::: CHEETAHS ::: (almost) Trippin' Thursday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Morning, cheetahs! :)

Wendy :: You probably would've recognized the photo. It's from the skit where he auditions against Patrick Swayze to become a Chippendale's...Ah yes, Debbie Downer--sometimes I think she posts on these boards! *lol* How was dinner last night? I know it's hard to get all A's at MILs!

Today's a day of running around for me. But first, I'm looking forward to an early run followed by the KM drills & WP Buns & Thighs.

Have a great day, everyone!

Mornin' gals!

So sorry about lack of personals...again, ugh:mad:!!! Today is going to be a chaotic one at work, followed by bowling, followed by Joisey tomorrow so I probably won't be back until Friday night. Sorry!!!

Quickie....horse show went fabulous:D:D:D! We swept ALL of the classes in the division, woohoo!

Cathy - Ohhhhh my, have you got some leg torture on tap for today:eek:! It's probably a *good* thing that you're skipping the step class tomorrow morning *lol*! Enjoy your run this morning....it's beeeeooootiful out there right now!

Ack, sorry, gotta skidaddle for now. Have a fantabulous day ladies!

Morning Glories! :)

Cathy: I didn't recognize it but I HAVE seen that skit! ROFLMAO! :D Yes, Debbie DEFINATELY posts on these boards at times. ;) IA with Wendi, you have some definate leg torture headin' your way. Enjoy! So my GPA ended up being less then stellar cause of MIL's. I got a B in the calorie section of weight control but I didn't go over by much. I got some other bad grades we won't talk about (LOL) but they were in OTHER areas. Thankfully I am not scheduled to visit MY mom tonight like I usually do since I saw her on Sunday. If I were going there that would mean back to back low grades. I don't mind a day here and there but when the bad grades pile up days in a row, that bothers me.
Hey, I have a question for you. How does your school handle things like severe peanut allergies? Is your school a "no peanut zone"? Does that include the foods that have ANYTHING peanut-related in the ingredients as well as foods processed in the same plants as peanuts? I ask because y'day was the 2nd time a boy with a severe peanut allergy came into the babysitting room of the gym. I wasn't there the first time but was there y'day. His mom dropped the "emergency" bag off with my co-worker just in case the boy started to have a reaction. She told my co-worker he could die within 3 minutes from it. I FREAKED! I was soooo paranoid! My goodness, I had just eaten peanut butter for breakfast and my coworker had a granola bar with peanuts in it for breakfast! No one is allowed to eat IN the daycare room but I take my son (and myself) out for a quick snack most days. We can not control what the kids ate for breakfast and who didn't wash their hands or whatever. This kid can die from getting it on his skin! He doesn't even have to eat it! We told our supervisor who was supposed to talk to the mom. Not sure what is going to happen but the bottom line is that we can not be held responsible for this kid.
Whew! Sorry so long! LOL

Wendi: So how excited are you gettin' about headin' to Jersey tmrw morning? :D What time will you have to leave to make the morning step class? Are you meeting anyone in particular there to take the class with?

So I have 4DS all upper body premix on tap for this morning. It's about an hour long and will surely FRY me! LOL after that I plan to head to the gym for a run. Not sure how long. I was going to make it short (20 mins) but I realized I will not be doing my 4th (outdoor) run this week since I'll be on the RT so I'll probably do a longer run after all. We'll see what moves me when I get there...

hi everyone. a little groggy this morning. i had some weird dreams alst night, so my sleep was not that great. hopefully, the tea will kick in soon!

cathy-i am glad you are following jeff's plan. like i said, i don't really want to do training runs over my marathon distance, but i love his advice about walk breaks! i have met jeff quite a few times, he is an atlanta native, and he is a super nice guy!!! i got the message about friday and think that sounds great! :D

wendy-i put everyone's number in my cell. i also sync'd it but i'm not sure i am going to bring my laptop. anyway, i would like to meet with you guys, just gotta check with some others first. as for the marathon and not being sore, i really believe it has to do with taking walk breaks starting at MILE ONE. it was difficult to do because i think people thought i was already petering out at mile one, but i made up for it when i passed them while they were walking later on! ;) can't wait to see you! :D

gloria-it IS too hot to be in school!!! it makes no sense to start this early, especially when we are supposed to be more conscious of the environment and conserving energy. i have heard of some school districts and businesses going to four-day work weeks. that would be GREAT! i would much rather work two extra hours every day to have a day off!

