::: CHEETAHS ::: Monday, 11/5

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good Monday morning, cheetahs~

I have DOMS like you would not believe. OK, if you've done B&G, then you'll believe it. HOLY SMOKES! I have not been THIS sore in ages! I was considering a run after school today, but I think it's gonna be a rest day instead. Will play by ear depending on how well I can move later on...lol!

I think I am all caught up w/ yesterday's posts, except for Elaine's. I do like the BSB Timesaver and feel worked out from it--I usually try to go a little heavier with the premixes since reps are cut back. But I still prefer to do the whole thing when I can. B&G rocks! It's an assbuster!

OK, have a great day, everyone. I'll try to stop back later.
Cathy :)

Morning Cheetahs!

Cathy, Ya got the date wrong on this post! Just HAD to point that out to you!:p I didn't even do all of B&G the other day and I am still sore from it! }( You might want to consider some kind of short cardio later. I find it can feel good on the sore muscles so long as it's not over-done.

So we ran the 5k course y'day. It was COOOLD out there in the beginning! I had on a full length sports bra, a long sleeved shirt and TWO light weight jackets on to start with! LOL I ended up taking off the top jacket and then just rolled up my sleeves some for the remainder of the run.

Today I have a Power class planned and a possible short TM run afterwards.

Hope everyone has a great day...I'll be back!:)

Hey Cathy!! Sounds like B&G got the job DONE!!}( I'm home today and will be like old Gladys Kravitz off of Bewitched standing at the living room window like a nosey neighbour waiting for the 'Canada Post' truck to pull in! Faith is home with me today, she's got wicked hives all over her lowerbody. I have a Drs. appt. later today so we'll get a 2 for 1 today and I'll bring Faith with me.

Elaine, I wish I could give you some advice regarding your SIL. You have such a kind and empathetic heart, just let that lead you and be your guide:) For me, the toughest part of the healing and assimilation process that is grief was the anger that inevitably bubbled up. Being with your SIL as she works through the sadness, reflecting and ruminating is relatively easy but when the natural anger about the loss comes up, it's very difficult to channel it constructively, try to be understanding with her if this happens.:)

Happy Monday to my Cheetah friends. I'm off for some cardio and SH Chest and Back. See ya!

Take Care
Laurie

HI Cheetahs--
Inspired by Wendy, I did a short mixed workout today. :
-Warmup on TM walk .5
-warmup on BM2
-Step combo 1
-Back & Chest on BM2 -- but didn't use the ball on pullovers, used a bench instead
-Step combo 2
-Back & Chest again BM2
-Abs on BM2 then time's up.

It was handy to have Susan's post and the other post on the open forum listing the exercises in the premixes on the new tapes.

Yesterday I had a good long run- 8 miles, was able to keep my pace somewhat steadier -- but it was annoying day after that for non-exercise reasons. One of those "we're not communicating well" days with DH over the stupidest stuff....then tried to get some cooking done for the week and both items had glitches so they didn't really turn out in good form---just annoying the heck out of me.

Kids have a day off school today. I love having them home, but feel like I need some quiet time alone, which won't happen.

Cathy--I'm with Wendy on that DOMS post B&G -- do a little something, I think it helps. It's a killer workout.

Wendy -- Good job on your cold run! It's a challenge to figure out how to dress for those cold runs. Have a fun power class today!

Hope to be back later for more personals.
-Barb
:) :) :)

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Wow, what a busy weekend! The upside is that DH and I now own a piano:) Of course, neither of us actually plays the piano (although DH used to, and still can, sort of), but mostly, my MIL just really wanted to get rid of it. :p She's always adding so much joy to my life, LOL!

Cathy-"Enjoy" the DOMS girl! Take Wendy's advice, maybe a short run, or at least a walk will help to flush the lactic acid. Wow, I can't wait to try that one!

Wendy-Did you have gloves on? I find that if my hands are warm it goes a long way towards keeping the rest of me warm. So what did you think of the course?

Barb-Nice little premix of your own! I love BMax2 b/c it's so versatile, it can fit almost any need or energy level. Sorry that yesterday was "one of those days". Totally been there, LOL. You burn the food, or it just doesn't taste good, and you're kind of fighting, but not enough to have it out or resolve anything, just enough to be, as you say---annoying. Here's to a delicious dinner and a good laugh with DH!

