::: CHEETAHS ::: June 18 ~ Monday

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Morning to the fabulous cheetahs & happy Monday :)

Today is a rest day for me...I had more of those than anticipated last week and don't particularly feel that I *need* one already, but it's schedule-dictated. Tonight is graduation, so it'll be a long day, and it's unlikely I'll be able to fit in a workout anywhere. The nice thing is, since it's gonna be a scorcher and our practice is outside today on the football field, we can dress down in shorts, tees, and sneakers. Love that!

OK, enjoy your Monday & your workouts!
Cathy :)

Good morning cheetahs,

cathy- have fun at practice and try to stay cool;) .

today i am supposed to do legs and abs, however i may not get a chance to workout. my schedule is so busy today and during my "break" i need to go to the YWCA and make sure their cd player is working and make sure i know how to work it, lol. my first real class is tomorrow at 6:00a.m.

i will report back in later....:+

Good Morning Girls!

Cathy: Have fun at graduation tonight! I am supposed to be going to DH's nephew's middle schoold grad ceremony and dinner on wednesday night but I really don't want to go. I'm thinking of trying to get out of it! How bad is that? }( :p I actually would enjoy dinner just fine. It's the ceremony I am dreading!

Sunny: I will keep my fingers crossed that you can get a work out in!

Well, my recovery week begins today so it's XFlowsion yoga for me! There are several choices of work outs or mish-moshes to do with that yoga set so I'll decide at the last minute...:)

I don't have to work today so I am going to try to get Joey out to play for a while before it gets too hot. Where we play (front yard or park) will be determined by what time we are ready to go so we'll see what happens. Today would actually be a good SHOPPING day!!!}(

Alrighty ladies...I'll pop back in later to see what's goin' on!
Have a great morning!:7

ETA: I just signed up for the Pine Beach race, Cathy and Shelly! :7

Good morning cheetahs! Happy Monday.... still alive and kicking here in New Jersey:eek: Had a nice time at my BILs yesterday with an afternoon BBQ and a swim. This morning I was up at 0600 as usual rarin to go. Had a very nice 6 mile run. Feeling the humidity still but it's not bothering me quite so much, I just get sweaty a lot faster!

Cathy- How's the calf today? Hope your graduation goes well for you with no major glitches.

Wendy- officially signed up for the Pine Beach 5k? :7 :7 :7 :7 :7
At this point I'm really just biding my time waiting for next Sunday.
My MIL's eyes lit up when I mentioned that there is a free Outback BBQ for everyone after the race so I may have some in-laws there with me:eek: Have a great shopping/play day!

Marcia- Happy Anniversary!!! (a little belated though) I love hearing about strong successful relationships. They are becoming sadly more rare. Sounds like the training for your HM is coming along nicely. You sound so upbeat and enthusiastic about it in your posts and it makes me glad for you!

SunnyD- WTG on your 8 miles yesterday:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Wait til you get your first 10 miler under your belt!! Tomorrow is a big day for you with your first class? What will you be teaching.... is it a spin class, step? What music will you be playing? Are you sick of all my nosy questions?

Carole- Yay! Conquered that nasty ol 8 mile trail run upright!!!!!
;-) ;-) Today is your day off isn't it? Going to get in alot of painting today? Are you going to give Amy's KBext another go?

Laura- It must be so exciting to you to be watching your new house take shape finally. I remember how much I loved going out each day to our house and seeing the new work in progress. Have you got your energy back yet? Racing does drain you quite a bit. Usually you can count on needing one day of recovery for each mile you have raced. It's wonderful that you got out there and did it!!! What distance did you do anyway.... 5k, 10k?

Okay, I think I've caught up and babbled enough. Not sure what is on the agenda today. We may go down to Tuckerton, Little Egg Harbor, where my in-laws have a summer house on a canal. I'll be getting in some fluke fishing and kayaking somewhere in the next few days. Later today or this evening I'll be doing the Squeeze workout.

I'll check back in later.

ShellyC

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...it felt so good to conquer that trail. I have run in the dark a few times, usually early morning, but wearing the head lamp that one time really helped. I have also had my share of falls...my back still flares up now and then too. Enjoy your rest day and the graduation. You should be quite comfy during the practice...:)

Sunny...hope you have a good workout if you can squeeze one in.

Wendy...Have fun with Xflowsion and playing outside with Joey.

Shelly...I'd be drenched in that humidity!! I was very happy to run that trail and not fall. Yes I am off today and will do more painting. I won't do Amy's KB again until Sat, but I might try her hi/lo Xtreme on Wed. Sounds like you are having a fun time.

