CHEETAHS...it's almost FRIDAY!!!

Good morning, Lorie, and all of the fab cheetahs who follow! http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_happy-038.gif

I took care of most personals last night as I was one of the last to post, but here are the rest:

Wendy :: I like doing my own mish-moshes, too…IA, it’s all about keepin’ it fresh…That is why, with my current rotation, I am keeping the cardio options open…It’s nice to have structure but to not have every single detail planned…that way, I can go with how I feel on any particular day…I also have Classical Stretch on my someday shopping list.

Linda :: I didn’t use the BOSU for the leg presses this time…just for the ab work…good idea for next time, though...Great w/outs!

Thomasina :: I’m still into the old school VH…love your attitude about age improving us! How was your w/out last night?

Tonight will be cardio of choice (possibly “Bosu Blast” with Seasun Zieger) + KM leg drills and some wall squats.

Have a great day, everyone! BBL...
[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]
[font face="comic sans ms"]http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_sunshine.gif

Good Morning:)

I noticed that Cathy had started another thread so I was just sitting here waiting for her to start this one...and she never! LOL Bot Lorie did:)

Whats on everyones agenda today? DS is up really early so I will probably get a A.M workout in instead of an afternoon one...I think. Todays workout will be cardio and the rest of the GS Ub's.

Hope everyone as a good day! Ill be back later!!!

Lori:)

Greetings YaYa Cheetah Sisters

What are we all up to today? I have my Rocky kitty sitting between the monitor and the keyboard. He has been keeping nearby lately.

Susan- I have been thinking of you and your friend Mary. How is she this week? And how is your family feeling about the holiday without your Mom? it took me a long time to be at my Mom's house and not expect her to come around the corner. My Dad still lives there after 19 years as a widower.

Shelly- where have you been on those days off?

Today will be an easy 5-6 mile run and pilates class.

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Good Morning Cheetahs –

I was originally going to do HSC as I have not done that one yet *gasps* but in previewing it, I realized that it's way too high impact for right now, AND I'm way too sore in the glutes to do weights today (I cringed at the squats), so I'll do KBX - and keep it low impact. DH is going out to watch the game tonight – SuperBowl 2 I guess it’s being dubbed (Packers vs the Cowboys). I’m not sure if I’m going to go or not. We’ll see. I’m kind of partied out. And my glutes are STILL sore from B&G! But today is sore in a good way.

Carole – We’ll see if DH follows up on his suggestion to do B&G. He might – he’s been weird lately. I think an alien replaced him. :+ Good – I finally enabled YOU with an Amy workout instead of the other way around :p. I’m looking forward to that one.

Shelly – I hope you’re just about off work and getting ready to enjoy 8 days off! That’s a nice stretch! I love cross stitch, so I know what you mean about knitting, but it is kind of funny to think of our Super Cheetah sitting on a rocker, knitting. :p Enjoy your time to do it! Amy’s new one does sound like fun, doesn’t it? And so different from anything out there.

Sunny – your run is on Saturday or Sunday?

Jackie – I know – I’m excited about having two barbells! If I’m going to do Slo Mo (or any of Amy’s workouts, actually), I need to have a barbell that changes out quickly, or I’ll be at it all day! Now I want a BOSU and the Hi/Lo Dome. It never ends, does it?

Susan – Great job on the Christmas shopping! I’m going to try to get some done today over lunch. I’m with you on the out of control eating – and I’m switching to a more endurance based routine as well – especially with Christmas and countless Christmas parties around the corner! What’s funny is that I never get DOMS from GS – but L&G, B&G and P90X legs KILL me!

Lorie – Too bad you can’t go to Vegas – but I so understand. And it would probably be a downer anyway. We do need to plan a GTG.

Wendy – B&G got me good, too! I think the purple band did get you good! Great workout yesterday! I don’t blame you for cancelling training. I’m good with portion control at home, too – but restaurants or someone else’s cooking (even DH’s) and nope… Glad I’m not the only one!

Thomasina - The waiting for your reward I understand – I’m so into instant gratification. Maybe I should try that! :p I’m impressed that you’re losing weight at this time of the year! I like Van Halen, too – as well as some of the others from that era.

