::::CHEETAHS - Happy Friday!::::

Good Morning Amy and all who follow.:)

Amy: Glad you gave the bod a rest and didn't feel bad about it. Have a great day! TGIF, right? :)

So I am going to the gym this morning in hopes of doing Tread n Tush. I say HOPE because there is only one area that is really good for doing this work out as it's easy to get off the TM and do the leg exercises. Problem is that there are only 2 TM's in this area so they could easily both be taken when I get there. Last time I had to wait about 20 mins to get one in that area. x(

I have a Tupperware type party to go to tonight. My BF's sister is trying to start her own jewelery business. She does some via internet, via catalogue and via in home parties so my BF is hosting a party for her to ty to drum up some sales. I will go and see if I can find Christmas gifts for my SILs and MIL there. What is everyone else up to tonight?

Okay, I was bad and didn't do personals y'day so I guess I have some catchin' up to do. I am going to post this now and go back and do personals in another post. Be right back!:D

Cathy: So were you able to cross everything off of your to-do list yesterday?

Carole: I'm glad you had such a good time with your HS friends over the weekend. That had to be such a blast!

Christine: So did you end up taking a rest day yesterday? Any news on the job front?

Shelly: Sorry you are getting sick when you have so much time off. That stinks. :-( DH's O/T should last through November so it will interfere with the remainder of my HM training but I am determined to find a way to make it work! KB Boot Camp by Mindy was good. I only did the med ball segment with an 8# ball. They used a 4# in the vid but I wanted to be a tough girl! LOL It kicked my arse! Some of the choreo will take practice but it's a great way to get in a short intense work out! Great as an add-on!

Susan: Good job on the run y'day! Mindy Myrlea is the boot camp work out instructor. I knew you and DH would make a good decision regarding the possible job. From what you said I totally agree with you. I think you definately made the right choice.

Hi Laura!!!!

Good morning Cheetahs! Yesterday I was slammed at work and could not get back here to post. Today, I think, I will be trying to walk Chelsea. I’m not going to start back with an exercise rotation until Sunday. Tomorrow morning is DS’s first soccer game. He has never played before so it should be so cute to watch him running around the field.

Christine – It sounds like Jimmy is a wonderful dog. You are doing great with him. I hope one day Chelsea will be like Jimmy. Chelsea is a work in progress. I keep reminding myself, as of tomorrow, it has only been 2 weeks that we have had her. She is trainable and doing well with the sit command. Next on our list is down and stay. She wasn’t trained well in her previous home of 4 years and then the 8 months at the rescue shelter she was not trained at all. All in all, things are going well. BTW, I love the idea of keeping treats by her nose to help with running partner training. Chelsea is definitely food motivated. I’ll give that a try this weekend.

Carole – Thanks for the words of encouragement re: Chelsea’s training. I bet your lab cross was very energetic and loved running.

Cathy – Good luck with WW. I can certainly understand the accountability you feel when you have to pay for it. It would make me feel like I had to stick with it too. Maybe I need to investigate this further. How is your LB rotation going? I’m thinking about trying one to help my lower half.

Wendy – It sounds like your HM training runs will be a challenge, but if anyone can do it I know you can. If it makes you feel any better my DH never went to my HM. However, I never expect him to go to my races. It is not fun for him to wait for me to run, especially with a 2 hour race. Besides he would have the kids and they are not patient enough to wait out me running a race. DH tried that with the kids at a 5K last year and it was not a good experience for him.

Sorry this is so short. I’ll try to BBL. Have a great day!

Hey Cheetahs – TGIF!!!! *Dances around room* I did end up getting a workout in yesterday – did a mish mosh of CCPP and CC3 on my bike and trainer. It was a good workout, actually. Running is certainly increasing my cardio fitness! DH and I went to Outback last night – had their Outback Griller with filet it was delicious – whole grain and wild rice that was mixed with mushrooms, onions and other stuff, topped with a 4 oz serving of filet mignon and a screwer of grilled veggies and pineapple. Not too much food for once. I could not eat it all, actually – still doing well with my appetite. Lost 7 pounds so far. *Does another happy dance around the room* Today’s workout is Rodney Yee’s Total Body Power Yoga.

Laura – Good to hear form you! Glad to hear the house is almost done and you can move in soon! WOW! How exciting!

Cathy – DD is enjoying the dorm. She likes her roommate and the people around, but she’s happy to come home on the weekends. I wonder if that will continue when her boyfriend goes back to UC Santa Cruz and has an apartment. LOL

Amy – Enjoy your rest day! It’s good to listen to your body.

