::: CHEETAHS ::: have a Monderful day :)

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs!

For those of us on DST,
http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/mondaysmiley.gif

Monday is here a bit soon, eh? :)

I am home today and plannin' to make it a good one. Will be in NB mode all day. I've departed from the timesaver rotation and am just doing whatever I can for the next three weeks. If all I have is 20 minutes, that's what I do. If I can squeeze an hour, fine. It's reached that point in the NB process where that's what it is, and it has to be fine. So, I don't know what I'll do today in terms of a workout, but it'll be *something*. BTW, I expected to have some serious DOMS after yesterday's kb workout, but to my surprise, I don't. I also want to add that I am SO impressed with the heavy kb weights Sunny & Christine are tossing around. http://www.slipperorchidforum.com/forum/images/smilies/worshippy.gif I bow down to you ladies!!!! :7

All right, I'm caught up on personals except:

Wendi :: glad you had an UP day at work to make up for all the poo you put up with...congrats on a strong performance in the tourney!! I hope you can win yourself some serious coin. :)

Have a GREAT day today, friends!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

Good morning all! Hope everyone is off to a good start of the week.
I actually have some time to catch up with some personals this morning. Work started off mega busy but has mellowed since:)
I woke up early yesterday afternoon and was restless so I did a fun boxing workout put out by CIA that I hadn't done in a while. So TODAY will be my rest day! (really!) well... maybe I'll get in some core work... I've been neglecting that area lately.

DH got a fire lit under him and has been a whirlwind of productivity while I've been working and has gotten alot of packing and organizing done :7

Cathy- Wishing you a very fruitful and productive Monday! I'm amazed at all you got done yesterday considering you started with feeling like crud! So, only 3 more weeks of madness and then it is behind you?

SunnyD- Did you get in your yoga yesterday? I'm still waiting on my Pa RN license but I'm quite confident it will arrive in the next week or two. I also have the option of working temporarily in Maryland where I can practice with my current Az license.

Carole- Awesome job in getting thru that 8 miler.... especially having done that MM/EXT circuit the day before!!!! :eek: :eek: How do you feel today? How's the knee?

Christine- Back to the cycle today? Is the tire finally fixed. You must be having some major Spinerval withdrawals by now! Yes, going back to dealing with the time changes is something I do not look forward to. Working nights it seems like I always end up working the "fall back" nite.... 13 hrs!!! :eek:

Wendy- Okay, so NOW you officially start your Target boycott???;-)
this will be interesting......}( A TJ workout was a good option for you yesterday... those are FUN! Sorry I can't join you on your May 4 HM.:( However, I really enjoyed the Sheehan classic so I may go for that again this year... it's a nice course and they hand out very nice finisher medals!!

Wendi- I am so very happy to hear that you finally got a long deserved GOOD day:7 :7 :7 :7 Sounds like you are on a roll with the bowling there ace!!! Hope you have a great time with the leg blast today.

Hi Judy, Kristi, Jackie, Lori, Lorie!!! Hope I didn't miss anyone

later,

ShellyC

Hey Shelly! I'm glad things mellowed for you at work for tonight. Smiling at your "rest" day...I still have the crud but made up my mind to override it b/c, well, there's really no other choice. :7 I need to get 'er done!! Yes, in 3 weeks, the madness will be behind me. I still have to take an exam in June, but the pace will not be like this. And even if I don't achieve certification in November and have to re-do certain portions of the portfolio next school year, I won't have to deal with everything all at once, so THAT is a comforting thought!!

OK, just a little more downtime here before I hunker down...

HI Friendly Cheetahs~

I have been in mother mode and haven't been able to get here. Between DS20's surgery and resting and DS14's state hockey tournament and prom dress shopping with DD16, the weekend wss gone in a heartbeat!

