:::: CHEETAHS :::: Memorial Day

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs~

Didn't make it back yesterday on account of the crud. I bagged the BBQ and will bag today's, too. I've got the whole razor blades in the throat thing going on and feel blechhhh, in general.

Carole :: oh yes, lack of courtesy is a peeve of mine! It's something I really try to work on with my students--the social courtesies they don't bother with, such as greet people when you pass them, and if someone asks about your weekend, you respond and then ask about THEIRS. It's not all about you. Take an interest in others. They are pretty competitive academically, but they don't realize that personality and people skills can go a long way. Oops, here I'm going into shop talk mode--sorry! *lol* It just grates on me when people are NOT courteous...Glad you got some much-needed rain. Hope you had a great 8 miler. Did it rain? Had to laugh at the smiley you used for DH having off. Try not to kill him today. :)

Judy :: hope you enjoyed your golf.

Gloria :: yup, the bug nabbed me. I do the k'box one on CTX and the other weight workouts. But I really did primarily buy it for LL. I did my lesson plans on Friday before I left, so I had very little to do yesterday morning. Fantastic feeling!...AWESOME run for being under the weather.

Sunny :: awesome workout!

Christine :: ohhhh, OK. I do have Powerstrike #4 but have only done it once or twice. That is great that everyone is seeing results so fast from Alwyn's programs.

Posh :: happy belated to DH! What an incredible spread.
Have a great run today!

Dallas :: speedy run! And that is with pushing a 5-year-old???? Wow! I am much, MUCH slower! I picked up two new, little blisters yesterday, too.

Wendy :: hope you had fun @ the BBQ.

Enjoy your day, ladies!

Good Morning Cheetahs!:)

Cathy: Eat some chicken soup and get some rest. What a bummer that you caught the crud! I hope you feel better soon!!!

Today's work out is a 30 min steady state run with my friend early this morning and then my AB weights this afternoon. I'm supposed to do weights first but I couldn't get my arse outta bed early enough. Oh well!:p

I ordered these sneaks last night, btw. I've been lookin' for a pair that weren't super expensive and I got 20% off and free shipping PLUS free returns if they don't fit! Can't go wrong!

http://www.shoebuy.com/avia-a5536w/213666/465626

BBL to see what everyone is up to.

Good morning dear cheetahs! I slept in til almost 0630 this morning!!!:eek: Had a pretty good time at my BILs yesterday. My in laws are all very sweet but I have a hard time hanging out with them basically because I have nothing in common with them. Most of their conversation revolves around TV shows (all I ever watch is the news)
shopping (which I hate) and their idea of a strenuous workout is a walk around the block. Oh well! It's another beautiful day here on the Jersey shore and I'm headed out soon for a 4 mile tempo run.
I'll also do a nice step workout... probably Seasun's SUS.

Wendy- Congrats on an impressive BF% loss in only a week! You'll be looking cut in no time! Wow, you are a tough trainer (LOL) not letting DH cheat just a little! About my in-laws becoming permanent fixtures.... why do you think we're buying a house in PA!! We'll be close enough for DH to help but not TOO close. But yes, while we're in NJ we'll likely be seeing them alot... it's okay tho. How did the BBQ go? Nice looking shoes!!! Have a great time on your run today.

Cathy- FIL seems to be doing well thanks, he's quite careful for the most part with his follow up care. He surprised me yesterday by saying he would like to have a TM!!
I was curious what your longest run was ever... so I guess you've ran a half mary. So it'll be memorable then when your long run gets up to 14!... Do you go anywhere special for your long runs or do you just stay around the neighborhood? sorry your run was so tough yesterday.... some runs are just like that unfortunately. It may be partly due to working out so hard the day before. I'm hoping it is fatigue from the run making you feel so bad. I often feel stress in my throat after a long hard race. Anyway, sending you sympathetic healing vibes!!!!

Carole- How did the long run with your sis go yesterday? Did it rain on ya?

Judy- How was the golfing?

Gloria- Glad you got an extra long weekend... you really needed the break! You got yourself some great cross trainers there! I think you'll really going to feel the difference. Nice job on getting thru that run yesterday.