Lori – I love scrambled eggs – did you have fun?

Cathy – I keep that silly putty hammer at the ready – one never knows when DH will find the a$$hole pills again. :p But he has been good lately. You’re making me want a BOSU!!!

Linda – I’ll give you a shout when I see you on Amy’s board. I use the same screen name on all fitness forums – it’s just easier (my old brain can remember it!). I don’t know what that man did with DH – I hope he stays around though! :p Some nice runs there!

Judy – How’s your other kitty, the stray, doing? Have you been able to get him to the vet? Enjoy your run and pilates class!

Good morning Cheetahville!

Well, considering the fact that I spent all day riding outside yesterday I woke up feeling pretty darn good this morning...YAY!!! I think the bug is out the door now. I didn't push too hard though this morning and opted for BC/ME Bonus Combo, figuring that the few short cardio segments would be fine. I was so thrilled to find that I neeeded to increase my weight on most of the exercises since I did this one last...thank you 4DS :D!

Christine - Too funny about Jimmy getting blasted by the sprinklers...poor baby! I'd say take full advantage of your new and improved DH }( :+ :7! Glad to hear you enjoyed dinner with your friends. It's a shame there aren't more people like you and DH, willing to go out of their way to make someone else's day a bit brighter.

Carole - Sending {{{HUGS}}}}} to your sister on her loss.

Shelly - Ooh, a nice 8 day vacay...enjoy!!!! You certainly deserve it! Next to Cathe, my job is a leisurely walk in the park.

Sunny - HI! It sounds like you've been busy!

Jackie - Yeah, it sounds like your UB definitely deserved a break after that!

Susan - My job *used* to be a workout for me, I'd actually get somewhat fatigued after riding only 4 or 5. However, since I started working out with Cathe, it now *barely* gets my heart rate up to 90 bpm. Riding, especially jumping, is, for the most part, a fantastic total body workout. I have to chuckle at people who think they are in good shape and then get on a horse for the first time and find it works muscles that they never knew they had. Oh, the boy scouts got you too!?! My caramel corn arrived last night. I bought it because I don't like popcorn (imagine that, right?), figuring I'd be safe and give it to my mother or SO. Well, I had a bite last night and it is to die for! Needless to say it's well out of reach right now!

Lorie - So, was the training a complete snooze-fest? Glad you got Imax 2 in yesterday. I was actually a bit jealous that I couldn't do that one "with" you yesterday. What little bit of stuff I had in my chest appears to be gone...but I'm not going to push until I *know* it's gone. I've had walking pneumonia and I'm not about to have a repeat performance.

Judy - How nice that you were able to have lunch with your inlaw yesterday. Great workout!

Wendy - How are those DOMS today? I may have to steal your workout from yesterday sometime...that looks like fun! Sunny may be onto something with the YMCA idea?

Thomasina - It sounds like you had a great time at the concert! It's nice to know VH can still deliver. Re: horse laundry...I usually have at least one load of laundry a day that I have to bring home from the barn to wash. Just stuff like saddle pads, towels, wraps, bandages, sometimes clothing (blankets and sheets). So, did you get B&G in last night?

Lori - Great workout yesterday! I'm not sure I could eat moose...I think they're too cute lol.

Cathy - You are really stepping up with your workouts...WTG!!! So, did you ever find any info out on that BOE meeting? I hope that whatever came out of it is positive.

Linda - Great workouts lately!!!

I think that catches me up for now. I have another long riding day and then bowling tonight so I'm not sure if I'll make it back here tonight. If not, I hope everyone has a wonderful day and hasta manana!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I agree, putting dogs down is tough. But watching what they go through as they age can be heartbreaking. Bosu Blast sounds tough!...Enjoy your workout later.

Lori..good job with GS chest and tri timesaver yesterday. My workouts have been nice lately, easy as I don't want to overworkout before the half marathon. Have fun with cardio and more GS upper.

Christine...oh yes...the GAME tonight. I am hoping to get all my packing done so I can relax and enjoy it! I like both teams. B&G does get to those glutes. The Amy workout does sound great. Thanks for enabling...:)..Enjoy your circuit today.

