cheetahs check in sunday october 15th

laura35

Cathlete
wow, I havent started the thread in a long time. I was going to run a 5k today but it isnt until 2p.m. and I dont really like waiting till right in the middle of the day to do it. I like it when you get up and run it in the mornings that way it doesnt split up your whole day .

I am going to go running with my SIL and her sister. She thought that I didnt want to do the 5k because I didnt want to go with her and truly that is not the case. so I told her I would run with her this morning.

thanks for all the support regarding teaching the class, I appreciate it. I will be nervous but like someone had said after a few times It will go away. but seriously anyone that has any great ideas for cardio please let me know. This is a bootcamp style class so it is a good mixture of things. I really would like to come up with some high intensity moves that will be challenging. the cardios usually run no longer than 4minutes at atime and if it is a hard move they sometimes will do it for 30sec-1minute and mix it with a couple of other moves to m ake the 3-4minutes. I have alot of great cardio ideas but I really want to change it up from week to week so the more ideas I have the less repeating of things in the class. I have come up with 3 routines already.

talk with you all later!

Good morning cheetahs

Good luck to Sarah in her marathon today!!!

Laura...I am with you, running at 2 PM would not be my choice!!

Cathy...yes, I do think the rest day did me good! The BBQ was very nice.

Susan...I do enjoy those "fun" type workouts on Sat too. I am assuming by the dull ache in your cheek you mean lower cheek...:)...sciatica can be the cause...

Jess...sounds like you had fun with Cardio & Weights. Hope your run goes well and without the knee pain.

Linda..have fun with your Garmin today.

The BBQ for John went very well. He seems to be adapting to his wheechair and was even doing wheelies!! My sister is hoping to get him into a Therapy Clinic here sometime next week. He also met a friend from our church that has been in a wheelchair since he was 20. I think its been about 10 years for him, but he is a Physical Therapist. We had been wanting them to meet, but they met completley by accident at a Football game friday night. Things seem to be coming together...thank you cheetahs for all your prayers and support!

I'll be doing a trail run with my sister and friends. Hoping for about 12 miles. Then of course Football!

Have a great day...:)

G'morning Cheetahs!!

Laura ~ I'm with you on the 2PM running either, I like doing it first thing in the morning! Have a good run w/ your SIL! BTW, how did she like your pic in the paper?? ;-) Good luck w/ the class too!

Carole ~ Enjoy your run & football!! Yeah for John, I'm glad things are going so well for him now!! That's awesome!

Well, my run did not go so well this morning. I met Erin at 6AM, she ended up biking because her foot hurt. (but she's over her IT band probs!) I had to pull out my running tights, it was 30 degrees this morning! I did fine running the first mile, then came the pain. UGH!! Not terrible but it was there so I decided to just walk the rest of it. I don't want to keep prolonging my recovery. So I walked 1.7 miles to make 2.7 miles total. I'm thinking I should call the Dr. just to see if my insurance will pay for therapy. Thank God for Cathe & kickboxing & my new step workouts!!! ;-) I'm really feeling my obliques from doing the abs from C & W the last 2 days. Love it!!

Ok, off to shower & get everyone up for church. Easy muffins today, but I made pumpkin pancakes y'day that were awesome!! Have a great day!

Good Sunday Morning all!:) I'll start my workout after the caffeine kicks in, coffee's tasting splendid on this chilly morning:) My upperbody is getting a go today with a PP premix (probably 3 sets as I have the time). I'm thinking some StepBlast for cardio. I'm going to see a PT this week, my right ankle still ain't happy and I'm losing some range of motion in my gastrocs/soleusx( After my workout I need to go out and clean up the gardens which I'm quite sad about. The patio has been lovely this summer and I'll miss admiring it when I'm looking out the window doing dishes. My zinnias are still blooming some but it's time to gather in the seeds for next year.

Laura, I'd say borrow shamelessly from Cathe for your cadio ideas, she has often said that she has no problem with this. I was teaching classes up until last spring (got too busy with my massage practise to fit it in). It does take a while to get really comfortable up there but you'll get there. I really miss teaching, it was very rewarding and so much fun. Good luck!

Carole, sounds like things are settling for John, I love that he's doing wheelies!! Sounds like John was destined to meet your friends from church, maybe it's best that they met on their own. Looks like your in for a near perfect Sunday, running and football. Is your DH a big fan and do you cheer for the same team?

