:::: CHEETAHS :::: Hump Day, May 2nd

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs :) :) :)

Today is Back & Bi (I think). This is the "total muscle confusion" stage, and apparently it's confusing me, too. *LOL* I can't remember for sure what's on this afternoon's agenda, but whatever it is, I vow to BRING it! :) Still have DOMS in the tris.

I think today's going to be my final weigh-in for the Biggest Winner competition at school. Quite a number of folks have dropped out, and it seems the overall enthusiasm has fizzled out. I haven't really needed it to stay motivated, so I feel at this point that I'm just tossing my $10 away each month. They are looking only at numbers on the scale, and my progress just isn't measurable that way at the moment. So, I'm gonna stick that $10 in my massage fund from now on.

Only a few personals to do from last night:

Jackie :: no, I don't have any CIAs, but I have seen/heard the buzz lately. An endorsement from the cheetahs really carries a lot of weight for me, so I will check it out.

Wendy :: my DVDs are in transit, too, but I opted for the free shipping, so I think they're not coming til next week. The Tracey Staehle one should be here sooner, though.

Wonder where Marcia is. Hope she's OK. I know she was to have some testing yesterday.

Have a great day, everyone!
Cathy :)

~Cathy :)

Good morning cheetahs,

cathy- which dvd's did your order}( i tell ya. we are all so bad:p . i forgot to mention i did order that jumprope workout i told you about awhile ago, just haven't had time to actually do it yet.

christine- the iclimb bootcamp workout is alot of fun. i did it last saturday.

wendy- how did you like the long and lean yoga workout?

i have serious DOMS from yesterday's workout. i feel like i can hardly walk. of course you know i am lovin' it:7

so today's plan is the UB portion from isculpt set 17 and 30 mins on the elliptical.

ttyl...

Hey Sunny :)

I ordered Kristin McGee's Power Yoga, Power Yoga for Athletes, and TS's Cardio Sweatfest (thanks on that one!) Let us know how that jump rope workout is...Yeah, we're all a little twisted, aren't we, that we enjoy our DOMS so much? LOL!

~Cathy :)

Good Morning Cheetah-Babes!:)

Cathy: Not only do I have the yoga dvd on it's way. I also have Slim Express and Xflowsion enroute to moi!}(

Sunny: Long and Lean is a good work out. It's under an hour long so that is nice. The first part is a power vinyasa practice, then a very short balance posture seg, arm strength work (KILLS me, LOL), core/back work and finally some stretching. All of that packed in to about 50 mins. It's kind of like Yoga X cliff notes version!;) :p :7

Okay, I have one of 2 plans on tap for today. Either a run after my shift at work, then ARX and BBC Chest and Abs weights only or if I don't run I'll do ARX and Chest and Abs plus the cardio.

I had an awful night's sleep last night so I don't know what the day will bring for me. I am hoping I have the energy )and Joey has the temperment) to grab that run after work. That will help combat being tired so I can get my work out done w/o laying down for a nap and chancing oversleeping. There was a t-storm last night that would startle me awake every few minutes. I didn't falls into a deep sleep until after 1am! x( x( x( Funny thing is, I remember the days (only about 5 years ago!) when I would go out dancing mid week on a regular basis and not get home and to bed until later then that and get up for work the next day! That would *kill* me now! LOL I guess I am really showing my age, huh? :p

Okay, I'll be back later girls!

Hi ladies.

Cathy-you bought 3 THREE new workouts? LOL. Too funny. Be sure to let me know how those yoga ones are. I'm going to buy Rodney Yee's Yoga Burn I think, unless you convince me otherwise!

Sunny-I'll be interested to hear how iSculpt is.

Wendy-hope you have the energy reserves...sorry about the interrupted sleep. But I'm there with ya...my cat woke me up at 2:30am coughing....I went to the bathroom and when I came back to bed I realized he had gotten sick right on my pillow and bed. YUCK! I didn't fall back to sleep till after 3am.

Then the alram goes off at 5am and I thought about sleeping in, but thought better of it. SO....off to the basement I go. Today was LIC cardio blast premix and Core Max Complete Core premix. All good and sweaty!

The DOMS report is good (and twisted, as we all agree). My quads are finally starting to ease up, so the stairs were easier this AM. Now DOMS are in the upper body from yesterday's kickbox with weighted gloves. LOVE IT! LOL

Time for the bus. Then a few PC errnads, errands in town, then off to clean my friend's house. My boys and I are headed to Washington DC for a day trip on Friday, with older DS's Gifted/Enrichment class. So I need to stock up on a few snacks to keep us happy on the bus to and from.

