::: CHEETAHS ::: feelin' fantastic Friday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Happy Friday, cheetahs!!! :7 :7 :7

Wendi [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] Only one week break?? Wow! That’s short. I used to bowl on a recreational league that ran for about half the year, and though it was fun, it was just too long of a season for me. Maybe if I was a better bowler or there was a pot of money to shoot for, I'd have felt differently! :7 ...As of now, in my neck of the woods, we are only expecting rain on Sunday.

Gloria [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] Congratulations on the grant! That is AWESOME!!!! Have fun at the water park today!

Wendy [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] No special plans this weekend by design. I need to grade some essays, study, and focus on the training…I suggest going for an easy run next – no intervals, no speedwork, no hills. Just enjoy and let the music take you where it will.

Christine [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] My turn again. I’ve been up since 2. Ooh, those Lexuses *are* nice! Don’t blame you for preferring to be consulted, though. ITA about kb’s and the core and how that helps the running. You know I am googling the Gym Boss as soon as I post.

Judy [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] so sorry about the loss of your aunt. Your family has had a lot of losses in close succession. The grieving process is there no matter how fully a life is lived. (((HUGS)))

Carole [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] I had Boggle as a kid, too. However, even though I’m a total word nerd, that one was never really a favorite. I can see how it’s payin’ off for you, though. You’re a beast! *lol* I only see short words. What did you think of the ropesport?

Posh [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] I am due for Magically Hips tomorrow or Sunday. Looking forward to it. Sounds like a good plan for legs. I think I’m ready to start working it in again. I’ve wondered about Kristi, too.

Dallas [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] Hope the issues are resolved for DD…From what I see in school, it seems like girls are so much worse to one another than they used to be…I planned a Fun Day for the kids today as a post-test stress reliever and a thank you for their cooperation during my NBs. I’m bringing in Guitar Hero and soft pretzels.

Jennie [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] Since you’re new to running and had some lower leg issues, I would recommend not running any days back-to-back. Right now, my training generally looks like this:

M-rest
T-run & abs
W-u/b
R-run & abs
F-u/b
S-run & abs
S-long run & yoga

This is part of my marathon training plan. Prior to this, I would do Cathe rotations and just sub in some runs for the cardio. Do you just want to run 2 days a week? What else are you doing?

Shelly [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] How are you doing? In my experience, leaving a job can be quite emotional. How was the last night?

Jackie [font face="Symbol"]©[/font] Missed you yesterday. You must be busy.

Though it was dry, I rested last night. Dumb me, I moved a heavy bookcase in my classroom yesterday, and my back paid the price for it. I decided to be prudent. It's tight this morning, but I think I'll be OK for a run by the afternoon. If not, I'll just pop some Aleve 'cause I need to get out there! :) Tomorrow, I'm due for an adjustment, so all will be good.

Have a GREAT day, ladies!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Good morning ladies!

I have to say that I'm so glad that last night was the last night of the season because we, as a team, were just plain horrible. I'm happy that I finished the year with my highest average to date (216)but high averages don't win cash. I hope we have better luck in the summer league, especially since the payout for first place is pretty darn good!

Cathy - Oh, ouch, I hope your back loosens up quickly! That was smart to take it easy last night. I'm glad to hear that the rain won't hamper your running plans this weekend. I'm still waiting to see what's going to happen here. IA with ya that the winter leagues do run a bit too long. I was looking forward to taking the summer off and just bowling as a sub (I'm pretty burnt on bowling right now) but I was kinda talked into it.

Judy - I was wondering about Lorie, too. I hope she's okay. How's the rotation going?

I caught up with personals last night and it's a good thing because I've got to get my tuchus in gear. Because of a major upheavel at work, sorta good, sorta not...I can bore ya guys with the story another time lol, I have to be in earlier than usual for the next bunch of days.

I'm going to have to get creative scheduling my workouts for the next ten days between that, a visit to MA to see my mother and grandmother, *and* a four day horse show. I'm even thinking about trying to sneak a run in after work this evening between the raindrops to make up for some very poor eating choices last night. I *need* to stay on track.

Yikes, enough babbling! I'll see ya guys tonight. Happy Friday everyone!

