::: CHEETAHS ::: happy birthday, Carole!!! (Sat.)

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, ladies!

No one should be up at this ungodly hour, but since I am, I wanted to get us started and wish Carole an absolutely WONDERFUL DAY!

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/happycelebrations/th_icon_happybirthday.gif

Your humor, wisdom, and friendship are SO appreciated. Best to you!
http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/love/th_SUNSHINEBEAR.gif

Will be back with personals...
[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_skj.gif

http://img17.glitterfy.com/18/glitterfy183635T533D31.gif

Misery has enough company. Dare to be happy. ~ VW ad

Lori [font face="Symbol"]·[/font] hope you enjoyed your w/out. What'd you wind up doing?

Wendi [font face="Symbol"]·[/font] So glad to see you back. Great to hear you enjoyed yourself and had some downtime. You were overdue, woman!…Yep, after many years, I’m back to the morning side, at least for some workouts.

Sunny...is not reading this, is she? :) sending our Coiffed Cheetah some relaxing vaca vibes.

Carole [font face="Symbol"]·[/font] You hittin’ legs extra hard right now? What are your plans for your special day?

Dallas [font face="Symbol"]·[/font] sorry about your neck flare-up. I have had two adjustments trigger migraines for me, but after I shared it with my chiro, it hasn’t happened again. Hope you had fun on date night last night.

Lorie (twinnie!) [font face="Symbol"]·[/font] Oooh, you were off yesterday? I’m so jealous. I realized I never responded to the Yee thread from our yahoo group. I like him, but he’s not someone I have a strong preference for, if that makes any sense. I kind of snicker at his shirtless, spandex getups, but that’s because I’m very juvenile, in case you haven’t figured that out. :7 Otherwise, I like his instruction. He’s not too New Age-y for me, but he does get me in the yoga “zone.” How cute about the downward cheetah.

Jackie [font face="Symbol"]·[/font] Glad you’re feelin’ strong through Week 2. Enjoy the shopping for the house and your time with DBF.

Christine [font face="Symbol"]·[/font] Did you buy more kettlebells?…How was your night out?

Shelly [font face="Symbol"]·[/font] I’m smiling at the “fluffed, puffed, and buffed” comment. That one’ll be a keeper. :7 I do agree it’s idiotic that NJ wouldn’t make the necessary changes to ENTICE nurses, not drive them away.

Wendy [font face="Symbol"]·[/font] congrats on committing to the 10 miler! You’ll do great!!!…My fingers are crossed that Sunday happens for you. I want to make a ski bunny out of you, too! :7

Last night, I opted for a nice and easy yoga-based stretch of my own design. After a long yak session with my BF, it was late when I got to it, so that fit the bill perfectly. Today will be 4DS Ba&Bi and probably iTread #27 ski circuit. Might try to work in one of the pilates vids.

Yesterday I had an issue with my hairstylist. Please tell me what you all would do. (Feel free to skip this if you have no interest in hair drama. :7)

Let me start by saying I have gone to this girl for years and have only been disappointed with maybe one cut. Lately, she *has* gone a tad bit shorter than I would have liked, but nothing serious. Generally, I've been very happy. As I should be -- the salon I go to is pricey, but I do consider it a luxury well worth it because I'm always (with that one or two exceptions) satisfied with my cut and love how my hair looks.

In this case, the cut was not the problem. I think the shampoo assistant didn’t get the product out of my hair when she washed it. I came out there looking as though I hadn't washed my hair in a week.

As my stylist was blowing out my hair, she said my hair was really oily today and asked me what products I've been using (same ones I've been using for years) and if I rinse my hair well when I wash it. Like I’m some kind of moron. But I was kind of befuddled because her assistant had just washed my hair — twice. So regardless of my habits, it shouldn't have been a problem.

I pointed this out, and we then proceeded to have a conversation about my hair, with her insisting that it is oily and that she’s noticed it more so lately and that she tries to “hide” it for me. She said they use a special "cleansing cream" when they shampoo me because of this. I didn’t know what to say. I was stunned. I think I have normal hair that has a tendency to get dry and frizzy, if anything. I usually can go two days after getting it styled and NOT wash it, which is not typical for folks who DO have oily hair.

