::: CHEETAHS ::: BOSU Lovers Unite :-) Mon.

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, cheetahs! It’s Monday already, eh? I’m not ready for this one, but I guess I’ll have to suck it up and make the best of it. :)

Carole :: oh yes! Please do scan us one of those wedding pics.

Jackie :: true, the braids were a little distracting in that one, too…hope you enjoyed your rest day yesterday.

Linda :: the bull smiley came from millan.net. There are some freebies on there, and I am also a member. The others are just from some different sites I’ve bookmarked after stumbling across them…IA, it does feel weird to be so sore in the core. Never happened before BOSU. I even feel it right over my ribs area--odd. Hope you have a decent, not-too-insane day today. Are you thinking about leaving your job?

Thomasina :: DSis’s crib sounds like a sweeeet spot!…I didn’t get over to the Nike/SF site yet (nor do I know if it’s do-able for me with work), but it sounds like getting all of us registered could be tricky.

Today begins my new rotation and a return to counting WW points...Tonight will be yoga or stretch. Will be a long day for me, so I don't know if I'll make it back tonight or not.

Have a painless Monday! :)

Good morning,

cathy- so what does your new rotation look like? i love your pics with your dsis!

Shelly- yay, you got your bosu!! so did you try the itrain circus yet? if so, what did you think?

carole- i think you made the best decision for yourself. do you normally get snow where you live?

jackie- did you enjoy your rest day?

wendy-no problem. i heard good things about her first sculpting vid.

lorie- ugh, i am so sorry about the dissertation drama. really stinks.

today's workout is my TT workout of the day and cardio from BBC (non-treadmill).

have an awesome day ladies!

Good Morning:)

Todays workout is GS C&T and cardio. Im not sure what the cardio will be b/c my beloved TM is failing me! LOL I just spoke to DH about ordering me one through work. Sometimes they have terms regarding payments and stuff. Its just kind of hard to order something right now when I wanted to pay a few things off instead. But at the same time I can't see myself not running until this Spring.

Cathy** Have a good day! Back to points? I remember those days. I did it while Bf'ing though and earned another 10 points a day. I wasn't hungry at all and can't imagine only eating 21 points!

Sunny** Have a good workout!

I won't be back until I go to work tonight. Have a good day everyone!

Lori:)

Happy Monday!

Cathy & Thomassina - it is new Monday for both of you with goals and plans in place. You can do it!

Hi Sunny and Jackie :)

Cathy- The picture of you and your sister is very nice. You are a photogenic family!

Today is a 7 mile easy paced run. The weather is mild so I will be outside. I am trying something different. I had a serving of steel cut oats and some cooked apple with my coffee this morning. My run will be in about an hour. I generally only have coffee before a run, but I am trying to put a little fuel in me before the longer runs.

Have a decent Monday everyone :)

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Good Morning Cheetahs.

OMG, just shoot me, will ya? LOL I have to work this morning. I haven't worked since Joey got sick! YIKES!:eek: This could REALLY stink!x(

So I am not sure what work out I will do later. I was really hoping to have the X+ vids in my hot lil' hands to begin phase 2 but unless they magically appear TODAY, that is not going happen. I have no motivation to go back to the X right now and I am thinking this is why. :-( Now I have to decide if I will FORCE it or go with what I am in the mood for. If I go with my mood, I STILL intend to pick back up with the X when I DO get the new vids.}(

Cathy: I hope you survived today. Enjoy that stretch/yoga. Sounds like you may need it. :)

Sunny: So exactly WHICH BBC non-tm cardio will you do today?? }( }( }( Do you have any idea when you will get the X+ vids?? I hope we both get them SOON!!!!!

Lori and Judy, You girls snuck in on me! LOL

Lori, I hope you get a new TM!!!!!

