.:. CHEETAHS .:. Friday 8.08.08

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, everyone! :) :) :)

Let's kick off the day with some good news: Did you know that the smiley limit was lifted completely? AND images are now enabled in our signatures? YAY! :)

BB with personals shortly.

Gloria :: Yeah--the allergy situation is a little intense. Your secretaries have to handle that stuff? Wow. Besides wondering how they do it all, I would think that would be a legal nightmare. ITA with you about treating the administrative & custodial staff well...Stinks about the car needing yet another repair already. Could the timing be any worse? Hope your nap left you feeling refreshed.

Linda :: oh, you're too funny, not having your glasses on to see the caller ID. It sounds like you are overdue for your vacation. PS...No one says Jersey like "Joisey" except in the movies, thankfully. :)

Posh :: *lol* about your forgotten workclothes. Never a dull moment for you! Yes, I did get your PM--thanks! I am going to do the Galloway thing and take the 1st walk break at mile one, so I suppose I'll see ya @ the finish (a long while after you cross it!) :)

Today is a rest day.

Have a great one, everyone! Looking forward to meeting some of you this afternoon.

Good Morning.

Cathy: I would be flippin' if I had to learn how to use an epi-pen. I can hardly handle the fact that I had to learn cpr for my PT cert! LOL I'm such a wuss!:p So I talked to my supervisor about the boy with the peanut allergy. We will not be holding the epi-pen in the daycare room. The mom will keep it with her or something. The supervisor asked her to please check in with the front desk if she is bringing her son in so that everyone is aware of it. He's actually not THAT young-I think he's 8- so he is aware and has been taught what he can and can't do, and what to do if he starts to have a reaction, etc. That being said, the mom said her son will tell someone if he is starting to have a reaction so that we can get her to administer the drug. Scarey stuff though. YIKES!

Gloria: I got my first CC for free a long time ago. I went to the gym and tried it. I was not impressed so I never did it again. Alot of time passed before I was convinced to give it another go. I don't know what happened/changed but now I really like them. I still *heart* Grace but I am now allowing Sean a spot in my heart as well. ;)

Linda: Well I think you are leaving on vacation this weekend and I won't be here so have a great time!!!!!

Posh: ROTFLMBO! I'm sorry but the forgot my clothes story is the best! It's something I would sooooo do!:D:D:D I can't imagine taking a shower and then having to put back on sweaty stinky work out clothes. YIKES! I think I would have gone shopping. LOL

Jackie: No worries about personals. It happens girl! We know you are good for 'em!;)

Well I think that about catches me up.

So I have the full body ache (DOMS) goin' on here. LOL Everything hurts a leetle bit. I hope everything doesn't start hurting ALOT or I'm in TROUBLE! LOL

Gotta jump in the shower now before I get DS up!

BBL!

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I got some Smart Balance spread that has Omega 3 and 6 (I use it on steamed veggies) and some cereal with Omega 6, so I should be okay, if not I will get some nuts...:)..I did post the Potassium question on the support forum. So cool about the smileys and signature stuff!!! Enjoy your rest day...

Wendy...Hope you have a great time on the RT!!! I do fine with Omega 3 but have a problem with Omega 6, but I am working on it. I don't take some of my vitamins either, due to what the grades are that I am getting. Nice though to know you do get some of the RDA'a of the vita's & minerals in what you eat. I musta misread that thread about 4 days of running yesterday!...Good job with the CC workout yesterday.

Gloria...Yes my DH is duck hunter. No I have never gone with him..too darn cold!!! I would most likely not kill any kind of animal myself! Your DH sounds like he know alot about training...:)...sorry about the car repair issues, that can be aggravating...

Linda..LOL about the glasses! I wear them too but not while working out either. Luckily I can still see the numbers on the phone. Most of my family knows I will not answer if I am exercising..OCD you think...:D..Good workout yesterday...

Jackie...how did you like those new weighted gloves for KPC?