Jess, sorry your recovery is taking so long. I have no insurance coverage for PT (and not a lot of disposable income) but figure better to at least have it assessed and know what I'm dealing with. We are most certainly worth the investment!!! :)

Hello to all Cheetahs to follow!

Take Care
Laurie:)

Hi Cheetahs-
I was MIA yesterday with family. The workout was biking at home for 35" steady state and leg conditioning drills from KM. Today is rest day. I may try to get in a stretch.

Carole- I had a flare up of Plantar Fasciitis from June05-Jan06. So, I am careful not to get into full blown inflamatory PF again. The ice helps and so does not running on consecutive days for now. My hip is much better, I feel it only very little if I've been driving for a long time of sitting at the computer for too long. ( ahem)

Jes- It may be helpful to get some medical advice at this point. It feels great to get your house organized soesn't it? It was always harder when my kids were little lite yours. Althoughj it canbe chaotic when my older kids move back from college or return home for the holidays.

Hi to all of you Cheetahs!!!!

did I read that our Sarah is running today?? I hope she gets time to post tomorrow :)

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9978144&uid=4817615&members=1

back from my run. It was chilly this morning. yeah, I am glad I didnt wait and run later.

GOODLUCK SARAH!!!I know she will do great!

alot of cathes cardio is with step. In bootcamp we sometimes get the step out but not very often. It so different than step cardio. Alot of the moves in bootcamp you are all over the place very seldom in the same spot doing something . Thats what makes it challenging.

Have a great one!

Happy Sunday, Cheetahs!

Good luck with your marathon, Sarah!!

So yesterday's plan of running a 4-miler turned out not to be such a great idea, ugh. I really should have just rested. I had no idea what a toll running 2 half-marathons in the span of 3 weeks would take on me until I went out there yesterday. I really felt the fatigue for the first time. I ended up running 2 miles and then walking the back it was still a great workout (since I was walking the 2 miles, I ended up being out there for 50 min), but it was a humbling lesson to learn.

So... I will be good for the rest of the week, honest. Absolutely no workouts except maybe Core Max (because I want to make sure my core is as strong as possible for the run!), and LOTS AND LOTS of stretching. I really wish I had Stretch Max, because that would be the perfect workout right now. Even my yoga DVDs may be a little too strenuous, and I need really good stretching.

Hmm, I think I know what my next purchase will be ;).

Jennifer

Good Morning All!

Last night's Chili cookoff was one of those pleasant parties with great people where you start off only knowing the host and hostess and end up knowing everyone at the end. AND one of the girls is a triathlete and another is running the Nike Half! The only downside was that something in the Chili did not agree with me so I'm not feeling too well today. I doubt I'll be working out today. Bummer... I was supposed to do a long run - it would be more like a quick dash between restrooms (I know, I know - TMI - sorry).

GO SARAH GO!!! *sends good thoughts to Sarah*

Laura - the triathlete I met last night does a "boot camp" where she basically goes outside and runs for 25 minutes (the rec center is next door to a park with lovely trails) then bring them in for 25 minutes of spinning then they do abs. Something like that might work for a time or two as well. And do you have PlyoX? A lot of the moves in that are great for BootCamps. Good luck!! I'm excited for you. When do you start?

Carole - how wonderful that John is adjusting well and is making the best of his situation. I admire him for that. Enjoy your run and of course, FOOTBALL!!!

Jess - sorry your knee is still bothering you! You're being smart, but it has to be frustrating!!

Laurie - enjoy your PP and GardenMax! I've a black thumb, so I admire people who have ways with plants.

Judy- sounds like a great workout! Enjoy your day!

Jennifer - It is a humbling lesson to realize that we are not the bionic woman. I've had that slammed over my head several times. You're being smart. Way to go! I do have Stretch X if you'd like to borrow it (it's P90X's version of Stretch Max - and it's 45 minutes). Let me know. If you have a nice gentle yoga DVD - like Yoga for Athletes or something - that would be fine. I was thinking of you last night when I was talking to Sheri - the one running the Nike Half.

Good morning ladies,
I am having a relaxing morning sipping green tea and watching my girls jump endlessly in their outdoor trampoline. That was the best thing we ever bought for them.

