from coaching, I guess promotions are not always great......

Linda...standing curls can be a little tricky...I have done them on my other machine using a cable, but I make sure to prop my knee of the working leg up against something so I can keep the movement straight (if that makes any sense)..No my sister probably did not want to be bothered with taking my BIL to the clinic...she is odd...Thanks for your thought on my BIL and Betty. Good workout yesterday. I am doing GS this week too.

Wendi...LOL at "I'm only one stomach flu away from my goal weight"...but sorry about your stomach issues, those are no fun. Thank you so much for your prayers. Scrapple....YUK!!!!!! Ask Wendy as she likes it...I got Dave's tanner too and think it is the best tanning stuff out there.

Thanks for all your prayers and thoughts as Betty went home yesterday!!!!! I should try and see my BIL today but sure want to avoid seeing my DS!!!! As I would need this: http://mylalclass.com/stfu.gif[/img]

I am doing leg curls & exts, GS Back & Bi's and a 3-4 mile run.

Have a great day...:)

Thomasina – I guess I really shouldn’t talk too loudly. We had a Yukon, too, for 4 years. It was helpful with teens. Now that we only have one at home we’ve downsized to an Envoy – which is still big, if you ask me. But, DH will never part with his SUV (so we’d be paying, too on any tax on SUV’s). My big beef with the big SUV’s are the people who drive their 12 MPG Hummers and other vehicles to commute 60 miles one way to work. Maybe the tax should be based on how you use it. Who knows. Glad I don’t have to decide this, as I am obviously not very good at not offending someone. {{{HUGS}}} I certainly didn’t mean to offend you! Please accept my apologies. I think severance should be considered completely separately – or paid out over time – for exactly that reason. I do agree that the nation is in deep doo-doo. I DO NOT think education cuts are the key. I don’t know what to do instead. What I don’t agree with is eliminating and cutting taxes when we are in such deep doo doo. I don’t want to pay either, but the money has to come from somewhere. I’d rather pay more in taxes (we paid out, too, this year – BIG time) then borrow the money from other countries.

Cathy – Have fun with 4DS – it’s great to be able to mix things up! It’s too bad we cannot base the tax on a combo of mileage driven a year vs gas mileage you get. That might work. Who knows. The problem with being 30 and dating is that the men who are most available are the younger ones, the older ones are settling into relationships. My first DH was 6 years younger. :p Good job with the run yesterday!

Wendy – So sorry you could not sleep! I hate that! Hope your day goes better! Sounds like it’s not fun right now. Good luck with the card. Hope they don’t raise the interest rate! That would suck! We’d love to have you out here for B2B! But, we definitely understand. I think we could keep the cost down. And you can get direct flights – which are not as bad. I’ve seen the kettlestack. I’ve heard mixed things about them – especially if you don’t have them fully populated – they seem to be a little off balance-wise. But, I’ve never tried them. It would cut down the need for so many of the blasted things! :p

Carole – That iClimb actually sounds like fun! Short but fun. Posting at the same time I see! So glad to hear Betty is coming home. My DS drives me batty sometimes, too. She's "perfect". She has the perfect DH, the perfect kids, the perfect house, the perfect friends... And when I visit her, she goes out of her way to make sure I have the "perfect" time - meaning every second is planned to the nanosecond. No time just to sit and relax and see how life is for each other. She thinks I should be exactly like her - and honestly that thought scares the heck out of me. Aren't relatives fun? :p Yours sounds like fun, too. Hope your DBIL is feeling better!

Jackie – Good job getting in a run when your legs were sore! I have no idea where these aches and pains come from! I think getting older sucks! Lol I’m still not 100% but I’m getting there.

Gloria – Oooh, I love Irish Setters – they are stunning. I do HATE what the AKC is doing to the breeds. Aussies are becoming ornamental dogs with heavy, heavy coats and heavier bones in the males and BIGGER (I saw a 100 pound Aussie the other day – amazing!). Jimmy is closer to the original breed standard. Sounds like you baby is a beautiful dog. 40 pounds is a good weight. I saw an Irish Setter at the dog park that had to have been 90 pounds – his head came up to my hip, and I’m 5’10! Huge dog. And spazzy. I know two dogs are harder than one, but I think all dogs are happier with another dog. Everyone was laughing at my spoiled boy – we left him alone for the first time ever (we have another dog, a 14 yo American Eskimo, Kimo – another sweetie who was at the vet), and a neighbor called to say that Jim was pacing around crying, looking for someone, anyone, to be with him. I finally brought him in to work. :p

Wendi – Oh man, another Cheetah with tummy issues!!! I hope you’re feeling better soon! I love that line from “The Devil Wears Prada”. No word on the budget cuts. We’ll see what happens.

