::: CHEETAHS ::: Posh, scary, & otherwise - Wed.

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetah babes! :) :) :)

Lorie :: thanks for posting those recipes...they look great!...The Yahoo group sounds good. I'm down for it.

Thomasina :: Woo-hoo! I've got my jam "I'm Free" (Soupdragons version) playin' in my head now!! Good idea to take it on Saturday rather than Sunday. Guess you can be flexible about it when you need to. Love the new posh siggy! :7

Jackie :: I did NONE of my grading! *lol* Will try to plow through much of it during prep and lunch today...hope the tornados weren't near you yesterday.

Wendi :: I would probably opt for 4DS KB/BC...Smiled b/c I'm not fond of rear delt flyes, either, and I usually chuckle when Cathe says that...enjoy your day off!

I will be doing 20 min. HIIT on the EXT shortly. I think one of the shorter iClimbs I have would qualify as HIIT, but I'm not sure how it matches up with the BFL plan, so I'm going to fly solo (with my tunes) and go by-the-book for this one.

Have a fantastic day, everyone! BBL...

Morning Cheetahs!

Lorie - OH YUMMY :9!!! Will definitely be trying to adapt most of those to the stove top...THANK YOU!

Thomasina - You crack me up girl!!!

Cathy - Thanks for the suggestion! In fact I just popped it in and now have to get my tuchus in gear. Have fun on your EXT!

Time to get sweaty!

okay, NO FAIR!!!x( i want a cool name too! unfortunately, i don't think i want to be scary cheetah. not baby cheetah either. gosh, i can't even remember the spice girl's names (maybe that's a good thing?). i guess i could be sporty cheetah, but i don't think i'm that sporty. wah, i want a nickname (daddy, i want a goose that lays golden eggs...daddy, i want it NOW!).

okay, so the yahoo group name is "cathecheetahs." if you go to yahoo, then click on "groups" and do a search for the group, you can apply to join (i did this so it will only be for people we know...otherwise if i left it "open" it could be a lot of spammers, etc.). just apply to join and i will approve you. cathy, once you join, i'm going to make you a co-moderator, okay? it helps to have two. i have set is so anyone can add files, pictures, etc. there will also be one email for all group members. it's [email protected] only members can email, so that's good. more, i am thinking we can use it for the files and databases.

okay you cheetahs...come on and join!!!

i am trying to decide what w/o to do today. since i did cardio yesterday, i should just do weights today (still trying to rest that hip/piriformis...darn!x( ). i am thining gym styles or all the upper body from 4DS.

anyway, i need to get moving. bbl.

okay, i'm not gonna nag (well, i might), but don't forget the yahoo group!!!

kishies!

G'morning!

cathy- enjoy your workout today!

wendi- have fun getting sweaty:D

lori- i am down with the yahoo group. thanks for setting it up!

thomasina- no i am not doing BFL. i am doing turbulence training www.ttmembers.com.

ok, off to do isprints 30 mins. later after work i will do my TT workout of the day and a BBC cardio (i am thinking barry's}( }( )

ttyl...:)

Good Morning Spice Girl Cheetahs!:) :) :) I think I will be Heidi Klum Cheetah!:) :)

Im just getting ready to go home. I was busy up until 1:30 and then I lay down for a nap. When my coworker came in, I thought it was around 4 ish but it was almost 7!:eek: So I had a good nap, didn't stir. Just wondering how lazy I will be in a few minutes. I already told the sitter that if DS is still running a temp he won't be there today.
Im looking at getting the Reebok 3500C treadmill. Looks like a nice sturdy TM.
Also, the jeep that we ordered should be arriving today!:) I finally get to take back the loaner van I have and get some wheels of my own:)

Todays workout is gonna be GS S&B,abs and some form of cardio!

Have a good day everyone!
Lori:)

OK, workout done! HIIT sure does leave ya feeling totally spanked!

Wendi :: hope you had a great w/out!

Lorie (or should we call you Veruca?) :: *lol*...I couldn't think of the other Spice Girl names, either...and I think that's a good thing! :) Hmmm, we'll have to come up w/ some cute nicknames.

Sunny :: enjoy your w/out! Can the iSprints be used on an EXT, too?

Lori :: that's always nice when it's later than you think (when you're at work)! New wheels and a new TM sounds great!

OK, off to shower and hit the road. Ponytail day, for sure.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skiing.gif

Good Day Cheetahs-

A loud and rain storm went by at 5:00 and woke us up. I found Waldo in my dinning resting comfortably :) So I gave him and all the kitties treats.

