:::: CHEETAHS :::: hump day pump!

RunninTeach

Cathlete
G’morning, cheetahs! http://www.kidcorral.ca/forum/images/smilies/hello.gif Happy hump. I have another PD day today, so I’ll be out of the classroom.

Shelly :: how was your yoga? You seem to like Yee OK...Work was good :)…I got a new student and had to prep sub plans, so it was steadily busy. I am still trying to ascertain just what happ'd at the BOE meeting. Word has been mum.

Lori :: glad you enjoyed some easy zzz’s night before last...Yep, no one else on the East Coast gets up as whacked an hour as I do, and I like to post before work, so I don't get too far behind by the end of the day.

Judy :: Yes, I am really liking Keith…the time passes quickly…I must admit, though, I went over points last night in a big way…Looks like a good pre-5K plan. I used to just take the day before as a rest day.

Wendy :: good job getting your w/out done early yesterday…it always sets a good tone for the day when I’m able to do that…I highly recommend the Under Armour Cold Gear tops – they run snug, but *nothing* keeps you warmer on ultra cold days. I wear mine for running and skiing…I had a cookie binge y’day, too. DOH!…I had to chuckle at that title: Kermit: The Swamp Years. Sounds cute. I used to love the Muppets when I was a kid...Yes, I am really, really digging Keith, the ETX, and the BOSU. That thing is working my core like nothing before!! Work was good but no real news on the BOE meeting, oddly. I have to dig into it more tomorrow as I will be working w/ one of the big honchos on our curriculum committee.

Kristi :: Sorry to ask again, but I’ve forgotten…are you still with BFL?…We can try to keep each other on track…Some of the freestyles were interesting. IA – the whole time, I've been thinking: anyone but Marie, please. She is kind of an obnoxious weirdo. Think she needs to tone down the meds.

Christine :: very nice to take out your 76-year-old friend and his wife for a b’day celebration…Sunny is so adorable, he almost doesn’t look real! OMG, those blue eyes!…Oh yeah, those lunge/squat/lunge combos are hell…how’s the fire in the buns today?…thanks for the heads up on Amy’s new workout. I know she’s known for complex choreo, but it sounds interesting w/ the med ball.

Wendi :: sorry you’ve been down with a bug but glad to see you shaking off the boss’ moronic comments. Sounds like a wise move getting back into things slowly as your body’s on the mend...Oh, and you were not alone w/ the cookies, girl, so let's just dust off the crumbs and move on! :)...yes, I have been doing more core work lately and now that I have a BOSU, I feel a tremendous difference in the challenge. Yowzas!

Carole :: love the new gear! I’m a big fan of turquoises and blues. How is your DSis?

Jackie :: thanks for the review of 58 min. premix…I did the dome only last night…I really liked the ab work…wasn’t so crazy about the half moon lunges. I’m sure it’s extra tough after the hi/lo w/out.

Susan :: hope you made a nice dent in the shopping.

Thomasina :: sweet that you’ve got a garage/workout room in-the-making. I think you’ll find the consensus around here is that the 4DS rocks! I’ll admit, I’ve not delved into the two step workouts, but I am lovin’ the weight work, KB, and BC. Count me in among those of us lookin’ to drop a few.

Lorie :: understandable where you are at right now in your thinking…I would be wondering the same…I think the only person with the answers is you, but we are certainly here to support you and to listen anytime! (((HUGS))) Perhaps we need a cheetah road trip to distract you this weekend! :) As far as working out, I say listen to your body and go with what you feel.

Tonight will be 4DS Legs & Core plus a cardio of choice.

