::::CHEETAHS - Monday::::

Good Morning Cheetahs! http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Drinks/drinking-45.gif[/IMG]

So I am working this morning and then I'll be stopping at the post office to mail off the first batch of resumes! YIKES!http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Others/others-245.gif[/IMG] After that and some lunch my plan is to tackle X Shoulders and Arms. That should kick my butt nicely. LOL

Cathy: LOL, love the smiley you found for me! The DOMS kicked in just a tad more and I can still feel it this morning. }(

Jackie: So how did the furniture shopping go. Nice 8 mile run. I have 9.5 on tap for this weekend...I'm askeered!

Amy: Inner thigh DOMS is a GOOD thing. It happens to be one of my "trouble" spots. ;)

K, I'll be back!:)

Hi Beloved Cheetahs!

It was a busy weekend here for us. DH and I hosted a dinner party ofr his partners and we had some family stay with us ( who joined the party too) Sunday was a bridal shower for a dear niece. The dinner party was quite the deal, we made so much food ( lamb chops, cedar planed salmon, risotto, Caesar salad, a grilled veggie platter, bruschetta, cookies and a flour less chocolate cake. This was the first time we had DH's partners over since we moved a year ago. Yesterday after the shower, and DS hockey game I got in a short run and then allowed some down time. I did manage to get in 8 miles on Saturday morning before the big food preparation marathon.

Cathy- are you following WW now? Those frozen lunches can be real helpful, I used to add extra veggies to them .

Wendy- I will keep you in my prayers for the quest for a PT position!

Shelly- You career change sound like a good move. I remember the ICU nurses needing to get out of intensive care after a period of time and it was usually less than 26 years! My own career in critical care Respiratory Care was cut short naturally by parenting and a DH who was a resident. We needed one of us to parent regularly since we had no family in town. I often think about getting back in the work force, but never seem to do anything about it. I have a strong interest in wellness and nutrition.

Carole- no walking on a 10 mile trail run is fantastic. I believe the Chi method is helping. It really helps me to concentrate on the forward lean when I am tired.

Jackie & Kristi - Hi :)

I have changed my long run day to Friday or Saturday and am trying to do yoga on Thursdays. Just this little change makes a difference. I was doing my long run and Mondays and trying to do many domestic chores on Monday also and the schedule was mentally tough to achieve because of time constraints and family commitments. ( Driving kids) So this feels like it might go a bit smoother.

BTW get this. I put 360 miles on my car in less than a week just taxiing kids ! My 16 you DD needs to get her drivers license for my sanity!

Today will be a circuit or Kick box WO.

[font color=red][font size=+2]Judy "Likes2bfit"[/font]

Good morning all! I'm up early to get in a long run before it heats up, although it's only supposed to get up to 79-80 today:) I'll be headed to my favorite lakeside trail for an 18 mile run. I'll check back in later today and let y'all know how it went.

Amy- Good job on the run today and I hope your work week goes smoothly.

Wendy- The Resumes out out!!! :7 :7 I don't think it'll be long before you'll be getting a job offer. Hey, whatcha skeered of?-- 9.5 lil ol miles??? Just relax and take your time :) :)

Judy- Thank you for your kind words re: career change decision. I doubt I'll do it all at once but more likely will go down to part time work in the ICU. Anyway, have to get certified first and I'm looking at early next year for that hopefully. Your dinner party sounded delicious :9 Great job fitting in the long run!!!

Jackie- great job on your long run also! Hope your week is a better one.

Gotta go.... BBL

ShellyC

Good morning cheetahs

Amy...good job on the early run!

Wendy...looks like we are tackling the same weight workout.

Judy..wow, all that food makes me hungry! Sounds like a good weekend. I think it is a bit harder to do the Chi method on this kind of a trail. Very rocky, but I really concentrated on my form during the last few miles. Yes, I do hope your 16 yr old DD gets her license soon to help you out! Enjoy your workout.

Shelly...good luck on the 18 miler! We might get a bit warmer than you but the mornings are wonderful.

Jackie..the trail run was fun. Yes, the temps are still cool. Good job on the 8 miles. What room are you looking to refurnish with the new furniture?

I still have some DOMS from B&G!! I am planning on a 4 mile run and then P90X S&A and abs.

