::: CHEETAHS ::: Mischief Night Mon.10/30

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs~

Happy Monday! I'm shooting for a run after school this afternoon and then either some weights (maybe BSB) or possibly a yoga class.

Will go get caught up w/ yesterday's posts and be back for personals.

Have a great day/workouts, everyone!
~Cathy :)

PS...Just wondering: do kids still go out for Mischief Night where you live? Did you as a kid?

Shelly :: Interesting that Arizona doesn’t do anything to its clocks. Saturday truly was a cardiofest for you. Yowzas! Have fun with B&G today – please do tell us how it is. Thanks—I did have a relaxing afternoon. I went out to watch some football games w/ friends.

Elaine :: It’s amazing to me that, to paraphrase Laurie, even in a time of tremendous grief, you are thinking of others. You are one incredible cheetah! Thoughts & prayers continue to be with you & your family.

Laurie :: you step geek, you! ;-) You have me thinking I should get back to SH, too. How was the girls’ trip to Toronto?

Christine :: I have done that sort of gift swap before…it *is* fun. Glad you had a good time. Thanks again for the kind words about teachers.

Laura :: I know what you mean about the scale…When I get on it, I close one eye and try to think light thoughts. :)

Sunny :: way to go on getting in Step Blast!

Linda :: congrats on getting the new DVDs! Great workout. Where did you go on vacation again? I’m sorry—I forget.

Carole :: I can see her being a bit Barbie-like. There is something somehow that seems “off” about her. I was surprised at how thin she was, to tell you the truth. (I think I was expecting someone more buff like Cathe & crew.) OR maybe it’s that she seems a little robotic. There seems to be a vacant look in her eyes when she’s telling you you can do it and you’re worth it, yada yada ya. I dunno. Gorgeous waterfall—thanks for posting! And 78 degrees! I’ll be right over! :)

Jess :: MM + Leg Press Mania??? Insane, girl! ;-) But glad you’re feeling better. Skating on hardwood floors--sounds like fun for the girls!

Natalie :: hope your fiancé is doing better. Rest up & take care of yourself!

Pamela :: hope you were were able to bank some zzz’s last night.

OK, I think I'm caught up w/ yesterday's posts. Hi to everyone else!

Good morning friendly ladies,

cathy- i do not think the kids go out for mischief night where i am, but then again what do i know, lol

elaine- my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

this morning i am off to the gym to do something;) , not sure if it will be a spin class or a run on the treadmill. i've decided to try splitting up my workouts in the am and pm (so i can get a little more shut eye in the mornings) so tonight when we get home it's legs, shoulders and abs.

happy monday all!:)

Good Morning ladies!

Sorry I never got back here y'day. My weekend is a blurr. I never stopped running and by the time I had some down time in the evening I was exhausted!

My day started with a 30 min run outside in the COOOOOLD y'day morning! I wanted to go longer but just didn't have the time as I didn't get out as early as I had wanted.x(

After that I went and worked with my friend for 4 hours at her office and from there it was off to that dreaded late lunch w/my soooo not favorite relative! LOL I survived. My friend even came with me to make sure of it! She's such a sweetie!:)

Anywho, I got home between 5-6 and was worn out. To my surprise though my DH had spent the morning cleaning for me! He washed the kitchen floor, vaccuumed the first floor of the house AND washed the dishes! WOW! I was floored! He's a sweetie too, ey? :+

So I don't have to work today or tomorrow. WOOH!:p After much going back and forth in my head over gym or no gym and what work out to do I have decided that I will do Slim and Lean and a spin class this morning. }( I may not be able to walk later but hey...it's in the name of good health so it's all good, right? ;)

I had my work outs pre-planned for this week but I took my rest day early and also realized the gym's class schedule is changing for November and I did not have one when I made the schedule so I nixxed it. I have to try to remember to pick up the schedule this morning so I can figure out my plan of attack for the rest of the week.

Gosh, I'm chatty! LOL Let me go and catch up...I haven't even done personals yet!:p

Hi !

In trying to catch up on the weekend posts I used up almost all my computer time, but I am gald to be updated with my Cheetah buddies.

Elaine- I am glad to see you are back reading the 'cheetah thread.' I have had you and your brother in my thoughts. Keeping his memory alive with good stories shared amoung your family and friends is special. When you shard how he was so supportive of your race; it was touching to read.

Today is a chilly outdoor run around my neighborhood. 5 or 6 miles. I should get the new DVD's today. I'll be previewing and chooosing one for tomorrow. I wanted to get in an extra run yesterday to start the week, (and have an extra day for the new DVD's) but I didn't feel up to omitting a rest day. I settled for a 30" yoga instead.

Hi to everyone!