Posh...sorry about the stinky clothes!!! Glad someone came through with a shirt for you!

I was happy as I got a GPA of 3.68 yesterday and an A in sodium!!!
dance.gif

Today is P90X+ Upper Plus, Abs/core and a 3 mile run.

Have a great day...:)

Carole: I forgot smartbalance has omega 3's in it! I buy that all the time. I usually avoid it unless it's neccessary because I get my fat in plenty of other things but perhaps I'll have to start eating some on toast in the morning to get a little more omega 3 in my diet. I added it to my custom foods list after reading your post. I am sure it is easy to misunderstand my ramblings. Sometimes I barely undestand what I am trying to say myself! LOL WOW, nice GPA and an A in sodium!? You go girl! I need to eat at YOUR house from now on! I totally blew it last night...I ended up gobbling down waaaay too many baked tortilla chips and salsa AFTER the icecream. YIKES! I didn't even DARE to guesstimate how much I ate and enter it. I just tried to pretend it didn't happen.:p I have faith though that's tomorrow's work outs will burn that right off !:D

Good morning!

Cathy - I was just kidding about the Joisey, cause she had said that in her post ;>) I truly didn't think they say that! It is like tv portrays WV.....totally false! Except maybe in certain remote areas! ;>) By the way.....where are the smileys? I I can't seem to find them (Except for the icon you can choose for the beginning of the message.) Man....I seem like a clueless, needy Cheetah, don't I?)

Wendy - I hope you have a good RT! I hear ya on the the chips and salsa! LOL....that is what I am afraid I would do with the nutrition site.....I would pretend my chips and chocolate didn't exist too often! ;>)

Carole - Great job on your nutrition grade!!! Enjoy your P90X+!

This morning I did some ab work and ran 8 miles. I am soooo ready for this vacation!

BBL....if not ...."Hey to everyone and hope everyone has a good week!"

Linda

Carole :: let us know how the Smart Balance impacts the report card. I know the nuts are healthy, but they do add a good chunk of calories, so I think I'll eat them every other day. Congrats on the that high GPA and A in sodium!!!
bowdown.gif
Awesome!

Wendy :: Glad the mom is going to be responsible for the pen. I didn't realize you had that wide of a range of ages in there...So, I'm taking a poll among the nutrition users :)...where do you find your calorie intake in terms of the range the program gives you--are you eating at the bottom, top, in-between, zig-zag?

That reminds me...Re: the nutrition software...I mentioned this yesterday...does anyone else run into a timeout issue? After some time, it automatically logs me out of the nutrition program, though it keeps me logged in elsewhere. I can't access my meal plan unless I log out of everything, and then login again on the Workout Manager page.

Linda :: The smilies are to the right of the box where you type your reply...*lol* OK, just had to make sure that myth was dispelled. NJ gets a bad enough rap as it is! :) Have a wonderful, relaxing vacation -- you so deserve it.

Cathy: Oh I'm definately usually at the top end of the calorie range and occassionally go over. I don't know if the cals are too low or if I'm just a pig! LOL I will get logged out automatically if I am away from it too long as well. Perhaps it's an internet safety thing they did purposely?

Linda: I'm usually careful and honest with the program but I KNEW I was already over in the calorie area and I had no clue how much I had eaten so it wasn't even worth trying to enter it in and depress myself. Atleast they were BAKED chips so they weren't major-league fattening or anything. ;)

Nutrtion program users: If you are looking for a way to get good grades in the Omegas then just eat a serving of walnuts. I bought some this morning and just plugged in a typical serving to see what would happen and viola...instant good grades! :)

Nutrtion program users: If you are looking for a way to get good grades in the Omegas then just eat a serving of walnuts. I bought some this morning and just plugged in a typical serving to see what would happen and viola...instant good grades! :)

Yeah, I mentioned the walnuts suggestion in my post to Carole yesterday. :) They are a great source, but I am going to eat them every other day instead of every day.