Wendi...So glad to hear you are feeling better. Good job with the BC/ME premix. Thank you for the hugs for my sister...:)

Shelly...I did print out the PDF file, you are right it does sound well organized. I am sure having friday and saturday off my body will be very recovered for the half! Hope you had a nice 4 mile run and stretch. I emailed you my cell, did you email me yours?

Jackie...4DS can cause some DOMS...I imagine your upper body will be thankful with the rest today!

Susan...no, I have not tried the chocolate popcorn...yes, I have rolled all the areas. I have found though that ITB issues in the hip (outer thigh) area are not very common but that is where my pain is. It really does not bother me until I run.

Lorie...good job with Imax 2 and C&W yesterday.

Judy..sounds like a nice lunch at PF Changs. Enjoy your run and Pilates.

Wendy..sorry you had to cancel training. It can be a bit weird about the dogs you put down. I almost always had dreams after, that they were still alive.

Tomasina...that is cool about Van Halen. I have always liked their music. Thanks for the hugs for my sister. Anyone that has had to put a dog down knows just how it feels and your heart does feel better in time. I have the Tofurky itself for T-Day and X-mas. I think I got the deli slices for my DH once. He actually prefers a soy hot dog. Were you able to get in your B&G and cardio workout?

Linda...thanks re my running gear. I do hope it is comfy! I do feel my sister is better, it is just a hard thing. I have had quite a few dogs in my life and now with only one little one, there are days that I do miss having my big dogs. They were very fun and always know how to make you smile...

Today will be abs and a 3 mile run. Try to get in some packing too. I have a long work day...yuk...but football tonight!!

Have a great day...:)

Good Morning Girls!

YEOWCH, my legs...especially the calves...are still hurtin' pretty badly. Do y'all think a run will help or make it worse? I know it usually helps to ease the onset of DOMS when done the same day after a fierce leg work out. That being said, I wanted to hit the TM today. What do y'all think? Yay or nay? TIA!

Off to make myself some breakfast! I'll be back in a jiff with personals!:)

Lorie: Partay on, girlfriend! LOL

Cathy: It is very hard for me to follow any rotation to a T so when I create them I usually leave something "open" so that my mood can determine what I will do on that day. I hope y'day's sub followed your instructions.

Lori: Cathy starts the thread alot but at times she will sit back and wait to let someone else start it so if you don't see it, don't be afraid to start it! Hope you get your intended work out completed today.

Judy: My grandmother died in the mid 80's. My grandfather died about 10 years later. He never once thought of leaving the house he spent so many happy years in with my grandma. In fact, that house is the house he grew up in! He moved out for a short time and then moved back so my mom was born and raised in the same house as her dad! How cool is that!?

Christine: Enjoy KBX and the football game if you decide to go.

Wendi: WOW, I haven't done BC/ME in ages!!!! I'll have to put it on my list of work outs to do after I finish the X!}( The DOMS is still ragin'! OH MY! LOL Good job on the weight increases!

Carole: I watched my dog suffer for a day or 2 before he was put down. He was diagnosed with congenital heart failure a few years prior but lived a happy life on medication for some time. When it was finally his "time", it was obvious. He totally changed and was absolutely miserable. I had to call out of work at the last minute that morning to take him to the vet. I had to pick him up to get him in my car. It was heartbreaking for sure. I am about to cry just thinking about it. It was awful to have to have him put down but far worse to watch him suffer like that. The vet said if I hadn't brought him in that day that I surely would have found him dead when I got home after work. I am soooo glad I decided to take him to the vet. I couldn't leave him alone in that condition.

good afternoon ladies,

lorie- thanks for getting us started this morning.

lori- feel free to start this thread any time!

cathy- you are really putting your bosu to good use! let me know what you think of the bosu blast workout.

carole- i have your sister in my prayers. oh boy, your half is coming up!! are we racing the same day? mine is on saturday.

christine- my race is on saturday...i am biting off my nails:eek:

wendy- go for it!!

wendi- yep, i pretty much stay busy..(which is good). enjoy bowling tonight!

judy- how are the pilates classes going? what about mr. buff body, lol. love that name!

today will be a rest day as i am extremely tied down with work:( . i am hoping to get in a stretch tonight when i get home.