Have a great day, ladies! BBL.

cathy-oh, a cheetah road trip would be heaven! i actually would be going to meet my fellow cheetahs in vegas if this whole &^%$&@* mess hadn't started!!! ironic! i actually woke up felilng pretty good this morning. i think i might do IMAX2 just because it's such a fun workout. we'll see. i still have some time to think about it.

i will bbl and hopefully, with personals. i have half a day of work then i have to go to some stupid, pointless training on microsoft office or something. they have all these technology trainings today (all geared towards teachers) and that was the only one that would even remotely benefit me. usually, on these half day trainings, my department (psychological services) has their own trainings, but this month ours is on friday. so, now i have to go to the one at my school as well as the one on friday! x(

Lorie :: was flying out solo not an option? If you still have tickets and can make it happen, why not join Carole & Shelly? I let out a groan for you when I read "technology trainings." Say no more.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]
[font face="comic sans ms"]http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_sunshine.gif

Good Morning Girls:)

Im not sure how long this post will be or if I will even get to catch up on personnals b/c DS is being a little to needy right now. If he can't see me, he starts to cry....and Im still in the same room. He usually does this after I have been gone a couple of days. He also keeps crawling over and tries to play with the computer.

I didn't get a workout in last night. I was to lazy and decided to do housework instead:) Im so glad I have it done, now I don't have to do it today. Plus, my mom is comming in to town and then that means she can actually sit down instead of looking for things to do:) I was thinking I might get outside for a run today but its waaaay to cold so it will have to be something else when DS goes for his nap....I just don't know what to do till nap time! LOL Visit a friend maybe?

Anyway...I guess I will have to get a good workout in today. DH is gone for a couple of days Moose hunting...poor moosie..they don't know whats comming their way. Actually, I don't even think DH will be able to kill a moose, he doesn't have it in him.

Cathy** Enjoy your workout tonight. Hope your not like myself....to lazy to do it after work. A few yrs back I use to workout in the morning and then again at night:eek: You could say, i was a little "gone" in the head! Im not sure what I was trying to accomplish...probably losing weight no doubt!

Lorie** Enjoy your day of training {{{SNORE}}}} My attention spand is 0 so if I had to learn something new today, I would be day dreaming and trying to stay awake!

Lori:)

Good Day YaYa Cheetah Sisters :)

I am going to use today to to some chores at home and decide about Christmas card pictures and other holiday details. I have not wrapped a thing, which is unlike my system. Buy(early)-wrap-hide.

May I boast? DD, a junior in HS, was inducted into National Honor Society last night! We are so proud of her.

Lorie- Could it be that your relationship issues are affecting your workouts? I agree you will need to sort this out when you are ready. You have to decide if the DF behavior is going to be repeated or was a mistake he learned from....Imax2 has a great fun factor. Just enjoy!

Thommasina- I am glad you liked the encouragement. :) It was actually reinforcement for me too!

Carole- I like your cold weather choices. DH had me pick out some wind pants and a cold weather jacket to layer for very cold days. (I am however waiting to unwrap them for X-mas)

Shelly- You must be off, because I didn't see an early morning post from you! Do you have many nights left before the big race?

Christine- How was the b'day meal with your friends? I can' imagine two puppies!

Oh, oh! time to drive DD to school!

Hi Jackie, Susan, Linda, Wendi & Wendy

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Morning Chickadees!

No time for personals right now. Just wanted to pop in and say howdy.

My legs are talkin' to me pretty loudly this morning. Don't know if the Glutamine doesn't work or perhaps it was too big of a job for it and I'd be hurtin' WORSE if I hadn't taken it??? No matter...my Recoverite came y'day so I'm good to go now. I will still use the Glutamine since I have it but perhaps I'll save it for lighter work out days like when I don't do B&G and don't run long! }(

Well, I am supposed to train tonight. I am afraid that I may be the one to change the plans for today though. DH worked late last night. If it happens again tonight, he won't be around to watch DS while I go train. I'll either have to call my mom at the last minute for tonight or ask her to watch him tmrw night since DH bowls tmrw. Now I feel bad for complainin' about my "clients" but you know what? I *rarely* if ever, change our plans, and this issue is beyond my control!

Time for breakfast. :9

I'll be back this afternoon.:)

Good morning!