Thanks for the feedback on the calorie intake. I am (usually) eating at the high end as well and have stayed within the limits with maybe one or two exceptions. But on the long run days, I'll make sure I go over enough so that my bottom-line intake isn't below 1,200, regardless of what it does to my grades. I just want to make sure I'm not eating too much (or too little), so that I can lose the fat!

Good morning Cheetahs!

Wendy - What did you think about CC#8? Gonna be a fun weekend for you and the other Cheetahs going on the RT! Good job completing 4DS UB and you didn't feel like it. Sure makes it hard. Don't know if I could do the epi-pen either on someone else.

Cathy - No watering plants for me this week! :D Yay for the smiley limit being lifted! Enjoy your rest day!

Gloria - I'm happy that it's TGIF! :D You're still a spring chicken girl! :D For some reason I can't seem to forget how old I am. LOL!! But, it's all good. I like CC ok but prefer iTreads much more. Good luck with training Pip to hunt.

Linda - I can't read my caller ID without my glasses either. Hate answering the phone and it's a telemarketer. When I had Direct TV, it would come up on the tv. Now, I keep glasses close by all of the phones. You did love KPC, huh? That's a lot of times per week. Did you rest ok last night? My headache was gone by the time my workout was finished yesterday. Fall allergy season is fast approaching for me and that's probably the culprit. Good job on the 5 miles and 4DS!

Posh - Sorry you had to work in your workout clothes yesterday! Not a good feeling I'm sure. Glad someone found you a little relief and you survived the day. :eek:

Carole - Love using the weighted gloves for KB! Adds a little more oomph to the workout! Good job on the GPA! And, an A in sodium is great! I eat nuts practically every day for a snack. Love them! Enjoy P90X+ Upper and your run.

I did Push Pull and Baron Baptiste Core Yoga today. Tried to go as heavy as I could. Nice good and short workout! Love those too.

Here's to a fantastic weekend for all of you RT Cheetahs! Hope you have a blast.

Cathy: I don't use an HRM so I have no idea what my calorie burn is. I used to use one but lost interest in it (I wasn't tracking calories at the time) and have since lost it. DOH! I guess I missed the walnut suggestion. LOL I wouldn't eat them every day either as they take up too much space in the fat category for me. :p Perhaps half a serving every day will bring me close enough. We'll see...I'll play around with it next week. DH just texted me that he's on his way home. That means I'll be leaving here soon! OMG, I'm gonna freak! I have butterflies! I am praying that nothing messes up our gtg this afternoon. It will be a nice way for me to ease into the weekend and the CABS will certainly help me with the talking thing! :D So what time do you have to leave for the airport?

Jackie :: glad you get a break from having to water.

Wendy :: *lol* That's OK--it's easy to miss a lot with all of our chatter...I usually eat almonds or walnuts...but you are right, they don't leave much room for the bad (aka tasty!) fats! :)...I hope so, too. Checked with the airport. Di's flight is a little bit early, Ange's flight looks like it's on time. I have to stop at the bank and get gas, so I will probably leave about 1.

Cathy: Cool, glad to hear their flights are not delayed. Now all we have to worry about is traffic. :)

Jackie: I really like CC 8. I've done it all but in 2 parts. I have yet to brave the entire thing at once. Great work out though. Nice hill challenge! Enjoy your weekend!

Okay, DH is home. Time for me to get ready to head out!

C u in a few hours Cathy and I'll check in with everyone else once I've returned and taken a good long nap! LOL

Bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Jackie - Wow! That would be nice! I didn't know Direct TV did that! I would really like that! Good job on the PP and Core Yoga! I did get some rest last night..thanks for asking! It felt good!

I "still" can't find the smilies! Do you type in the characters and then it makes a smiley?? Or is it a "click on the smiley of your choice" thing? I didn't see anything off to the right of the Post Reply? I am sorry....I am a pain :-(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.