Cheetahs 12/29 (saturday)

sunnydelite

Cathlete
Hello Cheetah friends,

can't believe i am up this early on a saturday morning. i actually couldn't sleep last night:)

oh well, this morning i am doing legs at the gym with a trainer/pal of mine.

jackie- i will definitely keep you posted re: the new X workouts.

christine- so happy to hear dd had a great bday!!

ttyl....:)

Good morning all! It's been a busy night but at least that makes it go faster. I do have tonight off , but only one night I'm afraid... pretty cruddy schedule this week:( Since I'm the one who does the scheduling I have no one to blame but myself.x( Usually I end up screwing myself to give everyone else what they want. Okay, enough whining already!!!

SunnyD- Hope you get in an awesome leg workout! The iTread20 is a great one... it has a little of everything in it... I did the 60 minute version.

Lori- Are you working also tonight?

Wendi- Hope your work day yesterday was nice and short for ya! You will LOVE HSTA!!

Wendy- I was able to download the iTrain fine to my computer so the foobar appears to be with my iPod. I'll try Christine's suggestion and redownload it. Great interval run yesterday!

Lorie- How are you liking the bosu so far?

Carole- Awesome pace yesterday!!! You are going to be a force to contend with on your upcoming relay race!!

Christine- Thanks for the suggestion about redownloading my workout... I'll try it! sounds like your DD15 :eek: had a great party!!

Jackie- So you have your house back now? must be nice! Hey, you are my kind of bowler, just getting one strike is a cause of major celebration for me.... unlike our resident bowling ace Wendi!

I think that about catches me up. when I get home it'll be straight to bed for a nap. after I wake up I'll go for a run around my neighborhood block, which in my wilderness neighborhood is 10+ miles.
I have to also catch up on shopping and chores so that's all i'll have time for:(

later

ShellyC

Morning Chicas.

Sunny: Have fun hittin' those legs hard!

Shelly: When you make the next work schedule you need to be nice to yourself for ONCE! You deserve it. You work so hard! I hope you get the ITread issue figured out.

I am trying to figure out what work out to do this morning. My original plan was Core Syn since I've been focusing on hitting my core HARD this week but I just don't know if I'm in the mood. I could always sub in an easier core work out if I want to. Then I thought of a fun Cathe Circuit work out using light weights and finally there's yoga since I STILL haven't fit it in this week! What's an indecisive Cheetah to do!?!? :-(

Good morning Cheetah babes!

I didn't have a chance to get back last night as the rest of my day got away from me. I was able to get to the gym with my friend yesterday afternoon after work. I started with a light 3.5 mile jog, she walked. Then we did 4DS shoulders, bis and tris together. I brought my cheat cards and bands with me (I'm such a dork :+) so we could do the whole thing together. It was so much fun and I was even able to increase my weight on the last set of seated tricep extensions by 10lbs (25lbs total)...woohoo! It's amazing what that little bit of added motivation (mostly from the sideways glances made by a bunch of the guys) can do!

Today might be a rest day because I did workout yesterday and Fridays are always rest days. I'm just not sure yet. If I finish early enough at work I might do some long step mish-mosh when I get home. I'll see how I feel.

Lorie - Nice "rest" day yesterday ;)! That would be a great workout on the bosu. Sorry to hear that hip is still tender! Go slow and let it heal, girl! Doing the *happy dance* for all that rain you're getting.

Carole - Great job on the run Thursday!!! I do hope all of the family stuff quiets down. That is added stress that no one needs. Nice leg mish mosh yesterday!

Christine - It sounds like everyone had a great time yesterday and the "herd" (I love that!) behaved itself. Thanks, but hay for us is a pretty easy chore as we only get it 100 bales at a time and usually finish in about 20 min. I *LOVE* your resolution! Do you mind if I borrow it? I *was* V. Bertinelli...every year I resolved to lose weight and was never successful. Two years ago I was able to do what she is able to do for the first time this year...*NOT* make that resolution to lose weight. I actually cried for/with her when I saw that commercial because I could completely relate to where she was. Even though I would still love to be just a bit leaner, and am still striving to hit that goal, I'd rather have a resolution with a more *positive* flavor, if that makes any sense?

