::: CHEETAHS ::: let there be Sun-day

RunninTeach

Cathlete
http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/morningsong.gif , cheetahs! I'm up with the birds here.

Linda [font face="Symbol"]Þ[/font] Hey, it’s just a given that anytime there’s a group travel opportunity, some will be able to make it and some won’t, and that’s cool. :) …Oh, we *will* pull this off, there’s no doubt in mind! When in November is Marshall? I hope you get a chance to see the Run, Fat Boy, Run movie. I do think you'll find it inspirational in a totally comical way!

Wendy [font face="Symbol"]Þ[/font] Oh, you didn’t make me feel bad…I just wanted to be clear that there’s an US, not a me...:)... Re: getting together, I need to get myself past this next NB hump before I set up anything. Maybe a shore hang? Or were you thinking of coming down during one of the RTs?

WT and Sunny [font face="Symbol"]Þ[/font] Where are you?
http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/missingsmiley.gif

Workout will be a 4 mile run and probably one of the KB Goddess workouts.

Have a superb Sunday!

Good Day Cheetah Friends-

Cathy- so I'm just curious, which do you do first? The run or the KB Goddess WO? Are you having an enjoyable no school work Sunday? The birds were loud here too as we slept wtih th windows open.

Wendy- So did you find something to fend off your sleep early last night?

Jackie- Congratulations on a nice run yesterday :) Too bad about the sink breaking :eek:

I didn't make it to the green house yesterday, so it is on tap right after my WO (NROL). Golf was fun and my score for me was decent. I just make too many stupid mistakes, especially putting. If I just put better on half the holes my score would be 9 strokes less. That is a lot!

We are having my family over for dinner @ 5:00 today. We try to get together monthly. Locally, I have 3 siblings and my Dad and one sibling who is about an hour a way. I will make my Mom's BBQ chicken (I will probably make vegetarian sloppy Joe for myself with veggie crumbles and the same BBQ recipe) and chocolate chip cookies. Everyone brings a side dish.

well I gotta get moving. have a fun Sunday everyone!

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

Good morning Cheetahs!

Didn't get back here yesterday. I was just too tired. After the blind installation was finished, I tackled another closet and my desks. Hauled away 4 boxes to the trash. I like this purging.

Shelly - How did work go last night? Hope you breezed through it. Glad you enjoyed the night out with the family.

Linda - Good job on the 8 miles yesterday! Sorry you won't make the Chicago trip but it's understandable. Hate having to break a commitment. Will definitely be cheering for you at Marshall.

Wendy - I don't have another race lined up just yet. Moving is kind of dictating what I'll do right now. Since that race was right in my back yard, it didn't take too much time.

Cathy - Love, love your smiley this morning. So cheery! I was up with the birds too. Just can't sleep late no matter how I try. Have a good run.

Judy - Glad you enjoyed your golf game. Have fun with the family. That's nice that you get together on a monthly basis.

Rest day for me.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Jackie

Good Morning Cheetahs.

Cathy: Oh yes, you have the NB test in June, right? When will you start cramming for it? Hmmmm...the shore sounds great to me. I'm still batting around the RT. Not sure what I want to do with that one yet.

Judy: Yes, we found something to keep me awake. LOL We took Joey bowling and out for icecream and then came home and played GH after he went to bed. :7

Jackie: Speaking of purging, DH and I really need to purge some clothes. We have so much cr@p and not nearly enough room for it all! UGH!x( Perhaps we will do that today....

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...yep...I think it was a post Wendy wrote fried day about her love of the dreaded Scrapple! So what e-cises from Pain Free do you think you will do? Glad the chiro visit helped. I was reading your post to Wendy about your co worker. How sad, cancer can be so devastating...I worked with a hairdresser for about 15 years (she had a major shoulder injury and had to quit). I saw her 2 weeks ago and she had said her Mom was in the Hospital with gallstone problems. Then she also said they had found a lesion on her Mom's liver...it turned out to be cancer and she was gone in 10 days...:(...enjoy your 4 miles and Goddess workout.

Judy...enjoy your family dinner.

Jackie...Congrats on 1st overall female!!! I think 28:40 is a great time...That is awful about the sink...can't these guys be more careful!! I might have to try out that iClimb 24 next week. I bet it does feel good getting rid of some stuff! Enjoy your rest day.

Wendy...LOL about the scrapple. I am far from normal myself but will never eat that nasty concoction!! I liked JS and can sure see how it would be tough to do it with shoulder DOMS. Nice combo of a workout yesterday.

Shelly...glad you had fun at The Mikado. JS is quite fun...Amazon has the lowest price I found...:D..So what workout did you pick for yesterday?