Laura...you sure can feel fatiqued after a race when you have not raced in awhile. Hope you are better today.

Today will be a 40 min EXT workout before my massage at 9:15!!! Then painting and I will squeeze in P90X S&A somewhere...

Have a great day...:)

Hey gang:

I got up this morning for a power walk (1 hour) before work. I have realized that I NEED to do some sort of cardio in the morning to get myself moving, I'll have to fit in strength training in the afternoon/evening hours instead.

I am leaving for a long weekend up in northern Minnesota this weekend. We are leaving early Friday morning and coming back late on Sunday. My dilema - there will be no time for my long run. I'm thinking of getting it in on Thursday morning instead, but is that too soon since my long run last weekend or won't it matter since my long runs aren't REALLY long only 5 miles. What do all of you think? I'd hate to miss it and I don't think I will have time for it while I'm gone.

I'll be back later.
Marcia.

Hey ladies. Sorry I've been MIA. I've been enjoying the first few days of sumemr vacation with the boys.

We spent the entire day yesterday at the local amusement & water park. FUN FUN FUN! It was a treat for the boys yesterday, because they were sad it was Father's Day. Younger DS got onto his thought process of, "we have no daddy anymore, so we can't celebrate the day". Phewy on that, I said, asked them HOW they wanted to celebrate, and off we went. It was a GLORIOUS day and an awesome way to celebrate late DH! PLUS, yesterday would have been our 13th anniversary, so I was a bit sad myself, but the day came and went like nay other.

ANYWAY....eating, right? WRONG! It was all off. Today is new.
Menu:
B: banana and cereal
S: watermelon
L: veggie soup, grilled cheese on 22 bread
S: grapes
D: grilled chicken over a salad

Oh. and this morning was a 45 minute (4.5+ mile) run.

Gayle

Hi Cheetahs

Marcia- I think you will be fine doing your long run a day or two early, especially if you rest or stretch the next day.

Carole- Enjoy that massage and the painting. Do you listen to music while you paint?

Wendy- I hope Joey had a blast playing outside! Do you have a pool you can take him to? Or will you get him a kiddie pool? Water is great fun for all kids. Have you thought about swim lessons? ( I am a huge advocate of early swim lessons and did it for all my kids. Three out of vour are life guards and swim instructors ( Well Bethany is now into real life and retired from life guarding LOL)

Cathy- I hope you enjoy all the fresh air today!

Well today was another 9 mile run. It was fine. I did take water with me and sipped about every 10-15 minutes. My average pace was 10:58. I am not worried because it was supposed to be around an 11+ minute pace. The tempo runs for me are supposed to be a in the high 9 minute range. (this is according to the runners world plan I am using) I am a slow poke!

Well I need to get up and moving so I do not get stiff. I'm headed off to dust and get the basememnt WO area somewhat clear. The contractors are starting framing today. Whooo Hoo!

Shelly - have fun on the canal! I ran along the canal here for the first 2 miles today.

ETA: Hi Gayle!

Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

Good Morning All!

How is everyone? I’m beat! We did an 8 mile hike yesterday with Jimmy (who was still bouncing afterwards – kind of scares me), followed by a trip to Blue Rock Shoot with both dogs for lunch, then a swim in the pool and finally dinner with all the kids for Father’s Day. DH and I went early to get a table as we neglected to make reservations, but as Santana Row has music in the park, we got to sit outside with a glass of wine and enjoy a great jazz band as we waited. Kids got there and were there for five minutes when I was called for the table. It was just a nice day. Did PP Upper Body x3 today. I love that one as it really works my back. So, I’m feeling good.

Cathy – enjoy graduation! And you’ll get there with your workouts. Is today your last day of teaching?

Sunny – oh how exciting! Your first real class!! Wish I could take it. I’m sure you’ll rock. Good luck with the CD Player!

Wendy – I hate sitting through graduation services, even for my own kids! But usually once I’m there, I’m so darned proud, that I’m happy to be there. Oh, I definitely think you should go shopping! I love shopping! And I’m jealous! I want to run with you, Cathy and Shelly!

Shelly – I know what you mean about the humidity – it does get you sweatier faster! Sounds like you’re having a great time out East! You’ll have a great time with the other Cheetahs! Enjoy yourself! Kayaking and fishing? I love anything on the water. Enjoy!!

Carole – CONGRATS!!! I’m so happy you were able to run that trail again with falling! Enjoy your workout and massage!!

