:::CHEETAHS::: IT'S MONDAY!!

gdixson

Cathlete
Good morning Cheetahs!

I never made it out for my run yesterday. I was really busy and then a friend stopped by unannounced, so we were chatting for a while. Oh well, I ran a lot last week. This morning will be a 6 mile run. I'll be back later!

Good morning, cheetahs! :)

Jackie ~ we never got the rain here, but it was dark and gloomy all weekend. Hope you were able to get those early zzz's last night.

Gloria ~ enjoy your run.

Monday's a rest day but I might opt for some yoga later.

Enjoy your day!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Cathy: We do our state testing in October and it shows us how we did with the previous grade's benchmarks. We also do computerized testing through NWEA. We do that at the beginning of the year, middle, and end. We start that this week. It takes out a lot of instructional time doesn't it? Enjoy your rest day. You kicked butt with your workout yesterday!

Good Monday Morning Girls :)

Plan this morning is a 4mile run outside. I hope to beat the rain
. I can head out early as that DD will be staying home from school today. They predict rain later this morning and looks like the rest of the week is the same. So I best take advantage while I can. I'll also do super sets for biceps and abs.

Sunny: How lucky for you to be able to plant flowers. Even though NY has had some warm weather--my part isn't ready for flowers yet. Maybe this rain will brighten things up more.

Carole: I'll be thinking of your friend and her mom. MY hair was always straight-- when I was working as a nurse I had it permed one year and loved the ease of it. But after having kids I decided to go with the straight look... and straight was all it would do till a few years ago. It has a curl in it now --so I can slap some gel in it and be curly or go straight--go figure. Maybe it's hormones huh? My old hairdresser cut my hair for over 10 years. Can we say RUT! One time she put this conditioning stuff in my hair--next time I went back I complained my hair was breaking and falling out. She told me I was doing it by wearing a ponytail--I stopped that and still had the same thing going on.Course at every visit to her--she was applying this conditioning stuff and cutting my hair in a fashion I so didn't like. BUt there I sat--till one morning I decided I had enough--- I asked at that visit what it was she was putting in my hair--she said it was a conditioner/straighter--HELLO did I ask for that!!?? That visit I asked her not to put the stuff in my hair and asked for a simple trimm. I never went back. That was 2 years ago. MY hair immediately stopped breaking after a month of not visiting her--I was so upset I didn't voice my opinion before the damage was done. Now my hair is healthy etc. I saw her the other day at the mall--I don't think she has a clue as to why I stopped going but I noticed her hair was bleached out blonde and dry--she claimed to use the very same condtioner on her hair---

Lorie: How are you liking the NROLW? What stage are you in? I'm tempted to try but I'm so into running right now.

Cathy: What a great cause--GIRLS ON RUN. DD tells stories about a few girls who sit at her lunch table and how they refuse to eat--talk about body image etc constantly---these girls need help.

Christine: WAY TO GO!!!!!! What a beautiful area. You are so lucky to have experience that. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I'd be carb loading with ya :)

Wendy: I havent tried CC. Is it worthit. And what a great way to have you try it again-- great donation.

Linda: *KNOCK* on wood I do not suffer from allergies-- I'm sorry you are.

Thomasina: Sounds like you were one busy girl. My retrievers ears need lots of cleaning. We know he is deaf --he is 14.

Jackie: Looks like my week may be filled with rain too.

ShellyC: Enjoy your time off.

Gloria: Have a great run this morning. Will it be outside?

Whew think that catches me up :) I'm going to head out soon so I miss the kids heading to school.

Good Monday morning Cheetahville!

I know how most of ya feel about Mondays but I just love 'em!!!! I had a list a mile long of things I wanted to do today (cleaning up the yard, finally potting those herbs, etc) but I'll have to take a "rain" check on that for today. I think I'll tackle all the indoors stuff like cleaning out old clothes and cleaning. Not fun but definitely neccessary.

I had a 8-9 mile run planned for today but I just won't be able to sneak that in between the raindrops so I think I've cooked up a good substitute. I'll start with Viper, then do BM2 finished combo section, then BM2 power circuits (combos and blasts only, no weights) then some kind of core. If I still have gas in the tank I'll do CM1, if not it'll be C&W abs (I *love* that one). That should equate to my scheduled run.