Christine- My in-laws are pretty polite about me being a vegetarian now but they are totally clueless. I get questions alot like... well- you eat veal don't you?? How about chicken? Oh come on... there's only a LITTLE meat! etc. etc. My BIL and SIL always BBQ enough to feed an army. Yesterday, he grilled chicken legs,thighs, hamburger patties, hot dogs,and sausage!!!! (there were only 7 of us) BIL very nicely grilled my Quorn patties for me.... delicious! I've been following the news about the fire in your area and sending you sympathy vibes! I didn't know there were catheites living there. wooohooo you are getting in some hard core kickbutt workouts! I'm very impressed with your endurance--- ya might as well be training for a marathon!

Thomasina- Hey, we were both at a family BBQ for our DHs yesterday!! (His was the 23rd tho) but they had a cake, candles, presents, etc. Great job getting in your run in the rain.

Dallas- Nice run!! Looks like we do pretty similar paces on our training runs.... makes me wish I were joining you in Chicago!! Well, some day!

Time to get movin here.... tata

ShellyC

Shelly :: glad to hear FIL is doing better. A TM would be a great for him!...yeah, I've run a half, so I've never had to exceed 9-10 for my training runs...I run through neighboring towns...My cousin's new GF is a runner (and a skier! yay!) and she is training for this year's MCM, so we'll likely get together for a few long runs...*lol* about the questions you are having to field. How DO you keep a straight face?? Sorta reminds me of the aunt in My Big, Fat Greek Wedding (love that movie!): "What you mean--he don't eat no meat?!...That's OK. I make lamb." :7 Nope, it's definitely a head cold or something complete with congestion, headache, earache, and all that fun stuff. Thank you for the vibes!!

Wendy :: enjoy your run.

ETA: Oh PS...I've read through some of TT and have decided to go with that starting 6/2. Carole & Shelly: do you think this plan is conducive for marathon training?

Here's what Craig's week looks like:
Day 1: workout A (weights + 20 min. intervals)
Day 2: light activity- 30 min. (yoga, pilates, walk)
Day 3: workout B (weights + 20 min. intervals)
Day 4: light activity
Day 5: workout A
Day 6: light activity
Day 7: light activity

I'm thinking of doing the TT workouts only twice per week, like this:
M: abs (day after long run)
T: workout A (intervals outdoors)
W: yoga + abs
R: workout B (intervals outdoors)
F: light activity + abs
S: easy run
S: long run

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Morning girls :)
I am so OFF on what day is today--feels like a Sunday :) This week will fly for sure :) Today is a rest day for me--was suppose to be yesterday but I decided to work off a few CABS I had at the 50th party the night before :) I did a 4mile run followed by 30minutes on the upright. I also worked my abs and did some tricep work as well.

Christine: I so love a sale. Makes me appreciate my purchase that much more. Some things are so expensive --I just can't justify paying too much for stuff. I hope the fires are under control there. I saw on the news they said temps were going to be cooler. Hope that helps.

Sunny: I'm following a running program. It keeps me accountable on my mileage etc. As for the weights--I mix up my days with diff body parts. It seems to be working lots. I got some nice compliments this weekend on the tone of my arms. So that's always a plus. I think allot has to do with my eating--Ive cleaned my diet up since January and have been able to maintain my weight loss and see some nice shape to my muscles.

Shelly: It was a family 50th party. DH's cousin. It was allot of fun. His children tend to be a little mellow side. Where as DH's siblings like to have fun. We did so much dancing that night. I actually think any CAB I had that night was worn right off. :) The menu was filled with gravies and pork and beef. Stuff I do not eat-- DH was kind and gave me all his veggies LOL.

Wendy: Don't think I'm starting anything new right now. What I have been doing seems to be working for me now. I hear ya on not wanting to eat too much prior to a GTG--but then if you don't you may be tempted to indulge in some things you wouldn't normally eat. Sounds like you are keeping DH on track.

Gloria: Sounds like you got some much needed rest

Dallas: Too cute on the lemonade stand. Hope the weather held out for ya.

