::: CHEETAHS ::: Holly Jolly Sunday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning & happy Sunday, everyone! http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/smileluva.gif

I’m really surprised that so many families give their vegan relatives a hard time. I thought it was just my knuckleheaded clan. What ever happened to “live and let live”? Your choices don’t affect them, so what is the big deal? *shakes head* I can see why avoiding functions might be easier than listening to the squawking. But I hope those of you accustomed to the grief get a break from it this year!!

Judy :: hope you enjoyed your yoga day…sounds good right about now. Is today a break-in-the-BOSU day?? Can't wait for you to try it. :)

Carole :: hope your TV was fixed!

Sunny :: how were the b’day festivities?
Christine :: wow, that *is* funny about the soothsayer’s predictions…*lol* We've got plenty of http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/nutssmiley.gif in our family fruit cake, too!…Glad Dad made it in OK and you’re enjoying your time together. I remember you talking about the condo before, but I forget what the deal was with that. Is it an investment property?…So glad the achilles is on the mend...Oh, and count me among the mules!

Wendy :: good for you showing self-restraint around the cookies! Fresh-baked out of the oven are hard to resist! Then again, I’m mush for the raw cookie dough, too. :)

Lorie :: how was the GTG?…IA ‘bout the insomnia not being an issue when we’re off…I woke up at 3 this morning...but no big deal...I'll just nap later...I saw Juno yesterday afternoon as well. Two thumbs up!

Jackie :: Cathe makes it hard to stray to other instructors, doesn’t she?…once in awhile a break is nice, but that’s about it for me…IA about Angelou…so wise…and such beautifully-crafted language…she is the kind of writer who makes me pause, sit with the words, and just let them resonate…OK, I’m gushing in literature geek mode—let me stop. :)

Shelly :: glad you enjoyed your new duds on yesterday’s run…that is right, you told me before you don’t have a Dick’s near you but a Big 5. I do not know why I typed that…mental lapse!…:)…Anyway, I'm glad you scored some new gear...that always gets me giddy! :)...We are going to Winter Park, CO from the 26th until the 30th/31st. Wow! You've got a 19 lb. cat! And this one sleeps ON you?

Wendi :: Congrats on the excellent showing!…Sounds like you are workin’ like a beast, woman! All the way up to the end!…Hope you were able to get a good night’s rest…try not to stress…Think thoughts of “Serenity Now!” (Seinfeld alert! Oh, how I love Mr. Constanza!)…can you delegate some of the duties to SO?

Kristi :: glad you’re lovin’ the BOSU. It's great, ain't it?...Enjoy your run today.

OK, I think that catches me up on the personals front. *Waves a friendly hello* to everyone else. :) :) :)

I need to run out early (beat the crowds) for a couple of last-minute trip items I hadn’t thought of. Later, it’ll be 4DS CST (love that one!), a leg mishmosh of some kind, and either an outdoor run or an EXT workout. I should try to get some abs in on the BOSU. Oh, and pull-ups, too! Holy moly! Send me some *Shelly vibes*, please!!! :) *lol*

Have a wonderful day, friends!
http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/topstar.gif

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/stockingsmiley1.gif

Good morning holly cheetahs:7

cathy- bday was very nice. ds had a great time!! thanks for asking:) enjoy your super-shelly workout today and happy shopping. oh btw, i got a compliment yesterday, my hair dresser told me my face is really clearing up. i don't believe it but it was very nice to hear.

wendy- so how many brownies did you eat? did you enjoy the light show.

jackie- thanks!! i love that iclimb. i only did it once but it is a super fun one.

judy- so happy for you re: your bosu!! let us know what you think of it.

shelly- my sis started out with cathe (and she likes her) however she is more of a gym rat, lol.

kristi- thanks. i know what you mean. it's so nice to have visitors but with all of the prep work it makes it hard to get other things done. oh well we fit in our workouts when we can, even if it's just 20 mins!

wendi- nice to "see" you. you were missed!

today me and sis are going to the gym to work legs...oh ladies say a prayer because she works legs pretty hard and i haven't done heavy legs in a while:eek: }( :7

hello to all who follow....

ttyl....:)

Good Morning Catheites.

