Cheetahs in the Den this Thursday

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hi Girls.

Just gettin' us started.

Today's work out was slated for a PS/BS combo, a Cathe floor work segment and BBC Abs. I may change things around to make my work out longer today since I have the day off and then do a short one tmrw.

No time for personals at the moment but I'll be back soon! :)

Brighton: I was able to get to my Centergy class last night. The first couple times I took that class I wasn't sure I liked it and was just taking it cause I had to. Now I love it and am taking it cause I want to! :D Chili, huh? YUM! I made chili in my crock pot a few times in the past. Very tasty! Yes you need to get yourself CLX and join in on the fun. I won't be starting the rotation for a few weeks yet so you have time to order it! ;)

Wendi: So on the topic of DIM bulbs....do you think that my boss and your boss are related!? :D:p;)

CLX IS BEING DELIVERED TODAY!!!!!

I ran 3.03 miles this morning. I can now give minutely accurate reports because of my Garmin. LOL. :p

It went pretty well and I didn't hurt. But I did have a little ITB tightness at various times throughout the day. So . . . I don't know how to read that. I can be a little tight after a run without it being an issue, but since my ITBs *have* been an issue, I really wanted everything to feel 100% totally great today.

That being the case, I think I'll do a Cathe video tomorrow, rest on Friday, and try a longer run Saturday. If that goes well, I'm in for the 1/2 marathon, and if not, I'll limit myself to shorter runs.

Sorry for the lack of personals. It's been kind of a busy week. Apparently it has been for lots of Cheetahs. I'll try to get caught up over the weekend.

Cathy--I know I still owe you a pm. It's coming!

:) Good morning, Cheetahville!!! :)

Well, I'm doing pretty well today-- the foot still hurts like heck, but the knee is looking much better. Yay!

DH isn't feeling very well, though. Though this might be TMI, he's been having intestinal issues for the last couple of weeks... then last weekend he started having severe abdominal pain-- but then it went away, so he thought he must be getting better. Well, no... now he's just having bad discomfort & his breath last night reeked! :eek: So he's headed to the doctor today. It sounds like a blockage, & I'm hoping it's nothing too serious. Keep your fingers crossed for me! :confused:

Wendy:
Ahhh! Don't tempt me! :D Yeah, there's nothing more I'd love than to get both CLX & STS... but I'm thinking I'd better hold off for now. Maybe in the fall. ;) Right now I'm thinking about trying out some Cardio Coach since it fits more in my upcoming training. Plus... less pinch in the wallet! :p I'm glad you're enjoying your Centergy class! :) Ooh, yes, nothing like chili on a cold snowy day! :D

Well, I'm off to Sam's Club to finally return those Clif bars that were recalled with the whole peanut butter mess. Hope everyone is having a lovely day!

Laura: Doing the simul-post with ya! :) I'm glad the run seems to have gone well-- hope that the ITB loosens up for you. I will be sending good ITB vibes across the Atlantic for you on Saturday! :D Aw, it's no biggie with the whole personals thing. We just like seeing you pop in! We've missed you!

Laura: Good luck with the ITB issue. I sincerely hope it doesn't ruin your HM plans.

Brighton: The fall? Perhaps I'll be ready for STS at that time too. We'll see what happens. :) So sorry about your DH. Keep us posted. I hope it's nothing serious. He's in my thoughts. Cardio Coach and ITrain (specifically ITread) are great. Can't go wrong there! ENJOY! :)

Dad made it though open heart surgery yesterday. He is doing well so far today and is up sitting in a chair on liquids. He is in the ICU but doing great.

Well now that's great news, Karen! :) Thanks for letting us know and please continue to keep us posted! He'll be in our thoughts and prayers and so will you!

My work out is done. I opted for something totally different from my original plan but it's still all stuff I wanted to get done this week so it works. ;)

I started with R&C Chest/Bi/Tri. I mixed it up by doing all of chest (no push ups though-don't need them!), then I did the rest in this order: hammer curls, lying french press (I sub in overhead press as my left elbow HATES the lying french press!), traditional bicep curls and finally the tricep dips. It was nice to change it up and gave the bi's and tri's a little rest between exercises which allowed me to go heavier. When that was done I did IMAX 3 blasts only (YEOWZAS!) and finished it off with Joey's standing ab work from BBC. I am FRIED and lovin' it! :D

Gotta grab a quick shower and a snack and then head over to pick DS up from school.

I'll pop back in later if I have time!

Ciao Bellas!

OK, duh! This has obviously been a busy week since I can't even figure out which day it is. I said I would do a video tomorrow and then rest Friday, but tomorrow IS Friday. Ha. I think it's time for me to have a weekend!

So, I will REST tomorrow and try another run on Saturday. Maybe I can figure out what day it is by then! :p

Hi everyone!

Wendi - Congrats on the new car! Think you've seen enough snow for the year?

Wendy - Happy that you will soon be in the CLX family. Nice mish mosh today.

Laura - How fun that you finally got to run with the Garmin! It's nice to see all the different routes and places you run. Glad the ITB is on the mend. Summit does sound like it will be fun!

Brighton - Hope that foot heals quickly. Glad the knee is feeling better. Hope DH feels better. Do you think it may be an ulcer? LWill say a prayer for him that all is well.

Karen - So happy to hear your dad came through the surgery fine. Hope he continues to improve.

Today's workout was iTread 35 Joggers. It was perfect for today because my legs felt like lead. Finished up with iStretch #24.

Gotta get back to work. Enjoy your day!

Afternoon, ladies!

Just wanted to pop back in and say that everything looks AOK with DH... Nothing too serious, he'll just be on a prescription for a week and hopefully that will clear things up.

(((KAREN))): That is wonderful news about your father. :D You both have been in my thoughts. All the best to you & your family-- we're here for you!

Wendy: Tough workout today! :D WTG! Yeah, those Imax 3 blasts are killer. I did a HCE workout recently and holy smokes, some of those intervals are wicked! ;)

Laura: Giggling over losing track of what day it is. I do that constantly! Hope you have a most restful day off tomorrow!!! :)

Jackie: They didn't find an ulcer, thank heavens-- but it's funny you should mention that because DH's father was just in the hospital recently for an ulcer (they think he may have Celiac... so he's been in and out of gastroenterologists' offices lately). I hope it wasn't passed down to DH. No, he just was "stopped up" for some reason. :confused: *shrugs* Not sure why... no drastic changes to the diet & we both eat pretty clean. Nothing like a nice jog & stretch to loosen up lead legs!!! :D

Well, I just got back from the market with a ton of stuff-- since I'm taking a hiatus this week I thought I'd make myself useful in the kitchen and freeze up some meals for more crazy days ahead. Mostly Indian food. Curries freeze beautifully. :D

:) Ciao, bellas! :)

Brighton: My best friend is from Pakistan so I am familiar with Indian food. I am actually getting together with her and a few other girls for an Indian food take-out fest tmrw night!!! YUM but can you say gut rot!?!? :eek::D:eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.