She offered to re-wash it but said she wouldn’t be able to dry it for me. So, I said never mind, just finish it. I sat in the chair, not believing how my hair was turning out. She asked if I was mad that she'd said that and she hoped not because I am one of her “favorite clients” (read: stupidly high tipper). I told her no, but the truth was, I was really kind of insulted. Her questioning me about the products and how well I rinse seemed to suggest that I am not clean and that it was my fault somehow.

When it was done, I told her it didn’t look good. She asked me again if I wanted her to wash it, but I just wanted to leave, so I did. Not before foolishly buying the stupid cleansing cream.

After I left, I started to think about this logically and was very annoyed that I'd paid top dollar for a cut and left there feeling not good about my hair and not good about myself! I know my hair. It’s not oily, and I never have a problem with product buildup. Her assistant didn’t rinse out the product, and instead of trying to blame ME, she should’ve fixed it or given me a price break. And instead of feeling embarrassed, I should have insisted that it be fixed.

I went home, calmed down, and thought I'd let it go and give her another chance. But as the resident insomni-maniac cheetah, I got up in the middle of the night and fired off a letter explaining why I no longer need her services.

My question to you RATIONAL :) people is, what do you do?

Do you give her another chance? Or do you send the letter and find a new stylist? Or do you just quietly find a new stylist? I would still go to the salon for pedis and massages, but I don't think I'd keep getting my hair cut there.

Good morning Cheetahs!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROLE!!!! I hope you have a wonderful day planned!

Cathy - I hope you got back to sleep a little this morning after all that :(. As for the issue with your hairdresser...I would be insulted, too. I really wish I had some words of wisdom but I don't. I tend to avoid confrontation as much as possible even though I may be seething on the inside...healthy, right? I do understand about spending a lot of $$$ and not being completely satisfied. The guy I go to does an amazing job with my color and I've gotten some fantastic cuts...but there are times when he goes way short and I end up looking like a poodle. I try to steer him toward longer the next time but I guess that's probably not the right way to go. Sooooo, long story short, I wish I could help :(.

This morning was DM (modifying the higher impact). I really need to put together a "proper" rotation for this week instead of this playing by ear thing. I'll probably do that tonight.

Well, gotta get to work. See you all tonight. Have a fantastic Saturday!

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Today DS has a b-day party to go to so I told DH I wanted a early morning workout. Well, not really early but I need to workout before the afternoon. He is going to take him while I workout but I still haven't decided what I am going to do.
Yesterdays workout was 3 mile run,4DSBC,4DSKB and PH.I didn't do the lunges or tris in PH, DS woke up so I skipped a couple of things. Im thinking I may just do a run today and abs work.

Cathy** I use to be a hairstylist. After washing someones hair, its all the same. One persons hair doesn't appear to be any different then anyone elses when your looking at the roots.And if its oily after washing it, then something is diffently wrong...its not being washed correctly. Her not taking the time to rewash your hair before drying it was ridiculous! It would have taken all of 4 mins out of her day. She shouldn't have even asked you, she should have just washed it again.Seriously, how long does it take to wash ones hair? I don't know if I would ditch her just yet but maybe you need to be a little firmer the next time you go? Say something like, "can you give it a really good wash this time?" You can even say " I don't think you washed all of the color out the last time" If you have to, lie..and say that your head was itchy! You know your hair better then anyone, if I went somewhere and they told me that my hair was oily I probably wouldn't go back only b/c I would know right then and there that they don't have a clue! In saying all of this, a good hairstylist is hard to find but you should never feel like you have to home and redo your hair once you have left a place. If anything you should want to sleep sitting up so that you don't have to do your hair the next day.

Wendi**bhope your having a good day at work. DM is a fun workout, isn't it/

Carole** Hope you have a fun day planned!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!:* :*

Hope everyone as a good day.Im not sure when I will return,I will probab;y be kept going all day!

Lori:)

Thanks Cathy for starting this special thread...:D...