Good morning cheetahs,
Today is a good day because it is my friend Mary's LAST day of radiation. She has been in so much pain the last couple of days. She has 3rd degree burns on her breast all the way up to her neck from the amount of radiation they have had to give her. But, today is the last day of that. She still has to go in every other week for chemo until August, but the worst part of the treatment is almost over. They will not know if it was completely succesful until they do a pet scan in Septemtber. I am just so happy to know that my dear friend won't be going through all of this anymore. She has shown so much strength and courage through all of this. This experience has really made me want to live my life differently. I need to focus on things that are TRULY important and stop sweating some of the small stuff. I will have many New Years resolution.

Anyway, I wanted to share that with you since so many of you have asked about her, thanks for that:)

Cathy, you are really enjoying that bosu ball. I do not have one, but I may have to look into it if you guys don't stop talking about it;-) Enjoy those leg drill, ouch!

Lori, what cardio did you decide to do?

Judy, I am actually dreading going home this year for xmas. Christmas was my mom's favorite time of year. SHe loved to bake and decorate and she always had her Barry Manilow and Josh Grobin Christmas cd' playing. It will be hard being there without her. My dad is doing very well. He has such a full life. He has many friends and belongs to many clubs and has all his pets to keep him company. He is bit lost though as far as knowing what to do as far as preperation for the holiday. I worry more about my girls seeing mommy cry at christmas. They really get upset when they see me upset. We will get through it though and it will still be special time with my dad and family.

Christine, I am starting the day healthy and I will stay on track with my food intake;-) It does not help that our Rudolph candy bowl is full of peanut m&m's}( HSC does have quite a bit of high impact. The segments are very short though. I actually really like that workout a lot. Enjoy your KBX. There are many ways to modify the impact in that one:)

Wendi, Yes, I had to put my popcorn away last night as well. It is too much of a trigger food for me. Oh shoot, everything is a trigger food for me}( I rode a horse once and I was terrified. I tried to control it too much and did not trust it. I could not wait to get off and I remember my inner thighs being sore. Have fun bowling tonight!

Carole, have you tried the ITB band. That thing actually works pretty well as long as you postion it right. Even though you feel the pain in the outer thigh the problem usually stems from the lateral epicondyl area, which is right above the knee. You probably already know all this and are rolling your eyes at me}( I just learned so much about it when I had for 3 months. When are you leaving for your trip?

Wendy, You go girl and get on that treadmill. Hopefully that will work the soreness out of your legs and butt
;-)

Well ladies, I am off to the elliptical for 40 minutes and then some ab work.

Cheers!

susan

Hello my cheetah friends! Work was so busy yesterday so I didn't get a chance to come visit. I did get in a 1.79 mile hill run. I was hoping for at least 3 but the legs weren't having it. Oh well. Not every run is a perfect run. Live and learn. Today will be weights of some kind. I've noticed my UB and LB need different workouts. My UB needs strength while my LB needs endurance.

Cathy - I decided to stop BFL and go back to counting & zigzagging calories. At least if I count calories I can fit in my Dr. Pepper addiction. :) :)

Christine - Jimmy has really grown! What a cutie!

Sorry this is all I have time for. I'm off to lunch, but I hope to BBL to catch up with everyone. Waves to all my cheetah girls!

Take care!

Top o’ the mornin’ ladies!

Taking a quick break – we’re busy today! I’ll have to get to personals later during lunch break….

Well, I got in a B&G premix }( last night before DH went to bed (my gear is in the bedroom) but the cardio on the treadmill went out the window when my kids had friends over to watch a movie….the treadmill can be loud whilst watching the tele so the volume on the television has to be turned up AND since DH went to bed…well you get the idea. This is all reasons why I absolutely can not wait to get all moved into my “garage”! DH gave me a list of the remaining stuff he needs from the hardware store so we can get my room all wrapped up over the weekend!! YAY!! Can anyone tell I’m totally excited about this and can’t shut up about it? LOL

Anyhoo, since we’ll all be watching DA BOYS take on the Packers tonight, I’ll get in a nice 45 – 60 minute run on the dreadmill and it won’t matter if the tv is super loud.

