:::: CHEETAHS :::: is it MONDAY already???

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs-

I nodded off early last night and could've probably slept in today if I'd had the opportunity. Today I should find out some more news about my position for next year, so I'm starting to get that nervous, churning butterfly feeling. Hope I have good news to report later.

Tonight the rotation calls for yoga. (I might switch it up since I've still got some stubborn sinus pain when I bend forward. Will have to see.) But this is it - the final recovery week of the X! I can't believe it. I don't think I am going to see as much a loss in inches as I did in the middle of the rotation, but overall, I'm pleased with what it's done for me, and I can see doing a second round when I get closer to my goal weight.

Wendy :: I think you can keep your X progress going with a GS rotation. Have fun with the B&G Blast today!!

Have a great day, everyone! BBL
Cathy :)

Good morning ladies,

cathy- yes indeed it is monday again, so that means back to the grind:D . fingers crossed for you, you will hear the best news! i will find out the results of the exam in 4-6 weeks...ARGHHHH

wendy- the park was MEGA fun!! it was our first time going to this park. it's really big and next to a huge lake. they have a train, boat rides, carousels, minature golf. all in all we had a very nice time.

today's workout is MM and if time allows i am going to do a non-TM cardio portion of a BBC.

ttyl...

Hi gang:

WOW, sorry I've been MIA, but it's been so busy around here I haven't barely had to time to think (which probably isn't so bad :p ) We had friends that moved away six months ago come back for a visit, I worked, taught Sunday School, we went four-wheeler yesterday and a meeting last night. Whew...........I'm going back to my full time job to relax - UGH!

I ordered the Benderball and it came Saturday, so I will give that a try tonight along with a run if the rain holds off.

Have a great day everyone, and I hope to get back and catch here soon.
Marcia.

Cathy, I can't believe you are almost done with the X! Why does it seem that it went so much quicker for you then for me? Not fair!:p LOL Can't wait to hear the stats from month to month...and the pics if you are willing to share them!:)

Sunny, Glad you had a great time at the park. I am jealous! That park sounds AWESOME!!!!:7

Marcia, Welcome back girl! Have a good run and I hope you enjoy your new toy!:+

I have Leg day on tap + my running class. I am thinking Leg Blast Premix but who knows....I'll see what calls my name when I am ready to work!}(

I did some of my new Xflowsion yoga work out last night. Interesting. If you want a fun, funky yoga work out then this is the ticket. You can't be in the mood for a serious yoga session. You have to wanna "play". I think it will be fun! I just wanted to do yoga last night so it was the wrong vid for me to do but curiosity killed the cat! I couldn't let it continue to sit there! LOL :p

Hola!

Marcia ~ It is nice to have you back :) The weekends with a family can be very busy. I hope your recent health issues have resolved.

Wendy ~ Yes the "kids" will help with gardening. Nina was enthusiastic with everything yesterday, since she called it Our Mother's Day. The boys helped but they disappear as soon as each job is done. LOL.... I have never done an X rotation, but I have had good results with both PS and GS lifting heavy. Just make healthy eating choices. (Easier said than done , I know too well)

Cathy ~ Your rotation looks like a winner to me.

Shelly ~ You painted your entire house? OK you are fearless girl! I have stress over touch up painting. :eek: :eek:

Gayle ~ How was the all star event?

Today will be major cleaning & laundry. But first is PH and EXT.

PS~ DD Nina made me a beautiful breakfast yesterday (after my run) of crepes made with soy flour and strawberries and banana and a Hershey's Kiss on top. her Regatta went well on Saturday, except one rower's oar 'caught a crab', and they veered into another lane and were penalized. They clearly finished first, but with the penalty they were pushed back to second. The team needs many volunteers, and I have become the Gatorade lady. I have to make 25 gallons of Gatorade (from powder)for the next Regatta.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

I'm getting the P90 Masters work outs today! HOLD ME BACK!}( }( }(

Judy: WOW, 25 gallons from POWDER!?!? Do you have to use bottled water to mix it with? Ask your DD if she'll come cook me breakfast sometime, will ya? ;) :9 LOL

Hey everybody. Super quick post for me.

DS' all star weekend was great. He got 'cheated' out of pitching both Saturday and Sunday, though. They planned on him pitching inning 7, but both games were over before they even got to 7 innings (our team lost Saturday but won Sunday). He got some great hits and made a few awesome infield plays.

This morning's workout was PLB and B&G bonus abs.

