::: CHEETAHS ::: Make it a merry Monday!

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs!! Happy Monday!!! :) :) :) It's gonna be a great one. I can feel it!

Thomasina :: *lol* at your sleeping smileys. Hope you got a good night’s rest.

Lori :: hope you enjoyed your rest day…I have to ask you about the expression “clued.” I’d love to use it as an example in my classroom as it’s not an expression we’re familiar with locally, and I had to infer its meaning using context clues, which is what we’re always encouraging them to use as a vocabulary strategy. OK, I’m rambling here. But it means, “finished,” no?

Sunny :: I did have some joint pain when we temporarily upped it my dosage to 60 mg, but everybody’s different. I was also doing the X at the time, and my doc suggested strenuous exercise might cause some of the symptoms. No way, of course, we’re givin’ up our workouts!…Thanks for the kind words. To me, though, I was repulsed every time I looked in the mirror.

Carole :: Bats sounds so bad, it’s good. :) Absolutely lost it when I read “if I kick him enough, he does leave and go to the couch.” iClimb 17 sounds like a goodie. Do you think your EXT has done anything for your core? So are you gonna post the pic of Sadie in the leaves? :7

Judy :: Amazing that your newspaper carrier managed to deliver the paper on time!…Nice of DH to fill up your tank for you…Reminds me of one thing I love about Jersey – we don’t pump our own gas!…What WO did you wind up doing? How are conditions today?

Lorie :: sorry about the chest cold…Hope Mr. X pampered and took good care of you!

Wendi :: OMG, you shoveled heavy snow on top of that WO? You so crazy, girl! MAJOR calorie burn - sweet!…Glad you had the day off…A good ice scraper is a great gift.

Christine :: it was the VP who wore the leather pants??? *lol* Oh boy…Loved the creative WO idea yesterday.

Shelly :: you did a lot yesterday! I would love to know where to find U/A on bargain…I paid full price for the Cold Gear pieces I have. Doesn’t seem to go on sale around here. But even at full price, it is so, so worth it! It is the only thing I’ll wear on the mountain!

Jackie :: I did opt for about an hour-long nap yesterday…did the trick…hope you enjoyed your rest day yesterday.

Linda :: oh no! Don’t feel bad at all. I do like mine and felt a unique kind of burn with those workouts, BUT as you said, there are just too many other choices that I reach for first…I did the dome only portion of that workout…I need to try the hi/lo. I’ve never done ANY hi/lo.

Wendy :: Poor DH working such long, hard hours and then being “on call”…that’s hard on YOU, too!…I made really good progress with my to-do list and am ready to charge into the week. Finally, the Nat’l Board stuff is starting to gel in my mind. Sorry the cookie baking plans fell through…dinner sounded scrumptious! I love seafood.

Warm hellos to everyone else dropping in today!

Tonight (yoga/stretch day) will probably be a mishmosh of 10 Min. Solutions Yoga and PM Stretch. I need it. My u/b and my quads are still tight.

Just have to sing the praises of the BOSU some more…I am really feeling a difference in core strength. My abs are getting flatter and gaining some definition, and I *feel* stronger – esp. noticeable in the low back when I lift. I think the EXT may be helping that as well.

Have a GREAT day, ladies! BBL tonight.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/stockingsmiley1.gif

Good morning ladies,

well no workout for me yesterdayx( . i got rolling with all of my house chores and with no dh to help with the kids, it just didn't happen.

so today i am going to do the cardio only of DM and my TT workout of the day! with it being so close to christmas i am having alot of cancelations with clients so that leaves me a little more time.

cathy- you know i know exactly how you feel. i feel the same when i look into the mirror. it's really hard. my acne is worse than when i was a teenagerx( x( . great job with the BOSU...you have me thinking i need to pull my mine a little bit more}(

wendy- we made YOUR cookies last night, while watching santa claus is coming to town, lol!

linda- i am with you. not really a fan of hi/lo but did really enjoy the one time i did amy's hi/lo dome challenge.

ok, off to train a client in her home and then back for my workout!