Yikes, gotta get back to the trenches………

Toodles for now,

Thomasina

GO COWBOYS!!!:7

Hiya cheetahs! Wasn't able to get in a post this morning at work but no matter.... off for a nice long stretch now:7 :7 :7

Cathy- Nice leg blasting routine you've got cooked up for yourself today! I actually got in a good amount of studying the last couple of nights for my Health/Fitness Instructor cert. I'm planning on prepping for several months and attending a workshop before testing. This certification goes well beyond a basic PT cert.

Lori- How is your DS today? Cute name for him..... sounds distinguished... good name for a lawyer! ;-) So what was the cardio of choice today?

Judy- My days off stretch starts as of now!!!!:7 :7 :7 I'll be leaving for Vegas tomorrow:7 :7 :7 :D :D :D Have a great run and Pilates workout! Does your kitty try to paw at the mouse icon like mine do?

Christine- Eee gads, you havent had the pleasure of HSC yet? It is really fast moving and tons of fun, but not the workout you want to explore while experiencing DOMS! Wise workout choice today. I actually enjoy knitting alot. It really suits my overactive fidgety personality and allows me to rest without really resting.... if you get what I mean!

Wendi- wooohoooo, nasty bug is history!!! Great workout today and congratulations on upping those weights. I love the feeling when I do an older workout and find I can lift heavier.

Carole- I did e-mail you my phone number a few days ago.... guess it got lost so I'll send you another one. I definitely have yours.
I'll be packing also tonight. Sorry you have to endure a long work day but you can enjoy football tonight and then LAS VEGAS BABY
:7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 The weather for the race looks cool but not too cold... rather nice. Low 40ish, high 60. It may rain a bit Fri nite but that's it.

Wendy- How'd the TM run go? You tiger you!!! I am way impressed you're going for the run today. You're endurance is getting truly impressive and I have no doubt you'll be up for a marathon next year!
I don't know why I never tried the glutamine. I think I tried a few and then it got shuffled to the back of the supplement shelf;-)and I forgot about it.

Sunny- I hope you enjoy a very well earned rest day! A good stretch will feel good for you tonight!

Susan - Hi there shopping queen! I am so happy for your friend Mary that her radiation ordeal is history now!!! Poor thing, that takes alot of fortitude and she is so lucky to have you for support.
Am I doing anything special on my stretch off? You mean besides travelling to Vegas and running in a marathon ..... silly girl! ;-)

Kristi- I tend to focus on endurance workouts for the lower body more myself. Women tend to be pretty naturally strong there anyway.
Hope your work day goes smoothly for ya.

Thomasina- Hola Chica! Que?? "tigres con los spots"???? No sabe la palabra por cheetah? Esta Bien, no se tampoco!
Yes, I speak a pretty fair amount of Spanish having lived on the Texas border for a few years where 75% of my patients spoke little or no English. Hope you get in a fun TM run today. I meant to ask you before... what was your favorite of the RnR races? Not necessarily the one you did best on... which was the most fun!?
So , going for the Flying Pig next year? I thought you were keeping the race distances short? Anyway, that's a great race to shoot for!

Jackie- Thanks for asking about my kids (aka- my dogs) They are all doing well. I love coming home in the morning and having them run to the gate full of joy to see me.... makes whatever bad happened that night disappear! Hows the UB DOMS today?

Lorie- Hey party girl!! Fantastic job on IMAX AND C&W cardio yesterday!!! Very impressive! What was the workout today?

Linda- Awesome runs for you lately!!! Are you planning on a HM soon? I seem to recall you talking about it, but maybe I'm confusing you with anothe cheetah!

Whew... I think that about catches me up. For today it'll be YogaX
and packing for LV!!!!

ShellyC

Good Afternoon my fine Cheetah Friends!:)

I wore my Cheetah shirt to the gym this morning and I swear to you all that it gave me an energy boost! My legs were sore and I still felt like I had just woken up while I was driving to the gym. I did not expect a stellar perfomance but wanted to run anyway. I am hoping my legs will feel better for it tmrw...I'll have to see what happens.

Anyway...I did Itread 9/60 for the first time and oh my Lord, I don't know what got into me but I kicked it into high gear and managed to run [font color=purple]6 miles in 59:28[/font]!!!!!