Happy Friday Cheetahs

It is a weird weekend here. DH took Ds to Toronto for a hockey tournament. DD has her STA tomorrow and then we shuffle off to Buffalo very early Sunday for a Regatta. Last night was quiet with the boys gone and tonight will be too. I'll probably just stay home instead of our usual date night out. DH will be back tomorrow evening and we have a black tie event to attend. He got a new tuxedo, (his was older than our youngest kid)and I did get a new dress. (long black and some what sexy)

My rotation calls for a rest day on Sunday, but since we are out the door early I will switch up my weekend days and do a NROL4W on Saturday and no workout Sunday. They say not to do NR 4 times in a week, but I think I'll be OK if the next day is rest.

Wendi- I do like the total body compound exercise approach. I believe very clean eating is a key factor in seeingresults. Ya know I like to go out on weekends, so being moderate on weekends and strict on weekdays is my plan. It is too soon to see if any real changes are occurring.

So, today after a run, is a day of maintenance. I have to get rid of my gray hair and replace it with blond, and get my nails done and pick up my dress. Also my engagement ring band cracked so it is ready to be picked up at the jewelers. (The jeweler said that frequent exposure to cleaning products and bleach or swimming pools will wear down gold)

Cathy- I hope the adjustment helps your back. :) I am running today with the friend who is marathon training. She is doing the San Diego Rock-n-roll in June.

TaTa
[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

Good Friday morning :) :)

I was up and at 'em early this morning. I decided to run early. I wasn't so sure about heading out BEFORE coffee but decided to try it. I was happy I did. Beautiful morning. I did 4miles. Worked my back and did coremax. And here I sit enjoying my coffee. Kinda nice to mix things up :) I know there will be some mornings when there is no way I'm heading out for a run without some caffeine :)

Cathy: Hope the back works itself out so to speak. I saw your running schedule looks like a good one :) Any plans for your weekend?

Wendi: Hope you have a great Friday.

Judy: Sounds like a fun event you are going to with DH. You so need to have someone take your picture and share with us. I think it's great too you are pampering yourself as well.Is your DD a junior? Does she have any ideas yet where she wants to go to college? MY SIL's oldest is at MOnroe this year. He wanted to play ball and decided instead of going too far from home he would go there two years and see what happens.

Ok I think I'll hit the shower and maybe get this house cleaned up. Maybe I can convince DH to have a date night with me tonight----I'm sure he is golfing. That means it may be a wing night with friends---still an ok thing to do :)

Have a great Friday everyone. I'm sure I'll be back

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...Funny as I have no idea why I ever found Boggle so fun...but it does help with Scramble and I do try for longer words first...I enjoyed Ropesport, the music is great for jumproping. I explained a bit more to Christine below. I have done the same thing with my back moving my furniture! Hopefully it is just a tweak and will go away asap!

Wendi...lol about the rest days...:)...I did like the new CD, next time I will try the intermediate as the beginning one was a bit easy...Do you get a bit of a break between bowling seasons? Sorry about the earlier than usual work days...makes it tough to get in a workout.

Judy...Sounds like a nice upcoming black tie event! I bet your dress is gorgeous...I never knew that about cleaning products and gold...I must not clean enough as my white gold bands seem to be intact...:)

Kath...you are brave, I never run without coffee 1st!!! Good job with the 4 miles and Coremax...

Christine...I do most of the time think rest days are great, I just have a tough time taking them. In the higher mileage weeks of marathon training I just had to take one. I liked Ropesport. I tried the beginning CD and it has 2 workouts, 1 with the instructor (15 mins) and then 1 with just music (20 min). I did the 15 min and then about 5 min of the music one. Latin Xplosion does sound interesting...:)

Dallas...Ropesport is a jump rope workout that I got for my JumpSnap. if you have to go on a trail it is easy...:)..you go in the bushes...:D

Jennie...I am not following any set rotation as I am waiting for STS...:). You could probably follow any of Cathe's rotations and just plug running in as the cardio on Wed and Sat depending on what your goals are.

Gloria...I bet the trout get big there! Ropesport is a workout for jumpropes. I got a JumpSnap (which is a ropeless jumprope) and these workouts are perfect. I used to jumprope a lot years ago. Glad you got to run on your TM...WOW, that sounds like an awesome grant!!!

Today I am doing 4DS Chest & Back, abs and a 3-4 mile run.

Have a great day..:)

Good Morning Ladies!