But..... drum roll please.... DS14's hockey team won the New York State Boys U14 Championship and will be representing NY at nationals! The team did phenomenal! nationals are in NJ ( waves to Wendy) April 2-6.

gotta go for now. We had a celebration party here last night and it is time to get kids off to school now... hope to BBL!
[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

ugh...i don't know if it's the horrid DST or something else, but i think i have a bit of the crud (thanks, WT). i'm a bit stuffy but mostly i have a sore throat and tummy monkey and i just feel tired. i am debating taking the day off. i think i am also a little burned out mentally. anyway...i'll have to decide soon.

i didn't get on the computer hardly at all yesterday! it was weird not knowing what was going on with all of you! yesterday, i did a CC mish mosh consisting of CCPP, CC5, CC6 (candace) and CC7. it was 77 minutes and pretty tough. i picked a lot of the sprint challenges and made sure there was a steady state between each one. then, i finally got a chance to spend some time with eoin. i did the volume 1 workout. i really like it and it's different from YFH because he is teaching the class, not doing it. also, there are some different poses (i LOVE plow pose!).

anyway, maybe i can actually catch up on personals today. if i do stay home, i will still be doing work because i have to but at least i won't have to get dressed and go in. i *might* even work out at some point. it depends upon how i feel.

alright, gotta go catch up and find out what's going on with all of you!

Hi there Cheetah Babes!

My body is all messed up from this time change! Why we put ourselves through this torture I don’t know. I did get my bike fixed thanks for DD15’s BF, and will be doing Spinervals Enter the Red Zone with the VF’ers (including Brenda). Sad story - we had 3 cyclists hit over this weekend on a road where I ride often. 2 died. What’s so bad is that it was a police officer who hit them – the rumor is that he fell asleep at the wheel. One of the cyclist was a woman, an elite triathlete who had just taking up road racing and had won ever race she entered. She was an Olympic hopeful. Very sad. Most cars that cruise those roads are very respectful of cyclists as there are always a lot back there (it’s in the foothills of the Santa Cruz mountains and a really nice ride).

Cathy – good to see you! Enjoy (?) your day at home. Glad it’s only 3 more weeks of craziness. I’m chuckling at your kettlebell comment – a lot of kb’s is knowing the exact form. Once you get that, you can go heavier. And just a warning – you WILL drop a bell. I did yesterday doing a triple crush (bicep curl into an overhead tricep extension) – the bell just slipped out of my hands during the tricep ext. BANG! Ripped my yoga matt (I don’t wear shoes when I do kbs). I was just happy that Jimmy didn’t pick that time to come and investigate what I was doing! G

Shelly – Glad to hear you are having a better few nights. Hope it continues! *knocks on wood*. Way to go DH!!! Nice that’s he gotten a lot done. Yeah, I don’t blame you for not wanting to work a 13 shift. Enjoy your rest day!

Judy – YEAH!!!! WAY TO GO DS14’S HOCKEY TEAM!!! Sounds like you did have a crazy busy weekend! Hope DS20’s surgery went well, and DD16 found the perfect dress.

Lorie – Oh you poor thing! Sick on top of all the crazy hours you’ve been keeping! I think a day off would be good for you, mentally and physically. Stay and home and curl up with your pups! I have to work when I’m sick, too – but I agree – it’s much nicer night having to go in and being able to work in your pjs.

Have a great day all!

Good Morning Girls.

Cathy: I hope you get oodles of work done today! I'll be you can't wait for the end of this month! You gonna go out and celebrate when it's over with a 6 pack o' Coronas? :9 Good idea to drop the rotation for now. I for one know how frustrating it can be if you are constantly changing a rotation because life has gotten in the way of your routine. If you do what you can when you can then there will be no feelings Of guilt for not doing what was on schedule for that day. :)

Shelly: I'm glad to hear that DH is being so wonderfully productive! That doesn't happen to men that often. ;) In fact, that NEVER happens to MY DH!x( I was thinking of doing the doing the Sheehan myself this year. I missed running it with you last year so I'll probably go for it so long as I don't have something else I have to do that day. :)

Judy: Cograts to your DS on the hockey win! That is soooo AWESOME! So where in NJ are the nationals held? I didn't realize that DS20 was having surgery...or I forgot-mind like a sieve...I hope it was nothing serious.

Lorie: So what did you decide as far as taking the day off work today? Hope you feel better soon!

