CHEETAHS ::: Monday ~ let's make it a great one!

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetah babes! http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_happy-038.gif Happy Monday!

Let me catch up with yesterday’s personals…

Linda :: I took that unintentional two-hour nap on Saturday afternoon, and it really left me in a fog. I'm thinkin' I’ll have to set my alarm when I nap, so I don’t go overboard. Too long a nap isn’t refreshing…Hope you managed to get to sleep at a reasonable hour.

Wendy :: mmm, sweet and sour chicken…Good going with a small portion. I love Chinese but rarely order it anymore…my favorite is General Tso’s—worst thing on the menu! Do you have a Chang’s up by you?

Wendi :: Oh well, sometimes those days of not accomplishing much happen, too…Hope you enjoyed it, anyway…And I hope you’re able to get off for the tournament next Sunday. Your boss should make it up to you for waiting all day in the cold!!

Judy :: I like the new word you’ve created: cheetahstic. :)

Jackie :: Mmm, a cookie cake…those are good. What a nice thought…I usually run outside year-round, but I’m not as nuts as I used to be about it. If the weather’s too nasty or it’s really cold, I don’t feel like I have to be out there. And now it takes me awhile once the weather turns cold to acclimate myself to it. I am one of those people who always has cold feet, hands, and nose. My biggest problem in the winter, though, is beating sundown during the week, so my goal for this winter is to get over my TM aversion…I had the EXT on the 30 degree incline all this time, which I see works the calves more. I liked the 10 degree incline – that’s what really burned up my rump. Be nice if I could shrink that sucker. :)

Hi Thomasina and Jess.

Tonight it’ll be yoga and some ab work.

Have a GREAT day, everyone! BBL to chat some more.

i wasn't really on the computer yesterday as i took a rest day and really took a rest day. besides taking linus for his haircut and picking up a prescription, i did NOTHING!!!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_17_1v.gif
i am going to try to read all the weekend goings-on and catch up on personals. i am a little askeered since i didn't read anything from yesterday.http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_3_102.gif
not sure what my workout will be today. i would like to run but would rather run outside than on the TM and it is veeery dark outside.http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_3_3.gif not sure what i feel like doing...
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_5_139.gif
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_5_142.gif
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_3_110.gif

i better decide soon!

still no resolution about DF. as i said on the OAL thread, i am rethinking the "F" in DF. i hate going through this but i know it will all work out.

i need to go read yesterday's posts. can't wait to see how all our racing cheetahs did!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_17_6.gif

Good Morning Cheetah Gals!!:)

Cathy** I assume you are going to work? And Im just getting off:) We are still having a storm here and I was hoping to get out today to do some more shopping but its not looking very promising! Maybe after lunch.

Lorie** I soooo need my hair done. I haven't had it cut since May month, can you beleive that? My hair is long and curly and when I was preggers I straightened it alot b/c I didn't workout at the time.So after I had DS there were parts of my hair that was straight! Anyway,....had it all cut off, hated it and Im still trying to let it grow. I need something done with it though, a color or highlights need to be done. I use to be a hairstylist and as much as I love getting my hair done, I hate having to pay the price for it:eek: K, just reread and you weren't the one getting the haircut! LOL Oh well..Im not erasing what I just wrote! hehe Im sure whatever you decide with DF will be the right decision, you have been sitting on this for a while and you seem to be very unhappy right now. I feel for you! {{{{HUGS}}}}

Carole and Shelly! Awesome job yesterday!! WooHOO!!!!!!:7 :7 :7 Shelly I am assuming you ran a FM and Carole did a HM? That or you have some pretty bad time compared to Carole! LOL:) :) JK!

Well...I think my UB is ready for another workout today.Im not sure what the cardio will be. To bad the weather is so crappy. DS and I could go out after I get home and get some shopping done and stay in this afternoon but I just can't take him out in this. And its so hard to get things done when he is awake. I was kind of thinking about taking my decorations out b/c DD will probably be home from school but I know Mr.Pick Fingers will be pick,pick..picking!!!

