.:.:. CHEETAHS .:.:. Monday, run for the hills :)

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, cheetahs! :)

Last to post yesterday, so this'll be short n' sweet.

A little smile for those that have to work this morning:

itsmonday.gif

Today's workout will be a circuit (TBD).

Hope everyone's week gets off to a great start!

Gooooooood morning ladies!

So sorry for being MIA this weekend. Between recovering from the show, work and some nice quality time with DSO I simply have not had a moment to catch up until now. Unfortunately, you guys probably won't hear from me again until Thursday because of, guess what, another show *sigh*:(.

I am actually thrilled that I was able to get not one, but *two* workouts in this week:eek:*lol*. Yesterday was 6.5 miles in a PR of 55:00...the crisp clean air felt soooooo wonderful yesterday morning. This morning I banged out 4DS KB/BC cardios....love, love, love that one:D!

Cathy - Awesome smiley this morning! ^^^^^5s on your 11 miler yesterday!!! Wasn't it absolutely gorgeous out there yesterday? 1300 cals:eek:...wow, I wish I burned those kinds of numbers. I only tend to burn between 70-80 cals per mile:confused:. BTW, my eternal gratitude for getting the smiley limit raised....you rock lady!!! Bummed that I miss you Friday...how about *after* you get all your cabbers in place??? Not trying to twist your arm anything;).

Judy - How did the tourny go? Oooh, camping in the Adirondacks sounds beautiful! Glad that you've almost got your house back together.

Wendy - Ummmmm, let me check my dance card on that race and get back to ya. There's a chance that I'll be at a horse show in MD that week but, maybe not. I'm game if I'm free. That tilapia is good....order that whenever I go there. Those shooters are perfect, aren't they. Just enough of a tasty treat without dooing too much damage.

Carol - 1400 point word?!?!? Wowzas! Glad you had a nice 10 miler on those smoke free trails...it's about time, huh? Nice to see that you're getting your mileage back up there! Awww, your pooches in the pool are sooooo cute! Is it cooling off by you yet?

Christine - Ooooh, your day yesterday sounded like fun! Enjoy!!! Sorry about DD's bag...have you gotten it back, yet? What have you got planned for today?

Linda - Hope the Powers That Be don't find the new forum;). So sorry to hear of your friend's loss...you're a wonderful friend for being there for her. Great job on your 10.5 miler...glad I'm not the only one who comes up with odd mileages.

Lorie - Holy Speedy Cheetah, girl!!!! I'm in awe! LMAO about you shaking so bad you dropped the pitcher:p, although I guess it probably wasn't funny to have to clean up the mess...sorry! I am soooo excited about Friday, too!

Dallas - Glad to hear that MIL's treatment is going well and *doin the happy dance* for DH! Try not to stress the tough run...it goes like that sometimes. You've been under an extreme amount of stress and your poor body was probably at it's limit. Your next run will be fine!

Gloria - Ooooh, a campfire sounds like a perfect way to spend an evening with DH! How was kayaking? Sounds like a blast!

Jackie - So, did you and DBF have any good plans or was it some quiet chill time?

Shelly - Hope the moving is going well and you're back online soon!

Gotta post this bad boy, pull out the butt glue remover and head into work...gonna be a long, chaotic one today, joy:eek:! Have a great day Cheetahs!

Last edited:
Wendi :: yes, it was absolutely perfect yesterday...you clocked in a speedy one...nice going!...Based upon the traffic that we are likely to hit coming from the airport, I think I am going to get to them to the hotel/gym just in time, so it's not in the cards this time around.