*hangs head in shame* I know I never got back here y'day to do personals AGAIN! I'm sorry girls. I'm usually not such a busy bee. I guess I don't know how to handle it!:p

Cathy: Wow, you have alot planned for your work out today. I hope you get it all in! So how long is winter break from school and is it TRULY a break for YOU too? :) What time do you leave for Colorado on Wednesday? Have fun girl! This appears to be an annual trip for you and this group of friends. How nice! :)

Sunny: So your sister works out? Is she a trainer too? I hope your legs survive. I'm sure they will! ;)

Well, as the day progressed y'day I didn't end up being quite as good on the baked goods front as I had started out. The brownies are to die for so I definately ate waaay too many of them. I also had another cookie or 2 while I was at it!:eek: }( :9 I didn't gorge and make myself sick or anything but I definately ate more then I should have. Oh well! Tis the season! Right ladies? :7

So the light show was okay. It costs $15.00 per car and then my mom paid $3.00 for a bag o' popcorn for the little guy. It took about 40 minutes to drive through. It was very crowded. Joey enjoyed it but we adults were expecting something MUCH more impressive. Oh well. Live and learn. On the way there though, I was looking down the side streets at the Christmas lights and this one house caught my eye so on the way back we stopped to look....

OH MY GOD! I would have rather paid the $15.00 to these folks then for the light show we saw! INCREDIBLE! Thier house and all of thier property was decorated with lights and blow up figures and other figures and someone that lived there was outside dressed up like Santa Claus! They let you walk on to the property to check everything out and then someone took a pic of Joey with Santa and told me he'll email copies for free! He does it for fun! Joey also got a candy cane from Santa and ofcourse he told him what he wanted for Christmas. He wouldn't sit on his lap though so the pic was taken with Grandma sitting next to SC and Joey on HER lap. Still very cute. I can't wait to see the actual pics. He snapped off like 4 shots! INCREDIBLE! I wish we had a camera with us to take pics of the house. Perhaps I will have DH take me back there today!:D

So today's scheduled work out is yoga but I am also feeling like cardio after y'day's baking fest and I will be eating chinese food for dinner tonight as well. We are going to my mom's to exchange gifts early to make things easier on Christmas Day when we all go to my sister's house. She has 6 kids we are exchanging with so there will already be MORE THEN ENOUGH gifts to be opened that day! LOL So anyway, we are having dinner at my mom's tonight as well and I suggested she not cook so we are ordering in Chinese. YUMMY!:9 So I'm not sure what cardio I'll do...perhaps I'll get over to the gym for a run...perhaps not. I'll see what happens and what I feel like doing later.

K, I've babbled on waaaaay long enough! Let me get this novel posted and then I'll do my best to catch up on the personals!

BBIAB!:7

Hi Cheetah Friends :)

Sunny- Happy (belated) Birthday to DS#1 !!! You are a sweet Mom to make his day so special!! Did you survive leg day with Your Sis?

Wendy- That house sounded fun with Santa and the decorations. :) Did Joey get involved in the baking or just sampling? No worries about the sweets~ as you say "tis the Season!"

Kristi- So what BOSU workouts do you use most ? I tried the one that came with the BOSU yesterday just to get acclimated. The abs were harder than I expected.

Cathy- I did play around with the BOSU yesterday (see above) I have also been previewing the Gay Casper BOSU DVD while on my steady state TM runs.

Shelly- You did well to get that run in even though you slept a bit later. So you picked out some decent cold weather gear? I am amazed at a 19 pound kitty! Or big guy is 13+ pounds and the vet call him a linebacker, he is not fat; just big.