Judy, Enjoy your O/D run! I'm jealous. It sounds like a devine day for it!:) I hope you do okay with eating prior to the run as I know you don't normally eat first.

funny title today as i am planning on hsta on the bosu. although, since i slept in, i need to get my butt in gear if it's going to get done.

this is my first five day week since the week of 10 december! :eek: x( :eek: i am not looking forward to it! i am going to try and plan some fun things to make it go by faster.

still not happy about the new topic, but it's my choice as to how i feel about it. i can be angry and po's the whole timie, ori can look at it as a challenge and something fun and new that i will learn about. whatever attitude i choose, it still has to get done. so, i am choosing to look at it as a positive.

okay, i am running really late. i PROMISE i wil catch up on peersonals. i did skim yesterday's thread and saw a beautiful photo of our cathy, what a hott cheetah!

*****oh, one more thing...on the oal, we made a birthday list. i would like to do that here. if everyone will pm me with their birthday, address (for cards), email address, and anything else important, i will make it into a list and send it. kay? kay!*****

Good morning Cheetahville!

Slacker Cheetah reporting for duty ;). I'm sorry I'm so out of the loop right now. I wanted to come back for personals last night but didn't get home from work until around 9:30. I'm going to make this a quick post and then catch up on all the activity here from the past couple of days.

I ended up doing DM Ultra Cardio w/Bosu this morning instead of my scheduled run, mainly because I didn't get my butt out the door early enough to get the run in. What a difference the Bosu made during the two step drills, which I normally consider recovery drills lol! I had to rely on the "tougher" drills for "recovery" :eek:. What an awesome sweatfest!!! I needed it to make up for the totally juice and yummy burger I had last night for dinner x( }(. I haven't had one in a year and this place's burgers are legendary :9.

Once again, I hope that work doesn't go too late because I'd like to get another workout in this evening...thinking ME or BC/ME Bonus Combo...not sure yet.

Let me stop rambling and go catch up! BRB.

Good morning Cheetahs! MIA Cheetah reporting in. Wow, you all were a chatty bunch this weekend. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to read up on how everyone is doing yet. I've just been extra busy and then when I think I have 10 minutes to myself then DD insists that I read a book. Too bad she wouldn't fall for DH doing it instead. :) Oh well, it is nice to be needed.

This weekend I took as a rest weekend. With all the hustle and bustle from the holidays we needed the down time at home. I was able to get in my 7 mile long run on Friday night while watching "Serendipity". I had forgotten how cute that movie was. Anyway today is back to my normal workout schedule. During lunch I plan to do Slo-Mo Total Body Premix and then tonight I will get in my 3.5 mile run on the treadmill.

Sorry this is so one sided. I'm hoping work will be slow today so I can check back and do some personals. Have a great day cheetahs!

THANK YOU KRISTI!!!! You just helped me decide what I will do for my work outs this week and it's PERFECT!:7 :7 :7

Since I am not in an X mood, I will stay with heavy lifting and FINALLY try out Slo Mo! What a freakin' concept, right!? :p

YAY! I'm so happy I have a plan now! :)

Cathy - Good luck with WW! I love your pics of you and Dsis. Enjoy your yoga or stretch.

Sunny - That's a monster workout combo today...got get em!

Lori - I hope you "solve" your TM problem soon ;)...preferably with a new one!

Judy - Had to chuckle...that's exactly what I'm eating right now :9. Enjoy the wonderfully mild weather we're having and have a great run. I'm hoping to take advantage of it tomorrow when it's supposed to be in the mid 60s :eek: :D!

Lorie - I'm so sorry about your dissertation drama. I can't even imagine how frustrated you must be with the whole thing but your attitude about is commendable! I *love* your idea of a birthday list...I'll send you a pm tonight when I have time. Did you get to HSTA...I'm contemplating doing that on the Bosu the next time too.

Wendy - Hoping that those X+ vids magically appear on your doorstep today. I hope work isn't too bad for you today.

Kristi - Nice to see you! We know you stop in when you can. Enjoy your run later.

Eek, I'm out of time for now and have to get to work. I promise to catch up with everyone tonight...yeah, I know you've heard that one before :p. Miss you guys! Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning Lovely Cheetahs!

I’m not looking forward to this week. *sighs* But I did get my presentation put together, and I’ve figured out how to present it. Now I just have to keep repeating it. *sighs* I ate clean for a full week, stayed within my points, and still weigh the exact same as I did last week at this time. I did lose weight, but it came back. Would it be possible that my weight didn’t budge because my workouts were pretty hard core? Nah, it’s probably my cheat meal. I’m going to try to avoid that this week. Today is some kind of cardio.

