:::CHEETAHS::: IT'S MONDAY!!

gdixson

Cathlete
It is officially the last week of school! :) I do have a data meeting so I need to get there early! I will work out soon and talk to everyone later! Have a fantastic day!

Good morning, cheetahs! :)

Gloria :: woohoo! I didn't realize the year was ending for you already. Sweet!...I do love my school, kids, admin, etc. Never a doubt this was the right move to make. I mean, I feel I'd be happy teaching ANYWHERE, but I lucked out, for sure.

Christine :: *lol'd* at that little guy in the box. :) IA with you about the social component being a necessary part of a kid's life. OMG, that workout has me shakin' in my boots as I begin TT this week. *lol*

Wendy :: glad you had a great time!

Wendi :: hope you got a good night's rest! Love the determination in your last post. We are here to support you. Many of us made scary career transitions ourselves.

I thought today would be my usual Monday rest day, but I just remembered that I have a retirement dinner tomorrow evening and won't have time for anything. So tonight I'll be doing TT Workout A.

Have a great day, everyone!

Good morning Girls :) The weekend flew by---way too fast. I'm sure you all can agree.

Today is a 5miles. *GIANT* sets for shoulders. I'm hoping to finish up some planting today. Have to pick up a few more plants for the garden.

A few personals:

Carole: *Bambi* and mom raid my garden every year. Last year she stood there staring at me. I looked down at my retriever and thought *bark*. No go-- I think he made friends with her :) Nature is amazing huh? My son is interning for a utlity company and he said the company had to build a new pole for a bird and her nest. I guess they build in same spot every year. She was causing outages due to the babies/wings etc. So instead of running her off, they built a new pole and moved the nest prior to her laying her eggs. I can't think of the name of the bird. He said it's huge. I know that narrows it down LOL. I'll find out later and post.

Gloria: Wow how nice your last week. I'm sure you can't wait. Any plans for the summer? Or just relaxing ? :)

Cathy: You are sounding better. I can hear it in your type written words :) This week is a busy one for us at as well. The school gives out the awards/scholarships etc on Wednesday. Her interview went well on Saturday. Very talented kids out there-- I do not know how they narrow it down to just one.

Wendi: Hope sleep was good for you. Sounds like Christine gave you some great advice.

Wendy: Sounds like you had a terrific time :) way to go on your run yesterday. Sometimes those are the best--no timing no worries.

Christine: I have to agree with ya--social things are very important to a child's life. Your workout made me tired :)

Need a refill. I will be back :)

Good morning cheetahs! I've finally finished up all my job preparation paperwork and on line courses (yay) Now I have 2 weeks of actual vacation- no moving work, job work NOTHING:) Today they should be contacting me about which apartments I'll be staying at in Philly. The 3 possibilities are all way more POSH then what I'm accustomed to!! One of them overlooks a large park with running trails.... I'm kindof hoping for that one. But they all have their own fitness centers so I'll be fine!

They posted the official results of the 5k I did on Sat. They still got it wrong. The woman they listed as first in my AG they have finishing at my time!! They switched us. I am absolutely 100% certain of when I finished!! My time ws 24:14x( x( x( I remember clearly because I was pretty astonished at that time myself! Okay, I'll let it go now... I promise! :)

Hi Judy- the Race Scoring company was Elite Timing.... official results posted today and they still got it wrong. Great NROL and HIIT session yesterday!

Dallas- Congrats on the decluttering accomplishment... must feel good! That's great news about the family with the child who has cancer... kids have absolutely amazing recuperative powers!

Christine- Glad to hear you are having a serious sit down with DD19. Be very interested in hearing how it goes. I have about 4 Mindy workouts I think. Alot of people are turned off by her zaniness but I get a kick out of her. Anyway, she produces real kickbutt cardio workouts and her choreography isn't complicating. I think a great bargain is a double workout dvd- ActionPacked and Interval Express- both great workouts!! You can even get it at DeepDiscountdvds. I really don't know how you manage to keep everything straight with your schedule/partys, work and all the travel!!!! You are truly amazing. Loved that sloth pic--- you do have a quirky sense of humor!! (love it!)

Cathy- Sorry your run was disappointing for you but I think your body was taxed from dealing with that bug. I would play next weeks run by ear. Go out for 10 but if you're feeling okay, keep going!

Carole- Sounds like you had an awesome 8 mile trail run yesterday!!! Congrats--- wow-- too bad you didn't have a camera with you when those deer jumped into your back yard!

