::: CHEETAHS ::: Kick it Tuesday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs! :)

Judy ~ holy cow!!! What a striking pair you made Saturday night…but *you* look absolutely STUNNING! Smokin' hot there, lady!

Gloria ~ I completely understand where you're coming from --some afternoons are harder than others to make a workout happen. Nature o' the job. :) Congratulations on the “A!” Sweet to see the payoff from hard work.

Kath ~ glad to hear MIL was all sunshine for ya. Great job on the lb. and fat loss!

Wendy ~ that’s how AC is…when I was finishing the HM, the elite had already finished the full! *lol* Chicago is a loop, I believe. There’s also the Ocean Drive marathon that I thought always looked cool—it’s point-to-point--starts in Cape May and finishes in Sea Isle. I think it’s usually in late March. The timing of it might work well with your 18-miler.

Sunny ~ stinks about your client. At least you made the money, anyway, right?

Christine ~ IA about Eion…I do laugh at several points in that video. *lol* about the pits DOMS. You know you got in good when the pits hurt! I have that Gin Miller DVD, and IA it’s not bad at all. You can really ramp up the intensity with that one.

Carole ~ I just booked the Chicago flights for my mom and me as per Farecast’s recommendation. I’ll be watching the fares now, so I’ll see how accurate it is. We’ll get there Friday morning and our outbound flight on Monday leaves at 4 pm. Glad you were able to get in for your massage.

Lorie ~ congrats on beating the ticket! Did you pour on the Southern charm?

Jackie ~ sounds like you’re a busy woman at work. Nice workout. Is that a newer Firm workout?

Wendi ~ none of that crazy talk now…of course, you’ll be missed if you can’t post… sending cheetah strength to power you through all those long days.

Dallas ~ congrats to DD’s team on the win…sounds like you’re working hard.

This afternoon will be a run. I am starting to drag a little from all this erratic sleep that's been going on. Does anyone have any tricks to beat insomnia?

Have a great day, ladies!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Good morning Cheetahs!

Cathy: Thanks re: the workout and "A." :) Those kids sure do wear me out at times. I wonder how many calories I burn at school! :eek: Enjoy your run this afternoon!

Christine: I really like Gin Miller. In high school and college I had her Reebok videos and she really gives a no nonsense workout! I am thinking of buying her newer dvd's. I think I had the original Reebok step video and Intense Moves. I would repurchase Intense Moves. Very athletic, which I like. Have a fab day! :)

Carole: I was thinking of you today at school. A group of high school kids from Ann Arbor have a jump rope squad and they came to our school to give a presentation. They did some amazing, AMAZING tricks. It was really neat. They are tough chicks, just like you! ;-)

Lorie: Tickets do not work that way here in Michigan. I'm glad you beat it!

Dallas: What online course did you take?

Sunny: That is great you are a personal trainer. I have thought about doing that. I was AFAA certified for step aerobics in college and taught at a gym in my college town.

Wendy: I would not like an out and back course either. Too much mental battle with that.

Kath: Glad your MIL was tolerable. Mine can be annoying some times. She always gives me flack for never calling.

Jackie: I have never done the firm workouts. Sounds like you had a good workout.

Wendi: You really are a "workin cheetah!" Sounds like you have a lot of energy. Good luck with the shows!

Not sure what I will do this am. I have some more coffee to drink and then off to workout. Enjoy your Tuesday!

good morning, cheetahs!

i am planning on some yoga this morning and maybe a walk with the pups later. today is an "off" day for NROLW. should do cardio, but i did hiit yesterday and i am really trying to follow NROLW's w/o plan and he basically says to combine long endurance cardio with his weight program is counter-productive because you are trying for strength gains and building muscle (with NROLW) and trying to lose body fat and become smaller with long (he was talking about marathon training) endurance cardio. makes sense. he really likes hiit. so do i. i don't get my hr up as high when i do it on the TM (and my intervals are sub-6's) as i do on the EXT. anyway, all that to say i am going to do some eoin this morning. i did his surf yoga yesterday (i did the "bliss rider" program) and it was awesome. i love eoin!!!

so, another early meeting TODAY and THURSDAY!!!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_5_20.gif

gotta get going for my "date" and get ready for work. will bbl. sorry for the lack of personals. i know, i suck.

oh, wt, no southern charm needed. i just told my story and the guy was really nice. personally, i think they'd rather clear the calendar of anything that is a small offense and are looking for the bigger ones (there were people in there charged with possession of drugs, underage drinking, dui, code violations, etc.). i considered myself a wee little fish in the court pond.

gloria-whenever people say how "lucky" i am to work in the schools and have "so many" days off, i always think that is they only knew how HARD we all work during those 9 months, they wouldn't say that. especially teachers. i don't think i could ever do that, you always have to be "on."

