::: CHEETAHS ::: Happy Friday!!!

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, cheetahs!! http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-038.gif http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-038.gif http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-038.gif

Christine :: I'm so relieved it's not a clot nor a problem with DH's heart and hope that the low BP is just part of the reaction. Better to err on the side of caution, so it's good they kept him one more night. Thoughts & prayers remain with you both.

Lorie :: glad to hear you'll be checking in with us!! http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sign/sign0016.gif

Jackie :: hope you caught up on sleep last night & feel well-rested. I did the same.

I missed my w/out last night b/c I dozed off at around 6 pm (!) and didn't wake up until 1 am. (Wendy, that is why I didn't want to nap yesterday ~ I feared I was too tired to be able to take a short nap and feel refreshed, but I just couldn't resist closing my eyes for "just a minute.") Oops. *lol* But I do feel rested and fresh, so I will pick up with it this afternoon/evening.

Have a great day, cheetah babes!!

[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Good morning, Cheetahs! I guess I'll officially introduce myself, since I've been lurking in your check-in quite a bit lately. A couple of you extended a very warm invite and I am thrilled to accept...thank you!

As some of you know, I just started running about six weeks ago and ran my first little 5k last week and now I'm hooked! I've always wanted to take up running but never thought I'd have that kind of endurance. Well, thank you, Cathe :7 :7! I have to say that the new program (running twice a week added in with Cathe) seems to agree with me as I'm down about 5 lbs from where I was at the RT...only 2 more to go, yippee! Your check-in has been a source of motivation for me...although I could never imagine a 20 mile trail run :eek:!

I hesitated to come right over here because I thought I was going to be sidelined for awhile but it looks like running is the only form of workout that I'm capable of right now. I seperated a rib from the cartilage that holds it to your sternum on Tuesday and am severely limited in what I can do...no step, no KB, no weights for awhile. I thought no running either but my planned 3 mile walk yesterday morning turned into a 7 mile run when I got bored after the first tenth of a mile LOL! The funny thing is that's the farthest I've run by 2 miles...go figure. So I guess it's nothing but running for a bit. My question is this, as I've never run on consecutive days...should I stagger distances or increase distance slowly every time out? I can't go too fast right now because I can't take very deep breaths yet and I have to watch the impact. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Okay, now that I've completed my novel...

Christine - What a relief that your DH's episode wasn't something more serious {{{HUGS}}}! You've both been in my prayers.

Lorie - It's great to "see" you again.

Cathy - It sounds like your body had other ideas. Think of all the energy you'll have this afternoon.

I'm about to head out for a run before work. I'm not sure how long/how far. I'll just make it up, like I did yesterday.

See you all later!

Good Morning Cheetah-Babes!http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Drinks/drinking-45.gif[/IMG]

Happy Friday Folks! What does everyone have on tap for this weekend?

I am not doing anything to speak of tonight...unless ofcourse my phone rings at the last minute and I ditch DH and DS for a "hot date"! :p LOL DH is working all weekend. Tomorrow I plan to hit the gym and then after dinner I will be taking DS to my mom's for the night. She is watching him for my long run on Sunday morning and is nice enough to take him saturday night so that I don't have to get up EXTRA early just to make the 30 minute drive to her before I come back down 30+ minutes to my area to go to the park I run in. I am also going to try to train my BF Sunday afternoon since she had to cancel last night.

So I am working today. I wasn't on the schedule but someone called me looking for coverage and was willing to trade days so she is working this coming wednesday for me. I have to go to DMV after work to register the used pick up truck DH and I just bought.

X Chest and Back is on tap for nap time. My lats are still kind of tender but I've given them adequate rest time so it's time to get busy!}( I forgot to do abs y'day so I am considering ARX for today as well.

Cathy: Sorry about the missed work out but I know you'll make it up this weekend! }(

Wendi: Cool, now we have another Wendy!:+ Welcome to our check in. There's a great group of women here. We have so much fun and everyone is extremely friendly and supportive of one another. I hope you stick around. Sorry about your rib injury. I hope it heals quickly! So how far did you run this morning?

