:::CHEETAHS:::Rackin' up the miles Saturday!

gwd

Cathlete
Good morning ladies!

Ugh, *another* fly by...so sorry!!!! Yesterday's class and mini- GTG was wonderful...will post details when I get home from work tonight. It meant so much to me to finally meet a couple of the Cheetahs face to face:D:D.

Cathy - Thanks again dahhhhhhhhling...you're the bestest!!!! Have a great run today! Hope LD had a good time last night:p.

Sorry this is so short (and vague) but I've got a little computer work to do then I've really got to find the butt glue remover. WAAAAAAHHHHH, I don't want to go to work:mad::mad:! Have a wonderful day ladies!

Good morning, cheetahs!
th_happy-038.gif
th_happy-038.gif
th_happy-038.gif

Today will be my long run (15-16), and luckily, humidity remains low, so there's no rush to beat the heat. As the Weather Channel meteorologist just said, "As you head out there to do that morning jog...the comfort level should be better than it has been." Morning jog--ha!

Had a great time @ the pre-RT festivities yesterday, seeing Wendy again and meeting Wendi, Diana and Angie from the CABs thread. The flights were each a few minutes early, the bags came off quickly, and we were out early enough to miss the major shore traffic, even managing to beat Wendy to the hotel. Met the super-friendly Catherine (fitfairy) and Liann in the hotel lobby, chatting for a bit as other RT'ers wandered in. Then on the way to carrying Wendy's bags to her room, we met Wendi (the tiniest thing ever besides Wendy) and then ran into Lorie (the other tiniest thing ever besides Wendi and Wendy - *lol* - I think that's a different set of Wonder Triplets altogether!) and chatted with her for a few minutes. Lorie and crew opted to take the bus over to the gym, and the five of us went over to Applebee's for a bite to eat. I can't say enough about how NICE everyone is. And fun. Here's a photo taken when we dropped the 3 RT'ers at the gym. I hesitate to post it because I feel like Jabba the Hut sandwiched in between the Wendi/y's *lol*, but well, I'll get over it.

017-1.jpg

L-R: Wendi, me, Wendy, Diana, Angie

Wendi :: LD :) :) :) It was sooo great to meet you yesterday and hang for a bit. Hope today isn't too painful at the office!

Have a terrific day, everyone!

Good morning cheetahs

Wendi...it will be great to hear about the mini GTG yesterday!!

Cathy... great pic of you ladies!! Sounds like you all had a good time. I remember from last year, it is so fun connecting!! I will have to check the stats on the Smart Balance. I found Roasted Almonds also have Omega 6 and I have some. I ended up with a B in Omega 6 yesterday so much better than an F! I had great grades yesterday 3.86, I am thinking that might be the highest I will go! Got a B in sodium as I was a bit over. And no I don't have any timeout issues with the nutrition software. My sister joined last night so she could use the nutrition software! Good luck on the long run today. Glad to hear the weather will cooperate a tad...:D..let us know how it goes.

Wendy...this Smart Balance has omega 3 and Omega 6! Hope you are having a great time on the RT!

Jackie...I love using the weighted gloves too. I have that Baron Core yoga and use it a lot!

Linda...looks like you found the smileys!...:D:p;):)

I will be doing a KPC/L&G premix today instead of KenpoX+.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning Cheetahs!

Linda - Glad you found the smileys!

Wendi - Hope you can keep your mind on work after the Cheetah GTG yesterday. You look gaugeous darling!

Cathy - Hope you had a good run this morning. The temp was really nice out. Thanks for sharing the pic of the GTG. It's nice to put a face with the names. All of you ladies look great! Know that had to be lots of fun. Hope you have more to share with us.

Carole - After listening to you ladies talk about Smart Balance, I checked it out. Had to decide what I want to give up for the calories. Couldn't think of anything. So, I left it at the store. I use eggs with Omega 3, eat fish and love eating nuts for my good fats. When I finally decide to give up seafood and eggs, I'll have to rethink. I can't seem to keep my protein up without the fish. Trying to work on that. Found another website with lots of vegetarian recipes. That will help a lot. Want to change up some foods. Enjoy KPC/L&G!

I got in a 5 mile run outside this morning. The temp was really nice and I had a good run. Came back inside and ran 2 more miles on the TM and did Cathe's basic stretch. Saw my neighbor while I was out and we chatted for a minute. He's a marathon runner too and suggested that maybe we could run together sometimes. That would be nice and I would venture further out of the neigborhood to get in more miles. He said he could only go on Saturday and Sunday because he has 2 little ones and another one on the way. Told him Saturday would be the only day for me. Hope it works out because I need some new motivation and a good push for my running.

Hope everyone has a sensational Saturday! I'll be watching some of the Olympics today. The opening ceremony was really nice.

Last edited:
make way for the walking dead

Oh my goodness...*lol*...Thought for the day: how do people run marathons?? And WHY???

Tough 16 today. The first 10-11 always seem to be decent, but after that...well...I start fantasizing about root canals and bamboo shoots under my fingernails. *lol* As per the past few long long runs, I needed to up my walk breaks near the end. I just didn't have the gas to make it up some of those hills. Toward the end, I started feeling like Chevy Chase, weaving through the desert in Fletch. BUT I made it.

