::: CHEETAHS ::: Going the distance (Sunday)

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetah lovelies! :)

Never made it back here yesterday, so let me finish up reading yesterday's thread and come back with personals.

[font face="comic sans ms" size=+1]WENDY[/font]
http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_sporty73.gif

Sending you PR and anti-rain vibes!!! Can't wait to hear your race report.

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Wendy ~ how was the Expo?

Gloria ~ I am in week 4 of a conservative plan…the long run was *supposed* to be 6 miles, but I had some chafing issues, so I cut it to five. Yikes! Those fire pics are disturbing.

Carole ~ Interesting about the cold wax. Did it hurt any less? Fun Day *was* fun…:)…we all needed that. I am just so thrilled that you are coming to Chicago!!!! :7 :7 :7 PS...You make a great wing woman! ;)

WT ~ ha ha, I wrote you back…Instincts are the way to go…What movie did you watch on the TM?...I need to see Eionn today, too. I am in the mood for ice cream. :)

Sunny ~ :) Ha---If I had more time, I would! I did buy a second guitar for Fun Day on Friday, so now I can battle it out with somebody else who stinks! Have you bought any new games recently? BIG CONGRATS to DS on his first 5K!!! What a great role model you are. Looking forward to the pics.

Judy ~ how was the gala?...Love listening to older folks talk about “back in the day.”
GH3 is so much fun, and it actually is good for hand-eye coordination. There is something about it that reminds me somewhat of the old Tetris game. Before the insane final crunch of NB writing, I would take a 20 or 30 minute GH break, and it was somehow relaxing. WOW on the 74.4 # squats!

Christine ~ you & DH sound like such a fun couple…love the stories…You are now my hero for rockin’ out Friday night and then followin’ up with a weight session AND a run!...
http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/happycelebrations/th_urthewoman.gif
Yesterday was to be a 6-miler, but I nipped it short by a mile.

Linda ~ it’s not really a big deal—I did some damage to it in that seemingly minor fender bender last summer, and since then, I’ve had to be careful not to overdo it at times. When I do, the impact of running does make it feel sore. Usually an adjustment makes a big difference—yesterday’s didn’t, but I’ll just have to remember to take some Aleve pre-workout until it’s back to normal. Woo-hoo—rackin’ up major miles there, miss! Hope you all enjoyed dinner.

Shelly ~ didn’t know that about Jerry. How fascinating! Love hearing the immigrant stories, too. I thought of having a brick commemorated at Ellis Island for my parents, but neither of them came through Ellis. My dad did come in by ship. Do you find you have any preference between a male or female MT? The only deep tissue I’ve had was rough—kinda scared me offa them.

Jackie ~ glad you finally had some beautiful weather, even though the outdoor portion of your run wound up getting cut short. Hope you enjoyed a relaxing night with DBF last night.

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Good Morning. :)

Cathy: Holy Cr@p, woman!? What time did you get up this morning!? I was up at 4:30am but not by choice. We have to leave here no later then 6am to head over to the race and I need my coffee/quiet time to wake up and remember how to function. All I can say is, WOW it sure is DARK at 4:30 in the morning. Mental note to self: NEVER get up at 4:30 am to work out....That's just CRAZY! LOL ;)

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the rain passes. It was also cold and windy y'day so I am hoping either the cold or the wind have passed as well. I can take one or two of the above (rain, cold, wind) but NOT all three!:eek: :eek: :eek: The race starts on a boardwalk so whatever the weather is like, it will be intensified being right by the water. Do a good weather dance for me, girls!:7

I am not sure if I have personals to catch up on or not so I'm gonna post this sucker and go check. If I have some to catch up on then I'll come back and start a new post. :)

G' mornin' ladies,

cathy- lol, i think i will have to play more with ds as i probably could beat him. then again these kids these days are amazin' when it comes to games so probably not. no new games lately. i have my eyes on mario kart and of course wii fit!

wendy- go girl!! i am doing a good weather dance for you. you are amazing!! oh by the way you asked about afterburn, yes you can do it at home. i am.

today starts my new program afterburn by alwyn cosgrove. similar workouts to nrolw however this program is geared towards fatloss. it's a 4 month program however i am starting at the second month as i've already been doing the TT workouts which are pretty much the same stuff in the first month of this program.

off to workout, day 1 afterburn followed by HIIT ( i am going to do it on the bike).

have an awesome day ladies!

Good morning Cheetahs :)

I didn't get a chance to check-in yesterday. I did 15miles/60minutes on the upright bike. I so liked this program. I could feel the burn }( I also did GIANT sets for biceps.

Today is a rest day. I think. Tomorrow I've been TOLD I have to pick up MIL from her eye appointment. So depending on the time--I may run today and move rest day to tomorrow. We shall see.

Wendy: Good luck on your race :) Hope the weather turns nice for you.

