::: CHEETAHS ::: Goin' for post-holiday burn! (Wed.)

RunninTeach

Cathlete
http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/morningsmile.gif cheetah babes!

Not too many personals to catch up with since I was one of the last to post:

Christine :: Your new watch is GORGEOUS! Nice job, DH!! Glad everyone enjoyed themselves...Yes, I packed most of everything on Monday - I just have to add a couple of last-minute items (my hair dryer, travel pack tissues, phone charger, etc.) and I'm set. I'll leave for the airport around 2ish.

Today will be legs. Thought I'd go for PLB, but I'll probably opt for something else yet-to-be-determined.

Have a GREAT day...BBL!

this will be a quick post as i am headed out to brave the crowds at the after christmas sales!!! yikes! wish me luck!

my hip continued to hurt all day yesterday and still hurts today so *shocker* i won't be doing any cardio. also, i think i ate enough yesterday to cancel out all 11.4 miles! x( anyway, depending on when i get back, i may do upper body, maybe some kickboxing (without the leg stuff). we'll see. xDF/BF is going to be here mid-afternoon, so who knows what i'll have time for.

i have a funny christmas story to tell all of you but i have to get going so i'll be back to let you guys laugh at me later.

i am bringing my B&N gift card. cathy, you are da best!

wish me luck!!!

RE: ::: CHEETAHS ::: Goin' for post-holiday burn! (Wed....

Good morning cheery Cheetahs!

Can you imagine my surprise when I logged on this morning and saw a PM from Linda saying that she got me a gift from Cathe.com and it's on it's way to me? Awwww, I almost cried :D. Thank you so much...that really was just too sweet and definitely above and beyond!!!!

Our Christmas was nice and low key yesterday. I can't remember the last time I sat around for an entire day and did nothing (other thatn my 2 hour stop at work). I was itching to go for a run but my blisters said that wouldn't be a good idea yet. I'll give em today and then come Thursday morning I'll be back on the TM :7.

Cathy - Yup, Kohls opened at 6 this morning. My mother and grandmother may brave the shopping crowds while I'm at work today or they may just go home...they're not sure yet. Love the thread title today. Count me in as one who definitely needs to burn off some of the last two day's damage. All I did was pick, pick, pick all day. Oh, you must be counting down the minutes now. Have a wonderful time!!!!!

Lorie - I hope that hip loosens up for you quickly! I hope things go well when xDF/BF visits later. I have to second Cathy's mallet wielding smiley! Enjoy your shopping!

Carole - Oops, sorry I read that wrong. Well, here's hoping for the future, right? So, who won the game? You'll laugh at what we ended up watching yesterday...the Dog Whisperer marathon. Now that's dorky!!! My grandmother loved it :7.

Christine - Loved your pics of the helpers lol! OMG what a cute pic of Jimmy...too funny! Ahem, it sounds like your DH is a keeper as well. Wow, beautiful watch! My SO looks like he outdid himself too but I won't know for sure until Thursday when we have our own celebration. We were afraid some of our gifts wouldn't be *ahem* suitable for opening in mom and grandmom's presence ;-).

Linda, Linda, Linda - You most definitely did not have to do that! Thank you so, so much. You are the sweetest! *Got the warm fuzzies goin' on*

Kristi - You're very welcome hon! I hope things at work aren't too chaotic. I know exactly what you mean about your boss not knowing how to do your job. Whenever I go back even after a few days off it seems like everything is in shambles.

I think that catches me up for now. I'm hoping my work day isn't too long today and I get done early and check back in later. Who knows, if my company is gone I might just pull out some KB/BC cardio and some weights and go to town. I don't like being in this slothlike state. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Good Morning Cheetah babes!

I can't beleive the chatting that went on here yesterday! You guys must have been bored at home with your families;)

We woke around 6:30ish and DS was not into the gift opening at all. Actually, I don't think he enjoys anything thats not "normal" for him. He hated the fact that he was upstairs and I don't think he enjoyed people being around either. My inlaws were here but DH also invited 2 of his friends. One is a cop that is away from home and the other guy as always been a wander'er and he was here to. We had to take a break from the gift opening and poor DD, I don't even think I seen her open many gifts b/c DS was causing such a fuss that I was constently trying to occupy him. Then I had to go to work for a couple of hours but ended up being 3...I had to deal with something before I could leave. But its out of my hands now and I am off for a couple of days.