Well, I have a little dilemma – I just got two new videos in trade – CIA’s Tapless and Latin Xplosion (figured I’d try them, why not?). But now I don’t know what to do! I actually want to do some step that I don’t have to think TOO much about. Might do ASJ or ASC2 instead. We’ll see. Wouldn’t mind another go around of RSS, either. I love that one. I’ll let you know what I decided. Have a great day all!

Hi Cheetah Friends-

This will be a semi drive by post.

Carole- I am sorry about your friends Mother and am relieved to read she in on the mend. Geesh, I can't believe your Dsis reacted so strangely to her own DH. Well I had an exSIL who behaved in a similar fashion. TG my DBrother smartened up and got a divorce!

Wendy- I am sending vibes for an easy last hour of work. To answer your question from the other day. We have one of those simple portable fire pits. There is something about staring into a fire outside!

Dallas- The owl incident is scary! I hope the dog makes it. We are in a wooded area too with some coyotes. They are my biggest fear with my cats.

Well yesterday was super busy so I didn't check in. But I did get my NR WO done and I added Bosu Blast from the double cardio DVD. Today my calves are sore, probably from he BOSU. This morning I did a 5 mile run and tried to keep a bit faster pace. I managed to average 9:30/mile. I'll take that. I used a route with rolling hills but not steep inclines.

HI to Cathy, Wendi, Shelli, Posh, Christine, Kath and welcome Gloria!

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

Good morning to all the fab cheetahs Had a great time yesterday with HLK and have definitely mastered all the moves! Love the knockout portions The EXT portion in the afternoon really did me in so I nixed doing any upperbody work after supper and just read
Got alot done yesterday-- major decluttering!! I've also started packing the kitchen.. now it's really getting serious!!!

Wendy- Ah poor sweetie... what a yucky way to start out your day
crossing my fingers that you can get in a nice restorative nap.

Wendi- hey... if you run with other cheetahs that would definitely take care of the boredom factor! Okay... get your fingers out of your ears now and stop singing I know you can hear me!
Ill bet your azaleas are pretty. I really look forward to gardening again once we are resettled. Here in the high desert of Az it is so difficult to grow anything!

Linda- Moving is most definitely one of the MAJOR pains of life!!!
One nice thing tho is that it has definitely given me the motivation for some major decluttering. I've even thrown out stuff we have toted with us on many moves. I'm being ruthless this time!!! I've always stuck with Hal Higdon for my training except once. I'll be curious to hear about the one your friend has.

Kath- How nice that the weather has gotten nice enough for you to get in a good trail run! I love running trails myself... much more interesting.... not to mention challenging! Sorry your DH is going thru a rough patch... hopefully things will smooth out soon

Gloria- Gone thru a few injuries myself and can understand your fear with the marathon training. Hey, do you have a back up marathon plan in case you don't get a slot in NYC? Don't blame you at all for sticking with the iTreads during the winter. I use them alot myself.... certified cold weather weenie here!

Carole- Nice circuit workout yesterday with the JS! Saw your post to Cathy yesterday re: perfed bowels.. it is actually not an uncommon medical emergency and since there is often a danger of sepsis they frequently land in the ICU so I'm quite familiar with it. The causes are multifactoral. frequently a ruptured diverticulum(a small "pouch" that develops in the intestine in some people), or
adhesions (scars from previous surgeries) or severe constipation even. I know.... too much information!!! LOL... can't help it!

Cathy- I think running as a cheetah pack in the B2B race would be a blast. Here's an example of a costume I found easily
http://www.costumesinc.com/p7964/Ch...ses-Tails-Accessories-Make-up-Categories.html. I guess tho that cheetahs don't really run in packs... oh well!

Jackie- The kitchen was actually the LAST room I really haven't tackled yet with packing and I still have 2 weeks til the big day so I'm well on schedule... pretty proud of myself for that! How is your move going?