carole-it is amazing how blue skies can cheer someone up! i hope the rain wasn't too bad!!!

linda-i am not planning on doing step today as i don't want to be "stepped out" for the rt! i am excited to be going but still have some stuff to do.

wendi-can't wait to see you tomorrow!!! :D

so, i have a wee bit of packing left to do. just odds and ends. i also am planning on a work out but am not sure what i will do. i know it will be upper body weights. maybe i'll do the 4ds kb & ub premix.

Hi Cheetahs!

Cathy: Or should I say WT slacker??? LOL! That was me yesterday for sure. DH is a hard worker. He said he could not stop thinking about work yesterday. That was very nice what you said. Sounds like a killer workout today! :)

Linda: Yes I do think it will be hot out there during the day. Last year we didn't leave for MI until like the 20th of August. I would bring some long sleeves for the morning for sure, since we both know how cold it can get at night. My friends and I worked out at 6:30 a.m. and I wore shorts and a long sleeve tech shirt. Sometimes even a fleece vest. I am one who gets cold really easily though. It is no fun when a workout is frustrating! Hope you have a good one today! :)

Wendy: You can call me ding bat Cheetah. For some reason I was thinking yesterday was Friday and you all were going on the road trip. DUH! All this time off has me off. DH and I had a nice day, thanks!

Wendi: Great job on the horse show! Sorry for the frustrations. :(

Carole: Yes I do remember Tamilee's stuff to be something to swear about back then! LOL! Good to have a little rain. Hopefully no lightning in the mountains though. Do you spend more time with Beau than DH does? Pip has really bonded with me, DH not so much. That will all change when school starts though, as he will have her at work all day.

No workout yesterday. DH and I were quite lazy, which is ok. He is getting really tired from working all the time and he needed a quiet day. We sat by the campfire last night. I am tired this morning. Today will be a run. Maybe something else. Have a nice day everyone! :)

Lorie: Will you share some pics from the RT with us? I do not think I would mind a four day work week either! We already go to school more days than the state requires and our union negotiators tried to get our super to cut some days out to save money, but he will not have it. He says it is not in the best interest of the children. Enjoy your upper body workout today!!:)

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...I usually do fine with the Omega 3 as I use flax seed everyday. I take a fish oil softgel if I am lacking in Omega 3. The 6 is another story, so I am going to look into some cereal that has Omega 6, and see if I can get it that way. I think that was weird finding the RDA for Potassium as 3500 mg. Speaking if SNL, Rosanne Rosannadanna had to be my favorite!!! Enjoy your run, drills and Pilates today.

Wendy...glad you are finding your rotation workable. I think your plan sounds great. I have seen a few flavored beers for awhile. I will have to try the Raspberry & pomegranate one soon. Beer really is my only CAB, and I have cut back to loose some lbs...:)..Sounds like a good upper body fryer today! Good luck with your 4th run...

Lorie..the rain was actually nice although it did dirty up my car pretty well! Wow!! It is countdown time for the RT!!

Gloria...I do probably spend more time with Beau that DH, but I am home more. When he starts training Beau for hunting, he will be spending more time with him. Those lazy days are nice...enjoy your run.

Linda...It was fun stepping Tuesday as I had not done step in awhile. Not much rain really but the lightening was only in the higher elevations. Good workout yesterday despite the phone! I rarely answer mine when I work out. I do have called ID though so I can see who is calling.

Today is legwork, yoga and 30 min on my EXT.