The horse show went well (enough) yesterday. Two of the horses were wonderful (and saintly :)) for the two clients that were first timers ever showing. The third was a royal jacka$$, as usual x(. We despise this horse!!! Why the owner wants to continue to waste money on this @#$&**% is beyond me...he will dog ya at every opportunity. We all hate him.

Okay, enough celf centered chit chat. I'm gonna go bang my workout out and then I'll be back to catch up on personals. Love ya, ladies! Have a great one!

Good morning cheetahs! Having a much more mellow nite at work:) but still looking forward to getting off in a few! I have a to-do list
the size of Texas:eek:

Jackie- LOL about the dogs packing their bones:p Actually, my biggest worry is how the "kids" will handle the move! What's the game plan for you today?

Gloria- Hope you get in a great run today! Weather warming up for you up in Michigan yet?

Cathy- Great workout for you yesterday!! I'd say you deserve the rest :)

Kath- You were a nurse??? Wise to get out of it while you still had your sanity.... mine left me long ago!;-) Hope the weather cooperates with you and you can get in your run.

Wendi- Holey Moley!! Your workout plan today makes me tremble!!!
I'd say that more then makes up for not getting in that 8 miler:eek:
Glad your show went well for the most part. I find it amusing how horses can have such different personalities just like people.

After my nap this morning I'll get in a good circuit... either AllBodyCardio or one of the HCEs... not sure what yet. Got a full day of cleaning, move prep, etc and I hope to get in 40 minutes on the EXT.

tata

ShellyC

Good morning cheetahs! Having a much more mellow nite at work:) but still looking forward to getting off in a few! I have a to-do list
the size of Texas:eek:

Jackie- LOL about the dogs packing their bones:p Actually, my biggest worry is how the "kids" will handle the move! What's the game plan for you today?

Gloria- Hope you get in a great run today! Weather warming up for you up in Michigan yet?

Cathy- Great workout for you yesterday!! I'd say you deserve the rest :)

Kath- You were a nurse??? Wise to get out of it while you still had your sanity.... mine left me long ago!;-) Hope the weather cooperates with you and you can get in your run.

Wendi- Holey Moley!! Your workout plan today makes me tremble!!!
I'd say that more then makes up for not getting in that 8 miler:eek:
Glad your show went well for the most part. I find it amusing how horses can have such different personalities just like people.

After my nap this morning I'll get in a good circuit... either AllBodyCardio or one of the HCEs... not sure what yet. Got a full day of cleaning, move prep, etc and I hope to get in 40 minutes on the EXT.

tata

ShellyC

Sorry for the double post.... this computer at work is very tempermental!!!x( x( x(

Good Morning Cheetahs.

It's Monday already??? Where the heck did the weekend go!?!? :eek: It was a fun but BUSY weekend! I feel like I barely got to chat with you ladies at all. That's so unlike me. :)

Yesterday afternoon we headed up to MIL's to pick up DS. Ofcourse we had dinner there. MIL wouldn't have it any other way. ;) My BFF met us at the house when we got home to hang out. We drank coffee and shot the breeze for about 2 hours. It was nice. As soon as she left I hit the bed. I was sooooo tired still. The run perked me up but not for long. :-(

I feel better this morning so far. I hope it lasts.

I have calf DOMS from my date with Joey the other day. ;) Today's work out is either BBC f/b or Mint Condition. We'll see what I'm in the mood for later.

I have to work today. That's odd for me on a Monday but a few of us switched shifts this week due to our schedules w/other things.

I guess that's all for now. I don't really have enough time to catch up on personals at the moment so I'll save it for this afternoon.

Have a great morning and I'll be back later!:7

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...Lance is one amazing athlete. That would be cool if you ran Chicago for Livestrong! It sure does seem like the Big C is everywhere...it can be truly devastating..Thanks for you thoughts on my friends Mom. Good job on the 5 miles and CST yesterday...enjoy your rest day today.

Lorie...I have an older pulley system that works pretty good, but I sure think the Walmart bench we both have was one great investment..:)

Gloria...thanks so much for the hummus recipe!! I was a party animal too in my younger days...not so much now...Sounds like a nice dinner last night...:)...Enjoy your 6 miles today.