Cathy – Where did the weekend go?! DD15 was talking about the possibility of becoming a lit teacher – I thought of you immediately. She just loves the class (has over 100% in it). I find the snow easier to ski on in the East (probably because the mountains are not as steep!). DH wants to go for a weekend soon – crazy not to with all the snow – 11 feet in many places. Great job on the outdoor run – I’m looking forward to being able to do that. Have fun with your yoga or stretch tonight!

Carole – I guess we’ll be dealing with another windy/rainy day tomorrow. Fun. The Chargers pulled it off!

Jackie – Hope you enjoyed your rest day!

:Linda – Yeah, the HLX/APX premix is a long one. With pauses for equipment changes it clocked in at 1 hour 45 minutes (and I skipped the core work as I was really sore from my core work the day before). I was surprised at how fast it went. Try it – it’s fun!

Thomasina – I’m with you about the back to work thing – yuck! Glad to hear you’re home and with power! I’m happy DH and DS are warm, too. Too funny about your sis’s kitchen – I would LOVE to cook there, too. I’m rooting for ya on the challenge!

Sunny – Enjoy your workout! Sounds tough!

Lori – Oh, I’m sorry to hear about your TM! Hope you can get a new one!

Judy – Sounds like a great plan! Have fun on your “fueled” run!

Lorie – I know the feeling about not looking forward to a full week of work – it’s mine in 3 weeks! Hope it goes fast. You do have such a positive attitude – good for you!

Wendy – Hope you survive work today! Enjoy whatever workout you decide on. Hope you get your X+ vids soon! But in the mean time – enjoy Slo Mo!

Wendi – you ladies need to STOP with the BOSU talk. I’m no nearer to my goal than I was, so I’m just seething with jealously! :J+ Sorry you did not get home until 9 last night. You must be exhausted!

Kristi – I always loved reading to DD15 when she was little. I miss it. :p Good job on getting in your run!

Well, time to get moving. I’m feeling kind of blah today. I think it’s because of the wine I had yesterday (yes, still within my weight watchers points). Have a great day all!

Cathy...maybe I will look at those pics today....:)...sounds like a monday on the right track for you! Enjoy yoga or stretching today.

Sunny...thanks...we normally get maybe one snow storm at about 1-2 inches once a year. In Dec of 2003 we had like 12 inches and it was a mess with all the downed trees. Have fun with your TT and BBC cardio workout.

Lori...Enjoy your GS workout. I do hope things work for you getting a new TM.

Judy...I think fueling before a longer run is a good idea. Glad to hear you have some mild weather.

Lorie...Hope you can get some fun things in the work week. I think looking at the new topic positively is a great idea.

Wendy...hope you get the new X+ workouts ASAP! I didn't know you had Slo-mo...go for it...:)

Wendi..good job with the Bosu workout today.

Kristi...sounds like a rest weekend was needed. Enjoy your Slo- mo and TM run.

Christine...sorry about the scale not budging, but you know for whatever reason it is probably just water and will be gone by next week. I guess we get one day break before the next storm. I was kinda stunned the Chargers pulled it out, I am looking forward to next weekends games.

Jackie...Yes, it was no fun realizing I had to pull out of the relays, but I know it is the best thing to do. I was kinda surprised SD pulled that game out. Hope you enjoyed your rest day yesterday.

Today will be a Slo-mo lower body premix, abs and 40 min on my EXT. I will also see my nephew for an adjustment and to rule out a stress fracture on my hip.

Have a great day...

Good morning cheetahs,
The "ladies" are FINALLY going back to school today, YAY!!!!!! I think I will curl up with my book and just relax:)

I did HSC last night and my body feels really good today, love that workout! Today, I am going to do 40 minutes on the elliptical and butts and gutts lower body.

Thanks for all the compliments on my sweet little Chrissy. I just love her so much.

Cathy, Beatiful pics. You are so photogenic. Enjoy your yoga tonight. That actually sounds like fun today.