Wendi- YAY----- great news that you are following the wise and sage Christine's advice to start doing!! We're behind you... you CAN do this!!!

Wendy- Glad you had a great time in AC despite those nasty Tstorms!

Gloria- woooohooooo LAST DAY!!! What's the workout?

Kath- I finished up all my on line classwork and job prep paperwork so I'm really looking forward to finally being able to get in some good yardwork myself today--- I really miss it-- very difficult to grow much of anything in N. Ariz where I just moved from. I'm still enjoying and soaking up all the GREEN!!! Hope you got in a great 5 miler today... you and your GIANT sets.... too cute!

Time to get moving here. I'm heading out on a beautiful morning for a nice long easy paced run. 8-10 miles... I'll see how I feel!

tata

ShellyC

Good Morning Cheetahs. :)

Back from A/C. Had a great time. Ate and drank with the best of 'em but now it's back to business!;)

Today's work out is A/B stage 1 day 1 work out. I thought about doing it right now but I'm really not in the mood so it can wait until nap time.

Gotta go food shopping today. JOY! LOL

So today it appears to be much better, though totally not gone but all weekend (since friday afternoon), I have had some of the fiersest DOMS in my thighs! OMG! Mostly inner thigh area. I am assuming it's from the KB work out I did on friday and perhaps that coupled with the tough leg work I've been doing for AB AND now using the EXT on a high resistance. OMG! Thank goodness there I was drinking this weekend cause the alcohol is about the only thing that worked to dull the pain!;) }( :7 :7 :7 I am back to more leg work today. Let's see how I feel tmrw...I almost don't wanna know!:p

BBIAB!

Morning, Cheetahs!

Wendi – If you can handle the position you have now with your sense of humor and joy of life, then I know, somewhere out there is a job you’ll like, hours that are much more reasonable, and a boss who truly appreciates what he/she has in you. I have my fingers crossed for you!

Wendy – glad you had a good time in AC! Good job at being controlled in your indulgences! I don’t know if you saw it or not, but I broke down and ordered P90X+. I also got a chin up bar, so I’m really excited. I’m going to do an odd mix of TT/P90X+ and kettlebells. :p

Gloria – enjoy the last week of school! DD15 has two more weeks. She’s stoked, too, though.

Cathy – I just read June’s TT workout – oh my! }( I really like the Big 5 for Fat Loss, though – that one is good. And I’m getting better at paper workouts. I actually feel like I can take my time more. I’m enjoying this. I just thank the heavens for Cathe for teaching me proper form!

Kath – I love hearing stories about big companies taking the time to care for wildlife. I don’t have deer in my back yard, but where I live there are a lot of Open Space Preserves and I mountain bike and trail run many of them. I’ve seen mule deer, coyotes, bobcats, and all sorts of birds. It’s so nice to be so neat so much (except when the mountain lions come too close – they are kind of scary).

Shelly – I’m glad you are done with all of your work and can play for two weeks! Nice that all of the apartments have fitness centers! I’m keeping my fingers crossed for the one with the large park and running trails! I’m sorry about the race. How aggravating! Thanks for the info on the Mindy! I keep everything on my computer calendar, otherwise I forget everything! :p Yes, I have a very weird sense of humor. :p Enjoy your run!

Well, I’m feeling good after yesterday’s sweatfest! I do have some DOMS in the legs – I always seem to from TT workouts. Today will be some kind of cardio. I’m thinking maybe Kenpo X. I haven’t done that one in ages. After talking it over with DH, we decided to cancel the trip to Santa Fe because it’s so close to my trip to Boston. We’d have to come home a day early, and that would pretty much make my trip pointless. I’m bummed (I was craving some New Mexican food), but now I can spend an extra day in Boston. I cannot believe how expensive air travel has become! Have a great day everyone!!!

Christine: When did you place the order? I just checked and don't see it. Did you order it through my page link? I am not sure if that matters though. If you ordered through www.beachbody.com and I don't see the order soon I will send out an email and see what the story is. Congrats on the X+ AND the pull up bar! You are gonna just LOVE doing pull ups!}(

Oh - did I need to order it through your page? I ordered it through Beachbody. I can forward the order to you. I ordered it on Saturday - it may not have been processed yet. I also ordered the heavy duty bands - my bands are toast and I like the option of being able to use them instead of weights for travel.

