CHEETAHS 12/4 (Tuesday)

sunnydelite

Cathlete
Hello Cheetahs,

wendy- OMG, i am glad to hear joey is alright. if it were me i would have reacted the same as you. dh always teases re: ds#1, he claims one time he fell on a pillow and i cried...:eek: ;)

linda- i definitely didn't like it alot. i will have to to do it again but so far i am not happy with it.

shelly- you are in amazing shape. no DOMS after such a long run...i am in awe.

thomasina- thanks girl, glad to see you are staying with us!!

judy- uh-oh, i smell another itrain addiction, lol.

today i am trying tracey's glute camp and a 40 min iclimb (not sure which one yet).

my legs feel great this morning...woohooo, DOMS are gone!!

have a great day to all in cheetahville:7

Good morning, everyone! :) :) :) How’s the cheetah pack doing?

Sunny :: No, I didn’t hold out...(do I ever? *lol*) I was shopping with my mom, and since I couldn’t make up my mind, she suggested I think about it and come back the next day if I still wanted it. After running around shivering in a lighter jacket all day, I decided to go for it. This jacket is sooo cozy and warm—I love it…Glad the legs have recovered. They should get another punishing with glute camp and an iClimb...enjoy!

Judy :: I think the alternating circuits with cardio plan sounds like a good one for December.

Wendy :: love, love, *love* Chang’s!!! Here’s a link to the website with NJ locations: http://www.pfchangs.com/location/loc_code.aspx?state=nj I see there’s one in Freehold and one in AC…How does Joey’s lip look today?

Wendi :: I shuddered thinking about having to drive in the ice…how’d it go at Planet Fitness?

Hi Kelly! http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/welcomeflowrs.gif

Jackie :: received your card yesterday along with Kristi’s…thank you!

Susan :: I opted to do my own yoga practice this time…about 20 minutes…modeled the opening sun salutations after 10 Min. Solutions Yoga and then branched off…I like 10 Min. Solutions, Baron’s Long and Lean, and Yee’s workouts the best. Eventually, I hope to add Magically Hips. Glad you enjoyed your rest day yesterday.

Christine :: sounds like an enjoyable time in Chicago so far!…I would love to visit there this time of year. And now I have the right coat for it, too! :)

Kristi :: rec’d your card yesterday…thanks!…A Christmas bonus—sweeeet! I used to get those before teaching…they were nice!…Can’t wait to hear what you think of your BOSU. There isn’t a wide selection of DVDs available, but you *can* use it with many of our existing workouts and you’ll get even more use out of it if you do your own thing…I accomplished pretty much everything this weekend, so now I can relax! How about you? Are you done?

Shelly :: loved reading about the LV adventures…The NY, NY coaster is fun…Glad you are feeling good…I did enjoy my yoga…Mondays are usually busy, so it is just the thing after a long day to help decompress…my legs really needed a good stretch.

Linda :: it’s a bit dreary here, too…and *very* windy! I won’t spend too much time on the hair today as it will be pointless. :) Hope you enjoyed your rest day.

Thomasina :: I’ve been very pleased with the BOSU and feel I am gaining good core strength from using it.

Hey ]Carole :: welcome back! We missed you!

Last night, I did my own 20 min. yoga practice...ahhh!...Spent some extra time in downward dog, which is not my favorite pose but the most needed. Felt good afterward. Then I added a little bit of ab work on the BOSU. Today will be 4DS C&B plus a cardio TBD and a short Squeeze add-on for the legs.

Have a great day, everyone! BBL tonight hopefully...
[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/holidays/th_tomtebart2.gif

well, i already know that i won't have tome for personals today (AGAIN). i have an early meeting so i have to get out of my nice, warm bed :( and workout and get to school. then, i have had about a million requests for linus to work with specific kids. i keep getting emails saying that this or that person just thought of ANOTHER kid that they would like linus to work with. there's just not enough linus to go around!!!

yesterday, i did scrambled eggs for the first time. i had a blast! i need to remember that one.

no idea what my w/o for today is. i need to do weights but i haven't run since friday so i might be with grace this morning. also, because of my early meeting, it needs to be shorter (an hour or less).

anyway, to be honest, i doubt i'll be back today because i think linus and i are going to be very busy. i will try to check in when i get home from work. the thing with that is, that i am usually on the computer writing reports and answering emails all day, so that when i get home the last thing i want to do is get on a computer!!!

thank you, kristi for the beautiful card. i really need to get mine out.

lori-what's that add-on to your address? i can't find it.

cathy-you are really making me think about putting a bosu on my christmas list!!!