Dallas- Awesome job on your run and GSL!!! Hey, when I GTG with cheetahs for any race I always just run with the "pack". The companionship and support is more important than trying for a PR!!
And I'm definitely slowing down anyway... I am 51 now!

I think that about catches me up now. Gotta get out there for a run.
I'll be heading round the "block" for a hilly 7-8 mile run. Later today I'm thinking I'll be doing LIC upperbody circuit.

ShellyC

Okay--- I am having some major SENIOR moments here... I just realized I posted on YESTERDAYS thread....:p :p :p :p Okay, I'll try again!

ShellyC

Okay, a few more personals to tack on... now that I'm on the right day!!!!:p :p :p :p

Posh- I really feel your pain re: gas prices!!! Never understood really why SUVs get such a bashing when large pickups, high performance sports cars, etc get just as poor if not worse gas mileage. I'm thinking I may start using my motorcycle for commuting to work!! B2B would be fun and I'm hoping it will be possible for me.

Christine- Ah... so many workouts so little time! Have a great time now matter which one you choose!

Judy- Nice hill run!! Gotta go out now and do my own
:7

ShellyC

Hey ladies,

soooo sorry i've been MIA for a little bit.
You ladies are so wonderful to think about me in my absence. i just heart you all:D

well i have been in some sort of funk for the last couple of weeks and was just able to shake it today:-( . it seems as i get older TTOM just wreaks havoc on my body and gives me a case of the downers. where the littlest things that woundn't normally bother me gets on my nerves.

well today i wound up taking a metabolic effect class this morning (was supposed to teach but there was a mistake with scheduling) and it gave me the jolt that i needed. followed by itread 4/20 mins on my brand new treadmill! so here I am.

I've also been so busy working on my website i will PM you the link once it's up and running. I am very excited about it!!

for all of you wii'ers- wii fit is on pre-sale at amazon.com.

christine- the latest oxygen mag has a KB workout!

dallas- thanks for checking in on me:D

also, no longer doing nwolw (i will get it to though). i just can't seem to stick to one rotation very long. always want to do something else. so i've been doing my tt workouts along with a heavy lifting day. which has been making me much happier!

i will catch up with you all later. just wanted to let you know i am still alive and kickin':p

Oh boy. Today has been one of those days. I have several customer issues that are not being handled by our support department very well. I also have a couple of just really kooky customers asking for me to give them the sun and the moon. And as my company really is a start up, I have issues that I’ve never encountered before when working for bigger companies (like wrong verbiage in contracts!?!). So, I’m being challenged. But, hey, at least it’s not a slow day! That’s even worse! I ended up doing Rock Steady Step – I’ve gotten it down mostly (except I did fall off the step once, but managed to catch myself), and it’s simply a fun, fun workout. I needed that today.

Judy – Good job running a faster pace with sore calves! Sounds like a great workout yesterday, too!

Shelly – busy Cheetah! Glad you had such a great time with HLK – that one is a fun one! Uh oh! Packing the kitchen IS serious! Wow! You’re getting close. I have two brand new workouts and one I only did one combination on, and what do I pick? The one I knew. I just had no patience to learn a workout this morning, but I did watch parts of Tap Less Step More, and it actually looks fun. She has some weird names for moves, but I think I could manage.

SUNNY!!!! Glad to have you back sweetie! You’re describing exactly why I moved to the 3 month straight birth control pills. I had no motivation, except to yell at anyone and everyone insight for 2 weeks out of the month. I had to do something. This worked for me – not the choice for everyone, I know. Glad the ME class was able to pull you out of your funk! I have a friend trying to get me into CrossFit. Not sure about that yet. Oh how fun! Your own website. So cool!

Well, best get back to dealing with my wackos, er ah customers. Have a great day all!

Sunny- whew! I am glad you are back. Please check in when you feel like it and know we all struggle from time to time. I am sorry you are not doing NROL. I would like a buddy to compare it with. I have 8 workouts done so far. My issue is that my main goal is to lean out and maintain muscle mass with age. Not sure if NROL will meet my goals, of course if I stick to the recommended number of calories, I might do better!

It is funny I have been feeling a bit agitated lately too. I am disappointed in my little pouch of perimenopausel abdominal fat that is stubborn. But I am trying to be more disciplined with sparkpeople for journaling my food intake to see where I go astry.