Christine: Oh I am so relieved to hear that it's likely nothing serious for you DH. PHEW! I hope it doesn't take forever for them to release him today. I remember when I had Joey it took them forever to release us. I was ready to go for the time they told us and then had to hang around and wait for about an hour to leave. BLECH! When Joey was hospitalized last Christmas and they told us he would be released the next morning, we didn't hold our breath. We figured we'd get out of there in the afternoon sometime but we were pleasantly surprised! We got out of there EARLY! WOW!

Lorie: I hope you are reading this cause that means you came back!:) And yes, I AM an ITread nut. I love them!}(

Jackie: I hope you feel better this morning. Did the Benadryl do it's job last night?

Okay, BBL ladies!

I'm slinking back into the den after a very bad few weeks out there. My wounds are licked enough and I'm ready to see what else has been going on out there. I'm sad to say that the Rehab clinic blew up in my face and was a hellish experience for too many reasons to get into here. The chiro and his business partner were oil and water and had a blow out last Tuesday. I walked into the clinic later that day and it was empty except for my room. I was insulted and disrespected (called a mercenary, WTH!) by the manager who I don't even know, scrambled to contact clientele to be sure they brought cash or cheques payable to me (cash flow was an in-clinic problem). The owner (he has 22 gyms!) was elusive with me and the local paper called me out of the blue to talk to me about all of it. I used that as leverage with the owner to freakin' pay me the money he owed me. Long story short....(not too short;)) I've been paid to date (waiting for cheque to clear) and found a place to practice at the physio clinic that helped me so much after my half last year. The room is great, I even have a window with a gorgeous maple tree, very ambient:) It was the monster killer week from Hell but I'm better now thanks; save for the anxiety and persistant arrhythmia my Dr. says is purely stress related. No caffeine, no alcohol, I can sacrifice those to get back on track but it's the stress that's got my heart flipping! Yesterday I ran a gorgeous 9K that did my heart and soul the world of good.

Cathy, that's a looong pre-bedtime nap! Lol at your 'after' shot comment on the Open forum:)

Welcome Wendi! I got hooked on running about a year and a half ago. I love the mental space it takes up and it's done great things for my Cardio capacity. That separated rib sounds brutal! Only hurts when you breathe?

Wendy, sounds like busy days for you. How's the half training coming along?

I'm looking forward to catching up on what I missed here. Gorgeous weather here today but I'll workout at home before I work. I'm thinking KickMax....punch-kick-grrrrrrr}( }( :7

Take Care
Laurie

Hola Cheetahs!

[font color=purple]Christine~[/font] TG the worst case scenario didn't happen with DH!! Now he can put this behind him.

[font color=purple]Cathy~[/font] TGIF and more time to rest and workout! We have been exhausted around here lately. The new school year always takes a good month to get used to IMO.

[font color=purple]Wendy~[/font] DH is working all weekend also. We should have a girls weekend! ( I'll actually be cheering for DD in her first Regatta of the season and DS 's hockey game on Sunday.)

[font color=purple]Lorie~[/font] welcome :) This is a great place to share running information and more... RE Foot pain do a search here on Plantar Fasciitis. There are many posts. I have done battle with it in each foot, and commented many times on recovery.

[font color=purple]Shelly~[/font] I did not realize you are doing your second marathon. I just assumed you had been doing them for years!

[font color=purple]Susan~[/font] Have a nice 5 miler with DH today. Any time alone with DH is good!

GTG drive to school BBL

[font color=red][font size=+2]Judy "Likes2bfit"[/font]

Wow...what warm and wonderful welcomes!!! Just another example of all the wonderful people on the Cathe forums!!! Sometimes, the aggressive and rude people overshadow how truly wonderful *most* of us are.

Wendi-I am glad to see you again. Unfortunately, I have not been on the clean and tidy forum because my eating has been pretty untidy. I would be embarassed to post!!!

I will try to attempt personals. Please bear with me until I get to know you all better-which I'm very much looking forward to doing!

Christine-so glad your DH is doing better!!! I hope he is released ASAP!

