::::CHEETAHS::::Loverly Saturday

gwd

Cathlete
Good morning Cheetah babes!

Just gettin' us started this morning. I'm going to go grab a cup o' java and I'll be right back to catch up on personals.

Alrighty, I'm just waiting for my Aleve and coffee to kick in before I get to my workout this morning so I figured I'd come and chat for a few. I had a run planned for today (and I probably should because we're going to get rain for the next five days or so) but I want to let that blister heal just a bit more before running again. I'm either going to do CF or 4DS HIS/LIS cardio...I'll see what I'm feeling in a little bit.

Cathy - How did last night's function go? Enjoy your run and 4DS today.

Sunny - Have fun with JS! How was your date with Grace?

Gloria - Can you believe that I just saw the news last night about the wildfires by you? That shows how much I watch TV. How scary :eek:! I hope it's brought under control soon!

Carole - Nice workout yesterday! Are you still running pain free?

Christine - YAY on the raise!!! *Doing the happy dance with you*!!! Oh, fingers crossed for that promotion, too :7. WOW, about the mountain lions...and scary :eek:. Do be careful out on those trails!

Wendy - Oh, {{{HUGS}}} honey!!! I wish I had some words of wisdom but I don't. Just know that we're all here whenever you need to vent about *anything*. I just hate to see you be used like that...you don't deserve that!

Jackie - I hope you make some good headway on that packing this weekend! Nice workout yesterday.

Judy - We completely understand if you feel you need to take a little break...please don't feel the need to explain, love! Would you just drop us a teeny note once in awhile to let us know you're still okay?

Shelly - {{{HUGS}}} honey! It's no doubt that you've got a lot of swirling thoughts and emotions running around inside concerning this move. Glad to hear that you're almost done with PackMax...that must be a bit of a relief in and of itself. Yeah, I'll probably bite the bullet and go to the store this week...kind of dreading it to tell you the truth. Way to work those hills girl!

Kath - Sorry that you got to see DD's "other" side but I do hope she's feeling better. That is just NO fun :(, no matter how good the drugs are. It was a beautiful morning for a run yesterday...nice job!

Dallas - Busy bee!!! Great run and workout yesterday. I hope you aren't sore from your delayed stretch...I know that would definitely do me in.

Alrighty, gotta get the butt glue remover and get moving if I want to get my workout in. I'm quite stiff from fixing fencing all day yesterday so I'll probably go with the easier of the two and do the 4DS cardios. I'm just not thinking I'll be up to those power circuits in CF.

Have a spectacular day Cheetahs!

Good morning, everyone! :) :) :)

Gloria ~ hope you had fun at the party…what’s the status of the fire?

Wendi ~ I let out a good snort at the “man arms” idiot’s concept of optimal fat. But seriously, boo on the haters!...What’s up with the Aleve? There is a blister scene in RFBR that only runners could appreciate…I am with you on the aggressive salespeople. NOT my cup o’ tea. I hate when you walk into a store and within 10 seconds someone asks if you’re looking for anything particular. Good luck dealing with Mr. Pushy…just remember, your feet will thank you!! :)

Carole ~ this DW was so over-the-top, Charles Bronson arrived at the scene of a crime too late, was arrested, and was bounced from jail by the shady police chief under the condition that Bronson return as a vigilante secretly working for the cops. Can you recommend a protection service other than Norton (ugh!) or McAfee? I downloaded avast, but that’s probably not enough.

Wendy & Carole ~ my laptop came with Windows Vista installed…in terms of software, it has Microsoft Works. It's Microsoft Office that is only a trial version.

Christine ~ ^^^ 5’s on the great review! Crackin’ up at you on the neutering comments…definitely gained strength with the bells but my arms are a little softer than I would like…???...maybe if I graduated to heavier bells or used them more than 2x a week that would make a difference. What do you think? Yikes on the mountain lions!

Judy ~ what Shelly said! :)

Jackie ~ I really enjoy the school functions that I go to—-this was a 3-on-3 basketball game to benefit the American Cancer Society, and most of the teams made up crazy shirts and outfits. Two of my students who played in it were absolutely hilarious. One played the entire game with his mouth open; the other one was jumping and running like a maniac. He had major ups and pulled moves that didn’t look humanly possible. It was really funny…good luck with the continued packing. Hope you get to kick back some, too, this weekend.