I have never been so bloated in all of my life. On top of eating (which I don't think is to much) and starting TTOM, the scale is showing a 3 lbs gain:eek: I wasn't to bad yesterday and even got a 4 mile run in but for some reason my stomach is hurting and now today we are heading to my parents for the night and my mom is cooking another turkey! I don't know how much more I can eat!:9 So Im sure the bloated feeling and bad belly will continue into tomorrow.Im going to try to get a good workout in shortly so Im hoping that will help:)

Santa treated me well as usual. Didn't get a TM but I did get 2 coats,a white gold chain,boots,breadmaker,facial kit....hmmmm what else. That was just from DH but I had a pile of other things, my sister went a little crazy buying gifts this yr.

Lorie** I didn't think anything was opened today either. Have fun!

Cathy** Enjoy your workout today. Im hoping to get a good burn in!

Christine** Glad to hear you got your gift! I was afraid that you would think you were forgotten! hehe Hope they fit, There were different sizes.

Jackie** Thanks for the gift! Fits to a "t"...hehehe

Im not sure if I will be back today so enjoy another holiday day everyone!

Lori:)

Ahhh Hi friends!

From the looks of this thread we all kept pretty busy the last few days. I lurked but did not have time to reply or work out.

Today is a new Cheetah day and here we go :) I would like to echo the comment about this lovely group of friends. Thanks for being a sweet, motaviting, and good listening group.

I will not be doing many personals today again, but Lorie is your hip ok? did you put ice on it and take any ibuprofin or naproxin?

Christmas Eve and Day were rest from exercise days but very packed mostly with food preparations and such. Our big Christmas Eve Party went off well with my family (34 of us total) Yesterday we had a more formal dinner here with DH's parents and his Dsister. We did set a beautiful table. I forgot to snap a picture of it!

A run is really needed after two days of no workouts and eating holiday indulgences!

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Lori - Oh, I would say Santa was very good to you :D. Sorry DS wasn't too thrilled with his first Christmas. I'm sure by next year he'll be quite a handful }(. It does sound like you had a houseful yesterday. I'm in the same boat as you with the bloat so I refuse to step on the scale for at least a week. I haven't eaten anything too, too bad but I know that with the added salt and some sweets that I have definitely put on some water weight and am not going to stress about it. It's nothing that a week of clean eating and a few workouts won't take care of. Try not to sweat it, okay? Had to LOL at the "bored with family" comment. Sitting on the couch watching TV all day would NOT have been my first choice of activity.

Judy - Wow, 34 people! I can't even imagine :eek:. Nice to hear it was lovely and went off without a hitch. Enjoy your run!

Okay, I've really got to get going now. Hasta luego!

Good morning ladies (Merry day after Christmas:) )

didn't get a chance to check-in yesterday as the kids woke up at 7:30am and we hit the floor running. i have to say all the work we put into christmas is just sooooooooo worth it to see there little faces lite up and to hear their squeals of delite! we had a very enjoyable christmas day:D

i too must echo the sentiments shared yesterday. it's very hard for some to imagine a close net of cyber friends but that is truly what we have here. wonderful ladies, who are sweet, encouraging beyond belief and who share the love of healthy living! ((((GROUP HUG)))))

cathy- yesterday i did have all over body DOMS.

today's workout will be chest and back (some form of cardio). last day i get to workout with my sis, as she is leaving to go back to nj tomorrow morningx( .

i do have to go teach a 30 min bootcamp class later on but that's all the work i am doing today.

BBL.....:)

Lorie :: *sending quick healing vibes* for your hip! How was your shopping adventure?

Wendi :: hope you get a short workday today.