Christine: Sorry to hear about the cyclists. How terribly sad. :-( Things like that really hit home with me. They are freak accidents that can happen to anyone, anywhere, any time. Life really is precious. We can be here one minute, and gone the next. Enjoy Spinervals today!!!!!

Today is a gym day. I have a date with the TM. Not sure if I want do a long run in prep for the 10 miler or an Itread. I'll see what I feel like when I get there. I also have to do Abs/Core+ but will do that later on at nap time. :)

My child is upstairs screaming his fool head off yet when I go up there he will be all smiles. It's all an act! GRRRR! LOL

GTG get the screamer now!:p

BBL!:7

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...yep it does stink about the knee pain. I am not going to run for a few days. It does not hurt when I use the EXT. LOL about Satan/seitan...Seitan is a wheat protein and the quiche was yummy. Good job with the Iron Core workout yesterday...so....what are snatches??? I think I feel the DST the first day (I was beat yesterday!), and I love Mondays! I think that is a good idea not to follow any specific rotation right now, just do what you want. I hope you get lots of NB work done today.

Wendy...so no Target til Sept?? I cannot believe the temps got to 81 here yesterday!! And yes there is always yard work. DH has a riding mower which is nice for the lawns. Yes the quiche was good. I will try and take it easy with the knee and ICE! Enjoy your TM workout at the gym.

Wendi...can't wait to hear the funny story. Sounds like you bowled quite well in a place you normally didn't like!!

Shelly...that is great DH is getting stuff done! LOL about your rest day...:)..The knee is not sore now and I iced it yesterday. I might put off running for a few days. The pain was not constant but when it hit it was quite intense...:(...

Judy..Congrats to DS and his hockey team!!!

Lorie...hope the crud goes away soon! Good workout yesterday.

Christine...very sad news about the cyclists! We had an athlete killed on her bike last year. It was a road many runners and bikers use and someone in a big SUV veered and hit her. She survived a few days but soon died...always sad. Glad you got your tire fixed so you can get back to the Spinervals.

Today I might try another EXT leg circuit mish mosh and later 4DS shoulders and abs.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning all of you wonderful Cheetahs!

Cathy - Good luck with your NB mode today. Hope you make a major dent in it. Get those workouts in when and if you can. Lot going on for you.

Shelly - Enjoy your supposed rest day. Will you come and help me pack when you're all done? What a sweet DH you have there to get things done.

Judy - Congratulations to DS hockey team!

Lorie - Hope you feel better. Bet a day of rest would take care of that.

Christine - Glad you got your bike fixed. How horrible and sad about the cyclists.

Wendy - Hope you had a good gym workout. Joey knows how to get mom's attention, huh?

Carole - Sorry to hear the knee is giving you problems. How did the workout go today?

I have to work in my other office all week this week. That will take 30 minutes away from my workouts. So, I decided to go with the Timesaver workouts this week. I did Timesaver #1, stability ball abs from High Step Circuit and 12 assisted wide arm pull ups. DBF came bearing gifts this weekend. He brought me the Perfect Pushup. Bought one for himself and decided I needed to be punished along with him. Will definitely have to get use to using but I can feel the difference. Used it this morning doing push ups with Cathe.

Enjoy your day ladies!

Jackie

Hey quick check in again. I just did a 7 mile TM run steady state while watching Cardio Fusion for variety. Now I'm all clean and am off to food shop.

Cathy- I know you will be quite productive with your time being down to the wire. Good idea to not be married to a rotation just now...

Carole- What is this about your knee? Geesh I am very sorry. I am sending good vibes for you to nip this in the bud!

Wendy- don't worry about not remembering DS20's surgery. ( But thanks for mentioning so) He is going to be ok. :)

Wendi- yes!!!! for your good day!!! and fun bowling tournament! Hi five to ya!

Shelly- So you have a target move date! Great! Have any more properties come up that you might want to look at?

Jackie- thanks for the congrats for DS14; We are flying high here. The games (five of them) were quite intense!