I was soooo doing the happy dance and still am!!!!:+

After the run I showered up at the gym and we headed right to the foodstore. By the time we got done there, got home, unpacked the groceries, had lunch and I got DS off for his nap it was about 2:30! Where the time went, I'll never know!

I'm super tired and really need a cat nap to perk up. I'm heading to my mom's for dinner tonight since I'm not training so I can't be totally dead on my feet for the rest of the day.

I'll try to come back for personals before I head out.

CHEETAHS ROCK!!!!

BBL!:)

I’m back! Work has temporarily slowed down so I’m going to try to fit in more personals. I’m so sorry if I don’t get a chance to get around to everyone.

Thomasina – Congrats on your “garage” exercise room. It sounds perfect. If you do decide to run the Flying Pigs Marathon, I might get a chance to meet you and watch you race. I live in Lexington so it is only about a 1 ½ hour trip. What a fun concert for DS! Glad you both had a wonderful time. We are in the same weight loss category. This week I started logging and zigzagging my caloric intake. It definitely holds me accountable.

Shelly – Have a great LV trip. I’ll be thinking of all of you racing cheetahs while you are running on Saturday. I can understand being fidgety. When I have free time, yeah right, I love to cross stitch. I have a beautiful Thomas Kinkade picture on my wall that I cross stitched. It took 3 months of working on it every free moment. Of course, this was before kids or it would have taken 3 years.

Cathy – All of this talk of Bosu’s makes me want to buy one. I’ve been looking at videos online at Collage, along with Slo-Mo. I want to buy new exercise videos, but I’m so worried I won’t get a chance to try them out for a while. What’s a girl to do? If only I had a few more hours in my day.

Judy – Enjoy your run and pilates class. How do you like pilates?

Christine – Good job on B&G. You can tell you have worked hard when you have DOMS. Oh, I love to cross stitch too! If I only had more free time then I would start working on another project.

Lorie – Has your bad streak finally came to an end?

Sunny – Before I forget, good luck with your race this weekend. I’ll be cheering for you!

Wendi – I’m glad you are feeling better.

Carole – I love the new running outfit. You will be one stylish runner on race day.  I hate long work days too. Good luck on your race day! Have fun with the other cheetahs!

Susan – I’m so glad to hear about today being Mary’s last radiation day. Radiation & chemotherapy is so hard on the body. I pray the cancer is gone. Enjoy your workout today.

Wendy – Great job on the treadmill run today!

Waves to Jackie & Linda!

Hello Cheetahs!

I'm too far behind to catch up on all personals. So, I'll just pick up with today's.

Cathy - Hope you enjoy Bosu Blast. Love that workout!

Lori - Did you get a workout in already?

Judy - Hope you had a good run. What's on tap for tomorrow?

Christine - Sore glutes - I know that feeling. Nope, it never ends. And, of course, you always have someone new popping on the scene.

Wendi - I can tell in your post you're feeling better. That's great! Have fun bowling.

Carol - I know you're excited about your trip. Hope you had a good run. Enjoy the game.

Wendy - Glad you found a burst of energy. What a great run for you! Sometimes I'll throw a walk or an easy run in to help the ol' legs out.

Sunny - Hope you enjoyed your rest day.

Susan- That's great that this is Mary's last day of radiation. Will continue to keep her in prayer.

Kristi - Enjoy your workout.

Thomasina - Sounds like your "garage" won't be ready soon enough. I would be excited too.

Shelly - Always heard a pet had a good calming effect on you. Glad your babies are always there waiting for you. UB is still sore but I plan on working it again tomorrow. I think it will be Slo Mo Chest, Tris and Bi's. You're doing yoga again? :) When do you leave?

I did Slo Mo Legs and iTread #1 20 minutes. Amy had my legs quivering. I thought she was going to kill me. Loved the sumo squats. I hope I'll be able to walk tomorrow. She comes up with some unusual moves and I'm enjoying them. Did I say my bootay was sore?

Gotta run! Hope everyone had a wonderful day!