Kath...I hope you beat the rain for your run. WOW, what a hairdresser story! I am sure you are better off without her. I am a manicurist and have worked with hairdressers for about 20 years!! After having my hair fried a few times I finally have a great hairdresser now...besides being a good friend. She would never just put something on my hair without telling me or explaining why..

Wendi....sounds like quite a workout planned today!! Glad the show went fairly good despite the one jacka$$...that must drive you nuts.

Shelly...WOW, a whole Month off work...you deserve a nice break like that. Think of all the hard workouts you can get in...:D...I am slowly trying to up the mileage..Sounds like a busy day for you. Have fun with your circuit and EXT.

Wendy...I agree, the weekend went by fast. Enjoy your BBC Or Mint Condition workout...

Linda...I know the feeling with allergies...sorry the Zyrtec makes you feel sluggish, it does not do that to me thankfully. It sure has not been a good few weeks for friends Mom's for me! Thanks for your thoughts. Sounds like you got in some good TM runs over the weekend.

Christine...Sounds and looks like you and DH had a blast in Big Sur. Congrats on the run!!..thanks for the pictures, they are great. BTW we do carbo load the same after a run...:D..the sunset is beautiful...

Jackie...thank you for your prayers for my friends Mom. The run was good, just a slight hip pain the last mile.

Judy..you are so right as tragedy does come in clusters. Thanks for your thoughts for my friends Mom..

Last night we went to my church friends Mom's house (Betty) to take her some dinner as she is recovering from her hospital visit. With just her DH and son to cook (both really do not cook) my sister and I decided we should take some real food over there!! We had a nice evening with them and Betty seems to be doing well. She is such a sweet caring lady...

Today will be 4DS shoulders, abs, leg curls & exts and 40 min on my EXT. I am getting a massage later this afternoon and can hardly wait!!

Have a great day...:)

I'm back :) Happy to report I beat the rain. Was able to get 4miles in --did the trail twice and went around the school track x4. I did biceps as well.

I was able to get my workout done so early--I like this. The rain has started and the temps dropped. Decided after my shower to head to Dunkin for a coffee and a smoothie for DD. :9 I guess she woke while I was out running... left her instructions for pills etc. She scribbled that she had to take a pain pill--poor kid. She is still sleeping. I may have to contact her teachers as that Tuesday she is suppose to present a mock interview and Wednesday they travel to a local college for interviews with several businesses..it's to prepare them for job interviews in the future. I don't know if she will be up to that.

Carole: You are a wonderful caring person. How sweet of you to do that for someone. Thanks also for posting some stretches on another post. Think someone asked about running and stretches. I have added them into my pre and post run stretches--has made a huge difference :)

I'm sure I'll be around today--off to flop loads of laundry and enjoy my coffee fix :)

Hello again ladies!

I'm psyched to report that my leetle workout-a-thon is finished and it was soooo much fun }(!!! What a great sweatfest! Here's what I ended up doing (on a 8" step I might add lol)...

Viper
3 min disc change and restroom break
BM2 finished combos (no breakdown) twice
BM2 Power Circuits (no weights)
CM1

Oh, and, for the first time ever....*drum roll please*....I was able to do ALL of the levitation holds!!!! The last time I did CM (about 9 months ago) I could *barely* manage one lol! It's amazing what 10 hours sleep can do, huh?

This did take longer than expected so I don't have time for personals just now. I need to get cleaned up and out the door to meet DSO for lunch, then stop for an oil change and then I should have a pocket of time to chat.

I'll see you all in a few hours. TTFN!

Good morning beautiful Cheetahs!

Gloria - Hope you had a good 6 mile run.

Cathy - I was able to get in bed earlier but was still awake at 3:30. x( Enjoy your rest day and yoga if you decide on it.

Kath - Glad you got out for that run before the rain. Sun is shining today but the temps are expected to drop.

Wendi - Enjoy your Monday and cleaning. Sorry the rain is interfering with your run. Does sound like you have a good substitute all planned. Guess 2 out of 3 ain't bad with the horses. Sorry for the PIA one.