Shelly ~ my “long” run is 5 miles tomorrow. I know—it makes me smile to see such short long runs…but hey, I’d better enjoy it while I can! :) I hope the funk has passed for you. Love your attitude!

Kath ~ glad to hear DD is doing fine, albeit a bit crabby. I remember not wanting to talk much when I had mine done.

This morning, I have class (last one before the NB exam), so my workout will be later in the day. I haven't listened to the weather, but it looks a bit dark out there. Hope we're not expecting rain. Workout will be a run + 4DS CST.

Have a GREAT day!
[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Morning Girls.

DH and I have physicals at 9:40 this morning so I can't drink anythin but water and can't eat until we are done. Yeah, I'll get hungry but what I'm really peeved about is MY COFFEE!x( x( x( No surprise there, huh? LOL When I would go for phyiscals w/my gp I was always told black coffee, black tea and water were fine. This physical is through DH's job and we were told water only. I take my coffee with splenda/sugar and half & half or milke but I would rather drink it black then not at all. After this appointment we are going to Dunkin and I am getting a ginormous coffee and a bagel! To heck with clean eating for once, dagnamit!:p

My work out today is going to be BBC Back and Shoulders including the cardio with my JS. I'm very excited to try it. :)

Well, I'd better start getting ready. DH wants to leave here early to get DS dropped off at the sitter and we also have to get gas on the way. The physicals are being held in a town that's probably a good 45 minutes away from us...

Okay, I'm outta here.

BBIAB!

Good morning cheetahs

Wendi...my runs are definitely getting more pain free, I did a lot of cardio this past week and when I ran my legs felt a bit like lead...but no pain! Enjoy whatever workout you choose.

Cathy...LOL about the DW movie..as far as Anti Virus check out this review: http://www.consumersearch.com/www/software/antivirus-software/index.html I use NOD32 but it is kinda confusing. I have read good things about Kapersky and Panda. I think for the best you will have to pay, but if you don't want to then try the AVG free version as I use that on my other PC and I know a lot of people that use it too and like it. You would like our weather today, back into the high 80's. Love your coffee icons to Wendy...:D

Wendy...Oh my, I was the exact same when I could not have coffee before a blood test!!! I would tell the girl "good luck finding a vein as they are all still asleep!"...hope the physicals go smoothly..Let me know how you like the BBC cardio with JS...:)

Christine...I am sure you are right about the Chinese Tofu and finding the right place. I just have not found that place yet!! Congrats on the good review and raise!! We have the mountain lion warning now and then too.

Jackie...I had McAfee when this PC was new and it just slowed everything down, which drove me nuts but I wanted to be protected so I searched and found one that did not do that...thankfully!! Norton and McAfee packages are both known for conflicts and slowing down your PC's. I have used both and agree. Good job with Slo-mo and Hi/Lo dome.

Judy...I do hate the things hormones do to us...:(..we will miss you but I understand completely taking a break from posting...sending {{{HUGS}}}

Shelly..sorry about the discouraging thoughts, and I do think that is normal..sending {{{HUGS}}}....Your last race in Ariz sounds like a fun and tough one. Just think of all the new races back east you will get to conquer!! I think the halter would help with Spanky! Hope you had fun with DM.

Sunny...I doubt your siblings think they want to trade you!! I think it seems to be the youngest or oldest that usually have issues...I remember a comedian saying " if you don't think there is a black sheep in your family, then it is most likely YOU!"...:)

Dallas...wow, what a busy day...amazing you got in a run and P90X!!

Today will be a Amy kickbox mish mosh and abs. I am going to the funeral today for the Mom of a former hairdresser we used to work with...

Have a great day...:)

Good Morning Cheetahs!

I have a lot to do before we leave, so this will be quick. Still no word on my raise, but that’s okay. I can wait. Now workout today as my 10.6 mile run is tomorrow. We went out last night, but I was very careful, and had only a few bites of appetizers (and no dinner afterwards). My allergies are kicking in – ick. Hopefully Big Sur will be clear. :p

Jackie – Sounds like you got a great workout in yesterday! Thanks for the congrats. I’m happy. :p

Judy – sign on when you can. We’re always happy to hear from you! We will seriously miss you, but we understand.