Carole- Did the TV issue get resolved? Have a nice long run & stretch today. I did stretch max instead of yoga yesterday, and it wasn't quite enough in the hip area. More hip openers were needed.

Wendi- Congratulations on the successful show :) I hope you don't go into to overdrive with all the catching up at home! I second Cathy's suggestion~ serenity now~ In fact we all could use it!

Today is DH an mine wedding anniversary, 24 years! :):):)

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I have always thought the reason some got bugged by vegans or even vegetarians is due to ignorance. So I might have to jump on the HUGE soapbox and enlighten if things don't go so well...:D..I have NEVER given anyone a hard time about them eating meat, well, except if it was SCRAPPLE!!!!!...http://smilies.sofrayt.com/eng/tease2.gif[/img] yes the Satelitte boys showed up and tuned my local channels in much better. You do have a tough workout planned....sending Shelly vibes your way...:)

Sunny...The reason I have a dish is because of of cable always going out! I watch WAY too much TV!!! I hope you survive the killer leg workout...(I love those!)

Wendy..with all that baking yesterday, I think having some would be hard to avoid!! Yes, tis the season...WOW...that one house sounds awesome! I bet the pics will turn out great...Cardio sounds like a good idea. Enjoy the Chinese food...:)

Judy...http://www.emotihost.com/glass19/2.gif[/img] Congrats on 24 years!! Yes the TV, actually Satelitte got fixed. I guess it had been like that for awhile and my DH had not told me, but I don't watch our local channels that much until football. Now they should work better.

Christine...I don't think you would have much problem keeping up with me. I have gotten a little speed back but not much...:)...Actually my favorite, cutest FB player of all time is Howie Long...no others compare at all...:D. How nice your Dad is here. Glad he was not delayed very long. The champagnery sounds yummy...I hope you all have fun in Napa...:)...Good job with the run and no achilles pain.

Lorie..I woke up at 3 again! But luckily went back to sleep. Good job with the iTread yesterday.

Jackie....LOL, I don't like cranberry or dumplings! Sounds like you had fun with the iClimb.

Shelly...good job on the new running stuff to keep you warm! WOW...a 19 lb cat? Glad you got a burst proof ball. Hope you had fun working out with Barry...:)

Wendi...I did the major cleanmax yesterday too...Glad to hear the horse show went well.

Kristi...hope you get in your long run. So do you travel far for the holidays?

Well...I ended up not workout out yesterday. I shopped for a few things and then came home and cleaned my house! I know with my hip/thigh issue rest days are important and it has always been hard for me to take them. So today I am going to do MM Sho, bi's & tri's, 20 min on my EXT and then run for as long as I can...then come home and stretch!!!

Have a great day...http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/hol/snowglobe1.gif[/img]

wendy- glad you enjoyed the light show and the brownies}( . my sister is a trainer and a fitness instructor. it's great to have fitness in common with her. i am hoping one day she will relocate to nc.

judy- awww, thanks. i barely survived:eek: :p HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

carole- you snuck in on me. leg day was hard esp. after not going heavy for awhile so i know i will be in pain tomorrow. not complaining though..;o)

we did legs and abs and i am already feeling it. i know i won't be able to walk tomorrow. it was tough but alot of fun we both took turns leading the workout. can't wait for tomorrow!

Shelly – Glad you got to sleep in yesterday! Nice to run all toasty warm! Good for you. What a thing to tell a 16 year old! Glad it was wrong! Funny that my aunt was more accurate than your palm reader. I guess she’s the family “soothsayer” for a reason. :p

Wendi – we’ve missed you too!!! Glad the horse show went well and your horse won a couple of classes and was reserve champion! Wow! Hope you got done what you needed to get done!

Kristi – I’m with you on the constant food and challenge to exercise. I hope you get in your run! I’m lucky in that I’m home for the holidays, and my dad is needs hip replacement surgery so he’s content to sit and wait for me to workout in the mornings before we do anything.

