Cheetahs 11/21 Wednesday

sunnydelite

Cathlete
Good morning,

just getting us started and report my workout of the day, 4DSKB W/ legs and core.

yesterday i did 4DS CS&T plus a 30 min iclimb.

cathy- i really like all of the iclimbs..just love keith's voice, lol.

have a great day and happy cooking, lol!!

Good morning, Sunny, and everyone to follow! :7 :7 :7

:: Sunny :: OK, thanks – I’ll just dive in and pick one.

:: Shelly :: Today is even better…we have conferences in the early morning and since we worked late on Monday, we can take an early out today…So I should be out before noon…sweet!…I am going back to a variation of the Aug. 04 rotation using the new w/outs. I’ll be doing cardio 6x (30 min. or more), yoga/stretch 1x, abs 3x, legs 2x along with a little bit of freestyle, and u/b 1x (split). I’ve decided against doing round two of the X as I don’t think it’ll be the best option for me for fat loss…Very cool that you can download the course info to your Garmin!

:: Lorie :: that’s cool that you’re off today…love all the smileys…how was the Expo? Score any goodies?

:: Lori :: -6?! Schnikies! That’s way too cold. Congrats on the 118!!!…I am in between rotations this week.

:: Judy :: I chose SleepMax last night. My chiro adjustment knocked me out. I nodded off around 7 pm and slept through…love the name Waldo. Glad he’s getting acclimated to the clan.

:: Kristi :: I didn’t see it, but can you believe Jenny went home??? That is so WRONG!…So, did you decide not to go through with BFL?

:: Christine :: I’m very lucky in the Dad dept. He can come off grouchy, but he’s a sweetheart. :) *lol* I can just visualize you ending your yoga session with Jimmy staring intently at you…sounds like you had a content and lovely day yesterday.

:: Jackie :: the toughest buy for me will probably be a gift for the “Yankee Swap” we do with my extended fam. You have to buy something for $30 that will have unisex appeal.

:: Carole :: ((((HUGS))) Hope you’re in better spirits…Would the hammer help?…Thx for the tanning info…Do you use a self-tanner on your face?

:: Wendi :: OMG, what time is dinner????…I’m sorry ~ I must have missed your post about SO ~ TG it was caught and he’s OK…I’m not off today, but I will have a short day.

:: Susan :: WTG resisting those donuts!…*lol* about having the Bickersons drop and do 10.

:: Wendy :: DOH! Sorry about the iPod snafus…I need to take some things off of mine, too. That’ll be a good tech project for the 4-day weekend…Poor DH – that man’s literally working around the clock these days…I did get a great night’s rest ~ went to bed at 7 pm!!

:: Linda :: good to see you…I started going to the chiro after a minor fender bender this summer left me with some back and neck pain…I also had some residual pain from an accident years ago. It’s been doing wonders for me. Sometimes – not always – I leave the chiro feeling extremely sleepy, for some reason. I don’t know why that is, but I couldn’t resist the urge to snooze yesterday…Am reading all the comments about Amy with interest. I only have her Abs & Stretch and 10 Min. Solutions workouts.

Today will be a run (weather permitting) and weight work TBD.

For anyone who may be traveling and leaving town early,
http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_thnkstxt.gif

I'm glad and grateful to be a part of a group that's so positive, inspiring, and supportive. Ladies, you know
http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/happycelebrations/th_urocksmileys.gif
...thank you for who you are and all you do!!

Have a great day...BBL!

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]
[font face="comic sans ms"]http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/th_sunshine.gif

Good Morning Lovely Ladies:)

We are having snow here today:-( I actually thought I might take DS out and about today and get some stocking stuffers for DD and have that done. That or buy a couple of more christmas gifts....but now that it is snowing, I don't think I want to go out bad enough and have to clean off the car! Ugh....which means Ill be sitting around here all morning waiting to workout and getting lazier by the sec. Now that I think about it....maybe I will go out!