Cathy: How did your chiro appointment go? That sucks on the flat tires.

Lorie: Are you seeing great results with the NROLW? Did you preorder STS?

Sunny: That's great DS ran with you. :)

Gloria: Beautiful dog. I have a retriever. Those pictures of the fire are amazing.

Christine: Sounds like you and DH like to have fun :) That's great. DH and I went out last night. There were many Canadian fans out. I am a New York Ranger fan. While frowing up I liked the Flyers-- I liked Bobby Clark--the whole bad boy image :) MY DS is a big Ranger fan so our house is cheering them on. He and DH have been to Ottawa(location is close to us) and New York Madison Square Garden to see them play. My Dad took myself and brother to see the canadians play in the old arena in MOntreal when we were little. That was something. Every saturday night in their house was hockey night in canada.

Happy: Hope you enjoyed your dinner out. How old are the kids?

Shelly: Congrats on your race. You finished right ? That's somethign to be proud of and not worry about the time :)

Jackie: Your run outside sounds beautiful. I love runs like that :)

Judy: How did your night out go? I bet you looked great :)

Ok I'm off for some yogurt and a shower. Need to hit Wally world and I so don't wanna be there later when it will be crowded.

I may be back:)

Good Morning Cheetah gals!

Wendy: Yay for you! Kick some butt on your half marathon today!!! :)

Carole: I am sorry you are dealing with injuries. I know about them all to well unfortunately. Mechanically, my body isn't right so I am more prone to them. I have hip displasia. Yeah, I thought only dogs had it. So due to exercising and running since I was 14 I already have mild arthritis in my right hip. I don't feel it. My orthopedist said my hips have lots of miles left though. He is also an athlete.

Lori: I taught 7th grade for three years. It was an adventure every day! :eek: That is very cool you are a school psychologist. You have a hard job. I'm glad you are staying away from the ex. He doesn't sound right.

Sunny: That is fabulous you ran a 5k with your son. You are being an excellent role model for him! :)

Judy: That is so nice you spent the morning with your dad. The older folks have a lot to offer, don't they. What kind of smoothie did you have. I LOVE those!

Christine: I have had my share of hangovers! LOL! }( Great job on the workout and thank you re: my little Ellie. She truly is a gem!

Linda: You are really doing some great runs! Where do you live?

Shelly: I have spent the last two summers in Montana. My DH worked at a fly shop and we had free rent. We made MANY good friends and it is very dear place in my heart. Fabulous race by the way! I would be proud of that time, especially on a tough course!

Cathy: I am sorry you had some tough times yestereday. The road I live on has a ton of potholes, so I have had some blow outs because of it. What a PIA! Good job on your run despite the chafing.

Well, I had a few CAB's last night and am moving a bit slower this morning. Yesterday was a rest day and I am not sure what I will do today. I have a TON of school work to do. x( I will check in later! Have a fantastic day everyone!

Good morning cheetahs

GOOD LUCK Wendy!!!

Cathy...sorry about the "not so good day"...yep, I have them too. Sorry about the game not working and the flat...and the shorts issue...yeow!! Maybe running tights to the knee might be better on the long runs? Sending {{{HUGS}}} Today WILL be better!! Yes, the cold wax was less painful...Thanks, I am looking forward to Chicago, staying with Christine and supporting you and what other cheetahs will make it there!

Sunny..CONGRATS to your oldest ds and his 1st 5K!!! Will there be more races in his future?...:).I'd love to see a pic when you get them. Good luck with the new program.

Jackie...so you ventured out in the new neighborhood for a run?...cool...sorry abut the nature call. I do hope the inspection goes smooth..

Lorie..you silly girl!!....I posted some time ago that I was coming to Chicago along with Christine to support Cathy...I am not up to marathon distance but might run a bit...:D

Gloria...nice pics of your dog, he or she looks very sweet. Fire pics are always a bit scary. Thanks...I didn't start getting injuries until about 40. Then I started some perimenopause issues a few years ago...it never ends!! I am glad your hip is not painful.

Judy..how was the black tie affair? Thanks for the NROL tip. I will wait for after STS and maybe check it out...

Christine...sorry about the late night and not feeling so great yesterday. Glad the upper body workout and run with Jimmy helped you to feel better. I agree, sounds like to good time to get to Chicago. I normally use Travelocity for my flights, any others you prefer?

Linda...No special program at church, our services are on Sat...:)...I did take my dog Sadie as my Pastor wanted to tell the story about our dogs being sisters and from the same litter, as it was a surprise neither of us knew for some time. It was fun. Good job on the 8 and 11 milers!! Hey, I'd love to come to your house and do your nails...:D

Shelly..that is our crazy cheetah, running her slowest and still getting 2nd!!! You are awesome!!! Hope you had a great time at the BBQ. A male Massage Therapist is something I wouldn't try...but glad he got into your muscles well...:)

I am going to run about 8 miles with my sister and friend on a trail today. It'll be nice to get off the pavement.