Sunnydelite, have fun with BBC. I need to pull those out.

Lori, I hear ya about having to have a treadmill. This is our third one. We have been using one for about 15 years. Hope you can get one soon:)

Judy, Mary is doing really well right now. She is starting to feel like her ole self and her hair is growing in. She is done with all the big stuff. She does still have to get a chemo shot every month until August. It is not the really heavy dose this time though. Enjoy your 7 miler and thanks for asking about Mary:)

Lori, I think Cathy did the whole b-day list last year. I am not sure if she still has that or not. Great idea though. I hope you get through your 5 day week. 10 days is a long time be off;-)

Wendy, I have been out of the loop for awhile. What is the x+ videos?

Wendi, drill max with the bosu. So are you using the bosu for the step portion? Do you still get your heartrate up as high? I am getting curious about this whole bosu thing;-)

Kristi, I know what you mean about being MIA lately. I have been too. I am hoping with the girls going back to school I can get some more cheetah time. HAve fun with your run!

Christine, That is funny you mention about not losing weight after a hard core week. That is what I notice lately with me. When I take few days off or have a light week working out, the scale moves. I don't get it, that never used to happen. So, I am really trying to just to 4-5 cardios a week instead of 6 or 7. I also notice when I do yoga I lose more weight. Go figure. Good job staying on track though. I am not there yet;-)

Carole, I hope that your hip is not fractured. I have found lately that when I have pain on my run I just relax and ignore it and a lot of times it just goes away. I know that sounds hokey, but sometimes I think the mind focuses too much on it. Have a good adjustment and good workout:)

YAY, I made it through all today's personals.

Cheers!
Susan

Good morning cheetahs. I'm looking out the window at a beautiful white winterwonderland:) I know you Northeastern and Canadian cheetahs are going hohum but it's a wonderful treat for me. Unfortunately we already have a good covering and todays forecast calls for 100% chance of HEAVY snowfall. That rarely happens here and it will be havoc to drive in but DH and I have to go out today!

Cathy- Aw, come on... you an ugly duckling???? Take the blinders off your eyes there girl! I agree with Lorie- you are a certified hottie! Have fun with your new rotation and yoga today.

Judy- How nice to be able to get in a good outdoor run today... really out of the question for myself here :( but I have the trusty old TM anyway. Great Bosu mish mosh you put together yesterday!
I never try to get in a longer run or workout on an empty stomach... I'll be curious to hear if it helps you today.

Lorie- Sending you some more sympathetic vibes on having to change the topic of your dissertation! I just think it's horrible that your advisor let you put so much work into it before springing this on you. Unforgivable IMO!! About the Bday info.... talk to Cathy cuz I believe she already has this info, BUT it has been a while so the list probably needs updating. Also, I was checking out the SF marathon info... sounds like alot of fun and you can count me in!
The course doesn't really sound that tough at all, no cable car hills in it and the elevation changes are no more than a few hundred ft.... that's nothin for yours truly! The big challenge will be coordinating it so all who are interested can register since it does sell out quickly.

Carole- I'm sorry you had to nix your marathon relay but you did the right thing. Racing will definitely only aggravate your problem.
Glad you are seeing the chiro nephew today and ruling in or out a stress fx!

Christine- Sorry your scale didn't cooperate with you this morningx(
Nothing so frustrating as being stuck in a plateau. I do hope we can coordinate a GTG with the SF race... I would so dearly love to meet you in particular! Re: ASCII, yes I do have all of the segments down pretty well, including #5 but I do have to still concentrate or I lose it.

SunnyD- Haven't tried the iTrain Circuis circuit yet.... still having downloading trouble with my iPod and so far have only the first part x( My internet connection is via satellite so with the weather today.... fuggedaboutit! My DH has the security options set very high also which makes downloading troublesome and I get yelled at when I fiddle with itx( Have a great time with your TT workout.

Lori- I'd say your physical (and mental) health is a top priorty!
Other bills can wait a tad longer.... go for a new TM:7

Wendy- Sorry you have to go into work todayx( I can definitely commiserate with ya.... hating my job myself nowadays! Great idea to try something new today! I'd love to hear your opinion on the SloMo workouts.