Well, my plan for cardio this morning had to be nixed as I woke up not feeling quite as clear in my chest as I did yesterday. Plus, I have a very long riding list today so I figured it wouldn't be wise to push this morning. I'll let work be my workout for today and then maybe attack some total body weight work tomorrow. Oh well, rolling with the punches :D.

Cathy - Consider the crumbs dusted off!!! Glad to hear you're enjoying your new rotation and BOSU. You're making it *very* hard for me to resist looking into one }(! I hope you're able to find out what went on at the meeting.

Lorie - Ugh, today does not sound like an exciting day for ya! Have fun with Imax 2...my all time fave!!!

Lori - You do realize that Clean Max *is* considered a workout, right?

Judy - Congrats to you and your DD!!! Enjoy your Christmas-y day...I *LOVE* those!

Wendy - My dear, I'm surprised you can still move after yesterday's workouts!!! I hope you don't end up with a scheduling conflict...I know things haven't been the easiest with that situation.

Oops, the horse laundry is a calling. Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Rest day for me today. I’m feeling yesterdays Leg Blast Torture, er ah, premix, today! Scheduled but, it’s just as well my glutes are SORE!!! DH asked me to wake him up at 5:30 – I went and did that, but he’s not up. I do NOT want to climb the stairs again!

Dinner last night was nice – but I ate too much. I’m not good with portion control. The food was delicious, though, and the couple certainly appreciated it. I’m glad DH thought of it.

Poor Jimmy, I let him out front after the sprinklers went off. He had just lifted a leg when the sprinklers went off AGAIN – getting him. He was on the front porch in a flash. He does NOT like getting wet!

Shelly – How are you holding up with your tapering? Bouncing off walls yet? :+ We did have a good time last night. She especially loves that we take him with such understanding. DH is good that way, though – I have to admit.

Thomasina – there are days when coming to the Cheetah forums is the only thing that gets my butt up off the sofa and out for a workout. So I absolutely understand what you mean! I like the 4DS – the weight work is great – short and sweet – and the cardio is fun. It gives you a means to get a lot done in a little amount of time. And, I’m not mad! I understand, absolutely – but next time – I want to meet you! Hope your friend got through the divorce okay!

Cathy – enjoy your PD Day! I thought Amy’s new workout sounds really great, too. I added the link to the full “scoop” on Video Fitness – did not feel right about cutting and pasting Amy’s full announcement on the Cathe boards. I don’t have a med ball – but she says it can be done with a dumbbell, too.

Lorie – {{{{Lorie}}}} as Cathy said – we’re here for you whatever you decide. And you can sometimes score fantastic deals late in the game – especially to Vegas. You should check in to it and go and join Carole and Shelly! I hope you get in Imax2 – it is a fun workout. Sounds like what you need. Oh brother, on the training – I sometimes wonder that we have so many excellent teachers, in spite of the education system!

Lori – Poor DS – he misses his mommy! Glad you have today to spend with him! Enjoy your workout, whatever you chose, and your mom’s visit! That sounds nice.

Judy – YAY for your DD!! How wonderful! You should be proud! Enjoy your details sorting today. I cannot imagine two puppies either. And two Aussie puppies at that – Aussies are NOT independent dogs. I’d always have a lap full of dog!

Wendy – my legs are talking, too. Mainly my butt! I think Cathe can out-fox some of these recovery drinks! Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do. Must be tough with DH working so much overtime though!

Wendi – I think you’re wise with your skipping your workout. Riding is a good one anyway! :p DH is in decent shape but I think his lower body would be talking to him loudly after B&G. And he would annoy the heck out of me while doing it… :p But it would be funny. I’m with you on the lunge/squat combos… They start off easy enough… :p

Enjoy your day everyone!!!