I caught up on personnals last night so no need to do that again;)

Sunny** Enjoy your workout today. I did that one yesterday. I really liked it b/c when I felt like my legs were gonna fall off...she stopped whatever it was:)

Cathy** Still 118 today so it must be sticking:) Im usually 119-122, I bounce around a bit so now you can understand why I was so upset to see 124:) but it didn't last long!

O.k...wishing everyone a good day! I have to work tonight so I will definitly check in then. Im going to get my christmas cards ready tonight!

Lori:)

Good morning lovely ladies!

Well, my plan for this morning was Imax 3 but I woke up with a bit of a sore throat and some general "yuckiness" so I'm going to bag that idea for now. I have a very large riding list today and I think this is the same bug I've been fighting off for a few days so I don't want to let it take hold. *If* I feel better tonight I *might* do something a bit easier in the cardio department. I'll have to play that by ear.

Susan - You are definitely a stronger woman than I...mmmm, doughnuts! Although, every time I eat one I'm in heaven for about 10 minutes and then I feel like $#!t from the sugar crash. You'd think I'd learn x(. I *LOVE* your training regime for the Bickersons!

Wendy - Ugh, I'm glad you were finally able to show your Ipod who's boss! So sorry to hear that your DH is working some ungodly hours right now. I hope that passes soon! As short as possible...most of my family is scattered along the east coast. My father is currently living in FL...haven't seen or spoken to him in 2 years. My mother and her mother are in MA and were going to come to my house but my grandmother was uncomfortable traveling due to some medical issues she's having. We all figured it was pointless for me to go there because I have to work a full day today and Friday. My SO's side...both of his parents are dead and most of his family is scattered around upstate and not the most stable bunch. He has a son, who is currently living him, (yes, my SO is *much* older than I lol) but he'll be spending T-day with his fiancee and her nutso family. So, we end up with a lovely, quiet day all to ourselves. I'm certainly not complaining :7.

Christine - I love days like that! I'm the kind of person that enjoys the little pleasures in life. You have an open invite as long as you bring some delish Indian with you :9. Okay, that that kind of came out wrong :p lol!

Linda - It's good to see you! So glad to hear you're enjoying your step workouts...it's good to change things up. The weird thing is the initial break didn't really "hurt", I guess because I didn't do any damage to the nerve. I was far more pi$$ed at the fact that, up until that point, I had perfect teeth and didn't really have the money for a cap. I'm so glad things turned out the way they did.

Lori - See, we told you you'd love 4DS! I was like you when I first got them...I wanted to do them all at once because the fun factor was definitely there for me. Enjoy your snowy day...doing Christmas cards while the snow is falling outside seems like a lovely way to spend the day.

Cathy - Getting some good sleep last night sounded like the right idea...your body obviously needed it. I hope your back isn't giving you trouble again...or was this just a maintenance visit? I'm so sorry you had to work today but am glad to see you'll be getting out early. By all means, come on over! Sorry there won't be any turkey in this house. Yeah, can you believe he was diagnosed in Oct '05 and they wanted to wait and see, saying he could delay surgery for a "year or two"...WTH!!! His surgery ended up being in Feb '06.

Sunny - WTG on the great workouts!

Well, now that I have all this time on my hands this morning I guess I'll do a little housework before I head into work. BBL chickies!

Good morning cheetahs

Sunny...I will be joining you in your 4DS leg workout!

Cathy..sorry about the chiro appt knocking you out yesterday. I think ANY of the iClimbs are great for your EXT!!! Thanks for the hugs...yes, the hammer would have helped!! No, I don't use any kind of self tanner on my face. After I first got married and used the BC pill, I got a pregnancy mask on my face from the pills. So tanning my face made it a lot worse, like I was always peeling. I then ditched the BC pills and never tanned my face again. Enjoy your run today. I do agree about this group...they are AWESOME...:)

Lorie...I usually don't get that down after a fight, but it did feel good to do nothing on Monday...I agree it did feel therapeutic. Like your nickname for Vick, and I agree 100% with you..

Lori...so you are liking the new workouts so far? I know what you mean about fighting with DH and then going out somewhere...not fun at all!! Enjoy the snow and X-mas shopping.