Cathy, I work in the schools as a school psychologist. It always takes time to get used to working after summer break! Although, I started back on 22 July!!! UGH!

Wendy, I see your race is coming up! Have fun on your long run tomorrow.

Laurie, I am so sorry about your stress and troubles. It does sound as if things are looking up for you. Kick Max may very well be a good way to work out your aggression and stress!!!

Judy, thanks for the info on my pain. It might be PF, but it's weird bevcause everything I knew and more that I have read talks abotu the pain being in your heel and mine is totally in the arch of my foot. But...it is tighter in the morning (which is one of the symptoms). I may go get new step shoes (I need them) and look into arch supports.

I am excited to have a place to share my running addiction! I have recruited two people from my work to join me in my half marathon. It will b their first. Both run for exercise but have never really run any distance. It is SO fun to hear about their excotement as they go farther distances. One of my friends just ran 8.5 miles for the first time. She was so excited!

I did HIIT yesterday and Legs & Glutes. I am planning on doing a circuit workout with upper body only today. I want to run, but I think I need to do something else and want to do a longer run tomorrow.

So glad to be here, Cheetahs! Ya'll are awesome!

Good morning cheetahs

Lorie!!...welcome. I agree with others your arch pain could be Plantar, as it can hurt on the whole bottom of your foot. I think it normally does start in the arch. I think I was starting to get it but my pain was in my heel, and never went to the arch. I hope I nipped it early as I sure tried to! See how it feels in a few days. A golf ball is great for massaging the area if it does end up being PF. I am more addicted to iClimbs in my Elliptical as I don't have a Treadmill and also don't run with and iPod or anything. I have run 12 marathons but none in the last few years due to injuries.

Christine...thanks for the update. Glad to know it was not a heart attack. I didn't know low blood pressure could cause those symptoms. I sure hope your DH can get home today sometime!

Cathy...its funny as the Scrambled egg workout was just what I wanted, more of a circuit. Glad you got in a good nights sleep. it has been a busy week for you.

Wendi...Welcome, so glad you joined us!! That is amazing that the running does not hurt your rib problem. Will it take a long time to heal? One rule I usually follow for increasing distance running, is not to increase more than 10-15% per week.

Wendy...geeze, my DH is just like your step father according to that smiley! Yes, the cleaning about wore me out. My workout room has acquired a lot of clutter and I started there...plus other things, so glad I had the day off! I bet you will have cheering sections at differents point during the half. Maybe not anyone you know but crowds are great in halfs and marathons. Sorry your DH is working all weekend. That is great you Mom will watch Joey so you can get in your long run.

Laurie...How awful!!! Sounds like a real mess you went thru at the clinic...I am so glad you found another place to practice...massage therapists are very needed...:)...Enjoy Kickmax!

Susan...good job with Circuitmax. So your runs are up to 5 miles now?...cool!!!

Kristi...you have been a very busy Mom. A new laptop will be very nice...:)

Shelly...I am sure you will see a pic of us relay racers! Good job with your interval run...and then Mindy's Bootcamp?...WOW!!

I am planning on The original Bodymax upper body only and a 4 mile run.

Have a great day...:)

Just a quick check-in before I head off to work. Although, I'm not sure what I'll be able to do there. I certainly can't ride, or do anything on the tractor, or fix any of the fencing or manhandle any of the beasties who decide to get a bit "fresh", so I'm not even sure why I'm going in LOL!

I ended up running 5.5 miles this morning. My ribs were killing me for the first 2 miles so it was kind of hard to breathe but it loosened up after that...or the drugs kicked in :p!

Wendy - BTW, it's a bit weird to type that with a "Y" :7! Wow, you have a full few days. That's so nice of your mom so you can get to your run in the am.

Laurie - Oh, hon, what a week! {{{{HUGS}}}} It sounds like things have taken a very positive turn for you and I'm glad you had that lovely 9K to lift you back up. Oh, and the rib pretty much hurts all the time but breathing is, at least, bearable.