Have a great day...:)

Hey, I just realized that I got B's in the Omegas y'day! Overeating at MIL's must have some good points to it after all! LOL

Carole: I will not experience 4 run week until next week. This week I will miss my 4th due to the RT. Today will be my 3rd which I will make longer since #4 will not happen. I COULD try to squeeze in a run tmrw before I leave but I don't think it's worth it. I also thought about skipping Saturday morning's step class. I could run instead. I'll have to think about that....You and Cathy are being good and cutting back/cutting out the beer and I am drinking MORE these days! OOPS! Oh well, once my bowling league is over my consumption will automatically be cut down. I can deal until then. ;) Have a good work out!

Workout done. :) :) :)

Wendi :: congrats on a hugely successful day yesterday!...I have been adding on Winsor, Squeeze, the KM drills, or a combination thereof 2x a week in my current rotation. Makes for a nice extra burn...Tomorrow is my rest day, actually, as I need to do my long run Saturday instead of Sunday this week. So even if I was a steppin' maniac, I'd not be partaking. Good luck tonight on the lanes.

Wendy :: I am very much enjoying the add-on legwork for a different sort of burn. This is my trouble spot as it is, but with my recent scale creep-up, attention was needed here...Excellent job staying in the B zone for calories. I know MIL is a killer cook...I usually fail *something* daily. *lol* Today it will likely be potassium and sodium again. Since I am only taking 1/2 my multi-vitamin, I am no longer flunking niacin (that's a B now). If I adhere strictly to what I've planned, I will get a C in magnesium, B in saturated fat, B in omega 3, B in iron, and A's everywhere else. That's pretty typical for me in terms of grade distribution. Are you typically eating at the top or bottom of your calorie range?...Re: allergies...we are very, very conscious about allergies at my school. We have quite a few kids with the type of severe allergies you've described. In fact, this past year, we had to learn how to use epi-pens, which is basically a needle the student has to have if they go into anaphylactic shock. I think there were close to 20 kids schoolwide who had these last year. To be honest, it does make me a little bit uncomfortable having this responsibility. I see almost 100 kids a day, and my primary responsibility is to meet their individual learning needs, which is no small feat. It's hard, on top of that, to keep track of the unique and potentially life-threatening (!) medical needs of 15 of them as was the case this past year. I think that's A LOT of kids with severe allergies on one team. But I will say, one advantage of teaching the middle school level is that, at this age, the kids are very, very aware of what they can and can't eat. But our nurse is on top of things, and we take every precaution. She requests that we tell her in advance any time we plan to offer food in the classroom. I absolutely understand your apprehensions working with such a little one when there is no medically-trained professional on duty. I'll be curious to hear what the outcome is.

WT :: stinks you had another poor night's sleep...You did tell me you had met Jeff before--very cool...I'm chuckling over the people who thought you were petering out already at mile one. I'm sure that will happen to me as well. I have played with the walk breaks some, going every two miles before a walk break. It is hard to stop yourself and walk when you just want to keep going in the early miles. But I find in the later miles, I am grateful for a minute's respite and take them every mile (on a couple of the ugly runs, I've needed more than that even)...Very interesting about the 4-day work week. I'm not sure I would like that.

Gloria :: Hey, the irony is, my boss gave the TLs a book to read called The Myth of Laziness. I should call him up and tell him it's not a myth! *lol*:)...I was laughing about the comment that all this time off has you off because I can totally relate! Enjoy your run and something else! :)

Carole :: I eat a 1/4 cup of walnuts for the 6's...I like to have flax with some fruit or wheat germ with my yogurt, but then my 3's go up too high supposedly. I haven't been taking my fish oil lately. I bought triple strength from GNC, so I'm sure that would have me failing again...Re the potassium--maybe it's worth bringing up on the nutrition software forum?...:) re: Rosannadanna...now that's some classic SNL. How about Ed Grimley? Enjoy today's workout.

Good morning Cheetahs!

Now, I must apologize for lack of personals. But, sometimes you just have those weeks. I was able to read through some of the posts. Seems like everyone is doing great!