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Hey Cheetahs! Well I'm feeling very DOMSey in my bis and tris today. THANKS SH!!}( :+ I'm feeling like some kickboxing today so I'll probably go with CardioKicks, haven't done that in a while. I have to go to my investment guy today and put some moolah in my RRSP fund so the tax man won't be so mean to me, the money stuff is the only thing I hate about being self-employedx( I'm great with a dollar but SUCK at finances, just sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher's voice when someone is talking to me about it Waannhh, waaaannnh, waaaannnhh....:+

Cathy, hope you can get that run in tonight and some yoga especially since you were so responsible in forgoing your yoga yesterday to catch up on work!! The Girls had a blast, danced up a storm and worked through the crowd to get close to the stage. It was quite a flurry of stories and excitment when they got home. They bought lots of tee shirts at the show and then pretty much melted down their debit cards on their shopping spree.:)

Sunny, have fun at the gym!!!

Wendy, that's awesome that your hubby was cleaning the house, you do lots and it's nice that you got a break. Enjoy your days off!

Judy, enjoy your previewing, I'm exicted for you!!

Gotta get to it, later Cheetahs!!

Take Care
Laurie

Happy (?) Monday All!!

I have a 5 mile run and Body Max’s Upper Body work on tap for today. Should be nice. I got a lot done yesterday, so that’s good. I can relax more this week!

Cathy – sounds like you’re going to get a great workout this afternoon! I’ve never actually heard of mischief night! Do you go out and cause mischief? We do trick or treating on Halloween night only here in California. And talk about lazy parents – many take their kids from house to house in a car!!! Amazing.

Sunny – Have fun with your split workouts! I did that for a while – had a gym membership for a gym by my office, so I could go over lunch. It was nice.

Wendy – OHH!! How sweet of your DH! Sounds like a great guy! The spin class and the Slim and Lean class together sound wonderful! Enjoy!!

Judy – Have a nice run!

Laurie – I LOVE S&H T&B – it’s one of my favorite workouts. I feel so strong afterwards! I know what you mean about hating finances – good luck with the investment guy.

Carole – love the photo of the waterfall! Thanks for sharing!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I have never heard of Mischief Night, so what is it? Enjoy your run later. I agree that robotic describes Jari good. She needs to relax a bit. I also expected her to be a bit more buff and not so skinny. We have bizarre weather in Oct. Very cold in the morning and hot in the afternoon, by Nov that usually changes.

Sunny...splitting up your workouts sounds like a good idea with your schedule. More sleep is nice..:)

Wendy...you seemed surrounded by sweetie's yesterday....:)...enjoy your days off!

Judy...hope your chilly run goes well this morning. I am hoping to get my new DVD's today also.

Laurie..have fun with Cardio Kicks.

Christine...have a nice run and fun with the upper body of Bodymax. If I get my new DVD's it might be BM2 this afternoon. Glad you liked the pic.

Natalie...hope things have calmed down for you. I know this sounds silly but what is an FI? I am going to follow Cathe's Nov rotation that she just posted, and modify with 4 days of running.

Pamela..wow...a busy weekend for you with the kids! I hope you got a good nights sleep.

I am doing an Elliptical workout this morning and maybe some abs.

Have a great day...

Good morning Cheetahs,

I have time for a quick check-in... Today was a quick 2.25 mile run and 15 minutes on my bike and yesterday was a light intensity day for me, I just did a few aerobics videos.

Have a great day everyone,

Katrina:)

Good morning all! Well yesterday I did coremax and some yoga. I kinda slacked off this week end but I felt like I needed a little break. Today, I am going to do The gauntlet that I said I was gonna do last week but ran on that day instead. I am not going to run this week because my podiatry appt is at the end of this week and I am hope hope hoping that we can do something about the PF. I feel great while I am running but the next day I can barely walk.

Cathy, have a great run. I am so jealous cuz I wanna run! We used to go TPing on Halloween! It was always so much fun running away before getting caught!

SunnyD, Enjoy your workout today.

Wendy, Isn't it great when DH's surprise us? Mine did all the laundry on saturday and let me tell ya there was alot. Have fun at the gym and enjoy your days off from work!

Judy enjoy your run? Do you ever feel your PF coming back?

Laurie, Enjoy the cardio kicks! Is that an old workout? I don't have it and I've never heard of it! Have a good day.

Christine, Glad you can relax more this week . That's always nice. Enjoy your run.

Carole. Enjoy the elliptical w/out. Do you want to hear something funny? I always call you MCKmain because I never noticed the Flashing Carole at the bottom. I was always thinking how come she never has her name on here? I saw it the other day and I was like DUH!! How could I have missed that!
:7

LD

Hi LD, CardioKicks is on the same DVD as CircuitMax (another awesome Cathe sweatfest}( ). CK is more like aerobics than her other kickboxing workouts but it still a goodie. Hope you have a good day too!