Lori :: Our family does the big thing on X-mas Eve, so X-mas Day itself is always quiet and low-key and perfect for futzing around…I’m sure those of you with little ones have a much different scene. :) Today is not a holiday here in the States, so stores are definitely open (some were even open yesterday), but I didn’t realize how EARLY they opened!…enjoy your time off.

Judy :: sounds like you had a busy but lovely holiday. 34 people is a lot to host!

Sunny :: enjoy your last workout with DSis…sorry she has to go home!!

I am actually rethinking my workout plan today…Am thinking it may not be such a good idea to work the legs hard today as they will be in use all day tomorrow on the slopes. And on top of that, I’m back to feelin’ the sniffles and queasiness – DOH!! I’ve been dry heavin’ this morning. Gotta get some Airborne goin’ here!!! I will NOT be full-blown sick on vacation! Anyway, all things considered, I might make it a rest day, after all.

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/stockingsmiley1.gif

Mornin' Cheetah Babes!

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!:)

We had a long and tiring day yesterday ... especially with only 4 hours of sleep x( ... but it was nice just the same. DH got me the new Ipod Nano I wanted! 8 gigabytes of GRACE SPACE! YEE HAW! }( :7

I have no idea how I will spend today. I will work out. I know that but beyond that I don't know if it will be a lazy day, a cleaning day or what. I guess I'll see what I feel like doing after breakfast.

Well the munchkin wants up so I'd better go get him. I'll be back in a few!:)

Good morning cheetahs

WOW..its a chilly 27 degrees here!!!

Cathy...the dinner went well without many comments, so I left the soapbox alone...:)..Good job with PUB yesterday. I hope you have an awesome time on your ski trip!!!

Lorie...sorry about your hip, I do know the feeling. Enjoy shopping and tell us about the good deals...

Wendi...I have heard a lot about the Dog Whisperer, just never watched it! Sounds like your X-mas went well.

Lori...sounds like you got lots of stuff for X-mas. I think most people ate a lot yesterday.

Judy...WOW!! 34 people...I bet you all had a great time.

Sunny...enjoy your C&B workout with your sister.

Wendy...way to go with the new iPod!

Linda...glad you liked the scrapple link...YUK!!!

X-mas went well at my Mom's. We took Sadie and she had a ball with all the people, she even ate turkey!!...:D...I have a short work day. But will do GS floor legs, abs and 40 min on my EXT this morning.

Have a great day...:)

Hi, Ladies! I am new and looking for a group to join. Just wondering if I could join this one? Thanks.
Carla

Good Morning Cheetahs!

Kristi – I love Coach Sean, too. And I have my DH hooked on him as well. Sorry DH had to work yesterday, even for such a short time. That’s hard. Enjoy your day back to work.

Cathy – Thanks re: my watch. Notice I’m not complaining about not getting the barbell? I’ll take the watch! :p Enjoy your yet-to-be-determined workout! HAVE FUN SKIING!!!! Say hi to Colorado for me! I miss it!

Lorie – Wow – you ARE a brave soul! Enjoy your shopping and good luck! That sucks about your hip. I, too, ate enough to feed a small nation for a couple of day. Today, it’s back on track. Can’t wait to hear your story.

Wendi – Sorry you got lost in the shuffle! So sweet of Linda to send you something! Sounds like you enjoyed your Christmas, that’s great! LOL about the suitability of your gifts in front of Mom and Grandma! You have me rolling! Yeah, DH, can come through at Christmas. He ignores the anniversary’s for the most part, but hey, ya cannot have everything. I have my fingers crossed for work today!

Lori – THANK YOU!! I loved the gloves and candy!! Too funny about your DS. As he gets used to Christmas it will become more “normal” for him. I’m glad you’re off and able to enjoy your family! They fit well. If they didn’t I would be able to get new ones and give those DD who also needs a pair. So they will be well loved. Oh, don’t you know NOT to step on the scale after eating a lot, AND at TTOM? :p

Judy – We had a great formal meal yesterday, too. I cooked all day as well, but I enjoy that. Glad you had such a great Christmas Eve and Christmas!