Hello dearest cheetahs,

judy- you and dh are the cutest couple! love the dress:)

cathy- sorry no tricks. i would love to hear some as i sometimes (too often) have insomia and it stinks.

lorie- nooooooo you don't suck:D it happens to us all at times.

gloria- yes i am a pt and AFAA certified (group instruction) i love doing both:7

dallas- so you were off running stairs again hmmmm. love it!! i have some of the folks here addicted.

so last night's biggest looser (ymca's) finale was alot of fun. one of my ladies won (guess what i had her doing, if you guessed running the stairs you are correct!!) we had an awesome time. now i am glad it's over.

today's workout is day 2, of afterburn followed by HIIT on my TM. wooohooo, can't wait}( :+

later taters......

Good Tuesday Morning beautiful Cheetahs :)

Today is a 3miler. Triceps and some core work.

Judy: You are one HOT MOMMA. You look fantastic. Beautiful dress :)

Cathy: Sorry I don't know any tricks to help ya sleep. Yeah MIL was kind. But called me later in the day inquiring why I didn't return her call. I was like "Huh?" I guess she had left a voicemail about picking her up etc...only later in the day did she question why I didn't mention the message---guess she didnt leave the message on my machine --LOL! Why she inquired I do not know--maybe to stir the pot. I didn't bite--made light of it. I think she hates that :)

Coffee is yummy this morning :9 I think after my workout today I'll finish some spring cleaning that needs to be done. My oldest DD graduates the 17th. Go figure I'm 41 and will have one out of college--YIKES :) We will have a small party for her.So I should tidy things up. Next month my youngest graduates from high school and we will have another party then ----WHEW!

Have a great Tuesday-- I know I'll be back :)

Hi Cheetahs-

**Quickie here** The day is booked and the kids need to be to school earlier from here in out.

Thank you for the kind comments on DH & I, and our picture. DD called it the 'parent prom.' (silly girl)

Gloria- Gin Miller was my first step video also, I had it memorized. I also like one that she had that had intervals, but, I have forgotten the name.

Cathy- I am sending you ~~~stay asleep vibes~~~ for some good rest. I am not aware of any tricks in this department. But I wonder if there are any natural remedies that anyone is aware of.

Kath- Coffee IS yummy here too. I cherish the morning with a cup of coffee and quiet time. So you have two graduations this year. We will have two next year. What does oldest DD plan to do next?

Sunny- Congratulation on your client winning biggest loser! stairs must really work! So is the Afterburn program/rotation as long as NROL4W?

Lorie- I found your HR comment interesting with it being higher on the EXT than the TM. For me it is the opposite. And I do not use my hand on the rails for the EXT. But you have are a much more experienced runner than me. Glad you got the ticket taken care of.

Today is NROL4W followed by golf (before the weather turns cold later in the week) Then later DS has a Lacrosse game.

PS- say a prayer for DD. She is really getting stressed with her AP exams and IB requirements. **Thank you**

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

Judy : Oldest DD will have her BS in Criminal Justice. She hopes to hear soon about the NY State Trooper exam(she took that test in Feb)She is busy taking exams for Customs/Immigration and Homeland Security. She had hoped to land a job at the sheriff's office she interned at but they are not hiring right now but will in a few months. Right now she says she just wants a pay check while she waits to hear from the other exams. I'll think of your daughter in my prayers. What is your son taking in college?

Cathy: I just read getting a massage helps with sleep patterns. Heck if not --I'd still get one :)

Time to stretch and hit the trail.

Good Morning Girls.

Sorry I never came back here y'day. Very unlike me, I know. :p I ended up having a majorly cr@ppy day. My mood turned quite foul as the day wore on. The extreme DOMS and the limitations it set on me really started to wear on me. x(

I ended up doing Turbo Jam Ab Jam and Cool it off Express y'day.
Today I will do BBC Arms and Abs weights only. My legs still hurt but I can't be idle again. I thought about doing A&A y'day since it would not involve my legs! Maybe if I had, I would not have been so foul!