Cathy: Hope you are feeling better soon

Posh: Your BBQ menu sounds yummy :9

Judy: Did you get a chance to see any of the PGA going on in your area? SIL and her hubby were able to be there before coming home for the party.

I'm hungry so better see if there is anything left in the fridge. May have to make a food run. DS is home and stuff tends to go fast :) At least he eats healthy :)

BBL maybe :)

Was doing a little exploring on Craig's site and have a TT question for Sunny and Christine: do you recommend starting with the intermediate program? TIA for your suggestions!

Christine -- BTW, I am realizing I accidentally attributed your success to Alwyn, forgetting that you are doing TT. All these programs we're doing, I'm getting mixed up! *lol*

Kath -- great job burnin' off those CABs.

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...sorry the run yesterday was so tough. I am SURE it is because you were getting sick! Do you have any Airborne?? I have actually done the hot salt water gargling for a sore throat. Take it easy today...I agree with you 100% on your courteous feelings. I think your TT rotation would work out fine along with marathon training. I did not get rained on for the run, my hip was a bit sore the last mile but otherwise the run was good. I lucked out as DH went fishing with his buddy today...http://www.emotihost.com/glass14/1.gif[/img]

Shelly...your in laws sound like mine!! I give you lots of credit for hanging out for a long time with them. It is really tough when you have not much in common. I only ran about a mile with my sis, but the 8 miles was rain free.

Gloria...I did have a nice rain free run yesterday!! Good job with the 4 miles. Glad you got some Crosstrainers.

Christine...How is the fire today?...I sure was hoping the rain Saturday would help the conditions. We didn't get much rain either yesterday, it was just cloudy all day. I have only used the JS a few times and have not used any weights in it yet. That is great the intervals are helping your endurance!!

Posh...sounds like a nice celebration for DH's B-Day! The menu did sound tasty....yuk, glad I was never a cheeto fan, but kids do love that stuff!!

Dallas...WOW, that lemonade stand your kids did does bring back some memories! I used to have one too as a kid. Way to go with the 9:10 pace. We did get some yard work done..

I have decided not to do the 5K Jun 8th. I realized I just don't want the pressure for a short run until I am running better. Got some yard work done yesterday. DH and I pulled out some dead plants and got replacements planted. We have this area that has been taken over with bermuda grass (it is real viney and sucks the life out of the plants it takes over) and I think we need to dig out all the plants and chuck them, then spray the area and hopefully replant some stuff. Our yard has been a bit neglected for awhile.

I am planning on P90X C&B, abs, squats and calf work, and 40 min on the EXT.

Have a great day...:)

Morning Cheetahs!

It turned out to be a beautiful night last night. No rain until we were home! :) The Sox won! That Quentin guy....holy cow!!

We all slept in (7:30), so I still have to work out. Today, will be APX upper body and some cardio (not sure what yet). My legs feel pretty good right now. I forgot to tell you that I did half the run listening to music, but got bored so I switched to iTread #26 (flat and fast). That was perfect for running those laps at the park. ;-)

Carole ~ Glad you got that yard work done! I have so much to do out there. Haven't even bought my annuals yet. Today would have been perfect, but Dh just informed me we're having a BBQ here. :eek: Now I have to run and get food, straighten the house, and still work out! UGH! Too funny on that BIG smiley emoticon. LOL! Enjoy your quite day today. :)

Cathy ~ I'm getting mixed up too with all these programs. :eek: Hope the crud doesn't get worse. Great job on pushing through the run y-day! I'm trying to figure out what I want to do as well re: weights. There are so many choices. I think I want to stick w/DVDs for now. Love that movie.....we're always quoting it! My mil made all this food for today and she had no idea if anyone was coming to her house. I think DH started feeling guilty. x( Oh well. Oh no!....only pushing him up the hills. :eek: Not the whole time! lol IA about the manners of kids these days. I'm constantly lecturing my kids on this topic.