Have a good day everyone and if the internet is working at home, Ill be back later!!!
Lori:)

oh, i just said the same thing. that i was really rethinking the "F" part of DF. i didn't see him at all this weekend, so it was just me doing some serious thinking. i did have a nice weekend. i went out saturday to watch football with a friend. he's a lot of fun and funny so there was a lot of laughing. friday, i had a great outdoor run. i am toying with witing until it gets a bit lighter and running outside this morning. i usually love the TM, but i just feel like being outside. it's 61 here, so it wouldn't be cold.

thanks for thinking about me. you really have no idea how much that means to me. really.

lori-i did get my hair colored on thursday so that may be what you were thinking about. it was getting all faded and i really needed it!!! so, maybe that's what you were thinking about! haha about mr. pickfingers!!!

Lori :: yep, I'm heading to work right now. Enjoy your cardio whatever you decide to do.

Lorie :: Went over there and peeked. Glad you went out & had some laughs this weekend - a much-needed break from the soul-searching, I'm sure. Whatever you decide, we're here for you!

OK, now I really need to jet. BBL this afternoon.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/holidays/th_tomtebart2.gif

Good morning chipper cheetahs:7

well today's plan was to start one of my turbulence training rotations however that calls for a fb workout and my legs are still in a little pain. so i am gonna switch up a little this week and check out tracey's UB workout today afterwards, i am going to do a 20 min icycle using my bike with my trainer.

cathy- thanks so much for the link. so you couldn't hold out any longer, huh;) . good for you, enjoy your new jacket!

lorie- i truly hope everything works out for the the best for you. in fact i know you will make the right decision for yourself. i know it's hard. many hugs being sent your way.

lori- i will be joining you with an UB workout today. enjoy!

ttyl...:)

Greetings YaYas

Cathy- I ended up taking a nap on Saturday afternoon too. It is hard to shake out the the groggy feeing.

Lorie- Perhaps the weekend apart was a way to rethink without being influenced by his presence? Lets pray that this stressful situation can be settled. Did you run outside?

Lori- I used to be a hairdresser too. I stopped renewing my New York License when my kids were babies, and now it is void. There is no way I am goingto do 1000 hours of practical work again!

Sunny- Good idea about rethinking doing legs today. The cycle ideas sounds better.

I have spin class and legs on the agenda along with Clean Max, Decorate Max and Think-About-Wrap Max.

I have been doing the 4DS upper body or GS weights since we got them delivered in October. I am wondering if I should take a break from heavy weights for a few weeks? Or just one week? What does P90X do for a recovery week? Does it keep up the cardio? I want to keep my cardio: 3 runs, 1 spin, & optional one Cathe cardio. ( Due to the fact that it is December and party month) Maybe alternate circuits with cardio for a few weeks? I dunno....

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Morning Glories!:)

Cathy: I got a catalog of running clothes and gear. I was checkin' out the U/A in it as well as the other stuff. }( I won't order U/A online. I want to be able to try it on as I've never even put it on before. I told DH that if anyone needs an idea, I'd like a giftcard to Sports Authority. That will help cut the cost of it. :) Oh and I don't believe we have a Chang's. Really good I guess?

Lorie: Hope you can sort things w/DF out soon! (((HUGS)))

Lori: Enjoy whatver UB work out you decide to do and have fun decorating if you do it.

Sunny: Turbulence Training Rotation??? Do explain! Sounds }( ! LOL

Judy: The X has you train heavy for 3 weeks and then the recovery weeks look like this or something similar depending on the rotation you are doing: Yoga, Core work out, Cardio, Stretch, Core work out, yoga, rest. HTH. :)

Well, today's the "BIG" day! It's X time!!!!!:eek: I start the ball rolling with Chest and Back and ARX. OMG, I am gonna DIE! LOL :p

Later babes!

Good morning Cheetahs!