Laurie-Is "Canada Post" like UPS for us? Are you getting new Cathe vids today and I missed it? Try not to knock the poor man over when he comes to the door, lol. Have fun!

Elaine-I just wanted to add that you are going through such a tough time with so much heart and grace. I haven't been in your shoes, and so don't really have great advice, but wanted to add that I think Laurie is right---I think you can trust your instincts.

I did LIC yesterday, with the bonus cardio--I had to add "intensity" to the step routines and blasts to really get my HR up there, but I had so much FUN! The bicep section kills, and the ab routine really moves:7 Today is some kind of run and then abs from B&G. Luckily the weather is back up near 50 b/c DH and I haven't bought our TM yet. For those that were wondering, we're in Upstate NY, a few hours SE of Buffalo--so, yeah, we get the joys of lake effect snow!

Have a great day

Mattea

Laurie--Sorry-we must have been posting at the same time! I love Gladys Kravitz...try to find out what is going on in the UPS man's personal life if you can -- and it is possible he is a warlock?? Have fun with the new tapes.

Mattea--congrats on the piano. Who cares if you can't play it, it's a nice piece for picture display and in case your kids take piano lessons--you are all set! Thanks for the good wishes for the day. Onward to the new week. The kids are playing outside now, happy -- I made muffins for breakfast-- friends are over--it's a new day!
Have a fun run today!

-Barb
:) :) :)

P.S.

Carole--I'm ordering JL RTC & S&L from deepdiscount DVD today and thought I'd throw in some Baron Baptiste yoga tapes, any recommendations?

-Barb

Barb-Who wouldn't be happy with fresh homemade muffins around? Seriously though, what kind did you make and can you email me one, lol:p You're right about the piano, to me it's furniture, but to my kids it can be hours of fun (torture)}( I know Baron Baptiste has a yoga workout just for runners, or just for athletes(?) that you might consider if DD has it. I've not done it, but I hear he's pretty easy on the eyes:)

Mattea

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...yes it does seem Cathe and the crew are quite composed as we suffer! Yes, the DOMS from B&G is a killer...you should have seen me after my run yesterday...YEOW!

Wendy...good job on your cold run yesterday...you do warm up as you get going though! Have fun with your Power class and TM run today.

Barb..good job on the 8 miles and your mish mosh looks fun!!...interseting as me and my DH had one of those not communicating afternoons yesterday too. I am happy about my alone day today as my DH goes to work!!

Laurie...I so hope you get your new DVD's today!! I always call my DH Gladys...:)...he is way nosey...hope you get Faiths hives cleared up...do you know what caused them? Enjoy your cardio and S&H...

Mattea...I played a bit on the piano as a kid...I might be able to do a shaky version of "Heart & Soul"!! I'll be doing LIC today...still have a bit of DOMS from B&G! Thanks for the bicep warning...:)...enjoy your run today...:)

Shelly...good job on the 10 miles. Yes, it was a football day for me yesterday..

Elaine...so Lance got a sub 3!!! Wow...what an athlete!! Good job doing the 16 miles...I still can't make myself do those ice baths...Tears in Heaven is a beautiful song...it does seem odd sometimes the precise time we hear those trigger songs. I am sure that was a difficult day to say the least!..I hope having dinner with your SIL can be comforting to all of you..I found family comforting when my Dad died...

I'll be doing LIC this morning...I am looking forward to it...

Have a great day...

Mattea-thanks for the DVD recommendation and eye candy warning. I can send you the muffin recipe it's a maple oatmeal muffin -- good breakfast food for kids. I cut the sugar in half but you don't miss it.

Carole--funny about your day with DH yesterday. Maybe there is a Sunday factor? Heart & soul is a good tune! :)

-Barb

Hey Cheetahs!
Cathy, B&G is a killer butt workout isn't it? I did it on friday I think? I don't remember but my but sure did!

Wendy, It must have been reallly cold to wear all of that! I am a pansy though. I stick to the TM in the winter unless relatives are visiting or I am visiting them. Have a good power class! What is that anyway?

Barb, Good job on the 8 miler. I have those times with my DH too. Usually when It is getting close to TTOTM. He tries to just avoid me that week before or just say yes dear because he knows that he cannot win no matter what he says!