Have a great day...:)

Ok, one last dog pic, I promise! :) I am just so excited about being able to post pictures!
100_0022.jpg

Good Morning Cheetahs!!

GO WENDY GO!!! Enjoy your Half and kick butt there girl! Can’t wait to hear about it!!! It’s not sooo crazy to get up at 4:30. It’s dark and quiet… :p Good vibes for the rain and wind to avoid you!

Cathy – Sorry you had such a lousy day yesterday! I hope today is better! I HATE when my thighs get chaffed! Hope they’re doing better! Oh, we’re way too old to rock out like that! DH was in pain all day. :+ I was feeling much better after the run, so I was ready to go (but I did not drink like he did!). Sorry you’re not sleeping.

Jackie - Glad you enjoyed a run through your new neighborhood! Sounds like a fun time. Good job getting everything done! I’m impressed!

Sunny – Enjoy Afterburn. I’ll have to check it out! Too cool! Have fun with your HIIT on the bike! Spinervals? Or just your own?

Kathy – Which program? One on the bike? That sounds fun! I’m riding today, I think, unless DH wants to hike. Have “fun” with your MIL. Hope you can get in a run either today or tomorrow… Great to meet another Hockey Fan! Hopefully we’ll be rivals soon! Although I’m not holding my breath. The next game is tonight in Dallas. This one will be tough.

Gloria – Ellie is a cutie. Hangovers are not fun, but the path to get them sure is! I usually am pretty careful, but some nights just get away from ya! Good luck with the school work. Have fun with what ever you do workout-wise!

Carole – We use Orbitz but they are all the same. Depending on cost, I might go with our mileage, we’ll see. Enjoy your 8 mile run today! I sent you a PM about hotels.

Well today is either a trail run or my Tough Love video – hoping to get through all 3 hours! :p We’ll see. I’m feeling much better today. Already have two loads of laundry done and I’m cooking the chicken and rice for Kimo’s food. Tonight is the Shark’s game – GO SHARKS!!! :p Have a good day everyone.

Hello Girls!

After the race I made DH take me out for breakfast :9 }( and then I came home and collapsed into bed for about an hour. I'm up and showered now and have a few minutes to post before I have to finish getting ready. We have to pick the munchkin up from my mom's around 2:30 and head up north to my SIL's for dinner. No rest for the weary, I swear! LOL

Okay, so the official results are not posted yet. I wore my garmin and started it when I crossed the start line and stopped it when I crossed the finish. It was a HUGE event...about 8500 people all starting 3 different races at one time (full, half and relay). They had pacers for the full runners so I stood between the 4:30 guy and the 4:45 guy as I was shooting for a 2:20.

According to my garmin when I finished my mileage was 13.32. I don't know what's up with that but I guess if you don't run the EXACT line they tracked the mileage on you will end up running a little further.
My garmin's time was.....ready for this....*drum roll* please....:7
2:15:53

It took me about 3 minutes to cross the start line at the beginning because there were just sooooo many people there so when I crossed the finish line the clock read 2:18:XX. I didn't commit the seconds to memory. I was too darned tired! LOL

Anyway, I don't know if they will use the gun or the start line for the final results but either way I AM ECSTATIC! I beat my goal and then some!!!!

According to my garmin, my splits ranged from a 10 min mile to 10:28 and my overall average pace was 10:12! My goal was stay between 10:30 and 11:00 so I am THRILLED to say the least.

I am also hobbling around here like crazy and will be hurtin' for a couple of days but it's all worth it IMO!

So I drank a serving of Heed (electrolyte sports drink from hammer) with one of the edurolytes capsules in it before we left this morning and then I drank another serving with an endurolyte capsule in it during the race. I was fine....until I stopped running...just like with the 10 miler. It wasn't terrible...again it was nothing compared to my first hm but I'm still battling the cramping. ACK! I am beginning to wonder if this is just how my body reacts to a long, hard, fast run and all I can do is try to minimize it but won't be able to stop it?? Oh well...Enough of that.

I hate to say it but I'm outta time now...

I'll try to pop back in later tonight when I get home.

Later babes!:7

Gloria..I have a couch the same color!! Cute pic!!

Christine...got your PM and PM'ed back...:)...enjoy your run or long video! How is Kimo doing?

Wendy...http://www.deepbox.com/media/i/EHwdgnxiqqBoist.gif[/img] on the great time for your half!!

My run ended up about 7.7 miles. Mostly pain free. I felt a bit of hip pain about 4 miles but it seemed to subside towards the end and I am feeling good...

Carole: We love green. We're nature lovers I guess. :) Great job on the run and I am happy you felt little pain!