BBL

Gayle

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I enjoyed your story about how you started running. I know when my Dad passed away, running a marathon was an incredible greif outlet. Have fun with Back & Bi's. I agree that putting the money towards your massage fund is a good idea!

Sunny...how do you like the iSculpt?

Wendy..have fun with Cathe's rotation, looks like a good one. I sure could be a seller for the foam roller! I think they are great for sore muscles. Sorry about the insomnia...thunder woke me up about 3:45...

Gayle...good workout today. Glad the DOMS in the quads is easing up.

Jackie...I didn't get a new iClimb, but did 20 min of an iClimb and then a 20 min program on my EXT listening to a new CD I got..:)...yesterday was a much better day, thanks...Sounds like you had fun with All Body Attack. I am with you on Billy Ray getting the boot. Why in the world do they keep him on, it is torturous to watch.

Christine...purring cheetah??? All the BBC workouts use a step mostly as a weight bench, and some of the cardio. If its a good deal I'd say go for it. You should watch the end of a very tough trail 50K...you can always tell the ones that have fallen. Thanks, yesterday was better..:)

Shelly...you know I was just teasing you about resting...:)...I can rarely make myself take those days...enjoy GS BSB and your EXT workout. Things are much better, thanks.

I woke up to this today...http://bestsmileys.com/weather/3.gif[/img]...could make for an interesting run later....:)...after GWW floor legs and BBC A&A.

Have a great day...

G'morning Cheetahs! I was a tired Cheetah last night, went to bed at 9:30! I was just wiped out. I'll definitely be ready for my recovery week next week! I have DOMS in my shoulders & triceps, but I'm happy about that as us crazy cheetahs are. ;-) Yoga will be fun today, my arms won't want to be holding plank position for long!

We had such a great night last night. We just played outside- went for a walk, played Bocci ball (the girls love that game!), jumped on the trampoline, etc. No wonder I was tired since I'd already biked & done S & A!!

Have you noticed on the X that you might retain water on one day & then lose it all the next?? I was totally retaining water y'day (up 3 lbs overnight!), then was down 3.2 this morning? (yes, I'm back to daily weighing for now :p )

OK, must do yoga while I have a chance. I'll be back later!

Good morning ladies!

Cathy - Sorry to hear enthusiasm for the BW has waned. People weren't interested in collecting the $$$, huh? Putting the money toward a massage sounds good to me. I don't have too many of the CIA workouts but I have tried the one that has 3 workouts on it with Mindy Mylrea and two other instructors. I have the Double Cardio with Seasun Zigler and Sharon and this last one All Body Attack with Sharon Twombly.

Sunny - Yes, interested in how you like the jump rope workout and isculpt.

Wendy - Sorry you didn't have a good night last night. Hope you can get that run in.

Gayle - Yuck on the kitty being sick! Which kickboxing workout did you do?

Carole - Well, we have to look at Billy Ray for at least another week. I really liked John. Don't think he would have made it to the finals but Billy should have gone before him. Have a good workout!

My tush is so sore today from ABA yesterday. It hurts to sit. OUCH!!! Also, my back and arms have DOMS. I did a 7 mile tempo run. I was following Shelly's tempo run. Had to take a few breaks and made it to 7.1. When I made it to that point, I took the speed back down .1 every two minutes instead of one minute. I was using CC Press Play. I added a few hills on the last mile. Finished up with a Tony fix doing GBG stretch.

Happy Hump Day! Enjoy your day!

J.

Good Morning Cheetah Babes –

A rainy day here in California and it’s actually pleasant to look out over the mall and see the rain. Of course I’m a little sleepy, but hey, that’s okay. Had one heck of a time waking up this morning (Jimmy and I fell asleep on the sofa after we got up), but I still managed to get in a workout. I did Step-boxing as I did need a shorter workout. I had forgotten how fun that one is. I really enjoyed it. Then I finished with Shoulders from Judy’s torture session (aka the SS/PP UB Blast). Took the doggies out for a walk in the rain, and now I’m at work. DH leaves for Australia and India tonight. He’ll be gone a week so I’ll get some time alone with the girls. That will be nice. I’m getting BBC tomorrow, so I’m thinking I’ll skip the Bi’s and Tri’s tomorrow and doing Barry’s Arms and Abs on Friday. I’m so excited to get these!

Cathy – sounds like a good plan to drop out of the BW competition. It was fun to start and probably got a lot of people motivated. Enjoy your session with Tony! I’m sure you’ll BRING IT full force!!

