..:: CHEETAHS ::.. Monday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, everyone! :)

Got an insomnia sitchy-ation here, hence the ungodly hour for posting.

Dallas ::
congrats10.gif

Fabulous time--and you had so little sleep! How do you feel today? I can imagine doing the driving was tough afterward. I say: massage time! :)

Gloria :: thanks for the recipe...it looks reallllly good. I'm going to have to give it a go this week...All three kids with PhDs...wow! That's a high-achieving family.

Jackie :: Glad to hear your mom is doing well. Our temps have cooled off, too. Wish it would stay that way.

Christine :: You sure had a marathon return trip home! But what a welcoming you received from Jimmy. :)

I opted to do NOTHING yesterday workout-wise, but it's back to the plan today. I'll be doing the WU + Power Circuits from BM2.

Have a superb day!

hi everyone! glad to report i made it back from the rt without delays, although EXTREMELY sleep-deprived. so, i ended up falling asleep around 8:30! :eek:

i didn't even get to look at any of the threads! i would say i'll catch up today at work, but since they've BLOCKED THE FORUMS, :mad::mad::mad: guess i won't be doing that!!! :mad::mad::mad:

anyway, i will catch up at some point. i think i am going to take today off even though i actually feel like working out. i think the lack of sleep coupled with lots of working out might lead to a cold if i don't take it easy. i have a bit of a sore throat, congestion thing going.

wt-sorry to see you had insomnia issues. i HATE that!

i was SOOOOOO excited to be able to hang with wendi and wendy (altho she kinda shunned me...;) jk) this weekend and spend a leetle time with cathy. hopefully, there will be a time when us cheetahs can have a gtg.

okay, going to go get ready for work leisurely. i might actually like that! :p:p

MWAH!

Oops! I totally forgot to send out some good wishes to Christine on her special day!!

cake2.gif

Hope it's fantastic!

Lorie :: hope you can ward off that cold.

I am up too. Let's just say . . . dogs. ;)

Dallas: WAY TO GO GIRL!! My last half I didn't sleep much either. So when are you doing a full??? ;)

Christine: Welcome home!! You will be happy to know I have been on my bike and thinking of you! Glad you had a nice time. :) You are giving me a hankering for white chicken chili!

Lorie: I saw some of the RT pics and you look fabulous! I do not blame you for not working out today. Nice to have you back. :)

Cathy: My previous post was wrong. . . two of their children are MDs and one is a PhD. Yes, wonderful achievements. They told their kids the sky is the limit. I think I will use that line in my class this year. I am one to give life lesson talks from time to time even though I know I am not that old. We are mandated by the state to teach a social skills program. Like we have time for that, but anyway, that is the time when I digress to them. With the lasagna...I added some extra cayenne pepper. I loved it, but DH was like YIKES! :D

I have to call the vet to get the dogs in for shots and what not. Hopefully he can get us in today. Pip and I fell asleep on the couch together. I wish you all could meet her, she is so sweet and nice. DH and I took them out for a romp in a meadow yesterday and they had a blast! I will be working out to who knows what. Have a nice day everyone! :)

Good Monday Cheetahs:eek::D

Dallas- Congratulations on your race yesterday!!!!!! I hope you get in some extra good stretching today

!!Happy Birthday!! and welcome home Christine :cool: Delays are never fun and teenagers cane be less tolerant at times. Wow you really got right back into home mode quickly yesterday~ nice going :eek:

Cathy- I am sorry about the insomnia. How do you feel after the massage? I never did get in a workout yesterday either, but it was my one day completely off. (not even golf)

HI Gloria your recipe sounds yummy!

Welcome back road trippers Wendy and Lorie. Was there some special announcement that the July RT people kept quiet ?

Carole thanks for the answers about the nutrition software. At some point I may join up, but right now I am interested in getting another KB DVD from Art of Strength. I'll have to wait.

Lorie I have spent a good deal of time reading YAWYE and I am adding in *some * of her concepts, like buying sprouted bread (Ezekial). The sprout recommendation intrigues me. But buying them already grown is expensive. Over the years my food choices have gotten better, but there is still so much more that can be improved. However, I am not interested in taking supplememts even to get some blue green algae.