Marcia – Happy belated Anniversary! I think you can do your long run on Thursday. Just take it a little slower. Have fun! I hear it’s gorgeous up in Northern Minnesota! I Like the Lillian Jackson Braun’s “The Cat Who…” series – and that takes place up there. I’ve always wanted to visit.

Gayle – I don’t think it’s possible to eat right at an amusement park. You are such a sweet and understanding mom! Your boys are very lucky to have you. Must have been a tough day for you – but you handled it well. Good for you.

Judy – you still run faster than I do! Good job on the 9 miles! Have fun watching the contractors! (Ok, that sounds bad, but I meant work, not anything else!)

Have a great day all!

Good Afternoon Ladies!

It's nap time/pre-work out check in for me!;)

Shelly: The more the merrier at the race I say! Will they enter it and walk it? }( No shopping today. I have done ENOUGH shopping lately! LOL

Carole: How often do you get massages you lucky girl!?

Marcia: I'm no expert but I don't think a few days one time will make a big difference in your training. I think it would be fine.

Gayle: Glad you and your boys turned Father's Day around from something sad to something fun! Good for you!:)

Judy: I don't have a community pool in my area. We have a kiddie pool but it has a hole in it. We have to buy a new one. I would love to take Joey for swim lessons as he loves the water but I have no idea where to go!?!?

Christine: Sounds like you had a lovely Father's Day.:) Sitting out in the nice weather sipping wine and listening to music sounds perfect! I think you should meet up with Marcia and both come out here for the Pine Beach race! ;)

Good morning Cheetahs!

Shelly - Sounds like you're having a super duper trip! I hope the 5K Saturday will have bib numbers, pics, etc. If so, will definitely post the pics. Enjoy your day today! Sounds like fun.

Marcia - Happy 12th Anniversary to you and DH! Hope the day was wonderful!

Sunny - Wow!! Great job on the 8 miles! Thinking of doing a half any time soon?

Wendy - So glad to hear you worked out the boredom factor with SS. Still can't see myself doing it for more than a month at a time. I've loaned the workouts to DD now. She seems to be having problems with thighs getting bigger. She's been trying different things. I told her she needs to start keeping a log of her workouts so that she can pinpoint where she started to see changes.

Carole - Glad you made it through the trail run with no falls. You showed it who was boss. Enjoy your massage.

Cathy - Enjoy your rest day! Glad you could dress appropriately for the heat. Hats off to the graduates!

Gayle - Glad you enjoyed a fun weekend with the boys.

Judy - Great job on the 9 miles!

Christine - Sounds like you had a fun day with the family.

Today's workout was Jari Love's Ripped to the Core and Rodney Yee's yoga for abs. Things have been hectic here this morning. Computer issues!!x( Think I want to throw the thing in the floor. But, I'd better not because I'm sure I would have to pay for it.

Have a great Monday!

Jackie

Since I'm getting back into running, I would like a good running bra. I should say that I'm like a "Negative A" cup (if that makes a difference in your suggestions). Actually, I would like suggestions on a good running tank (shelf bra), too.

Thank you for any help you may be able to give.

Heather

"Live Life Knowing Hindsight is 20/20"

Hi Heather. I LOL at 'negative A'. lol Seriously, I'm not the one for suggestions. I'm cheap. What else can I say? I'm not large, either, so it's easy for me to just buy the 3 pack for $10.00 and be fine with them. Sorry I can't help more than that. BUT...GOOD LUCK! Stay around and these ladies will have you buying MORe than just running bras! LOL

Gayle

Gayle,

Thank you for your response. I'm kind of cheap, too. However, I wanted to get maybe one or two good ones. I would like to stay around. This group of girls is like a little family - it's great reading some of the posts by them.

(Yeah.....I kinda figured I'll probably go into debt hanging on this forum!) LOL!!! :7

Thank you, again....

Hey.

So I just finished XFlowsion's Live Jam premix (44 mins) for the first time. I really enjoyed it. Good leg burner, got the heart rate up some, made me sweat and worked the core a bit as well. It also had a nice little stretch at the end. I'm happy!}(

Welcome to our little family, Heather! Hope you stick around! I'm pretty cheap when it comes to work out clothes myself though I do like cute stuff. I usually shop sales or stores like TJ Maxx and Target. When it comes to running, my main concern for my clothing is that it's made of a wicking fabric. Beyond that I just make sure it's cute and it fits! ;) I don't need any great support either so I never concern myself with buying a "good" sports bra or shelf bra tank. :p :7

Off to make some coffee and take a 15 minute break for a snack before I have to hit the house work!

