:::: CHEETAHS :::: Mon., 5.14

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, ladies :)

How's everyone doing? I feel like I blinked and the weekend's over. :p

CST is what's *supposed* to be on the schedule for today, but I'll have to do some rearranging since I didn't get to S&A until yesterday. (And, boy, have I got some nice DOMS in the tri's to show for it!) Will probably go for cardio - maybe a run or the new CIA kickbox DVD. Not sure yet. I pushed pretty hard yesterday, so I'll see how I feel after work.

Have a great Monday!

~Cathy :):p

good morning ladies,

cathy- so how are you feeling today? i agree this weekend did go by pretty quickly. which cia videos did you purchase}( :)

on tap for me is a run. no specific distance just a run. most likely it will be on my tm.

have a great day ladies and i will check back in later.

Hey Sunny,

I'm better - still not 100% but definitely better. I bought (does it ever end?) CIA 2705: Absolute Kickboxing with Kimberly Spreen. This is the one that uses a body bar.

Enjoy today's run!

~Cathy :)

Good Morning.

Cathy: Glad you are on the upswing with your health. CTX is a nice little series. I don't use it often just because I have soooo much that it can get lost in the shuffle. It's an endurance rotation all on it's own. I am going to have to give it a whirl as produced for a few weeks some time. I used it when I was pregnant. That was the last time I think!:eek:

Sunny: Enjoy your run today. When do you start your new job???

Well the party was fun. I got everything else done that I needed to y'day morning before company came. My house hasn't been this clean since the LAST time we had a party here! ;) :7

I have km leg cond. drills, arx and my running class on tap for today. I am ofcourse CONSIDERING adding in my upper body work since I missed it on friday BUT I am NOT forcing it and I am NOT going to get all mad if I don't do it. I am thinking this would be a good opportunity to try out BB's Cardio Sculpt Express work out. It's 99% upper body work, only 30 mins long and nothing too crazy. :)

I hope all of the mommies enjoyed their day. I didn't get to rest y'day but DH said he is going to make it up to me this week and take me out for a nice dinner. :)

BBL!:+

Good morning, ladies. I hope you all had a great weekend, even if it did go by quickly!!!

Things are back to normal around here....thank goodness! I was beat by the time Friday rolled around. I've gotten tons of compliments on my job for Teacher Appreciation last week. That makes me feel really good, especially since the previous 2 years (from what I heard) did not go smoothly and that they ran out of food and stuff. PTA has agreed to keep me on as chair for this committee again next year.

This weekend, was AWESOME! My friends/neighbors, DFiance and I were all together the whole weekend. It was 2 wonderful, relaxing days, with the kids all playing nicely with NO FIGHTS at all. 2 straight days of 6 kids getting along???? LOL We were waiting for the other shoe to drop! lol. We set up 2 big tents in the backyard and we camped out Saturday night, after watching a movie. Then Sunday was a large pancake breakfast and then a wonderful dinner, with my parents and sis visiting.

It was just plain heavenly and was a nice reminder how lucky I am.

OK....enough!

This morning I started following the April 06 Low Body Bonanza rotation. So I did S&H Legs and CoreMax 2. I'm heading outside this morning for a walk (if it's with my friend) or a run (if I'm alone). Something to loosen up my legs and get out into this GORGEOUS weather!

I mentioned something last week about a possible job for me for the Fall. I need something that I can work around my kids' schedules...school, snow days, holidays off of school, SUMMER, etc. So a friend and I were talking about options and she suggested I babysit for teachers in my school. Great idea, but I don't know any of them well enough to suggest it, BUT SHE DOES! I've already talked to 1 teacher, and she's coming by my house tomorrow night to talk about it. She's all excited about it, and said that WHEN (not if) we work something out, there are other teachers that she's mentioned this to, that also want to talk to me. I'M EXCITED ABOUT THIS!!!! VERY excited about this. I'm trying not to count my chickens before they hatch, but.....I'm excited! LOL

OK.....my house is a wreck! I've got laundry started and I need to pick up. THis week, I'll be starting younger DS's room!!!!

BBL

Gayle

Good morning cheetahs.... I hope everyone's week is starting off well... mine isn't x( I'm finishing up a rough night at work and I think I've injured my rotator cuff (left side) hopefully it's just a tendonitis and not torn. No I didn't do this with any workout...I was restraining a combative patient, an occupational hazard I'm afraid x( I'll ice it well this morning and take some ibuprofen and see how it is when I wake up. Well, it's just as well that today
is a rest day for me.