Sunny – Oh great! Another great one to do! I just wish I had a treadmill at home! I feel weird doing the intervals at the gym! Lol

Wendy – oh yeah, getting old sucks! :+ I used to be able to go out all night as well, and I can’t any longer. Sorry you had a restless night! I hate that. Hope you have the energy for your workouts!

Gayle – glad the DOMs is easing! I used step weights this morning for Step Boxing and I can feel it in my lats. I also love that feeling!

Carole – Oh, I can imagine the end of a tough 50k trail run (can’t imagine an EASY 50k trail run!)! That would be brutal. I have a step – I was just curious about why they were selling one. It doesn’t seem “manly” enough for the workouts. I cannot wait to get them! I also ordered two more Spinervals, so I’m going to be fried! (and perfect timing – my BBC’s come in tomorrow – DH leaves tonight – and my Spinervals are in next Tuesday and DH gets back on Wednesday! *evil chuckle*)

Jackie – you managed a 7 mile tempo run with major DOMs in your tush?! WOW!!! I’m impressed!!

Jess – YES – only us Cheetahs and Catheites would understand being exhausted and sore, and loving every minute of it! I love Bocci too. And yes, I noticed I gained weight especially after a really hard core workout like C&B. I also felt bulky in my shoulders and chest for a few days, then it would all go away. Weird.

Enjoy everyone! My boss’s wife is getting induced tomorrow so he’s working from home. And I’ve actually got things to do! I’m so loving this job. What a switch from my last two.

Hi Everyone!

Have been really busy with life and haven't had much time to post.:-(

Susan - I don't know if you will be checking the site today...but I wanted to tell you how very sorry I am about your mom's passing. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

I haven't been doing any running....just step, walking and I am still P90X weights. I started phase II this week.

Great job to all of you guys that had races this past weekend! You all did great!

I will try to stop back in later for personals! But "HI" to everyone!!

Linda

Good afternoon Cheetahs!

For your viewing pleasure I uploaded some photos to picturetrail so you can see how dorky I really am. Enjoy!

http://www.picturetrail.com/kristi1s

Sorry this is so short. I'm finishing stuff up at work so I can leave on vacation. I will miss you all and hopefully when I return I will be able to post more frequently.

Take care!

I got my new Baron vid today! I previewed it and it looks AWESOME!!! Can't wait to try it out tomorrow night!}(

BBL!:)

STOP BUYING NEW WORKOUTS, LADIES! It's getting to me! I was shopping at gaiam.com earlier today and had to force myself away from the PC!

Kristi-Your family is gorgeous!!! Not dorky at all.

Sorry for the hit and run.....bus is coming in 2 minutes!

Gayle

Kristi - dorky? You're too funny! You're beautiful and you have a lovely family - love your DD's smile! Have fun on vacation!!! Where are you going?

Linda - great to "see" you again! Glad to hear you're enjoying P90X! Hope things slow down as we miss you!

Gayle - I quickly read you message and had a heart attack - I read hit and run and bus, then had to go read it again. :+ Oh yeah, I AM dorky! :p

Wendy - enjoy your new video!

Hi Christine! I'm headed to Raleigh, NC for a long girl's weekend. No hubby or kids. Initially I was hoping to have some free time to go see SunnyD, but I won't have a car and I'm at my friend's mercy. There are 4 of us total. I went to high school with 2 of the girls and the third girl went to college with the other 2. We try to get together once a year. We all live in different areas - Raleigh, NC, Louisville & Lexington, KY, and Dayton, OH. It will be interesting to see what we do next year. Two of the girls are pregnant with baby #1, both due within 2 weeks of each other in September. I'm the old mother of the group. For some reason they think it will be harder for them to get away next year than it is for me. LOL I look forward to the trip every year so I make time in schedule so I can go.

Well, enough about me. How are things going with Jimmy? Any more cute pics you would like to share with us cheetahs? I'd love to see more pics.

Gayle - I hear ya on the ladies buying new workouts. I'm chomping at the bit to do the ones I already have, let alone wanting to buy more.

kristi- you are your family are completely gorgeous!! just love the pics of your sweetpeas:) . i am so sad we won't have an opportunity to meet with each other. hopefully there will be other opportunities in the near future. have a safe and fun trip!!

christine- so happy to hear you are just lovin' your new job. going to work when you love what you are doing is awesome.

workout is completed. iscuplt is a upper, lower and core workout. i only did the UB portion which consisted of chest, back and shoulders. high reps. however i used heavier weights and did less reps.

ttyl....