Greetings Cheetah YaYas!

We are covered in snow! DD has no school, we live in an area where there is often blowing and drifting on the country roads. DS's school is IN session. It makes no sense because his school is private and draws from all over the area. So people travel much farther to get to there.

DD and I will be shoveling later. I still have to go to tennis (They won't cancel) and do an iTread.

Lorie- I missed the initial post about Linus. Is he part of a dog therapy situation? or a great psychologist? I don't blame you for not going on the computer at night after a long day.

Cathy- nice going on doing your own yoga.

Sunny- No DOMS already ? great!

Kristi and Jackie- Thank you for the cards. I am still waiting for ours to be delivered.

Linda - Did I read that you did 11.25 miles on the TM??? That is really an accomplishment.

Wendy- How is Joey this morning?

Wendi- I hope you stay warm today! What a rotten thing your boss did the other day.

Welcome back Carole :) How do you feel post race?

Shelly are you still off work? You would love the snow here today.

HI Kelly and Thomassina :)

Well I got a good part of decorating done inside yesterday, except our tree. I also ended up almost finishing the shopping on line. there is much less to do anyway now. I still have not wrapped. This will become a high priority in the next few days. And I need to send out the email invite for Christmas Eve. ( sorry to be so self centered today)

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Good Morning Cheetahs!

I actually have some time this morning! Yeah! I’m going to do something on the Elliptical – CC5 or an iClimb. The weights here are pretty limited, so I’ll wait until I get home to do weights. We’re supposed to get 3-6 inches of snow tonight. I hope I can get home tomorrow!

Lori – Did you manage to get any decorating done?

Judy – I’m actually going to do a circuit rotation for December. But a break of at least one week would probably do you some good. Good job getting the decorating done! I need to wrap, too. I’m so far behind.

Wendy – Are you enjoying the “X” so far? I’m so sorry to hear about Joey! That must have been terrifying!

Wendi – oh wow! Sorry to hear about the little stallion. Sounds like a lot of work! Are you getting any sleep?

Kelly – welcome! How wonderful that you’re training for your first Half Marathon. You’ll find a lot of great info on this thread!

Jackie – hi there! Enjoying 4DS? HIS IS tricky.

Susan – Glad you had a great rest day yesterday! I LOVE IHOP – no it’s not healthy, but one of their breakfasts lasts all day long! :p

Jess – Sounds like you have a great rotation set up. Are you training for a Tri?

Kristi – Are you sure you don’t have one local? They are all over the place now. The “in” thing to do is to ultra socialize your dog. PetsMart and PetCo often have them as well. Good job on spending your Christmas Bonus! Sounds like you made great purchases!

Shelly – I love reading your stories from Vegas! That must have been a great trip and you did fabulous on your marathon, especially with the ankle pain! I can’t wait to see the pics!!! I cannot believe you are not sore (well, actually, I can – I’m just jealous! :+). Good job, Shelly! Hi Fives from Jimmy and me!!

Linda – I know what you mean about the brutal cold! Fortunately, I don’t have to venture out today. I’ll be in conferences all day. Hope you warm up today!

Thomasina – Yes, we’re getting a nice little storm tonight. Yesterday was sunny, but the wind picked up in the afternoon. Hope the homework got done okay!

Sunny – Glad your legs are feeling great! Have fun with your iClimb!

Cathy – Did you go back and get the Calvin Klein Puffer? That’s a nice jacket. Sounds like a nice little workout!

Lorie – I love Scrambled Eggs! I’m getting to the point where I may be able to do it again, soo! I’m stoked! Have fun with your run or weights! Don’t push yourself to make a decision about DF. Just live with what you know for a while to see how it fits. Once the pain and confusion lessens, you’ll know what to do. It may take a bit. {{{{HUGS}}}

Carole – Can’t wait to hear your stories about the race! Way to go!! Sounds like you had fun! I wish my sister lived closer – I love how you always do things with yours!!

Well, it’s off to the elliptical! Keep warm all!

