::: CHEETAHS ::: Hump Day, 10/11

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Mornin', cheetahs...

Today is a rest day for me. Heavy meeting week at school this week, so I'd figured I'd plan a break smack in the middle.

Hope you all have great workouts!
Cathy :)

Good Morning cheetahs,

cathy- happy rest day!

wendy- how was chess last night?

carole- you've got me really thinking about the Iclimbs, lol

susan- i certainly don't like to be up at 4:30 but it's the best way for me to get everything i need to get in (esp. exercise) before getting to work at 8:30am.

today is MM for me.

have great workouts and a great day ladies!

Good Morning.

Cathy: Enjoy your rest day.

Sunny: Getting up at 4:30 every morning is sooo against everything I believe in! LOL You are my hero for being able to do it! What time do you go to sleep at night??? Chess was fun. Hubby beat me...as usual...I don't care though...I like the game. :)

Jennifer: A HILLY half!? OY! You are a brave one, girl!}(

morning,
I didnt get my run in before the games yesterday but made myself get on my treadmill at 10:00 lastnight. I only ran for 40minutes but varied it up. I ran anywhere from a 10min pace to a 8:06 pace and also slowed it down to 3.5 on 10% incline. also did my tricep and some leg work too.

I sure wish I could get myself to get up early again. I use to in the spring and summer but since it has gotten dark I am having such a hard time. It doesnt help that I am staying up until midnight though. I need to work on setting a schedule again. I told my husband this morning, I just want to sleep in and not have to worry about getting up fr work. Yeah, I am wishing!!! I need to pay the lottery more often,maybe I would get lucky!!!wishful thinking I know!!!

hope everyone has a nice day!!

Good morning everyone!

Cathy - Hope you enjoy your rest day! I like them smack in the middle of the week, too! I usually end up taking Monday, though, cause I find it so hard to get up early on Monday morning :+

Sunny - I have to get up between 4:00 and 4:30 a.m. in order to get my workouts in, too. I have to be at work at 8:00. I would love to be able flip flop them and do it in the evening. But too many things pop up and I guess I am so used to it like this that it is hard to switch it.

Wendy - glad you enjoyed the chess. I used to play when I was little. But I have not played in at least 30 years!! I probably would not remember how! :-(

Laura - Good for you on getting on the treadmill at 10:00 p.m.! Goodness! I hear ya on wanting to be able to sleep in and not have to worry about getting up for work! I am soooo tired of it!! :+

This morning I did a 4.5 run on the treadmill with CC#5 and PLB.

HOpe everyone has a great day!

Linda

Wendy - That would be cool if we did our first HM around the same time! I seriously doubt if I will be ready in November, like I wanted to be. :-( So, since I will probably be spending "most" of the time on the treadmill in the winter (maybe 2 days a week outside), my serious training outside may have me doing mine by spring! So...we still may be on the same type schedule! That would be great!

Jennifer - a HM with lots of hills! Youch! I figure the ones around here would have lots of hills, too..I guess. But I would like to find a flat one :+

Linda

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I am sure if I dropped a few lbs, my bunions would be less painful. The new shoes yesterday were nice though, no aching after. Enjoy your rest day.

SunnyD...oh the iClimbs! Well, they are quite fun...:)...have fun with MM.

Wendy...yes the Elliptical workout Mon was very evil...that is cool you and DH play chess. I used to with my Dad..

Laura...wow!!! I can't believe you can workout at 10 at night....I'm usually asleep!

Linda...good workout. I am sure much better working out in the morning. I think sleeping in for me is 5:30 instead of 5!!!

Susan...what are you kids going to be for Halloween? For S&H...start out light with the weights until you get the count down as it takes more concentration than any of Cathe's other weight workouts IMO!

Christine...a stead state iTread sounds good. Playing it by ear as how you feel this week is good...:)

Jennifer...WOW...another half in 2 weeks....a tough cheetah!!

I am planning on S&H Shoulders, bis and tris, abs and then a 5 mile tempo run. Hope it isn't as windy as yesterday!!

Have a great day...:)

Good morning Cheetahs--

It's rainy here in Michigan -- the inside of the house is gray -- but I am feeling good. Did an Aquajock step mish mosh and it was so nice just to do something new. Then I did the Upperbody premix on HSTA -- also had a nice fun factor for me.

Cathy- rest day is well deserved after your GS workout last night. Enjoy!

Sunny -- the early a.m. thing is always love-hate for me. I like to get the workout out of the way, but it takes a lot of arranging to get to bed early enough, etc. to make it happen. I always feel it's worth it, though, but sometimes it doesn't happen. I have iClimb 7-9 and like 8 & 9 a lot. Definitely pushes me harder on the elliptical than I would do on my own -- but that's true for me with all exericse. I need the push...

Laura -- good job on squeezing in the TM. I'm thinking of getting a Garmin. Any advice? I saw an ad for the 305 in Runners World - is this the one you have or is it the 301? The early a.m. thing is so dependent on the bedtime -- which is hard to control with kids' activities.