Shelly – I don’t blame you for feeling down and probably overwhelmed with everything going on. It’s tough to pick up and move across the country – as someone who has done it three times, I know. I’m sending hugs and happy vibes your way. That 10k sounds like a killer! Thanks so much for the encouragement on the 10.6 miler tomorrow. I can always walk if I need to, so I’m not too worried. You’re so sweet.

Sunny – did you get to Steve yesterday? My daughter calls him MonkeyMan because he has such LONG arms, but he really knows his stuff.

Kath – Did you get your bike ride in? Sounds like a nice run, too! Poor DD. I know how painful having your wisdom teeth removed can be. Did you get to happy hour? :p

Wendi – Mountain lions are a fact of life out here. They are most active at dusk and dawn, so you have to be really careful then. Once the sun is up, they are rare, but not unheard of. I am careful on the trail. Hope your stiffness works it way out! You have a very physical job!

Cathy – I’ve heard other complaining about softer arms. I’ve been doing different things – like Steve Cotter’s Extreme Kettlebells and Dave Whitley’s Power Circuits which use more traditional moves along with the kettlebells. And I think that’s been helping. It’s always good to mix things up and intermixing everything is never bad.

Wendy – {{{HUGS}}} So sorry about what you went through yesterday!! And of course, you should feel free to vent! I’d be upset, too. I don’t like being taken for granted. I hope you two work it out. Physicals and no coffee – NO FUN! Enjoy your coffee when you get it!!

Carole – I’m so happy to hear your runs are getting more pain free! Enjoy your Mish Mosh! Sorry to hear about your former coworker’s mom! That’s tough.

Well, time to get moving and get everything done. I probably won’t be checking in tomorrow. I will bring my computer with me, but we’ll be with friends and running around. Maybe tomorrow night. Have a great day all!

Good morning Cheetahs!

Wendi - A blister? Ouchie! Hope it goes away soon. Good idea to let it heal. Did the Aleve work? Enjoy your workout whatever you choose tod.

Cathy - Glad you enjoyed the school function. It's amazing what these kids can do when they put their minds to it. Hope you have a good short "long run" tomorrow. Am hoping to get a little relaxation in today. DBF should be here later this afternoon. Don't know what we'll do yet.

Wendy - I'm laughing at you not being able to get your caffeine fix this morning. Hope you made it ok. Enjoy that coffee and donut after the physical.

Carole - It's nice to hear that your runs are getting better for you. Thanks for the info on the antivirus software. I'll check out that link you provided too. Enjoy your workout. Sorry about your co-worker's mom.

Christine - I hate they're keeping you in suspense about your race. Good luck with your 10.6 miler tomorrow. You will do great. Enjoy your rest day.

The rain stopped in time this morning for me to get outside for a 7.2 mile run. The weather was just perfect. I so need to get outside more. This was supposed to be an easy run today but it felt hard. I still kept the pace where I needed to and averaged about a 10:30 pace. Getting the miles in was more my goal than the time. Did some stretching afterwards. My legs are really feeling it right now.

Well, I'd better get a move on. I still need to do laundry and some vacuuming. Then, I'll pack a few more boxes and I'll be done for today.

Enjoy your day.

Jackie

mia cheetah, here with a fly by, self-absorbed post! i haven't felt much like a cheetah lately because i haven't done much running. i did that 12 miler a while ago and a 10 miler on the 9th, with a few shorter runs (6s and 7s), but hadn't run since the 9th. today, i feel better (and more cheetah-like). i did CCPP on the treadmill and managed to get in 8.3 miles. that workout is usually about a 9+ miler for me but i was determined to increase my hills (since i positively HATE them) and decrease my speed. so, i never went above 8.0 for the sprints and all my hills were between 6.3-6.5. i did my hills at 6-8% (i usually do 4-6%), and hated every minute of them, but did it.

anyway, i need to shower and tan (famous daves). i am finding that i like the regular better than the moisture tan.

oh, i also started NROLW on monday and will do my fourth w/o tomorrow. i was able to do 2 sets of 15 reps of squats with 70 lbs. since i have my squat rack. i would never have been able to lift 70 lbs. over my head and onto my shoulders!

okay, i really need a shower!

i am going to try and catch up on the weeks' posts and bbl with personals. trust me, it's been one of those up and down weeks. personally and at work...ugh!