Wendy - WTG on your run yesterday! Oh my, I'm very worried about you, dear. All those dvds to pick from...I'm afraid your head is going to explode with all those choices :p :7 :+!

Sunny - Snuggle time definitely takes precedence over workout time! That would be why I never made it back here last night ;). Family Man is on my "need to watch" list now. I LOVE a good cry, so does SO. Have fun at the gym today!

Jackie - Woohoo, WTG bowling! Eh, trophies are overrated...as long as you had fun! I love picking out stuff for the kitchen, probably because it's my favorite room in the house :p. I'm sorry your mom is under the weather...I hope she's feeling better soon. It sounds like you're happy to have your house back. Great job on LIS and 4DSBC!

Shelly - Oh, sorry to hear you have a nasty schedule this week. Next time put yourself first for a change, huh? That was too sweet but I can't take too much credit for any bowling prowess...it's in my genes lol. It's settled, if we ever have a GTG bowling must be on the itinerary...J/K!!! Enjoy your run around the "block" :eek:...you're my hero!

I think that catches me up for now. Have a great day everyone!

Hey Cheetahs!

It has been busy here in Cheetahville and I have been absent... That lovely BOSU is making a difference. Even though the ab exercises are hard and I can't finish them, I have great ab DOMS. :eek: :eek: :eek:
Yesterday I had a much better run with Grace outside # 6 outdoors.

Ok a few personals:

Carole- A 9:24 pace for four miles is great. How did your hip feel?

Christine- Your DD had such a sweet Birthday! She is close in age to DS 14 1/2. I would not have left them home unattended either! Someday we have to get CA wine country. We are thinking we will stay home on New years with a nice cab and a fire. Plus If kids are here, I want to be here. We seem to have the party house. I had to tell DS20 no more 'college guy nights' here; DH and I are losing too much sleep!

Jackie- Are you leaning towards light or dark granite? What did you choose for cabinets?

Wendi- I love kitchens too!

Lorie- I looked at that CIA2604 workout. I'll be waiting for your review. I think my next fitness purchase should be the one year pack from iTrain.

Wendy- Nice job on you interval run yesterday! Which one was it again?

HI Sunny and Lori!

Shelly- Did you get you iTread issue fixed? How was your 10+ mile run around the block? How many nights are you on now after your one night off? Doing the schedule must be stressful with all the requests that come in. But be kind to yourself!

Today will be a 4 mile easy paced run.

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Good Morning Cheetahs!

I’m up to take my Dad to the airport. I will miss him! I wish he lived closer. But I will see him again in January. As I said yesterday, we had a very pleasant day with DD15 (the old lady!). Today is either a hike or some other cardio. I cannot think enough ahead to figure out what. :+

Wendy – great job on the intervals yesterday! The “herd was actually well behaved. DD15 has good friends. Have fun doing whatever you decide! I love reading about your trials picking out a workout – I have the same trials!

Sunny – snuggling with DH ALWAYS takes precedence over a workout! Glad it was only 3 hours that you had to work. Enjoy your legs day! Thanks re: DD

Lorie – did you enjoy your thunderstorms yesterday? We don’t get good rousing thunderstorms in California – I miss them.

Jackie – Hope your mom feels better! I know what you mean about things getting back to normal. The next major event in my house hold will be the SuperBowl – IF the Pats make it there. We’ll see. I’m looking forward to normal!

Shelly – Oh, that is a pretty cruddy schedule! They should treat you well because you are so sweet to everyone at holiday time! Hmm, you schedule? Then you should treat yourself well, girlfriend! You are just too sweet. Hope the re-downloading works! Yes, DD15 was very happy. Enjoy your run! I have ShopMax on the agenda, too.

Wendi – Oh, 4DS SB&T with your friend sounds like fun! Good job on the 10 pound seated tricep extensions! Absolutely “borrow” my resolution! You made me tear up myself when I read your story about being like Valerie. I’d have cried, too – it’s a very powerful commercial – and I’m very happy for both you and Valerie!

Judy – Your household sounds like ours. Our collage girl has a curfew of 2AM because that’s our limit. It’s so hard once they get a taste of freedom, but still come back to the nest to roost every now and again. DD18 was pretty good about it. Your New Year’s sounds wonderful!