I’m so happy it’s Friday. I have a lunch with my boss today. I wonder if I’ll find out anything about my raise or where I’m headed in the company (typical of my boss that things take forever). Fun times. Today I think I’ll do a circuit workout. Either my kettlebell/body weight one, or one of Cathe’s (yes, I’m considering standard weights for a change). We’ll see.

Dallas – Oh, the fun girl stuff that makes the DD’s stay at home. My oldest was really affected by that. Hope it’s resolved soon and that she’s back to normal. Why are girls so darned catty? The GX is nice! It’s funny we’ve always had dark cars – red or black, so it’s funny to see a light colored car in the driveway (it’s that champagne color – I think they call it bamboo or something).

Jennie – Welcome to the Cheetahs!! I’m not the best at rotation advice, but I’m sure the ladies here will help you!

Gloria – Wonderful news on the Grant!! Oh that is sooo exciting! I love to see schools and teachers equipped with technology! figured I’d finally get around to coaching you through www.glittertextgraphics.com. Once you create your Cheetah name and get it exactly right, you click on “Create Glitter Graphics”. You’ll get a white box that says copy code. You’ll want to copy the part that looks like: http://img107. mytextgraphics.com/ glittertextgraphics/2008/01/22/bc1a85cedd2db11dc0b3bde78314d1fb.gif" No more, no less. You then put that in your profile and you should be good to go. Sorry for the length of time it took me to do this!!! Enjoy the water park! That sounds like fun!

Wendi – One week off? Wow!! Good thing you enjoy it so much! :p Well, the Lexus is a 2007 with 10k on it, but it’s new to us – we don’t buy new cars – too expensive. Enjoy your rest day today! I used Body Glide for the first time last Sunday. It’s nice, but I had been using deodorant (the solid roll on kind) to the same affect. It’s kind of weird. :p Hope work goes well! You’re busier than usual! A 4 day horse show? Oh how fun! :p

Judy – Enjoy your run today! Ooooh, a black tie event? Too cool! I’m sure you’ll look stunning. Hope you get your errands run! You sound busy!

Cathy - So sorry you couldn’t sleep! At least it’s Friday so you can sleep in tomorrow. Jimmy’s curled up on the ottoman right now, sound asleep so he probably didn’t sleep too well either. I cannot wait to get my gym boss!! Enjoy your run today! Hope your back is feeling better!

Kath – I’m impressed! I couldn’t even think about running before caffeine! I think I’d stumble and kill myself!

Tonight is our monthly GTG with DH’s old friends from the apartment where he lived after his divorce. Great group of people! But it’ll have to be at the local sports bar because of the NHL playoffs. The San Jose Sharks are playing in a do-or-die game and the entire city is on edge. :p Food is okay, but better than other places. Have a great day all!

Edited to add: HEY CAROLE! You snuck in on me! I love Boggle, too. There's a game on line called Word Cube that reminds me of Boggle. I get addicted to playing it! Jumpsport sounds cool. I'm seriously considering Jump Snap. :p

Morning Girls!

I felt super tired this AM. Getting to bed a bit later because of these softball games. DD's team won again. DD seems better today. We had a long talk y-day after I talked to her teacher. The teacher even said that this has been some year in her classroom. Thankfully, my DD has steered clear of most of it until now. There's a group that is constantly fighting and they're trying to get her to take sides, and then get mad when she doesn't. She's so sensitive and doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Today the principal gets involved.

Anyhoo, I did GSL floor and part of XStretch. A little backwards, but I'll head to the stairs after taking DS to school....if this weather cooperates. It's getting mighty dark out there.

Christine ~ Seriously, I can't believe this girl stuff is happening already. :eek: Have fun w/your circuit! Good luck in your meeting. :)

Carole ~ Lol'd about the bushes. :eek: Knowing me I'd get poison oak/ivy or something. ha ha I do think I can be enabled rather easily for that Jump Snap/Ropesport. That's great for the legs! Enjoy your workout!

Kath ~ I always work out w/o caffeine...it's hard, but I'd have to get up at 4A to let it all settle before I started my work out. Of course, once I'm done I make the coffee. Probably don't need it at that point. ;-) Hope you get a date night in tonight!:)

Judy ~ Enjoy your quite house. Oooo, we want to see pix of you and dh all dolled up! :) Sorry about your Aunt. I don't know if you saw I said something y-day.