I am supposed to be getting together with my running buddy tmrw evening. She would like to go for a short run in the park if possible (no more then 30 minutes). I am trying to decide if that would be OKAY for me or not. What do the Cheetahs think?

Cathy: The full mary winner on Sunday came in 10-15 minutes after me. I think he had a time of 2:35 or something SICK like that! LOL I saw the Ocean Drive mary when I was lookin' up the local ones and was very intrigued by it. I thought about it but thought waiting until May (same event I just did) would give me more time to train. It would also make for (hopefully) more pleasant weather but it's a darned double loop! UGH! Thanks for the info on A/C. I was going to look it up but now I don't have to. Hmmm....I have some thinking to do now...
As far as insomnia goes my BMF has said that when he can't fall asleep he lays on the couch and turns on a show/movie that he knows really well. He said that works to relax him and put him to sleep cause he doesn't have to concentrate on what's going on since he's seen whatever show it is so many times before. I've never tried it though.

Gloria: I meant to tell you that your dog is very cute. Is he/she and irish setter??? I also think we have the same couch as you!!! LOL

Sunny: I'm happy that someone on your Biggest Loser team won. It doesn't surprise me!:) I was tempted by After Burn but considering I haven't even tried NROL yet and AB is very pricey I think I'll hold off. If you give it rave reviews I just might have to take the plunge at another time though. ;)

Kath: 2 parties in a month's time. Sounds like fun!;) I'm having an intimate gathering at my house for DS's third birthday this saturday and I sooooo don't feel like prepping for it. Just not in the mood. ACK!

Judy: I have to agree with the others. You look AMAZING in the photo from the affair. Your DH looks good but you outshine him by miles....As you SHOULD!;) Thanks for the kudos on the race. I was very pleased!:)

Good Morning Cheetahs!

As I’m following the May rotation this week (ya’ll know I just simply cannot follow a rotation to save my life, so this is short lived at best), I’m doing GS Legs. I’ll tack on some core work as well. I have a rather high dread factor for this one, actually. It’s kind of funny. Is it Friday yet? :+

Judy – LOVE the photo! Thanks for sharing! You look very stunning. And I’m jealous of your guns! :p What a beautiful dress! And DH looks great, too – I love a man in a tux. :+ Prayers to DD. My DD is still a year away from all that, but she’s stressed about her grades. She wants to get into a good school and the competition is fierce!

Sunny – Are you following the diet as well on IA? I was reading about it – sounds interesting. Oh CONGRATS on having one of your team members win! How fun! I’ll bet you’re glad it’s over, though.

Lorie – YAY on the court stuff! Way to go on getting your ticket over turned! 12 hours of community service though – do you get to pick it? I know you do that with rescue – I was wondering if that would count. I hope so!

Gloria – glad to hear you get your workout this morning! Great news about your school!! For some reason, I thought Gin Miller’s personality would grate on me, but I like it. She actually reminds me of me, in a weird way. Even my daughter said so. :p

Wendi – kitties? Awww! How cute! I hope you live close to work with your new babies to care for! Sending you super human energy vibes to get through this week! Holy cow, I don’t know how you do it! AND workout on top of it all! *bows low before another Super Cheetah* We’ll definitely miss you if you can’t post!

Dallas – you HAVE to celebrate every now and again, don’t you – especially when the team wins a tournament!! I know the feeling with P90X – which is why I didn’t order STS. Oh, yeah, iCycle 24 – the sprints – yes that one’s killer!

Cathy – enjoy your run today! Sorry, no tips to beat insomnia, though. I hope you get some sleep soon! Usually I find my workouts, if I go hard, make me tired and I sleep – but it’s not always sure-fire. *sends sleepy vibes for tonight*

Kath – Your MIL stories just kill me. You’re so patient with her. I think I’d have been in jail for murder by now. :+ I’m just lucky my MIL lives in India and I see her once every 3 or 4 years.

Wendy – I’m sorry you had such a bad day yesterday!! There is a big difference between DOMS and extreme DOMS – and the latter is not fun. I hope you’re feeling better today! I think you may find that a 3 mile run tomorrow night a great thing for loosening up your muscles.