Linda...I liked JumpSnap...as I had told Jackie, I used to Jump-rope years ago and liked it, not sure why I stopped...maybe marathon training. Sorry you won't be in Chicago, I would have enjoyed meeting you. I saw the Marshall movie too. How sad..WOW...you remember the day it crashed? So your DD and her Ex were extras? I have said it before but I think it is great you are doing your 1st mary with someone! We will be cheering you on, don't be askeered, think of it as a new adventure... Good job with 8 miles and Coremax yesterday.

Christine...so how was your social day yesterday??...:)...cannot believe any drive was longer than 15 min!! I did JumpSnap and it was fun.

So I tried the beginner JS workout of 8 min in between the Kickboxing workouts. It was fun, I felt a bit awkward a few times...but then when I got online later I ordered the 3 audio CD's from Ropesport...hey, they were on sale...:D

Today is a 6 mile run and some rolling.

Have a great day...")

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Man it was cold and windy yesterday! My run turned into AOS Newport and ASCII – but I did FINALLY learn combo 5, so I’m happy with that! I’ll now be able to do my favorite premix – Ultimate NRG without having to fast forward! We also found out that the party last night was a cigar bar. DH is really sensitive to smoke, but we were going to go, until DD18 showed up. We decided to hang out with her instead, after all it was her birthday on Thursday. Today is some cardio – maybe a run/maybe my new Straight Up Step followed by a nice lunch at a wonderful Italian restaurant. Then I have to cook for the dogs and cook for the family for the week. :p

Cathy – Love your flowers!! Kimo continues to improve. She’s even been seen trotting along, which before she could only walk slowly. I’m really pleased with her progress. I don’t like scrapple either *shudders* You don’t even want to KNOW what it’s made of!

Wendy – Too funny about your cousins’ taste in dogs. The Humane Society has great dogs that are a mix of all of those! :p (I can’t talk – I have two purebreds).

Shelly – Hope work went well! Oh, I love Opera! How fun to see Mikado with yout sis and parents!! No run, but I did get Combo five of ASCII. I had a mental block about it and decided to just do it. I’m at least ending up on the same side of the step as she is now. :p Can’t imagine why you would be fried after ME/BC AND ASJ! Wow! I’m thinking of doing the SB part of ASJ today.

Linda – Kimo went into diabetic shock. She’s doing much better, thank you! That’s too funny about your kitty. They are much more intelligent and creative than we give them credit for. I love that Corey (I had a kitty named Corey, too – a black tortishell shell) “raised” Madison! Would you want to come to Chicago to just cheer on the group?

Jackie – WOW! 4th over all, first female and first in your age group?! That’s pretty darned good! YAY! WAY TO GO!!!!

Judy – Oh, that’s nice having a family dinner once a month. Good job on golf. I don’t play, but I have good friends who do, and I hear that a lot. Golf is tough!

Carole – So you didn’t hit anything with your Jump Snap? *winks* Let me know how you like the CD’s… I could definitely be enabled for them! Enjoy your run!

Well again, time to feed to spoiled mutts! Have a great day all!

Christine...OMG we all found out what Scrapple was made of at the last RT, for the last breakfast send off!!!! I think it was Cathy that said it was probably roadkill taken off the street!!!...Makes me smile to hear Kimo is now trotting along...No, I did not knock over any lamps at all doing JumpSnap...We had cold and windy yesterday too. Seems calm now but it is cold. I will be sure to let you know about the CD's. There is also an iClimb that uses a jump rope so I will be trying that out in a few days...It is #24...Enjoy your run or step and nice Italian lunch...:)

okay, i am really going to change my name to "mia cheetah" or "slacker cheetah!" i have been battling a stomach bug and only did the EXT twice this week and some yoga. maybe i needed to take off. anyway, i think i am going to take today off and do something outside (like walk with the pups) since it is so gorgeous outside today.

WT-here i am. i was at a baseball game. ;-)

judy-so, how is the NROL going? i really want to start it soon. is it more difficult to work out from a book?

jackie-wow! you deserve a rest day today, girl! look at all you did yesterday!

wendy-have "fun" if you decide to purge. i did that last year (need to do it again) and it was a pain but felt so good after!

carole-have fun on your run today!

christine-it sounds like hanging with DD was a good option for last night. i can't stand to be anywhere where there is a lot of smoke! yuk! glad kimo is on the mend.

okay, really gotta catch up on the weekend's posts. i am going to try to be less mia cheetah and back to regularly posting cheetah!

Hey Loverlies!

My work out is done!

I did TJ Ab Jam standing ab work as my "warm up" then did 2 minutes of JS followed by CTX shoulder work and then 2 more minutes of JS followed by CTX tricep work, 2 final minutes of JS, a short cool down and then gladly hit the floor ;)for 2nd half of Ab Jam and my own stretch. Good work out. It only took about an hour. :)

I am just finishing up lunch now. I was starving again when my work out was done. When I log off here I have to feed the munchkin and get him down for an early nap. We are heading to my mom's for dinner this afternoon so I don't want him to sleep as late as he normally might.