Sunny – Oh, how sweet to hear about your DS’s and your Christmas! I’m so glad you had a great day! Enjoy your workout!

Wendy – I read your Christmas gift list – NICE!! I’m so happy for you! Enjoy your day today!

Carole – Glad to hear there were no comments over dinner! Love how Sadie fit right in! Enjoy your workout and hope the work day goes quickly.

Carla – of course! We would love to have you here!

Well, today I think we’re finally going to make that trip to Napa. We’ll go and check out the condo site, have a nice lunch, visit Domain Chandon, and come back home. It’ll be fun. Before we go I’ll get in a workout. I’m thinking I’ll start with ASC II and if the learning curve keeps me from getting a really good workout, I’ll add something. Have a great day everyone!

Hi Carla! We absolutely LOVE having new people to chat with. You are very very welcome to join us:7 :7 :7 We call ourselves the cheetahs because we all love to run.... in addition to doing other fitness related things and Cathe of course.
This is a very chatty friendly bunch!!!! Please share with us info about you!!

ShellyC

Good morning lovely cheetahs! I hope everyone slept well and you all are ready to get in some great post Christmas runs and workouts!
I only was able to get in an hour or so of sleep after working yesterday so i hit the sack HARD last night but I'm feeling recharged now..... lookout world, Shelly's coming!:eek: I was able to fit in my tempo run and later 4DS double cardio.... actually felt good doing it... don't know where the energy came from!
DH and I had a very enjoyable over at my parents and it was good seeing my niece (and 2 grandnieces) and nephew. I may join them in a hike today... if they can stand having an old lady join them. (Actually they may be afraid I'll leave them in the dust LOL) In a bit I'll be heading down to the basement for a good circuit workout.
I'll be doing one of the bodymax w/os, not sure which one yet.
Later I'll hop the old EXT for a good 40 min or so.

DH really came thru with some awesome gifts for me yesterday! My favorite wasn't any jewelry (rarely wear it anyway) or even a fitness toy. As you all know I run long distances out in the lonely country roads, not exactly a real safe thing to do alone but what's a maniac runner to do? DH frets about it all the time cuz I'm unwilling to carry a gun with me (too heavy) even tho I have a concealed weapons permit and am a pretty good shot. He found me a 22 that folds up like a pocket knife believe it or not and clips on my belt! It's as light as a cell phone if you can believe it!

I'll be back with personals.

ShellyC

:) :) :) personals:) :) :)

Lorie- Love your pic of IVY yesterday!!! She looks so sweet! Great job on banging out all those miles on the TM yesterday but a big tsk tsk on running thru that hip pain!! Hope it gets better.

Wendy- Sounds like you had a great holiday and I'm glad you've recovered from the lack of sleep and excitement. WOW, you really scored with the iPod... will you load only workouts on it?

Jackie- how's the heartburn today?

Linda- Great job on 10 miles on a TM :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: On Christmas day no less! That was so sweet that you sent Wendi a gift today!

Christine- Love the Jimmy the reindeer pic!!! I can't get those things to stay on my dogs for 2 seconds, let alone long enough for a pic. Have fun with ASCII today. I watched the tutorials first and was able to get in a great workout the first time even with the learning factor.

Cathy- Loved your pics yesterday... you look absolutely LOVELy and very fit!!!! You'll be an awesome ski bunny :* :* :* :*
Have fun!

Wendi- I am very happy to hear that you had a "slothful" day!!!
You deserve it!! I bet that fit bod of yours is glad for the break.

Lori- Sorry your DS wasn't very cooperative yesterday, but I'm willing to bet your family/friends really didn't mind. Sorry it got broken up a bit by having to go into work but at least it was only for a few hours.

Judy- 34 for Christmas eve :eek: :eek: :eek: You have a HUGE family!!

SunnyD- Joining in on the ((((Group HUG)))). Also adding a rousing
cheer..... "goooooooo CHEETAHS!!". Hope you get in a good BURN of a workout today with your sis.

Carole- What? Sadie isn't a vegan like Mom??? (LOL) Nice that you have only a short work day today!!!