Wendi ~ Good job on finishing w/a high average. Good luck trying to figure out the work out schedule and life! It gets tricky doesn't it!?

Cathy ~ What a cool teacher!!!! Your students are going to have so much fun! Hope the adjustment does the trick. I don't understand why girls have to act like this. UGH! Careful on your run w/your back!

Hi to all who follow! I have to read y-day's thread still, but have run out of time.

~BBL

Good morning Cheetahs!

Cathy - Good luck with grading and studying this weekend. Tell me again when school is out for you. My mind is on overload. I need a mini vacation or something. Haven't been sleeping well this week either and I'm not my usual chipper self. x( Oh, dear, hope the back is ok.

Wendi - Congratulations on that high average! Hope the team does better next go around. Keep my fingers crossed for that run.

Judy - You and DH will be one smashing couple. Have fun.

Kath - Glad you had a good run. I always run on an empty tank. Tummy can't handle too much food. Hope you get that date with DH. :)

Carole - I use to love playing Boggle with my sisters during Christmas holiday. Since having kids, all they seem to want to do is rest when they come home. So, you're enjoying Jump Snap? Enjoy your workout today.

Christine - Enjoy your lunch with boss. Maybe the boss will let the cat out of the bag. Enjoy the GTG with friends tonight.

Today's workout was 4DS Boot Camp and the core work from Kickbox.

TGIF!! Enjoy your day!

Jackie

I'm back for a minute while I drink my smoothie. My friend had a sick kid so I hit the TM with iTread #13 sprints. Short and intense! and done!

Kath- DD is a junior ( and I meant SAT, sorry about typo) We looked at Tufts University, Boston College ( where DS is ) and NYU. All of those are very selective, so she will need some less competitive schools too. We are thinking SU [font color=orange](Go ORANGE!)[/font] and Cornell (still very selective) and a few in Washington,DC. Is your DD a junior and looking at a school also? ... Good job on getting that run in early.

Carole- LOL about cleaning! I am sure you clean plenty!

Christine- Thanks for the vote of getting errands done. I
'm off to the shower now to get moving.

[font color=lime green][font size +3]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

http://img109.mytextgraphics.com/myrainbowtext/2008/01/24/c07d67f3a8d2bfed065f377ce1494b6c.gif

I'm back. Having my protein shake. Yummmmmmmyyy :9

Judy: Wow on her selections thus far. I went to SU----GO Orangemen :) I'm still a huge fan.

DD is a senior. She has been accepted to Brockport, Clarkson, Potsdam, Plattsburgh and Oswego. She will play soccer at the place she picks. Now it comes down to money and which college can offer the best aid package. All coaches want her. . Time will tell. SUNY schools have offered her some nice packages due to her academics.

Carole: My MIL does crossword puzzles all the time. She is quite sharp because of it. I guess she does have some good points :7

Cathy: You sound like a great teacher.

Dallas: My youngest DD had a run in with some *mean* girls in her class. It was horrible--very mean and nasty. This happened two years ago. The so called *Queen* of the group made sure NO ONE spoke to DD. They would exclude her from get togethers/parties and outings. It even got to the point where they would ignore her at the lunch table--leaving her alone. It was a hard time for her.And get this--the *queen* was a girl who we brought on vacation with use 2 weeks before she decided to do this to DD. Many times I wanted to step in and fight the battle for her--but I knew better. She did survive the whole thing. Actually is a much better person because of it. The *Queen* has fallen off her throne and the other girls have kinda went their separate ways. I didn't realize til this year how well DD did with it all, until several teachers were asked to write letters for DD for college applications/scholarships. I guess they recognized what happened and all find her a strong/respectful kind person. DD has always made a point to be nice to everyone now--she said she never wants to become like *them*.

Ok I need to start dishwasher-- I'm so ahead of things today :) Kinda cool. Although I don't think I'm doing this every day. Some mornings I need that coffee fix early :)

I know I'll be back :)

Any LOST fans? I so can't believe what's going on on that show. I love Grey's too. But no one mention what happened last night. I have it on the DVR and haven't watched yet :)

Morning all! Well, checkin in today as an official UNEMPLOYED cheetah:7 :7 :7 :7 :7 woooohooooo LOVE being a bum:p ;-) My last night at work was typically a very busy one. Just about all "hugged out" though! Anyway, I got some very nice cards that were signed by everyone and they surprised me with a going away gift.
$125.00 worth of gift cards for REI!!! How totally sweet! Anyway, I will see alot of them again soon. Many who work at the hospital participate in the Whiskey Row races tomorrow and also one of my friends is having a BBQ that DH and I are going to that same day later. Should make for a fun day!