Today is a run or EXT, my PF has been back for a few weeks. It return every golf season. And hopefully some kind of weights. Ok GTG, DS is not answering the call to get moving for work.

Good Morning Girls.

I feel a leetle drunk right now. My sleeping patterns are all messed up from the RT! I got a normal night's sleep last night and my body has no idea what to do. LOL I feel like I would if I took too long of a nap! Might need an extra cup of coffee this morning. ;)

Well I kept saying today would be a rest day but I am going to play it by ear. I can't do anything now cause I didn't get up early enough to sneak it in before DS gets up but I just MIGHT do an upper body work out at nap time. I'll have to see how I feel.

So I re-purchased IMAX 3 on the RT this weekend. I must be some kind of sadist! LOL Now that I bought it, I HAVE to do it. YIKES! Perhaps not THIS week but I will get to it...I promise. :eek:

Christine: Welcome home and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! :)
Sorry about your very long trip home with 2 cranky teen girls. I can only imagine how draining THAT must've been. :eek: I STILL have a tendancy to act like a cranky teenage girl! LOL :p

Lorie: OH NO, I hope you don't get sick! That would be a complete bummer! Hey, I saved you from total embarrassment in the step class, remember? I think that TOTALLY makes up for any shunning that may have taken place. :p;)

Cathy: I can't blame you for taking yesterday off from working out. So TFH agrees that yesterday's meditatemax was the answer. Stunning, isn't it? :p

Gloria: How sweet to fall asleep with the pup. Romping in the meadow sounds fun! Glad they enjoyed it.

Looks like I'm good to go here. Off to peruse the rest of the forums....BBIAB.

Last edited:
Hey Judy! Posting at the same time! Nope, no announcement. Do you remember the 5 minutes of fame that Cathe did on another RT? Well, she expanded on that idea and instead of just allowing a few people to step with her on stage (as if in a video), she gave EVERYONE the chance. She put out 5 steps and everyone who wanted to do it lined up. You got 20-25 seconds for each group. This way everyone had the chance.

Good Morning Cheetah Ladies! :eek:

Dallas – WAY TO GO!!!!! What a great time, too, especially for a first! Wow! Hope your feeling better today! Nothing like a long car drive to help you stiffen up nicely, eh?

Wendi – Good Luck with your LAST *does happy dance* horse show of the year! I so loved seeing your photo. You’re just too cute!

Judy – I agree, all of the ladies are gorgeous! I find with the Cathe Nutrition that I spend more time on the front end putting together my meals – I input everything (b,l,d and snacks) for a week, then tweak as I go. It’s easier for me that way. It’s similar to Sparkpeople, but I like that it really gives the nutritional breakdown. Thanks for the birthday wishes! As DH had to help DD19 move, getting everything settled was on me – but I would rather be busy than sit around.

Cathy – Thanks for the b-day wishes! WTG on your RUN!!! Wow! 16 miles! Amazing! I had fun IMing with you yesterday! ITA with the body gliding every inch. It so helps! Glad you had fun with the Cabbers! And ALL of you look gorgeous! Enjoy your workout today!

Karen – I haven’t been posting, but I have been reading and your mom has been in my thoughts and prayers. Glad to hear the news is better, but I so totally understand that anything having to do with cancer is scary! She’ll remain in my prayers. A 3.12 is not bad – think about what most people would get! But, it is an eye opener, isn’t it?

Carole – I have issues with the Omega 6, too. I usually get B’s. Great job on the 3.86! And here I thought I was doing well with a 3.77 today! Hope your run was enjoyable yesterday! So nice to see you running long distances again!

Jackie – Hope you had a nice rest day! Too cool about your marathoner neighbor! I’m quite happy with my half marathons, thank you! :p

Wendy – you looked so happy in the photo Cathy posted. You’re too cute. I’m so glad you had a great time at the RT!! How fun! Thanks for the b-day wishes! Too funny about you acting like a cranky teenaged girl – I think we all have those moments.

Gloria – I hate crabby days! Hope you’re feeling better! That Mexican Lasagna looks wonderful! Glad yesterday and Saturday were better! Glad you can bike now. I’m a cyclist at heart, but I enjoy running, too. It’s nice to have options. I love chicken chili. Enjoy your pups! :D Glad Pip is so sweet – I would love to meet her!