Hi Girls! :)

Cathy: I am not sure if I want to try to run the entire 18 or not. No, that's a lie. I DO want to run (or try anyway) the entire 18 but I don't know if it's a wise choice or not. I ran my 2nd half with no walk breaks so perhaps I could do it if I just slow down a bit? Any thoughts? Enjoy whatever circuit you choose for today! So when are we heading to AC girl? :D

Lori: I remember trying to do that 100 min premix from 4DS back when the series first came out. Um..I couldn't do it!!! I had to stop and finish it the next day! Kudos to you for going as heavy as you can and managing to finish it! You rock! Can't wait to meet you this weekend! :)

Wendi: Holy cow girl, you can move! Good for you! Great PR!!!! Yes, definatley let me know about the race. That would be awesome! Looking forward to meeting you on Friday! :)

Today's work out will be a TM run using CC or ITread ofcourse. If I have energy I may do 4DS C&B at nap time but I'm not so sure about that one!:p

Guess that's all for now but I'll be back!

well...it's monday. i feel like i need to mainline caffiene directly into my veins, but, since i am not drinking soda anymore (i usually have one can of diet pepsimax) i have been drinking green tea for the past two weeks. i actually like it, it just doesn't have quite the "oomph" of more caffienated beverages!

wt-your picture looks like i feel this morning!!!

wendi-we all know your schedule is pretty darn crazy! just post when you can and let us know you're okay. i actually laughed when i dropped the pitcher because it was pretty funny why. i can't wait to see you THIS WEEK!!!

wendy-it really isn't that bad. the hard part is when she KEEPS saying, "that's the end of this cycle, let's move on!" what? how many more of these do i have to do?!?! it isn't too bad once you get into it and i find the kb not as strnuous as step, so it was okay that that was first and i wasn't too wiped out to do the rest. i can't believe we'll finally get to hang out!!!

so, i am thinking today will be step. maybe from 4ds or maybe lowmax or step blast. maybe a little mix. we'll see.

Hi All!

It'll be a drive by today as I actually have a conference call, so I have to get in a bike ride early. One the conference call is over, then I'm not working the rest of the week! YEAH!

DD19's bag showed up at 10:30 PM last night - by that time she had moved in to a full sulk. :confused: But we had a good time anyway. I ended up doing the first part of KPC, then walking about 6 miles yesterday - some with DH and some with DD15. DD15 and I also went shopping - she had no shorts. Today I'll get in a 10 mile bike ride before my conference call. Then, we're taking the girls jet skiing, then it's beach time! :D We're going out to dinner tonight too. Have a great day all!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...You did burn a lot of cals on that run! So did you mean you had 800 cals left to eat or 800 cals totally?? I am not adjusting my cals for the long runs, but if you ate more it is certainly understandable, and not a bad thing...:)..I did get a bit over my cal max on Sat, as it always seems better to do that the night before a long run. I think that smiley even works for me as I have a bit of DH's cold he had last week...:(..Enjoy your circuit.

Wendi...Well, like I said, I have no clue how that word was so high in points?? Great run and cardio workouts yesterday and today. Hope the show goes smoothly. Thanks re my pic...NO, August is usually the hottest month here.

Lorie...thanks re my dogs pic..:)...sounds like you did quite the 4DS workout!!

Wendy..so are you just running 2x a week for the 18 miler? I think I got confused with your post yesterday...

Christine...Sounds like a lot of fun for you after this conference call!! Glad DD finally got her luggage.

Linda...lol about Tony's "spitting"! He does not bother me at all. Thanks for your review. And thanks re my dogs...:)..Sounds like a good run yesterday.

Today will be P90X+ upper plus, abs/core and a 3 mile run.

Have a nice day...:)

Hi Cheetahs!

Cathy: Great job on the strong eleven miles yesterday! I really like Will Ferrel too. You must be excited to meet the Cabbers! You are sweet to pick them up at the airport.

Wendi: At least you got in some workouts this last week. I told DH what some of the Cheetahs said about us roasting marshmellows and telling ghost stories at our campfires and he said that you all must think I am a country hillbilly! LOL!! :) Hope the work week goes quickly for you.

Linda: I am very sorry for your good friend's family. :( Will you breathe in some of that mountain air for me while you're in MT? :)

Wendy: Have a great workout today. :)

Lorie: I have been feeling a little more tired lately since I cut back on the caffeine, but it will be worth it in the long run. You kicked some serious butt on your run the other day! :) I was AFAA certified in college and taught step aerobics too! Hope your Monday is a good one!