Cathy – I don’t know why relatives feel they have the right to boss everyone around. It’s weird. I agree with you – live and let live. Dad is enjoying his time, and I’m enjoying having him here, although I have to get DH outside – he’s being very nice and thoughtful for my dad, and he’s getting stir crazy! The condo is an investment property through Westin – we own the condo, but they furnish it and take care of it – and we pretty much split the profits from renting it out. And we get to use it 30 days a year. It’s in Napa and should be ready this year. I still say a GTG in Napa at my condo is called for. There’s a running path right out the door! *Sends energy vibes* :p

Sunny – I hope your survive your leg day! Glad DS’s birthday was nice and he enjoyed it! Enjoy your DOMS!

Wendy – This time of the year is typical for being busy. No worries! Too funny about the brownies – it’s okay! You’ll work ‘em off today. We have a light show like that – the kids like it, but it’s kind of hokey. We did it one year. It was nice. Oh, how fun for that house, though! Enjoy your workout – what ever you decide.

Judy – http://www.sevenoaksart.co.uk/images/annitext.gif Hope it’s a happy one! All of this celebration for you this week! How fun! 24 years is wonderful!

Carole – I’m with you on the scrapple – that’s a meat-by-product – not meat! But I do agree that one’s eating preferences should be their own, and not open to scrutiny. Thanks! I so enjoyed running again. I am going to increase mileage SLOWLY for my 10.6 miler in April. So you did CleanMax instead of IMax, yesterday. That’s still a workout. Enjoy your workout and stretch!

I’m not 100% sure we are going to Napa today as DH suddenly remembered that the Pats game was on and if he’s not there to cheer them on, they may not beat the Dolphins. So we’ll see. We post pone the trip ‘til Wednesday to Thursday. Which is fine – the party to which we were supposed to go is hosted by our friend who believes in the “Work Hard, Play Hard” motto, and always walk away from his parties feeling like I was assaulted by wonderful food and too much drink. :p

Got a phone call from one of DD14’s friends. Her birthday is on Friday, and her friends want to come over, decorate the house and then have a surprise party. DD14’s BF will be taking her out for a bike ride while this happens. How sweet!!! So we will be overwhelmed with teens this Friday. :p

No idea what workout I’m going to do. I really should take a rest day, but I know I’ll take one on Christmas, so I’ve been pushing through. I should go lighter today. Maybe I’ll do CS&T’s from 4DS and LIS. That sounds like a plan. We’ll see.

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning cheetahs! I wish you all a very healthy and happy Sunday as we all rush around with last minute Christmas related chores. I spent yesterday afternoon wrapping mostly:) I got in BBC Arms&Abs but was too wiped out to do the cardio portion:eek: and did the stability ball core work from B&G instead.

Cathy- LOL about the "shelly vibes"... I could use some myself but sending you whatever I got in reserve:7 :) :) I do remember now you taking this ski trip last year. I sure hope it's a great R&R for you... you deserve it! I have to admit I would go vegetarian myself but I don't want to deal with the hassle from DH and other assorted family. I never eat meat when preparing for just myself.

Sunny- I'm smiling at the picture of you and your sis at the gym.
I bet you turned some heads!!!

Wendy- I'm amazed at the lengths some people go through with their outdoor Christmas decorations. Those people you described really went for it all!!! It's a struggle for me just to get the tree up! Hope you get in a good sweaty cardio session today.

Judy- DH and I found Rio (our 19 lb kitty) as a kitten on the banks of a local river... someone had dumped him. He's not fat either, just HUGE and he has more spots really then stripes even tho I call him a tabby. We think he has alot of Bengal in him.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! My goodness, we have lots of cheetahs who are happily married to the same person for a lot of time.... how boring! (lol)

Carole- You are so practical minded I'm surprised you find it difficult to take a rest day, but I'm glad you did! How about doing yoga/stretching/ or core work on your "rest day" once a week?

Kristi- did you get your long run in? Where are you travelling to on Christmas eve?