Cathy- Glad you're doing better! I think you'll really enjoy the CTX workouts, they are very versatile and will fit well with your schedule. Short workouts but intense:)

SunnyD- Have a great run today!!!

Wendy- Glad your party went well and I'm glad you're not going to get obsessive about getting in your UB workout. (like I would;-) )

Gayle- It sounds like that job would be absolutely perfect for you!
I'll be crossing my fingers for ya!

Hello to the Cheetahs following!!!

ShellyC

Good morning Cheetahs!

Couldn't get back to post yesterday. DSL kept going down. It just drives me crazy when it does that!x(

Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Carole - How's the glute and hamstring feeling today?

Cathy - Glad you felt well enough to get a workout in. Sounds like you're feeling even better today. That's great! CTX is a series I never bought.

Shelly - Hope you enjoy your rest day! Sure hope your work week is a better one. Sorry to hear about the rotator cuff injury and hope it's not serious.

Sunny - Have a nice run!

Wendy - Are you feeling back at 100%? Glad the party was fun. Enjoy your workout!

Gayle - Great job on the Teacher Appreciation!! I know you worked hard to make it a success. Them wanting you to chair again next year shows that too. That's an awesome idea babysitting for teachers. Hope it works out for you.

I did iTread #18 Tag Team. I enjoyed the workout. It consisted of a 20 minute run and 20 minutes on the bike. Of course, I used my elliptical for that part. Then it was on to some push ups and core work and a stretch. Somehow, I didn't get the stretch downloaded onto my Zen. So, I missed that part. Will have to get it on there. I finished up with 20 minutes of Fat Burning Yoga with Sara Ivanhoe.

Have a marvelous Monday!:)

Jackie

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...sounds like you are liking Squeeze alot! I feel the same way, what happened to the weekend?? Enjoy your cardio today or maybe CTX!!!

Sunny...have a good run.

Wendy...glad the party was fun. Sounds like a tough workout for today.

Gayle...sounds like you had an awesome weekend. Good workout today.

Shelly...I ended up doing 45 on my EXT yesterday, but felt like a good workout. Hope you had fun with the Gaunlet and your yoga workout yesterday. Sorry about the rotater cuff, hope it is not bad. I can imagine those combative patients can be strong. Where is Rambo when you need him! Enjoy your rest day today.

Jackie...hammy feels fine right now, I'll let you know after the run how it is...:)..Sorry about your DSL going in and out. My PC had gotten so slow I had to do a lot of work on it yesterday...but it seems to be zipping along now! That iTread tag team sounds fun...

I am doing hopefully about a 6 mile run today. Abs and S&H Shoulders, chest and tri's, and then maybe some of my own legwork.

Have a great day...:)

G'morning Cheetahs!!! Super busy weekend here, no time to check in! The wedding was fabulous on Saturday, the girls were very well behaved & they've been *playing* wedding for the rest of the weekend!! My Mom has a dress that I wore as a flower girl when I was 4, and my cousin's flower girl dress from my wedding that they were dressing up in & having fun! ;-)

We had a great time at my Mom's & went to visit my Aunt Meg for lunch on Sunday. We got a lot accomplished helping her & then helping Mom at Grandma's house.

Good news- my brother (the one that was in Iraq) should be back in IL tomorrow!!!!!!! I'm soooo excited, I can't wait to see him.

Well, I have a ton of laundry & things to do around here. Just wanted to check on my Cheetahs! Have a great Monday! Plyo is on tap for me today & might go for a bike ride too!

Jackie ~ Great race!! Sounds like you did great!!!

I added some pics to my picturetrail- http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=12007599&uid=5044625&members=1

Good morning ladies,
I have been MIA. I have been computerless for a couple of days. My hubby put ceramic tile in the family room and so we have to disconnect the computer. It looks so nice. I am so glad that there is no more carpet in there.

I had a pretty good workout weekend. I did Circuit Max on Saturday and then did Body max 2 bootcamp premix on Sunday. I have really been enjoying step the last couple fo weeks. Today is a rest day and I have tons of housework to do.

I had a really nice Mothers day. We went to brunch and then to church and then the girls and I went and did some shopping and then had Mexican for dinner. It was definitley an eat fest. I did shed some tears for my own mother. I really spent my day with my mom in my thoughts and had a smile on my face remembering the things that I did for mom on her special day. I found that I was not as sad, but more thankful that I had such a great mom. I was suprised at how the day was much more positive than I thought it would be.

Well, I am off to mop floors,dust, vacuum and do laundry. I think that Imax 3 would be easier for me that all of that;-)

I will be back later.