Christine: Sounds like you are having a nice vacation. Glad DD19 got her luggage in a reasonable amount of time.

Carole: Loved the pic of Beau and Sadie. They are both adorable. Glad to hear you are getting your mileage back up there!

The kayaking trip was great yesterday. LOVE my new boat, it handles so well in the water. I cannot believe I haven't gone sooner! I was just scared since I have tipped a canoe several times and lost one of DH's brand new fishing rods in the river in the process. I feel confident going by myself now. We have planned a trip for Saturday this week. Did not get in my run since my friend called and we had to go earlier than previously planned. Will make that one up today. Have a nice Monday everyone!

LIC is done. The circuits are such a refreshing change...I'm lovin' it. :)

Wendy :: What kind of weekly mileage have you been running?

Lorie/WT :: you are on that steppin' kick, woman! Love that smiley.

Carole :: Sorry about your cold...A big calorie burn is the benefit of being so heavy, I guess! *lol* I meant that, all told, I consumed 800 calories yesterday. Think I got a B for calories. Good idea about going a little over the max the night before the long run. I don't know if the conventional wisdom has changed, but I still believe carbo-loading works.

Christine :: glad the bags finally made it. Sounds like another idyllic vacation day...enjoy! :)

Gloria :: thank you--your good vibes must've helped! :) Yeah, I'm looking forward to meeting them even though they won't have time to hang out...I'm laughing about the marshmallow thing...I have enjoyed a couple of roasted marshmallows at my uncle's house this summer when he has his fire pit going. Just like when we were kids. I like 'em blackened. :)...Enjoy your run today...Is your u/b sore at all from kayaking? Glad you had a good time and feel more secure about it. I'll admit, I would be a little intimidated also, for the same reason. I've only gone canoeing once or twice as a teenager, but man it was hard to right that canoe again!

Hi all.

We are back from the gym and the park. We were barely at the park 15 minutes and DS wanted to come home. Usually he yells cause he wants to stay at the park longer! Kids. Go figure! :D

So I ended up doing ITread 1/40 mins. It was a nice tiring mix of speed and hills. Wore me out good! :)

Lorie: Um, I beg to differ...it really was THAT bad when I tried it! LOL I am going to be doing the all upper body premix from 4DS in a couple of days. It's just over 60 minutes I think. That shouldn't be THAT bad but we'll see.:p

Carole: I am aiming for 3 runs a week to train for the 18 miler. It will be 2 on the TM at the gym (Itread or CC) and then my 1 outdoor long run every week. I will be increasing mileage by 2 miles every other week and running half the long run distance in between. Make sense?

Cathy: 13+ miles from sunday 7/27 to saturday 8/02. The week prior was the week I went on vacation so my mileage was really low (like 6 miles). Prior to vacation, I was doing lots of HIIT so I wasn't even tracking mileage. So we'll start with a little over 13 miles for the week that ended this past saturday with my first training run. Every other week from here on out, the mileage should only go up since I'll upping my long runs by 2 miles every time and I am hoping to keep my TM at 3 miles or more.

Hey girls who like to induldge in the drink! Do you or will you be tracking your alcohol intake with the nutrition program or are you playing the ignorance is bliss card where that is concerned? :p Just curious!

Okay, time for coffee! :)

BBL!

Hiya cheetahs! This will be a quickie. There's just not enough hours in the day for me lately. After working Thursday nite and getting off at 0730 I met up with DH and we headed to PA for our closing. It went well and we then made the trek back to Philly. Spent the nite here at the apartment and then packed up my kitties and headed to NJ in the morning. We loaded up two trailers there and worked straight through til 3 in the afternoon and then headed out again for the 4 hr trek all the way back to central Pa with all the kids this time. I had to do alot of trailer hauling and back up work for DH again;) So, we got to our Pa home at 8:30 pm Sat. nite. I did manage a nice 4 mile run Sun. morning along beautiful rolling country road:D. Then we spent the day arranging the house, unpacking some etc. This morning I headed back to Philly cuz I work tonight, then it's back to the new house tomorrow after a nap, and I hope a workout! Our main furniture/belongings trailer was delivered today and I'll be helping DH to unpack the next couple of days. I plan on driving back to Philly on Thurs. nite. Still have it in the agenda to go to the step class Fri morning. I need some diversion from this craziness!!!