I'll be back at nap time for more personals. :)

Hi Cheetahs!

This will have to be a drive by. :( Y-day was a great day for Spring cleaning. I decluttered a play room and started another room. :) Had to do it w/o the kids. They never want to get rid of anything. So, it turned into a rest day which was OK, because the last one was last Friday. I did get XStretch in though. We had a wedding last night. We were in the minority...HUGE Polish wedding. It was neat seeing all of their traditions. :) I got up early to run in the park again and got in 5 miles (.25 walking w/u and .25 walking c/d). It was beautiful out there and so peaceful. :) I did some stretching and foam rolling.

Have to get the crew ready for another soccer game.

Hope to get back later to catch up w/personals.

Have a great day!

Oh, just have to say...WAY TO GO Jackie!!! :D :D :D

Quick post :) I'm backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. My vacation was perfect. Wonderful weather-- great runs on the beach-- great drinks :9 Some shopping. Best part just doing NOTHING :)

I'm a$$ high in laundry. I'll report in tomorrow while I inhale some coffee. I was able to run every day while there-- I so hope any of you who live by the ocean enjoy every moment there. I think I know where I wanna be when DH retires---:)

I'll be back tomorrow a.m. with personals. The weather in NY is great now so I can keep my running going outside :)

BBL

Glad you had a good vaca Kath!

Our short jaunt in FLA was fun as well. We got home Monday night. The wedding festivities were fun ofcourse but we also had a decent amount of time to do things on our own. We went to a great flea market where I picked up a knock-off Coach tote style pocket book for a good price. I LOVE THIS THING! It's like a diaper bag/pocketbook all rolled into one! It holds it all!!! No longer do I "feel" like a mom when I have my munchkin and his things in tow!;)

Carole – Yeah, I KNOW scrapple is made of the stuff they cannot sell as meat. Ick. Glad to hear you didn’t knock over any lamps! LOL. It’s going to be cold today, too. A high of 50! Brrr. Record lows tomorrow. Weird! That iClimb sounds like fun!

Lorie – glad to see you! Hope you’re feeling better! I can’t stand being around smoke either. I’m spoiled with the anti-smoking laws here in California. I’m actually shocked when I’m in another state and there is still smoking in the restaurants. It’s weird.

Wendy – Sounds like a good workout and a fun one! Have fun at your mom’s!

Dallas – That wedding sounds like fun! I love Polish Weddings – they’re like Italian weddings – a lot of drinking, dancing, and off the wall relatives! Good job getting your house decluttered. Yeah – kids are pack rats! Sounds like a good run you had today!

Kath – Oh, I’m so glad you had a great vacation! Have fun getting caught up from your vacation!

I love Spring. Thursday it was 85 and today we will barely make it into the 50’s. And it’s windy. Needless to say, I got a workout indoors. I did the warm up and first combo of Straight Up Step, then finished it off with all of Rock Steady Step. That was fun. Seasun is highly energetic (and all of about 5’0 and 90 pounds dripping wet!). But I just really like her personality. I noticed she had a heavier background exerciser in SUS. I couldn’t tell if the girl looked heavy because Seasun is sooo tiny, or what. But in RSS one of the exercisers is pregnant. I just love that variety.

Lorie...so the stomach bug got you?...Is it any better today?

Wendy..sounds like a good workout.

Dallas...good job on the decluttering, I do better too when my kid (DH) is not at home...:D...How nice to run in a park. Enjoy the soccer game...

Kath...Welcome home...glad you had a good vacation.

Christine....I know what you mean, hard to believe last weekend was 90 here and today it is about 55 right now...Sounds like you had fun with Seasun's workouts. I have not tried her...

I had a nice 6 mile run although it was a bit brisk out!! My pace was about 30 seconds faster per mile than last sunday's 6 miles, so I am feeling pretty darn good...:D

Hi again, cheetahs! :) :) :)

My run is done…gorgeous day out there…but most exciting of all, I got to see an arrest happen. *lol*

Judy ~ I ran first and will stretch a bit before moving onto the bells. Typically, I don’t do cardio and the kettlebells on the same day, though. Yes, I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my day! :) I do have just a tadbit of work to do, but I will whip through that. I’m like Wendy—a lousy golfer. I’ve only chipped and putted and have to yell “Fore!” so many times that my golfer friends won’t be seen with me anymore. :) Mmm, BBQ ~ sounds dee-lish! Enjoy the fam time.