Edited to add: I about fell over last night when DH told me he wanted to get me a new Barbell for Christmas but did not know where to get one. He saw me doing all the changes that APX needs with my barbell that has a screw thing on it - no clips - and decided I need a new one with clips - like the one he uses at the gym. I don't know who this man is, or where he hid my true DH - but I hope he stays around - puppies and barbells! You gotta love a man like that!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...thanks re the new gear. Thanks to for asking about my sister. I talked to her last night (I do her nails) and she is doing ok. We both know it does get easier in time and when you care for an aging dog is is a relief to know they are not in pain anymore. She does have 2 other dogs and that can take your mind off of the one gone. Enjoy 4DS legs and core.

Lori...I bet your DS does miss you. Nice you can have some time with him...:)...so will you eat Moose if your DH gets one??

Judy...Awesome news about DD!!! How nice you get some new running gear for X-mas.

Lorie...sorry about the DF issues. I know those things can get you down. Sending {{{HUGS}}}

Wendi...thanks, new stuff is fun! I always like LIC again when I have not done it in awhile and the premixes are great. Sorry about your chest not feeling clear today. Hope the riding goes well...

Christine...thanks, I do enjoy new running stuff! How sweet Frank remembers Tucker...:)..So DH might do B&G with you?...I remember taking my DH years ago to an exercise class...I think we'd only been married a few years and I was amazed how inflexible he was...I ask him every now and then to do a weight workout with me, I'd probably have to pay him!! Now I will have to get that new Amy workout thanks to you!!! Enjoy your rest day after the B&G Torture.

Jackie...I have always liked a light turquoise myself. Sounds like you enjoyed Amy's Hi/Lo Dome. I do agree her choreography is tricky but in time you can usually get it and learn her style.

Susan..good job getting the shopping done now. I am such a last minute person!

Wendy...sorry about work being awful yesterday. Glad you had fun working out with Joey yesterday...:D...I agree with Cathy about getting some Under Armour running gear. I probably don't have to dress as warm as you guys, we only occasionally get the real cold temps. But in winter I always run in tights and usually a long sleeved shirt from a race I have run so it'll be nice to have something a bit more fancy...:)

Shelly...I did download a PDF file from the marathon site with last min instructions, I just have not looked at it yet! The roller felt good yesterday and I do still have a little pain, but I am not real worried.

Tomasina...so you will have a nice room "garage" for yourself! I was better with the roller when I first got it. I know using it again will be great! I know I will need to get serious after X-mas and loose about 10 lbs. I have gotten a bit faster using the Chi running method. Thanks, I think LV will be a blast.

I am planning on LIS cardio and a 20 min iClimb on my EXT. I might do some abs too.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning cheetahs! I slept pretty well last nite and have one more night at work before a nice 8 day stretch off:7 I'm waiting for it to get a tad warmer outside before I go for a run and no better way to pass the time then to chat with this great group of gals!

Cathy- I have only one Rodney Yee dvd, he is a little too sedate for me. I made it through 30 minutes yesterdy before I'd had enough and put in a Stretchmax segment. Sounds like a good solid workout for you today with 4DS. Re: the BOE meeting... my thoughts are no news is good news ;-)

Lori- Congrats on getting through the housework, even if it does mean your mom will be a little bored;-) Has your DS quieted down some to let you get in a workout? What's your cute little guy's name if you don't mind me asking?

Judy- Yes, I was off last night but go in tonight for one more. My race is next Sunday, the day after yours. I'll be bringing my laptop with me and the hotel I'm at has free wireless internet so I'll keep in touch with the cheetahs and I'll be looking for your race report! Congratulations to your DD!! That is quite an accomplishment and worth bragging about!!

Wendy- I actually bought some L-glutamine a while ago but never used it. I guess I'll have to give it a try. I'm sure your clients will understand if you have to reschedule tonight.

Christine- I haven't done any killer leg workouts for more than a week now so I'm envying your sore glutes ;-) I'm actually doing quite well with the tapering. I've been needing the extra time anyway to finish up a sweater I'm knitting for my FIL for Christmas.
Thanks for the info about Amy's next workout. I'll certainly be getting this one... sounds FUN!

Wendi- Sorry your crud made a little comeback:( :( Good idea to forego the workout this morning. I think your job gives you plenty of exercise anyway!!