Laurie, Enjoy your workout today! I hope you get your workouts early so you don't die of anticipation! My DH was laughing at me the day mine got here. He said I was like our DS waiting for a package from Grandmom!

Mattea, I haven't tried LIC yet but it's on my list for this week. Glad it was fun! I did do cardio fusion so I have had a little teaser!

Carole, Have fun with LIC and have a wonderful day!

OK I think that is everyone if not HI HI HI to all. Today is BM2 for me. I previewed it yesterday. Looks tough but I am excited! Funny that while I am watching it I say hmmmm it won't be too bad! Then I realize how much Cathe is sweating and I know I am in for it!!!
Ok talk to everyone later!

LD

Hey I am back! I forgot to ask. Does anyone have any opinions on Rodney Yee? Who should I buy for a yoga workout? My yoga show Inhale was taken off the air
:(
I tried that Namaste on Fittv but, for one thing it was too short and another I just didn't really like it. So if anyone has any suggestions.... bring them on! Thanks.

Hi LD--thanks for the efficient suggestion of just avoiding DH when things get annoying. Yesterday part of the problem is that I felt he was "in the way" wherever I went in the house -- but hey, he lives here too, so what's my problem?

I had a Rodney Yee yoga for athletes tape and I liked it but didn't do it very often. I have Bryan Kest (aka Mr. Yummypants or YP for short) his power yoga series: sweat, tone & energize and I like that, but it's a big time commitment for me.

Susan, Carole, Mattea, Christine may have recommendations for you.
-Barb

Grrrr....I just lost a post....x( Here's the Reader's Digest Condensed verion! I'm enjoying SH and will try sticking with it for longer than 3 weeks. My cardio today was C-Max cardio.

Mattea, enjoy your piano! We have an electronic Yamaha with all the bells and whistles that my 12 year old plays but the keys aren't weighted. My eyes are open for an upright piano that needs rescuing.

Carole, I have no idea what has triggered Faith's hives, they've got her acting a bit rangey though, she just regaled me with a performance of Kiss 'Rock and Roll all Night'. I think one of us needs a sedative:+ :p }( ;-) :7

Barb, you're too funny. I'll be sure to stand much closed than is necessary to the delivery guy and sniff for eye of newt or bat wing dust! I'll report back ASAP.

LD, your hubby is right, we are than exicited to get our new workouts! I'll continue to (not so) patiently wait by the front window:+

WOO HOO!! HE JUST CAME!!! I've got my new workouts and a new Urban Rebounder!!!! Sooo Excited!!!

See Ya

Take Care
Laurie

Hiu Cheetahs-
We are back home from DS weekend tournament. While we were there, My brother and SIL came to watch some games and spend the weekend with us. I was able to get in a run wtih DBrother on a (hilly)golf course. It was fun to run with him!

This morning I ran 6 miels using the cardio coach 6A as my guide. I finished the 6 miles 9 minutes faster than without cc6. This road was not as hilly (but not flat either) as my usual neighborhood routes. I followed up with B&G starting at fire-walkers and going to the end of leg wrok). This was tough after the run!

I am sorry I have not caught up on the latest happenings with the Cheethas from the weekend. I hope you all are doing well.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Barb-Ummm, yes please! You just used two of my favorite words, maple and oatmeal!

Carole-Hope you enjoy LIC as much as I did. I should have warned you to preview the ab routine section as well b/c that sucker really moves! Some nice new exercises though.

LD-CardioFusion looks tough, but I wanted to wait until I had learned the other routines before jumping into it so that I could get the most out of the workout. That, and I wanted to survive it, lol! About the yoga, you'll find that, as Barb said, we here are big fans of Bryan Kest (aka, Mr. Yummypants), but I've really been LOVING Shiva Rea's videos. They are simply the most beautifully designed ones that I have ever seen. And they are so flexible. They incorporate a Yoga Matrix which allows you to mix and match segments of all the flows and poses to individualize the workout to your time, energy, focus, etc.