Have a great day...:)

Thanks for all of the birthday wishes! My birthday began by waking up before 6:30 a.m. on Saturday to go help some daycare workers with their yard sale for 1 1/2 hours. The proceeds are going to another teacher whose husband killed himself a few weeks ago. They have a 3 year old son and a baby due in a couple weeks. I donated all of the items I was going to use for my own yard sale, which was 2 truckloads and a trailer filled with stuff. The teacher is the sweetest person and only 28. I can't imagine having to raise 2 small children by myself. Anyway, they are really poor and I'm sure the money will be put to good use. Afterwards Xander and I went back home and we got him dressed and ready for his first soccer game. He did so well, especially for never playing before. The rest of the day was busy, mostly cleaning and doing stuff around the house. There just isn't enough time during the week to do everything, especially now since Xander is in school and has homework every night for about 30 minutes. It is hard to fit everything in, so the housework has to be let go until the weekend. All in all, it was a good weekend and birthday, even though we couldn’t do much. Initially I tried to get a babysitter for the kids so DH and I could go out for lunch at Olive Garden, but our normal babysitter was in GA and my other backups were working the yard sale. There is no way I was going to take my 2 year old DD to a restaurant. She will not sit still for anything, so we opted to stay home instead.

Last night, was a turning point in Chelsea’s training. I actually ran her around the block (1/2 mile). She did so well. In the past she would pull so hard on the gentle leader, but last night she was great 3/4 of the time and stayed right by my side. I can’t wait to be able to run with her some more. Today during lunch I hope to take her for another ½ miler and see how she does. If she does okay then I might take her for another ½ mile. I won’t go past a mile though. She will need to build up her mileage, much like her owner. LOL Afterwards I plan to head home and run another 1 ½ miles on the treadmill and then do a short LB workout. Hopefully I can fit this all into 50 minutes. It will be a challenge, but well worth a try.

Wendy – Great job on beginning Christmas shopping. I’ve been keeping an active Christmas list of everyone I buy for since January. I write down all of my ideas when I get a great one, but don’t buy anything until right before Thanksgiving. The people on my list are notorious for buying EVERYTHING they want so they are so hard to buy for. If I bought anything too early I would end up spend most of my time returning the presents. Oh, my on DH starting to work 7 10 hour shifts. Good luck with your training. Do you have friends and family that can watch Joey while you train? Can you do most of your training at the gym?

Sorry this is so long and one-sided. I hope to BBL to do more personals! Right now I need to get some work done. I’ve already been her 2 hours and not accomplished much. Waves to all Cheetahs!

Good morning ladies,
Just a quick check in for me this morning. I ran 4.5miles yesterday and did Upper body split. I always forget about that upper body dvd. It is a good one. I would say it is more endurance, but I have got to stop doing PUB so much. I need to pull out the GS's. I find them a little time consuming though. I logged in 17 miles this week. My goal is to get to 20 miles a week and keep it at that for awhile. Today, I will do Butts and gutts as is. I have never done it all the way through without a premix. It should be a fryer}(

I have SO much housework to do today. I have to vaccuum and mop all the floors, UGH!!!! At least the laundry is done:)

I am off to take kids to school. Oh how I wish we had a school bus in this area.

See ya later gals!

Susan

Hi Cheetahs!

Could not get moving this morning. Did not sleep well and I’m wondering if dairy is the culprit, although I have no issues with Feta Cheese, I seem to have issues with all others. *sighs* Oh well, I’ll cut out dairy except feta. I’m doing my 4 mile run at 11:30 this morning. I’m going to schedule everything else around that.

Shelly – Congrats on winning your age division!! You are simply amazing. I think that course would have laid me flat. My DH is not feeling well either. Funny how that works! Good luck with your 18 miles today! How was yoga? Hey – you were gone, but I got the results back from my physical. All is well (thankfully) but my cholesterol was 189 with the HD being 58 and the LD being 109. Is that okay or should I work on lowering it?

Cathy – Jimmy is a skinny little guy – kind of like one of those lanky boys you see in your classes – all legs and arms – not much body. That’s Jimmy.

Carole – DH is and always will be a Patriots fan. What’s funny is that everyone is saying that it’s a fairly common practice, but the Patriots got caught. He thinks the punishment was harsh, but I understand why they did it. That kind of stuff does have to stop. I was happy they won last night, though – everyone thought they could only win by cheating, but they have a great time. I just wish these ball teams would really start acting like the rest of us have to act. Here’s a photo of Jimmy and DH last night after a touch down. Kimo is there too:

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1308/4836116/10006168/278683249.jpg

Amy – Congrats on the 2 miler at 5AM!! Wow!

Wendy – I have fingers and toes crossed for you and a great job! Enjoy your X!

Judy – Sounds like a great weekend! I’ll tell ya, when my DD18, aka the social butterfly, got her driver’s license it was such a relief!! Hopefully yours will soon!

Kristi – How wonderful that Chelsea is coming along so well!! I ran Jimmy too far this week. He can handle 7 miles, but 8 is a bit much. I’ve already planned my 9 miler to include 7 miles he can run, with a 2 mile add-on after I drop him off. Sounds like you had a fabulous birthday! Glad it was so nice.

