:::CHEETAHS::: Monday, 9/18

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good mornin', cheetahs!

Had some DOMS from PH...Wound up taking a rest day yesterday. Plan to run and get in u/b this afternoon.

Expecting another busy week but will do my best to try to keep up even if I can't post. Someone asked what I do: I'm a middle school teacher (8th grade lang. arts.)

Have a great day, everyone!
cathy :)

Good Morning Cathy and all other Cheetahs!!
I hae some DOMES today in my biceps..YAY!! Love DOMS}(

Cathy- I didin't know you were a teacher. I wished I had you for my L.A teacher!!! I bet your good at it too:) PH is a good workout I bet you get DOMS. My mom did it a few times on fit tv and it left her sore. Hope you have a great run!

Have a great day cheetahs!! Will se yea later

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.
-Laurie Kuslansky-

~Adri~
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

Morning to Cathy, Adri and all who follow!

I have U/B and a run on tap for today too, Cathy!

I ended up being a dirty stay out after lunch yesterday so by the time I got home there was no time for a work out.x( Yesterday was an unscheduled rest day...I hate those! ACK!

Have a great day ladies!

Okay, now it's time for personals! ;)

Carole, Does your whole family run!? LOL

Cathy, Why don't you believe me when I tell you that I don't run fast!? LOL I am improving but I am far from a FAST runner girl! I'm tellin' ya! I think either we'd be a pretty good match OR you'd be a bit faster! :p As far as a race goes...I am planning on doing that Sea Girt run at the end of Oct but I guess if you want to see if there's one we can do together over the w/e of the 14/15th, that would be okay. That would give me atleast 2 weeks after this weekend's race and 2 weeks before the one is sea girt!

Jess, When I was running the other day I went on to a trail and 2 women were on bikes and it made me think of you. It was strange...everyone I ran into on the trail said good morning to me. I am in NJ, that is NOT normal! People here are usually NOT that friendly! LOL :p

Colleen, Hope you feel better soon!!!

Christine, Wow, I haven't played Bocce ball in ages! How'd you do? Dancing, ey? So much fun! The indian food lunch was wonderful! I was stuffed...I just had cereal for dinner at about 9pm last night cause I was so full from lunch all day long!:9

Susan, Nice! Training for a half! You go girl! It's gonna take me a year to get the nerve to enter anything longer than a 5k! LOL

Adri, What's up girl?

Katrina, What work out are you doing today?

Barb, Enjoying life now that it's back to normal? :) Like I wrote above, no u/b y'day. I have not decided if it will be Jari or Cathe for today yet...}(

Laurie, I'll bet you have your eye on a new race w/in a MONTH after your half is over...if not sooner!}(

Elaine, Congrats on your 20 miler! Did I hear taper time? When your race?

Good morning Cheetahs,

Cathy~ Have a great workout--I'm suffering from DOMS also:(

Wendy~ Today I planned on doing Step Heat but the front of my legs and top of my feet are still sore from Saturday's hilly 10K x(-but I plan on doing some strength work later today at the gym.

Adri~ Hello, you love DOMS? How 'bout I give you some of mine?;-)
In answer to your question yesterday, Cardio Stack Core Attack is a new DVD by Greg Sims. I consider it advanced. It uses a resistance band and it's floor aerobics with athletic moves. I love it. Got it from collage video. You can check out a clip on their website (www.collagevideo.com)

Have great WOs everyone,

Katrina:)

HI Cheetahs--
I have a little DOMS today from my long run & SJP legs yesterday, but feel good overall.
I did some slideboarding this early a.m. to loosen up the hip, and the short step portion of CTX step & Intervals...

Now I'm going to try to do either GS Chest & Tri or MM Upperbody premix..and either MM abs or a CM premix...Ok -- now I have committed...

Wendy-- idea for you: maybe you can think of running a 10 K instead of 5 K race and think more about endurance than speed because you "claim" (thought I don't believe you) that you are slow. Since you are thinking about having #2 sometime soon and adding a child IMO is an endurance event, maybe that would be a fun thing to do -- get a training plan for working up to a 10K race. If you don't register for a race, just run your own?? (Am I too Mr. Rogers, here?)

Katrina & Cathy--I'll get the padded envelope and we can send our DOMS to Adri!!

Cathy-- my DS has a great Lang. Arts teacher this year for 8th grade. They are doing a lot of reading & writing. They're going to read The Little Prince soon. I love that book.