Lorie – welcome back! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!! I can’t wait to hear all about it!

Good to be back and starting a normal day today. I think I’m going to do P90X + Total Body and Spinervals Zoot Challenge today. We’ll see how that works as my legs are sore from my hike yesterday. DH is making me his “famous” pasta – basically linguine in a red sauce with clams, mussels and shrimp. It’s very good. So, I’m excited. We celebrated my b-day in North Carolina with a cake DD15 made, so I think I can skip the cake. My coworkers are taking me to lunch today, too. It should be a fun day. Have a great one all!!!! So happy to be back!

Gloria :: Hope the vet can get you in this morning. Enjoy whatever work out you opt for.

Judy :: I guess insomnia on a day off isn't too bad. I'm envisioning a little cat nap in my future. :) I am a little sore today in the forearms, delts, and traps, but I think it's from the volleyball, not the massage. I've decided I'll be going a little more frequently during this latter part of the training schedule...Hope you can keep the PF in check.

Wendy :: LMBO re: the TFH response. :) Love it! Hope you can shake the sleep hangover.

Birthday Girl :: You all are making me laugh with the friendly GPA competition...So Carole's the valedictorian and you're the salutatorian and I'm the flunkie at the bottom. *lol* :) :) :) Your b'day celebrations sound fun. (Would you believe I accidentally typed FOOD instead of FUN? No kidding. Does that tell ya where my head is at?) Anywho, yes, IMing was fun. We have to do that again sometime!

Quick post for me. I'm not sure if I will get back on today or not. My dad is having his stomach anyersm surgery today and my mom just called and they are going to keep him overnight. I'm glad they are. He isn't the picture of nutrition so I'm glad someone other than my mom will keep an eye on him. I'm going to the hospital with the girls to sit with my mom until he is up in his room.

Today I did an endurance body bar workout. I have a 5k on Sun so my week is shorter with my runs and then I pick up full speed for the half. The knee is still funky but is much better than when I went on vacation. I have to say ice baths are the best. I had a ocean bath after ever run and the water was cold. It felt so good on my knee and that is why I think it is doing better. For someone who has to scoot I'm certainly running off at the mouth.

Cathy- Somedays you do have to opt to do nothing. It gets you motivated for what's ahead. Maybe that why you had the insomnia. Your body didn't know what to do with the rest. LOL

Carole- I'm loving the nutrition software. I really am surprised at the lack of minerals. Apparantly I need to get some wheat germ. I'm going to stop by the natural food store and get some on my way to the hospital.

Wendy- I'm so glad you had such fun on the road trip. I'm so jealous of all that got to go. I would love to have went. Maybe next year. Heck I'm only in MD ,you would think I would at least visit her gym. From mapquest it's on 90 min away.

Gloria- Fall days. i love that kind of weather. I hope it holds up. I am a fall kind of girl and am waiting for the leaves to chage now. Running is the best in the fall.

Chrisitne- Back to normal for us both. Now that I'm home it seems like I never went away. Happy Birthday. Did you get anything good. I always tell dh to get me some type of sweat outfit for the fall. I don't think I own but two dress. The rest of my wardrobe is outfitted by nike and addidas.

Dallas- Oh my goodness. Is all I can say. You did awesome. i can't wait to hear a full race report.

Lorie-Hope you not coming down with something. Maybe it's just lack of sleep. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Judy- Have a great time today. Dh is the golfer in our family. He plays as often as he can. When we were down the ocean I could even see him eyeing the green on the minature golf course.

For all other I missed. Have a great day and workout. Hope to be back tongiht.

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...so Helga must have relocated!...:D...I think that was a good idea you didn't work out after the massage yesterday. Enjoy BM2 today.

Christine...
confetti.gif
...LOL about Jimmy happy to see you. I bet you are glad to be home. I have been Olympic watching too. I was so happy to get that high GPA! it really feels good to be eating right again. And taking less vitamins as I am getting in the RDA by the food I eat! Yes, it felt good to get in the 12 miles. Enjoy P90X TB and Spinervals. Have a great day at work!

Lorie...glad you had a great time at the RT. Hope you get rested today.

Judy...you are welcome. I think the nutrition software is great, and has really helped me.