Laurie-The piano belonged to DH's grandmother and then DH when he was a small child, but he plays the guitar really well, the piano medium well, and the saxophone somewhat. I, on the other hand, am musically challenged and in awe of that kind of talent. So even Carole's shaky Heart and Soul would get huge applause from me:p I also love S&H, but have found that after a few weeks I need to at least start varying the rep speeds (reversing the 6/2 count, making it 4/4, etc), or changing the order of exercises, or even just the hand positions to keep really feeling it. Try not to kiss the delivery man!

Judy-Sounds like a great weekend! I have to say, I'm really looking forward to B&G in its entirety as so many are loving it. Congrats on the successful CC6 run.

I ended up doing a 35 min. HILL run and then the SB abs from B&G. Those are not too intense, but do contain some fun new moves. Like a slightly shorter version of CM#2.
DrillMax is on tap for tomorrow so I have to "learn" it tonight

:7
Mattea

RE: ::: CHEETAHS ::: Monday, 11/6

Hello, Cheetahs! I'm finally here! I wasn't allowing myself to post until I got some stuff done around here. We had a wonderful weekend w/ my relatives. My Mom had a nice bday celebration y'day (her 55th bday is today!). We went to a neat little Swedish community on Sat to eat & look at the gift shops & of course the candy store! And we helped her do some reorganizing at her house, she's moving some of Grandma's stuff to her house so she needed to get things moved around! She told me that she was glad that I'm lifting weights now. :7 Thank you, Cathe! ;-)

Sunday morning we ended up going up to my Grandma's church. It turned out that they were doing a special service to honor the members that they had lost in the past year, so my Mom & Aunt Ann got to light a candle in Grandma's honor. It worked out perfectly, they had the little kids handing out the candles & it just happened that it was Allison's turn to hand the candle to my Mom. So she got to *help*, it was sooooo cute & touching. We did a little more sorting at Grandma's house too, I got to bring home her very neat antique piano stool (Mattea ~ I'm excited you got a piano!) & some other things. My Aunt was happy we wanted it & would use it. And we went to lunch at my Aunt Meg's house which was always nice. She's getting around great for 93 yrs old, you'd never know that she broke her pelvis in July!! :eek: The girls love going to her house, she loves it!

Anyway, lots to do around here to find things a new *home*, unpack, and do laundryMax!

I just felt tight this morning, so I did Winsor Pilates 50 min Maximum Burn. I love that workout. I did some of it w/ ankle weights on also, and then stretched some more & did the foam roller. I have my first PT on Wed for my IT band, I hope it helps!! I'm sooo ready to get back to a running routine!

OK, more to do around here. I'm putting away the Halloween stuff too, haven't had time to do that yet... I am anxiously awaiting my new workouts now!!!! I get excited reading all of your posts about trying them out & mish-moshes!

Have a great afternoon! I'm going shopping w/ my best friend tonight, I've got to find shirts for us to wear for our Christmas pics next week! And get a start on Christmas shopping.... EEK!

Mattea ~ How neat that you got a piano!! I have the piano in my living room that I grew up playing. I actually got offered my Grandma's piano, but this one means more to me since I had to practice so much on it when I was younger... :) I took lessons for 8 years, but then switched to flute (which I LOOOOVE playing) & it came so naturally to me that I quit piano (my piano teacher was so mad!). I was a music major, I love music! I am teaching my 7yo some piano now, she's catching on pretty well. I desperately need to get it tuned though, now that it's been moved & settled in place.

Sounds like a good run, I'm jealous! I can't wait to get DM, have fun w/ it tomorrow!!

Yeah, Laurie!! My UPS man doesn't deliver til around 3 or 4, but I don't think I'll probably get my workouts til Thurs or so. (I'll keep checking to see if they've been shipped!!)

Hope Faith's hives are better. My dh is prone to them, he can't drink milk or he breaks out terribly (he even gets them on his eyelids & on his tongue!!). They're miserable!

I'd like to get the SH workouts one of these days, they look awesome for building more muscle!

I have Baron Baptiste's Soul Strength yoga. It comes w/ 3 workouts on one disc- a 60 min one (that I've only done 2x, I perfer the shorter ones but it is good!), and yoga for athletes (I like this one!) & core yoga (this one's good too). The yoga for athletes is my favorite, there are some good hip opening stretches in there & it's only 25 min. He's not too bad & doesn't get too *out there* like some yoga. HTH!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.