About the hair story. I still work in an old fashioned Hair salon where the stylist washes and cuts your hair! Regardless, this was a ridiculous incident for you to have go thru! I do agree with what Lori said. I have worked in this industry for 18 years and am appalled she would not rewash your hair. You do have very thick beautiful hair and I bet it might take extra time to wash and rinse but this assistant was a dingbat, besides you are paying well for this service! If this incident woke you up in the middle of the night I would say Do Not return there! Send off the letter though...:D

I will be back with personals...:)

Good morning cheetahs

http://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/ani-thanks.gif[/img] for the B-day wishes. You are all very special to me...:)..My DH, Sadie and I will be going up to Ashland, Oregon later today (a very cute town) for a nice Vegetarian dinner and then spend the night. I will wake up early and run sunday morning and we will be back sunday afternoon...:)

Cathy...thank you, your words mean a lot to me...:)..I do plan on some Almond champagne!!! Enjoy 4DS and your iTread workout today.

Wendi..looks like a killer workout in the room!! I think I am the opposite as I always want to get back home after a vacay! Good job with DM.

Lori...have fun with the run and ab workout.

Dallas...I hope you and DH enjoyed your night out! Maybe your adjustment didn't hold? That does happen sometimes. I have been having chiro care for about 10 years regularly without hardly a set back. I think Pain Free exercises for the neck would help...I think you can do a search thru one of Egoscue's sites for neck pain:..http://www.egoscueresearch.org/questions.phtml?pagenum=2&search=

Lorie...I think your PT gave you great advice! That seitan recipe is one of my very favorites. I like Eions quote!!

Jackie..I hope you can try out the recipe. The legs felt great doing L&G yesterday. Good job on completing 2 weeks of the rotation.

Christine...do you have a Raley's or Ralph's? They should carry some of the Quorn products. Or even a local Health Food store. I had a nice V-Day, DH brought me some roses and we had a quick dinner together in between my clients. Hope you had a nice run and Kettlebell workout yesterday.

Shelly..I completely agree with you about running in the wind...unless of course it is always at your back...:)..I am enjoying doing Cathe's workouts with less weight and more frequent.

I am going to try and get in some Freestyle legs today and then some core yoga before we leave.

Hope you all have a great day!

Good Morning Cheetah-Babes.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Carole!!!!!

Sorry I never got back here last night but my BF texted me while I was at my MIL's so I ended up dropping DH off at home and then heading right back up to hang out with her. We went to Applebee's for dinner and then back to her place to chat with a yummy cuppa Dunkin!. I didn't get home until about 1am. OY! LOL I tried another meal off of the WW menu at Applebees and it was nasty! BLECH! I think I will stick with what I tried last time from now on cause that was REALLY good!

Today I want to clean the house, exercise and then we are going to go to the shooting range since we don't have DS. We might go out to dinner tonight as well. I think tmrw will be a go for the slopes. DH seems to feel pretty decent today. WOO HOO!:7

My work out today will be Tracey's High Intensity K/B and some yoga. Saturdays are my rest days but since I didn't work out earlier in the week, I am skipping my rest day this week. If we go skiing tmrw I will not be able to do Total Body+ as scheduled but intend to do it on Friday instead of Core Syn. I already missed Total Body+ at the beginning of THIS week so I don't want to miss it a 2nd time in a row. :)

Cathy: I have no good advice for you except to say that you if you are bothered enough by what occurred at the salon to have it wake you up in the middle of the night then perhaps it's time to find a new stylist.
I've spent my life trying to get a good haircut and have come to realize that the stylists I go to are fine...it's my hair and my patience level that are the problem! LOL I actually need to get my hair cut desperately but hate to bother cause I probably won't do much with it anyway! :p Needless to say, I gave up paying "top dollar" for haircuts a loooong time ago. I go to places like Super Cuts or any other inexpensive place. :)
So how is your pregnant BF feeling these days? :)

Well, my traditional 2nd cup o' java is almost gone and I am getting hungry for breakfast so off I go to find some grub!:9

I'll bbl to catch up with personals from y'day AND today as well as to let Carole know what I thought of Tracey's k/b work otu!:)

BFN!