Yesterday's workout was Legs & Glutes. Today, I woke up with a headache and just wasn't in the mood for a run. I did all of Kick, Punch & Crunch and some foam rolling. Used my weighted gloves.

Election day here today. Finally got some rain too. Now, I know how to get some rain. Just schedule an election. :D

Will catch up with you ladies later.

Hi Girls.

Been back from the gym for a while now but I've been fiddling with the nutrtion software. I am taking Cathy's lead and will take only half of my multi vitamin to see if that helps my niacin number as it is over daily. With only half the vitamin it is A okay at this point but if I eat the wrong thing it goes up too high again. Everything else that the multi gave me A's in remains an A even with only half so I guess that's the way to go. Thanks Cathy! :)

So I decided to do CC vol 8 today. I did it through the 2nd steady state and then listened to evil challenge #3 while I ran at a fast but comfortable pace until I reached the 4 mile mark. I hope I have energy for 4DS upper body at nap time now!

Gotta go make DS some lunch and I then I promised him I would take him out to play in his power wheels truck for a while before nap time. If it were me, I'd be playing in the pool or sprinkler but this is what he wanted to do! LOL

BBIAB!

Jackie :: nice job working through KPC despite your headache. Understandable--some days posting is just a bit much. Glad you finally got some much-needed precipitation.

Wendy :: I saw that tip on the diet & nutrition forums. Works better for me that way, too.

Nutrition software users :: when you are in the software, do you get timed out after awhile and have to re-login in? For me, this means I have to log out of the forums, and then log in to the Workout Manager page. And strangely, a couple of times it's shown me as being logged in even when I've logged out of both places. Seems like there are still some conflicts there. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this or if things are working smoothly for you.

Jackie: I am impressed that you got in anything at all with a headache!! Good going girl! It is almost TGIF...:)

Cathy: I hear you on the off feeling. It is wierd to not be sure what day of the week it is! About a month ago someone asked how old I was and I said 31. After I thought about it, I was like no, I was born in 76 so that means I'm 32. I hate to say it, but I need a job. LOL! :) Too funny about the lazy book! Great workout today. Enjoy the rest tomorrow. Wow, you have to deal with some crazy stuff with the allergies! I know when we went on field trips all I had to bring were some inhalers and the kids never needed them thank goodness. You are so lucky to have a nurse on staff. But I guess you probably have more kids than we do. Our poor secretaries have so much on their plates. They take care of everything in regard to that. Some of our teachers are you know whats to them, but I would never dare to cross them. They are the people you want on your side for sure.

Wendy: This may be taboo on the Cathe forums, but I just cannot get into the CCs for some reason. I do not hate them, just not a lover like others are. Anyway, proud of you for getting it in. Did you do your weights? It looks like Dh and DS will be bachelors this weekend! Too cute!

Carole: Your DH is a duck hunter right? My DH hunts grouse and woodcock with the dogs. I go with him sometimes, but I would NEVER kill anything. It is nice to be in the woods and hang with DH. It has been stressful for me to make sure I am training, since DH doesn't have the time. I am reading books like Gun Dog! At least it is an easy read. He keeps telling me what a critical time it is with Pip. He even has a grouse wing attached to the end of one of his fly rods that I am supposed to be teaching her to woah with. I have digressed here. Hope the workout was nice for you today. Christine's DH would be happy to know that I washed my car for the first time in a year today! ;)

Workout is coming later. I promise I will not skip it since my eating was not stellar yesterday. I am feeling a nap coming on since both dogs got me up early. Had another minor repair to the car today that had to be done in order to get from place to place. I will not bore you with the details. I will just say that I will never buy another one of these cars again. Hope all are having a nice day. It is not super hot here thank goodness. Perfect napping weather....:)

Hello, Cheetah’s!

Cathy – Enjoy your KM dills and WB&T!

Wendi – I am glad the show went well! Enjoy bowling and Joisey and don’t’ work too hard!

Wendy – Good job on your CC#8 I did 4DS this week, too! I love that one! Sure do wish I was going on the RT! Have fun!