Well, it's a gorgeous day here in NY :p! My car is one giant ice sculpture and I'm not even sure how I'm going to get that puppy open! Because I ended up being off yesterday I have to go into work today but, due to the ice, I should be able to just give the stallion his meds throughout the day and not have to stay.

Long story short, we have an amazing little stallion who was, a few years back, leading the country in his division. Well, over the course of the last two years he has tried to "remove" his left eye four times now. With each injury we has always ended up with a fungal infection (no way to pervent it) and has been in jeopardy of having to have it removed surgically but we have always been successful and diligent in treating it and he has, miraculously, not lost any sight in the eye. There are a few scars on the corneal surface but not directly in his line of vision. Unfortunately, eyes are a major PIA to treat because it requires a handful of different eye ointments given every 3-4 hours. So that meant that I was going back to the barn at 9-10pm, 1-2 am, 5-6 am, every single night, then working from 8am to 6pm...FUN huh? At least I can split the shifts now that we have two people working.

Ooh, sorry for the ramble...

Anyway, I got Cardio Fusion Mix & Max in this am...haven't done that one in awhile. I think I am going to stop by Planet Fitness and inquire about their rates so I can get to a TM. The number on the scale was NOT pretty this morning and nothing helps me drop pounds better than running.

Sorry for the novel! I'll be back in a minute with personals.

Cathy - Well, I did get an incredible massage from SO yesterday so I guess it was productive in that I really needed it after yesterday's marathon workout lol. I wish my boss thought like that. Enjoy your yoga tonight.

Lorie - I'm so glad to hear that you were able to get out for a good time over the weekend...you certainly deserve it! I hope you're able to get out for a run and enjoy the beautiful temps you have there. Remember, we're all here for you, babe!

Lori - It must be tough taking DS out in weather like this. I hope you are able to get some decorating done despite Mr. Pick Fingers! You know you'll have a great time laughing at all the trouble he's going to get himself into :p!

Sunny - I hope those tired legs feel better soon! Enjoy your wourkout(s) today!

Judy - I'm going to try to join you with Decorate Max today. Had to LOL at Think-About-Wrap Max! I *wish* I had stuff to start wrapping!

Wendy - IA with trying on anything first before ordering online, especially when it's as pricey as U/A. I know I can sometimes be a funky fit :+. Good luck with the new rotation!!!!

Jackie - Oh, yummy, giant cookie! Great idea to freeze the rest of it!

Oh, goody, more ice falling from the sky!!! I guess I should go try to break into my car! BBL.

Hi! I'm new to this thread. I posted a question over in Rotations and someone suggested I posted the message here. :)

Anyway, I am training for my first half marathon in March. I have done a few 5K and did an 8K last month. I am using the training schedule from coolrunning.com as my guide. It calls for 5 days of running per week but after reading (and reading and reading) many posts I've decided to cut out one day. I think 5 days will just be too much.

So...here is my question. How and when do I incorporate strength training? Can I or should I do leg work on the same day as running? I've read so many different rotations...and am so confused! Here is what my running looks like (some of the T/Th/Sat distances change throughout but they are all relatively short):

M:
T: 3 mile (speedwork)
W:
Th: 4 mile (intervals)
F:
Sat: 3 mile (steady state)
Sun: Long Run

Any suggestions on where and I when I put in the weight workouts? And I would like to add another day of cardio - kickboxing, walking, whatever, just to mix it up.

Thanks!!! This looks like a great group!!! Congrats to those to did races this weekend!
Kelly

wendy- check out ttmembers.com. you have to pay to become a member. awesome workouts. i am going to do the november rotation for muscle gain and fatloss.

Good morning Cheetahs!

Cathy - One morning you will look behind you and the rump will have magically disappeared.:) Enjoy your yoga workout.

Lorie - It's nice to have those do nothing days. Hope you enjoyed.
I'm sure things will work out for you.

Lori - Hope the storms go away so that you can get some shopping done. Nothing like having some nice weather to spend your money. Enjoy your workout what ever you decide to do.

Sunny - Are you still teaching classes anywhere?