Wendy...welcome back. Did you take any RT pics? Imax 3 is a tough one!

Jackie...so did you watch all the great swimming last night!! I felt bad for our Gymnastic girls.

Karen...my 1st day with the nutrition software was a 2.86!! You will do better, it just takes some time.

Gloria...I bet our DH's would get along well...Sounds like a nice visit with the retired Dr. Good job on the 6 miles and arm work.

Dallas...
4.gif
th_congratulationss.gif
on the great time for your 1st HM!!!

I am stopping my P90X rotation as I am in the mood for more weight work. I will be doing GS for a few weeks. Today is GS BSB and a 3-4 mile run.

Have a great day...:)

Karen :: will be thinking of your dad today...hope everything goes smoothly w/ his operation...Oh no, don't confuse me w/ Shelly or Wendy or Carole or...well, everybody else on this thread. My body knows how to handle rest! *lol* This morning's insomnia was brought on by my bladder, actually! In retrospect, I'm *very* glad I bagged the bells 'cuz my forearms DOMS are really burnin' now!...Fall running is my favorite, too...*lol* about your DH eyeballing the mini-golf course. :)

Carole :: Helga was probably out scraping up the road in preparation for the scrapple! I think it was good, too, that I skipped the workout. I could've nudged myself to do something, but as mentioned to Karen, I now have some arms & back DOMS going on and feel a liiittle bit achy in my lower legs. So, I'm thinking I worked pretty hard on Saturday...two rest days for the week is fine. Enjoy BSB & your run.

Chicago-bound cheetahs ~ I was in touch with the Livestrong marathon coordinator today, and get this: Lance is running Chicago! She said it's too early to tell what his schedule will be like and whether there might be the opportunity for a gathering with the Livestrong team...but how AWESOME would that be? Now THAT will get me over the finish! Oh, and friends and family are welcome to join the Livestrong post-race tent. :) :) :)

Dad is out of surgery and all went well. We came home because they sent us home. They said he would be in recovery for 4 hours and to call back later and visit him tonight. We can get him early in the morning. Doctors said they mostly want him to stay for the nurses to keep and eye on him so he cant' smoke. Two anyersm, stints, and the man still wont' quit. We all went rounds with him but he is very tough and old school. He has been smoking since he was 9 so you can imagine the fight we are up against. Doctors said he could easliy stop all the stints if he would quit. He was smoking more now then ever with my mom's diagnosis. I feel bad for him but I do know it is his choice and not mine. I think that is why I never smoked. The good thing is my kids can see what smoking does first hand so I pray to God this will impact them when they get older. Now two of my sisters smoke and two of us dont' . Mind you the two that do also never work out or eat well. Anyway enough of my rant.

Cathy- How cool would that be to see Lance. Maybe Matthew MCconahagy will join him.

UGH! I typed a post and I hit "Preview Post" and logged off. UGH!!! The phone rang, so I was distracted. Normally, I can chew bubble gum and walk at the same time. LOL! Anyway, dh is almost home and we promised to take the kids out for a bit. I'll come back afterwards. However, wanted to say THANK YOU and loved the flashy signs!!! :D Also, Happy Birthday to Christine!! and ((((HUGS))) and prayers to Karen.

~BBL

Karen :: glad the surgery went well for your dad...too bad he is so stubborn on this...I know how hard it is to see someone you love not take care of themselves...but perhaps there is still hope he may come around...OMG, love the way you think! If MM were there, too, I just might have a stroke!!! Ha-ha-hawwwwwt!!

Hi Dallas!

I took a long nap, will eat something, and then get to the BM2 mosh early this evening.

Karen...Glad your Dad's surgery went well. You know, everyone in my family smoked except me. It is sad to see what smoking can do to you..:(..I hope your kids never smoke too. I have never tried an ice bath. Probably too scared! I have problems with the Omega 6, and Potassium (but I think their RDA is too high)

Cathy...YUK, now I am gagging thinking about Helga!
greenpuke.gif
Now that is way cool Lance will be in Chicago!!!

It felt so good to be back to lifting weights again!! And the good news...I am down 3.5 more lbs!!! I think this nutrition software is Da Bomb!!! :D:eek::D

Fly by post just to say hello, report my work out which was GBG Arms, Abs, Stretch plus I added in chest and back work after the arms work out since there is no such animal in the GBG collection. Nice mellow work out. I'm taking a break from intense weights this week.