I scored some great deals at Ann Taylor Loft yesterday amongst all the activities! There are great sales going on! I got a really nice jacket (suit-type) that was originally $129, but I paid $39.00 AND used a $25 off ticket so it ever less. I was so thrilled! Well, must go run dad to the airport!

Good morning cheetahs

Sunny...so you got up bright and early today! I am found of quiet time myself. Enjoy your leg workout at the gym.

Shelly...silly girl, you should not schedule yourself to work so hard!! Thanks re my run...I hope you enjoy a nice 10 miler later.

Wendy...way to go with iTread 21!! I would think that P90X + would have a few evil exercises...:)...I think a circuit sounds fun.

Wendi...way to go with 25lbs on the tri ext!! Thanks re my run. Luckily the whole family won't get together again til Easter...

Judy...thanks, my hip was not bad during the run, I stretched the area and then iced when I got home. Glad your abs are enjoying the Bosu! Have a nice 4 mile run today.

Christine...I thought it bizarre that they used that NFL channel for some games this year...WTH? They always used networks or ESPN before...funny though as my DH actually found the NFL channel so he could watch the 1st one...:)..I do prefer to stay at home to watch most games. Thanks re my run...Sounds like your DD15 had a great party. That is sweet her friends came over to cook and decorate...not sure I would leave them completely alone...:)...I bet you will miss your Dad. It does sound like you had a great time with him, it must be tough when they live far away...:(..but at least you will see him again in Jan. Way to go at Ann Taylor's loft, great deal.

Jackie...sorry your Mom has not been feeling well. I bet it is quiet when all the family has left. I have not bowled in forever, good job with the strike!

I am planning on an LIC upper body circuit later today.

Have a great day...:)

Good morning Cheetahs!

Christine - Glad the party went over well. Does sound like everyone had fun. Know you will miss your dad but it gives you something to look forward to. Nice buys yesterday.

Sunny - Sorry you couldn't sleep. Enjoy your workout.

Shelly - You're a good person! Enjoy your night off. All the family has returned home safely. Got my cleaning done. Today I have a funeral for a cousin to attend and then I plan on relaxing with remote in my hand. Have a good run.

Wendy - What workout did you decide to do?

Wendi - Glad you enjoyed your workout with your friend. I had my dd working out with me this week. It was nice. She likes to use my elliptical when she home visiting. I did have fun bowling but think I could use some gutter guards. :7

Judy - Yay for the DOMS! Enjoy your run. The cabinets will be cherry. I like that nice warm look. I'm leaning toward a lighter granite probably in the gold family. I want one cabinet with glass.

Carole - I had to go through the why you don't eat meat saga Christmas. My SIL finally said why can't it be because it's her choice. I was surprised. After that, nothing else was said. Mom said she was feeling better. She still won't be able to make the funeral today though. Enjoy your workout.

Today's workout was iTread #23 40 minutes. I got in 4.3 miles in 41 minutes. I did 15 minutes on the elliptical, 6 Minute Abs and some stretching.

Gotta run. Enjoy your day ladies!

Jackie

Just a quick post to let you all know..it is snowing!!! Not sure how long it will last but it is beautiful and I am going to just sit and watch it!!

Carole- How is the snow? Did it make a pretty coating?

Jackie- We love our cherry cabinets. Our granite is that bumble & bumble black speckled. Most people either love it or hate it. I hope your Mom is on the mend!

Christine- Ann Taylor loft is one of my favorite stores! Last year at this time I did well there. This year I haven't made it back to the mall.

Cheetahs- Have any of you been bitten by a dog while running? I got bit today on my run, and I was about as scared as I have ever been. This person had two dogs out on our neighborhood golf course, and I was on the main road parallel to it. The dog saw me and took off and charged me and bit me before the owner could get control. I was so afraid that I really yelled at her for not controlling her dog. Then I turned around and went the other way. She did come to find me in her car and gave me her phone number. It turns out it was her boyfriend's dogs and DH knows him. They offered to put him down, but we said no way. We just asked them to make sure that he was up to date on his shots. I have a swollen bruise and a small break in skin. I am grateful for my running pants, because I think that saved me from having a more serious wound. I need to get either mace or pepper spray. Does anyone know where to get such things?