Susan – So happy to see you running again! Enjoy your housework! (or something like that!). We don’t have busses either, and my kids had to walk a mile to school. I drove them most days, too. I only let them walk if they walked together, and called me the moment they got to school.

Well – I guess I’d better pretend I have a job! Have a great day everyone! I’m more sore from yoga yesterday than I was from the 8 mile run. Can you believe that?

Good morning Cheetahs!

Amy - Good job on the 2 miles! It is so dark now at 5 am here.

Wendy - Found some nice furniture for bedroom and great room. Just can't buy it yet because I don't have anywhere to put it. Wanted to get an idea of what my budget will be when the time comes. That should be in about 6 months. Take that 9.5 mile run easy and you should be okay. I think my feet hurt before anything else.

Judy - Sounds like you had a fun and busy weekend. The food sounds delcious. I'm salivating here.

Shelly - Good luck with the 18 miles today! Hope it went well.

Carole - Glad you had a good trail run. I'm looking at furnishing the great room, master bedroom and dining room to start. Plans came Friday but they didn't send the correct thing. I ordered reverse plans and they all came as regulars. So, now I get to keep the regulars and they're supposed to overnight the correct ones. Enjoy your run and P90 workout.

Kristi - That was a good thing you did for the yard sale. How sad for the young mother. Glad to hear DS had a good soccer game. Glad Chelsea is doing so well.

Susan - Good job on the run yesterday! Maybe housework won't take too long.

Christine - Sorry you didn't sleep well. Loving the pics of Jimmy.

I did iTread #13 45 minutes and Yoga for Abs. Trying to work on hills for my race this weekend. Maybe they won't kill me this time.

Hope you're enjoying your day!

Jackie

Kristi...sorry you could not get to the Olive Garden for your B-Day. Sounds like Chelsea's training is coming along. I think it is good your are not taking her too far too fast.

Susan...good job on the 4.5 miles and upper body yesterday. I am trying to get at least 25 miles in a week...I am also doing housework today too!

Christine...I think it is just with the advancement of technology, seems easier to cheat. I would agree completely that other football teams have done this. And yes, they really should stop this kind of crap! Great picture!!! Cool jersey your DH has on and love seeing the dogs..:)..I was happy for my DH as his team the Packers did very well yesterday. I wonder if it is the dairy giving you issues? I do eat some cheese but everything else is soy as in soymilk. Enjoy your run.

Jackie...how fun to furnish those rooms. I hope the plans get corrected...good job with the iTread workout. It is the downhills that get to me...

I did my 4 mile run and my quads were sore from the downhills yesterday...OUCHIEES! Then did some leave raking and cleaning up outside. I will do my P90X workout later today...

Hiya! Back from my long trail run. I also did some shopping afterwards and tried to keep from getting too near to anyone;-) ;-)
Well, I indadvertently ran much longer than I intended:eek: After doing a loop around my lake I veered off onto another trail system (that had LOTS of hills!) but I miscalculated the total mileage and when I checked my Garmin on the way back I knew I'd be over but had no choice but to keep going the way I was headed. Anyway, it ended up being a 20 mile hilly trail run..... and I'm feeling pretty darn good considering! So I'm giving myself a good pat on the back.
I think this calls for some pizza tonight :9 I make my own healthy version..... delicious!

Carole- Great job on the 4 miles with DOMS!!! I know what you mean about trying to maintain the Chi form on a steep trail... pretty much impossible!

Kristi- What a nice way to spend you Bday... helping out with the garage sale I mean. I really feel for that family. I find it difficult to care for suicide attempts which we get frequently in the ICU. I find it to be the ultimate selfish act. Anyway, glad to hear you are doing okay and especially that Chelsea is doing so well with her training! Good work!

Susan- Hey there... GS does have timesaver options ya know! That's fantastic that you are already up to 17 miles per week on the running!!!!! Good luck with the Floormax workout today.

Christine- You'd be so proud of me.... I went a full 65 minutes with my Yoga workout yesterday. I find Barone Baptiste much more tolerable than most, his workouts are more dynamic. I got a Pilates workout in the mail today and I'll be giving that a shot soon also! Your Lipid Panel bloodwork is just fine!! For Cholesterol anything under 200 is good. For HDL (good cholesterol)
35-59 is normal, greater than 60 is optimal. For LDL (bad chol.)
less than 100 is optimal 100-129 is near/above optimal. Keep up the good work!!!! I love your latest pic with your DH and Jimmy...
I still think Kimo looks like a big cottonball!

Jackie- What a grueling race schedule you have there girl! How long is this upcoming one? Don't let those @#$%%^&$# hills intimidate ya!