Wendi- Congratulations on your successful horse show! You always make me feel like such a slug when I read your posts!!! I don't know how you fit it all in.

Time to get a move on here! I just found out that my niece and her DH and kids will be in town on Christmas so I need to go out for some last minute shoppingx( For now I'm headed down to the basement for some PLB and later a good sweaty hour on the EXT!

ShellyC

Hi Christine! posting at the same time I see today:7 I think that is awesome that your DD's friends are doing that for her!! It'll be a memory she treasures I'm sure! Have a good 4DS workout!

ShellyC

Shelly - didn't see you sneak in there! DD14 has been a little down lately, so I'm thrilled with what her friends are doing. It's so very sweet. Thanks! Have fun shopping! You were too wiped? Did Cathy borrow all of your energy? :p Rio sounds like a sweetie - I love big ole kitties! I miss my kitties!

I need to buy a gift for an almost 7 year old boy - any ideas anyone? I'm thinking possibly about a computer game or something - but it would have to be educational and fun - his mom is very picky (which is good!).

Okay girls. I am going to try the personals thing one more time! If it goes kablooey on me again then I quit until tmrw!:p

Lorie: How did your Cath GTG go? Did you make it to Costco and the movies as well?

Cathy: Thanks for the bosu link! ITA that I think it's terrible that vegan/vegatarians get a hard time. To each his own, I say. Why does it matter to me if you don't eat meat!?!? People are just generally too much into everyone else's business I think.

Judy: How was your yoga work out y'day? Joey did not help bake. We had him sitting in the kitchen watching a movie on the portable dvd player while we baked. He did a great job of sampling though!:)

Carole: Is your reception better w/your direct tv now? Loved your scrapple smiley btw!:7 Nobody should give you a hard time for being vegan. They have no right. I think it's a really cr@ppy thing to do. ;(

Jackie: Glad you enjoyed BiClimb yesterday. So are you all ready for the holidays?

Shelly: The first time I posted personals this morning I had asked you if you did the Arms and Abs cardio but now I see that you did not. It's a toughie and you did enough. I don't blame ya for not doing it. "Woke up at 0800 Usually the assorted critters laying on top of me wake me up much sooner than that!"--That made me ROTLMAO! Exactly how many "critters" do you have laying on you at any one time? :7

Kristi: We travel every Christmas because our home is too small to entertain. It makes for a long tiring couple of days, doesn't it? It's fun though!:7

Sunny: I think I ate about 4 brownies and 4 cookies y'day...if not more!!!!:eek: So is your sister considering relocating to NC one day?

Christine: OMG your DD's friends are sooooo sweet! No one ever did that for me when I was 14!

Okay, I'm as caught up as I can now.

You can be sure I am going to copy this post before I hit "post message". I REFUSE to lose it again!!!!:eek:

ETA: Ofcourse!!! I am prepared to avert disaster this time and it posts just fine!x(

hi holly, jolly cheetahs!

i dont have time to post personals right now. i slept in a bit, then spoke to my girlfriend in new york for a long time, then had to get my workout in because a friend of mine is coming over (in about 10 minutes) and we are going to grab lunch then do some last minute shopping. i don't have much to do. nothing really but some little extras, so i don't mind the hustle and bustle and business.

anyway, wanted to post my w/o (it always makes me feel good when i do that!). today was IMAX2 (it is just so much darn fun!!!) and PUB. i have a feeling i am going to be verrrrry sore from PUB since i really haven't done a lot of weight work.

anyway, off to lunch and shopping! i hope you all are having a wonderful eve of christmas eve!!!

Sunny...that is so cool your sister is a fitness instructor. So, I think she worked your legs hard today...:)

Christine...thinking of scrapple almost makes me want to hurl!!! If you slowly increase mileage your achilles should be fine...that is way cool about DD14's friends. I bet your home will be busy friday...:)

Shelly...you are reading my mind as I have thought about Yoga or Pilates on my rest day..:)...Good luck with the last minute shopping and enjoy your long workout.