[font +3] Happy Birthday Carole!!!![/font] What is on tap for your special day?

[font color= gold]Cathy[/font]- I am also a former cosmetologist. This person should have absolutely rewashed your hair. She was not paying attention, and maybe was even pushing the product on you. Find someone else who listens well. She needs a wake up. Oh, and send the letter.

[font color= gold]Lori[/font]- Your DH is very considerate to take DS to the party. So your knee is fine? Great news!

[font color= gold]Wendi[/font]- It sounds like your trip away was just what you needed! What kind of rotation are you looking to do?

I read yesterday's thread but just didn't have ambition to post and time was short. Time will be short all weekend, but I could not miss [font color=red]Carole's birthday![/font]

PS- We got word last night that DD16 arrived safely in Lima, Peru. TG!

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

edit:
[font color= gold]HI Wendy! [/font] I missed you there! Have fun tomorrow!

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

Thanks, ladies, for the feedback on the hair “fiasco” ;). Appreciate it!

I’ve decided I am going to return the product today before my VBF and I go out to lunch.

I will let the letter sit for a few days and then will send it. Thanks, everyone!

Wendi :: hope you have a short workday! How’s the foot?

Lori :: You are right – there’s a lesson learned here. Sometimes I am too laidback and understanding. I should have not accepted this, but I was truly taken aback and wasn't able to think straight until after I left. But I won’t make this mistake again. Hope you do get a chance to take a breather today.

Carole :: your birthday getaway sounds fab! Enjoy! Hope to see some pics. I’ll be sure to down a Corona Light in your honor tonight.

Wendy :: sounds like a fun night with VBF…Sorry you struck out this time with Applebee’s…I’m so doing the skiing happy dance for you right now!!…Actually, I woke up for a different reason, but while lying there, the hair issue popped into my head, and I got ticked off about it again and had to get up…I’ve also experimented with fancy and non-fancy salons and think it is hard to find someone good, but I feel she really disrespected me. I just don’t think I can “get over it.” BF is doing well…feeling a lot better.

Judy :: So glad to hear DD made it safely.

I've enjoyed a lazy morning, had a chiro adjustment, and will kick back for lunch and some shopping. I've decided I don't think I can work almost straight through the weekend like I did last week. I need some down time. So my afternoon plan is to work out and *maybe* tonight I'll knock out some work.

BBL...

i am soooooo lazy this morning! ugh! i woke up at 8 and have not moved since. x( x( x( i really need to go workout before it gets too late. so, i will come back later for personals but i really have to get my arse in gear!!!

Good Morning Ladies!

Carole: http://animations.fg-a.com/birthd_002sm2.gif
I hope it’s as fabulous as you are!!! You are such a great part of the Cheetahs!! What are your plans? It’s supposed to be an incredible weekend! Thanks for the info on the Quorn products. Unfortunately, we don’t have a Raley’s or a Ralph’s. I find it!

Shelly – Oh, you have a nice four day stretch starting today! Enjoy! Great job with the iTread 17. My bike isn’t THAT broken – it just needs a new tube in the back tire, but I’ve been lazy at getting it replaced. I’ll go through another cycle where Spinervals are all I want to do, and I’ll get it fixed then. :p LIC on the BOSU is fun – give it a whirl! You need to get a little creative, but those ‘round the world hesitations are fun!

Dallas – I know exactly what you mean about “No time later” when working out! I hope your neck issues get straightened out soon! Did you have a good dinner?

Cathy – I’d be miffed, too. I don’t know if I would want to go back to her. I know good stylists are tough to find, but they are out there. I’d always wonder what she was really thinking. Although I might go back, after styling my hair myself and ask for a refund on the unnecessary hair product, and let her know she should look into replacing her shampoo girl. Good luck, sweetie! I’m a good tipper, too. Enjoy your downtime! You deserve it!

Wendi - Have fun with DM!

Lori – so what did you end up doing? Have fun at the birthday party! Those are always fun.