Carole, that picture was gorgeous yesterday! Thanks for sharing. I've never heard of mischief night either but some little gremlins around here sure have, they've been throwing tomatoes and eggs around the neighbourhoodx(

Christine, I love the feeling after I've had a productive day!!! Enjoy your run and B-Max u/b!

It's a lovely sunny day here today. It's a 45 minute drive to see my investment guy then I'll have lunch with an old friend. Should be a good day, hope yours is too!!!:)

Take Care
Laurie

Hey ladies,

I decided on spin class this a.m.

if interested you can visit AmandaHenderson2.blogspot.com
and check me out taking the TK cert. class. In the first pic i have on a dark blue tank top sitting down in front. scroll down and i have on a light blue tank top doing the class and the last pic i have on a white and grey sweat jacket on.

ttyl...

Hi cheetahs!

Quick check in for me, as I have to get in to work early...

I'm doing Boot Camp today, woohoo!! I love this workout :). I wasn't able to get through everything, but I loved attempting to do them ;). I sweated buckets, that's for sure!

I can't join my running group for our run this Saturday, but I will join them for the Thursday run--I just hope I can get myself out of bed that early!! I don't think I'm used to getting up that early anymore...

Everyone have a great week!

Jennifer

LD...I do hope the Podiatrist can help with your PF. Have fun with the Gauntlet. Thats funny about my name....:)...not a problem as I have been referred to as Mckmain or Carole here on this Forum!

Laurie...thanks, you know me I like posting pics! Does not seem like any mischief going on in my neighborhood! Enjoy your day and lunch with a friend...:)

Sunny...thanks for the link. It is always nice to put a face and body to a name!! You are in great shape!....and most of the others look quite serious...:)

G'morning Cheetahs!! I'm trying to decide what to do today. Surprisingly, NO DOMS from my workouts y'day!! I'm thinking a step workout, I might even do a Christi Taylor step.

Just the usual Monday CleanMax around here. Laundry, and still reorganizing from the home renovations. I added a few more pics http://www.picturetrail.com/jess_jugs Plus some of us carving out pumpkins last night.

I've never heard of Mischief night?? But, our little town does have a Halloween parade tonight so we'll go to that w/ the kids in costume. They have a little judging contest afterwards for the best costumes. The girls are excited about it!

OK, I'll be back in a bit to post some more!

Hi Cheetahs,
Did the step portions of SJP & SB this a.m. -- a fun way to start a Monday. Hope to get some UB work in later today or tomorrow before an easy run.

I'm supposed to get my new DVDs today! Yahoo! I can't wait.

I'm trying to stay focused on getting things done around the house today. Got some errands out of the way and have cooking to do.

Hope to be back later for personals.

-Barb:) :) :)

Good morning all! Anxiously awaiting the arrival of Cathe's new DVDs here:) I just may tackle the UPS man when he gets here}(
In the mean time when I'm finished here I'll go out for a run. Not sure how long I'll go...I'll just play it by ear and take it easy.
Cathy- I remember the night before Halloween when I was young...called it Devil's night. I think the tradition is dying out though. I see no evidence of it here anyway. Happy Monday to you!

Elaine- How nice to read your post yesterday! It sounds like you are coping okay with your brother's death. I hope a good long run today will be therapeutic for you. Thank you for your healing thoughts for me....I think they are working and I'm feeling much better but the progress is so sllloooooowww x(

Laurie- I enjoyed your tale about financial planning....Charlie Brown's teacher voice...too cute;-) so it's DOM city for ya today?

Christine- Your account of the gift exchange party was great. I've heard of those, never been to one though. Good job on the 5 mile run today. BTW, it was in the news last week that Indiana caved and
now follows DST, so Arizona is the last holdout...in the continental US anyway. As a night shift worker I'm glad not to deal with it:)

Carole- I love your pics!!! Thanks for the tip about deepdiscountdvd.
I will definitely go there for my next purchase. First though I have to thoroughly explore the new Cathes!!!! I think you're getting them today also.....? We'll all be talking about our DOMS tomorrow I guess.

Jess- Congratulations on your breakthrough work with MM! The gymstyle workouts really took me to a new level also.

SunnyD- I almost always split my workouts. I can be much more effective that way. Have a great time at your spin class.

Wendy- Glad you survived your cold run. Wow your DH sure is a sweetie....lucky girl!

Judy- So your getting the new workouts today also? I'm afraid I'm way to impatient to do the right thing and preview them first. I just jump right in!!!

Linda- Have fun with the Gauntlet today...fantastic workout! I just love the way that one is put together. BTW for your PF, it's probably been mentioned to you before but on the days you run...that night do you wear a splint for your PF? I mean a special bootie device that keeps your foot in the plantar flexion (toes up) It is supposed to really help with the pain the following day by keeping the inflamed tendons from tightening up. I see them in catalogues alot.