Adri-- have a good day at school. You don't need to trade places with any of us granny-cheetahs. You are doing great being the 8th grade athlete/student you are. It's good enough to be your age and do a good job at it -- which you are!! You're doing great.... Good luck with indoor track!

Judy--is it your group run today outside? Hope you're doing well.

Carole -- what's on tap for you today?

Christine--what's the date of your half coming up soon? take photos of the race and if you have a California Cheetah GTG.

Hi to Gayle (how was your race? where are you girl?), Elaine -- the taper officially starts today? Laurie, Mattea, Colleen, Pamela, Shelly C, Jess, Laura, Natalie, Susan, and everybody else checking in later...

have a great monday,
Barb

:) :) :)

Good Morning All!

Bocce was a blast! And the food was incredible – too good- so I have my work cutout for me today! I’m going to do a 5/6 mile training run (or just found out I have to wait for the fence guy, so I may end up doing Spinervals – we’ll see) followed by P90X Chest and Back. I have another interview at a different company at 11:00AM this morning, but that gives me plenty of time. This is a very small company, but it’s also very close by – ride my bike and not even get a good workout close, so we’ll see.

Cathy – I love DOMs too – if it’s not TOO bad. I love that slightly sore feeling from knowing I’ve worked out. PH tends to do a bit more, though! You’re a middle school teacher? I admire you! That is a challenging age group – no offense Adri – you’re not included in that.

Adri – Have a great day at school

Wendy – Glad to hear you enjoyed your Indian food! I could never work out after Indian Food – I’d feel as if I were carrying a bowling ball in my belly! I love trail runners! They are usually very friendly. In Bocce we did okay – our team tied one, won one and lost one, but the team we lost to went on to win the “championship”. It was just a good time.

Katrina – Hills do get the legs, don’t they?! I’m feeling it a bit in my quads from my run on Friday!

Barb – My Half is October 8th. I’m really looking forward to it! I think I need one more long run – I want to do 11 miles on Friday, then I’ll start a taper. Photos? Absolutely!

Enjoy your Monday everyone!

G'morning Cheetahs! Another rest day for me, this is killin' me!! I will do my Pilates & maybe a short Baron Baptiste yoga & stretch though. It's rainy so no worries about doing too much outside! :p

I had a funny experience at church last night. We had a special speaker from a Bible college & he was talking about *running the race* & comparing our Christian lives to running a marathon. We need to *run with patience* and be strong (although by being strong, he was also talking about being strong mentally & scripturally). It was soooo appropriate. He also mentioned that a marathon could be agonizing just like in life when things happen that can be painful. Anyway, afterwards I went to introduce myself to him & told him that I would be thinking of his words as I was in *agony* next weekend running a marathon. His jaw dropped & he said he was amazed at anyone that could run that far. My kids were all 3 right there & said he was also amazed that I had 3 kids & said I deserved a medal. I told him that I'd get my finishers medal when I crossed the finish line. ;-) Anyway, just thought that was kinda funny & thought some of you would get a kick out of that!! :)

OK, Allison wants to play some games & I have the usual Monday CleanMax to do!! Sorry I've been lax on the personals lately, I'll try to catch up later! I am reading & drooling at your weight workoust though!!!! Must wait til after the marathon & save my energy... that's my motto this week.....

Good morning!

My workout will be elliptical, core and maybe some lower body weight work. I have not settled it in my mind what I want to do this week as far as lifting goes. I think I'll just go with what I feel like doing when it's time to get started.

Cathy, I have done PH only once and don't know why it was just that one time. My favorite full body workout is Muscle Max. Do you have both? If so, do you prefer one over the other?

Adri, Have a great day in school!

Wendy, My marathon is October 7..... 19 days from now! You might not think that you are a fast runner now but the speed will come. I mean, aren't you faster now than when you started a couple of months ago?

Katrina, I can't remember the last time I did any of Cathe's cardio workouts. But that's good because next time I do one it will be new and fresh!

Barb, Yup, I'm officially tapering! It will take some work to force myself to tone it down in the next couple of weeks.

Carole, Yes, my mother is definately a piece of work! We were at my brother's yesterday and she was in her element. To me just a bit too cheerful given the circumstances. I told my DH that if I am ever sick to the point that I need to be taken care of do NOT call in my mother!! Don't think I need to worry about that though because the tow of them are not particularly close. LOL! Question: I'm curious how you taper your lifting when coming up on an endurance event.

Christine, So when are you getting the furniture so we can have a get together? I like to feel just a bit of DOMS too. Our races are getting closer! Are you excited? Have I asked you this a million times already?