Carole- Glad to hear that your feeling up to par with no serious pains anyway!! There's 6 pages on that PDF file from LV!! Very detailed info.... they've pretty much covered everything and this race sounds very well organized! Enjoy LIS and the EXT today.

Lorie- Wow, you've got alot to think about with your issues with your DF.:eek: I think it would be giving anyone a serious pause of consideration. How long have you two been together anyway? If this is the first time in a long time that he's done this sort of "controlling" behavior it's a factor to consider and it may only be related to his mother who he DEFINITELY has his own issues with.
Well, one thing I know is that you are intelligent and practical and will work it out eventually in the best way. I'm pretty certain we'll be organizing a bigger cheetah GTG sometime next year!

Thomasina- How wonderful to have you check back in!!!7 :7 The BM2 double upper body premix is a delicous killer of a workout, guarateed DOMS imo! The 4DS workouts are so versatile and fun... definitely worth the investment, but then you can say that for any Cathe workout! Your new "garage" workout room sounds great! You'll be ready for some serious body makeover!

Well, I think that catches me up for now and the sun is stronger so I'm headed out for a 4 mile run, then some good serious stretching!

tata

ShellyC

hello ladies,

quick check in for me today: today's workout was a 2 mile run and will do fitnessfix lowerbody this afternoon. yesterday i did iclimb 20 (30 mins).

sorry no time for personals but definitely wanted to say hi to my girls!!:)

Good morning Cheetahs!

Christine - As my sis always says, God knew what he was doing when he didn't let old folks have babies.:7 Gotta have patience and energy. How are the buns today? That would be interesting to see DH doing firewalkers. Enjoy your rest day! A new BB! What a nice gift! The one with clips sure makes changing out those plates easier. Now you can leave one loaded and change out the other.

Wendy - Sorry you didn't have a good day at work yesterday. Today will be better. Drooling over Joey does burn calories, right?

Judy - Your race training plan sounds good. Congratulations to DD!! Always an honor!

Shelly - What did you do with your night off? How are the little doggies doing? Enjoy your run.

Thomasina - Enjoy your new room! Nothing like having your own space. Glad we can enable you here. Figure if I'm spending, everyone else should too. :)

Lorie - So sorry that you're still having a hard time with the situation with DF. I say pray about it and then go with what's in your heart. Maybe you can see past this and forgive DF and put marriage off just a little longer. I know it's hard. ((((HUGS)))) to you. Glad we can be here for you.

Wendi - Glad to see you're feeling better.

Cathy - I see you're enjoying using your Bosu. I'm glad to find another workout that uses it. Tracey Staehle uses it too. Enjoy your workout today.

Lori - How long will mom stay? Enjoy your time with her.

I did Slo Mo Back & Shoulders and iClimb #3 20 minutes. Amy had my arms screaming. I already have UB DOMS from 4DS C&B and the Dome Challenge yesterday. Think I'll work the legs tomorrow and give the UB a break.

Gotta get back to work. Enjoy your day ladies!

Jackie

Good morning cheetahs,
Well I got a lot done yesterday as far as xmas shopping. Why do I always have to come home with something for me too(LOL)! I need to get out of that habit. I just love a good sale though. THere are so many of them right now. I still have santa stuff to get and a few girlfriends left, but not too much left:)

I am going to do the cardio and weights premix from BM2. I am taking a break from the new series. I will do some endurance work this week and maybe up the cardio. My eating has been WAY out of control again. I ordered chocolate popcorn from a boy scout and I got it yesterday. Who knew that could be so incredibly good? Have any of you tried it?

Cathy, enjoy your day off and how do you like the legs from 4DS? THat is the only workout I have not done.

Lorie, enjoy Imax 2. I love that workout and feel so accomplished when I am done. Hope you get through the training today.

Lori, Sometimes getting the housework has to come before our workout. I feel better working out when all that crap is done, but I always dread doing it. I tend to be a neat freak though;-) What workout are you going to do?