Hi Merry Monday Cheetahs-

Sunny- Even if you did not get in a WO at least you were productive! What kind of cookies did you make with your kids?

Cathy- I am really interested in the BOSU. DS's trainer gave me a few BOSU DVD's to look over. You had a great WO yesterday! We do have a significant amount of snow. DD has school and she attends the local school. DS is cancelled. He is calling it payback for the last time he had to go and she did not. They were having an advent mass at DS's school today and then the rest of the week is midterms for him. He wants to ski today. I think he should study!

Linda- I am another person who doesn't favor hi/lo.

I ended up doing PP UBx2 premix yesterday for a change. I have already shoveled a bit this morning. Later it will be hunt for our news paper. Then it will be a TM run. First though DD will need a ride to school....YUCK!

Has anyone looked at the Runners World Jan issue? It has so many recommendations it is actually confusing!

Oh, My Dear Sis has a birthday today and she is a teacher. Her district has a snow day~ Isn't that a great Birthday surprise?

Carole- good going on the 7 miles. Did stopping to stretch help?

Wendi- It is hard to believe you cannot find a snow /ice scraper! How about at gas stations? or Sears ? It can be a pain to hunt down the last gift !

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Morning Girls.

Cathy: WOW girl! You are going to have everyone buyin' a bosu soon!:) I am glad that you are getting such awesome results with it. I haven't had much of a chance to utilize it but you are tempting me to pop for that bosu core vid that Kristi has and do it in place of ARX once a week!}(

Sunny: Sorry your work out plans fell thru. I'm jealous of the cookie making activity! What kind did you make? :9

Today begins week three of the X already. I have Legs and Back and ARX on tap. I may add on a short cardio after the leg work for DOMS avoidance purposes. Not sure yet if I'll have that kind of time...

Off to get coffee #2!

BBL!:)

Good Morning Beautiful Cheetahs!:) :)

Can you beleive Christmas is soooo close? Next week this time it will be christmas eve! There will be alot of excited kids this time next week:)

I didn't get a workout in yesterday...I knew I wouldn't but the scale was kind to me today. After Sat nights meal and drinking part of the night, I thought forsure something would show up. But nope...I was down according to Sat mornings weigh in. Prehaps I should stop working out, eat lots and become an alcoholic? LOL
Im on the hunt for a gift for DH. He wants a meat slicer, or food slicer. I hate eating sandwich meats b/c of the chemicals, so I don't. And now I have DH's mind brainwashed as well. He wants a meat slicer so he can slice his own meats and use it for sandwiches. Of course I can't find one in this God forsaken town and now I have to find someone going into the city or get my brother to pick one up and bring it out boxing day. My only other option is ordering it online and then paying for extra shipping...ends up costing me about $20 more.

Im not sure what todays workout will be but I am hoping to get a good one in! Its snowing here and I probably won't get very far today.

Cathy** Yes, thats what "clued up" means...finsihed, done,complete! You can use it, I give you promision:) :) Not sure if I spelled that right! hehe I also need to get some good ab work in. I leave it for the end of my workout and it never gets done! Im gonna have to start doing it at the beginning of my workout.

Sunny** No workout here yesterday either, if it makes you feel any better! Im not taking any more rest days though until Christmas Day!

I will try to return later gators!

Lori:)

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Carole – the Raiders ALMOST pulled it off! Good game, actually. I was cheering for them!!!

Cathy – Yep, it was the VP of Inside Sales. She’s an odd one. Sometimes nice, sometimes not – even to her favorites. A horrible manager, oh well. Glad you were able to get in a nice nap and get in you workout! Enjoy your yoga/stretch day! :p You’re making me want a BOSU!

Sunny – Sorry you did not get in a workout! It’s tough with the little ones! Glad you have a little more time, although I know that’s not so fun for the budget. New Years will have you rocking, I’m sure! :p

Judy – Oh the “I to _____” instead of studying… I’m with you. He can ski all he wants at week’s end. Both my girls have finals this week. I have the Jan issue of RW – but I got three issues in a row, so I’m fighting my way through them (why do magazines do that?). There are a lot of recommendations, though! Happy Birthday to your Sis! Yes, wonderful present for her!