Christine- How nice that the boyfriend wanted to help. I missed the cyclist accident. Was there on e by you? I am sorry to read such a tragedy

Lorie- I am sending you (((HUGS))) and get well wishes girlfriend! PS drink your water!

OK I seem to recall some of us are really paying attention to our clean eating... way to go and keep it up. I am with ya! In spite of the weekend craziness I did well with portions, 'lotsa' veggies/fruit and 'lotsa' water. Even at our party last night I limited my choices to two small squares of cheese pizza, and one glass of Champagne and a bottle of water.

Ok I really need to food shop now TTFN friends

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

I'm back from the gym.

I got a later start then intended which "forced" my decision on ITread or long run. I had no time for the long run this morning so I did ITread 23/40 for the first time. Good work out. I pushed it to runners' pace or as close as I could for a couple of segments.}( There is a lengthly walk up a big hill at the end of the work out that killed my average pace though. I hate when that happens. x( I was under a 10 min/mile average but thanks to the hill I ended up a bit above 10 min/mile average logging 3.93 miles in 40 minutes. Oh well. Can't win 'em all, right? :p

I just scarfed down a turkey and roasted red pepper wrap along with some red pepper slices dipped in hummus like it was NOTHING! I must have been HUNGRY! It was yummy too!:9

Time for the java...I'll be back in a few for personals.

Hey Cheetahs!

Cathy** Enjoy your day home! I read your post about the mens clothing...that was sooo funny! I think you really lightened up the situation cause Im pretty sure it would have turned sour! Everything seems to these days. Sometimes when I post things I wonder.."how is this gonna go over" I have to word everything properly and cover all angles cause if I dont someone will find fault in my post and pounce! BLAH!

Shelly** Glad to hear work is treating you o.k. So when is the big move?

Judy** Yeah for DS! He must have been so excited! Good job on your workout!

Carole** Enjoy your workout today, Im sure you will:)

Jackie** Enjoy your TS workouts!

Wendy** All they know how to do is act!;) Imagine if he were a she....geez..those girls really know how to put on a show! Last night DD wanted a color put in her hair b/c the old one was washing out. She said, "how does it look" I said, "I don't see much difference" Then she says " Oh thanks alot" LOL What are you suppose to say to that!?

Christine** The time change as me allll screwed up! Yesterday I could barely pull my lazy backside out of bed!

Lorie** HOpe you are feeling better soon!!!

I had a good time out Sat night. I only had 2 drinks but I could have stayed there most of the night watching "the show" Man, when your not drinking, you really get a good look at what came out from in under a rock! I don't know where these people come from but it was a like a twilight zone or something.
I did manage to get a 10 mile run in yesterday despite my energy level and I got in a early workout today. GS S&B, 3 mile run and 4DS BC. Im hoping to fit abs in later!

Ok....hope I didn't miss anyone!
Lori:)

Okay, I'm back though that was more then "a few". Heh heh. :p

Carole: Well ya know Target is a must at times for the occasional household or food item. Diapers too so I can't say I won't set foot in the store for 6 months but I will try my best not to shope for ME in there for 6 months!:) Glad the quiche was yummy last night! Enjoy 4DS! I'm considering cutting my X+ rotation short and giving 4DS a 4 week whirl before heading into NROL4W with the other ladies. }(

Jackie: Enjoy the perfect push up bars! They look great but I am just not willing to shell out the $$$ they are askin' for them. I need to save up for my future kettle bell collection. ;)

Judy: I would say I hope you had fun food shopping but I don't think that would make much sense! LOL Hope you are having a good day though! Nice run this morning. :)

Lori: ITA with what you wrote to Cathy. It has become very difficult to post in the O/F at times. You never know when someone will take offense at what you've written. UGH!x( Sounds like your DD is growing up!;)

Afternoon ladies!