Cathy- Good going on gettin HIIT in so early!

Lori- I would be cautious about that TM, there is a comment about Reebok TM's being not so great. Can you get a True brand TM in your area? We have had one since 1999 and we use it daily.

Lorie- I "applied' to join the yahoo group. Thanks for starting it.

Good Morning Wendi & Sunny :)

Lorie- Thanks for the recipes. I will be trying the oatmeal one for sure. I wish I could get my family to eat more beans. x( :eek: ;)

This morning will be some UB (minus chest after yesterday's push up bonanza) and abs on BOSU followed by 30" or 3 mile run. It is supposed to be steady and easy, but I might be in the mood for trying a 30 minute iTread...

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

cathy- yes, you could use the isprints on the EXT.

judy- good morning...i definitely think this morning calls for a 30 min itread;)

wendy- are you still training your BF and pal?

thomasina- i think i will be scary spice as to me she always had/has the best body!

Morning Cheetahs!

Sorry I didn't get back here last night. I stayed around BF's bs'ing with her until after 10:30 so when I got home I had to hit the sheets right away.

I did the lower body work with BF and her friend when I was training them last night and have some DOMS from it! They had better be sore too! LOL

BF gave me a thank you gift for training her and helping her with food, etc. (she's down 25 pounds so far.) It's a beautiful bracelet I had eyed up during a jewelery party her sister had back in the summer. I wrote down the info for DH for a Christmas idea but he didn't use it so she bought it for me. It was such a sweet gesture. I felt bad taking it. It's not like I train her for free! I only take a fraction of what a trainer normally makes but our sessions are very informal and it's not all about the money for me.

Alrighty...I'm done babbling for now.

BBL!:)

Good morning all!

Today is my first presentation. Ick. Yesterday was all sitting in a conference room listening to people yack. It really was not too bad, though, and I survived the lunch and especially the cookies! Did not even have one, when they looked simply devine (and about 300 calories each!).

I have a scheduled rest day today, and I'm going to use it!

A few quick personals ... I promise I'll be back in "normal" mode on Friday...

Carole - I'm SOOO happy it's not a stress fracture! That's great news! Hope the pain goes away soon!

Shelly - I don't think I ever heard ANYONE talk about the premixes on the ASCII. I was simply amazed. I've been wanting to try Slo Mo - now I can! I'm very excited.

Sunny - I never got your email! Can you resent - [email protected]. Thanks!

Hi to everyone!! Gotta go practice!

Last night I did itread 11 40 minutes. It is a good workout. However my mp3 player turned off after 30 minutes. Unfortunately, it is programmed that way. It frustrates me to no end. Today I will be buying a new mp3 player because I don’t want to have to deal with this during my long runs. The good news is I got in a 4 mile run last night nonetheless.

Anyway, today will be Bosu abs & another 4 mile run.

Cathy – Sounds like you needed a break from grading papers last night. I bet that is pretty time consuming. Good job getting you HIIT workout done. You are right, if you do them like you are supposed they make you feel “spanked”. Great job!

Thomasina – Good luck with BFL. I keep doing it off and on. I’ve been toying with the idea of starting it officially during lent since I will be giving Dr. Pepper up during that time. Dr. Pepper is my addiction. Too bad I don’t like diet drinks.

Lori – Good luck getting a treadmill. I LOVE mine. I wouldn’t be able to run if it wasn’t for my treadmill since it is hard to find time during the day to run. Enjoy your new jeep.

Lorie – I’m not sure if I will be joining the yahoo group. Don’t get me wrong, I would love to chat with everyone. However I barely have time to post here as it is. It is a great idea though. I might change my mind later because I love chatting with everyone.

Wendy & Sunny – I think I’m going to take the plunge with P90X+. I already own P90X and have tried the workouts. I’m hoping to do an X rotation following my HM. What are your thoughts on the X+ workouts?

Wendy – That is a very thoughtful thing your BF did. I’m sure she really appreciates all of your help in helping to lose the weight. Congrats to her for losing 25 pounds! Enjoy your new present.

Wendi – I hear you about not taking vacation because it is too much trouble coming back with so much work to do. My job is the same. No one really knows my job so it all waits for me too. I bet taking care of the horses is a full body workout. My papaw tried to get me into showing horses when I was in high school. However, I was too busy with school and raising my little brother to find time to do it. I wish I would have had the time. Just as much for me as for him. He found joy in me doing it.