Jackie

Ok, just finished my lunch and ready to type some personals before it is back to the grind stone…

Lorie – Thanks for getting the party started…lol

Cathy – Weeeell, I got in the B &G and not the treadmill (see earlier post) but I will run tonight and then get in a good 90 minute workout in the morning since I get an extra ½ hour to work out on Fridays – another reason to love Friday! This week was just a get used to “consistent” exercise week so next week I’m going to Emerilize my workouts and “kick it up a notch”…BAM! LOL – I’m saving the BOSU idea as another “reward” trick….sure is hard though…

Hi Lori – I miss doing the gym styles but that’s ok, I’ll be back up to par with them in no time! Have fun with your workouts today! By the way, I peeked at your pic trail and my goodness what an attractive family! Your son is adorable and the young lady is just beautiful – I assume she’s your daughter?

Judy – Awe, Rocky sounds so cute…I wish I could find an actual pilates class nearby that would accommodate my work hours. Most of them are during the day or begin at 5 to 5:30 and I don’t get off work until 5:30. Rats….I do have a few pilates dvd’s though but I’d like to go to a class once in a while so I know if I’m doing the moves correcty….How often during a week do you do Pilates?

Christine – LOL – I’m totally instant gratification as well, BUT I am so trying to have something to “reward” myself with instead of food or WINE so I’ll stick to my goal! I have only lost a pound this week but hey, it IS a start in the right direction. I suppose next week will be better since I’ll be increasing the time and intensity of my workouts…Even though I just did a premix, I share your B&G soreness..sistah!

Wendi – Ooooooh, OK, I get it….Duh? that makes sense. My DD17 has a horse and I just didn’t remember doing much horse laundry…lol Have fun bowling; I love to go bowling! Expensive to take the family though…

Carole – Hmm..I’ve eaten a soy hotdog at a deli before but I have not tried the ones in the store. Which brand do you suggest? Also, I’ve tried the BOCA brand Italian sausage and it wasn’t too bad. I think there used to be a polish sausage made by BOCA and it was soooo yummay with onions and mustard but I can’t find it here anymore. Tonight it’s FOOTBALL BABY!! YEAH, GO COWBOYS!!!!

Wendy lou – YOU RUNNING ANIMAL, YOU!! Obviously a REST day from running is never in order for you…LOL. Maybe you should get in some deep stretching and foam roller or tennis ball massage on them there achy bits. That may help. Have a great snoozeroni!

Sunny – Dang, I though I was always busy! I think you have me beat! Good Luck with your race this weekend….

Susan – I ‘m choked up reading about your loss and coping without your mom this Christmas. I am fortunate to still have my mother here (she’s 74 ) but I do dread the day I have to live without her. My heart goes out to you and I’m sure you’ll end up being alright being with family and your dad. I think it is ok for your girls to see you mourn the loss of your momma. I would just explain that it is your first Christmas without her but you’re going to be ok and are happy to be with them and the rest of the family. Good luck to you, sweetie, I’ll definitely be saying a healing prayer for you and sending good wishes your way.

Kristi – I do want to run the Flying Pig but I have to lose at least 10 -15 pds by the end of January and show a consistency with my work outs before I say for sure I’ll go for it. I will let you know and of course, knowing me, I’ll try to coherce and enable more cheetahs to join me. I mean after all, the Flying Pig weekend includes a 5K and a half marathon for those that don’t want to run the full marathon. Good job with the calories deal…what the heck is zig zagging?

Shelly – LOL – I know it is not good that I didn’t know the word for “cheetah” but hey, what can I say? I’m still trying to learn espanol! Aprendo muy lento! Usted habla español muy bueno! LOL I better get busy on getting better though since our next cruise is to Mexico in Spring 09. Yes, I know I posted that I’m not looking to train for any big events but I what I should have said was I plan to get back into consistent all over body workouts for a couple of months while trying to lose weight. Then I’ll run a few 5 and 10K’s that go on in the spring and THEN if I can lose atleast 10 – 15 pounds by the end of January, then I’ll start training for the Pig. I mean the higher miles would come a little later and I could still keep up the weights for a while before I had to taper those. Anyhoo, we’ll see how it goes and If I go, I’ll be recruiting you and the other cheetahs to join in! LOL

HI JACKIE almost didn't see ya!!

I gotta cut it off now, going to a meeting….(yawns real big)…lol no time to check spelling!!

By for now!

Thomasina

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.