Shelly - Glad the night was easy. Hope you can get a lot done on that to do list. You will have to keep some snacks available for the kids when you move. At least they can't ask you "are we there yet" even though they will be thinking it. :) Enjoy your workout.

Wendy - Glad you're a little more spunky this morning.

Carole - It was nice of you and DS to take food to your friend's mom. You don't realize how much that means until you're in the same situation. Hope the hip is ok today. Enjoy your workout and massage. I called about all the massages I have and was told I could book a 2 hour one to use them up. That really made me happy because the hour goes by so fast.

Christine - How are the legs today?

Today's workout was 4DS LIS cardio and HIS chest and back. Added in a few pull ups.

Gotta get to work now. Enjoy your day!

Jackie

hi, there! better late than never, right?

FIRST, i need to say, "CONGRATS TO CHRISTINE!!! THAT WAS AN AWESOME RUN!!!" love the photos!!!

wendy-i have all the cc's and really like them. i usually make mish moshes of different ones. they arereally different from grace, but still good. that said, i didn't like them at first, really. sean has charts and explanations on his website that talk about how you should feel at each stage and what your HR should be (mine is NEVER where it's supposed to be!). i have the charts in my workout room on the wall.

linda-of course i decided to do cardio. i did 60 minutes of steady state on the EXT and yoga later in the evening.

shelly-i haven't been doing as much running. i did CCPP on saturday and ran 8.3 miles. i tried to go heavy on the hills. i was JUST thinking that maybe incorporating HIIT into the NROLW w/o's will give me my cardio fix on "non cardio days." glad your night was on the light side.

jackie-yep! had my date with eoinn. i LOVE him! i now have all his dvd's.

gloria-thanks for getting us started!!!

wt-go for some eoinn tonight!!!

kath-i am really liking NROLW. i do agree with you about keeping up with running, but i am just running on the "non-cardio days" even though he says not to. i can't give up my cardio!!!

wendi-sounds like you had quite the workout despite not being able to run. sorry about the bad horse. maybe he needs to see the pet psychic. ;-)

carole-i *heart* my bench/squat rack!!! enjoy that massage! i'm jealous.

today is workout 4 from NROLW. i may do a tiny bit (yeah, right) of cardio just as a warm up. i am going to try to fit in some eoinn again.

Good Morning Cheetahs!

I’m enjoying a foggy morning on the deck of our room watching the ocean one last time. I’m feeling pretty good from yesterday’s run. A few aches and pains, but nothing that would keep me from a lighter workout – except, well, I have nothing with me here and this hotel does not have an exercise room, which is fine. We hung out at the Jacuzzi after the race yesterday, then went to dinner and a nice place in Monterrey. We go back today. It will be nice to get back into routine. I’m looking forward to seeing DD15 and the dogs. Thanks again, everyone, for the well wishes. It was a great race. I think the best I’ve had yet from the sheer enjoyment perspective.

Jackie – Hope you slept better last night! How’s the rain? Still coming down? Rain makes me sleepy. Thanks for the kudos on the race. We did have a great time yesterday. The legs are actually pretty good. A little sore here and there, but nothing too bad. I’m kind of amazed for not really training for this.

Judy – that sunset photo was from the balcony of our hotel room. I wish that was my backyard, but alas, I could not afford a view like that! :p Sounds like you did a great job with the CCPP! I love that one.

Cathy – Hope you enjoyed your rest day! Those days of fogginess after a little over indulgence are never fun, though. Did you have a nice marathon nap? :p It’s not terrible – you are listening to your body! I’m a fan of Lance, too, and his story is certainly inspirational. What he’s accomplished is amazing. Good job on your run yesterday!

Sunny - I LOVE Newport. It’s probably my favorite of Anthony’s. But I have to eat well and be rested before I do it or I cannot finish it. It’s tough. But I’m sure you’ll enjoy it!

Carole – I’ll definitely keep you friend and her mom in my prayers. I remember losing my mom to cancer – it’s so tough. I wish you were here, too! The weather was incredible! I know you know how iffy that can be around here. B2B is a blast, too, and much easier to figure our logistics for everyone, etc. But, we’ll do this one, too, so anyone who wants to join us can. :p I think carbo loading after a race in such a manner is wonderful! :p

Wendy - I LOVE IHOP! I don’t go there too often because I love them a little too much! :p Sounds like you had a good time with your friends and DH Saturday night. I love those nights.