Afternoon cheetahs,

I am in recovery from the party last night. I was drinking beer like it was about to go extinct! }( It was really fun though! The turnout was fabulous! I think they are going to be very successful. My DH is good at what he does. He's very social. The fire is 100% contained now. We had a good douse of rain yesterday. Only 6 homes were damaged, so that's good. I walked 4.2 miles outside to help me feel better. It didn't really work so I think I am going to take a nap. I will catch up with personals when I am feeling more human. Hope everyone is having a great day!

Hi Cheetahs!

Since last night was too late for me I didn't get up to workout before church. At this point I'll call it a rest day. I'm too tired to do anything else. In fact, I'd like to take a nap before the midnight service otherwise I'll be a zombie. I love the midnight Easter service. It's really a beautiful service. Youtube.com even as clips, but I don't think it does it any justice.

Carole ~ Are you excited about the NFL draft? Dh usually has it on while I'm buzzing around cleaning, etc. Glad your runs are pain free! Woo hoo!! Sorry about your coworker's mom. :( You know I felt tired before I went out to run, but it re-energized me. Don't know why it didn't work the day before?

Gloria ~ Sounds like some celebration. :) Glad the fires are contained. Enjoy your nap.

Lorie ~ Nice job on the run and the NROL4W weight work! So you're liking that tanning lotion? Does it have an after smell? How about the orange look? LOL! I need a little color on my legs before I'll put shorts on. :eek:

Jackie ~ Nice job on your run! I'm really enjoying being outside for the runs than the treadmill now. The treadmill the other day seemed like such a chore, but I was having shoe issues too. I think it was the shoe inserts (Lynco) I bought from the running store. I'm just going to have a full (opposed to 3/4) pair of orthotics made.

Christine ~ I'll wish you luck now!!! Keep us posted. Woo hoo! on the awesome review and raise!!! Mountain lions!! OK, I'll stick with the scary owls! :+

Wendy ~ IA that's probably the worse part about fasting for blood work. I go every 6 months. Now can you w/o before a fasting test? I've been told not to and then other times it's OK??? I'm always getting the same labs, so I wonder why the difference of opinion??? I've had similar experiences with friends. I've decided I don't need these type of ppl in my life. Life is too short. You want to surround yourself with positive ppl...ya know???? ((HUGS))

Cathy ~ How did class go? Did the weather permit your outdoor run? I think you asked if I was Greek Orthodox? I converted from Lutheran, so believe it or not, I'm still learning about the Orthodox church. It doesn't help that its half in Greek. lol There's a book I bring so I can follow along with the service.

Wendi ~ Surprisingly I'm not sore. Not sure if it will creep up on my tomorrow. The foam roller is my new companion. It really works out the kinks. :) Why do you need Aleve? The blister? Ouchie!!! What cardio did you end up doing?

Sunny ~ Oh no! Another Jump Snap convert! I'm super interested in it too. How was your Grace encounter?}( So, you convinced your DH for a new treadmill? lol

Shelly ~ I see you did one of my favorites as well. DM. How did that go? Feeling better about everything?

Kath ~ How's your DD doing?

Linda ~ Yeah, that tenderness is gone. That was really weird. I was telling Jackie ^^^ that I got inserts from the running store, but I think I need custom orthotics made. I already have 3/4 pair. I'll use the ones I got from the running store in my kickbox shoes. They felt great during ITR. :) I was just trying to save a trip to the podiatrist. Did you finish GS-BSB?

Hi to any Cheetahs I may have missed.

Christos Anesti!! :) My kids are excited about another Easter egg hunt tomorrow. Bonus! ;-)

Christine..Good Luck tomorrow!!! Sorry about the allergies...don't know if you use anything but I saw the generic form of Zyrtec at Costco, it is called "Aller-Tec" and you get 300 for $16.75 which is a GREAT deal. Thanks for you thoughts on my former coworkers Mom...I am happy about the running too...:)

Jackie...Glad you will check out the link for Anti Virus...I don't think Norton by itself is too bad but the Norton System Works is awful for bogging down your PC..thanks for your thoughts on my coworkers Mom and my running...:)..Good job on the 7.2 miles outside...we could probably run together as that is usually my pace on longer runs...:)...I am doing laundry too...you seem to be doing well with the packing.

Lorie...funny, I used to LOVE hills, until the injuries set in!! Good job on the 70 lbs for squats. Don't you just love that squat rack!!