Wendy – I know what you mean about specific treadmills being the ones you want. Hope you get one of them! Enjoy the Tupperware party! No news on the job front. I need to give my boss a little push.

Kristi – With a food motivated dog, it’s sooo easy to train. Have you entered a training class in the last few years? It’s all in how you lead with the food. You want her to sit, you show her the food and raise it up over her head towards her back. In order to follow it, she has to sit. Down is simply lowing the food to the floor. If she gets to her feet say, “No.” and try again. She’ll get it. I think once she realizes what you want, she’ll be eager to comply. It’s like being plunked down in the middle of a family who speaks on Japanese – until you learn the language you’re lost. But you know that. You’re doing well with her. She’s lucky to have you. Enjoy your DS’s first game! How fun!

Hello to all who follow!!!

Good morning cheetahs

Amy...enjoy your rest day.

Wendy..hope you get to use the TM right away this morning. I have not been to a Tupperware party for ages...have fun!

Kristi...I do miss running with a dog. My Lab cross was the last dog I ran with. I carry dog biscuits now for the dogs I encounter. I think you are doing a great job with Chelsea.

Cathy...that is a cute hat tipping smiley! You are sweet...:)...Glad to hear your humidity was gone for your run. We are also having fall like weather...http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/hol/fall3.gif[/img] I have done that LIC premix before...it is very fun. Did you preorder any of Amy's new workouts?

Christine...it was downright cold yesterday! Stayed cloudy all day...what a nice change...:)...Good job squeezing in a workout. Sounds like a nice dinner with DH. So, you didn't get the Outback onion??...:)..way to go with the weight loss.

Shelly...seems during marathon training I would usually get a cold or cold sore! Hope your URI goes away soon. Did the hilly run help? The reunion was a lot of fun, and most of the girls are in good shape. One has run a few marathons, but now has a disc problem. I will say she was impressed with my marathon PR!! Kayaking with your friends today sounds like fun...:)

Susan...you do like Bootcamp! I bet I have only done it a handful of times, but I am so looking forward to the new workouts. I am so happy to hear your running is going so well...:)...No, I have not gotten tired of the EXT. I only use it maybe 1-2 times a week. Also sometimes when I do a Cathe circuit, I sub the EXT for the cardio in the circuit.

Laura...glad you got a chance to check in! it does seems like most people I know are having a tough time selling there homes. I hope something breaks for you. How exciting you will get to move in your new house soon...:)

I am doing MM upper body, abs and a 4 mile run.

Have a great day...:)

Carole - How sweet of you to carry dog biscuits for the dogs you meet. Enjoy your workout today. It sounds like a great one! BTW, I’m happy about the fall weather too!

Christine – Great job on the 7 lb weight loss!! Keep up the good work. Yummy Outback! I haven’t been there in years. DH & I have never been to a dog training class before. However, it funny that the tips you mentioned is exactly how we are training Chelsea. She is a good dog, but will be a great dog when fully trained. I loved your example. It is so true. Re: DS’s game, I think I am more excited than he is right now, even though he has been talking about it all week. We are going to videotape it.

BBL Cheetahs! Waves to all.

Good morning Cheetahs! TGIF! And, I really mean that!

Finally I can come up for air.

Cathy - I'm glad you were able to enjoy your day off. Sounds like you had a nice run yesterday!

Amy - You're doing great with your runs! Hope you're enjoying your days off work.

Wendy - Glad to see you like All Body Attack. May tackle the entire workout one day. Hope things work out for you with DH and the new job. Extra cash is always a bonus even though something else has to give. Did you get Tread 'n Tush done? Enjoy the party tonight.

Christine - Glad DH made it home safely. Congratulations on the 7 lb! Doing the happy dance with you!

Shelly - Hope you're feeling better. I see you didn't let that URI keep a good woman down. Kayaking sounds like lots of fun.

Susan - I haven't had time to look at any of the clips of the new workouts yet. I love time efficient. Good job on the running!

Laura - Glad to new house is getting near completion. I know you are excited and probably exhausted too. But, it will be so worth it. Keeping my fingers crossed for you that you get yours sold.

Kristi - Good luck to DS in his first soccer game.

Carole - Nice of you to carry dog biscuits. Guess it would distract some of the more aggressive ones, huh? Enjoy your run and MM upper body today.

My workout yesterday was Sculpt Sweatfest. Today's workout was iTread #1 40 minutes for my pace run, 10 minutes on the elliptical and GBG stretch and a little foam rolling.

