::: CHEETAHS ::: Fri., 11/17

seeking_guns

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetahs, & happy Friday! :)

I am planning on a 6-miler after school today. Still have some DOMS from Wed's GS CT, oddly enough, but nothing from last night's B&G. Interesting.

I think I am all caught up with yesterday's posts except for...

Wendy :: sounds like you've been getting great results with Jari, too. I guess almost any combination of weights + running will do that.

Have a great Friday, everyone...will be back later to report in and catch up!

cathy :)

Good mornin' ladies,

i am just gonna stretch this a.m. yesterday turned into a complete rest day. i felt lazy taking a rest day in the middle of the week esp. two back to back.

thanks for the advice yesterday ladies, i truly appreciate all of your help and well wishes. i just can't believe tomrorrow i am entering in a 5k. me, of all people, who would have ever thought it:D

i am such a dork just for good measure this morning i tried on my new outfit for tomorrow again, LOL.

also, i am excited, my new jari love (ripped 1000) came in the mail yesterday!!!

cathy- enjoy your doms (yea, right), have fun on your run!!

will be back later for personals!

Good Morning ladies! I did personals last night...I was the last post so make sure ya read 'em please. :D

Cathy: Hey, when are you going to increase your mileage, woman? }(

Sunny: GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!!!! Let me know how you like the new Jari! When do you plan on trying it??

Not much to report for me today. It's my rest day today. :)

TGIF!!!!

morning ladies,

judy- I think I will mix it up on monday night's class . I think if I did 4-5 minutes of just plyo's the new people would be dying. I talk to my brother yesterday who teaches wednesday nights class and he said they we're dying running with the med ball overhead. so I will probably do the 1-2 minutes of plyo with running the track and doing the stairs.

jess- whats sports cardio workout?

I asked this on open forum- could one get great results with some of the p90x workouts without really following their rotation? I am thinking I probably should wait and do a rotation after the holidays but I want to do some of the workouts now. what do you all think? is it possible to get really good results just doing the upper body workouts and the plyo x along with everything else I am doing?

Hi Ladies-

Wendy I'll have to go back and read your last post :)

Today is a run with my friends outside, but... one is having plantar fasciitis pain and the other is having knee issues. So I'll go alone if it is not pouring rain. If it is rainning hard, I'll hit the TM.

BBL

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Hello Cheeeeeetah's.
I think I have a sugar hangover! Last night I went nuts in my son's Halloween Basket. I don't know why, I just said, I NEED CHOCOLATE. I am not even a candy person. Anyway it wasn't even good. The chocolate had the flavor of starbursts and gum. I now know why Jess separates all the candy! The flavors blend and it is not good. Didin't stop me from eating it though! LOL.
Today is B&G for me and tomorrow is CF. I am thinking of doing them both so that I can have an extra day off from the rotation. Is it ok to do that on a rotation? I ran 4 miles on the TM and it felt good. I don't think I was supposed to run quite that much according to my doc but it felt good and I feel pretty good this am.

Cathy, enjoy your six miler. Are you doing it outside? It rained soooo much here y'day and last night. Aren't you in NJ? Are you closer to NYC or Philly? Have a good friday.

SunnyD, You are going to have a blast. I love road races. Did you get a t-shirt? In college that was the reason my friends and I ran in them. Free t-shirts! We collected them.

Wendy, Enjoy your rest day! Whatcha gonna do?

Laura, Your classes sound scary. LOL. They also sound like you are probably the most popular teacher. I always stay away from the too easy teachers at the Y. I like those ones that make you work. I don't know about the P9OX. Everyone on the forums are making me want them though. I think I might look into it after Christmas.

Judy, Enjoy your run today. I hope it doesn't rain on you.