Good morning Cheetahs! Today will be a 3 or 4 miler on the treadmill. I'm feeling a little run down and my throat is sore. I'm going to play it by ear and if need be take a rest day. I don't want to wear my body down too much and get sick.

Cathy - I was able to get the Christmas decorating done this weekend. My Christmas shopping has been done since a week or two before Thanksgiving. However, I do have 4 gift certificates to buy still, but the stores are about a mile from my house. Now the only thing I need to do is wrap the presents. I'm a slacker in that department.

Thomasina - Of course you need a Bosu for your new "garage" area. :) :) Were you able to get your workout area finished?

Christine - I'll look around and see I can find. We have a PetSmart about a mile from my house. Unfortunately they don't offer anything in the way of doggie day care just training classes and vet care.

Well, I need to start working. My boss is here and I haven't done anything productive yet. Waves to all cheetahs!!

Good morning Cheery Cheetahs!

I just finished up KPC/L&G Kickbox and Strength Circuit and Abs. It was my first time doing this premix and I have to say that it's a good little workout. I wanted to do legs today but felt like I still wanted to get a little cardio factor so it fit the bill. The funny thing is it didn't feel that hard while I was doing it but now, about an hour later, my legs are gettin shaky }(! Nice surprise!

So, last night, I'm all ready to sit down and start doing cards when I get a phone call from the barn saying that a 100' section of fencing has blown down (12 posts broken at ground level) and the eight horses that live in that field are now loose :eek:! On my way there (normally about 15 min) I had to turn around twice and find alternate routes due to roads being closed for downed wires and car accidents!!! I finally get there, about 45 min later, to find that Luis has been able to catch everyone and get them into a different field, thank goodness. I get back in the car to go home as there is nothing to do at this point and have to re-route again because of yet another accident...car flipped over on it's roof, wrapped around a telephone pole. The scary thing is that I think it happened withing a couple of minutes of me passing through that area on the way out to the farm. So, very long story short, I got NADA done last night and now get to spend the day replacing the #%$^ing fenceline in 10* wind chills. Someone please just put a bullet in my head and put me out of my misery!!!

On that cheery note, I'll be back in a minute with personals :+.

Good Morning Girls.

I've been up for about an hour drinkin' my java, eatin' my cereal and browsing around the forums and other sites. I'm finally ready to hunker down and post. ;)

So I have some nice DOMS this morning. It's mostly in my lats. WOO! I think perhaps it would be more intense if not for the recovery drink or perhaps I am just kidding myself. :p Today is cardio of choice. Right NOW I am thinkin' an IMAX but by this afternoon I could change my mind so I'll update that thought once it has become reality. ;)

I was on the schedule to work today but I have to take DS for an EEG. If he will allow this test to happen and everything comes out "normal" then he can start being weaned off of his seizure med. If he won't sit still and let the test happen then he'll have to remain on the med for another year. Keep your fingers crossed that he doesn't squirm alot!...Yeah, right!:p

He isn't up yet so I don't know what his lip looks like but I'm not worried. A little fat lip never hurt anyone and it gives me a chuckle. LOL Mean, huh? :p I just have to remember to be gentle when I clean his face after meals. The cuts were tender last night and I apparently hurt him a bit after dinner. :-(

Kristi: I bought one DVD to go with my bosu. It's pretty good though I can't use it now that I've started the X. I used the bosu with my lower body mish mosh I did on sunday and enjoyed. I am also considering using the bosu for some of the push ups in chest and back next time!}( Hope you get some work done today and hope your boss leaves so you can come back and post!;)

Thomasina: Oh my goodness...I will just lock myself in my bedroom and not come out once Joey starts driving. I don't wanna know! LOL

Sunny: LMAO at DS falling on a pillow. OMG that's sooooo funny! Your DH has a great sense of humor. :7

Cathy: Freehold is not that far from me. Perhaps the next time DH and I are child-free, we will hit Chang's for dinner.:9

Lorie: I hope Linus makes lots of people smile today!

Judy: That's wierd about your DS' school but perhaps he is happy as now he doesn't have to shovel!}( LOL

Christine: C&B yesterday was awesome! Hope you had fun w/your elliptical work out.

Wendi: Oh my goodness girl. What a night you had! (((HUGS))) I'd have been soooo pist off. UGH! You must have the patience of a saint to deal with all of the cr@p your job throws at you!