Well, I should probably get some more tea to get me ready for Cathe’s torture fest – aka GS Legs. Might do the standing portion only, then some cardio to loosen up the muscles. And tack on the floor work to my GS C&T day on Thursday. We’ll see. Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I might have to check out Farecast today. I think Christine and I will be getting in Sat afternoon and leaving Monday. For sleep I have used "Simply Sleep" it is like Tylenol PM without the Tylenol...:)

Gloria...thanks...:)...I bet it was fun watching those kids jumprope...

Lorie...when I got a speeding ticket last year, I just took traffic school online and there fore never had to go to court and the ticket never went on my record. Sorry about the early meeting. Enjoy your walk or yoga.

Sunny...that is cool one of your clients won the biggest loser contest! Sounds like a tough workout.

Wendy..sometimes light cardio can help with leg DOMS the day after a long run or even just walking. I think it would be okay for you to run with your friend tomorrow night.

Christine...I have a Gin Miller step workout from ages ago...Glad you like her Intervals. I bet jumping jacks are tough with sore chest muscles. Have fun with GS legs...I can understand the dread factor...:)..I am with you on the MIL stories, thankfully mine is in Southern Cal and I rarely see her...Funny story, when I bombed on that long run in Oregon about 2 years ago, DH was telling her my quad muscles got a bit burned out and now every time she calls she asks him how my knee is doing?...WTH???

Jackie...good workout with the Firm yesterday.

Kath..glad your MIL was nice yesterday.

Wendi...cute story about the kittens. Yeah, how can you resist!!...:)

Judy...WOW!! What a beautiful pic!! You look great in that black dress!! You two make a very nice looking couple. I will say a prayer for your DD.

Why is it you have no sore muscles until you get a massage???..:)...she got into every sore spot I had and it felt great!!!

Also my sister signed us up for a 5K in Sac...OMG, now I am going to have to do speed work!!! Here is the site if any of you want to check it out: http://www.wff.fleetfeetsacramento.com/

Today I am doing squats and calf raises (I skipped those yesterday), abs and a 4 mile run doing hill repeats....

Have a great day...:)

Good morning Cheetahs!

Kath - Good job on the 5 miles! Glad MIL decided to be nice yesterday.

Christine - You enabler you! Now, I'll have to look at some Gin Miller workouts. Oh, boy, do I have a lot to catch up on after this move. Glad you enjoyed it. Enjoy GS Legs!! I can see DOMS in your future.

Sunny - Glad you were able to get your run in. Congrats to your team member for winning the BL challenge! Did she win anything interesting?

Lorie - Yippee for the ticket being thrown out! Community service should be a piece of cake.

Gloria - Congratulations to the state of MI on that A! Hope you got in a good workout this morning.

Wendi - How cute about the kittens! Hope your work week is a good one.

Judy - Love, love the pic of you and DH! You both looked great! Hope you had fun. Sent that prayer up for your DD.

Dallas - Congrats to DD soccer team on their win! Pizza was a good way to celebrate!

Cathy - Complete Body Sculpting is from the BSS3 series. I haven't bought any of the Firms since BSS4. I only throw the old ones in every now and then. Bored with my rotation and wanted to change things up a little. So far this month I'm shooting from the hip. Too much going on. Hope you have a good run. I was awake at 2 this morning and couldn't fall back asleep right away. Started counting backwards from 100. That didn't work. Then started from 1000. After I lost count a few times, the next thing I knew the alarm was going off.

Wendy - Sorry for the bad mood yesterday. Hope the workout helped.

Carole - Glad you enjoyed your massage. Can't wait until I can get back to mine. Good luck to you and DS on 5K training. Hate speed work and tempo runs. Enjoy your run today. Hip still behaving?

I did iTread #21 Run Intervals and iStretch #24 Meditative Stretch. My little Firm workout yesterday gave me some upper and lower body DOMS. Really feeling my hamstrings.

Have a great day ladies!

Jackie

Carole – I think my entire dread factor for GS Legs is those horrid low pulse lunges! Holy ouch batman! :p Too funny about you MIL and always asking about your knees. Hey, knees are CLOSE to the quads! Oh have fun with your 5k race training!!

Jackie – I liked this Gin Miller because it was so short that it fit perfectly in with weight work for a nice workout. When do you officially move? I’ll bet you’re looking forward to FINALLY getting moved in! Enjoy feeling your hamstrings! I’ll feel mine tomorrow!