Lorie – I met w couples from Atlanta who ran the marathon. I thought of you! Did you have fun with Eoin? How’s the coach coming along? :p

Gloria – Sorry to hear you were hurting on Sat! Must have been one heck of a Friday. :p Hope the fire is more under control! This marathon is considered one of the most beautiful in the world. It really is stunning. It’s also pretty tough! Very hilly. Even the 10.6 miler had a lot of hills, but it was nice. I can get you full instructions but my battery is low right now. Give me a bit and I’ll let you know what to copy and paste. Enjoy your run today!

Linda – Thanks! I enjoyed the run immensely. Sorry to hear you allergies are killing you! We use Clarinex and it works well. I haven’t tried Zyrtec. I hate that sluggish feeling, though. Hope your daughter is doing well. It’s so tough for a mom to stand back and keep her mouth shut. {{{HUGS}}}

Thomasina – Good to hear from you. It was a fun run. Spaghetti sounds wonderful, maybe I’ll make that tonight when I get home! Thanks.

Shelly – Sounds like things are coming along! One more night of work before a month off. That has to feel odd! Yes, the Big Sur run is probably the prettiest in the country. It’s absolutely stunning. We did spend some time looking at the different views. Just beautiful. Hope your list gets pared down a lot today! I’m thinking of you and your move!

Kath – Enjoy your run and your Bicep/Abs workout! Hope DD is feeling better! I am lucky to live close to this. We occasionally drive down for the day (it’s only about a 90 minute drive). It’s so relaxing.

Wendi – I’m enjoying this Monday! I have off! Sounds like you have a great workout planned today! OUCH! Glad the horse show went well. Sorry about the third horse that was more of a mule than a horse.

Oh, I forgot to tell y’all – during the run, we ran past Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward! DH and I say a few words to all of the people watching the race, and these two were no exception, but we did not realize who they were until after we passed and someone beside us said, “Oh my GOD! That was Paul Newman!” There were just sitting outside watching the runners. Too funny. Well, it’s back home today. We’ll probably take our time and meander our way up the coast with a lunch stop here, and another stop there… Sad to see our great weekend end, but it will be nice to get home to the kids (fur and non-fur).

Lorie - we were posting at the same time. Thanks for the congrats! Enjoy NROLW and Eoin. I adore him, too. Do you think he's as calm and relaxed in person? I really enjoy him during practice, but I often wonder if I would like him as much in person or if he would drive me batty. :p

Well, my official results:

2:16:28 (close to what I had)
Overall placement: 278 our ot 1177
Women: 190 out of 896
So, not too shabby - but did you notice that out of the 1177, 896 were women? There's a lot of us out there running and walking our little hearts out. I LOVE it!

We watched the medal get awarded in the 5k 90 and up category - the man is 95 yo, did the 5k in an hour and 20 minutes. Walks a little slowly, but he did it! I loved that the guy awarding the medals called this gentleman his hero. What a great thing. Anyway, I'm going to get back to DH and the view. Enjoy yourself all!

LOL, christine! i think the SAME thing! i LOVE him on the dvd's but wonder if i would hate to be his friend. did you know his girlfriend (or as he says, "love of his life and life partner") is the indian girl that does all the hard stuff in his videos. her name is insiya rasiwala.

Hey Peeps!

No time for personals right now. I just finished BBC full body and I gotta jump right in the shower cause as soon as DH gets home I'm out the door to go food shopping so I don't hafta have DS in tow.

BBL though!:)

Okay, DH called b/4, stuck in traffic. I am going to have to take DS shopping with me so I'm not rushing to get out of here anymore. DS is sitting on the potty watching Charlie Brown so I'll take the time to catch up on some personals before heading out to the store....