Wendy – Enjoy your LB and ARX today! Cathy is a total enabler, isn’t she? I’m ready to spring for a BOSU with my Jan commissions – I am over goal, so my check will be nice! :p

Lori – Great job at “brainwashing” your DH. Sorry that shipping costs so much! Enjoy your workout!

I was just watching a news broadcast that showed the latest way to see Rome – a jog around town with a tour guide who is also jogging. That would be neat! Our electricity went out last night, so I had a moment of panic before I found my cell phone, thinking I overslept and missed my workout. Fortunately it was 3:15AM – even I am not up that early. So I went back to bed for a bit. One more week! I’m so ready for this week to be over. I think I’m going to do a low impact mish mosh today – 4DS LIS and LIC Cardio only. Enjoy your day everyone!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...yes, you are always good for personals...;)...Good workout yesterday. It is true, Bats was so bad it was good. Those things were really ugly...not sure the EXT has done anything for my core, but the iClimb 17 does. Peri menopause had made it tough to keep weight off the abs...:(...but I still try. You are really enabling for that Bosu...:D...Enjoy stretching and yoga later.

Sunny...sorry about missing the workout yesterday, but at least your house looks nice! Funny, as we are both dealing with clients, I rarely get cancellations close to X-mas, but I can see why you would..

Judy...thanks, yes the stretching seemed to help. I just can't do much distance til this goes away..

Wendy...yes I did get the pic of Sadie so DH was happy...:)..speaking of salmon, I had some smoked yesterday. My DH smokes them in our smoker...WOW, this tine it was perfect! Have fun with P90X Legs & Back, is that the one with the Groucho walk?

Lori...good luck finding DH the meat slicer. I live in a small town and finding some stuff can be tough. I probably order online a lot because of that.

Christine...I couldn't even watch the Raider game as the local part of our Satelitte went out (due to the rain), I was watching the Cowboys loose...:(...I think if Romo was having trouble throwing they should have taken him out of the game! His passing sucked, but I guess they didn't need to win.

Wendi...Way to go with the shopping. I sure hope you can find the ice scraper for your SO. I would think you are much more bionic than stupid...:)

Jackie...the left side might have worked last night...:)...My DH was raking leaves and he put Sadie in the can of leaves and thought it was cute...

I am going to do 4DS legs and 40 min on my EXT.

Here is the pic of Sadie and my DH, I was happy he was actually raking leaves!!!

http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL752/3147882/8551700/293472011.jpg

Good morning ladies,
Well my cookie party was a HUGE success! I am glad that it is done and I can now focus on our trip to Chicago. We leave on Thursday, EEK!!! I have SO much to do. I had 12 ladies over and we passed around trays and trays of cookies and sipped tea and wine and of course nibbled on cookies for hours. We did have some healthy appetizers before that;-) It was a lot of fun and this will be my 4ht year doing it. I guess now it is a tradition.

I have been having some good workouts. I have really been focusing on my ab work and doing a lot of the elliptical. My hip has been holding its own. The high impact stuff does affect it some.

I am going to do a 3 mile run and the upper body portion of muscle max and abs.

I am mailing my cheetah gift today. I will make sure it gets there on time:)

Well I am off to take kids to school and please forgive me for the brief post today and the lack of posting the past couple of days. I just have so much to do.

Have a great day ladies!

Susan

Good morning all:) Wow, can it really already be the 17th?? I actually start my training program for my next marathon this week!
:eek: :eek: I had a pretty fun workout day yesterday with some good kickboxing:7

Cathy- Oh dear, you're enabling is quite effective re: the Bosu. I've never heard anything but good things from those who have bought them. I'm particularly intrigued with the core work. I'll be making a trip to my local Big5 Sporting goods store to check out their UA appareal, they usually have good prices.