Well, sounds like DS is up so I gotta go for now. I'll probably be back in a bit.

Lator Gators!:+

Just a quick post to say I did iClimb 16 45 minutes, and then climbed the 21 stories to my room (that's a workout in and of itself!). I need to shower!

Kristi - enjoy your run, and I hope you're feeling better! Good luck with Doggie Day Camp!

Wendi - how scary! Is it the storms that are moving through? It's nuts in the North East! Nice compromise on the Legs/Cardio!

Sunny - Boy, you're really looking to punish those legs and glutes, huh :p! Glad to hear your feeling terrific after your HM! So, would you consider doing it again }(?

Cathy - The jury is still out on Planet Fitness. I would really only need it for Dec-March but, if I go month-month, it'll be $15/month + $39 registration so I'm not sure if it'll be worth it for me. I'd probably only be able to get there twice a week. It was weird weather-wise here yesterday...we got a little bit of everything, YUCK!

Lorie - Ooh, I love Scrambled Eggs...the workout, that is :p! I'm sorry you and Linus are being stretched so thin. Although, you should be very proud of him being held in such high esteem :D!

Judy - Wow, you guys got slammed pretty good up there. Don't you just *love* when the school districts make such smart decisions regarding the safety of the kids *rolls eyes*. Between the shoveling, tennis and the iTread...WOW, is all I can say!!! Stay warm up there!

Christine - I hope you can get home safely tomorrow. TG there is now someone living at the farm that can do the overnight meds. I did get pretty good at driving to the barn on auto-pilot last year, though :eek:. Enjoy the elliptical! Stay warm girl!!

Jackie - Thank you for the beautiful card! To this day, we still can't figure out how he does it...I just wish he would stop! We ended up with 4" snow yesterday, followed by about 1/2" of ice and then another inch this morning. Not a lot, but certainly enough to make a mess!

Wendy - Oh poor Joey (and you!)...{{{HUGS}}}! How's he doing today? I'm so glad he didn't do any damage to his teeth, baby or not! So, how are you feeling today after your first X workout yesterday?!?!

Susan - You and I are on the same workout plan right now. I hope you enjoyed HSC...I love that one! As Christine can probably tell you, bundle up when you go to Chicago! Even I wouldn't want to be there right now.

Jess - Great workout! I would love to incorporate swimming into my rotation...you lucky duck!

Kristi - What a fantastic way to spend your bonus!!! Congrats! I find the asthma/eczema connection interesting.

Shelly - At least the stallion is a GREAT patient. If I had someone squirting that much goop in my eye everyday I would *NOT* be so pleasant! I can't wait to see the pics from LV!!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time! No DOMS :eek:...INHUMAN!!!

Linda - Yeah, I was pretty much a walking zombie last year...TG for the help this year! I hope you enjoyed your rest day yesterday...do anything fun?

Thomasina - Sorry to hear about all the homework on top of work. I *WISH* a TM was in the budget but I don't see that happening anytime soon :-(. I hope you enjoy your luncheon today!

I think that catches me up. I hope to "see" ya guys tonight. Have a great one!

Good morning, ladies. LONG LOST CHEETAH checking in, just to say CONGRATS to Carole and Shelly! WOO HOO! I went back over the weekend threads to find the details! AWESOME JOB, ladies! YOU ROCK!

Gayle

G'morning Cheetahs!! I ran 5.5 miles this morning, a bit chilly 24* weather but I had on my running tights & windcheck fleece so I felt pretty good! Core Syn is on tap for later, I love that workout! ;-)

Christine ~ Yep, I'm training for a tri. Sprint tri in June and possibly a half IM in July!! :eek: The half IM scares me a bit to thik of, but I think if I start doing some training now I'll be ready for it by then. I know I can handle the half marathon, BUT after a 1.2 mile swim AND 56 mile bike.... we'll see!! :eek: :eek:

Wendy ~ Sorry about poor Joey!! I'm glad that he's ok. So some DOMS from C & B, eh?? Glad that the negative tip helped you, that really helped me my first round! I'm looking forward to pullups on Friday! }(

Have a great day, everyone!