Lorie: Yeah, DH and I can get a bit carried away with GH. LOL :p So it seems you are enjoying NROL. I had just about decided to shelve it until after STS but I'm considering it once again....I can never make up my mind, I swear! LOL Right now I'm doing BBC and really enjoying it so perhaps I'll do it for a month and then give NROL a try. Even if I don't think I'll complete the rotation, I have to admit curiousity is killing the cat. :p

Gloria: I was partying along with you on saturday night when I went out for my friend's b'day dinner and some drinks. I didn't have a hang over from it but boy was I tired! I am not 20-something anymore. I have no idea what makes me think I can act like it and still function the next day! LOL

Christine: Great race! DH looks like he's having a blast. What distance was it? How was that jucuzzi swim afterwards? }(

Linda: I JUST got CC 4,5 and 6 and only did 4 and you are ALREADY trying to enable me to buy 7? Jeesh! LOL That's okay, someone in O/F is enabling me to pick up press play too. :7 I also have vol 2 I think. I got it for free from a Catheite a long time ago. Coach Sean gave her a download to give to a friend to try. I wasn't fond of it back then which is why I never got anymore but perhaps I'll give it another shot.

Shelly: WOW, only a few more days of work and then a month off to prepare for the move! Did you find a house in PA yet? Will you be in the area for the George Sheehan classic?

Judy: Yes, the side affects of caffeine addict can be brutal for sure!x( How was your work out today?

Cathy: Ooh ooh, you must tell us what BF is having when she finds out! Does she have any preference at all??

Jackie: I may never get into the CC's the way I love the ITreads but it will be a nice change of pace for me.

Kath: I donated $25.00 (but only HAD to donate $20.00) and got 3 work outs for that money. I'd say it's worth it. Even if you don't like the work outs you still gave to a good cause. The offer ends soon though so make up your mind if you are considering it!:)

Wendi: You did one heck of a work out today girl! Nice job! Sorry you couldn't run but I don't think your body knew the difference! }(

Carole: That was so nice of you and your sis to bring food over to Betty's house. I'm sure she appreciated it so very much. :)

Alrighty, my time is up...

BBL!

I'm home from school. We have staff meetings every Monday, so I am usually home a little later than usual. I will relax a bit and then write out plans for tomorrow.

Cathy: Yeah, we do a lot of testing in our district. We do use the data to drive our instruction. We have found that we score better on the state test than other districts in our area with the same demographics. This week we got printouts (graphs) of our last year's student's scores in all core areas and they were compared to our district and also the state scores. My students did really well, so I am happy! :) Sometimes it feels like military school with all the meetings and strict schedule, but I truly love my job. The kids were all riled up this morning because of the fire and missing our field trip. We have rescheduled though. :)

Kath: I work out too early to run outside during the week. It's still to dark out. I will be out soon though. There are some nice trails around here.

Wendi: Killer work out lady! I am a person who does not like Monday. Tuesday, and of course Friday are my favorite days of the week.

Shelly: The weather was nice last week, but being a Michigander, know that it changes at the drop of a hat. It was cold and 46 today. x( I wish I had an elliptical, such good cross training! My house is just too small since I already have a treadmill, steps, ball, weight bench, etc. My DH has a lot of hobbies too that require a lot of stuff! Oh well. When are you moving?

Wendy: Wow, busy day for you. Nice that you still fit in a workout. Sometimes I get in panic mode about getting school stuff done, so I will bag my workout. It makes me mad, but got to be ready for those little ones every morning.

Carole: That was very sweet of you to make food for your friend. We do stuff like that at school a lot for families and staff. The dinner was good. I made sure and only had a small portion. :9 I hope you like the hummus recipe. I got it from the book Eat Right to Train Right.

Jackie: Thanks, the run went well. Monday is usually tough for me. What do you do for a living?

Christine: What an ideal place to run! I am fully recovered from the party aftermath. :) The fire is 100% contained. The fire was right next to a gas station that just filled its tanks. That would have been devastating. Only 6 homes were damaged. It sounds like you are truly enjoying your mini vacation. Good for you!

Lorie: I have not been good about the yoga lately and I can feel it. I will have to put that on the list for this week.

I'm tired. My run went well this morning. Not sure what I will do tomorrow, probably cross train. I don't like to say what I am going to do the night before because I always change my mind when I get up. I have never followed a rotation due to this and my busy schedule. Hope you all have a fantastic evening!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.