Judy - Hope you get all of your Maxes done today. LOL!!

Wendy - Enjoy your workout with Tony! Don't drool too much.

Wendi - How is the stallion injuring his eye? How much snow did you get?

Kelly - Good to see you. I used Hal Higdon half marathon training. I did one total body strength a week and 2 upper body workouts. I didn't do any cardio on a total body day but added running or other cardio on upper body days. I try not to work the legs on the day before a long run. Good luck with the training.

Carole & Shelly - How are you feeling today?

Hello to all others.

I did 4DS HIS. I'm picking the steps up pretty good. But, by the time I learn them perfectly, I'll be on to something else. I added 10 minutes of pilates too.

Jackie

Hi Kelly.

I ran my first half marathon in October. I only ran 3 days per week for 11 weeks to train for it though speed was not my goal. My goal was simply to finish.

Here's an example of what a few weeks of my training looked like:

Wk 1:
M)Drill Max
T)Run 40 mins using ITread on TM (3.47 miles)
W)Cardio Sculpt Express + 6 minute abs
R)Run 45 mins using ITread on Tm (4.04 miles)
F)Isculpt
S)5 mile run outdoors (5 min run/1 min walk intervals)
S)Rest

Wk 5:
M) 5K race
T) Rest
W) P90 Masters UML: full body work out
R) Running/lower body circuit on TM using ITread
F) CTX Upper Body Split
S) 8 mile run outdoors (5 min run/1 min walk intervals)+6 min abs
S) Rest

Wk 11(final week):
M) Own upper body and ab work out
T) HIS cardio only
W) 4DS chest and back + kickboxing
R) 4DS shoulders + bootcamp cardio + abs
F) Run 10 min on TM using Itread (almost 2 miles)
S) LIS cardio
S) Half Marathon

As you can see my work outs varied. The most important thing to me was getting my long runs in and actually my final long run was back in week 7 and it was a 10 miler. I insituted a 5-6 min run/1 min walk plan for all of my long runs during training and followed it through to the HM as well. I kept my strength training up to the max I could handle because I wanted to loose as little muscle as possible while training for the race. Lots of things I have read, however, suggest to strength train 2x per week I think. It's really a matter of choosing a training plan that you like the looks of and then as you are doing it, going through and tweaking it to suit you better. That's what I did. I actually started with a plan by Jeff Galloway which had me running or walking 4-5 times per week.

I don't know if this has helped you at all or confused you more but if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask! :)

Hello cheetahs,
I am late checking in today. I just had breakfast with some girlfriends at IHOP. It was delicious. I had the steak omelette. Not really a great way eating wise to start the week, but it was worth it;-)

I took a rest day yesterday. I needed it and it felt pretty good.

Today, I will do HSC. I am scaling back on the heavy weights right now and am just going to focus on circuit type workouts or full body workouts. My body needs a break from the heavy weights right now.

Cathy, what yoga dvd are you going to do and what is your favorite one?

Lori, what is OAL thread? Good for you for taking a rest day yesterday. I was right there with ya. What workout did you decide to do today?

Lori, how old is your little one? I am actually really glad that my littlest one, who is 5, is out of the stage of touching everything. It makes my life so much easier. With that said though, she is growing up way to fast:)

Sunnydelite, let us know how you like Tracey's upper body workout. I have nothing of hers and am curious. I hear mixed reviews about her.

Judy, I have also been doing GS and 4DS since October and am ready for a change. I think my body is ready too. I am going to do 2 circuits and one full body and 3 other cardios a week until January.
I need the cardio right now more than the weights. I will then be so ready for the heavey weights again in the new year. It is fun to switch it up.:)

Wendy, how long are you going to do the x? What is your goal right now? Is it strength gains or leaning out, not that you would ever need to do that miss tiny pants}(

Wendi, I am starting to realize how lucky I am living in CA. It is 52 her and the sun is shining. I will be having a rude awakening in a few weeks though when I am in Chicago, BRRRR! Have fun with Cardio fusion. I have not done that in a long time.