Lorie - I haven't been over to the clean and tidies in a long time. Things got pretty quiet and I pretty much eat the same thing everyday. I have to agree with you completely about the folks on this board... what a wonderful bunch!!!! I hope your foot doesn't become a problem x(.

Carole - Thanks for the tip! As far as how long it will take to heal...the doctor said 8 weeks before I can start lifting again. I KNOW I will get back to the weights long before that though! I also have to start riding ASAP as that is my job and only income. I'll probably get on a few Monday or Tuesday. I can stay on the ground Sat and Sun because we're going to horse shows both of those days.

Eek, this is getting long. Have a great one, cheetahs!

Good morning Cheetahs!

Christine - So glad to hear it wasn't a clot or heart attack! What a relief. Hope DH gets to come home today. Still keeping you in prayer.

Cathy - Feel much better this morning, thanks. But, I was still awake at 3:30 am.x( Guess you really needed that nap. Glad it made you feel more refreshed.

Wendi - Welcome! Congrats on the 5 pounds gone! Glad you're enjoying Cathe and running. Great combination! If I do a hard or long run one day, the next day is a shorter, easy run.

Wendy - I'm going for a massage in the morning. Then, DBF and I are going to a Blue Angels Air Show. Should be a fun day. Nice of your mom to take care of DS while you run. Moms are nice like that sometimes. Benadryl worked perfectly. There was no coughing or anything.

Laurie - So sorry to hear about the job problems! What an ordeal! (((((HUGS))))) I'm glad you were able to set up practice somewhere else. Girl, will send prayers your way. Glad the 9K made you feel better.

Carole - Enjoy your workout!

I did Carribean Workout Kick Boxing and Great Body Guaranteed Abs and Stretch.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Jackie

Good Morning Cheetahs!

I did Cathe's Low Impact Step workout this AM and boy am I tired today. I just didn't want to get out of bed at 5AM!

But I did it........it's Friday!!!!

Wendi - Welcome! Once again - you will love it here!

Wendy - Too funny about stepdad! I know about this - hah aha!

Laurie - I love Kickmax!!!!!! I don't do it often because it literally kicks my butt! What a workout!!!!

Susan - good for you for increasing your mileage! You go girl!

Kristi - I don't have a laptop - I should get with the times. Do you enjoy it so far?

Shelly - You are working out hard! Good for you!

Carole - I don't have Bodymax. I am sure it is great. Enjoy!

Lorie - Welcome! You will love it here! Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. Sorry you are injured right now. I hope you feel better.

Christine - Thanks for the update, I am keeping you in my prayers.

Cathy - It sounds like you were exhausted girl! It must be the kids! ha ha! Rest up this weekend.

Have a great day all!

Amy :)

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=17330452&uid=9486985&members=1

Good morning all! How wonderful to check in and find we have two new cheetah running addicts:7 :7 :7 :7 :7 In a bit I'll be heading out for a 7 mile &^%%#& hill run:eek: .

Cathy- Oh my girl, you must have been worn down to the nub to "nap" like that last night!! Well, it should help to energize you I'm sure and now you have the weekend to look forward to!!

Wendi- Welcome! I remember your enthusiastic post on the OD forum.
I fractured several ribs years ago and remember that it was quite a while before I could lift weights again. But you have the consolation that now you can explore your new love of running :7 :7
I guess you just need to be careful not to overswing with your arms but that is just good running form anyway! Carole is our running guru who was without question been doing this for the longest and has more marathons under her belt that she can count! She gave you sage advice about not increasing your running by more than 10-15% each week. Great job on your 5.5 mile run today! Are you a riding instructor? Were you injured on the job?

Wendy- That's great that your Mom can watch Joey for you on your long 10 mile run this weekend! Notice I said 10.... not 9.5.... aw come on... it's only 0.5 more miles! }( }( }(

Laurie- Great to hear from our Canadian cheetah... I just love your comment about slinking back into the den :) What an ordeal you've been through with this scummy clinic owner!!! I hope you'll have all this soon behind you! Great job with your 9k:7 :7

Judy- Busy with the chauffer(sp?) duties still I see! Yes, this will only be my second marathon. I discovered running late in life I'm afraid and it is one of my biggest regrets... what could I have done when I was young??? I have been into "fitness" and lifting weights for a LONG time though. So what's on your plate for today?