Wendy- I was wondering where you were yesterday. Sorry your DH got called out to be Mr. Fixit and could enjoy a relaxing cookie day with his family! Have a great Legs and Back day with the X. I've been meaning to get into these workouts again but when it comes time I end up reaching for something else. So much to choose from!!

Carole- Great pic of Sadie and your DH! Glad you got in a decent run yesterday. Do you think you'll be okay for your marathon relay in Jan?

Sunny-I'd say the megahousework day yesterday counted for a pretty good workout! Sounds like you had a fun relaxing family nite with the cookies :9 I guess it works out pretty good with personal trainers this time of year. With all the cancellations it leaves you more time to get everyting done yourself. Have a good one!

Judy- I got a chuckle out of reading that finding the newspaper is a major task for you these days! Good luck and enjoy your TM run!

Lori- Another cheetah who gets megasnow! I guess you live in a pretty small town? Hope you have luck finding your DH's gift.
What did you end up doing for a workout?

Christine- Nice lowimpact mishmosh planned for today! Yesterday's workout was impressive with the combined BCs!

Linda- Nice to hear that you liked Amy's HiLo dome workout. After Christmas it's on my buy list for sure. OMG you haven't tried 4DS BC yet? Great workout for being only 30 minutes!

Jackie- My run Saturday was different for lots of reasons. It was my first hill run after my last marathon and I was running in the afternoon, after having already done HSTA earlier. I probably should have selected a different course as I had a monster hill to contend with after the first mile. Oh well, I made it and ended up with a 9:38 average pace so I was happy with it. What's on tap for you today?

Time to get moving here. I'll be doing a 4 mile run and then some upperbody work. Not sure what yet, Maybe LIC upperbody circuit.
Back to work tonight for a 3 nite stretch.

tata

ShellyC

Good morning Cheetahs!

Cathy - Glad you're feeling awfully good! Guess that means the Bosu and EXT will stay on your rotation. That's great that you're seeing a difference.

Sunny - Cookie making and watching Santa Clause is Coming to Town sounds like it was fun for you and the kids. Hope you got in a good workout today.

Judy - A day off for sis on her bithday is nice.

Wendy - Seeing any results yet with the X this time?

Lori - Eating would be so much more fun that working out. Glad the scale was good to you. It's good that your habits are rubbing off on DH.

Christine - I saw that news clip this morning. Thought it would be interesting to do.

Carole - You will have to play Beyonce's song "To The Left" for DH every night. Sadie looks like a pampered pooch. Maybe she can get dh out to rake leaves more often. Enjoy your workout.

Susan - Glad the cookie party was a success. Nice tradition. How's the weather going to be for traveling to Chicago? My sis from Chicago will be travelling here this weekend. Have a good run.

Shelly - You super Cheetah you! Glad you made it through that tough run fine and in a good time too. I can see now why it was difficult. Where is your next marathon? I can't keep up with you. Hope work goes well for you the next few nights.

Hello to all others.

I did BBC Arms & Abs. I jogged in place while Rich explained the moves. Also, did 30 minutes of Bosu Blast. Can't believe I remembered most of the steps. Had a nice little sweat going on.

Enjoy your day!

Jackie

Oh man, Carole, that’s sucks – not being able to watch the game you want that’s on local tv! I’m sorry. The Pats should have lost – they played horribly! I think their defense went on vacation or something. Just as we were leaving the bar, I noticed the Ravens game was tied and going into overtime. I cannot believe the Ravens lost to the Dolphins! They blew their chance twice (by not going for the TD with 1 yard to go, AND by not making the FG in sudden death), so I was cheering for the Dolphins to win. Besides I wanted the Dolphins to win ONE game. Poor guys! It was like watching them win the Superbowl. Love the photo of Sadie and your DH! Looks like she helped him a lot!

Susan – Your party sounds like such fun! I can imagine you had cookies everywhere! How fun. Enjoy your run and MM UB and abs! Hope your hip feels better – my achilles is to that point – where it’s affected some, but feeling much better.