Wendy – Sounds like you had a great time last night! How’s DH feeling? Hope you get to go skiing for the day! That would be fun! About your hair – ask your friends who they go to and find out who is good, then, when you go let the stylist know that you need a no-fuss hair style. My stylist is great and cuts my hair to be easy to style as I will spend approximately 15 minutes on my hair on a good day. :p

Judy – Glad your DD16 arrived safely in Peru! That’s great news!

Lorie - Sometimes we just need a break. Enjoy whatever you decide to do!

I had a great run and kettlebell workout yesterday. Honestly, the more I do the bells, the more I like them. I upped my weight on the Turkish getups and it felt good. Then DH and I met to refinance, and went to lunch (I had a nice light salad). After that I went “dream shopping”. Nordstrom Rack had all of the jeans I’ve been dying to try on sale. So I tried them all on and discovered that at least at this point, I’ll stick to Lucky’s. I hate pockets that are half way down my thighs! I guess I need more junk in my trunk. LOL. I also found a pair of Kate Spade shoes for $109.00 – red strappy pumps with a 4” heel. Absolutely adorable and they fit like a dream, but I couldn’t justify $109.00 on a pair of shoes I would wear every now and again – 4” inch heels equal 6’2 Christine … :p I did pick up a 20 pound kettlebell – figured I’d get just one more – that will work with the videos I have. So I had fun yesterday.

Dinner was fabulous! This restaurant is very expensive but everything served is incredible. YUM! I even finished it off with a chocolate macadamia nut pie. It’s a French restaurant so portions are a decent size and not enough to feed a Russian Army! I like that. Now it’s time to get back on the diet! :p

I have no clue what I’m going to do today. It was supposed to be a hike, but I have a hair appointment at noon – I think. She always calls me the night before, but she called last Friday and I asked if we could move it out a week. She told me she could, so she may be thinking that I already know and will be there. I’ll call at 10AM to confirm. Tomorrow will be the hike. I may do ASCII. We’ll see.

Have a great day everyone!

Me too Lorie! Glad I'm not the only one! ;-) It was much later than expected (midnight). We had fun though. I'm about to get on the treadmill, but wanted to tell Carole HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Enjoy!! Yeah, I think the second adjustment worked. I do think I need a massage for that area. ;-)

Cathy ~ Glad you sent the letter! :)

We have two soccer games, so may not get back until after that.

Have a great day Cheetah friends!! :)

Dallas

http://img108.mytextgraphics.com/glittertextgraphics/2008/01/20/313688601d1016fdd2954f4170630a2e.gif

"Nothing should be jiggling unless it's jiggling off." ~ Cathe HSC

Good morning Cheetahs!

No time for personals.

Carole - Happy Birthday! Hope you have a wonderful day.

Cathy - Think the stylist should have rewashed your hair. Since you are one of her favorite and best paying customers, she should have made sure you were happy before you left. I must admit I have gone back to a stylist after a fiasco and specifically explained what I want done or not done. My stylist now does a good job but sometimes forgets she should be doing what I want and not what she wants.

I did iTread #5 60 minutes and the last 30 minutes of Stretch X. Legs felt better today after changing my leg days around. I have a wedding to attend at 2:00 and things to get done around here. Gotta run.

Enjoy your Saturday!

Jackie

I'm back to try and bang out some personals before this day gets away from me!:)

Cathy: So do ya wanna run the 10 mile race with me at the end of March!?}( I haven't purchased the 10 min Tony's yet but I will and when I have the chance to try them I will let y'all know what I think. I will probably buy them in the next week or so and then extend my X+recovery by an appropriate amount of time just so I can try them out!:D So your VT ski trip is coming up fast! Are you ready? It would have been great to go with you but I just couldn't justify it. Hopefully there will be a ski trip (or many) in our future!}( Oh and you still have time to change your mind and come along tmrw if you want!!!...I know you are busy and I know I am bad but I had to!!!! }(

Sunny: Hope you have a great Cali getaway with DH this weekend!!!