Wendi- Well, you've convinced me to try out the DM ultracardio on the Bosu soon.... sounds great!

Kristi- You sound uberbusy as usual! But as always, your priorities are with your cute little ones where they should be. Good to hear that you are definitely keeeping up with the running. I see a half marathon PR in your future!

Jackie- Okay, I guess a visit from DBF is a good reason to be off your posting routine;-) Whatcha doin today?

Thomasina- aka PoshCheetah ;-) hmmmmm.... I think I'd be a good scaryCheetah! LOL. What's up with you today?

Hi Linda!

Susan- posting together today! Glad to hear all is well and you have a break now with your girls in school. I did HSC yesterday using the Bosu--- great workout!

I think that about catches me up.... whew! For today I'll be doing a 3 mile tempo run and AllBodyAttack... I think I'll try it on the Bosu! Hopefully I get my new workouts in the mail today... including the Bosublast!

tata

ShellyC

Hi Shelly,
WOw, a winterland in AZ. That is pretty amazing. Hey if you make it to SF, you better make time for me too;-) When is this GTG planned?

Susan

Hi Cheetah!

Sorry but no time for personals today. I'm doing some training today. Will try and catch up tomorrow.

I did Mix It Up this morning. That was all I had time for.

Hope you ladies are having a wonderful day!

Jackie

Carole – I was stunned, too – especially as when I left to pick up DD15 from her meeting, the score was 3-0 Tennessee. When I came back, the Chargers were way ahead! I’m sure the weight is water weight. Maybe next week I’ll lose 5. Bodies are weird. :p Let us know how the hip visit goes! I hope it’s not too bad tomorrow. I have to drive downtown.

Susan – I have to chuckle every time I hear your new kitty’s name. When I was in 6th grade, one of my friend’s cats had kittens and they kept two females. Her brother was 2 at the time and named the cats “Chrissy and Sissy” because of me and his sister. Your kitty is not only super sweet, but she brings back warm memories for me. When I went to a running/yoga only rotation, I did lose weight. In fact when I’m in North Carolina for the week, that’s what I plan to do – cardio and yoga only. Enjoy your day to relax.

Shelly – Enjoy your winter wonderland! I’m jealous – but I hope everyone drives carefully while you and DH are on the road. When I lived in Albuquerque we always had the yahoos with the 4 wheel drives who thought that they could handle anything at normal speeds when it snowed. Fortunately, they tended to be in the ditches when we went by… :p I think the GTG with the SF race would be cool, too – it’s 98% women who run it. And it’s a gorgeous course. And, I would so love to meet you finally!!! With ASCII - I’m going to do combo 5 first on Thursday when I next have it on my rotation. That way I’m fresh with it, and can concentrate. :p Enjoy your workout!

Jackie – Have fun at training!!!! Good job in getting in your workout!

Well, thanks for all the support on the scale! I did actually go down 1 pound, so I’m happy, especially as I am fairly bloated and feeling kind of icky today. In reviewing my eating habits, I realized that I increased my fiber intake suddenly and viola!

I ended up doing KBX – skipped Combo 5 and subbed the heavy bag portion (which I do with hand weights and no heavy bag) and added on the core because Amy’s core work is so different from everything else out there. That woke me up and put me in a good frame of mind. Enjoy your days everyone!

Hi Girls.

I'm quite cranky today. I don't know what my problem is. I am actually not as bad as I was before. When I got home from work I was a force NOT to be reckoned with. Now that I've had a power nap I am a bit better. LOL

Hopefully Ms.Bento will lift my spirits in few minutes....

I'll be back later to let you know if it worked!}(

ETA: P90X+ JUST got delivered to my front door!!!! *does happy dance around the room!* Believe it or not, I am STILL going to do Slo Mo now that I've decided on it. It will give me time to preview the new work outs and get a plan together for phase 2!:+ :7 :+ :7

wendy- i am soooooooo jealous. the UPS man came today and i just knew it was my new workouts ( i almost attacked him:7 ) well it was my new weighted gloves. i am happy but not as happy as you:p . let me know what you think!!

christine- i sent you an email:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.