Wendi- I've always subscribed to the belief in that there really is no such thing as a "bad" run. We learn much more from those "bad" ones then the ones we zip thru feelin great. Yes, I will be keeping in contact with a few coworkers and since my family is here I'll be visiting also... so that makes the parting a tad easier.

Judy- I have never stuck with any kind of training plan exactly... always modify it to fit my crazy lifestyle. Do what's right for you!! Hey, I bet you look hot in that sexy black dress. I'm certain your DH is proud of you!

Gloria- Congrats on getting that HP grant for your school!!! I'm quite impressed.

Cathy- Good morning! Sorry you strained the back a tad yesterday. Been doing alot of tugging on heavy furniture myself lately! Hopefully my back will hold but I've had 27 yrs of moving heavy bodies around so it's pretty strong, thank God! Anyway, hopefully you can get in a good run today.

Wendi- Sorry you were dissapointed in your teams finish but a team is definitely only as strong as its weakest member.... which obviously isn't you!!!! Sounds like a pretty hectic schedule for you coming up.. hope you can get your run in.

Kath- Nothing like a refreshing am run! I'm impressed that you managed it caffeine free too!.

Carole- The Ropesports workouts sound like fun. Hope you have an awesome run this morning!

Christine- I'm bettin the boss will have all sorts of good news for his very valuable employee today!! Have fun with the circuit today.

Dallas- sounds like your poor DD is going thru some heavy drama there.... hope it all works out okay but she definitely has a terrific Mom to support her!

Jackie- Love the 4DS BC.... you get quite a bang for your buck in 30 minutes!

For today I start my first official full day as an unemployed bum by doing no workout! Well... I did do a segment of Stretch Max this am.
Tomorrow will be a very tough 10k... Whiskey Row! I'm also going for a deep tissue massage this afternoon... only my second one in my entire life! Also on the agenda is plenty of packing,cleaning,yardwork of course!

tata

ShellyC

i seriously AM going to change my name to mia cheetah!

i just signed up for the august rt. i was on the fence, but then decided to go for it. are any cheetahs going in august???

anyway, i did another NROLW w/o today. i am really liking it and DEFINITELY seeing strength gains. i was going to do cardio after, but my tummy is feeling a bit wonky.

anyway, i haven't been around much lately because i have had quite a bit of thinking to do. to make a long story short, just as i am having fun with my coach (and other things }( ) x-df tells me he wants to get back together AND have a baby! ACK! i have been freaking out. cathy can attest to that from all the crazy emails i've been sending her!!! sorry, wt!

anyway, it's been a really difficult decision, but after talking it over with a few people (as well as obsessing about it), i *think* i have decided that there might just be too much water under the bridge. the fact that i am having such trouble making a decision tells me something. i also don't see the thing with the coach going anywhere, but it IS fun. i'm not sure i'm ready to stop having fun.

so, sorry for the self-absorbed posting. i haven't even been on the forums except for a few minutes a day.

i have been trying to cut down on my cardio with NROLW. i have been doing very little to none on lifting days (today, i didn't do any). tomorrow is a non-lifting day, so i'll probably put in a good sweatfest.

anyway, sorry for being a bad cheetah. gonna go read up on what you all have been up to. mwah!

Lorie: I'm going in August too! I was also on the fence and had pretty much climbed over it to the "NO" side but 2 girls from the other check in I post on are going so I couldn't resist! It also helped that at 12:45 it still wasn't booked up! See you there!:)

AAAARGH! I just lost a full post of personals in cyber hell! ACK!x(

I have to take a shower now cause we are heading out to meet my mom and her bf for dinner tonight but if I have time before we leave I will re-create my post. If I don't have time I'll be back as soon as I can!

Sorry ladies!:-(

Thank you ladies for your help.