Carole: So I only made it through about 15 minutes of Tracey's High Int. K/B. I was fine with it until she started doing the first set of those spider web things on the floor. I could go from prone to supine position but not from supine to prone so I got aggravated and turned it off completely! LOL I will try it again and perhaps SKIP that part for now. ;) I did the work out with my weighted gloves. From what I've done so far I can see how you'd think it was too easy but the gloves gave it a boost so I'm hoping it'll turn out to be a keeper. :)

Jackie: YAY on completing week 2 of the X! I've just finished week 2 of the X+ myself. I am disappointed in the set backs I had with it earlier in the week. Hopefully this coming week is better!

Christine: I need to move to Cali so I can have lunch outside in February!!!

Shelly: How's it going? What kind of energetic killer work out will you be doing today?

Wendi: Holy cr@p! That work out y'day looks amazing! How creative!!! You are one awesome cheetah! Wish you could run the 10 miler with me!

Hello to everyone else!

So I did a little of Tracey's Hi Intensity Kick Box and a little of TJ's Kick Punch Jam (about 35 mins of cardio total) and then did 20 mins of Yoga X.

My time is up for right now but I hope to be back a bit later!

Ciao for now girls!

workout report and then i will, hopefully, be back later. i did bosu blast in full and butts and guts in full. i am fried!!! for some reason, my legs were sore before i started bosu blast (maybe from y'days run?) and i was really feeling it. i am sure i will be feeling it tomorrow. anyway, since i can't eat before i work out, i am STARVING and need to grab something. not that i have much of anything in the house right now, but something. bbl.

Hi Again!

Quite day here today. We went out for a bite to eat after the soccer games. The boys won both games. Just one tomorrow (dd's)!!! I got in iTread #13 before we left. When she started the cool down I was at 4 miles. I stopped the iPod and continued to run watching a movie to get in 5.5 miles. Then I tried to follow Grace's stretches, but decided to do my own. ;-) I felt really good while running. I think the extra rest did me some good. :)

Lorie ~ Wow!!! What a kick butt workout!! I'm thinking tomorrow I'll do Bosu Blast too. :)

Wendy ~ I like the kick box gloves too. Hope you two make it to the slopes! Well, your night was an hour later than ours. It will be an early one tonight. ;-)

Jackie ~ Enjoy the wedding!

Christine ~ No pun intended on the "neck straightening out"? LOL! I guess it's classified as a flare up. :( Way to go on hitting some good deals!!!! I just got two pair of jeans from Banana Republic. IA - I do enjoy the kettlebell workouts. I'm still working on my mastering my form before I move to other workouts. Have fun on your hike!

Judy ~ Good luck to your ds at his tournament! Is it a two day? Wow! Lima, Peru?! Did she go with her friends?

Carole ~ Your day sounds wonderful! You deserve it!! Happy Birthday wishes to you! You could be "Friendly Cheetah" too! You're the best! :)

Lori ~ Have fun at the party!

Wendi ~ What a workout!! Good for you for getting something in at the hotel! Cooler for a step....think of the money we all could have saved ourselves. LOL! :7

Cathy ~ Oh, I thought you sent the letter and that's why she called you. See...she was feeling guilty. I would definitely talk to her, if you don't send the letter. Good luck getting your work done tonight.

Shelly ~ How's the house/yard work coming along?

Waves hi to Linda, Kristi, Posh, Sunny and any other Cheetahs!

I have a dilemma now. I'm not sure what I should start rotation wise??? I was thinking P90X. I'm anxious to see what results I can get with it. Anyway, my neck feels fine ***right now***. I'm guessing the extra yoga I did for my sore legs last week and my hunched over sitting position watching all those games last weekend aggravated it???? There was a bar we had to look under to see the field which was below us....anyway, thinking of going light on upper body (no shoulder presses), no yoga (I'll still stretch lower body), continue to run, spin, step, no kickbox, and focus on the legs (more freestylish). What do you all think of that plan? I fell in December and thought that my neck was fine. UGH!!! Am I getting old!??!? LOL!

Have a great night!!

Dallas

http://img108.mytextgraphics.com/glittertextgraphics/2008/01/20/313688601d1016fdd2954f4170630a2e.gif

"Nothing should be jiggling unless it's jiggling off." ~ Cathe HSC

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.