Okay everyone have a great friday and saturday too if I don't get back tomorrow.
Ciao for now.
LD

Hey LD...No worries on the candy binge last night! You'll work it off in no time!}( Today after work I have to pack DS for an overnight at DH's cousin's house tonight. I am going out with the girls and DH bowls so DS gets to do a sleepover! LOL I'm very excited to go out tonight...I don't often get to have an estrogen party anymore!:p }( :7

LD- we've all been there on the candy binge. it's funny, sometimes i can be so very good when it comes to food and then there are times when i just all out loose it...lol

wendy- "estrogen party", lol, me likee. well i am having one tonight also. me and 3 other girlfriends are getting together and going out for dinner..ohhhh, i just can't wait!! i am doing my new jari one day next week}(

Good mornng cheetahs

Cathy...I agree with Emmitts guns and smile!! I noticed that alot on the last night, Mario didn't really smile til his freestyle. Emmitt smiled the whole time...:)...have a nice 6 mile run this afternoon.

Sunny...one more day!!!!

Wendy...no DM premix for me, I did the whole enchilada...:)..Sounds like you had a great TM workout yesterday..enjoy your rest day.

Laura...I think you could get some results doing some of P90X, but the best results IMO would come from doing a P90X rotation.

Judy...its tough running with injured buddies. Hope the rain holds off.

Jess...isn't Power Hour fun! The legwork seems never ending...

Runngergirl...I think you could do them both, besides you are a cheetah!...:)

Laurie...so banana bread today?...:)

Linda...I get to do cardio Fusion tomorrow. It is tough to give up Cathe for more distance building...have fun with the new workouts!!...:)

Christine..great story about your DD17...I had some nice BF's in High school, but I don't know if they were as thoughtful as that boy! That is truly amazing about your DH's turnaround...:)..most of the dairy mods aren't bad. Tofutti is a great sourcream sub, soymilk is great for regular milk (lasts ALOT longer too) I also use a spread called Earth Balance instead of butter (it is vegan) and veganaise instead of mayonaise. Thanks for the recipe on the Open forum!!

Susan...that is good your adjustments are holding, take it easy with the sciatica..:)

Shelly..I hope you passed on the desk consuming!...:)...I did ALL of DM instead of a premix....it was fun!! The marathon relay is all different distances. I will be doing it with my sister and my other running friend.

Colleen...happy to hear you survived BM2!! It is a toughie..

I wil be doing a 5 mile interval run and one of the stretchmax segments...Had fun with DM yesterday!!

Have a great day...:)

G'morning Cheetahs! I decided to sleep in this morning since I can workout this afternoon. ;-) I woke up feeling great & all stretched out from all of the stretching I did y'day & last night!! :) YEAH!

Susan, you had your muffin binge. I had my choc. chip banana bread binge last night!! UGH!! I had some ripe bananas & Kiersten wanted banana bread so we made a double batch. Some w/ choc. chips, some w/ walnuts, and some plain (I used the smaller loaf pans & made muffins too). Anyway, about half a smaller loaf of choc. chip banana bread later I put it AWAY!! I do make it w/ WW flour & oatmeal at least! ;-) And it isn't PMS time so I don't know what my problem was!! I guess it was just yummy!

I'm helping out in Allison's preschool class this morning. One of her teachers (there are 2) is going to a meeting so she asked if I could help out. No problem, it should be fun!

My Mom is coming to visit & spend the night. YEAH! She is driving here after work & we are going shopping! She wants to do some Christmas shopping so she takes me so I can help her pick out the right sizes & things for the girls. She needs some new dress pants too, I'm so proud of my Mom!! She's lost about 35 lbs now since I got her hooked on Pilates!!! She's gone from a size 16+ to between an 8/10!! Anyway, it will be fun to have her here! Greg is deer hunting all day today & tomorrow, I hope he gets one soon!!

OK, gotta go shower & I'll be back later!! No DOMS from Power hour y'day either! I don't know what workout I'll do yet today! (am I sounding like Wendy??? }( )

LD ~ See, I'm not crazy!!! }( There's nothing worse than chocolate tasting like a laffy taffy from it all being together!! :p I didn't binge on candy this year but did have my share of choc. chip banana bread last night! (see my post below!)