Shelly – I cannot believe that next week at this time is Christmas Eve! Time flies when you’re busier than a one-armed man in a paper hanging contest, doesn’t it? Training for your next marathon? You go girl! Sounds like your usual great workout! The BC mish mosh was FUN! I cannot wait ‘til next Sunday so I can do it again!

Jackie – It would be interesting to jog around Rome. I think we should do a Cheetah GTG there. :D Sounds like you got a great workout!

I enjoyed my LIC/LIS Mish Mosh. I actually like the step work in LIC – which surprises me since I never did before. It can be modified to be semi-high impact – and it’s fun. Well, best get back to work… :p Have a lovely day pretty ladies!

Hi again!

Shelly- where and when is the next marathon? Kickboxing days are so fun for me too. And I usually get great lat DOMS for the punching drills and leg DOMS too.

Hi Jackie! Someday I would really like to see Rome too...

Chrstine- I have to be 'in the mood' for the stepping in LIC.

Lorie -did you visit us today?

Hi Lori Wendy and Wendi. how is your day? I just finished a cup of coffe and it reminds me of Wendy!

I completed iTread #3 this morning (six miles in 58:40) preceded by clean max of the first floor.

Since DS studied this morning, I did allow him to ski for 4 hours. Then it is back to the books tonight. And a little Monday night FB for a break.

TTFN

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Afternoon, cheetahs! :)

I need to work out in the AM tomorrow, so I'm thinkin' I'd better take care of personals tonight.

Sunny :: Oh yeah, it absolutely sucks having adult acne. Same for me--I had very mild, occasional acne as a teen, and that was it. Even in my late 20s when I did start getting the breakouts, it wasn’t TOO bad. Last fall, though, when my skin went absolutely BERSERK, I would say I was sort of mildly depressed from it. I just felt SO disgusting and ugly. I mean, I was getting the cystic acne on my neck! UGH! So, I am thinking of you as you go through this process…even if it takes two rounds of Accutane, I do believe it is a successful, last-resort treatment for most. I’m hoping your dosage adjustment starts giving you results. I think it will kick in soon.

Judy :: I still don’t have that issue…didn’t see it on the newsstand last time I checked. Was also looking for Muscle & Fitness Hers. No dice, either. That *is* a great b-day present for DSis. :)

Wendy :: oh yeah, that BOSU rocks my socks! I am using it about 3x per week, primarily for any pushup or core work that I do.

Lori :: thanks! I will share with them my newly-acquired Canadian slang. :)

Christine :: LOVE the idea for a cheetah GTG in Rome!

Carole :: I just feel bad writing a self-centered, drive-by post when others have taken time to write personals to me…didn’t want my girls to think I was blowing it off…:)…OK, I’ll have to get that iClimb…I thought I heard somewhere that using the EXT without gripping the handles required more of the core…Cute pic of Sadie and DH…she looks so much smaller in that pic than she did in some of the others you’ve posted.

Susan :: glad the cookie party went over big…sounds like fun!…In case you’re too busy to check back, have safe travels out to your dad’s and hope you find peace and strength being surrounded by family.

Shelly :: it *is* hard to believe it’s the 17th, isn’t it? Was just thinking the same when I looked at the calendar yesterday. Hope you make out at Big5. I have a $20 Dick’s gift card that I rec’d when I did some shopping earlier in the season. I have to use it before the 24th, so maybe I will check out the U/A gear tomorrow night after dinner. Hopefully the crowds will have dissipated.

Jackie :: Yeah, the EXT will definitely stay heavy in the rotation during the winter months. I do want to push myself to use the tread more often, but I just have way more fun on the EXT, for some reason…*lol* Good plan for dealing with long-winded Rich.

OK, need to do some schoolwork ('nother ultra busy week) and then it's yoga time! Got some serious DOMS in the tri's from yesterday.

Good Evening Cheetahs!