Jess, Six more days? Whoo hoo!!! Hang in there, the rest will pay off big time!

Good morning to everyone else!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...rest days are good. I am thinking I need one...:)

Adri...sounds like you worked your biceps well. Have a good day at school.

Wendy...in my immediate family just me and my sister run, but her DH and her 2 kids run a bit too, so it is really in her family...:)

Katrina...sorry about your legs and sore feet...if you decide to work out have a good one..:)

Barb...lots of DOMS here today! Enjoy your upper body workout. Not sure about my workout today...most likely the Elliptical and some Yoga...

Christine...good luck with the interview. Are you having a new fence built? Good workout.

Jess...that was a nice story about church. It is true that there are people out there that cannot imagine running as far as a marathon. When one of my clients told her DH I ran 26.2 miles he said "No one runs that far!!"....makes me laugh!! Enjoy your active rest day..

I will do something on my Elliptical and maybe some yoga. I am just feeling a bit tired...

Have a good day...:)

Elaine...we posted at the same time!! That is too bad about your Mom...we cannot pick our families....darn!!....:)

Mostly I cut back on lower body, from like 3 days a week to 1 or 2 and go lighter on the weight. Depending on how I feel I still do upper body 2-3 times a week, but never heavy. Like most of this stuff it can be tough to find out what works for you. You have trained your body well, enjoy your taper, you deserve it...:)

Carole - Thanks! I know this company - I worked with them in my old company. Our fence in the backyard is falling down, so we needed to get the fencing guy in to fix it. Our neighbor in back of us is splitting the cost with us. How was your run with your neice? I love that so many members of your family run! What a great inspiration you and your sister are!

Jess - I love that story! One more week! I'll bet you're bouncing off walls!! I'll definitely be thinking of you this weekend!

Elaine - I'm excited, yes! You can ask all you want! I'm so happy your 20 mile run went really, really well! You must be walking on air now!

Christine...that I bet will help knowing the company a bit!...Nice your neighbors will split the cost of the fence. The run with my neice was fun. My sister had misjudged the distance and told Amy (my neice) she would only run 4 miles...but it ended up being more like 6 or 7 for her!...Amy is not really a distance runner, but she didn't complain about the extra miles. She completed her first mini tri in Colorado right before she moved back to Calif a couple of weeks ago. Thank you for the nice compliment...:)

Well Good Day Cheetahs :7

I have been MIA this wekend due to 'life.' But I did get in an interval bike session on Saturday along with lawn mowing. Sunday was rest day.

Today I ran 7.8 miles on a new route; I did it alone and just went along at an easy pace. It was planned to be 7.0, but I felt good and continued on for an 0.8 mile loop at the end. I still need to do a few of the PT exercises and clean Max. I did get my part my cleanning of it done befroe the run though.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Hi Cheetahs,
I ended up doing the Timesaver premix on GS Chest & Tri-- fun.
Then I did HSC abs with my old firm stick...also fun

Elaine--thanks for reminding me of the date of your marathon. Your mom sounds difficult. I like Carole's efficient strategy of avoiding those family members who sap the positive vibe out of the room like a dementer in Harry Potter. That elliptical is a great tool. I used one last Friday at a gym connected to where my DS swims. I only did 20 minutes since I haven't used one in awhile, but really enjoyed it. How do you measure pace on it? Strides or RPM??

Christine--good luck with the interview and your workout today. I think it's nice your neighbor is splitting the fence cost. I have the date of your half written down now. Thanks. I'm excited for you . You are going to do great!!!!

Jess- Great story about metaphor of life and spirituality and running. I love that. Good luck with Cleanmax. That's on my Monday to-do list, too. Your marathon is truly around the corner. How are you feeling about it? I know you'll do great?

Judy-Nice job on 7.8 miles. That's a long way. Glad your hip is cooperating. The movie-video creation we did for the party weekend turned out really nicely. How's swimming going for your DD? Our new merged club is going well so far. My kids are happy and learning a lot. The beginning is always fun because there's not a lot of pressure yet....There's a board meeting tonight and I am going to attend per your advice. Thank you for the push to get more involved!!

Carole--the elliptical sounds like a good choice for feeling tired. I think it's so cool you ran with your niece. What yoga did you end up picking? I am thinking of buying some Baron Baptiste because I don't seem to use Mr. YP tapes as much as I should because of the length and no chaptering....which is probably the wrong attitude to have about yoga, but....

Ok, off to showerMax, CleanMax and clear-the-pile-on-my-desk-max.