I am not sure if you HAD to order through my page. I will send out an email and find out. I would think you wouldn't HAVE to order through my page. It wouldn't make sense IMO. Also the fact that you ordered on a weekend could have something to do with my not seeing it yet as well. I'll keep ya posted! :)

Hi everyone,

I don't mean to intrude on your thread, but I have a question for all of you experienced runners. I'm training for a 20K, and I've gotten up to 10-11 miles for my long run so far. I'm wondering for those of you that monitor heart rate, what is a good percent of max at which to run the long runs?

Thank you in advance,
Doreen

Hi Doreen.

I don't use an HRM but I can tell you that during my long distance training runs (for a new distance) I never have any trouble keeping up the pace cardio wise because I take it at a slow pace so obviously my heart rate is not extremely high. When I train for new long distances my goal is to train my lower body to endure the run. I hope this makes sense to you. :)

Morning Cheetahs!

I overslept. :( This was not the day to do this. UGH! I have legs, core and cardio to do. We had a fun day y-day w/the kids. We went to our usual pool hang out after the game. :) I forgot to put sunscreen on my midsection....so a little fried there. Core should be fun today. ;-) This is the last full week of school for the kids. :) It should be a fun week for them w/the end of school year picnics, etc. :)

Christine ~ IA about getting used to the logging, etc from P90X. I've been using APX and Amy's workouts fly from one exercise to the next. Have to get used to that again. I've paused it a few times to record my weights/reps, etc. Glad you're getting used to paper workouts. I'll have to give it a try sometime. Sorry about your travel plans. Great workout y-day! That looks good!}(

Wendy ~ DOMS in the legs!!! }( lol'd about the alcohol comment. Sounds like you had a great time. :)

Shelly ~ I just hope this poor little boy can endure the full 26 weeks w/his counts dropping already. :( I guess that's why the parent's decided to have people over this weekend. He may not be able to handle it much longer. I guess this week's chemo is the kind that will start making him lose his hair. He's such a little doll. My heart just breaks for him. :( The apartment w/the trails sounds wonderful. That's a prefect fit for you! Hope you get that one. Enjoy your EZ run!

Kath ~ Enjoy your workout! Are you settling into a new routine now that the kids have been home? Next week will start a new routine for me...I can't wait!!! :)

Gloria ~ You're right about that. However, I guess we get our strength from somewhere when tough situations arise.

Cathy ~ Have you ever checked out the store Black and White then? They always have cute stuff. Sorry about your run, but I bet you're still recuperating from the sinus infection. I always feel drained...even when I start feeling better. IA about kid's and the pressures nowadays. :( I like my kids to be in one activity at a time. This is the first year DD played two sports simultaneously. Soccer and softball overlapped for about 3 months. It's too much. I told dh before sign ups, I was not happy about it. Not next year!! It amazes me what other families and their kids are doing!!! Our schedule it "light" compared to theirs. :eek:

Carole ~ Yep, running does de-stress, doesn't it?? well, now I know why I got such a good deal on my Garmin. :p It's on the bigger side too. Have to shop around for a better model! ;-) We had deer in the yard this AM too. It's amazing how they can always spot me...they have great eyes. :) They get really still and then dash off into the woods. It's cool to see in the backyard, isn't it? Nice job on your run y-day.

Wendi ~ ((((HUGS)))) Hope you were able to get some rest last night.

OK, better get crack-a-lackin! I have to get groceries after my workout because I slacked off so much this weekend! ;-)

Have a great day!

ETA: Hi Doreen...you've come to the right place...I hope the experienced Cheetahs can offer some words of wisdom. :)

Oh, one more thing...did anyone pre-order Amy's new boxing, Rumble, one and if you're interested, she's making a new step workout (ASCIII) too?

Hiya! Back again from a pretty satisfying long run. I ended up going for the full 10 miles altho I was definitely feeling it the last mile:eek: It just feels so refreshing to run here... cant stop!!

Wendy- OOOOO how nice... inner thigh DOMS}( }( }( And a leg day today???:eek: :eek: :eek: Did you win any $$$ in AC? So what were these funny stories you promised??

Doreen- Please don't apologize for "intruding". We welcome and and all to cheetahville, whether for a visit or to stay we're GLAD to have you! Congrats on your successful training so far!! I'm not into training with HRMs myself but from what I understand on the long distance races you want to keep it at 60-85% of your MHR. Others who do this regularly may want to correct me... please feel free!! What's the 20k you're training for if I may ask?

Hi Dallas- Oh your poor burnt belly!;-) :p Careful with that core work! I broke my promise for no new workout toys or vids for a while and I preordered Amy's new workouts- ASC3 and Rumble at her website nrgfitness.com I think.

ShellyC

Good morning cheetahs

Gloria...enjoy your last week of school.