Jackie ~ it sure does feel good to purge…great job movin’ 4 boxes outta there…I can’t sleep late, either. Oh well. I do enjoy the quiet of the morning.

Wendy ~ I plan to start preparing for the test this week sometime…early summer (July) would probably be ideal…I have a feeling it’s only a matter of time before I cave to the JS craze. :)

Carole ~ I did the ankle menu last night…I think I ought to do the knee one as well…10 days? OMG, how horrible!

Christine ~ good job getting that combo down…glad you enjoyed some chill time with DD18…and that Kimo has made good progress. I do not go within a 1 mile radius of scrapple!!! BLECH!...Seasun is a tiny, little thing, isn’t she?

WT ~ methinks you could be Cougar Cheetah. ;) Meowwwwww! *lol* :7 Good to see ya post. No worries ‘bout personals.

Dallas aka PARTNER! :7 ~ So, is the soccer getting any better?...great run! When do you start training with the group?...I’m not a wedding person, but I do enjoy those from other cultures. Bet it was fun! Oh, here is a fun link for you: http://youtube.com/watch?v=WAmisSpAlkU (After you see it, you’ll “get” my signature line!) :7

Kath ~ welcome back! Sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed your time away. Glad to hear it!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Hello again. :)

Cathy: July sounds fine to me. I like the JS as it makes it really easy to throw a little cardio in any work out at any time.

So all of the marathon chatter got me seriously thinking about what I want to do as far as where and when I will run my first. After mulling it over I have decided that I think that, although it's the "boring" way to go, I want to run my first close to home. That being said, I found a few marathons that are run right here in Jersey and I will likely pick from them for my 2009 debut. LOL They are held in March, May and October. The May mary is the same race as the half I am doing this year. They run a half and a full simultaneously so if I enjoy my half I may very well opt for that full mary next year. :)

Ack, it's after 4 and we need to leave for my mom's soon. I'm feeling lazy and totally not motivated to get ready. Phbbbt.

Oh well...guess I'd better get my butt in gear anyway...

BBL girls!:)

Good afternoon Cheetahs!

Wendy - It feels good to get rid of some of that crap. As I was going through it, I wondered why I even kept some of it. Nice workout. Enjoy the time with your mom.

Carole - Glad to hear you like Jump Snap. I've wanted a jump rope workout but never had the room in the house. Hey, you might as well get some workouts to go with your new gadget. Glad you had a good run today.

Christine - Sounds like you still had a fun night hanging out with DD. Whole lot of cooking going on, huh?:9 Kimo and Jimmy gotta love you. Glad to hear Kimo is still improving. All this talk about Scrapple sure makes me want to avoid it. It doesn't sound too appetizing.

Lorie - Is the nausea gone yet? I think you deserved the week off for that. You'll get back.

Dallas - Another decluttering cheetah. Laughing at you having to get rid of stuff when the kids aren't around. A mom has to do what a mom has to do, right? Bet they won't even miss. Wedding sounds like it was fun. Good job on the 5 miles.

Kath - Welcome back! Glad you had a fun vacation and you were able to run every day.

Cathy - Glad you had a good run. Having beautiful weather makes it even better. How exciting to see an arrest!

Well, I've been to church and visited with my mom and sis. Now, the rest of the day is mine. I'm going to put my feet up and exercise my fingers. BTW, I do have some DOMS going on from that run yesterday from my back down to my ankles.

Enjoy your evening ladies!

Jackie

Hey everyone! Hard to believe the weekend is already over. :<(

Cathy – I hope I get to see that movie, too! I checked out the trailer. It looks funny! The Marshall marathon is November 2. Enjoy your run and KB workout!!

Judy – The family dinner sounds great! That is really good that you guys get together like that! I have always wanted to learn to golf. Glad you had a good game!

Jackie – I need to clean my closets and purge sooo badly! Good job! Enjoy your rest day!!

Wendy – Hey there!!! The bowling, ice cream and GH sounds fun!

Carole – Thanks for the encouragement! Yes, my daughter and her Ex were just in the fountain scene at the very end. There were many, many people in it….so we couldn’t even tell who was who or where they were! But they enjoyed it! Enjoy your run!! Oh my goodness! That is so sad about your friend’s mom! My goodness :<(
I should definitely use my JS!!

Christine – Poor Kimo! I am glad she is doing better from the diabetic shock! I would love to be able to come to Chicago and cheer her on! If at all possible, I will do that! My Corey is a black and white “tuxedo cat”. Your Corey sounded pretty!
Oooo, enjoy your Italian lunch, run /or SUS!
Good job on learning Combo 5 yesterday and your Newport!

This morning I went for a 4.5 mile run and did ME. I haven’t done ME for a long time! I really enjoyed it!

Hi to everyone that I may have missed!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.