Have a great day!
-Barb

:) :) :)

Good morning Cheetahs!

I am not sure how my day is going to be. My oldest daughter Melissa, who is 7 woke up throwing up this morning. So, she is home so I will be doing a home workout today. I am going to try to get in Circuit Max. I LOVE that workout. I have definitley been on the eating trail again. I have got to get my act together. I do really well for a couple of days and then I go on a binge. I am really going to try to figure out what triggers that.

Cathy, enjoy your run and I am the one who asked what you do. That must be very rewarding being a teacher. How long have you been a teacher?

Adri, have a great day at school little Cheetah!

Wendy, I hope you enjoyed your lunch. I hate when I have to take an unscheduled rest day, but life gets in the way sometimes, dangit! What is your workout today?

Jess, I can't believe your marathon is so soon. You must be so excited!!! I think it will be a long while before I attempt a marathon. I will stick to my half first. Great story about the marathon sermon last night at church. Life really is like training for a marathon sometimes.

Barb, great workout! What is slideboarding?

Katrina, enjoy your strength training workout. Are you ready for another 10k or something else?

Christine, sounds like you enjoyed your dinner last night. I have never heard of Bocce. Is that in San Jose. I am always up for new restaurant ideas. BTW, I broke our clean eating deal. I am back on track now though.

Carole, I am feeling a bit tired this morning as well. Enjoy your workout and yoga. Yoga actually sounds really good right now. I am going to a workshop on October 22nd that Bryan Kest is leading. I am so excited!!!

Elaine, sounds like a great workout this morning. How many marathons have you run? Muscle Max is also my FAVE full body workout.

Judy, nice run! I really like a slow pace when I do my long runs. I think that 8 miles is the perfect run.

Barb, have a great day! I never use my timesaver premix on GS. I should try that, because sometimes I dread doing so many chest flys.

Hello to everyone else and have a great Monday!

Susan

I'm done with my workout...I did S&L upper body and abs and then a 5k TM run. For the run I started at my usual pace of 5.5. I ran at 5.5 for a mile, 5.8 for a mile and then 6.0 but I forget how far I went at that speed until I kicked up the speed by .1 every minute until I reached 6.5 and my 5k distance. The 5k took me 31.59 minutes which is a new PR for me even on the TM!:) After that I brought my speed down to 4.0, "rested" for a minute and then walked an 8% incline for 5 minutes just to give my legs that extra added boost!}(

Tomorrow I am planning on a spin class (haven't taken one is a while!) and possibly lower body work as well.

I'll be back later with personals...have to grab a shower and do some chores around the house while DS is sleeping cause when he gets up I have to go food shopping!

WBBL!:)

Hi Susan--
Sorry about your DD. Kids can always throw that surprise monkey wrench into the day (Grrr...) Circuit max is a great work out.

Slideboarding is where I put booties on over my shoes and slide back and forth/like speed skating, on a laminate board. I got the board after my PT recommended it as part of rehabbing my hip a few years ago. It's a nice way to work the glutes & outer/inner thighs while doing cardio. I think it's helped me not get re-injured.

About eating: maybe you aren't fueling and refueling after your bigger/more intense workouts so you get a delayed reaction from your body saying: Feed me!
This happens to me. If I'm a little short on nutrition after a long run or I didn't have a really solid post-run meal with some protein and complex carbs-- and my appetite is suppressed after a long run to that makes it hard to do sometimes, I know that if I don't eat enough then in the next 24-36 hours, I get pay back 2-3 days later where I'm eating through the plastic bag to get to the pretzls I shouldn't be eating......

Have a great day!!
-Barb

I am back and Circuit Max is done. I have to say that is was easy today. I am kind of disappointed because I wanted a intense workout and I thought that would do it. It must be the almonds and blueberries I had for breakfast:)

Barb, thanks for the input. Ever since I have been running longer distances my food intake is all screwy. I have not been fueling it properly afterwards and then I am bingeing, thinking it is okay since I burned a gazillion calories. I tend to overeat when I think I can get away with it. It is a daily struggle for me. I really have never had to worry about my weight, so I have always gotten away with it. As I get older though, I don't feel well after I overeat and my workouts suffer from it. I just need to stop and think about what my body needs instead of shoveing food into it.

Melissa is feeling better now. She is starting to bounce off the walls. That is a good sign;)

Susan

Susan,

Glad to hear your daughter is on the mend. Sick kids just aren't any fun. :-( Good luck with your eating...that is always the tough part for me as well!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.