Hello to everyone else.

Have a fantastic Friday everyone! DBF and I are going to a dance tonight. Should be fun!

Jackie

Good morning cheetahs! I'm still dealing with the URI but I got a very solid nights sleep and am feeling MUCH better:7 The kayaking trip got cancelled so I'll just be puttering around home today but I guess that's just as well to have a day to recuperate. I may go out dirtbiking with DH later:)

Amy- I hope you have a very well deserved rest day!

Wendy- Your worries about finding the right TM available is one of the many reasons I work out only at home! I hate waiting for machinesx( I'm glad to hear that your DH's OT won't last too long.
You have lots of support available (Mom and friends) and I bet alot would be willing to mind Joey while you do your long runs. Anyway, you are one determined cheetah all right and Iknow you will find a way to prep for your HM. I do hope your DH will be able to be there!

Kristi- I hope your walk with Chelsea goes well. She is one lucky dog to have landed a home with you! I'm considering starting to run with my pit bull Spanky. She has such high energy levels I'm hoping to work some of that out of her! Pit bulls aren't exactly known for their running ability so this may be interesting!

Christine- Running is definitely the be all and end all of cardiac
workouts IMHO. You are really on a roll with the weight loss there!!! Congratulations :7 :7 :7 This routine is really shaking up your body obviously.

Laura- How exciting that your new home is almost done! I'm sorry that you haven't sold your old one yet. This is a difficult time to be selling. Have you considered renting until the market improves?

Carole- Count me as among the ones in awe of that Marathon PR of yours!!!! Did any of your friends run with you when you were in S. Cal? Sounds like you are definitely back into your own solid routine now.

Jackie- Impressive workout for you today! You are going to be turning heads on the dance floor tonight :* ;-) Have fun!!

For today it'll be strictly weights.... no cardio!! It'll be a double gymstyle day, GS C&T and BSB:7

Have a great one y'all!

ShellyC

I’m back to catch up with all the lovely Cheetahs who joined the thread after!

Carole – Yes, it was chilly yesterday! I’m wearing a light fleece jacket today. I needed it. And NO no onion – although DH did mention it, the booger… Enjoy your workout.

Kristi – Oh how fun! Of course you have to have a video tape of his first game! When he’s on the US Olympic team, you can pull it out and show it to his girlfriend… :+ How fun. Enjoy Chelsea – although it sounds as if you are!

Jackie – I know what you mean about TGIF! I am SOO ready for the weekend! Enjoy your dance! That sounds like fun!

Shelly – I’m glad you’re feeling better. I had to laugh yesterday when you said that you ONLY ran 5.3 miles with your URI. Okay, even Superwoman has her “off” days. You amaze me – I want to be you when I grow up! Sorry to hear about your kayaking trip – it sounded like fun! Question for you – I got my test results back – my cholesterol was 189 with the good stuff being 58 and the bad stuff 108. Is that good or bad? I think the combined number is a little high.

I’m really happy. Took my measurements this morning – 5 pounds lost between last Friday and today. 1.5 inches off my waist, and 1.5 inches off my hips – lost inches everywhere else, too, and I’m wearing my Lucky jeans that were too tight last week. So, I’m pretty much dancing everywhere today! Enjoy!

Hello Ladies.

Well, Tread n Tush was a bust. The TM's in the area I wanted to work out in were not available so I did IClimb n Core instead as there were ellipticals available there. I enjoyed it but didn't have time to do the floor work section at the end so I will be doing that here at home in a few mins...I hope to get to the gym or the park tmrw or Sunday for a run but Tread N Tush will now have to wait until next week. I think I will do P90X's Legs and Back work out this weekend as well...it's been a while...that work out always surprises me with the lower body DOMS the next day!}(

Kristi: DH doesn't come to all of my races but he has been to quite a few. He actually enjoys it, believe it or not! LOL It helps though that my running buddy's DH is usually there too so they hang out together. I normally just ask him if he wants to come and don't make a big deal out of it if he's not in the mood but for the HM I was really wanting him there for moral support before and for someone to hug and kiss when I'm finished!!! My running buddy is supposed to run the half with me so I shouldn't be totally alone at least. I am thankful for that no matter what. :) We were also planning on going out to dinner later after the race with my friend and her hubby to celebrate accomplishing our goal. It was going to be our treat to ourselves. I guess we could go sans the DH's if mine is working but again, it won't be the same...*sigh*

Christine: Wow, girl! WTG on the weight loss and the inch loss! You are rockin'!!!! ^5's to you!!!!:+ :+ :+

Carole: It's not actually a Tupperware Party that I am going to (thank goodness!LOL). I just used that to explain that it's the same kind of thing but this gal is selling jewelery. I am hoping to pick up some Christmas gifts at this thing. I hope I can find stuff! Have fun burnin' up those biceps with MM today! If you don't mind my asking...how heavy do you go with the biceps in MM??