So I ate one serving of walnuts this morning and with whatever else I ate that might have had some omegas in it I am officially OVER the limit for both omega 3 and 6! LOL I can't win! I changed it to a half serving of walnuts just to see and that brought me to straight A's for those 2 so perhaps I will eat only 1/2 a serving per day from now on. Too funny.

Okay, gotta run...time to bowl! Hope to BBL!

Carole :: WOO-HOO on the 3.5 down! Send me some of those GPA vibes of yours, please! :) :) :)

Wendy :: good luck @ bowling. Will there be "lemons" on the menu? ;) :D

I just finished my BM2 mosh: WU, step combo #1, the power circuits, and abs. Now it's off to get showered off real quick and catch the Caylee coverage on Nancy Grace.

Good night, all!

Evening!

My legs feel pretty good. After I type this I'm going to stretch more and sit in our new massage chair. I just may fall asleep in it.;) I forgot about it until now. Dh just reminded me. It was delivered as DD and I were leaving for Chicago. :) Anyway, my knees are the achiest part and I've never **knocks on wood** had knee trouble. I hope that it's the shock that hasn't worn off! ha ha

Cathy ~ That's awesome about Lance! You're right that would get you over the finish line! I was watching the Caylee coverage in the hotel room a bit. That is such a sad & bizarre story. Did they say anything new since Sat, night? I haven't watched the news since Sat. Hope you get some good zzzz's tonight.

Wendy ~ Wow about the walnuts! I better get my trial membership and check things out soon. I, too, eat walnuts and salmon. I wonder what happens if you get too much omega? What's GBG now? LOL I'll keep it low intensity this week as well. Have fun bowling!:) lol'd about your Imax 3 comment. I have to say I really enjoy that one, but it's been a long time since I've done it. Yeah, not this week. LOL

Karen ~ I know all too well about what happens when someone you love smokes. My mom smoked for 40 years. She had all sorts of health issues one of them being PAD. After her legs were amputated she just couldn't recover. :( I never smoked either. Glad his surgery went well. :)

Carole ~ WTG on the 3.5 pounds!!! You all are real enablers. :p Thank you for the sincere email! :D I know what you mean about P90X. I was so happy to get back to the GS series too.

Lorie ~ Cant wait to hear about the RT. Another sleep deprived Cheetah! Good idea to take a rest day. Do you have allergies? It seems allergy sufferers around here anyway are having a heck of a time. Sorry about the forum being blocked. :( Did you post pictures anywhere? I've seen the thumbnail's at the top of the forum.

Gloria ~ Well, originally I was joining our dear Cathy. However, with all that's going on I think I'll wait on the full. I hope to join the Cheetahs in the future for another one though!! Wouldn't that be fun??!!! I'll still go to Chicago in October! :D To see Lance....er Cathy! ;):D So, what workout did you decide to do? The "meadow" comment sounds funny! Sure wish we lived near one. It sounds so peaceful where you live. :) You know the other reason I didn't sleep..I was in the bathroom at least 6 times during the night!!! I may have over-hydrated the day before the race! LOL How's Pip? How many days before you go back to school?

Judy ~ Sorry about the PF. :( Yep, I was sure to stretch this AM. How's the golf season going?

Christine ~ Welcome back! Wow, IA with Judy, you got right back into the swing of things! How sweet of your dh (dinner) and dd (cake)! You have a wonderful family.:) Now that you mentioned the Zoot challenge, I never did order that. I've got to get on that!!! Hope you're having an awesome birthday celebration tonight!

Hi to Posh, Wendi, Jackie, Linda, Shelly, Sunny and any Cheetah I may have missed. I'll slowly catch up on the goings on here again. I'm caught up with today's thread. ;)

ETA: I saw a shirt at the running expo on Sat that said, "Running is cheaper than therapy!" How true!! I should have bought it! They also had this super small running pouch that would be perfect for gels, keys, etc. I didn't buy it because I had just bought a pair of Race Ready shorts. What do you ladies use? Also, found out about Nuun tablets. I liked it because it was easy to use. I drank that leading up to the race. Not a bad taste either.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.