Lot's of love to my fellow cheetahs... I hope to catch up and be back to semi normal soon.

Wow Shelly. Busy busy but CONGRATS! I know you are going to be so happy in your new home!:)

Gloria, Glad you enjoyed your new kayak. I've never been in one and would be petrified to try it! LOL I've been in a canoe before and that was hard enough to keep upright! LOL

Christine, Glad DD finally got her luggage. I can imagine the mood not having her things must have put her in but c'mon...it was an excuse for mom to take her shopping! That HAD to be a bright spot, no? LOL Glad you are enjoying yourselves!

Last edited:
Wendy :: Well, I did not have solid base mileage built up when I signed up for Chicago. Since I returned to working out and running in Jan. 06, I have just been running for weight loss and enjoyment, not for specific race training. In fact, this past winter, my mileage was *really* at a minimum, having subbed the EXT quite a bit. So, the low mileage coupled with the fact that I am still a bit above my ideal weight helped me conclude that a run/walk program with a goal of simply finishing healthy was best and most realistic for me...It's hard to say what is right for someone else, but I think it may be more of a challenge to run the longer distances straight through if you don't have significant base mileage established. JMHO. How did you feel on your 7 miler?

Shelly :: wonder woman! Good to see ya. Talk about being on the run!

Wendy – That is so cool! I think it would be so wonderful to run with one of you Cheetahs!! LOL….that is a good idea to tie yourselves together! We are staying a week (for vacation). We leave Saturday and return Saturday. Sounds like you had a great run with iTread! I cannot run without iTreads or CC’s anymore!

Cathy – The only Jari that has cardio is R1000. But I was wondering if you do “weight circuits” or the cardio and weights circuits. What you are doing looks great! I am missing my Cathe workouts so much! So when I get back, I may start on a rotation similar to yours and use Cathe.

Wendi – My gosh! You are so fast! How do you guys fun that fast? Hope you have a good day and rest of the week!!

Lorie – Enjoy your step workout!

Christine – I am glad your DD’s bag showed up! Man! It sounds like you have a perfect day planned! Enjoy it!

Carole – Tony’s “spitting” and kidding around doesn’t bother me at all either! :>) I really like him and his workouts a lot! Enjoy your P90X+ Upper and run!

Gloria – I am glad you enjoyed your Kayak trip! LOL….I have dropped my DH’s reel to the bottom of the river before! We were fly fishing at the time. It was just a regular rod and reel. Somehow the reel came off and just sunk to the bottom! I felt sooo bad! I will definitely breath some mountain air for you!

Shelly – Oh wow! I’ll bet you are really getting tired! The rolling country road sounds good! I am happy that you are going to be getting settled into your house soon!

This morning I ran 4 miles and did Jari’s R1000.

Hi to anyone that checks in later, or that I may have missed!

Linda

Cathy: I don't blame you one bit for deciding to run/walk the marathon. If my full marathon plan goes through as planned for 2009, I will be run/walking it as well. I am only considering trying to run the full 18 because I was able to run my last half all the way through. I'm not saying it was easy cause heck no it wasn't but I did it so that's what's got me wondering if I should go for it with the 18 too? I am worried, though, about hitting a wall and crashing and either not being able to finish or having to walk more then run towards the end.

Linda :: I am doing Cathe's circuit workouts with cardio & weights. As I mentioned to Carole, I might drop one of the circuits starting in September and add another running day in place of it. Your trip sounds heavenly, too. Someday I need to get out that way.

Wendy :: You could always see how it goes in training w/ your long runs. Did you take a walk break on that last one?

Linda: I have only done Jari's Ripped 1000 in full once or twice. It's pretty good. I also like using the cardio for HIIT! Have a great vacation!