DS's tummy turned out to be nothing. :) We were able to go to my fil's b-day celebration Sat. night. The kids always have fun playing with their cousins. Y-day was a whirlwind of a day and IA the DST did not help. This am everyone could have used a shot of expresso in my house. ;-)

Over the weekend, I ended up doing KenpoX+, but was having a really hard time getting my heart rate up, so I switched to KPC drills w/10 minutes to go and then tacked on KM blast. Overall, the calorie burn was just shy of 600! }( I added ARX that I missed from Friday and stretched. Today, was the start of week #3 w/P90X - C&B. I then did 30 minutes on the EFX. I've been in Cleanmax mode, but took a little break to catch up here.

I have only read today's thread, but hope to catch up.

Lori ~ What kind of show did you see? Way to go on the run after going out too!!! }(

Wendy ~ I know what you mean about the walking in the iTreads messing up your time. ;-) Your lunch sounds yummy. I had the rest of this Apple/Gorgonzola salad (Health magazine) for lunch I made over the weekend. :9 The shorts I described the other day did not have a cuff. I still haven't tried them on either.

Judy ~ Way to go for your DS!!! That is awesome! :) You had quite the weekend. Sounds like fun. Did your DD find a dress?

Jackie ~ I used the PP this morning too during C&B for the first round. It definitely felt harder. Is it supposed to? That's a bummer you have to cut your workouts 30 minutes. :(

Carole ~ Wow! 81!!!! The weather ppl keep saying it's going to be warmer this week. Today was not one of them, x( Oh well, there's a light at the end of the tunnel. So, you're having knee pain?

Christine ~ That's horrible about the cyclist. :( Do you wear reflective clothing when you're out?

Lorie ~ Sending healing {{{{{VIBES}}}}}.

Shelly ~ Enjoy your rest day! Will you actually take a full rest day??? ;-) Glad your dh caught the packing bug! :)

Cathy ~ How's the NB work mode going? I think you're being smart about your workouts w/your work load right now. It's only temporary. :)

Hi Sunny, Wendi, Posh, Linda, Kristi!

I'll try and read the other threads later.

Have a good one everyone!

hey ladies,

quickie post today i did p90x chest, shoulders and triceps.

shelly- no yoga for me yesterday.

jackie- those PP make a huge difference in push-ups.

sorry, gotta go will ttyl..:)

cathy- i knew you would like IC#2}( ;)

Jackie...I decided to just do my pain free e-cises this morning and workout this afternoon. Good workout and how cool DBF got you and he the perfect push-up!!

Judy...good job with the 7 miles. My knee started to twinge yesterday on my run. Not sure if it is runner's knee or something else. I do have new shoes. I might not run again until thurs to give it a break. I am going to be good about icing though.

Wendy...good job with the iTread workout. Okay, so nothing for YOU from Target for 6 months...I got it...:)..Hope you girls have fun with the NROL rotation.

Lori...good job with the 10 miles and GS workouts.

Dallas...good workouts over the weekend. yeah my knee twinged bad a couple of times in yesterdays run...all I can say is CRAP!

Off to do LIC but using my EXT for the cardio. I think I will not go with 4DS this week. Lifting heavy is just not appealing right now...

Hola, cheetah babes…

Time for an afternoon break. It’s been a highly productive day. I spent the afternoon viewing/selecting film (of myself teaching) and grading notebooks. May not sound like a lot, but it's good progress coupled with what I did in the morning. After posting, I'll resume my portfolio writing for a bit longer before calling it a day.

WT :: Hope you can knock out the crud as quickly as I seem to have. Knock wood!

Christine :: what an awful tragedy re: the cyclists…was the officer injured too?…Drop a bell??? Oh my. Thankfully, no one was injured! I think I’m going to start wearing lifting gloves. I did feel they were a little slippery yesterday. I also need to get more or bigger wrist bands. What do you use?

Wendy :: thanks, I did get much done today, so that is a relief…I think my way of celebrating will be to VEG OUT for an entire weekend. *lol* about Joey the screamer putting on his act. The Sheehan Classic is a 5 miler, is it not?

Carole :: *lol* That was about my reaction when I heard there was a move called “snatches.” Honestly, I’m not sure if I understand the move correctly. But you sort of squat down with the kettle bell in one hand, swing it between your legs (this already sounds bad, doesn’t it? }() and then use your hips to power it up and punch the sky with your bicep close by your ear. Sunny or Christine, please correct me if I don’t have that right.