Kath ~ I make several trips to the grocery store in a week. Hope you found something to eat. ;-)

Shelly ~ I think my faster pace was me just trying to keep up with my kids. lol :+ People drive like you know what!!! Hey, if it pushes me faster I'll keep them biking with me. ;-) The iTread certainly helped at the end...I was getting bored with the laps around the pond. I would love to run a race with you too!! Your comments to Christine had me lol. It does remind me of MBFGW movie. :7 I had some pasta salad at the graduation party y-day and was in pain the whole rest of the day/night. :( I definitely have issues w/gluten and/or wheat. I should really find out what triggers it. :(

Wendy ~ Love those shoes! Those are x-training shoes, right? Have fun running with your friend.

Gloria ~ Great job on your run and you're not 100%! :eek: Yeah, not too many customers for the stand. ;-)

Well, better get moving...now that we're having a BBQ here. At least I have control over what's served! }(

Hi to the rest of the gals!

Cathy: I am sorry you are not feeling well. :-( I am crossing my fingers for a quick recovery for you. Maybe you should stay home tomorrow? I am always giving my kids lectures on social skills. Yes, in middle school they think it is all about them. Take care of yourself today! :)

Wendy: Nice shoes!

Shelly: I am quite excited about the new shoes. I even paid $15 for shipping so I could get them sooner. My orthopedist said I should get new shoes every three months due to the way I am built. I appreciate all your sound advice! :) That is nice the family is tolerable! I don't have any issues with my DH's family really. My MIL is quite girly and probably wishes her son married someone who is like that, but she treats me well.

Kath: Enjoy your day off today! :)

Carole: My DH and I live in the woods, so we do not have a yard. We just let it go wild, which is nice. Glad you had a pain free run!

Dallas: Enjoy your busy day and BBQ! I am off today too, it does feel like Sunday!

It is humid out there today. I am not used to this since I lived in Montana the last two summers. It is very dry out there. We went to a friends and sat outside last night with CABs. The bugs were terrible, which is not the case in Montana. Are you sick of me talking about Montana yet? LOL! :) Well, today I will work out, go to school and visit DH at the flyshop. Have a fantastic day ladies! BBL!

Oh, by the way... I feel really lucky to be able to get advice from such knowledgable ladies here on the thread! Thank you very much! :)

hey ladies,

i did a hour long run this morning to burn off calories in preparation for my eats today}( . we are having a BBQ !!

cathy- personally i do not think you will need to begin with the intermediate program as you alreay have a very strong base of working out. in addition to loads of endurance and stamina. cathe and running has put us in a great position!!:) i hope you feel better.

sorry no time for more personals i am in the middle of cooking and laundry....

hello to all the cheetahs:D

Sunny: Great run! Enjoy the BBQ!

I was just checking flights from Detroit to NYC for the marathon and they are CHEAP! Only $180 per person and non stop! I can't wait to find out if I am going. I am so excited about this that I know I will be heartbroken if I don't get in. Oh well, we will see. :)

Happy Memorial Day Ladies!!

Thomasina – Happy Birthday to DH a few days early! Sounds like you had a fabulous BBQ! I’m bummed I wasn’t invited. :+ Yay rain! I agree. Enjoy your run today.

Dallas – oh – I love true rest days, but I’ll bet you were busy busy! A lemonade stand? Did they make a lot of money? Did you get the in game yesterday? Hope the mole skin helped. Did you wear new socks or different socks? Sometimes I get blisters if I don’t have good socks on. Weird, I know. Glad you had fun at the Sox game (in my household – Sox mean RED, not White… :+ DH is a Boston fan – so my first thought was wondering how you were going to see the Sox play when they just lost to Oakland earlier… :p)

Wendy – Hope Keiko had a good stay! Too bad your poor pup misses him! :p How’d you do at the BBQ? Nice shoes, by the way!

Gloria – Hope the cross trainers fit the bill for you. I think I need a new pair, actually. My running shoes are pink. I love pink! :p I would be missing Montana, too, so don’t feel bad for talking about it. Are you going back soon or are you staying put now?