Kristi- Hi! You had a great Christmas yesterday it sounds like!
That's it folks!

tata- I just called my niece and she's excited I'm going with them... but it's funny.... she said exactly my words earlier....
she's afraid I'll leave them in the dust! I'll be nice!}(

ShellyC

Well, thanks for the warm welcome! I think I came to the right place!! I love to run too. I took a break from it, and am now trying to get back into it. I have lost some endurance. Hopefully it won't take me long to find it. Well, a little about me. I am about to turn 30 in 7 days. I have a 12 year old. I have been married to my soulmate for 13 years. I work in a psychologists office and am going to school for my AS Degree. I had fallen into a funk for a while and put on some pounds. I am trying to get back to bikini ready for the summer. We are big time fishing family. I live in Florida. I was a member of Cathe's forum years ago. I have found my way back. I have used her workouts for about 6 years.

Well, I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas and ready to kick butt in the new year!

Hi Again Cheetahs

Carla- Welcome to Cheetahville :) Tell us about yourself.

Linda- What a sweet gesture~~~ to send out a Cathe gift for Wendi! Nice long run too!

Carole- That is so cute that Sadie liked going to you Moms for Christmas Day!

Christine- Visiting Napa is a goal of mine and DH's . You know he is very California Cabernet and has about 150 + bottles currently. But we don't just save them, we drink them too! (

Wendi- you did well with the preparations for Mom and Grandma! And kudos for SO helping out! Isn't our Linda a sweetheart and so thoughtful?!

Wendy- You must have slept well last night after 4 hours only the night before! I'm with you about what to do today. I did do an 8 mile run already though. And my lovely teenagers and 20 something drained all 100 gallons of our hot water before I could get my bath in. Thye are gonna here about this.

Shelly- Guess what? I got cold weather running clothes. They were great on this morning's run! I also got new running shoes. DH and I had picked them out for both of us in November and we put them away until yesterday.

Cathy- I'm guessing your legs are going to get plenty of activity on the slopes! no sweatin' skipping PLB today! Have a great trip!

Jackie and Sunny and Thommassina and Kristi and Lori happy day after Christmas! Whats up?

Ok, as mentioned above, I did an outside 8 miler this morning. It was possibly the worst run I have ever experienced. I had major GI issues (the big "D") and I found it impossible to run at a decent pace. There were no secluded woody areas or bathrooms available so I had to just get through it. I guess the bad runs are what make the good ones so much better in comparison! I am done with holiday food indulgences. It wasn't worth it. We probably had more butter in the last two days that in all of last year total! and I ate full fat cheesecake too. ughhh!

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

okay, cheetah lorie reporting in!

yes, the stores were open. macy's opened at 6 am and i was right there waiting. target opened at 7 am and i was there as well. then, i went back to the mall (target is directly across the street) where all the stores opened at 7 am. I GOT SOOOOO MUCH GREAT STUFF, all for great prices!!! i got tons of christmas stuff for half the price, gifts for people throughout the year, and a couple of things for me :D . new york and company has everything in the store buy one get one free so i got two really cute sweaters. i also got a new wallet at macy's. i even got xDF/BF some presents for this year since we will be opening presents this afternoon (i might just be on to something with celebrating the day after ;-) ). i just saw a few things i couldn't resist. the pups got more gifts from petsmart. the BEST part...i told xDF/BF since he wasn't here on christmas he had to make it up to me. also, because he wasn't here, he wasn't here to go shopping with me this year, so everything was going on his credit card (the one he pays off every month). *insert evil laugh here*

so, here's the greatest part...i was talking to xDF/BF while i was in target (i was asking him about something for his mom-a digital picture frame ornament) and i went to the fitness aisle to look for a bosu. there was ONE left! i was telling him how excited i was that they had one and i was going to get it with my christmas money. he said, you mean the one i was going to stop at target for before i got there? so...he's buying me the bosu!!! yay!!! i put it under the tree. :)