BBL!:)

Thank you, too, for your advice, Wendy. I'm into cute stuff, too. I actually never thought of TJ Maxx - may have to go there on Wednesday.

I plan on run/walking tonight. I am dragging my non-running husband out, and I think I'll try to get him to do more running than walking (it's going to kill him!). My two co-workers are going at an earlier time :( and they go to a park with a nice trail. My husband and I will do a 3.2 mile loop in the neighborhood. Aside from the occasional exhaust from passing vehicles, it's not a bad loop.

Glad to be adopted! I think I'll stick around. It's nice to read these posts and participate in them. :)

Hello, Cheetahs!!! I'm way late checking in & had a busy weekend!! Thanks again for the well wishes w/ the race. I'm still feeling great after it, although was a little sore in the quads y'day!! (a good feeling!!) Kiersten however seemed to take a turn for the worse. Bad Mom, now I feel like I shouldn't have let her race but she was feeling ok that morning. She's been running a fever all weekend (actually, since Thursday it's never really broken, just goes down w/ the Tylenol). And complaining of her head, neck, and now her left ear hurting so we went back to the Dr. this morning. The Dr. said that it is probably from the angle of her neck during surgery (a bit hyperextended to get out the adenoids) but everything else looked ok. She was glad I brought her in just in case (I didn't want to be an over bearing Mom, but I hate to see her still in pain after almost a week!). She said to give her some Motrin & just keep her resting & make sure she's eating & drinking enough.

We had a nice weekend anyway. My brother Scot showed up early Sun morning so he spent the day & night w/ us which was wonderful. I'm so glad he's back for a little while at least. And Greg's brother Brian came over all afternoon too. Greg had a nice Father's Day so that's what counts!

I did Plyo & then the blasts from KM for a nice cardio workout this morning! :) Greg & I will do CST + ARX when he gets home from work since we didn't get it done y'day.

OK, sorry I haven't had time for personals, these girlies are keeping me busy! ;-) Have a good one!

Well, I'm a bit more well-endowed (C or D cup, hence the nickname jugs- ;-) ) so I don't have any real advice. I've actually found the last 2 sports bras that I like at Old Navy. They fit well & give me enough support! HTH and welcome to the Cheetahs!!! :)

Hello again! Didn't make it down to the summer house on the water yet. Did some shopping instead with the in-laws and tonight DH is preparing his world famous paella:9 . Just thought I'd check in and see what's happening here before I start my Squeeze workout.

Heather- Welcome! I'm glad to see you check in:7 Wow, you found a way to get your DH to walk/run with you.... let me know your secret!
I don't think my DH would run even if he were on fire.... sigh!
I got a kick out of your "negative A" bra comment. Another kindred soul negative A here! Personally I think being less well endowed shall we say, makes running much more comfortable;-) Anway, check out the goods at www.roadrunnersports.com for some quality running
wear, They do have specials and deals at times also. Have a great 5k run/walk today!

Carole- Massage day.... oooolala! Maybe I should treat myself to one this week.... hmmmmmmm.

Marcia- Hey there, I change up the days for my long runs all the time with my crazy schedule. I don't think you'll be hurtin at all
and I think it will help you enjoy your weekend more with that behind you.

Gayle- Sounds like you had one fabulous Father's Day.... you and your DSs deserve it! Nice clean eating menu!

Judy- WTG with the 9 miles.... speed schmeed... who cares?

Christine- You had me positively sighing and green with envy over your description of your day yesterday!!! So Jimmy took in an 8 mile hike and was STILL jumping? OMG:eek:

Wendy- My MIL and FIL in a 5k... even walking:eek: NOT in a million years I'm afraid, but the idea of a free BBQ is definitely appealing to them to come and watch anyway.

Jackie- I'm so glad you're going to try to post some pics of your upcoming 5k! We ought to be able to post some good ones of our triple cheetah meet-up the next day!

I think that about catches me up! Later y'all!
Time to go squeeze some toushy;-)

ShellyC

OH! JESS! I have to laugh at your forum name and being well-endowed! LOL. It's so funny to me because I grew up playing sports with a very good friend of mine who was very well-endowed starting around age 12 or so. She gave herself the name 'Jugs' and it stuck right on thru high school. Very good-natured girl, too! And I have to admit, that's what I was wondering everytime I read your forum name! LOL Now I know! HMMMM....I wonder where my friend Jugs is today? HMMMMM! LOL

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.