Barb- Hey girl...what new workout will you tackle first?

Okay, enough chattin with the cheetahs. Hopefully I can post later
and let y'all know how I fare. DH invited company tonight....rats
it'll cut into my time with drillmax!!! Do you think our friend would mind watching me workout??? ;-)

ShellyC

Good morning Cheetahs!

I'm another who has not heard of Mischief Night. What is it?

Cathy and Carole, I did get some sleep last night. :)

Barb today was SJP cardio only for me too! I love the Body Blast music.

Wendy, you've got to tell me what you did to get that kind of service from your dh. Please bottle and market it! :)

Laurie, I hear the same voice when DH talks to me about our retirement plans. I can see his mouth moving, but all I hear is bwam bwam bwomp. :D. Do you drink caffeine? I usually drink an extra cup of coffee or I'll have an espresso to help me focus when I know I have to listen to something important and I also know that something bores me to tears. :) Hope it goes well.

Sunny, glad you enjoyed your workout.

Hello Christine, LD, Jess, Jennifer, Katrina, Elaine, Laura, and all other Cheetahs checking in later :)

Pamela

Hi Ladies.

I am ticked off at myself. I drove to the gym, through the lot and out the exit and back home again w/o stopping. :-( I totally blew off my spin class. x( I now have cardio AND weights to do at home and I'm STILL not motivated to do ANYTHING!x( x( x( Days like this make me crazy I tell ya!:eek:

Pamela, Trust me girl! Y'day was not my DH's USUAL behavior. He is a sweet and kind soul but he was raised by an old fashioned italian mom who basically wiped his butt for him until he was in his late 20's (LOL!) so he rarely takes the initiative on the housework like that! This was just a bizarre thing he did and I don't even know what prompted it! :p I think you are the one who asked me about my first race...it went well...it was a small 5k and I ran it in 32.01 mins. I recently ran a 5 miler in 54.14 as well. I was supposed to run another 5k a week or so ago but I had a cold-can't breathe, can't run!:-( I am now shooting for a 5 miler on Black Friday. I just need coverage at work and I'm there!}( Sorry for the novel!:p

Shelly, Enjoy your run! Is your UPS guy hot!?}( }( If he is then tackling him may not be such a bad thing!;) :7

Jess, Great pumpkin carving pics! Hannah looks so much like you! All of your girls are adorable! :+

Barb, Enjoy the DVD's when you get 'em! I am still waiting for mine. Patience is a virtue and the anticipation is half the fun!:)

Jennifer, BC is a tough work out! Glad you enjoyed it!

Sunny, Great pics! Everyone looked like they were having a blast!

Laurie, Enjoy your lunch!:9

LD, I will enjoy my days off but at the same time I will go a little crazy too. I know, I'm wierd!:p My DH hasn't done laundry in ages but I do remember long ago before I was even pregnant, I got sick so he did a bunch of laundry for me!:)

Katrina, What exactly does "a few aerobics videos" mean?? Sounds to me like hours of working out and you called it a LIGHT day!?!:7 :p

Carole, Enjoy your work out! I have to hit the abs hard today! I only worked them ONCE last week! :eek:

Christine, Enjoy your run!

Judy, Have a great day!

quick hello...Cheetah friends.. I did S&H back only.

Cathy-Hope you get your run in after school. My DS in middle school does not get a number of assignments returned after completion, so I am impressed that you grade and return work!! I am having a good hair day post my Friday haircut. Nice for that first 2 weeks post haircut. My hair obeys!

Shelly-- I'll definitely tackle B& G first. I know I will love that. What's your diabolical plan after you bring the UPS guy a bandaid?? Your cardiofest the other day was humbling, girl! That was a serious energy burst!

Wendy--some days are just like that. Maybe you need a rest? I get like that, too, don't know if I need to rest or hurl myself out the door to exercise. You are doing great. Don't get down on yourself. My 10yo DS is dressing up as an iPod for Halloween. What is Joey going to be? Maybe you already said, but I missed it!

Sunny-great pics. Thanks for shasring.

Jennifer--glad you like BC. I like the weight work better than the cardio.

Pamela -- I agree about the music on BB series. It always puts a smile on my face. So fun that we did the same workout today. My least favorite step combo is #3, but I love that "Special K"

Laurie & Pamela -- the Charlie Brown thing with finances -- count me in.

Carole--have a fun elliptical workout. Which abs did you do?

Christine--how was your run? I'm excited to try the upper body work on BM-2.

Elaine TYR--if you're checking in--hope you had a good run today. Still thinking of you and hoping you are finding comfort in small things daily.

Have a great day everyone!
-Barb

Boo!!
:) :) :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.