I'm heading to Kindergarten and going on the field trip with them. We're going up in the mountains for a hike and a nature tour. Ought to be fun with over 100 Kindergartners! LOL We'll see!

Gayle

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy..your rotation looks good to me. Great workout yesterday. So will your job possibly change a bit for next year?

Sunny... have fun with MM.

Marcia...the Benderball sounds interesting, new toys are always fun.

Wendy..good idea on taking the measurements before a certain rotation, you can definitely see if it is doing something then. As far as your rotation question yesterday, I think doing GS would get you some good results. Enjoy your leg workout and running class today. P90 Masters?...wow!!!

Judy...sounds like Nina is a great cook! And that is a lot of Gatorade.

Gayle...good leg and ab workout. Have fun with the Kindergarten kids today.

Jackie...you went 20 times around a track?...That't drive me batty! Garmins are fairly accurate so maybe the track is off a bit.

Shelly...my thoughts and prayers for your FIL. That is incredibly nice of your DH to go and help his Mom thru this. Yes, I liked Amy a lot. She was not overly chatty and explained the exercises well. The run yesterday felt good.

I went about 9.5 miles yesterday without much pain. Then did some yardwork and the wind kicked up causing my allergies to kick in...yuk. Had to come inside and take another shower and more meds...that can wear you out.

I am getting a massage this morning so I might do my EXT before and then my weights S&H CST later this afternoon.

Have a great day..:)

Hi Ladies:) The time has come for this stray cheetah to return to the pack. I did all of the upper body work from PureStrength yesterday and am really feeling it today (love it!) I've been running 3x/week for the past month or so and am enjoying it tremendously. It's a holiday Monday here so I'm out of town at a friend's place. I'm just waiting for her to get up and we're going for a short 5k run. She ran a half last Sunday and this will be her first post event run. I'm not up for a longer run, I've got red wine head this morning...it was very good red wine last night:7 My ankle is feeling good and I think I'll particiapate in some short road races this summer. The symphony is hosting a Beat Beethoven 8K fundraiser in a few weeks so I think I'll sign up for that.

Cathy, I hope everything works out how you would like it to for next year position....the waiting is the hardest part (Hey...that's a Tom Petty song!:)). Congrats on getting through P90X!

Sunny, love your avatar! Gorgeous Babes. Have fun with MM.

Marcia, sounds like a jam packed day...whew...tuckered me out to read it:) It's nice that you got to see your friends again.

Wendy, wow! things have changed since I've been here....you actually WANTED to do yoga!!:+ It's fabulous that you are liking yoga now....I can't believe I've been practising for almost 10 years now...I love all of my fitness but there's something magical about the body buzz after a good yoga session:)

Judy, that's lovely that Nina is so thoughtful, it's such a joy having older children and seeing the amazing individuals they truly are. Good luck with all that Gatorade...sounds like sticky work!

Gayle, sounds like the boys are keeping their Mamma busy:) You are one brave woman hiking with a bunch of Kindergarteners:) I bet it'll be very fun, although, you'll be wishing you had eyes in the back of your head:+

Carole...enjoy your massage! For my birthday, my Girls got me a gift certificate for a massage at a local spa (the competition}( ) I haven't been yet but am really looking forward to it. A chance to steal someone else's moves:+

Enjoy your Monday Ladies!

Take Care
Laurie

Good morning everyone!

Wendy - Thanks for the review of Xflowsion. Think I'll pass on these. I never opened Yoga Booty Ballet. Maybe I need to. I got some good results doing a S&H and Gym Style rotation. Have a great run today!

Cathy - Sending prayers and good vibes your way today. Hope all goes well. Enjoy your recovery week. Glad you're happy with the results you have gotten.

Sunny - Enjoy your workout.

Marcia - Good to see you post. Anxious to hear how you like the Benderball workouts.

Judy - Nice breakfast. Glad the Regatta went well. That's a lot of Gatorade! Whew!!

Gayle - Glad DS did well in his game. Enjoy the hike! Sounds like real fun.

Carole - Going around in circles does get to be monotonous. One advantage is if I get tired, all I have to do is get in my car and go home. I don't like running alone. So, I have to go where other people are around or it's the treadmill. Great job on the 9.5 miles! Enjoy your massage.

I did iTri #8. This consisted of a 15 minute run, 15 minutes on the elliptical, 15 minutes on a bike and then a 20 minute run. I did 15 minutes on my Bosu instead of the bike. Then, I finished up with SChS bonus stretch.

Enjoy your Monday!