Glad you had a good run & are feeling good! I can't wait to get to that point again!

Laura ~ Your class sounds so fun!! I'd love to take it! I'm sure the class will love your extra cardio & plyo's!

The workout Elaine sent is a Mindy Mylrea workout called Slammin' Sports Cardio. It's an older workout, but it looks like fun! I'll try it out when I have a chance & let you know how it is!

I have no idea on the p90x workouts, but good luck w/ it! I think it sounds like a good workout program for my dh, he likes to lift but doesn't have a *set* routine. He does pushups & pullups & has good muscle, but I think something like that would be good for him. (and then *I* could do it too!!! }( ) Let us know how you like it!

Good morning Cheetahs. I was busy yesterday and it turned out to be "one of those days". My mother lives back east and will be leaving today so I met her for lunch yesterday. I'm not so sad to see her go back home but since the reason she was here in the first place is because my brother was sick, saying goodbye just seemed to refresh the pain caused by my brother's death. I'll be hosting SIL and kids for Thanksgiving just like always. I don't even want to think about how hard that's going to be for all of us.....

Anyway, I ran 4 miles yesterday and that was it! I postponed my upper body workout until today. So, I'll be doing that and maybe an easy elliptical workout since I'll be running 6 on Sat and 12 on Sun.

Jess, I see that you got the videos!! I'm so happy they went to a good home.:) I shudder when I think of the other Cathe VHS that I gave to the woman who DOES NOT USE THEM!!!!! Anyway, your enthusiasm made me smile for sure! I'll be 47 in less than a month and my binges, for the most part, can't be blamed on PMS anymore.

Sunny, I'm sure you'll be done with your 5K before I get to the computer tomorrow with the time difference so I'm wishing you luck today!! You will have so much fun, I just know it. Can't wait to hear your report.

Wendy, I'm sure you need rest days just to have a break from the stress and uncertainty of which work out you are going to do!! LOL!!

LD, Join the Halloween candy bingers club!! Yep, I did it too and I'm didn't detect any ill effects other than the bad night of sleep the evening I got into it. I didn't realize you were dealing with an injury. What is it?

Carole, Yes, I am waiting on trying the new Cathe's. I just don't think I could deal with any DOMS right now. At least I know I don't want to.... Which is your favorite so far? I love Stretch Max. Especially segment 1. I've used it so often I bet I could do it without the DVD. It has come in so handy because I don't have the best discipline when it comes to stretching and having that DVD has helped me to put it into my workout days religiously. I feel that stretching has made a huge difference with my running and lifting. Not to mention that it feels soooooo good.:) :)

Hi to Judy, Cathy, Christine, Mattea....Who am I missing?

Talk to you all later.

Hello Cheetahs :)

Cathy- I hope you have good sunshine for your after school run.

Sunny- Best of luck on that race!

Wendy- I did a little over 6 miles today and very hilly. In fact I felt it in my calves quite a bit. I hope your 'girls night out' is a blast. I rarely do that. But DH and I love to go out every weekend. Of course we no longer need sitters; it makes a difference.

Jes- When I first got Power Hour, I did it for 6 weeks 3 times per week! I only had PH, and Cardio Kicks and I used to alternate them. This was when they were first produced. I finally added Circuit Max for variety! My, how things nave changed.

Christine- I love the comments about your DD! How sweet!

Carole- I saw you replies on the Fuhrman thread. I still am following the plan loosely, but I have eaten some dark chocolate and a few treats from Sam's halloween bag. I have added some occaisional dairy (low fat) back in but only rarely.

HI to Susan, Shelly, Colleen, Barb, Mattea and Thonmasina

Elaine- It will be hard next week on t-day without your brother, but TG you will be with family. (HUGS)

I did a 6 mile hilly run outside today. The hills were tough today. (I don't make the incline on the TM anywhere close to the hills I have around here.)