Shelly- have a fun run around THE BLOCK! When you are packing the kitchen it really serious! Kudos to you for chucking the junk!

Christine- I hear ya with the SUVs. We have a Cadillac SRX out of necessity. It is quite a bit smaller than the true SUV's but still only gets 18-21 mpg. I often use our little teenager car (28 mpg) when I can get my hands on it.

Speaking of teens I need to pick one up now! Ta Ta friends
[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

Hi Girls.

I only have a quick second for a fly-by. When I got home from work I made DS and myself lunch and off to bed he went immediately after eating. I was lying down by 1:30 myself and didn't get up until 2:45. I PASSED OUT! LOL

I just chugged a cup of java and am going to do a BBC weights section now. I originally planned to do cardio with it but I just won't have the time right now and after DH gets home we are going tv and laptop shopping so I won't have time later on either. I'm not worried, just happy to be getting SOMETHING in!

BBL!:)

HI Cheetahs!

I just wanted to let you know that my neighbor's dog is A-OK. DD's friend was telling us at the bus stop. Such a relief, but she said those owls were flying around their backyard y-day. :eek: Didn't know there was more than one. Yikes!! :eek:

I had to zoom out of here today, but I did get my w/o's done. I did S&A and couldn't quite convince myself to do ARX, so I did CM - tough core premix. I then did half of ITR. That's all I had time for this morn. I was hoping to do the other half, but not likely. We have a soccer game and DS has practice, of course, in opposite directions. I hate when I can't be at all the games. x(

The bus will be here soon. Once I get them started on homework, I'll try and come back for some personals. :)

Afternoon Girls :) :)

I was able to do circuits at the gym . I used Coremax and the machines at the gym for my abs. I then did some SUPER sets for triceps.

I'll try to catch up on some personals now :)

Wendi: I don't know why I thought you were the one with the garmin. I probably got confused :) I do what you do ---kinda find a route and stick to it. One that doesn't have heavy traffic and no dogs :)

Wendy: How did the day go? I hate when I can't sleep. Doesn't happen often-more os when DH is snoring. I end up on the couch cause there is no waking him when he is like that.

Thomasina: I feel your pain. Gas is so expensive.

Judy: How's the weather in your part of NY? Do you play in a golf league?

Christine: Kooky customers huh? Does my MIL shop there? }(

I started this 30minutes ago and DH interupted me. He so needs to start golfing LOL. I'll check back to se if I miss anyone.

Hi to ShellyC & Cathy & Sunny

I'm back.

Arms and Abs is done but I didn't do it all. I stopped after the ab work, omitting the last few tricep exercises. My tris were SCREAMIN' so loud that I didn't think I could go on. He works the tri's ALOT....a heck of alot more then the biceps. YIKES!:eek:

Afternoon, cheetahs!

Wendy ~ flying out west for just a weekend is tough for me, too, on account of school, but I hope to make it work. That race just looks too fun…But I’d love for us to fit in a VT ski weekend, too!...Glad you caught up on zzz’s. How’re you feeling?

Carole ~ Yeah, I completely agree—I understand the big families with SUVs and did NOT intend to offend anyone here! Heck, my dad drives a gas guzzler and I’ve teased him about it a time or two when the subject came up…I realize now I totally misunderstood what your DS said to your BIL the other day. I’m glad Betty is recovering at home.

Christine ~ hey, that’s not a bad idea…sounds more fair…yep, I think that’s true about the male prospects…I think they usually think I am younger than I am, so I better work that angle while it lasts. :) Hope you enjoyed your workout…sorry about the weird customer issues.

Judy ~ those fire pits look so cool…great pace on your hilly run today!...I had a rude awakening at the scales this morning, so I am back to journaling as well.

Shelly ~ thanks for the info on the perf…I am always interested in medical stuff, so it wasn’t TMI, IMO. :)…that would be cute to wear in a race…hope I didn’t step on your toes with my opinions…you are absolutely right—trucks and sports cars fall into that group, too. I just think we (as Americans) need a bit of a mind shift. Bigger is not always better for everyone.

SUNNY!!!!! ~ so glad to see you…and that today’s workout knocked out the funk for ya…IA with Christine that the BC keeps the hormones in check for me…although I’ve screwed up the past two weeks and am feelin’ a little “off.” Meowwww! *lol*…can’t wait to see your site!...I did pre-order the WiiFit last week. :)

Dallas ~ glad the dog is OK after the attack…busy day for you!