Please forgive me but the rest of my Christmas cards have yet to be mailed!:eek: I HAVE to go to the post office tomorrow for something else though so they will most definately be going out then!:)

Legs and Back and ARX are done! I opted to use weights instead of bands on this one and graduated to a 1 leg chair assist for atleast some of my reps instead of 2 legs on the pull/chin ups! Tomorrow is cardio of choice though it can't be a run. I'd better pull out my work outs NOW and start trying to pick one. I have so darned many to choose from!:p Any suggestions? }(

Carole: Yuppers...L&B has those groucho walks in them. They are very doable but man I can certainly feel them! I love the toe roll iso lunges! They are surprisingly tough. I did them with weights in my hands for the first time today (only 5 pound db's) and man oh man could I feel it!}(

Lori: Wow no deli meats at all!? I'd never eat lunch if not for deli turkey! LOL It's really the only one I eat though except for the cheese and have started buying a lower sodium kind. I used to be a salami feind! I still love it but only eat it on VERY rare occasions. }(

Christine: Glad you didn't oversleep. Our power flickered off and on 2 times in rapid succession on Sunday. I thought we might lose it but thankfully we did not. PHEW! A JOGGING tour of Rome? Interesting for sure! LOL Nice job on getting a good commission check this month! You go get that BOSU! You deserve it!:)

Susan: That cookie party sounds EVIL but like so much fun! Don't stress too much about getting ready to leave for Chicago and have a great time while you are there! You have a beautiful family btw!

Shelly: So when is your next marathon??? I totally understand what you mean about always reaching for every work out but what you intend. I have so many kinds of rotation ideas in my head but haven't put a dent in them as far as trying them cause there's just too many possibilities!}(

Jackie: I haven't done any measuring again since starting the X. I will measure, etc on Saturday the 29th BEFORE we leave for our weekend away...if we are going. We aren't even sure yet but I'm certainly NOT planning on a weigh in and measure when we get back!:eek: I DO like what I see in the mirror though! Good job with Arms and Abs! Tough work out. That non-TM cardio is a beast!!!!!}(

Judy: LOL at the coffee comment! Nice job on your Itread work out!

Cathy: The Bosu is AWESOME for push ups, ey!?

Wendy :: hearing about your workouts makes me miss Tony and the program...glad you are getting good results from round 2 with your (mostly) band variation...My pick for cardio would be 4DS BC and/or KB. :)

Well, I did 10 Min. Solutions Yoga Abs + PM Stretch. Feelin' sooo good I could konk out right now.

Hey there, Cheetah pals!

Cathy – I am so glad you are enjoying your Bosu and EXT! Enjoy your toga and stretch!

Sunny – Enjoy your workout and training! Sorry you didn’t get your workout in yesterday, but at least you got your chores done!  That always helps me to feel accomplished!

Judy – Great workout! I love that premix of PP! I’ll bet your arms were shaking while shoveling today! I have read my RW. I think it was January. I left it at work, or I would go check to see which one it was that I had. Which recommendations were you talking about? That was a fast 6 miles you did! Good job!

Wendy – I agree – Cathy is making me want to use my Bosu “and” EXT more often! It seems like just “yesterday” that you started the X again!

Lori – I can’t believe Christmas is so close, either! A meat slicer….hmmm! That is a good idea! I am starting to get so paranoid over chemicals in food and drinks lately! Enjoy whatever workout you decide to do!

Christine – That sounds great!!! That is where we can all meet to run our marathon/half marathon!!! Rome! LOL…I guess in my dreams, right? That would be a great way to see it! I really like the cardio in LIC, too! I agree…it can definitely be modified up!

Carole – What a cute picture! Hope you enjoyed the EXT and 4DS!

Susan – I am glad your hip is doing okay! Good luck on your run today and I hope you don’t have any pain! The cookie party sounds fabulous! I hope you have good weather for Chicago!

Shelly – When is the marathon that you are planning on running? Glad you enjoyed your Kickboxing yesterday! Enjoy your run and upper body! Can’t wait to see what you think of Hi Lo Dome, when you get it!

Jackie – Was Bosu Blast SEasun’s workout? That is a good idea to jog in place while Rich explains the moves! He goes through some veeeerrry lengthy explanations!!

I took today as a rest day!

Talk to you guys later! Hi to anyone I may have missed or that checks in later!

Linda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.