Lorie- How wonderful to have you back in the den today!! I would definitely do some research into PF and take steps now to keep this under control. Arch supports, or orthotics are an excellent idea.
I run with Powersteps (I think Judy recommended these originally)
and they do make a difference. I massage my right foot with a foot wheel but Carole's suggestion of a golf ball also works great!
Great idea of doing an upper body workout the day before a long run! That's great that you've turned some co worders onto running. I'm a nurse and I've enabled some young RNs into running as well.... makes me feel so proud to hear their accomplishments!

Carole- I SO look forward to seeing that pic of your A team! ;-)
Haven't done the original BodyMax for a while... hm I may have to dust that one off soon! Have a great run today!

Jackie I'm so glad you are feeling a little better today! Is the Carribean KB workout a different style or is that just the setting?
I do have a couple more speed interval TM workouts you may be interested in. I'll post them when I have the time later.

Amy- A big TGIF for you eh? Got any good long runs planned for the weekend?

Christine!!!! What great news about your DH!!! Yay--- yes, combining codeine and ETOH isn't a great idea obviously... but it was very very wise to have this chest pain thoroughly worked up!

Time to get this old tushie in gear and out the door folks! Later today I'll be doing a lower body circuit w/o I'm thinking Scrambled Eggs but that may change.

ShellyC

How the he** did I ever end up with 900 posts?? Well, I guess that's nothing compared to our Miss Wendy with her 12 million or so posts!;-)

OK time for a quick Hello HELLO!!

Shelly~ Did that dang hill run go ok?

Ok I-tread folks here is a question: Are these interval workouts like Cardio coach? When the weather gets really icy here in upstate NY I will be forced to make friends with my TM again. Will the I-treads be worth looking into? I already do my speed work on the TM once per week since I don't want to be on the local high school track on school days. But I will stay outside as long as i am safe enough to be away from ice and snow.

Today was a 8 mile run. I decided to try for sub 10 minute miles and finished the run in 79:33. Last week it was 83" for 8 miles. My training plan says do 11" miles for long runs. However I put in a time for a 5 K that I ran with out training for in 2005. I did not really start tot run until Jan 2006. Anyway, I finished without dying and had a good stretch at the end.

Shortly I will need to get my three kitties into carriers and take them to the vet for annual check ups and vaccinations. Why did I think I could take all three at once?????

[font color=red][font size=+2]Judy "Likes2bfit"[/font]

Good afternoon! Believe it or not KickMax felt like a light day:eek: }( :) My family's all off today so after I retouch the red in Faith's hair we'll go out. Marley's getting her driver's permit and I can't wait to be a passenger again! Then we'll go downtown to shop and have dinner.

Lorie, that's awesome that you are recruiting people. I was recruited by my best friend last year to run a half. It consumed my summer and fall and I loved it! Running is such a great addiction!

Carole, enjoy B-Max UB and your run. Thanks for your support:) I caught in some other posts that you had a get-a-way last week..soo where did you get-a-way to?

Wendi, manhandling fresh beasties hey? Where do I sign up?:+ :p

Jackie, thanks for the hugs and prayers, every bit helps:) I love Carribean workouts especially with Shelly McDonald. I've always wished that Cathe would do a Kickboxing step workout like Shelly's but with Cathe's unique take on things.....a girl can dream:)

Amy, good job on the early workout, that takes such commitment!

Shelly, thanks Hon:) I did Scramble Eggs this week, more like Scrambled Leggs when it's done:p Fantastic cardio! Enjoy your gollygoshdarn hill run :+

Judy. great job on your run, good luck with the kitties:)

Take Care
Laurie

Judy,

I prefer the iTreads to CC. The only thing that I do differently with the interval work (and all the iTreads) is I go faster than Grace says. So, when she says go to 8.0, I usually go to 8.4-.5. It seems that I average about 3-5 points higher.