Jackie :: thank you, I did make a good dent, which helps ease the stress! DBF knows the way to your heart, eh?

Judy :: how great for DS…congrats! Nice that the championship will be close by in Jersey. Good job staying clean. I missed or seem to have forgotten why your other DS needs surgery. Hope he’s OK.

Lori :: ITA with you and Wendy about the OD. *lol* about your observations during “the show.” Great job putting in 10 miles on low energy! You rock!

Dallas :: glad DS is OK…Now you have me curious to use my HRM during Kenpo+. NB mode went well today. I am remaining optimistic that I will make the deadline.

Sunny :: just tell me what to buy next. :) If you like it or dislike it, I know I’ll feel the same.

All right, girls, my break time is over. I think I need to stretch out a bit. I'm kinda stiff from sitting in the computer chair most of the day, and then, too, the kb DOMS kicked in but good in the quads and hams. Low back doesn't feel so good, so I'd better be careful. Was probably those nutty deck squats.

Have a gn, friends!

Hi ladies!

I just finished my din din and finally have some moments to peruse Cheetahville. I have to admit that I just made the most AMAZING Citrus-Ginger Scallops from an old Cooking Light...I *heart* that magazine :9:9!!!

So I'll tell my little funny from yesterday (and I'll try to keep it brief...feel free to skip if you want) and then I'll come back with personals afterward...so much to catch up on!

So, I had to ride the "troublesome mare", as Shelly once called her, for someone who had come to look at her. I had only been on her for a couple of minutes and she was being great. The boss got a phone call and had to leave immediately (his house flooded from all the rain we got) so the woman left with him. Now, the mare has been *extremely* difficult for the past month so we've been taking it very slow getting her broke. Actually, it's more like you have to play mind games with her to get what what you want but that's a whole 'nother story. She was being so incredibly good and was in a fantastic state of mind so we figured that we should capitalize on it and push her just a bit for more advanced work. Well, she was PHENOMENAL!!!! Two of our clients were in the ring watching and all they could say was "WOW!" So, we're just finishing the last couple steps of trot and I ask her to walk...relaxed on a nice soft rein, a perfect transition to the walk. She takes approximately two steps at the walk and then just falls down! She tripped *slightly* with one foot and then made NO attempt to catch herself with the three remaining legs. She just crumpled in slow motion. I was almost laughing as she went down as it was just so absurd! She fell so slowly that I just waited until she got close enough to the ground and I simply stepped off and rolled out of the way. I got to my feet and she's just laying there in the dirt, making NO attempt to get up...my first thought was that she had a heart attack or something. But, no, she just didn't feel like getting back up *shrugs*. So, there we were, all standing over her, staring at her in disbelief for a moment. She finally looked up at us like "What am I doing down here?" and slowly got to her feet. She just stood there with the most priceless expression on her face...she actually looked embarrassed! At that point, all four of us just burst out laughing at the whole scene. I mean, here is one of the most amazingly talented and athletic horses you've ever layed your eyes on and it just fell down at the WALK! I guess you had to be there but we were all just about peeing our pants we were laughing soooooo hard!

So that was the entertainment for us that day...I will admit that it was definitely a tension breaker in the barn. It was also good that we had witnesses because the boss would have tried to turn it around and make it out to be my fault...*rolls eyes*.

Okay, are you all asleep now :p? I'll be back in a minute with personals...

carole- ugh, sorry about the knee twinge. how about a circuit week??!!

cathy- i know you asked christine but i wanted to chime in with what i use. i have forearm shields from www.nofearfitness.com and they work like a charm. lol- re: liking what i recommend. check out the ultimate fat burning workout from cindy marsh at amazon}( ;)

wendi-oh the poor mare, lol. yay, for witnessess. ITA re: cooking light mag. i recently picked up a copy on a whim and have made about 3 dishes from it. all were very quick and easy to make and extremely tasty!

judy- many, many congrats to ds!!!!!! i hope dd is feeling better in no time.

good night ladies....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.