I am going to take it easy and just do Muscle Max today. I did my 4 mile run yesterday and an hour of yoga last night. 5 more days until Mr. Yummy pants(Bryan Kest) I am taking 4 of his classes. And, they are 2-3 hours in length each. I will be dying.

Laura, enjoy your run with your SIL and when do you teach your first class?

Carole, that is great news about John. It is great he has such a supportive family. You are a truly caring lovely person. Enjoy your trail run:)

Jess, I am so sorry about your knee. I am glad you can still do your cathe workouts though. Yes, you may need to call a Dr. Have a happy muffin day. Pumpkin pancakes sounds yummy!!

Laurie, Have fun with PP and Step Blast. What is it with all of us injured cheetahs lately? Have a great day:)

Judy, enjoy your rest day:)

Jennifer, I think you definitley need a rest week. I am such a hypocrite though. I can't take a rest week to save my life. I think a rest week for us cheetahs though can still involve some cardio, just very light and short. Take care of yourself and yoga is a great way to go.

Christine, That is great you had a nice time last night. Sorry to hear of your tummy problems. Enjoy your rest day and I hope you feel better.

Hello to the rest of the cheetahs and have a great day!

Cheers!

Susan

Hi Cheetahs...I checked Sarah's marathon site and it looks like she finished in 3:51:05!!.....http://bestsmileys.com/textinbubble2/19.gif[/img]...SARAH!!

Hungover cheetah checking in. Rocked out a bit too hard last night..heh heh heh...but it was fun. Needless to say, no exercise for me today, just recovery. :) Figured I'd stop in, say hey, and read up on what's going on with my girls. Light on the posts today!

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone! Looking forward to getting back into the swing o' things tomorrow.

Cathy :)

Jess...thanks...:)...yes I would say if Physical Therapy is covered you should give it a try, they can really help ITB...

Laurie...I do hope PT will help with your ankle. I am very happy about John...:)..my DH does like fooball, though not as much as me. But darn, he beat me this week in the picks...:(...

Judy...enjoy your rest day. It seems you are being good about running so as not to re inflame your PF. I am glad your hip is better too...:)

Jennifer...sorry about the run. Sometimes after consecutive races that can happen...I have been there...:)...Stretchmax would be a great purchase...

Christine...wow...did you and I eat the same thing!!!! I had to change my running plans today as well....

Susan..so MM is an easy day for you??....j/k!....:)...thank you for the sweet compliment...John does have tremendous support with family and friends.

Cathy....I'm sorry for the not feeling so great this morning...:(...You will be much more yourself tomorrow...:)

Well....I am thinking it was the veggie pizza friday night and some yesterday that made me change my running plans...:(...had the same prob as Christine so I had to cancel the trail run and just ran 5 miles here. Still felt a bit yukky. Then ended up helping my DH and another friend install our new woodstove!! Just in time as a cold front has moved in!

Yeah Sarah! Way to go on your marathon!!!

Cathy - sounds like you had a good time last night. Sorry you're hungover today. I hate those!

Carole - that's it - it contagious! My tummy is still not happy, but I'm feeling a lot better now! Glad you got the woodstove in just in time! It's chilly today down here!

I ended up going to the gym anyway with DH. I was LAZY and did a slow, easy hour on the recumbent bike - nothing I had to stand up to do... Then I got a wild hair and did ab work. I ended with a good sit in the sauna to try to sweat out whatever is ailing me. I feel better, but I am tired. Look for me EARLY tomorrow morning!!

I ended up taking a nice, gentle yoga class today at a studio that I've heard nothing but raves about. It was just what the doctor ordered! Not only did I get some great stretching in, but the instructor had a fabulous, calming voice and she also incorporated lots of meditative exercises to get us relaxed. For a Type A like me, meditation is a good thing (even if I struggle to do it because I can't sit still for 5 min LOL).

I ended up getting the beginner's package, which is 3 classes for $20. I can't wait to go back!

Jennifer

Jennifer,
Good for you! It helps to take a break from the cathe when you have something new to focus on. I have a hard time sitting for 5 minutes also, but I find that I NEED that incorporated in my fitness routine or I would go crazy and probably drive everybody else crazy too. Have a great night!

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.