I discovered some new places that could get chafed.

I won't list what-all ached. Suffice to say, everything. *lol*

And I was covered in a layer of salt like I have never seen before. Had I had some limes and some Patron, I'm imagining it would have been a merrier run.

That's my story.

faintthud.gif

I'm cleaned up now and the first thing I did was make a call to the salon. Hot stone massage for me tomorrow afternoon, baby! YEAH!

Carole :: Wow on the 3.86. I have not gotten above 3.6. I'm still fiddling with how many calories to take in. I think I'd better shoot for the lower end. I figured about how many calories WW was letting me have when that was working for me, and it kinda matches up with the low end of what the software suggests...Interesting that you are not getting timed out...Ooh, KPC/L&G -- good stuff!

Jackie :: That was the only photo taken with my camera, but I imagine the girls will have more to share...Smiling about you leaving the Smart Balance at the store...That would be cool to run with your neighbor. Is he working on you to run a full mary?...Enjoy watching the Olympics. I am normally interested, but I haven't caught too much of it so far.

Well, it looks like it will be a quiet day here. Hope everyone is off enjoying this Saturday to the fullest.

I will be resting my weary bones for a bit and then later, it's off to another BBQ. I will feel NO GUILT about some indulging. I burned 1800 calories.

Hi Cheetahs!

Carole: Re: Dh knowing a lot about training. . . he likes to think he knows a lot about everything! LOL! Really though, everything is in that book I spoke of a few days ago. Sounds like a good workout for you today! I have never done any of the premixes on that one. Guess I should give it a go sometime.

Cathy: Our secretaries have to have a special training in order to dispense meds. They are top notch ladies. The custodial staff not so much, but I am very appreciative and respectful to them regardless. It certainly is not an easy job. Congrats on getting in 16 miles!!! YIPEE! I would think that distance would never be easy to complete. I bet you are tired. You deserve that massage and a nice time at the bbq tonight! :) By the way, you are all very beautiful ladies in that pic!!! You had me crackin' up over the Chevy Chase remark! Reminded me of National Lampoon's Vacation!

Jackie: I do need the luck teaching Pip, thanks! ;) She is a very different dog than Ellie was as a pup. How nice to have a running friend to boost the motivation. It has worked for me in the past. Enjoy the Olympics today!!!

Linda: I forgot when you are leaving for vacation. Are you flying or driving?

Wendi: I am so glad you had fun yesterday!

Sorry for not checking in yesterday. I was crabby since things were not going my way yesterday and I didn't want to bring any negative vibes into the thread. I have been riding my bike the last two days. Not sure how far, but I went 40 min. one day and 57 the next. I will be running today very soon. It is cool here, which is nice. I wish I was going on the RT! It looks so fun. I might try to go next year if I am not crippled after running my first marathon! LOL! :) Have a great day ladies. :)

Hi there Cheetahs I'm back. First and foremost I got news on my mom

She does have a small amount of bone cancer ( I hate even saying the word) in her back ( the T2 and T3 vertebrate). However the best most possible news we could have gotten was that it is in the very earliest stage it could have been caught at. Her getting the kidney stones was a blessing in disguise and may have saved her life. She also has a cyst in her pancreas that they are pretty sure IS NOT cancer but she has to go get a second opinion with her breast doctor who did her mastectomy. She will more than likely get a biopsy to be on the safe side but they did say they are confident that it is not cancer. I can't tell you how good it feels to know how divine intervention has occurred for my mom. A year from now it could have been devasting. We all know how lucky we are right now. We are counting our blessings that we caught it early. They did say this is from the breast cancer from 7 years ago that has metastasized in another area. She is undergoing some type of vitamin cocktail and drug IV's not chemo for the bone cancer. They are going to kill the cancer and strengthen her bone at the same time. They are sure they can get the cancer however she will need treatments and will get a bone scan from now on. We got the news on Wed from all the doctors on the case including the doctor who did her PET scan. I almost wanted to cry not that I didn't cry enough. They were confident they got it early but will always need to be watched from this point on. I'm just so happy that we know what it is and have a promising plan in place.

Next my vacation was great. I ran eveyday. It is amazing how running on the beach and boardwalk can make you think about all kinds of stuff and put life into prespective. I ran 10 miles one day and 5 miles all other days I was there. Today is a much needed rest day expect for laundry and laundry and more laundry. Did I mention food shopping too. I should be back Monday with personals. I missed all of you.

One more thing i realized. I don't get headaches from running. I alwys get headachs after my long run and speed intervals. Well I ran 10 miles on Monday and no headache. I figured out why. I DIDN'T RUN AS FAST. Usually my runs are on the treadmill and I try to keep pace. Well, down the ocean I just ran to run. No headaches any of the days. I think I was jsut pushing to hard. And WHY!!! I don't know ,but it sure feels good to run for pleasue and not for speed somtimes. Sure it's nice to have a PR but what I learned was I love to run just to run.

Anyway, thanks to all of you for the support and friendship I recieved from all of you over the past few weeks with my mom. You really were a shoulder to cry on and I apprecited the love I felt over the forum from each and eveyone of you. Karen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.