Judy, we just took our xmas pics and have to send them to shutterfly soon. I also like to get all this stuff done early, but usually don't. My girlfriend and I have been doing kid watching for each other so we can go out without the kiddies.

Wendy, sorry the legs are hurting you, but it is a nice hurt, right? What is your workout today?

Wendi, I have never heard of horse laundry before, too funny! You must get a pretty good workout riding, don't you? I don't know much about it, but it looks pretty strenuous. Have a good day!

Christine, I have never had DOMS from that premix, but GS legs and Leaner legs kills me everytime. What a nice hubby wanting to buy you a new barbell AND wants another puppy. At least it is a puppy and not a kid;-) I like those moments when you really realize that who you are married to is pretty special. Enjoy your rest day and I also have a HUGE problem with portion control}(

CArole, I found for ITB pain that using the band under your foot and bringing the leg across the body while in the supine postion really helped it. In other words have your right leg across the body towards your left hip while lying on the back. Does that make sense. Also, rolling the roller on the quads as well as the ITB also helped me. My pt had said the quads play a big roll in ITB issues along with the lower back and glutes. Just stretch it all
;-) Hope it feels better soon. Enjoy LIC and the ellip.

Shelly, WOW, an 8 day stretch will be great! You deserve some time off? Are you going to do anything special?

Sunnyelite, good morning!

Jackie, what do you think of the Amy slo mo workouts? I really can't wait to try that one. Have a good day!

Thomasine, so nice to hear from you. Sounds like you have done a lot this year as far as running. You are definitley an inspiration:)

Okay ladies, I am off to workout.

Cheers!

Susan

lori-it's great that you got your housework out of the way. i really need to get my house in order. unfortunately, it probably won't be until friday.

judy-ITA about figuring out DF's behavior. as far as step workouts, IMAX2 is probably the most fun with StepBlast being second. i think i was actually run-down from training and hadn’t been sleeping well. i woke up this morning (after a good night's sleep) feeling great. DD in national honor society…how awesome!!! you must be so proud!

wendy-don't worry about the rare time you change your plans for training. it seems your clients do it a lot more!!!

wendi-if you are feeling something in your chest, it is definitely not the time for a cardio workout. it could turn into bronchitis or pneumonia.

christine-i would like to go, but as it is, i have a ton of stuff i need to get done here now that i'm not going. there will have to be a cheetah GTG planned soon!!!

carole-thanx for the hugs. always appreciated. i am trying not to get too down and look at the positives.

shelly-yes, a very serious pause of consideration, but as you speculated, this is the first time he's pulled any crap like this. i do think a lot of it has to do with his mother and their &^^%$ up relationship. although, i have to ask myself if i want to be involved in that forever. i have faith that things will work out as they are meant to. we may not be able to see it at the time, but things always work out for the better.

wave to sunny!!!

jackie-you hit the nail on the head. i have been praying and doing a lot of soul searching and i have faith that things will work out as they are meant to.

linda-yep, got through IMAX2 and loved it!!! as always!

i actually ended up doing IMAX2 then felt good so i did the 35 minute all-step timesaver from cardio and weights. i think i needed a good sweatfest and i surely got one! i am toying with the idea of doing classical stretch tonight. i felt very energized this morning and i'm wondering if that might be part of it.

well, off to my hellish training. grrrrrrrr!

Lori- there is nothing like a good step routine to lift up spirits, (except maybe a good run)

Well Cheetah YaYas I took on some 'Wendy Like Characteristics' :p and changed my mind today! My workout was Boot Camp and biceps /Triceps/ core from 4DS.

My cards have been ordered and floral arrangements have been ordered to for our childrens' Godparents and the Grandparents. Delivery will be December 22. I am into to consumable calorie free gifts! Although I like to give Edible Arrangements too!

My sweet in laws called while they were at the mall near by and insisted I have lunch with them. So we ate at PF Changs. They had never been there. They are so sweet!