Hi Kath!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Hola Cheetahs!

I just finished my lesson plans and writing up a quiz so now is my time to catch up.

Posh: Thanks for the welcome! My DH has a Toyota Landcruiser and it eats the gas. I have a Subaru wagon, so when we go places on the weekend we take my car. We live 15 minutes from town and it gets expensive. I spent $60 at the grocery store and we still don't have enough to eat. Had to buy the essential dog food and toilet paper kind of stuff. x(

Cathy: How exciting you are running in Chicago! I was born there. We left when I was only 2, but I have been there several times and even got to see where my parents use to live in the city. The Chicago O'hare airport is easily navigated. Enjoy the 4DS. Honestly, I haven't done them a whole lot.

Wendy: Sorry about your insomnia. You did a great workout though! I on the other hand, did not. Just too tired.

Carole: I was never into any team sports in school. I was a band and choir nerd. I always just worked out in my class at school and then again after I got home. I started out using vhs. I bought my friend gym style legs for her birthday and she really likes it. I got her hooked on Cathe. Now she is on the website all the time. She is my only local friend who is into fitness. I live in a small community.

Christine: How did you come up with the name Kimo? It took us a few days to figure out a name for Ellie. She is beautiful and graceful, so Ellie it was! I spoil my dog, and am convinced you do too, but my friend has got the award. She has two Goldens. Every day after they eat dinner, she puts the leftovers on plates for them and they eat off of the plates! I know what it's like to work with people who are incompetent. I was a waitress this last summer and I couldn't wait to get back to school. Children are much easier for me to deal with.

Judy: Thanks for the welcome! It looks as if we run at around the same pace. I have been running 4-6 miles on my runs. I am in the lottery for the NYC marathon in June and will find out if I am in in mid June.

Shelly: You really kick butt with your workouts! You must be ultra fit! Did you ever consider an ironman or an ultra? No, I do not have plans for another marathon if I don't make NYC lottery. I was going to sign up for Chicago, but changed my mind. I have already been there. When I do the marathon I want it to be special and in a place that I have never been. I would like to do Minneapolis/St.Paul. Do you know when that one is? I heard that the city was way cool. Plus, local flights would be cheap for me being a Michigander. I am a cold weather weenie too. I should have been out skiing or snowhoeing, as I have the equipment, but I just don't like being cold. I'm really sensitive to it.

Sunny: Sorry you were having a few bad days. Glad to hear your spirits are up! I am new here and posted who I am on the thread a few days ago.

Dallas: Do your kids get a lot of homework? I try not to give a lot of homework and I don't give any on Friday. Our math program is a lot different than the way my parents and I learned it, so it can be counterproductive because the parents get frustrated.

Kath: Hi. I am a new Cheetah. I posted about myself a few days ago. I HATE when my workout is interrupted!

Well, you can call me sloth cheetah today. I worked out really hard last week and I just felt tired this morning and couldn't muster the strength. Today will be my rest day and I will tackle something tomorrow morning. I'm trying not to feel too guilty about it. How do you determine if your listening to your body or just being lazy? Oh well.

P.S. For all those who like hummus, I have a really good Cooking Light recipe if you want it. I made and ate that this morning instead of my workout.

Have a good one ladies!

Cathy: The ski weekend should definately be doable this winter. That's top priority for me! After being so excited to go back after my first try last season, DH KNOWS better then to try and stop me!}( 'Sides, now that I got the gear purchases out of the way, the trip won't be nearly as costly. :) I am not counting B2B out by any means...just being realistic about it. I'll have to see what happens. If money and time allow me to make the trip then perhaps we could fly out together. I'd hate to fly that far alone. I think I'd lose my mind on a plane for all of that time by myself!:eek:

Gloria ~ I love the 4DS weight work, especially. We sound like we have very similar teaching philosophies...IA with you on wanting the 1st marathon to be special in terms of locale. I've not yet been to Chicago and have wanted to visit, so that was a factor--as was the fact that it is known as a great mary for first-timers, the time of year, short flight, etc.

Wendy ~ flying out together would be good, if we can make it happen. It's surely not a definite for me, either. Depends on airfare, hotel rates, and travel times. But skiing--that's a definite!!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.