Jackie

Laurie...nice to see you back. PS is a really good series....well, they really all are...:)..sounds like your running is going well and your ankle is behaving. I am so looking forward too this massage...enjoy your run with your friend today.

Jackie....I can see why you use the track if you don't like to run alone. I actually prefer running by myself. Except in marathon training when doing long 18-20 mile runs it is nice to have company...:)...good workout today.

wendy- yay..more new workouts!!! which ones did you order?

carole- good job putting in the mileage. have fun with your massage today.

jackie- i downloaded that itrain- you are making me want to break it out and try it, lol.

laurie- thanks! welcome back. you were definitely missed:)

gayle- have fun hiking with the little ones. i am sure you will all enjoy yourselves.

judy- breakfast sounds yummy:9

well i am off to get in my workout....

Hey all!

Sorry I was MIA yesterday. Just busy! Did Spinervals “Have Mercy” – ALL of it and yeah, at the end I was begging Coach Troy to have mercy especially as he ended with a killer set. My legs are a bit fried today, so I took it easy and did BBC Arms and BBC Chest – was able to ignore Rich a bit more this time, but I still wanted to thrown my dumbbell at him. He over instructs on everything. But I upped my weights and I’m feeling good. Today I’ll get “Have Mercy 2” my Mother’s Day present – so I’ll get to kill myself again tomorrow! YEAH!

Oh, and my DH could have knocked me over with a feather when he said he took the YOGA class at the gym yesterday! He buddy Raj talked him into it and he is considering doing it again – especially on Sundays. I may just join him!

Cathy – yeah, unfortunately, it’s Monday already! What about your position? Is it in danger? Want to move to California – we could use a good English Teacher here! Enjoy your final week of the “X”!!!

Sunny – oh, OUCH! The non-TM cardio of BBC?! Have fun! That’s killer! I briefly considered that today, then laughed at myself because my legs are already fried!

Marcia – GREAT to see you back! How are you doing?!? Sounds like you’re a busy lady as usual!

Wendy – Play with yoga? That sounds interesting! Have fun with your leg killer workout!

Judy – This is going to sound really weird, but a day to do laundry and clean the house sounds heavenly right now. Nothing like good physical labor to make you feel satisfied! Enjoy it! And have fun being the Gatorade Lady! 25 gallons eh?

Gayle – have fun on the field trip! I love that the class is going for a hike and a nature tour! It should be fun – even with 100 kindergartners!

Carole – allergies are BAD this year! Everyone is coughing and sneezing! Hope you’re feeling better. Glad to hear the 9.5 mile run went well!

Laurie!! Welcome back! Sounds like you’ve got it all together again! Glad your ankle is better and that Beat Beethoven race sounds wonderful. I’m a musician from way back and love the symphony! Enjoy and we’re so glad you’re back!

Jackie – I love the iTri’s – although I have to admit I’m ready to die when I get back on the treadmill after the bike!

Have a fab day everyone!!!

I am about to do my leg work out but I just wanted to log on to tell you all that I received the Master series today and quickly preveiwed Sculpt 5-6 and UML. They look good! Sculpt 5-6 looks like a cliff notes version of all off the upper body X work outs (minus the push/pull-ups) combined into one neat little package! UML is a compilation of various types of body weight exercises that target all areas of the body. I am ofcourse excited to try them out now but I must remain in control for the time being!:p }( :p

Wendy - how much are the Master's series? I can imagine that I would use those. I'm looking for shorter strength workouts that will allow me to maintain, but not take a full hour - which I no longer have.

Good morning cheetahs! I guess it's still technically morning anyway. Checking in a bit later than usual. I was up a 0230 to take DH to the airport. I already miss him:( and I still have 3 long weeks until I can join him in NJ! Ah well, I'll find myself lots of projects to get involved with.

After I got back from Phoenix I met up with a friend and coworker to run on one of my favorite trails. I hardly ever run with anyone (unless you count races) so this was a unique experience for me. She is an adorable girl about half my age! Anyway, she said she was quite nervous and was afraid I'd kill her! You'll all be proud to hear that I was very restrained and careful:) I stayed a little behind her so that she could set the pace and encouraged her to take walk breaks whenever she wanted. We ended up going for just under 6 miles and she took only one walk break. Our pace was much slower than what I'm used to but so what! I had lots of fun!!! She was
ecstatic at the end and wants to run more with me :D

After a little rest here I'll do my current favorite workout... Amy Bento's KBX.
Back for personals

ShellyC

back again....