Cathy - I’m very, very impressed that you managed to run the full 9.25 miles feeling like you did (and obviously on the edge of the nasty cold that is going around!). You’ll manage your marathon from sheer will power!! *sends vibes for fast recovery* I so hope you feel better soon! DH was knocked for a loop with that. It’s funny how well you get to know the neighborhoods with the longer runs. Try training for a century bike ride some time! I knew more back roads than my parents did who lived there for years! :p Which one of Craig’s programs are you doing? The one I’m doing doesn’t have break downs for intermediate or advanced, but I know some do. But I do agree with Sunny that you should start with the Advanced. On the Craig vs Alwyn – I get them mixed up too!

Shelly – 6:30?! You are as bad as I am!! I know the feeling about conversations about tv – I watch news. DH watches sports, but that’s about it. I did a little of SUS yesterday – I’m still learning it. I like it a lot. It’s going to be one of those that I LOVE when I finally get it. I really enjoy Seasun’s step. Thanks for recommending her! Thanks for the kudos on the workouts, but unless something really changes, I don’t see a marathon in my future. It’s more because I have troubles sticking to one routine (like running) for long enough to really train, then anything else. I have the attention span of a gnat. :+ Glad to hear your inlaws are sweet but clueless about your eating. I cannot believe the food they grilled for 7 people!! My stomach hurts just reading it. Glad to hear DFIL is following his follow up care well.

Kath – Oh I hear ya! I finally stepped foot into H&M yesterday, and I was thrilled that so much was on sale. I got TWO pairs of cute capris (white and black), and three tanks for under $50.00. I was so excited. Even DH was impressed. I agree with not being able to justify paying for some things. Prices can be crazy!

Carole – Oh, I’m glad you get your day to yourself today!! I have all four kids at home (DH, DD19, DD15 and Jimmy). :+ We just had the overcast weather as well. It was weird – it really looked like it was going to rain and was MUGGY! But it didn’t. The sun is trying to break through today, we’ll see if it succeeds. Enjoy your workout!

Sunny – enjoy your BBQ!! Good job getting in a nice run!

The fire IS 70% contained and they expect to have it out by Friday. What a relief! Last night DH and I went out with friends – the same friends that always eat way too late and then I’m starved, so I eat too much. I love them, but I hate their eating habits. :p I did pretty well, though – we went Italian and I have a seafood pasta and only ate half of it. I also had a pomegranate martini – YUM!! But now I have some work to do to get the extra calories off! (we also had little appetizers and a few other CABs) Today I’ll do a family BBQ, but it will be low key. Just hamburgers (turkey burger for me), baked beans, corn and a salad with a watermelon for dessert. I’ve been waking up with these horrid cramps in my big toe of all things (it migrates up to a quad cramp, though ICK!). I’m taking calcium/magnesium pills, which have always helped before, but I stopped with the bananas, so I’ll add those back and see what happens. Today is TT Big Five for Fat Loss Workout A, again, followed by intervals – as my bike is out of commission, I’ll take Jimmy and run them – I’ll make a game out of them – we’ll have fun. Have a great day everyone!!

Afternoon Cheetahs!

Cathy - The reunion was nice. It was a good turnout. They had everyone to introduce themselves and that made it easier to remember some. Great job on the 9.25 miles! Sorry you're not feeling well. Hope it doesn't last long.

Sunny - Is sis gone yet? Glad you're having fun. Love my new workout room. Everything is right there at my fingertips. Have fun at your BBQ.

Shelly - I use to love to go to garage sales. Now, I don't want my junk and anybody else's either. Moving really enforced that. Glad your DH enjoyed it. Good luck with getting DH into moving more.

Wendy - Cute about your houseguest. Sorry about the interrupted sleep. How nice that DH is doing P90X! Good luck to him. I ordered P90X+. Says it should arrive on June 2. I hope so. Then, I can use it in my June rotation.

Carole - My house is more of a starter home and I guess people know they could get qualified for a mortgage. That's probably why I've had so much interest. Glad you got the day to yourself after all. Don't you just love it? Hope you enjoyed your workout.

Gloria - Glad you're feeling better and able to get a run in. Glad you found some CXT too. I always buy my workout shoes a size larger than my normal shoe size. Toes need plenty of room.