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

Good morning all! Had a good sleep and feeling ready to tackle the world again.....no fasting for me today!!! Had my usual BIG bowl of cereal (love it!) Today will be BM2 double upper body and some yoga..... No cardio:eek: :eek: :eek: I've decided to go ahead and run a race tomorrow....my first since being injured and recovery:7 I absolutely will not push it....I'm determined! My time will be slower than usual but I dont care! The race is called "Rails to Trails". Where I live in N. Az there are actually 3 smallish cities all within 15 miles of each other. This race follows an old railroad trackroute from one city (Prescott) to another (Prescott Valley)The distance is odd....11 miles but it should be fun...the first 1.5 miles is all downhill! Anyway, a good friend is also running it and I didn't want to dissapoint her:7

I'll be back with personals:7

ShellyC

Hi again......:7 :7 :7 Personals :7 :7 :7

Cathy- So I guess the ol jello legs are better? 6 miles again after working:eek: :eek:

Wendy- running a pace of 10:30 already? Wow, I am so impressed with how you've picked up your speed in so short a time! I'll bet you're headed for a PR in your black friday race!

SunnyD- Have a great time tomorrow!!! I'll be thinkin of ya when I'm huffin and puffin myself:7 I envy you your experience actually.
There's nothing like a first race!!! Crossing that finish line will give you an incredible high....have fun with your girlfriends tonight. That's a perfect way to relax before a race!

Laura- p90x is awesome! I got results and I did not follow their rotation! In fact I almost never do rotations:eek: I prefer to plan workouts only a few days in advance depending on what I feel my body needs.

Jess- I think your DH would LOVE p90x:7 Tony Horton is such a hoot!
His workouts are as entertaining as they are hard! I have a couple of Mindy Mylrea workouts. My favorite is CardioToolbox. She also has a fun personality, but not annoyingly so. I think you'll enjoy her! You must be a teacher's dream parent!!! How nice of you to help out, that is no small matter. My twin sister is a teacher and I know how hard she works and appreciates parents who assist. Have a great time with your Mom shopping:7 Congrats to her on her weight loss!

Judy- Glad you got your run in!!!! WTG as always:7 :7 I also have monster hills just outside my door....the TM doesn't come anywhere close!!!

LD- B&G is a great cure for sugar hangovers!!!!

Carole- DM yesterday and an interval run today:eek: :eek: :eek: Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive....it's SUPERCAROLE
:) :) :)

Elaine- (saved the BEST for last) Thanksgiving indeed will be bittersweet for you and your SIL! Even though the holiday will be hard because you all miss your brother perhaps it will help to try to remember that he is in peace and without pain:) Re: stretchmax...
This is a gem of a workout and has helped me tremendously also but my favorite is the 2nd one, with the stability ball. In fact, I did this one last night before bedtime. Hope you have some great runs this weekend (but I know you will:7 )

Hi to all who follow!!!!

ShellyC

I'm procrastinating. I should go downstairs and get on with the workout but I'm lingering over one last cup of coffee.

Shelly, Enjoy your race tomorrow and good luck at not pushing it! I once ran slow on purpose during a 10K race when I had a marathon the following week. I ran it the same pace as a long slow distance run and seriously had to fight the urge to tell everyone cheering me on ("Way to go! Good job! You're doing great! You can do it!) that I WAS RUNNING SLOW ON PURPOSE!!! LOL!! Not like my race speed is fast but it isn't practically dead last, bringing up the rear like I was on that day! I didn't enjoy it much so likely won't enter a race again when I know I can't push it as hard as I can. (What am I talking about? I plan on doing just that at this upcoming marathon. Oh well, at least 26.2 miles is a valid excuse for running slow!) You are right of course about my brother not being in pain any longer. He was just so full of life.....a whirlwind of activity and loud conversation seemed to follow him wherever he went. In addition to the sadness everyone is dealing with there will also be the aspect of the life of the party being absent. But I am thankful for the richness he added to my life and will dwell on that. He wouldn't want it any other way! Whew! That was a long response...LOL!!