Lorie – Enjoy your workout! Another 4DSer!

Gloria – Thanks! I will put a couple of long sleeved tech shirts in my suitcase! I am looking forward to the trip! Awww! Sitting around a campfire sounds wonderful! Sorry you are tired!

Carole – Enjoy your EXT, Yoga and legwork! I have caller ID on mine, too….but I didn’t have my glasses on while working out….and lately I cannot see (read) at all without them…..so I couldn’t read it. LOL…..that is sooo aggravating! Anyway….

Jackie – I hope your headache goes away!! I love KPC! I think the first year it came out…I did it at least twice a week (sometimes 3 times a week) for a full year!!

Every night this week has been out of the ordinary. I got in bed late last night, so I am very, very tired.

This morning I ran 5 miles and did 4DS CB and S.

Hi to everyone!

Hi ya girls.

I've been busy packing as you can well imagine. I have the clothing done but still have toiletries to do. I will likely wait til morning for that. I have to run to the store for a few things before I can finish packing anyway. I planned tmrw as a rest day and it's a good thing. Now my morning will be completely free so I don't have rush.

I barely made it through my 4DS ub work out this afternoon. I don't think it's because it's THAT hard. I think it's because my body just didn't wanna go there. I *ALMOST* turned it off. I think I really needed one more day before tackling that but I wasn't about to try to do that tmrw morning. Perhaps I should have dispensed with it completely but once I started it, I refused to quit. I lightened up and did the best I could.

So my GPA is on the stinky side for today. Slightly high on cals which in itself isn't so bad but I got alot of crappy grades in other areas too. I was actually a gram below the range in fat so that gave me a B there but I'm not mad about that one! LOL Even with only taking 1/2 the vitamin today I ended up with high niacin. GRRRR. I guess there's not much I can do. It seems to be popular in the foods I like to eat. Oh well. Knowing full well it would take me out of my calorie range, I treated myself to some peanut butter icecream tonight. Joey and I shared it. :) It was yummy. It was a light icecream and I had only the serving amount. I am not worrying about it with the ensuing multiple sweatfests I am about to endure this weekend! LOL

Well, I'm tired. Sorry for the lack of personals. I'll catch up in the morning over coffee. I think I'm gonna go lay down and read or watch a little tv until I fall asleep...

Good night my dear cheetahs...I'll see a few of you tomorrow!:D

hellleeeewwww!

Hey Ya’ll,

It’s been one of those busy kind of weeks, so not much time to post. I wanted to post on Monday with my antics of that day, but ran outta time to do so. What happened was I met my friend in Auburn before work to get in a nice 7 miles and then proceeded down the hill afterwards to the gym for a shower then over to work. Weeeaaaallll, shucks, I realized whilst stepping into the shower at the gym that I’d forgotten my work clothes! yikes, um, ya, had to go to work in stinky running clothes and shoes. I first just popped only my head in my manger’s office and said, “Houston, we have problem”..as she looked at me with a terrified looking “what?”, I then stepped all the way into her office proclaiming I’d forgotten my clothes… :eek: and she belted out laughing….It is way too far for me to go all the way home for a change of clothes so I offered to run over somewhere and buy something appropriate but she left that up to me. I couldn’t stand the smell of my shirt so someone scrounged me up a college logo shirt, so the rest of the day wasn’t so bad – just got a lot of funny looks! Sheesh…

Bought the Gillian McKeith “You are What You Eat” book last Friday (thank you enablers Lorie and Judy) and I must say OMG! I have eaten superbly all week and boy do I feel a million times better even with all my busy-ness…..I’m signed up for her bootcamp beginning Monday. I’ll yabber mower about this stuff later when I have time...

I gotta get to bed now, but I wanna wish all the RT’er Cheetahs a great time and a big hello to all youse fabulous Cheetah pals! Hopefully I can manage a novel personals posting this weekend…

Posh…

PS – Cathy, I pm’d you the other day a response to the walk break thing as I didn’t have to post on the boards…didn’t know if you got it…

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.