Wendy-- Wendymeister...the half marathon lady. Go for it! I think it's a great idea. I kept doing Hal Higdon plans for increasing distances (5k, 10k, 10 miles, etc.) until I felt my body could handle the 1/2-marathon training. I am completely sure you can do a half if you can make time to train for it. Kids and life come first though. Right now I feel grateful to get any workout in at all and could not do 1/2 training, but would like to do another at some point.

Linda-- Good job getting a run in and PLB. That's a tough combo. How do you like CC? I bought some iClimbs and like them, but purchased one iTread and didn't like it as well.

Christine-- you are recovering so well from your half -- and thanks for those recipes on Open Forum. I copied them both down. How is DH's DOMS today? Roomba did a lot of work over the weekend. My DH is feeling triumphant.

Carole -- any advice for me about buying a Garmin? I have a 201 I bought 2-3 years ago that doesn't work at all because of trees where I live. What workout are you doing today?

Judy-- is it a run day for you today?

Elaine-- how are you feeling after the marathon? I'm so happy for you!

Shelly--Where are you at in your marathon training plan? What week are you on and what lies ahead? How did your patio turn out?

Hi to other CHeetahs coming by later: Katrina, Colleen, Kim, Jess,, and everyone else. Have a great day!

Barb
:) :)

Barb....we posted at the same time! Aren't A-Jocks mish moshes fun. Her thanksgiving one about killed me last year!!! As for the Garmin, the newer 205 & 305 are supposed to have increased sensitivity around trees. So they track better. I got the 305 for about $274 so checking for prices online is the best as the usual price for the 305 is $350.

Carole --Posting at the same time again! too funny,
Thanks for the Garmin info. I will look on line for best prices...I have an Amazon coupon to use, so I will cost-shop!
-Barb

Hey Ladies:) Getting ready for work, thought I'd check in while I have a minute. My ankles are still feeling pretty trashed so I haven't run since Sat. Sunday I went for a long bike ride incorporating most of my long runs into a cycling montage:) We had Thanksgiving this weekend so I need to get back on track. This morning I did the step only mix on CW the B-Max power circuits. I finished with about 30 minutes of yoga for hips and hams.
I put up an avatar from race day, not my best shot but I am very happy to put my face up. Honestly I clean up very well :+

Christine and Elaine, congratulations on your accomplishments last weekend!!! I'll have to catch up with what I've missed when I'm on a break this afternoon.

Hello to all!!

Take Care
Laurie:)

Laurie!! I like having a face to the name now! I like the pic and great smile....I kinda thought you'd have one...:)

Good Morning Cheetahs!!

I have S&H Bi’s and Tri’s on my agenda. Then it will either be a short easy road run or a 3 mile trail run. I’m thinking trail run. I don’t want to do too much, but I figure I may as well trail run this week before I'm up before dawn to get to work on time... x(

Cathy – Enjoy your rest day and good luck at the meetings!

Sunny – Enjoy your MM workout, and yes, I understand the not LIKING to get up that early, but that it has to be done! Next week I’ll be an early bird like you.

Wendy – Glad your chess game went well!

Laura – I have a tough time in the dark as well. But I could NEVER run at 10PM. I’d be asleep on my treadmill. And we’re another family who has fond hopes of winning the lottery… :p

Linda- great workout! What time do you start work? You get a lot in in the AM – I’m hoping to be able to do that, too.

Carole – thanks for the advice. Decided to sub a trail run as I have not been running trails for a while and Tucker wants to run in the woods. I’ll do the steady state Friday.

Barb – Hey as long as ROOMBA is working and you don’t have to – eh? That’s great. My DH is doing a lot better today. He’s the one who is pushing to run another half. Go figure. AND he’s planning on taking up running again, heaven help me! :eek: I like the outdoor iTreads. I’m not a big fan of the indoors.

Laurie!! Glad you’re still with us – we missed your posts!! And nice “seeing” you! What a great smile!! Thanks for the congrats. Hope your ankles feel better soon.

Hello ladies,

I was going to run a 6.6 miler with my hubby, but this sciatica is bugging me again. I think I will do a flat 4 miler instead and then legs and glutes standing portion. I was going to do Slow and heavy legs, but don't know if my legs are up for it. I keep reading that sciatica usually goes away on its own, so I am hoping that is true. I hate going to the doctor for stuff like this. Anyway, I hope I can a good workout it.

Cheetahs, do you guys get antsy on the days that you don't work out. I am starting to think I need to add a little variety in my life. I get so obsessed with getting my workouts in everyday that I can't really think of anything else until that is done. I am wondering if maybe I need to take a week off and try to refocus on life. Any thoughts? Okay, some personals now.

Cathy, Enjoy your rest day and I read in the other forum you recently lost 25-30 lbs. That is quite an accomplishment!

Sunnydelite, I am amazed at people that can get up that early and workout. Good for you for being so disciplined. Enjoy Muscle Max!