Judy, I'm looking forward to the day when DH and I can go out without needing a sitter! DD is 5 years old so it's going to be a while. I'm another one with nothing but hills outside my door but I feel so good pushing myself up and over them! Do you run outside when it's freezing?

Where's Christine? Is she getting test results back today?

Hey all – Happy Friday!

This bug just won’t let me go! I was starting to feel better last night, then whammo, it slammed me again. So, again, no workout. I don’t think I’ve gone three days without a workout in over a year – since I got back from Hurricane Katrina and needed some mental and physical downtime. I feel like I’m the size of a house, although I know that’s not true. Funny how that works! Today I meet with the endocrinologist. Hopefully he’ll have some news for me about something. Read somewhere that thyroid issues could be caused by a trauma to the neck even during as childhood. Didn’t think much about it until I remembered that when I was about 10, my cousin’s pony took me through an electric fence (horse to the barn syndrome – he really wasn’t a mean pony) and I caught it around my neck. Major bruise there. *shrugs* Who knows – but it’s a thought.

Cathy – Have fun on a 6 miler! I’m dying to run again! Are you doing anything in class special for Thanksgiving?

Sunny – you’re too cute! You sound sooo stoked for your 5k!! I’m excited for you! Nothing like your first race!

Wendy – enjoy your rest day! You deserve it after the killer workouts you’ve been doing. Estrogen party? Love it – you have the best phrases! You’re too funny. Enjoy your girls night!

Laura – I waited a bit to start P90X, and did Core Synergistics and the cardio workouts. You can play with them, of course. The rotation works best as written, but you can do just the weight work and still get results. I do that now and again. Sounds like your class is getting the best.

Jess – it is a great “guys” workout. Your DH would love it. And yes, there is the added benefit that you could do it too! Oh have fun with your mom! That sounds like a blast! I miss things like that with my mom.

Judy – enjoy your run!

LD – sugar hangovers – know them well! The good thing about them is that they are good for several weeks/months before I break down and do them again! Enjoy B&G – I see no harm in doubling up if you have the energy. I sometimes love nice long workouts.

Carole – thanks for the tips! Vegan Planet should arrive today or Monday (UPS should deliver on Saturdays like the Post Office!). I have a wonderful recipe for Vegetable Biryani (a rice dish) that I’m dying to try, but it takes Greek Style yogurt. I’ll probably try it as is first, then search for some kind of sub for that. Enjoy your interval run!

Elaine – {{{Hugs}}} Sounds like a tough day. I’ll be thinking of you on Thanksgiving. I’m here, just not my usual chipped self. I hope to find out SOMETHING today. But, we’ll see.

Shelly – that race sounds like fun!! Enjoy! 11 miles is off, but was the point in my half where I stopped enjoying it and it became work. :+ Have fun! I have a post on the open forum that reminded me of you – it talks about the man vs horse race and how a man actually won once. If anyone can beat a mere horse – it’s you!

Hi Christine! I knew I was forgetting someone VERY important with my earlier post:7 I'm glad you're seeing a specialist (endocrinologist). Hopefully he (or she) can provide you with some answers and you can get on with things. Sorry this crud of a bug is still with you x( Hopefully it's on it's last leg and you'll be feeling your old self tomorrow. I read your post on the Open Forum....very fascinating! BTW, in the man against horse here, people always win only because the horses are required to stop for vet checks!!!!

Elaine- I have to admit I am a bit concerned about my ability to restrain myself;-) I'll just have to remember that my ultimate goal is my marathon try in January and if I push it I may reinjure myself and blow it! I am feeling pretty darn good though!! Thanks for sharing your experience and your words of wisdom:)

I did the BM2 double upper body premix today....woohoo that was tough!!! I actually had to pause the DVD player a few times!

Later!

ShellyC

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.