Good morning cheetahs

WOW!!! LV was a complete BLAST!!!! I had such a great time with my sisters and meeting up with Shelly again was just the icing on the cake! Friday and Sat we sure did a LOT of walking. I cannot believe how much I saw. The Circe De Soliel Show "Mystere" was fabulous! The strength of those performers blows you away, plus the funny skits they threw in had you in stitches. Then of course the run....well Karen and I headed out, not quite remembering how to get to Mandalay Bay, but we met this marathon runner Alberto and he walked with us and visited. The LV run was his 69th marathon!! He lived not far from where we grew up. Shelly and I were calling each other to hook up and finally I saw her huge smile! I ran up to her and we had a nice cheetah hug. Then introduced her to Karen and we were off to find the start. OMG!!! over 17,000 runners! I have never run with that many people in any of the marathons/half marathons I have done. They were playing Elvis music and then the fireworks started....how awesome!! Took us about 8 mins to get over the start line and then we were off. Karen and I ran with Shelly until she turned off for the marathon. Running with Shelly was just fun, like we had always run together...:)...we were at about a 9:35 (those 2 speed demons!) pace which I knew would end up killing me...so after Shelly went her way I told Karen to go as I wanted to slow down. My outer upper thigh/hip was sore for about the whole half. I stopped for a few seconds at about 9 miles and stretched it. I new about 10 miles I could hold the pace which was at that time 9:46. They had this great rock band about then and that really seemed to help. I concentrated on Chi running and trying to hold all the energy in my core and let my muscles relax...that was hard...but I found myself saying Chi, Chi, Cheetahs and thought about all of you. I knew I could run thru the pain as I thought about all of your past races and how you all inspire me...I finished about 90 secs behind Karen (she had gotten a nasty stitch and had to slow down). My Garmin had the course at 13.22 instead of 13.1, so that is why I though my pace was about 9:45 instead of what the results showed as 9:50. The time was 2:08:49 and as I thought I'd barely make a 10 min pace I was very Pleased!!! The finish line was a ZOO!!! How I found my 2 sisters I will never know as I wandered thru the crowds. Shelly called me when she hit 24 miles, she said she was feeling good and I knew from her time she would most likely PR! We met up later with Shelly & Jerry, and my sister Cathi led us to a few more sights. We walked even more which I really do think helped with the legs as mine were not nearly as sore the next day. The 5 of us went on the New York roller coaster...it was way COOL!!! Although Karen and I both got an instant headache that left in a few mins. It was just so nice to visit with Shelly again, my sisters said she was very sweet...DUH!...(I already knew that!!)...:)...I think Jerry was a real trooper putting up with us...:)..My sister Cathi was sick the whole time and now the trick is for me not to get it!! I got Sadie the cutest M&M sweater (The M&M store was great!!!) and my DH a Green Bay baseball hat with a fiber optic emblem that lights up, he loved it. The trip for us went very smooth with no delays...I am just happy to be home. I do have some pictures which I will try and post at some point. I will catch up with personals and be back...:)

Good morning cheetahs! It's great to be home again with my animal babies and sitting in front of my computer chatting with my cheetahpals!! I was feeling so good yesterday afternoon that I did
4DS BC... was going to go on and get in some upperbody work as well but after BC it all caught up with me and I collapsed in an easy chair for a while before climbing in the jacuzzi with DH... aaahhhh!
For today it will be some fun cardio in the morning, probably Amy's ASCII and later today I'll do some heavy upperbody work, not sure yet what workout.

Here are a couple of pics for your amusement.
http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL488/4961079/16333934/291508989.jpg
This is Carole, me and Karen after the race (they forgot to bring their medals!) at a restaurant in Excalibur.

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL488/4961079/16333934/291508984.jpg
This is me shortly after I crossed the finish line and I spotted DH in the crowd and was coming towards him.

I'll be back for personals

ShellyC

Shelly!! I knew you be posting at the same time!! Great pics...and once again http://www.deepbox.com/media/i/EHwdgnxiqqBoist.gif[/img] on your PR...:)

Personals!!!:7 :7 :7 :7

Carole!! We're on at the same time! Did you backtrack and read my initial race report Sunday? I do believe all that walking did really help with the soreness! I'm feeling just a little this morning in the quads but well enough to work out :7 I love your comment at feeling like we had run together all the time. I really did feel quite sympatico running with you two. Your sister Karen was wonderful at pacing. I had no idea you were struggling at all with the pace:eek: :eek: You sure did seem comfortable! Well, obviously i did slow down myself for the next 20 miles, but not as much as I was anticipating. What's the plan for today with you? How is Cathy feeling? Say hi to your sisters.... they're great!