Christine - Good job on the spinnervasl! Glad you're enjoying your rotation. I'm glad to hear the fires are almost contained. I hate going out to eat late too. I'm usually starved. Then, DBF will want to order an appetizer and then a meal. Of course, being the nice GF that I am, I help him eat all of that stuff. BBQ sounds yummy for today.

Posh - Happy Birthday to DH!

Dallas - How did the lemonade stand do? Sounds like you got in quite the run. I did get to relax some yesterday. I was really exhausted. Kept nodding off while watching tv. I was even nodding at church. Enjoy your BBQ.

Kath - Hope you enjoyed your rest day! DS keeps you running for the food, huh? LOL!

Today's workout was Cuts & Curves and ARX. Went to cemetary to place flowers on dad's grave. Now, I'm just taking it easy.

Hope everyone enjoyed the holiday!

Jackie

Afternoon, cheetahs~

I've spent my day dozing and watching a CSI: Miami marathon. Had a fever, but I think it's finally breaking.

Carole :: I think it is too late for the Airborne--it really hit me quick. Thanks for the feedback on TT. How's the hip feeling now?

Dallas :: it is actually the manners (or lack thereof) of adults which I find more appalling. Kids don't know unless they're taught. My two biggest peeves, I would say, are not thanking someone for holding a door, and then I never understand the people you work with every day who cannot take the time to say, "Hello" or "Good morning." Many people I guess are just too wrapped up in themselves to bother with others. Hope you have fun hosting the BBQ.

Gloria :: I really can't stay home tomorrow--things aren't ready for a sub, and calling out sick the day after a holiday means I'd definitely have to get in to the doc. We'll see. If I'm still feeling lousy, I may stay home on Wednesday. Not sick at all of the Montana talk. Would love to get out that way someday. And what were you doing at SCHOOL on your day off, miss??? My fingers are crossed for you to make NYC...I might be able to come cheer you on...BUT if you don't, I hope you'll consider Chicago. That would be a decent consolation, don'tcha think?

Sunny :: thanks for the advice and get well wishes. Enjoy the BBQ! How in the world you three are able to walk around after all that punishment, I have no idea! :)

Christine :: thanks!...I am doing the Original TT. I saw some of the bonuses that come with it, but it was becoming too overwhelming, so I'm starting there. How much is the monthly membership? I get one month free but was afraid to look at the cost. Thanks for your feedback on TT, too. I do believe this will be my one and only marathon. I haven't been to H&M in ages, but I have been finding very cute, on-the-cheap pieces at Target in the past few months. OMG, I love BBQ food and all this talk of these delicious menus has me salivating!!! :) :) :) I'm glad the fires will be out by the end of the week...Weird about your toe. Could it be gout?

Posh :: oh, oops! DH's b'day is on the 29th and it's only the 26th. Duh. Can you tell I'm delirious? *lol*

Jackie :: *lol* about not wanting anyone else's junk and yours neither. Isn't that the truth. Was today the anniversary of your dad's passing or was it in honor of his service?

OK, getting hot again here, so I'm back to the couch in a moment. Enjoy your evening, everyone!

Hellllllllllloooooooooo Cheetahville!

MIA Cheetah draggin her sorry arse back into the den with her tail between her legs :p lol! It has not been a good week here (with the exception of lotsa quality time with DSO this weekend)...between work "issues", no time for workouts, really BAD eating (pretty much binging) for the past two weeks, and the fact that Aunt Flo seems to have skipped my place this time around but has left ALL of the bloating (at least I *hope* it's bloat!), I've found myself in one he!! of a funk lately. I think the "kitten thereapy" has been the only thing keeping me from becaoming a serial killer...J/K! I'm hoping that gettin back here will help get me back on track...there's no slacking off with you gals!!!

So tonight I managed to get in SB/SJP Step and Hi/Lo Circuit, plus SB Challenge. I won't lie, it was tough tonight! I find afternoon/evening workouts very challenging, especially after work (like today). I'm planning on an easy-ish 4ish miler tomorrow morning, regardless of how tired I may feel. I've just got to get up and get back into gear.

Alrighty, enough wallowing for now. Give me a bit to go back and catch up on everything. TTFN!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.