Kelly, welcome to the cheetahs! I will not give you advice on the training for a marathon, since I have not attempted one yet, but you will get some great advice from others here about it:)

Jackie, I like HIS. I honestly did not find the choreography to be that difficult. I have heard some say that they have given up on it. I do like having a longer cardio session though. I usually do the HIS/LIS premix. What is your favorite pilates dvd?

Carole and Shelly, How are you doing? I can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Well ladies, I am off to clean up a bit and then to get my little one. I will be doing my workout in the late afternoon, since I chose IHOP over working out this morning;-)

Cheers!

Susan

Hiya Cheetahs!! Checking in late, I went to the Y this morning. Started round 3 of the X... this time I'm doing a Lean Double round working on my running & swimming.

So... today was 5 miles on the TM- 4.25 miles running intervals (from 6.0- 9.0mph), then .75 mile power incline walk, and then 1/2 mile swim.

Wendy ~ How was C & B???? I'm actually kind of sad that I'm doing lean only because I don't get to start out with that killer workouts!!

Just wanted to add in my WAY TO GO CHEETAHS for the racers!!! How AWESOME you ladies are!! I can't wait to get back to racing next year. I kind of took this year off from racing other than a 5K and I'm ready for it this next year!! :)

Have a good one!

Hi Cheetahs!

C&B and ARX are DONE!}( Wow, do I feel awesome! I used my heaviest band for lawn mowers and heavy pants, did all but the diamond push ups on my toes and at Jess' recommendation to get better at pull/chin ups, all of those were done using negative resistance. I assisted with the chair on the way up and then came down slowly with no assistance. HOLY MOLY what a burn!}( }( }( Because I couldn't do them as fast my #'s on them were less but hey, I'll take it if it will help in the long run and it's not as if I didn't feel it! YEOWZAS! Thanks for the tip, Jess!:)

Now for some personals before I hit the showers....

Wendi: I hope you were able to dig your car out! Getting it buried in snow is one thing but once it's in ice...fuggedaboutit! LOL

Kelly: I posted an answer to your question but neglected to welcome you to the thread. Will you be staying a while? New members are always welcome with open arms. :)

Sunny: I bookmarked that site. Thanks. I'll have to read up on it when I have some time. }(

Jackie: Good job learning HIS. I haven't done that yet. I barely have LIS down and then stopped trying for a while. Perhaps I will use a few of my cardio days during the X to try and figure HIS out! Don't worry, I only had to wipe up minimal drool after my work out was done. I controlled myself pretty darn good today!:7

Susan: OMG, IHOP is da bomb! My dad used to take my sis and me there for breakfast often times on a Sunday morning. It was always packed and we had to wait but it was worth it! When I was preggo I craved breakfast for dinner atleast once a week so I'd make DH take me there often times. :9 As far as the X goes, I am doing the lean range for reps so that I get a combo of strengthening and leaning. It worked for me last time so I am hoping I get the same result this time. :)

Jess: Day 1 is done and it was AWESOME!}(

Okay, time for a shower...BBL girls!:)

Hi Ladies -

Checking in from the Windy City to say WAY TO GO SHELLY AND CAROLE!!!! I logged on last night from my friend's computer just to see the race results. I wanted to leave a message, but that would have been rude. So, now I can and YEAH! You both had fabulous times!!! Wish I could have been there to cheer you on!

This, unfortunately, is a quick note - I got here yesterday in the wind and rain (brrr), and had a great time with my friend. Then we took the "El Train" and headed into the city. The hotel let me check in at 10\9:30AM - I was so excited. I did CCPP on the elliptical, then showered and met my friend for lunch at a nice little Thai place. I decided to walk from the Thai place back to my hotel via LakeShore Drive - the one that goes along Lake Michigan. It was a nice 5-6 mile walk but it was chilly - that coat I bought is certainly coming in handy!!! I'm getting caught up on email, and then I'll head down to see if anyone is here. I'm on the 21st floor of this hotel - and have a nice view of the lake.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.