Sunny- Well, I do have SOME DOMS! Just not anything very bad, which is amazing to me anyway. I think I'll make it a habit to go for a long walk after a marathon or long training run. Tracy's Glute camp sounds interesting.... I'll have to check it out!

Cathy- I absolutely detested doing the down dog when I first tried yoga! It actually is starting to feel good to me now so I guess I'm making progress. Have a great time with 4DS today.

Lorie- I'm sure you've posted this before but indulge me.... what or who is Linus? You're sounding very busy but well! Hope your day goes smoothly. Scrambled Eggs is a great fun workout!

Christine- Thanks for the ^5! Great EXT workout today! Yes, I do have some soreness, so I'm not really made of steel!

Kristi- Hope the sorethroat is history soon! Take care of yourself.... but you're a smart girl, I know you will!

Wendi- Yikes, you had a crappola of a day yesterday! So in addition to everything else you do at work you have to mend and replace fencing as well!!! :eek: Girl, they do NOT pay you enough!!

Gayle- THanks for the congrats!!!

Jess- Wow, a nice chilly run for you today. Cold weather running wear is expensive but definitely worth it! You are going to be so awesome in your upcoming triathlons! Are you doing another sprint or going for a longer distance this time. Eventually going for an ironman???:eek:

Judy- Hey snow cheetah! I am envious of you, but I may be getting some here next week. In the meantime sounds like you'll be getting lots of use out of your TM! Yes, the walking after the marathon really did help with recovery I think.

Thomasina! I'm so happy that you are still posting with us. I love hearing from you!! You sound so busy!! I'm in the midst now of planning out my races for next year. I'll check out the Flying pig.

Wendy- Scary episode for you yesterday with your little guy! Glad it turned out to be nothing serious!!! Hope his EEG turns out well and he can come off the seizure meds. It's a challenge though getting toddlers to cooperate for tests like those! Have fun with IMAX today!

Linda- Hiya! Thanks for your congrats on the race. Yes, I have known the pain of losing my way on a course and going extra miles.
That happened to me on the Man against Horse race and I ended up going for 27 miles when it was supposed to be 25 :eek: never did make it to Niketown. There is so much to see and do in Vegas.... it is quite bewildering!

Whew, I think that about catches me up! Time to head down to the basement and sweat a little.

ShellyC

Sunny...congrats on your half!!! Glad to hear your legs are feeling no DOMS today.

Cathy...thanks...I sure missed posting with you cheetahs. I might have to get a laptop! Good job on the yoga. Enjoy your 4DS workout and Squeeze.

Lorie...I wish you could have made LV. It was soooo fun doing that half. Way to go with scrambled eggs!

Judy...ahhh, I want snow!!! I feel pretty good, my legs are a bit sore and I won't be running a lot so if my outer thigh ITB problem can get healed up. I probably won't run til Thurs. Good job on the decorating, I might have to tackle that this weekend.

Christine...you are supposed to get snow?? OK, you must be out of town and I missed it!! Honestly, my 2 sisters and I had the absolute best time!! They want to do a trip like that once a year. Enjoy your workout.

Wendy...that was quite a scare with Joey! I am so glad he is alright...I hope the EEG goes well for Joey today.

Lori...Yes, Shelly did 26.2 and I did 13.1....:)

Kelly...http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/17.gif[/img]...I think 4 days of running for half training is fine. I would not do leg weight training on a running day if you can avoid that. You can work your upper body on run days and your lower on the other days. When is your half? How long have yo been running? I am not sure 2 speed sessions (speedwork and intervals) are necessary. I think one would be enough.

Jackie..thanks for the card...:)...I probably won't run until Thurs, my legs are a bit sore but not bad. I used my roller all weekend.

Gayle...thanks for the congrats!

Kristi...thanks for the card...:)..and that nice post yesterday. The half was tough but I knew you all would want me to push and I did!!