Gloria..I think I have done that with beer too! My DH is much more social than me! Great news on the fire containment. Only 6 homes is not too bad, but sad for the owners...A nap might help you...:)

Dallas...LOL about the NFL draft!! I rarely watch and kind of NFL during the off season, even the draft!! Drives my Pastor nuts as he always talks about what is going on in the NFL all year and tries to talk to me about it during the off season..:D..So why is your Easter later?

The memorial for my coworkers Mom was very nice. The service was private and then they had a Celebration of Life at one of our nice Lakes. It was a bit windy but (I know this will sound weird) my hair in the new style does not get too messed up in the wind!!!

Good evening ladies!

I wasn't able to sneak back here after my workout and before work this morning. I did settle on 4DS HIS/LIS and it was just the ticket...I *heart* those two cardios!!! Work was the usual blah, blah, blah. We do have a horse show tomorrow so it will be a neccesary "rest" day for me cause there ain't no way I'm gettin it in before I leave my house at 4:15 tomorrow morning x(. Thank goodness I don't have to show anything, just set up a couple of horses for the clients. I'll take that any day :).

Oh, BTW, for all those who were concerned, which I thought was so sweet of everyone! I live on two Aleve every morning so that's nothing out of the ordinary for me. The reason I get up so early before my workouts is so I can let the drugs (and java) kick in :). My poor body has been so beat up over the years that it just helps to take the edge off the nagging soreness/stiffness from all my previous injuries, especially my back (I shattered my L5 vertebra May 5, 2000) and my ankles that just have a ton of wear and tear from YEARS of dancing and riding. Mind you I DESPISE taking medication more than you can imagine but this is the one exception that I've had to make and, to be honest, I'm glad I did.

So, after that rather lengthy explanation, I'll BRB with personals in a bit!

Cathy - I second your "boo on the haters"! I *do* want to see that movie...I just don't have the time and will probably have to rent it when it hits dvd. Okay, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who hates getting pounced on the *second* I walk into a store lol! Oh, that b-ball game sounded like a blast! I think that's great that it was for the ACS. I hope you were able to get your run in today...the forecast doesn't bode well for many outdoor runs this week ;(. BTW, I saw that Carole recommended Panda...that's what I use and have *NEVER* (knock on wood) had a problem with it.

Wendy - So, were you able to function enough to get yourself to that appointment? LMAO at Cathy's smiley!!!! I'll bet that cup o' Dunkin tasted awfully good!

Carole - Oh, so sorry about the funeral...how nice of you attend. Too funny about your new do not suffering from wind damage! That's wonderful to hear that your runs are going so well. Had to lol at the "lead" comment...I hear ya! I hope you enjoyed your mish mosh!

Christine - I wanted to send some early {{{{{{{{{CHEETAH POWER}}}}}}} to ya for tomorrow!!!! You're gonna rock! Now I'm glad I don't live in Cali anymore as I do 90% of my runs at dawn...YIKES!

Jackie - Glad you had a great run today! I hope your legs don't give you too much grief. It sounds like you kept moving all day so that should hopefully help with stiffness.

Lorie - Feel free to fly by anytime! Great job on your hilly run today. I used to HATE hills but, with where I live, if I want to run outside I have to face the hills lol! I've come to really enjoy the downhill part, I can tell ya that! Sorry to hear that you've had a tough week...if there's anything you need to vent about, you know we're always here for ya!

Gloria - LOL about your beer consumption at the party! I hope you'r back to you're perky self soon! So glad to hear that the fires are contained.

Dallas - Nah, the blister was almost completely healed (and not really an issue). I just wanted to make sure that I didn't reopen it so that's why I skipped the run. I'm glad I did as I had so much fun with HIS/LIS. Glad to hear that the foam roller does the trick for you! Enjoy the service...although I have to second Carole's question about "Easter"?

Okay, I've really got to get the laundry going and then get to bed if I want to have any hope of being functional in the morning. Have a great night ladies!

Hi ladies -

Just had to share - I'm here at the hotel, and it's gorgeous. The rooms are incredible, but the views... Oh my... Here's the view looking out over my balconey

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1308/4836116/17901114/314901223.jpg
and with DH looking the other direction:
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1308/4836116/17901114/314901868.jpg

And this view is nothing compared to the run. Forget the Bay to Breakers, I think we need to run this one - something for everyone from a 5k to a tough marathon (plus a 9 mile, a 10.6 mile, and a 21 mile).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.