That's all the cyberbabble I have in me now.
Cathy- what's up?

ShellyC

Hey Cheetahs! http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Winks/big-wink.gif[/IMG]

No time for personals at the moment but I should be able to catch up later on....

For now I just wanted to report back that I did one round of X Shoulders and Arms plus All Body Attack's core/ab section and stretch. It took about an hour. I feel good. :)

Well...resumes are out...I can't turn back now!}(

Gotta grab a shower...I am training BF and her friend tonight!

Have a great rest of the afternoon and I'll be back as soon as I can.:)

Afternoon, cheetah babes! http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/flower.gif

Wendy :: I found some DOMS also from yesterday’s lower body load…Yippee on the resumes! http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/happy036.gif I have a feeling your client load’s gonna explode REAL soon!!

Judy :: OK, my stomach’s growling now http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/eatdrink026.gif …Sounds like a full weekend you had…Yes, I started WW about a week ago. So far so good. Good idea about the veggies…Hope you get a break soon from all that taxiing!

Christine :: mmm, feta!…Well, I love cheese in general. Be a bummer if you have to cut it out…so where is Kimo’s jersey? http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/winking/winking0051.gif …Yeah, I can believe that about the yoga. Which routine did you do yesterday?

Jackie :: yes, I did try the Greek yogurt. It was good, but I guess I am partial to regular yogurt (light). This weekend’ll be a repeat of the same course, right?…Happy furnishing! :D

Shelly :: Healthy pizza sounds like the perfect reward for an awesome run! http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/ad/wtg.gif

Carole :: So you’re part of the DOMS club, too, today. We are enjoying cooler temps here, too. I love it...Here is a twist on the neener for you: http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/taunt012.gif

Hi Amy, Kristi http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/dog.gif , Susan, and anyone else dropping in!

I went to bed considerably later than I normally do, so I was a bit sluggish to get it goin' this AM. Am starting a new time-conscious, circuit rotation today (thanks, Wendy!) and will do a DM premix, probably #6 total body a little bit later on. Am enjoying some pretty good DOMS in the hammy area just beneath the glute. I'm always struck by how B&G gets in deep like nothing else!

Have a great night!

I’m back! Did a 4.25 mile run this afternoon. It was a tough one because it was sooo hot! But, that’s okay. I did it. I feel so much better, too. They have ice cream in the kitchen right now, but I’m not going to eat any. I’m doing too well.

Jackie – how far is your race this weekend? Sounds like you’re training well for it! Yoga for Abs – that Rodney Yee, right? Is a good ab workout?

Carole – I agree. It is just easier. I hope this stops it all as it’s not very sportsman-like. I would hope that our sports leagues would hold themselves at a higher standard. Go Raiders! They’re popular around here, I’ll tell ya! People were happy they did well. Tonight’s game should be a sleeper. I have to admire you for running after your long run! One day… It’s either dairy or beans, or a combo – but I swear it was the yogurt that got me last week. I’ll just keep an eye on it.

Shelly – YEAH! Great run!!! I'm impressed! And we’ll make a yogi out of you yet! I do like Baron. I want to order more of his videos, but as I have three coming shortly, I figured I’d better wait. LOL. Thanks so much for clarifying my Cholesterol levels! I knew I could count on you! Kimo is a big furball. I have to get her to the groomers then she’ll look more like a fluff ball. She’s too much!

Wendy – have fun training BF and F!

Hey Cathy – Kimo is a lady and is above football. She just like attention. I’ll bet that jersey would fit her better than Jimmy – she’d rounder, but smaller. Enjoy your new rotation. I think it’s a good idea, actually to go a little shorter…

Have a great night everyone!

Well, folks, DM didn't happen tonight. I can't believe it is 8 pm and I am just finishing up my schoolwork now. I should've worked out first, but this needed to get done. BTS night for parents is Wednesday, and in addition to regular teaching duties, I am working on making sure everything is right for that. Great way to start a rotation by missing the first workout, eh? *lol* But I think I'll cut myself the slack and indulge in a guilt-free unplanned rest day here: it's unexpectedly TTOM today, one of my achilles started feeling twinge-y as of last night, and I seem to be fighting off some sniffles, to boot. What a trifecta. :) So, some early zzzz's sound appealing.

Christine :: *lol* about Kimo being above football. Did you see the new NFL gear for women? I think it's cool that they'll be putting out fan gear tailored to women. I always hate buying jerseys or shirts made for men and then they run straight up & down and are really long. But I digress. Good job on running in the heat *and* avoiding ice cream. Now THAT takes some super-human strength, IMO!...So you're a fan of shorter workouts?

Good night, friends!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.