Judy – Your weather sounded like ours last night. We had a big storm roll in around 9:00 last night with lots of wind. During the day yesterday the winds were clocked at 50 mph. I’m with you on wanting to try the oatmeal recipe and wanting the family to eat more beans. My DS won’t eat them at all. It really limits what I can cook. They are so good for you though. Enjoy your workout today!

Christine – Good luck with your presentation today. Enjoy your rest day.

Waves to Shelly, Carole, Jackie, Dallas, & Linda. I'll BBL to chat some more. Work should be pretty slow today.

Hey Cheetahs!!

WOW! you all get started early here! :)

I'm about to drop ds at preschool and head to the stairs. I'll come back later and catch up with you!

Have great workouts everyone!

Dallas

Good morning Cheetahs!

It's a beautiful, sunny and chilly day here. I'm glad to see it after the storms yesterday.

Wendi - Enjoy your day off with SO. Sounds like some nice plans together. Know you will meet your goal of 10:00 pace for the HM.

Lorie - I tried that oatmeal crock pot recipe. I hated the clean up. Next time I try it, I think I will use one of the crock pot bags and see how it does. The oatmeal was good though. All of the recipes look yummy. I'll try and remember to go to Yahoo. What workout did you choose?

Thomasina - Like your Posh Cheetah siggy.

Cathy - Tornado didn't hit in my town but it did about 20 miles away. Glad you had a good EXT workout. Ponytails come in handy some days.

Sunny - Enjoy your workout and have fun with Barry the drill sargeant.

Lori - Heidi Klum Cheetah, huh? Funny! A new treadmill and a new jeep, how nice. Hope you enjoy.

Judy - Enjoy your workout.

Wendy - What a nice gift from BF! Guess it shows she appreciates what you have done for her.

Christine - Good luck with the presentation! Good job on resisting the cookies. Enjoy your rest day.

Kristi - Glad you will be getting a new MP3 player. I hate when my battery dies in the middle of a workout because I forgot to charge mine. Good job on the 4 miles.

I did Tear It Up. Still have a touch of DOMS and I'm sure I can look for more tomorrow after today's workout.

Enjoy your day!

Jackie

Cathy...did you get thru the grading last night? I do have a Yahoo acct so I will go check out the cheetah group. Have fun with 20 min of HIIT on your EXT.

Wendi...did you have a nice day with your SO? The soggy run was good as there was no wind, just rain. I have just done that forever it seems, and coming home to a nice warm house is great! Ahh...so the dark horses are much easier to wash! Do they like being washed (or should I say bathed?)...:)

Sunny...sounds like a tough workout today...Enjoy!

Lori...a new TM and a new jeep!! wow....great start to the new year...:)

Judy...nice the kitties were inside during the loud storm. Have fun with your upper body, abs and run today.

Wendy..wow, what a nice gift from your BF. I bet she is incredibly happy being down 25 lbs!!

Jackie...wow a tornado watch?...did any touch down? Thanks for your compliments about my wedding pics...yes, the 80's are a bit hazy...:)..Way to go with the 6.2 miles with iTread 24.

Lorie...I had made the Red Beans & Rice over the weekend, and had just the red beans without rice for dinner last night, it is thick like stew...yum! Good idea resting the hip from running, and you seem to be enjoying the Bosu..:)..Thanks for setting up the Yahoo group I will go join.

Christine...I didn't know the Slo-mo workouts were on the ASCII premixes either. Good luck with the presentation, I am sure you will rock!!

Kristi...good job getting in 4 miles. Hope you find a more efficient mp3 player.

Shelly...your knew workouts sound great!! Hope you had fun with iTrain. Thanks re my wedding pics, you are so sweet....:)...The run was just wet...but at least no wind. Felt my hip just a tad the last half mile. I came home to a nice warm house and that was great.

Dallas...that 4DS workout you did sounds tough. Thanks re my wedding pics. I had seen that you tube video before...LOVED IT, but I ended up watching the other surprise wedding dances too!! Chi running is just a different (injury free!) approach to running, here is a link and you can check it out: http://www.chirunning.com/shop/home.php

Tomasina...LOL about the sunglasses. Good job getting in your workouts first thing. Thanks re my wedding pics. I have some other 80 pics and even before on my Picture trail acct. I think you should find one of you in 1980!! We had a lot of snow mixed in with the rain yesterday but nothing at all sticking, it stayed about 38 all day. LOVE your sparkly new sig...:)

Today will be L&G ankle wieght section and Amy's KBX.