Wendy...yes, the reception is much better, the test will be when it rains again! Thank you for your support and since I am more vegetarian than vegan, I feel the comments should be way less...:)

Lorie...enjoy your lunch and shopping. Way to go with Imax2 and PUB!

I ended up running 6 miles without much pain...:D...Now watching football with my DH...

I’m back. Ended up doing Step-Boxing with Kathy Coffey-Meyer and 4DS CST and abs. Great little workout. I’m with Cathy – I LOVE 4DS CST. That’s going to become a new favorite. And I can already feel it! Wow!

Wendy – They worked! Good for you! And of course, it posted just fine – it’s Murphy’s law! I thought that was sweet, too. No one ever did that for me at 14 either! I made pancakes this morning (something I rarely do), so we all had a nice breakfast. DD14 was complaining about how her BF told her she was going for a bike ride at 10AM on Friday and told her she was not going to get out of it. I just grinned.

Lorie – I love IMax 2 as well. Enjoy your DOMS tomorrow from PUB! Sounds like a good time shopping with your friend. Sometimes the hustle and bustle is fun.

Carole – I’m with you on the scrapple. ICK! My dad LOVES it, but he won’t get it in THIS house! :p I was a little leery about going from 1 to 3 miles, but I took it slow, and enjoyed it. I’m feeling pretty good today. Glad your hip handled the 6 miles without much pain! My dad is getting a hip replacement in January due to arthritis. I hope to avoid the same fate! Which is one reason I do the Magically hips section of Yoga for Happiness so often. Hey - what’s going on with the Raider’s? Warren Sapp was ejected from the game? They are playing not-so-nice today!

Hi Cheetahs!

Back real quick to report that my work out is done.

I opted for Kickmax kickbox/bootcamp challenge (50 mins) and followed it up with Stretchmax #1 in lieu of yoga. I haven't touched KM or SM in ages so it was a great change of pace and a lot of fun. :)

I have to hit the showers now. We are heading to my mom's in just over an hour!:eek:

BBL or in the morning!:)

Also checking in quickly to report my workout...

[ul]
[li type=square]4DS CST
[li type=square]4DS KB core work on the BOSU
[li type=square]leg mini-mosh: GS Legs --> front lunge (2 sets on BOSU), DB plie squats (2 sets), leg press (1 set on BOSU), wall squats (1:15 both legs, 30 sec. single leg, 1:15 both legs, 15 sec. single legs)
[li type=square]pullups: 4 assisted
[li type=square]chinups: 4 assisted
[li type=square]20 min. interval cardio on the EXT @ 10 degrees (4 one-min. intervals)
[/ul]

I will be back later on for personals after I shower and eat something.

OK, cheetahs…time to catch up with my girls…:7

I’m showered up now and have a Layered Mexican Tortilla Casserole in the oven…

Sunny :: glad DS had a blast yesterday…that is AWESOME that your hairstylist noticed a difference. I’ll bet you start hearing more and more compliments. I’m SO happy for you… ‘cause I know what a miserable time you’ve been goin’ through…How’re the legs feelin’? DOMS set in yet?

Wendy :: do not *ever* stress about personals…write ‘em when you can…nobody’s keepin’ track here…*lol*…Yes, I did try to cram in a lot today, eh? Just trying to make up for some of the missed w/outs this week…I’m on break until 1/2…I do need to do some work when I get back from Colorado, but until then, I’m kickin’ back…I’ll be leaving about 1-ish on Wed. for a 4:40 flight…This is the 2nd trip out West for our group, but it probably will be the last for awhile since my friend and her SO plan to have a baby this year…Isn’t that something you paid $15 for the light show, and here the REAL deal was just down the street for FREE!! I really enjoy looking at lights, I realized the other night as I was driving home late…Just the tastefully simple ones. But of course, for little ones, lots of color and characters are fun...Oh yeah, I see the post monster’s been tormenting you today. Don’tcha hate that?