Jackie: What kind of dance are you going to? Hope you enjoy it! So you've never done All Body Attack as produced yet? I don't blame you if you haven't...seems incredibly intense to me!!!

Shelly: Glad you are feeling better today. My gym isn't bad. If I am not picky about where I want to work out then I almost always can get a TM right away and was always the case until I got this new work out. Ultimately, when we finally get a bigger house, I DO want to buy a TM for my home and perhaps I will no longer need or want to go to a gym but considering I am going to be a PT I am hoping I will have a free memebership SOMEWHERE so I can still use the facility if the desire strikes me.

Good afternoon ladies,
Ijsut got back from a 4.5 mile run with my hubby. It was wonderful. I love running with him. It is nice to chit chat and the time just go so fast. I then did C&w ab work and later will do PUB chest and back.

Christine, I am so impressed with the weight loss. I have lucky jeans on right now too, but they are definitley not as loose as they should be }( My girlfriend Jeanine lost 45 lbs doing 3 days of kickboxing and 3 days of yoga. It really is amazing how yoga just balances the mind and body. Okay, I will not go on and on about that, I promise;-) Have a great day and what the heck is up with this crappy weather?

Wendy, They still have tupperware parties? That sounds so CArole Bradyish(LOL)! I have a few of Mindy's workouts and I like them. I have met her and she is really funny and has a lot of energy. She live about 45 minutes from me.

Shelly, glad you are feeling better:)

Ladies, I have to go . I have to go back Mariah. Hello to Carole, Amy, Cathy,kristi,Jackie and any who I unintentionally forgot.

Cheers!

Susan

Hey there, cheetahs! Happy Friday!! http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/happy/happy0184.gif

Amy :: hope you enjoyed your day off.

Wendy :: Laughing at the line “Tread n Tush was a bust.” :D…have fun at the jewelry party! I am heading out to dinner with friends, but it won’t be too late a night because I have class tomorrow at 9 am…Yes, I hit just about everything on my list yesterday ~ feels good to be able cross things off.

Kristi :: aww, good luck to DS in his 1st soccer game…It’s cute when they are little and all run for the ball…and then fall all over each other like dominoes. :) Thank you! I am a lot like Chelsea ~ food-motivated. :) But I’m down 4 lbs. so far, so I’m pleased with how it’s going. I am just about done the third round of the LB rotation…it went very well up until last week when I decided to insert a recovery week. Not b/c the rotation itself is too hard, but because back-to-school time is so hectic and I’ve been a little lower on energy (and shorter on time) than normal. So, I am debating whether to finish with week 12 next week or start a new, time-efficient rotation since next week, with Back to School night for parents, will be a long one, too. I do know I will come back to this rotation again. I loved it – and the results!

Christine :: great job getting in an unplanned workout!…Your Outback meal sounds DE-LISH!! And CONGRATS on that PHENOMENAL weight loss!!! http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/sign/sign0021.gif I'll bet w/ you dancin’ around the room like that, the lbs. are just *falling* off!! WTG!!!

Carole :: I’m now a smiley maniac, thanks to you! :D Love the little guy playing in the leaves. I haven’t pre-ordered any of Amy’s workouts. Should I check ‘em out? Collage?

Jackie :: glad you can finally come up for air!!!…ITA ‘bout the biscuits being a good deterrent, too…That Carole is one smart cookie!…Have fun at the dance tonight! Is it a certain kind of dance?

Shelly :: so glad you’re feeling rested and better!…You know it has to be a helluva bug to take down our Bionic Shelly!…Hope you enjoyed your weights, puttering, and dirt biking (if you were able to get out there).

Susan :: wow, you and Christine sure have me rethinking the amount of yoga that I do!!…Please, do go on! :) Glad you had a great run with DH. Enjoy PUB.

I took a rest day today...Had a chiro appt. after school and am heading out shortly.

Have a great night!!
[font face="heather" font color=brick red size=+2]~Cathy [/font face] http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif
"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

thanks everyone!
shelly - yes we are thinking of renting if it doesnt sell when our other one is done.

sounds like you all are getting your workouts in and are busy as well. I will keep you posted on the houses, yes I am excited and cant wait to move in!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.