I did ALL of GS Legs. Ouch! I did tell Jimmy to bite Cathe during those low pulse lunges - but he's too sweet a dog to do it. Followed it up with the stability ball abs from B&G. I’m feeling good and worked out right now. I only skipped the second half of the calf raises. I can handle DOMS in my glutes, quads, hams…, but HATE having sore calves! :+ (And yes, I know I’ll have DOMS everywhere else!). Then I took Jimmy to the vet for his annual shots. Now we’re both at work – he’s asleep under my desk. Vet said he’d sleep most of the day. So, I figured I’d keep him with me in the morning. Have a great day all!

Jackie...thanks , the massage was great and I hope you can get to yours soon! I like speedwork, it has just been a long time...Hip as been good, my massage therapist thinks it might be more in my glutes than an ITB issue. Somehow that makes me feel better!! Good job with iTread and iStretch. I have many of the older and a few newer Firms, but have not done any in awhile.

The hill repeats were killers!! But what a feeling and running like that is great the day after a massage.

Christine and Cathy...wow, I booked my flights and so it would seem I am really coming to the Windy City!!! http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/r/bigdance2.gif[/img]

Can't wait to see you guys and any one else that comes...:D

Christine...hey, we posted close to the same time. Yes those low pulse lunges are a burner! GS calf work gets my calves EVERY time...:)...LOL about my MIL and the knees...whatever...:)...Enjoy your day with Jimmy...:D

Carole! YEAH! Can't wait to see you, Cathy and Dallas in the Windy City, too! Great job on the hill repeats! I love that feeling of a good hard workout.

Good Afternoon Girls.

I just finished my work out and it was just what the doctor ordered.
I did BBC's Full Body work out but I omitted the exercises that are lower body focused: wall squat, toe taps off the step, flunges, squats and glute k/b's. I was going to A&A but realized I hadn't had the chance to complete my week of BBC before the HM so I wanted to finish it out. Yeah, I'm anal that way!:p

I am considering starting a round of the original X next week. DH is SUPPOSED to be starting it (well, a limited version anyway) on Friday so I'm thinking of doing it also so that he won't "suffer" alone and then if he tries to quit I can make him feel all guilty for it!}( What am I thinking!?! :7

I need to grab a shower but I'll BBIAB for personals!

Ciao!:)

Hiya Girls :)

Just checking in. I scrubbed down my kitchen and my livingroom. Talk about a workout. Walls/windows/curtains. DD came home from school and said "Wow the house smells good" Ha! It won't last :) Tomorrow I hope to tackle DS's room and the family/workout room. I hope to tackle at least two rooms a day. Wish me luck LOL! Plan is to get the house done before my two college kids come home.

DH is on his way home. Was out of town for a meeting. Did I mention he got a hole in one on Sunday? He was pretty pumped. I think I can have a CAB now esp. after that workout :)

BBL unless I crash early.

I'm back!:)

Christine: Hope you survived GS legs. It's not one of my favorite lower body work outs either. I like the floor torture }( but never got into the standing portion. I usually break it up into 2 workouts as well. The legs are better today after standing/walking around for 3 hours at work and then coming home and working out. I think I'll be fine by tmrw morning. As it turns out my friend can't make it tmrw night for that run anyway. Perhaps I'll just go by myself then. ;)

Carole: Woo hoo on booking your Chicago trip! You and Christine will have so much fun cheering Cathy on! I'm so jealous! }( I will probably go it alone tmrw evening for that run. My friend emailed me earlier to tell me she can't make it after all. :-(

Jackie: 21 intervals is one of my fave Itreads! Glad you got some DOMS from your Firm work out. I am in better spirits today. My legs are on the mend and I worked out FOR REAL. Exercise really IS a mood regulator! Atleast for me!:)

Kath: When you are done scrubbing down your house, please come and do mine!;) You DESERVE a cab after all of that housework! What's your beverage of choice? :9

Well DH is working into the night so I am going to take Joey to the park now for a little while before dinner I think. Dinner will be easy since I don't have a MAN to cook for. :p O/T can stink but it has it's good points too. LOL

Alrighty...I'd better be going but I'll be back!:+

Um Wendy --NO! :) Wait can we go out for CABs after? :) I'm a Mich Ultra kinda girl. But give me a margarita and well my clothes may come off :7

Why is it we like it when are men are gone? Hmmmmm :) I think DH stopped at MIL's. She sent an email demanding him to fix her toilet. Think he is having fun? :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.