Cathy...I checked which Dexter show was on Showtime last night and they are showing the same ones I saw on CBS. I don't know if it is Season 1 or 2. So I might have to switch HBO for Showtime...:D...They have a lot of Dexter Flairs. Enjoy your TT workout.

Kath...the deer usually do a number on my roses each year! When they ran out of the back yard I went to the front and made sure they were not eating my roses. That is a cool story about the bird and the guys moving the nest to the new pole for her. So, what makes up your GIANT set of shoulder work?

Shelly...woo hoo on 2 weeks of vacation!! I bet your posh hotel will be very nice. So sorry they still got the results wrong...I would probably avoid races sponsored by that company in the future. You don't know how much I had wished I did have my camera for the deer yesterday..still very cool to watch...:)..Enjoy your 8-10 miles.

Christine...sounds like a tough workout yesterday! I don't remember which interval #3 is in Imax2? Way funny pic yesterday...:)..Sorry you will miss the Sante Fe food! I think this is only the beginning of air travel woes. I have to figure out what to do also as Travelocity changed the flight on me and it is no longer non-stop and I get in a LOT later to Chicago which is unacceptable!!

Wendy..sounds like you had fun in AC. Good job getting in the iTread right before coffee! I had some DOMS for the legwork in P90X L&B from friday. Love the DOMS.

Doreen...HI! I would keep my HR in the 3rd zone for most of the long training runs.

Dallas...I overslept too, but I wanted to! Core work should be fun with a sunburned tummy..:)..I did not preorder any of Amy's workouts. I was not happy with her customer service last time so I will order them from another site if I decide I want them. I enjoyed seeing the deer that close.

Wendi...sending {{{{HUGS}}}} about the job situation.

I am doing P90X C&B, abs and 40 min on my EXT. Then this afternoon I get a massage!!!

Have a great day...:)

Thanks for the advice everyone!
The 20K that I'm training for is called the Vestal XX, and it takes place on June 21 in Vestal, NY. This is the website in case anyone lives near here or is interested: http://triplecitiesrunnersclub.org/pdf/vestal_entry.pdf

It's a very hilly course so I'm told, so I've been trying to work the hills into my long runs. I'm planning on doing my last long run of 13 miles next Sunday, and then a shorter 8 miler or so the weekend before the race. I'm really excited about it!

I haven't done too much speed work, mostly just long runs on the weekends and some cardio coach/Itread workouts during the week. I hope that's enough preparation to get through it.

Doreen

Happy Monday Friends!

I've been the MIA Cheetah of the week I guess...Soo dang busy with too much on "the list" to post. I'm on my way out to a hair appointment before work so i'll try to get on and catch up/post personals during my lunch today. Speaking of lunch, me thinks Dalls asked why I had lunch so late and what time zone I was in...uh, I'm in the PST zone and I have lunch around 3pm PST because I work a version of "swing" shift. 11:30a to 8pm M-TH and days on Friday. Yup, that puts my lunch time around the supper time for most EST cheetahs...lol. Anyhoo, no more time gotta get out the door - just wanted to say HELLO!! :)

Be back later ....

POSH :7

Wendy – I replied. I tried to cancel the order, but it was being processed. Oh joy. I think an order should be able to be cancelled up until the time it actually ships. I’m going to write Beachbody a letter, too.

Doreen – Welcome! There are much more seasoned veterans to answer your question here, but, I wanted to say hello!

Dallas – oh, sorry you overslept! I always feel as if I’m playing catch-up when I do that. Amy’s weight workouts are interesting. I like them – especially APX Back work – I can always feel it after that workout. Oh, poor little guy. I hope he comes through this wonderfully and is healthy the rest of his life.

Shelly – I pre-ordered ASC3 and Rumble as well. I’m excited for them! Glad you got your nice long run in!

Carole – I guess for some reason, workouts on paper never look as tough. The TT workouts are tough. ITA about the air travel woes. We’re trying to find flights to North Carolina in August and everything is about $800 per person! Outrageous! Let me know how your flight changes go. If there is too much of a discrepancy and you cannot change it, I’m more than happy to meet you at the downtown EL Station (getting to the EL from the airport is easy – it’s IN the airport). We’ll grab a cab from there. We’ll see what happens.

Hey Thomasina – glad you could join us from you busy, posh, lifestyle!!

I really enjoyed Kenpo X. I did it with weighted gloves. Ouch! I’m going to feel it tomorrow. Well, if it’s too bad tomorrow can be a rest day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.