I like the iTread interval work. I am also doing HIIT. I do 45 seconds at 9.9-10.0 and 60 seconds at 4.7. I do that 15 times as well as a 5 minute warm up at 7.0 and cool down at 4.7.

Good Afternoon Ladies.

Well I am in a cr@ppy mood now. GRRRR. I went to work and then had to run some errands afterwards so by the time we got home and Joey ate and was ready to head upstairs for a nap it was already late. Well we went upstairs to find that my dear dog cr@pped in his room! So now I had to bring Joey back down and spend 15 minutes cleaning up the darned mess! I was soooo mad! I have to assume he REALLY had to go because he's a very good dog and really doesn't do this type of stuff but it still irritates the daylights out of me when it happens. x(

So now we are officially owners of a fullsize extra-cab black dodge dakota pick up truck. Now maybe we can get some stuff done around here with out having to wait for DH to borrow a proper vehicle. Perhaps I can put my house up for sale...FINALLY!!! We'll see...

Sorry to rant. I'll shut up now. :p

So I have to do Chest and Back and to be honest I am not feelin' the energy at this point. Perhaps once I get this cup of java down I will feel differently. :9

So I may go out tonight. One of my co-workers said she'll be hanging out with her neighbors in someone's yard havin' a couple of drinks tonight and said I was more then welcome to join them. She lives close-by so I may sport the $5.00 cab ride over and indulge a bit tonight once DS is down for the night. }( I would walk but the area isn't the greatest between my place and hers so I know DH would have a huge problem with that and I don't blame him.

Laurie: (((HUGS))) to you. So when you say Rehab Clinic which place are you referring to? I know you practiced in 2 locations and one you left and went to a gym instead so is this the OTHER place then?
Half training is going very well. I made it through an 8 mile run the weekend before last and have a 9.5 (or 10 if Shelly has her way!LOL) miler coming up this Sunday. I don't know if you knew this but I decided to go with a closer, cheaper half that is actually a month SOONER then my original plan so the big day will be on October 21 now!!!

Judy: If we lived closer to one another I would surely take you up on the girls weekend offer!:) Have fun watching your kids sporting events. Do you jump up and down and get all excited for them? :+

Lorie: So I know you do Itreads with regularity. How often do you get outside and run? I am bad with that but while training for the HM I am making it a point to do all of my long runs outdoors. Pretty much everything else is on a TM in the gym though.

Carole: LMAO! You have a mean DH ey? Have you considered going to bed with a clothespin on your nose? :p Enjoy BM upper body today!

Wendi: I'm sorry if I missed it somewhere along the line but do you mind if I ask what you do for a living? You peeked my interest with your last post about what you can do at work today.

Jackie: Ooooh, I bet the air show is fab! Have you ever been to one before? Sounds like a nice easy work out for you today. Good. You deserve it!

Amy: So any good plans for the weekend?

Shelly: Have you annointed this "pick on Wendy day" when I wasn't paying attention!? LOL I have to run 10 miles instead of 9.5 AND I'm a geek who has nothing better to do then sit at her PC and post on this forum! Thanks alot! LOL :p ;) :+ :7

Okay, guess it's time to get my butt in gear for some X fun! It's now or never!!!!!

BBL!:7

Well I'm done with my work out. One round of Chest and Back and the ab/core work from All Body Attack is done. Now I need to wash dishes and take a shower.

BBL to check in on my girls!:)

My sink is empty, I no longer stink and my coffee cup is filled to the brim. Life is good. ;)

Where is everyone?

Hey Wendy baby! Ya know I love ya!!:* :* :* I only give a hard time to those I care about! Now I KNOW you are good for the whole 10!!!
Any more problems with that mysterious hip pain?
Okay, so you don't really have 12 million posts..... maybe only 11mil
;-) :+

I got my ACSM study materials in the mail today!!! I feel better just skimming through it. This will definitely be keeping my occupied for the next several months. It's alot of material!
Now down to the basement for some serious leg work. I made it through all those ahem lovely hills today but it did kick my butt good!!

ShellyC

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.