Ran 5 miles in 47:46. Feeling good and ready for a shower! :)

Hey there! It is such a beautiful day! Wish they could all be like this!!

Cathy - Good job on the 5 miler! I may do what you mentioned the other day, about not doing "lower body" work very often, while in this marathon traiing. I did do Tracey's new circuit workout...but may do like you and not do strict lower body workouts and see how it goes.

Wendy - Congratulations! That is an awesome time! Don't ya love to come home after a long run or race and sleep? I love to do that! It feels wonderful!

Carole - That is so cool that you dogs are sisters from the same litter! Great job on your run!

Gloria - I live in Charleston WV. Thanks re: my runs :) Enjoy whatever you decide to do today! Another great picture! You don't have to stop posting pics! We love pics...and doggies, and animals, period :7

Kath - Good job on the bike ride and weights. Ugh! I hate Wally World when it is realy crowded!!! Hope you are able to beat the crowd!

Sunny - Ooo! That sounds interesting! Enjoy the training and keep us posted!

Christine - Enjoy whichever you decide to do! I can't imagine 3 hours of spinning! :eek: Hope Kimo is doing well!

This morning I did Tracey's new Circuit Zone and ran 4.93 miles. I was so sore from the past few days, that Circuit Zone was actually tough for me. I am sure that when a person isn't exhausted or sore from previous workouts....it would be a lot easier. I actually liked it today. I know Sunny wasn't pleased with it, so I am anxious to see what I think of it the next time when I am not wiped out! }(

My run today felt great, though!

Hey to everyone!

wendy- congratulations on your new HM pr!! i knew you could do it, wooohooo:D

carole- glad you had a virtually pain free run:)

christine- i will keep you posted on afterburn. are you still doing ETK?

gloria- your dog is so cute! thanks for sharing the pics.

linda- i am glad you liked circuit zone! when is your marathon?

kath- did you pick up anything interesting? are you following your own rotation?

jackie- did you get a heavy bag?

i loved my workout today!!

lunges (12 ea leg)
seated rows (12 reps)
romainian deadlifts(12 ea leg)
4 sets all supersets

bench press (15 reps)
step ups (12 ea. leg)
reverse crunch (12)
3 sets of supersets

followed by my own HIIT on my bike. whew, i was completely pooped when i was done but had alot of fun!

Hi ladies,

I just wanted to say thank you for always taking time to answer my questions. I really do appreciate it.

I am going to see an Orthopedic about my ankles. I just hope it doesn't take me forever to get in to see someone.

*♥´¨)
¸ .• ♥ ´¸.•*♥´¨) ¸.♥•*¨)
(¸.•♥´ (¸ ;.♥•Jennie•♥

Smoke free since: 2/05/08

WAY TO GO WENDY!!! YAY! I’m so happy that you smashed your PR!! Soo cool!!

Gloria – I love Creole and Mexican food, too. I also have a green couch that color. Too funny. Oh, and don’t worry about the doggie photos – I’ve primed the group really well. They watched Jimmy grow up. I’m sure they’re happy to see a different furry face gracing the pages of our forum.

Carole – Good job on the almost pain free run! Glad you’re feeling good now!!

Linda – Sounds like a wonderful day over there in West Virginny! Congrats on the great run! Hope you like Circuit Zone when you are less tired, too!

Sunny – Yes, I’m about to head into the tough stuff with ETK. The first four weeks are really easy. I was getting kind of bored, so I added a lot of other stuff to it. Sounds like a great and fun workout!

Jennie – good luck with the new doctor. I think it’s a smart move to see the orthopedic doctor.

I ended up doing 2 hours and 20 minutes of Tough Love. Holy crap! This workout hurt as much as my 10 mile run! Coach Troy has you do a lot of standing. In fact there is 2 ten minute reps where you alternate 1 minute sitting, 1 minute standing in a big gear for the full 10 minutes. Then there are 5 sets of 6 minutes each where you do the same thing but in smaller gears. OUCH! I skipped 2 of the 6 minute sets and the second 10 minute one. As well as the last set which is 4 sets of 3 minutes of straight pedaling seated (phew!). There are also 2 sets – 1 that’s 30 full minutes another that’s 20 full minutes of 1 minute per gear and sometimes standing. They both end with a minute of standing. My legs are pleasantly toasted.

Sunny - Your workout sounded awesome! Good job! My marathon isn't until Nov. 2. I have a 15k this Saturday and the Distance Run (15 miles) on Labor Day weekend. That is the agenda, at least as of right now ;-)

Jennie - I sure hope you get in to the doc soon and that your ankles are ok!

Christine - Whew! 2 hours and 20 minutes! I know I couldn't have lasted that long:+ My quads kill me in spinning workouts!! My legs wouldn't have been toased....the would be burned to a crisp!! ;-) Good job!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.