** oops tyops!

William Osler

Good Afternoon Wonderful Women!:)

I just finished my work out and am enjoying my Recoverite. I am hoping it will help the legs out too even though I didn't work them today b/c man are they hurtin'!}( I ended up using the purple band for leg press which I'd never done before and the SILVER band for one round of the firewalkers y'day and they were both KILLER so I think that may have added to the DOMS factor today. YEOWZAS!}(

I used High Step Challenge as my guide and did the following upper body mish-mosh today:

warm up
reverse grip chin ups
tricep push ups on step
tricep dips on step
side tri push ups
wide fly pull ups
band back rows
push ups
bicep curls w/tubing
reverse grip chin ups
band one arm overhead tricep press
band external shoulder rotations
band t-back squeeze
wide fly pull ups
band rear delt flys
stretch

DH is working extra late tonight again so I ended up cancelling training. I was going to ask my mom to watch Joey tonight or move it to tmrw but BF and her friend got 2 week free passes to the local YMCA. They wanted to go check it out anyway so this was a good opportunity for them to go so no training at all this week. We still have our 5k on saturday though!:+

I'll be back in a bit for personals.:)

Hi again. I'm back for personals before it gets too late. :)

Cathy: Thanks for the heads up on the Under Armour. It's so pricey. I thought it was good stuff but didn't want to spend the bucks before I made sure of it. :)

Lorie: So are you and Cathy cooking up some dastardly plan for this weekend??? Inquiring minds want to know!}(

Lori: Don't you know that your mom is NOT going to sit down even though you have a clean house!? She will STILL find something to do! LOL My mom comes over and cleans my coffee pot, does dishes, whatever she can find even I've just finished cleaning! She'll wash the single dish that's in the sink but she can't do NOTHING! :7

Judy: That's so great about DD! Proud parents, I am sure!:+ Glad you enjoyed lunch with the inlaws. They sure do sound like lovely people!

Wendi: Hope your riding list went smoothly today. Sorry this morning's work out was nixxed. I CAN *barely move* but that's about it!:p

Christine: Climbing stairs any more then you absolutely have to with DOMS is NOT a fun thing to do so I don't blame you for not doing it again to wake DH! LOL I hope you enjoyed your rest day. It's funny...When I am at home, I am great w/portion control 99% of the time (y'day's cookie episode is part of that 1%!x( ) yet when I go to someone's house for dinner or out to eat portion control seems to get thrown out the ol' proverbial window. You are not alone in that!

Carole: Thanks re: cold weather gear. I hope you enjoyed your work out today. Glad to hear that your sis is doing okay. It gets easier with time, yes. For the longest time after putting our family dog to sleep, I would swear I could hear him barking when I would put the key in the door to come in the house. :eek:

Shelly: Hope you enjoyed your run and stretch. 8 days off! WOW! Good for you. What will you do with all of that free time?? :7 I have decided to use the L-Glutamine right along with the Recoverite. The Glutamine says to take 5g immediately after work out and then 5g 2 hours later. The Recoverite has 3g of Glutamine in it so I figure I will drink the Recoverite immediately after and then take one serving of the plain Glutamine 2 hours later. Why didn't you ever use the L-Glutamine you bought??

Sunny: HI!!!!!!:+

Jackie: Today was a better day at work for the most part. This one little boy tries my patience when he comes in and he was there for a while but thankfully he was really the only "challenge" for the day.:) It's not the actual DROOLING over Joey that burns the calories, it's having to clean up the puddles of drool after the work out is over! :7 }( :7

Susan: Good job on the Christmas shopping. I have a few things purchased but not much. I need to get on the ball. I still haven't purchased my Cheetah grab bag gift yet! :eek: It shouldn't be a hard gift to find though so I'm not worried.

wendy- have you thought about applying for a pt job at the ymca? that way when you train in the evenings you could bring joey and put him in the childcare.

Hola mi tigres con los “spots” amigas!