Afternoon, cheetahs :)

Wendy :: Long & Lean sounds like it would appeal to me…Sheesh! We’re all gonna be in spendaholics’ rehab soon. Speaking of purchases, Cardio Sweatfest arrived today. Yay! Gonna preview it in a bit…No, you’re not alone – I remember those days when I could rock out on a weeknight and still function at work the next day. But that was BEFORE teaching. Now I’m asleep before 10 most nights! LOL

Gayle :: I’ll definitely share my reviews of the yoga vids…yikes on the cat hurl!…LOL about how we need to stop buying. I’m probably the worst offender here – I keep buying and there are some I haven’t even done yet!

Carole :: I agree with you and Jackie re: Billy Ray…I have not been watching every episode this season, but from what I have seen, he really seems to work the crowd pretty hard. I guess he has a big fan base. Who knew?…There is something about that thundercloud that I find comical. Always love your graphics!

Jess :: how do you like YogaX?…Yes, I am noticing strange things with my body during the X. I’m sure part of it is simply normal weight fluctuation, and maybe the other part is just me losing my mind *LOL*, but I do sometimes feel kinda bloated. It’s as though one day I feel like I’m starting to get more lean & ripped and another day, I feel fat. But I don’t know if it is the X or if I am becoming too obsessive.

Jackie :: the organizers of the BW competition were faithful about collecting and keeping it going, but I guess quite a few participants dropped out for various reasons, and everything just sort of lost steam…I’m gonna have to check out the CIAs…those names sound familiar…enjoy your all-over DOMS!

Christine :: I agree w/ Kristi -- ya gotta post more pics of Jimmy soon – we need our fix!…So glad you are enjoying the new job as much as you are.

Linda :: it’s good to hear from you – we’ve missed you. How’s everything going? Are you liking the X rotation this time around?

Kristi :: great pics of you & the fam…Looks like they both got mom’s gorgeous blue eyes! Thanks for sharing – it’s always nice to put the face with the name. Enjoy your girls’ getaway!

OK, kickin’ back some and then tackling Back & Bi.

Cathy - I did B&B, too this morning! I also did Intense Moves (Gin Miller's step workout). You described exactly how I feel on this rotation! (You and Jess both!). I feel sooo daggone bloated! Then all of a sudden, I feel like I am making progress....then I puff up again x( I am getting frustrated, as I do want to finish this rotation. LOL...I know what you mean about the getups in that one. Can't wait to see what you think after you do the workout! I liked it , but need to do it again so that I will be more familiar with the combo moves.

Jess - Yes....Up three pounds on one day....down 2 or 3 the next...up 3 three, down three ...I am experiencing the same thing! :-( Are you enjoying P90X? I really do like Tony a lot!

Christine - It sounds like your job is a lot more enjoyable than your last one! Is Jimmy's training going well? He sounds like an angel! There is a new picture of Madison posted on my picture trail. It was taken a couple of weeks ago. Yay! I can't wait to hear what you think of BBC! I love it! I haven't done the non-treadmill cardio, though. I just did the weight sections and the treadmill. It was tough!

Kristi - The pictures are adorable! You guys make a beautiful family! Have fun on your ladies getaway! That would be fun! Great job on your half!

Gayle - Great job on your half, too! Great time! Wow1 The trip to DC on the bus with the kids brings back memories and sounds like a lot of fun!

Wendy - Hope you get some rest! My DH and I were just talking about how we used to go out to dinner, etc on week nights and it never effected us. Now.....it's a different story. Hope you get your run in and get some energy..and sleep!

Carole - I love your thunderstorm! That is so cool! Enjoy your workout!

Sunny - I love your new avatar! It is beautiful!I downloaded 3 iBallet's last night. I have another credit and I was torn whether to get iScuplt, or another iBallet. I have a lot of ITread's, an iClimb, and iTri. Which iSculpt did you get and do you recommend that one?

I started running off and on around 15 years ago. Just off and on. My dad had a heart transplant in 1995 and when we were in counceling with him after the transplant, the doctor asked him what his goal was now that he had a new healthy hear. He said to run 5 miles. I guess I have always run for him. He passed away a year ago in January and I started running more to try to get through that and because of what he said after his surgery. He also had Parkinson's Disease, also. Anyway....that is my story about my running.

Hope everyone has a good evening! Madison is paging me
:7

Jackie - I love ABA! It is really a lot of fun! Great run! That was probably pretty tough after ABA and the DOMS!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.