Cathy: No, I didn't take any walking breaks with my 7 miler. I was planning on running all the way through until I pass the 10 mile run mark and see how I feel. If I can keep myself from running too fast I just may try to run all of the training runs all the way through. Most importantly, if I can run my 15 miler w/o a walk break then I will plan to run the entire 18 I think. If I don't make it through 15 w/o a break then I will definately be taking the breaks during the race since I will know at that point that I need them.

Gloria...thanks re my dogs pic...:)...Glad yo hear you had a blast kayaking!

Cathy...WOW...I would be way hungry living on 800 cals! What is your cal range on the nutrition software? I did try stying away from DH so I could avoid the cold...I doubt mine will be near as bad as his was...:rolleyes:

Wendy...glad to hear you will be running 3 days. I thought if you were trying 2, the 18 miler would be way tough no matter what your long runs are. Once you get in the 15 mile training runs that should give you more of an idea how the 18 is going to feel. Did you get any supplements for cramps?

Shelly...sounds like some crazy, hectic moving and working days!! Glad you got into the new home. The 4 mile run sounds way cool...:)

Linda...Tony is kinda silly in P90X+ and I do still like him. Good job with 4 miles and Jari.

Got through my workout without much trouble, just feel a bit tired. I got some apricots and raisins hoping to lift up my potassium count!

Carole: Yes, I have endurolytes which I will be carrying with me during my training runs AND my race! I broke one open and ate it at the end of my run on saturday...it was like eating a teaspoon of straight salt! BLECH! But if it's gonna help, I'll do it!:) Yes, I am shooting for 3 runs per week. Perhaps I'll try to add a 4th when I can.

Good evening ladies!

Gonna head to bed here in just a minute. I want to make sure that I don't get too far behind in the sleep department with the RT coming up on Friday:D.

Cathy - So, I think I'm a little confused:confused:. Did you say that you only ate 800 cals ALL DAY!?!?!? Um, I think I hit that by the time I have my third meal (lunch-ish), *lol*. If that's the case it's no wonder you were hungry, especially with that long run factored in. I know I definitely do a bit better on longer runs if my caloric intake is a bit higher the day before. True, I never thought of the traffic you're likely to hit. Some other time I guess;). Glad you're enjoying the circuits!

Wendy - Glad the iTread wore ya out...dontcha love that feeling? I'll bet you'll be able to run the whole thing, girl! I think you hit the nail on the head about not going out too quick...I know I'd find that really tough to discipline myself on that one:p. Hope DH is able to stay to with DS early enough so you can get your tush down to the RT on time...or even a bit early;).

Lorie - Forgot to mention how much I love your avatar...too cute!!!! Nice to know we have the same sense of humor about some things:p...I probably would have laughed at myself, too. So what did you decide on for a workout? Countin' down the days....

Christine - Sorry you had to take a conference call in the middle of your vacay but gald that your free from now on...woohoo. Sounds like you're having a fantastic time...jet skiing and the beach:D...NICE!!!! Way to get some nice workouts in there.

Carole - Ugh, I think I would melt in that kind of heat. Hope that leetle bit of cold you've got there clears up fast. Great workout today! Have you tried black velvet apricots? OMG, tried one last week for the first time....sooooooo sweet and yummy!!!

Gloria - Oh, no, you're no hillbilly *lol*....couldn't think of a more enjoyable way to spend a beautiful summer evening. Uh oh, does that make *me* a hillbilly;). Glad you had a great time kayaking...sounds like a blast! So how did your run go today?

Shelly - UBER BUSY CHEETAH!!!! Glad the closing went well. I just hope you can slow down a bit there soon. Even our super woman can't keep that kind of schedule up for very long:eek:. *Jumps up and down for joy*...oh, goody, you're still coming to the Friday class!!!

Linda - Nice run and workout this morning! I may have a little speed on my side but some of you gals are logging some *serious* miles that I couldn't even imagine:eek:. Enjoy your vacay!

That wraps me up for now. I might wander in here tomorrow morning, early, while downing the java. If not, I'll pop in here when I can. Gonna miss you guys....kishies, as Lorie would say!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.