Judy :: Happy Anniversary!!!…Any special plans?…is the Gay Gasper DVD cardio on the BOSU? I’ve heard of her but have never done any of her workouts. *lol* about your linebacker.

Carole :: ugh on the scrapple! I dry heave just visualizing it…I know so little about football, but I actually know who Howie Long is, and IA, he’s a handsome guy. He hasn’t changed much over the years…Glad you made yourself take the rest day yesterday…stellar workout today!

Christine :: OK, now the condo situation is coming back to me…sorry for having you repeat it again…have fun playin’ hard tonight!! So sweet of DD14’s friends to plan her a surprise. My friends never did that for me, either. I guess things are going well with her BF…did you figure out a gift for the 7-year-old?...Yeah! Isn’t that CST premix awesome??

Shelly :: I was thinkin’ of all the cheetahs when I fought through those pull-ups and chinups. They seemed harder today. Hope your last-min. shopping went well & you enjoy your time with your niece.

OK, I had to pause to get the casserole out of the oven. Not bad. (Yes, I'm now alternating between typing and scarfing what's left of my dinner.) First time I tried this particular recipe. I didn’t have black beans, which the recipe required. I’d be sure to add those next time. So it was layers of tortillas, corn, stewed tomatoes, 4 cheeses, and cilantro.

Back to personals…

Lorie :: hope you & your friend had fun doing lunch & shopping.

OK, I think that catches me up.

Have a great night, all! :) :) :)

Hello Ladies! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day! I got in my long run today, 7 miles. :) :) I'm really happy about that especially since I have been doing Bosu workouts instead of running. My running will be picking back up the beginning of the year as I am training for my HM. In the meantime I am trying to get in some Bosu workouts. What use is a new toy if you can't enjoy it. :) :)

Wendy - Sorry to hear the light show was a disappointment. My MIL and I took the kids on Thursday to the one here. The cost was $15 per car load which included an indoor event which included a petting zoo, small trains, & Santa. I'm fortunate to work for an advertising agency. We got free passes to the outdoor and indoor show. However, we only took advantage of the light show. DS did not want to go inside so we went home instead. The house you went to sounds great. How nice of them to email you photos. I bet they will look great.

Judy - The Bosu DVDs I have are Rob Glick's Cardio Fusion, Candice Copeland's Core Synergy, Mindy Mylrea's Explode which includes Kelli Robert's Burn, and one more. Sorry I can't think of the name right now. Cardio Fusion is what I consider intermediate. It has a lot of familiar moves used during a regular step workout. It's still a good workout though because it can be done without having to learn a lot of new moves. Core Synergy is tough core work. I LOVE this one. It is challenging. Burn uses a body bar and bosu, but I used an unweighted barbell instead of body bar. It was okay, but will be better next time since I now know what to expect. Kelli doesn't do many reps. Explode I have not used yet, but I have previewed it. It is intense and also uses a body bar in addition to a Bosu. I can't wait to try it. Mindy is an instructor that likes to push you to the limits. I'm hoping to do that one this week. I'll let you know more after I do it.

Well, I need to get stuff ready for tomorrow. We leave for southern Indiana in the morning. It is only a 1 1/2 hour drive there so it's not that bad. However we will be there all day and probably won't get home til late. Then DH will need to put DD's "big girl" bike together. It is a 12" Disney princess bike. For some reason he doesn't want to put it together tonight. He is a procrastinator. Anyway, I'm glad that we will be home Christmas morning at our own house for a change. This is the first year ever. It will be so nice to watch the kids' surprise to see the presents under our tree. Then that afternoon we will be going to a neighbor's house for dinner. By the end of this Christmas season we won't want to see another ham until next Christmas.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas. I'll be back Christmas day to chat more and tell you all what my secret santa bought me. I'm so excited. It is under my tree right now. Sorry I can't get to everyone with personals. WAVES to all my cheetah friends!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.