here's my funny christmas story. i decided i was going to have a drink or two on christmas and i really don't drink. i like ginger ale and vanilla vodka (it tastes like a cream soda). anyway, i thought i was being all big making my own drink. i put the vodka in a shot glass and added it to a glass of ginger ale (isn't that how you're supposed to do it to make sure you measure out the right mix???). after one, i was feeling it but not so much so i decided to have another one. well, about 15 minutes after my second, i felt a horrible urge to puke. suddenly i was SO drunk! i couldn't understand how two little drinks could make me so drunk. two is usually my limit because i don't like to feel drunk-drunk. anyway, after puking (sorry TMI), i was still so drunk!!! i even had to lie in bed and the bed was SPINNING!!! my best friend came upstairs to check on me and i told him i couldn't figure out why i was so drunk when i only had two drinks. he informed me that the shot glass i was using was a DOUBLE shot glass and i really had four drinks! no wonder considering one drink gets me loopy!!! so, i spent half of christmas night in bed (spinning) and drunk. i still had a great time with my friends and my best friend stayed and took care of me until i fell asleep. of course, i woke up a few hours later starving and had turkey, mashed potatoes, chips, dip, and about a hundred pieces (seriously) of that toffee i made!!!

anyway, i thought you guys would get a kick out of that story!!!

as for the hip, it still hurts. i'm taking alieve. what's weird is it hurts not only when i walk but to the touch. i can't imagine what i did but i am resting it today.

love to all my cheetah gals!

sorry for the lack of personals. apparently, i just wanted to be self-centered and write a novel about me!

Hey, lovely ladies! My last check-in before leaving for the airport. If there is some downtime (like if I’m up way early before the chickens as I am known to do!), I may be able to pop in and say hello via my cell phone, but otherwise, I will touch base again when I get back on Monday.

Wendy :: sweeeeeet! A Nano!!!! Hope you enjoy your day today and get a chance to recharge some.

Carole :: glad you didn’t have to straighten anybody out at dinner!…enjoy a short workday followed by a killer w/out, as usual.

Carla :: welcome!! You have come to the perfect place for motivation and encouragement among fellow runners. At the moment, I myself am not doing much running. I just purchased an elliptical (we call it an EXT here) and have been using that heavily as I am primarily an outdoor runner and do not care for the TM too much. Am trying to get over that “block” this winter...Lately, the weather hasn’t been cooperative – it’s either been rainy, high winds, or both, so runs have been sporadic. I fell out of running and healthy habits for several years when I first started teaching…I returned to working out in Jan. 06 and have since (slooooowly) lost about 35 lbs. I’d like to lose about 15-20 more, so I’m with you on the butt-kicking, fat-blasting journey!!

Christine :: I opted NOT to work the legs today, after all…I realized it wasn’t very good planning on my part as my legs’ll get PLENTY worked all day long tomorrow. I really don’t need to start off with DOMS. I am enjoying some nice chest DOMS from yesterday’s PUB, though. So today was rest. I’m still fighting a cold, too. I feel like it’s the same story every few weeks – my immune system must be crap!…sounds like a lovely day planned in Napa – enjoy!!

Shelly :: cracked up at your niece, nephew & co. being fearful of being left in the dust! No doubt!! That is so cool that you have a gun that folds up like a pocketknife and is so lightweight. Perfect for peace of mind for you and DH! God knows what kind of dingoes and other wildebeasts you might encounter out there on those Wild West trails! ;) :)…thank you! Your post made me smile. I’m a bit more Stay-Puf/Michelin Tire Man than ski bunny! *lol*

Judy :: so sorry about that lousy run…GI issues mid-run is the WORST!…The situation’s not at all funny, but I did have to laugh when you referred to it as “the Big D.” ACK! What could be worse? Glad you made it home, though, without incident!!

ETA: Lorie :: Yipppeeee on the BOSU!! So happy for you!!!! Enjoy!

Warm hellos to everyone else!! :) :) :)

Well, I'm off to close up the suitcase. Will stop by the pharmacy on the way and pick up more Airborne. Dang crud! I will use cheetah power to plow through and stay strong!!!

TTYS!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.