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Hey Cheetah Babes! A late checker inner here!:) Better late then never, right?

I am working my weekend night shifts, its amazing how fast they come around. Another one of my coworkers put in her notice this weekend:-( I lOVED working with her! Im soooo sad she is leaving but I can totally see where she is comming from. Thats 3 girls in the last couple of monthes. One he let go and the other 2 left. Now that just leaves me and 3 part timers who only want to work part time! Not sure how he is gonna manage but Im sure he will figure something out. Prehaps no one would have left if he gave them the raise they asked for a few monthes back!

Todays workout was a goody! I did a circuit workout using my TM.My TM seems to be fine during circuit work. I usually run .5-1 mile at a time, get off, do something else and then get back on again. I think that break gives the motor a little time to cool off. Its soon going to be time to buy a new one, Im just hoping it will last until the spring when I can run outside again! Sooo my workout was ME and a 7 mile run, (getting off the TM every 1 mile)

Judy** My goodness! Thats awful! Ive never been bit by a dog but I have had a dog attack my dog and a lady did run over my foot one time! I don't have any advice for ya but I hope you are o.k! The time the dog attacked my dog I felt bad after b/c I knew that I had put my hand up to hit the dog, till the owner got him off. No one was hurt but I tell ya, I probably would have given him a swift kick in the ribs if he started hurting my dog! Im not that kind of girl but Im gonna protect my own!

Wendy** What did your workout consist of? You really didn't know what you wanted to do did ya?

Jackie** Thanks for the Tee again! Prehaps I should take a pic and model it for ya! hehe

Christine** I notice that you are doing the 12 weeks challenge as well? When are you starting? Jan 1 or 2nd? I will probably start on the 2nd but start checking in when everyone else does. Also, are you following ww's online or on your own?

Carole** Hope you had a good workout! I don't enjoy watching the snow fall anymore;-)

Shelly** Yep, I was working to! Sucks to be us! LOL

Hope I didn't miss anyone, but willing to bet that I did!

Have a good night!

Lori:)

Carole – I don’t know why they used the NFL network – they should at least use standard cable or local channels. Oh well. We can order it, but DH would rather go out – he’s too social. Dad is 1.5 hours from home right now and the roads are dry and dad is wide awake. So, that’s good. Sounds like a fun workout you have planned! You get snow? Wow! Enjoy it!! I LOVE to sit and watch it snow! The silence of the snow is so incredible! How much did you get?

Jackie - Great run this morning! Nice of your SIL to stick up for you! Glad the family returned safely! Enjoy your peace!

Judy – Oh man!! How terrifying!! I was bitten on the ankle by a German Shepherd while riding my bike, but never running. I think putting the dog down is extreme and I’m glad you said not to, but I would hope they will not let the dog off leash any more. Obviously they do not have control of him. I’ve had dog chase me, and I’ve stopped (dogs love the chase), turned towards the dog and said, “NO! GO HOME!!!” And that usually works. But I have a loud voice. I think if you go to Cabelo’s or a store like that, you can get Pepper Spray (Bear Spray) or something like that. If it works with a bear, it should work with a dog. And on a side note: I love Ann Taylor Loft – I love their jeans. I just gave away 3 of my Buy $50 and get $25 off because I was not going to use them – I can only buy so much!

Lori – I’m sorry your coworker is leaving! I hate when that happens! Sounds like a great circuit workout using your treadmill! Wow! Yes, I am doing the 12 week challenge. I’m going to officially start on the 2nd (I make a rib roast on New Years), but I’m trying to cut back now. I’ll be going to weight watcher’s meetings and keeping track of everything on line. I need all the help I can get! I’m such a weakling when it comes to food!

I ended up doing a trail run with DH and DWM (aka Dear WonderMutt – aka Jimmy). We had a good time and it felt sooo good to get outside again and running. We went 5 miles and I hiked the uphills to save my achilles. It was fun. Then I went to the mall (what a nightmare!) because DD15’s phone charger died. After that I got my nails done, then came home to take down the tree and put away all of the decorations. It’s nice to have the house back to normal. It’s also nice to have a really tired dog. :p Have a great night ladies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.