I’m a wee bit tired today as I got in very late last night then had to get up for work. This means I’ll have to get my workout in as soon as I arrive home tonight – B&G premix and a bit of cardio. PLEASE send encouraging comments my way as plans for working out after work can easily fizzle as the day progesses……

I got in so late because I took my DS (16) to see his very first Rock concert; Van Halen. Oh my goodness, these ol’ boys still have it going on! I was very impressed with Eddie Van Halen’s 16 year old son, Wolfegang, as the accompanying bass player. Anyhoo, we had a fun time but it caused me to miss getting up for a workout!

Thanks for all the nice comments re: my new workout room “garage” as I like to call it…lol. I really am excited to be getting my very own space in the house!!

Cathy – LOL, I need to drop more than “a few”. A set of the 4D’s are lookin’ like they’ll end up in my collection! But I am going to wait and use the purchase as a “reward” after I lose 10 pounds which I’m guessing should fall in January sometime- gives me time to save the $$$.

Lorie – Hugs for you – relationship issues can be difficult. LOL – I’ve endured a few training sessions myself…If it is something I’ve already heard before, I spend the time making mental to do lists, grocery lists..etc…I also love Imax 2!

Lori – A task I’ve never been able to master unless I’m on vacation is housework being“done”.- Congratulations! LOL Such a good feeling to get it out of the way. I get 16 days off from work in December and you betcha I’ll be whippin’ my house into shape!

Judy- Boast away! That’s quite an accomplishment for your DD! Congrats! I have a DD Junior that does very well at school as well – it is always heartwarming when they do well for themselves! Luuuukeeeeeeey! I LOVE PF Chang’s – I always get the mao pao tofu dish with brown rice (except I don’t eat all of their bucket sized rice serving!)…yeeeum!

Wendy – Maybe your legs are saying that you should’ve given them a few more days of rest…I know, that is a hard word for you to understand…LOL. Poor DH, sounds like he’s done his share of hours for the week already!

Wendi – Ok, I’m the dense one here, but what is “horse” laundry? LOL Have fun riding!

Christine – Get while the getting’ is good, girl! YEEESSS!! I would go pick my barbell today before he changes his mind! LOL Yeah, I think I’m pretty sold on the 4D’s it is just making myself WAIT to buy them as a reward!

Carole – Hugs to your sister; I would not want to go through what she is. I love my dog so much and well, I hope she finds healing in her heart. Yep, I think January’s theme will definitely have to be the “Cheetah Melt”….for cheetahs burnin’ the cals and slimmin’ up.
}( Hey, have you tried any of the “tofurky” deli products? If so, what did you think?

Shelly – Yeup, I am ready for a body makeover and my new “garage” is going to be a huge tool in helping me get there! Well, running and Cathe will be too. I must get to a good conditioning point in the next 2 months because then I’ll decide if I am going to go ahead and run the Flying Pig marathon in Cincinnati in May. I signed up for it while still euphoric from endorphins after my San Diego marathon. LOL. I really want to run the Pig but since it has a few challenging hills, I want to know I’ll be in fairly good shape to train properly.

Hi Sunny! – Just noticed your quote in the siggy; like it!! Good suggestion for Wendy lou!

Jackie – Lol – yes, a lot of enabling going on around here, that’s for sure! Not only do I have the 4D’s on my mind, but CATHY has unknowingly enabled me into checking out a BOSU for my new “garage” :eek: …lol!

Susan – I like your suggestion for the ITB with the band and stretching the legs. I do a lot of ITB stretches but not that one. Well, I guess I do that one in a stand up form but not laying down. Thanks for the tip!

Ok, I better get this LONG thing posted before ya’ll are heading to bed!

Happy and grateful to be back postin’ with my cheetah friends!

Thomasina :7

Thomassina- I ordered the Mao Pao Tofu today! I love the broccoli sauce and tofu! (Tofu never quite tastes as good at home) Now I remember that you are a non meat eater too! Duh... your name says it all.

William Osler

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.