CHEETAHS: Roll Call Wednesday

LauraR

Cathlete
Wendy--Sounds like you had a killer workout yesterday . . . lower, upper, and cardio! Wow girl. What is BBC? I've been running through my list of Cathe vids and figure it must be a non-Cathe workout.

Brighton--Glad the stair ideas seemed helpful. Glad for some relief in the ITB pain but sorry, sorry for the knee! Stay safe in all the snow.

Judy--Good job for you, keeping on with the 1RM tests! And good job on the push-ups. I sprained my wrist last spring and had to lay off of upper body work for a while. I had a happy excuse not to do push-ups for a while. But oh, man, getting back into them once I healed was death!!

My leg continues to heal. It does hurt some, but it's more like a DOMS kind of pain and not so much like a sharp injury pain. Last week I tried cautious cardio and this week, at least up to now, I've decided to just lay off.

Wendy and Brighton--Thanks for holding down the den!

Wendy--You don't have to start the thread today! :)

And yes, Wendy, I will confirm that it is HOT here in Africa and there are no hibernating Cheetahs. :p

LMAO, Laura! I totally forgot that you truly DO live in Africa when I posted that! :D:D:D BBC is Barry's Boot Camp, btw.

Brighton: So didja roast the upper body y'day or what, girl? ;)

Judy: Great work out y'day. So how many push up ARE there in STS disc 1 anyway? Did you count? :eek: Oh and btw, nope, not taking roll call. There are so few of us around these days that roll call is not neccessary. *sigh*

Today's work out will be Squeeze LBC, BBC standing abs, inner thigh work and Centergy class.

I have some lovely DOMS in my calves from BBC cardio y'day. I'm not surprised in the least! ;)

Have a wonderful day all!

Wendy--Too funny about forgetting I'm in Africa. :p

I've heard of BBC. I haven't launched out much into non-Cathe workouts because it seemed like everything that I tried was just a disappointment. I'm feeling like this Cheetah thread is a good place to get recommendations because everyone here is a serious exerciser. I know there ARE other good things out there. But I'm the kind of person that needs a recommendation before just launching out. I've had so many disappointing workouts with the new FIRMS where I started out and after a few minutes just pulled out the DVD and started over with Cathe!!

Good morning Cheetahs!

Wendy - Good job with that workout yesterday. Thanks for the info on Cheetahs! :p Always depend on BBC for some DOMS and some eye candy. ;)

Judy - How many push ups in STS? You know Cathe loves those push ups.

Brighton - Have you seen a doctor about your knee? Sure hope it starts improving.

Laura - Good idea to give the leg more time to heal. So, is the half out altogether? Watch out for those missing Cheetahs! :D

Yesterday's workout was iTread #9 60 minutes and a 20 minute yoga workout. I was toast after that run too. Got in 6.7 miles in 62 minutes. Today was Push Circuit #2 and Extreme abs. I'm still feeling it.

Happy Hump Day!

:D:D:D Wow! Party in the den today!!!!!! :D:D:D

party0023.gif

Yay! I can't remember the last time we had this many posts this early in the day! ;):)

Well, things feel much better today, so maybe it was just a minor kickboxing tweak. :rolleyes: I still think I'm going to steer clear of anything high impact for the rest of the week to be safe. Might try a test run on Monday. Today I have some EXT and legs (floorwork) on the agenda.

Jackie: I haven't been to a doctor in the technical sense, but I've had my friend who is a physical therapist take a look at it. He's a well-known trainer at a local university, so I trust his opinion. And it saves me a few bucks too! ;) Thanks for the well wishes, I sure think things are getting better... just not as fast as I would like! :rolleyes: Whew! Fast run, Speedy Cheetah! :D LOL about BBC eye candy! :)

Wendy: Nah, I didn't end up getting the UB in yesterday... :eek: I was so wiped by mid-afternoon-- just decided to stretch & ice. It was a long day. I do have UB on the schedule tomorrow, though-- so I'll let you know how it goes!!!!!!!!! :D

Laura: I am so glad to hear that the ITB is healing!!! :D:D:D Yay! I really think things are getting better here as well. So I'm really trying to be patient and not rush things. Seems like I get to this point and then I set myself back again. So I'm waiting until at least Monday before I even think about the TM. I hear you about non-Cathe workouts... I was a Firmie too, so I share the same frustration. I'm slowly but steadily branching out my collection though.

Hope everyone has a terrific day!

Heigh-dee-ho to all who follow!
:D

Brighton--Yes!! I just wept when the FIRM changed hands!! I love, love, love the old workouts, but now I have a hard time doing even those because they're so dated. I wish they'd come out with NEW stuff that was like the OLD stuff. Sigh. I'm just so glad I found Cathe before they changed! But now we're both branching out, huh?. What "others" do you have? I'll be interested to see how I like P90X here in a few weeks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.