Have a great day

kristi-you don't have to post. we have this forum for posting. it's more of a place to post photos, files, and any important info. i have already downloaded files for my workouts.

oh, workout today was gym styles chest, triceps, back, and biceps (i skipped shoulders because my right shoulder was bothering me) and i did the step combos from LIS.

Good morning ladies,
I am a little frantic this morning. Ron's(DH) dad died yesterday morning...sigh. He had a heart attack. Ron was not close to him, but it was still devastating. He left last night and flew to Iowa to go to the funeral. It is sad because it was my oldest daughters 9th b-day yesterday. We still celebrated her day and enjoyed it, but it was tough:(

I did just yoga yesterday and today will be the elliptical and some upper body workout.

Just wanted to say hello. I do have to to run to take girls to school and then maybe I will be back. Sorry about the short post.

Susan

Good morning dear cheetahs! Well, my nice long stretch off has come to an end and it's back to the grind tonight (sigh) but I do feel well rested and refreshed mentally at least. Odd, that I feel well rested cuz I really worked out hard the last few days, even for me!

Susan- Oh you poor dear, it's always difficult to deal with a sudden unexpected death of a family member, even tho your FIL wasn't close.
Hugs to you sweetie!!!

Kristi- Glad you are going for the CT Scan. I'm 99.9% sure it will be negative but it's necessary to definitely rule out tumors, etc.
Chronic sinusitis can definitely be a bear to deal with but you sure are managing to cope beautifully I must say! Great job on your 4 mile run!

Dallas- The circus circuit (#26) has a TM interval, EXT, toning exercises, more TM, more EXT and toning. quite a sweaty workout!
what adds to it for me is that I have my TM in the basement, but the EXT is in my bedroom so I have stair climbs inbetween }( Speaking of stairclimbs, is that on your agenda today?

POSH (aka Thomasina) You are so funny... you always make me smile!
Congrats on getting in those early am workouts! It does feel good to face the day having already gotten in a good workout.
Love your new sparkly signature!

Wendi- I hope you are enjoying your nice leisure day with your SO.
You certainly deserve it! I think you will have no problem maintaining a 10:00 pace for your HM, in fact I wouldn't be surprised at all if you exceed that.

Lorie- Your crock pot recipes yesterday sound delicious... thank you for posting them. Also thank you for setting up the yahoo group.
That was very thoughtful of you and I will be going there to join when I'm done here.

Cathy- I'm sure your thread title today will have people peeking in here wondering what's up with the spice girl theme! any nickname that has to do with a crazy old eccentric lady would work for me ;-)
Great job with your HIIT workout today, the legs will be talking to you tomorrow!

SunnyD- Yowza... isprints and BBC cardio}( }( }( I love it!!!!

Lori- How nice that you are getting your new Jeep soon!! Is it a Wrangler, Liberty...? I like the looks of that Reebok TM, seems like a good solid TM for the $. It is a new model so that does make it a tad risky.

Judy- Don't blame you for passing on the pushups after yesterday!
Nice workout plan for today with the run and UB work.

Wendy- How nice that your BF gave you a gift, but I can't say I blame her given the obvious success of your training program!!!
You've definitely been an inspiration and good coach :7

Christine- I thought your presentation was yesterday.... oh well, best of luck to you for today!!! Congrats on the willpower onpassing on those cookies BTW. Can't say I could have done the same. I have quite a weakness for cookies. I'm puzzed on the ASCII dvd... I checked out the premixes yesterday and didn't see any with SLo Mo segments.

Jackie- I'm unfamiliar with Tear it UP, but it sounds like a great title}(

Carole- There's fewer things better than a warm house after a cold/wet run!!!Have fun with KBX today.

Time to get busy here.... lots to do before my nap. I have a 5 mile run and then amy's HiLo Dome challenge.

ShellyC

christine- i sent an email to your address.

susan- Oh no so sorry to hear about dh's father's passsing.

kristi-please let us know how the cat scan goes. i know all well be well. good job on the run.

shelly-LMAO!! i am really dying to do the itrain circus. now i am having problems syncing my ipod so i have to have dh look at it and fix it in a hurryx(

carole- enjoy KBX today!!

jackie- are you doing a SS rotation? did you figure out how to fix your dvd player for the mish-moshes?

judy- i cannot believe the owners of the dog that bit you are now trying to deny it. that is absolutely crazyx(

wendy- forget my ? re: training. i see you still are. that is really nice of her to give you a gift. i have found that people are truly grateful for helping them to achieve their goals. you are doing a great job!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.