Laura, I remember when I used to hop on my treadmill or put a tae bo video in as late as 10:00. I used to really enjoy working out in the evenings. But, ever since I have had children I am completely worn out by 8:00. Great job getting your workout in. I am right there with you about getting up early and working out, not for me
:)

Linda, I have the cardio coaches and have not used them in awhile. I need to get back into that. Great workout!

Carole, My 7 and 6 year old girls are both going to be rabbits. It is the first year they are not being princesses. My 4 year old is going to be a princess from the movie 12 dancing princesses. They are all very excited. Thanks for the tip on Slow and Heavy. I always try to match Cathe, but in this case maybe I better not
:)

Barb, that sounds like a fun workout. I have never done just the upper body portion of HSTA...hmm. Where in Michigan are you? My sister lives in Holland and I was born in Grand Haven. I love that area.

Laurie, Carole is right, what a great smile! And, what a fun workout. I have to say I am such an all or nothing gal. I have to do the whole workout on a tape. I love that you added some yoga in there at the end. I really have to get back into that more. I never had any injuries when I did yoga on a regular basis.

Christine, have a great workout and what time of day are you going to be working out when you start going to work? Are you excited about going back to work? You better not forget about us cheetahs when you do, we would miss you:)

Hello to everyone else.

Jess, I miss you and hope you are doing well.

Susan

Just a quick check in to let you know that I'm home. It was a very tough weekend, but with all of my family around it was wonderful. My brothers & SIL were both able to fly in so that was just fantastic. They are both flying back out this morning. And I think one of the harder things to deal with is that my brother Scot will be leaving for Iraq soon (he's not even sure exactly when...) for 6 mos.

Beautiful visitation & funeral with lots of friends & family. People were so generous bringing over wonderful food to my Mom's, Uncle's, Aunt's, etc. We all got together at my Uncle Bill's house every night for dinner (they have a big house so we could all gather there), which made things so much easier. It was strange to be eating there w/out Grandma in her usual spot though... (that's where we have a lot of holiday meals)

Anyway, I've been an emotional mess the last couple days & seem to have caught a cold so I'm coughing up a storm now. I did walk on Mom's treadmill & do KickMax once (at 9PM on Sun night!). I didn't eat enough, just too busy doing other things & not much appetite.

So many more details that I can't even begin to talk about yet..... I have been crying over every little thing so far this morning. We overslept & didn't wake up til 8:15!! So the girls were a little late to school, but they needed some rest. They were soooo good the whole time, I was super proud of them. It's going to take a few days to catch up around here though!

OK, thanks for thinking of me & I'll check in again later!

Good morning cheetahs! Beautiful cool weather lately....I just love this time of year. I think fall is by far my favorite season. It feels so invigorating to me. I ran 3 miles yesterday and felt okay during it but later my groin was aching bad:( It was so discouraging. However, today it's feeling quite good. I did HSTA and did the step ups with no problems. I plan on an hour on the elliptical and tomorrow will go for another run and see how it goes.

SunnyD- Hope you had a great time with MM. I love that one. I work nights (I'm an RN) and one of the advantages is that it isn't difficult to get in workouts at a comfortable time. It is hard waking up early when it's cold and dark!

Linda- Sounds like you had a good challenging workout today with your CC and PLB. You probably got yourself some legs of steel!

Carole- I didn't catch up with yesterdays posts (I was working) but I gather you have some new Sauconys? Are they for running or crosstraining? I just love mine.....love the roomy toebox! I guess it would help with bunions. I have a friend who calls her bunion "Paul". When I see her I ask how is Paul today :p (dumb I know!) Anyway, have a great tempo run today. I still havent healed enough to tackle any speedwork yet :(

Barb- Hi there! Sounds like you had a great mishmosh workout today!
I've started over with a marathon plan again and am on about the 3rd week but I've been modifying alot with my groin injury. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll be back on track and able to progress without modifications. I'm about half way done on my patio and after I'm through here it's off to Home Depot to buy the rest of my materiels.
I should have it done this afternoon.

Laurie- Love your avatar pic. I'm with Carole....it's always great to see a face to go with the name. Especially a smiling HEALTHY pretty face like yours!

Christine- Your vacation playtime is almost over! Hope you have a fun time with your trail run today!

Susan- Sorry the sciatica is flaring up again :( But all in all it sounds like your dealing well with it. Take care!

Time to get moving. Hi to all who I missed. Happy running!

ShellyC

Hi there Jess! Nice to have you back and posting! Sounds like you've had some great family time but emotionally exhausting! It will be good for you to be home again and back into a comfortable familiar routine again! Hope you defeat this virus soon!
Take care!

ShellyC

Jess,
It is great to hear from you. I am so sorry for your loss and your brother going to back to Iraq. You have had a lot to deal with lately. I hope you feel better(BIG HUG) and please take care of yourself. We miss you. Take Care.

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.