Susan

Hey Gals.

Cardio Sculpt Express, KM Leg Conditioning Drills and ARX are DONE! Now I have to clean up and head out to the store before running class tonight.

BTW Cathy, remember I told you I put Yoga Shakti up for sale on amazon last week? Well it sold! I got the notificiation y'day! It only took a few days! I am mailing it out tmrw! :+

I'll be back later for more personals.

TOODLES!:)

Susan ~ I thought of you y'day. I"m glad that you weren't too sad and were able to be thankful for the time spent w/ your Mom. Also, we drove a different way on Saturday to my Mom's & drove close to where your Mom lived. I am doing the same as you- vacuuming & laundry!! Plus the ever fun paying the bills- ugh!!!

I'm sure the tile looks wonderful!!

Jess,
Thanks for thinking of me:) I am drowning in laundry and dust(UHG)! Yes, the tile looks great. I can't believe how much easier it is going to be than carpet. You really know when you are getting old, when you are excited about a floor(LOL)!!!

Susan

Oh, crud. I spoke too soon. Today I am feeling absolutely miserable. It's in my sinuses now – my head is just pounding and my nose is raw. I’m looking a lot like this guy right here: :+ but without the smile. *lol* CTX did arrive, but I think I need to opt for the rest day. Ugh.

Wendy :: glad the Shakti sold so quickly and the party went well. Looks like you’re back in full swing in terms of workouts—rock on! I love the KM drills. Appreciate the info on CTX!

Gayle :: the camping weekend sounds like it was fun. Babysitting for the teachers would be an ideal gig – fingers crossed it works out for you.

Shelly :: sorry to hear about the rotator cuff…hope the ice, ibuprofen, and rest do the trick! Good to get more feedback on CTX –I think I made a wise purchase!

Jackie :: I hate when the DSL goes on the fritz…I am very impatient when it comes to that stuff!

Carole :: yes, I am *really* digging Squeeze!! Hope the glute/ham behaved for your run today.

Jess :: GREAT news about your brother! Glad you enjoyed your weekend.

Susan :: I was thinking of you, too, yesterday and am glad that you were able to focus some on the positives. I think I posted this here before, but when John Denver passed away, a friend of his was on the news, and what he said struck me as so simple yet so profound. It changed the way I handled my grief, and I’ll just never forget it. His friend said, “Yeah, I’m sad that he died. But I’m SO happy that he lived.” I think it just helps sometimes when you get more bogged down in what you’ve lost to try to remind yourself of what a gift you were given in this beautiful person. Of course, some days there is nothing that can make you feel better as you move through the grieving process, but somehow in those simple words, I did – and do – find comfort.

OK, I am meeting a friend for dinner at Salad Works - she's having some serious man trouble and needs to borrow an ear.

Have a good night, ladies!
Cathy :)

Jess...how awesome your brother is coming home!!

Susan...how nice about the tile. I kinda thought Mother's day would be a lot different for you this year. How nice you thought of the good memories...:)

Wendy...good job with the killer workout.

Cathy...so sorry about the sinuses! I have had the raw nose before due to allergies...no fun at all. A rest day might be a good idea. Have a fun dinner with your friend.

I managed 6 miles without much ham pain! But my stomach was a bit upset. We had some pizza from Papa Murphies and it got to my DH about midnight, it hit me about 4.5 miles into my run....yeow!!....made it home barely...:)...will be doing my S&H workout this afternoon as I am feeling better...

Good Evening.

We did four 1/4 mile repeats w/recovery runs in between at class tonight. It was a good work out. If you include the warm up and cool down runs, a gal who was wearing her garmin said we ran 3.5 miles tonight. I am beat. My legs were already tired from those conditioning drills. I forgot how they really get in there and cause great pain! LOL }(

Time to hit the showers. I may not be back for personals tonight. I apologize for not getting to them today if that's the case. DH was home sick today. You know how that will mess up any woman's schedule! ;)LOL

Have a great night if I don't get back here and "see" y'all in the morning!:)

Carole :: sorry about the stomach upset! Hope you're feeling better.

Wendy :: I love doing those drills on days that I run - they do get ya! Great workout.

Well, I caved in and did Leaner Legs - wowowow! I mean, owowow!!! Tough one. Then I did back (from the same DVD) and ended with the Power Squeeze Buns & Thighs segment, which targets inner thighs - it's only a few minutes, but man, was it a fryer, esp. after LL.

Now I'm ready for another good night's sleep! TTY in the AM.
-Cathy :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.