Shelly...yes, I did go back and read your posts! I actually was not struggling with that pace, I just knew I could not hold it all the way with the pain. I know slowing down helped me a lot. I will say Hi to my sisters for you. I will probably do some EXT and 4DS upper body work today.

Tomasina...thanks...:)..I am so glad you are posting with us...How about the LV Half next year!!!...:)

So, I need to catch up on laundry and clean the house. I am planning on 4DS sho, bi's and tris, abs and 40 min om my EXT.

Have a great day....:)

ETA...Shelly. did you see Wendy's post on the Open Forum..."WTG Catheite LV Marathoners!!!!!!"

Good morning ladies!

Susan - I like going to IHOP for breakfast but I don't do it often. It's much too tempting. I like Winsor Pilates. I have several of her workouts. Think I have one by Suzanne Deason. I haven't tried more except for Stotts and I didn't like her too much.

Jess - Good luck with this round of the X. Good run today!

Wendy - Great job on the workout yesterday. I'm treating HIS & LIS like a crossword puzzle. It's a good challenge for my brain. Glad you were able to control yourself with Tony. :) Glad DS is fine and recovered quickly from the fall. Know that was scary for you. Praying all goes well with DS test.

Christine - Glad you had a safe flight to Chi Town. Stay warm. Nice workout with the elliptical and stairs. No need for elevators, right?

Kristi - Yay for the Christmas bonus!! Think you're spending it wisely. I received your card too. I'm still not finished. For some reason I've come to a standstill. Trying to keep up with things going on with the new house is taking time but it's fun. I hope you're not coming down with a nasty ol' cold. Take care of yourself.

Sunny - The metabolic effect class looks really interesting. Know you are a great instructor too. Glad the legs are no longer sore. My hamstrings are starting to feel a lot better since I'm not running so much. They may finally heal.

Shelly - I'm glad you're not experiencing any soreness. You trained well for your marathon. I'm askeered of roller coasters. Been on it once and no more. That was enough. Glad you had fun. Thanks for sharing the pics. You gals look great!

Linda - I'll feel the same way about Cathe's last series of workouts. I haven't done one of them in so long. Did you enjoy your rest day?

Thomasina - When do you get a break from homework? Yes, I love HIS and LIS. I really like that they're only 30 minutes too. Enjoy your luncheon today.

Judy - 6" of snow? Are you building a snowman? Makes you not want to go outside I bet.

Cathy - Sounds a nice and relaxing yoga workout for you. Can you feel or see a difference since you added the EXT and Bosu? Enjoy your workout today. When is school out for Christmas?

Lorie - Busy does make the day go by faster but you relish the slow times. Hope you can get everyone taken care of.

Wendi - What a night for you! Glad everything was taken care of and you didn't have to stay out too long. I don't envy your weather right now.

Carole - I know you and Shelly and your sis had a blast - memories to treasure for years to come. How sweet you thought about the Cheetahs to help you get through your race. You had an awesome time. You and Shelly deserve a day of relaxation.

I did 4DS KB and Legs & Core and added another 10 minutes of pilates.

I must get back to work. Enjoy your day!

Jackie

Hiya Cheetahs!

Very quick hello as I have to get down and set up and decorate for our holiday luncheon today. I’ll try to post personals later this afternoon if time permits. If not, it will be tonight. I did LIC cardio premix this morning and intend on the upper body premix this evening in my **garage*! LOL. Yes, when I get the room completely finished, I’ll post a pic to a pic trail so I can post one for ya cheetahs to see what all my commotion has been about…

Quickly I’ll say Thanks for welcoming me back ya’ll, it really makes my day and keeps me motivated – I’ve lost 3 pounds in 1 week!!! Shelly – YES, please do look at the Flying Pig and Carole – YES, the LV half sounds like it could be doable for me.

Back for more personals later today – Have a good day everyone!!

Thomasina
:7

Hello again! Finished ASCII and feeling good!
For anyone who is interested. The official LV marathon photos are done. go to www.marathonfoto.com. Enter the Las Vegas Marathon 2007. My bib # is 2748. My Last name is Cardone.

Carole- What was your bib # and Karens????? I want to see your pics!
Also, what is Karen's last name?

Thomasina- You have GOT to experience the LV half (or full) If you can make it I'll be there with you and any other cheetah who wants to come. It is well worth the money and time!!!!

ShellyC

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.