Cathy, I asked my Dr. about my ankle bothering me, he said it was normal. I'm not so sure about that though. He told me to take Motrin (half hr before my run), and to ice it for a few minutes after my run. I'd love to add another day in of running, but my ankle just won't let me. :-(

*♥´¨)
¸ .• ♥ ´¸.•*♥´¨) ¸.♥•*¨)
(¸.•♥´ (¸ ;.♥•Jennie•♥

Smoke free since: 2/05/08

Hello Cheetahs!

I am a bit too out of steam for personals at this time. Sorry! :(
Field trips take the life out of me more than teaching all day long! The water park was so fun! :) The children just played and played and everyone was very well behaved. This makes me so happy! It was so nice to see them interacting with each other and PLAYING!! Sometimes I think things at school can be very rigid, so I didn't feel guilty about this field trip being NON academic. We were there 4 hours and they could have stayed all day long. There is also an arcade at the park, but they could only go in for 15 minutes TOTAL. They already watch too much tv, do video games, etc. so I was policing that. I told them that this field trip is about playing and socializing. Anyway, sorry for blabbing here. My workout was a 5 mile run to Itread 20/60 minutes. I did 5 miles in 48:00. I know I said I wasn't going to run, but I ran out of time this morning to do muscle endurance because I was trying to figure out glittergraphics. THANKS CHRISTINE! I will tackle that tomorrow. Thanks for all your kudos about the grant!

Have a great evening. It will be an early night for me. I'm tired and it is really raining out there.

I will do personals in the morning.

[font face="Symbol"]*[/font] Wendi [font face="Symbol"]*[/font] It may not have scored the cash, but that is one helluv an average…I think I scored that high once on the Wii. :)...thanks re: my back…it became uncomfortable about midway through my run, so I’ll hold off one more day before I hit Ba & Bi’s, but I think the adjustment should help a lot. I will have to do some juggling to avoid the rain, too…Hmm, big upheaval, huh? Hope it’s good in the long run. Do fill us in when you get some time.

[font face="Symbol"]*[/font] Judy [font face="Symbol"]*[/font] ooh la la! A black tie event. IA with the girls -- hope we get to see a pic!

[font face="Symbol"]*[/font] Kath [font face="Symbol"]*[/font] no exciting plans…I look forward to crashin’ early tonight to make up for the lost zzz’s again last night…perhaps a movie at some point…otherwise nothing exciting (amen!): just errands, some schoolwork, studying, and workouts. I’ll welcome a couple of quiet, low-key days. Mmm on the wings. I could go for some of those…How exciting DD will be playing soccer at the college level and can choose between offers! It sounds like you have done a wonderful job with your girls…I don’t watch Lost. Had missed some of the early episodes and then could never get into it.

[font face="Symbol"]*[/font] Carole [font face="Symbol"]*[/font] Weird, ‘cause I was a Scrabble nerd. Just didn’t dig Boggle as much for some reason…As mentioned to Wendi, I do think I will feel better after an adjustment…still chuckling over Latin Xplosion. Sorry.

[font face="Symbol"]*[/font] Christine [font face="Symbol"]*[/font] so didja find out anything about your raise?...I ran out of time to look up the Gym Boss, so I will do it after I send THIS post. Enjoy the game!

[font face="Symbol"]*[/font] Dallas [font face="Symbol"]*[/font] Glad to hear things seem to be settling for DD. What I see at the MS level can be brutal. Seems there’s a lot of shunning that goes on…My back did hurt a bit mid-run, but I think tomorrow’s adjustment will help tremendously. We had an absolute blast with Guitar Hero today. It was the perfect de-stresser after a long week for the kids.

[font face="Symbol"]*[/font] Jackie [font face="Symbol"]*[/font] School ends the third week in June. The following week I start committee work. This week my sleep patterns were especially out of whack...know how that can kill the chipper feelings. Let’s hope we both get some decent rest this weekend.

[font face="Symbol"]*[/font] Shelly [font face="Symbol"]*[/font] Wow! What a lovely sendoff you were given -- to be continued tomorrow at the race. And oh man, BBQ! I am dyin’ over here. *lol* Hope you thoroughly enjoyed that massage – so well-deserved !