ok, so i also lost all motivation to workout (TTOM;( ) then i put on my workout clothes anyway and just switched workout ideas. i did icycle strength (thanks for the idea JACKIE). OMG!! what a great enjoyable workout. it is 30 mins of cycling and then 30 mins of an upperbody workout. it allowed me to use my homegym machine for alot of the moves. i was so pleasantly surprised:D love it!!!!!

wendy- i have the masters series but have only done sculpt, intervals and plyo legs. i have yet to do UML- let me know what you think.

christine- lady you are a beast...the name alone "have mercy" sends tremors down my body, lol. i really think the masters series would be a great addition to your workout library.

off to shower....:eek: :D

:7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 personals:7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7

Cathy- Crossing my fingers for you and hoping you'll be sharing good news about your job for the next year soon!

SunnyD- You have to wait 4-6 weeks for your test results!!! That is a tortuously long wait:eek: Personally though, I truly feel you have absolutely nothing to worry about! Have fun with your cardio from BBC... those segments are short but mighty intense!

Marcia- Great to hear from ya! I was a tad worried about you since we hadn't heard anything from you in a while but I'm glad to hear it was only that you were busy having fun :7 :7 Okay, just WHAT is
a benderball????

Wendy- Oh boy... an entire new workout series to explore!!!!! I'll be curious to hear what you think of these. I'm interested to hear if you think they are as intense as p90x. I am so incredibly delighted to hear that you'll be at the Sheehan Classic 5 miler
:7 :7 :7 :7 It'll be a highlight of my vacation to meet you, especially at a race!!! BTW, I was reading the details on this race
and did you know that they give out medals to everyone just for finishing? Kewl, huh?

Judy- Yes, I did paint the entire inside of my house and it did save us many thousands of dollars but ya know, if I had to do it over again..... fuggedaboutit... I'd pay the money!!! Wow, the Regatta finish sounded a little heartbreaking! How frustratingx(
Those crepes sound YUMMY:9

Gayle- WOW:eek: :eek: :eek: A field trip with 100+ kindergardeners:eek: :eek:
You are a better women than I.... I'd sooner face a den of lions!

Carole- Yesterday I finally tried out the Amy Bento premix of HLext
and APX--- about 2 hrs long!! She really has some innovative neat moves in APX.... I especially liked the hack squats. I really think you'd like her KBX workout. I'm still enjoying it too much but by August I'd be willing to part with it for a while so I'll bring it with me to to the RT if you want to borrow it. Great job on the 9.5 miles :eek: :eek: I bet you're more than ready for that massage!

Laurie- How wonderful to have our Canadian cheetah back:7 Great to hear that you're keeping up with your runs! I'm trying to figure out what a "Beat Beethoven" fundraiser could possibly be???

Jackie- I'm with Carole, I do prefer to run alone... today was a rare exception. However, I found myself enjoying it alot more than I thought I would!! Is it a safety factor for you or just a social one that you don't like running alone? Just curious :p That iTri workout sounds like fun!!!

Christine- Wow, you're DH likes Yoga?? Stop the presses! You'll have to go with him and let us know how he does;-) I agree with you about Rich on the BBC workout. I want to yell.... enough already... let's start! Have a great day!

Time to move on with the day. Have to go back into town later for a meeting.... they are endlessx(

ShellyC

Thanks for the warm welcome back everyone:)

Shelly, the Beat Beethoven is an 8K fundraiser for the Symphony. The symphony plays one of Beethoven's symphonies for 50 minutes and the goal is to finish the race before the band finished playing:) I hear it's a really fun event and obviously for a great cause.:)

Take Care
Laurie

Hiya Cheetahs! I've been busy spending time w/ my brother, we've been having such fun!! He spent the day w/ us y'day- we went to church, then we all went to the local carnival to ride lots of rides. The girls had a BLAST! I rode quite a few, but the tilt-a-whirl 3 times just did me in!! My tummy can't take it anymore!

We just got back from a 20 mile (yes, mile!) bike ride. Scot pulled Allison in the trailer w/ my new bike & I rode Greg's bike. It was a perfect day, although a bit windier than we realized! We rode 10 miles into town to the park, then played, then at lunch at McD's (Allison was thrilled!), then 10 miles home. Fun & a great workout!

Kiersten has her ear checkup this afternoon & we'll see if she can still get her tubes in tomorrow. Then we'll take the girls to Chuck E. Cheese, my brother will spoil them to pieces which they love!

Ok, I'm off to do a CoreMax, feel the need to do a different ab workout, and then shower! Just wanted to peek in on my Cheetahs! WB, Laurie!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.