[font face="Symbol"]*[/font] WT [font face="Symbol"]*[/font] sorry about the wonky tummy…I won’t be attending the RT, but I *will* definitely arrange to meet up with youze at some point over that weekend…whether it’s Friday for lunch or maybe Sunday at the diner…I understand the way your thoughts are going…seems you have your answer…and hey, send me crazy emails anytime!!! :) The funny thing is – I didn’t tell you this – I was working on both you and my cousin to come to Chicago b/c I wanted you to meet him! *lol*

[font face="Symbol"]*[/font] Wendy [font face="Symbol"]*[/font] Stinks about the lost personals. That always seems to happen to me on those rare occasions when I don’t type up my post in Word. Congrats on making this year’s RT officially! :) Hope you enjoy your dinner.

[font face="Symbol"]*[/font] Jennie [font face="Symbol"]*[/font] I think you’re wise to stick to the two days of running for now. Was this your primary doctor?

[font face="Symbol"]*[/font] Gloria [font face="Symbol"]*[/font] Oh yeah, those field trips are draining, aren’t they? Glad you & the kids had fun.

I enjoyed a nice 3 mile run after school today. The sun was out and it was actually a tad bit warm.

Have a great night, everyone!

[font face="bradley hand itc" size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/exercise/th_SnowBunny_tns.jpg
http://img16.glitterfy.com/53/glitterfy084824T933D37.gif

"Do you want to feel my spatula?" Run, Fat Boy, Run

Hey Cathy,

Yes, this was my primary Dr. Do you think I should talk to someone else about this? I'm not sure who to talk to about this.

*♥´¨)
¸ .• ♥ ´¸.•*♥´¨) ¸.♥•*¨)
(¸.•♥´ (¸ ;.♥•Jennie•♥

Smoke free since: 2/05/08

Evening Cheetahs!

Ok, I won't say how crazy this day was. :p I got home and went right to studying to get that out of the way early. The stairs, well, were extra wet! lol What was I thinking?!?! There was a complete downpour when I dropped DS off, but then it stopped. My two friends were going, so I couldn't wimp out. ;-) Anyway, glad I did it because it looks like this is going to be one soggy weekend.

Jennie ~ I like your signature! IA w/Cathy that I wouldn't run on consecutive days if you have ankle issues. I think I'd get a second opinion. I had some ankle issues a couple of years ago and then one day I ran and crack....ouch. It took close to 6 months to get running again. :( Have you gone to a podiatrist or an orthopedic doc?

Cathy ~ Sounds like a fun day. I think the talk DD and I had y-day really calmed her down. We talked again after the teacher and I talked, which helped even more. You just hate to see your kids suffer, ya know. However, they also have to learn to deal with these things because as you know it doesn't get any better, unfortunately. :( I really don't remember all this stuff when I was going to school. Hope tomorrow's adjustment does the trick. Guess what, I measured from the softball field to my house and it was exactly 13.1 miles. :eek: I always hated playing games at that field because it was so far. :+

Gloria ~ What's your Cheetah name going to be? Field trips are draining. Sounds like you had a great time. Woo hoo on the grant! :) Nice job on the 5 miles. :)

Wendy ~ So, you decided to go on the RT. I know you'll have fun. Good luck running your half this weekend.

Lorie ~ Wow about your x-DF and the baby comment. It sounds like you made the right decision, but I don't know all the details, of course. I think the relationship between the two of you has to be "right" before you can add a baby. It's a wonderful experience, but stress does get a wee-bit high esp, when you're having lots of sleepless nights. ;-) I remember wanting to smother my DH w/a pillow when I'd finally get back to bed after putting the baby to sleep (again) and he'd be snoring away. :+ I think I may have kicked him a few times. lol}( Hey, I was sleep deprived.

Shelly ~ lol'd at the bum comment. Aww shucks...(where's the blushing emoticon?)...thanks. How did that massage go? I really need to do that one of these days. Good luck tomorrow! Can't wait to hear about the race.

Kath ~ Thanks for telling me about your DD's experience. I can't believe you had taken the girl, who turned out to be the bully on vacation. WOW! You're DD sounds like a wonderful person. :) I watch Lost, but I'm a little behind. Was it a good one? It's supposed to be a good season.

Jackie ~ Thank you for the donation! Hope you catch up on your sleep.

Have a great night! May not be able to get here much. We have a soccer tournament and a first communion this weekend. So, I'll say it just in case.....[font color=Crimson]GO, GO,GO Shelly and Wendy![/font]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.