Wendi...I cook for DH and I only too. My family still thinks our vegetarianism is a phase for the last 3.5 years, and the comments are way tiring...We do get together with my family for dessert, which of course I hate!! Thanks for the hugs...I am so glad to hear your SO did not wait!! I believe 2nd opinions are always important! Good job with KPC yesterday. Sorry about the yukky feeling today...hope it goes away ASAP!

Jackie..thanks, yesterday was much better. I will be curious to know how you like Chi running after having some time to read a bit...:)

Christine...so Jimmy wanted some food while you did yoga?...Cute...:)...Glad you like APX and when are you getting Slo- mo??...:)..thanks for the hugs...Sounds like you and DH had a great lunch yesterday.

Linda...thanks and we are getting along better right now. I had such a disappointed workout with one of Tracey's that I have not ordered again from her...:(

Susan...yuk...hate donuts!! I think your girls might be way fun as compared to my DH when he finds those a$$hole pills I hide!! How are the bickersons today?? Way to go on getting APX and Slo-mo! The most fun to me is doing exercises I have never seen before...:)...Great workouts you have been doing.

Wendy...Thanks, things are better with us. Sorry about the iPod mess. DH is working some long hours...I bet he will be tired by the time he gets some time off.

Well...insomnia woke me up at 3 AM!! Geeze...got up with DH (he always gets up that early) and watched a shark show on Sci Fi...I was going to attempt Imax 2 today but without enough sleep I am thinking something non-impact! So 4DS legs, and core and 30-40 min on my EXT..

Have a great day...:)

Good Morning Cheetah-Babes!:)

No time for personals right now. I have to get ready for work in about 2 minutes but just wanted to say hi!

I am going to try to hit the gym this afternoon for a run since DH should be home so that means I can go during DS' nap time! If it doesn't work out for some reason I had already planned to do cardio at home so it's no big deal.

BBL!:)

Greetings Friends :)

I'll jump right in with personals~

Carole- I am sorry you couldn't sleep, and that DH and you had a disagreement. Hopefully the situation is better now? I think holidays can be stressful on relationships. You are wise to stick with a low impact cardio on too little sleep.

Cathy- How do you feel after the adjustment and a good sleep?

Wendi- your quiet day with SO sounds lovely after the hectic schedule you have had.

Wendy- Will DH be able to catch up on some rest while Joey naps? I feel for him. DE is still catching up on sleep form his weekend of call. He got pulled over while going 80mph on the way to the hospital, at 2am, to save a patient. (He was let go) The weekend was quite draining on his energy. He is looking forward to when he doesn't have to take call anymore.

Lorie- your Thanksgiving day sounds relaxing. Going to a game after dinner is better than a nap at least!

Susan- DE brought us donuts on Sunday morning on his way home from work. I was unable to abstain :eek:

Shelly- Thank you for your interest in my race. I hope I do not disappoint the Cheetah bunch!

Christine- That is funny with Jimmy waiting to be fed as you finished yoga. My kitties have been known to sit right on DD & I during yoga.

Right now, I have some butternut squash and onions and garlic roasting in the oven. They will become a curried butternut squash soup for tomorrow to be served during the appetizers. DD and I are on a mission to have our veggies more than anything else tomorrow.

Oh, workout today is back & Biceps from Gym Style. I only did GS shoulders yesterday before tennis.

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Two more comments:

Carole- have you ever baked Sietan with brown gravy? I would like to try it for dinner today or tomorrow. We are having The Turkey Dinner both days with different sides of the family. I have a vegan brown gravy mix by Hain that I use.

The update on Waldo the stray kitty is this: He spent the entire day under DS's bed! He finally left around 10:00 last night. I'm starting to think when we are not home, he he IS. He was comfortable with DS petting his head. We checked on him often and so did our other kitties.

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Good Morning Cheetah babes!

I got to sleep in a bit this morning as I don’t need to go into the office today. I’m working from home this morning, then we have Bocce ball at 12:30! Should be fun. I’ll do my Spinervals Have Mercy today – hopefully all 2 hours of it.

Sunny – Sounds like a good workout – I like that one! Happy cooking to you, too.

Cathy – only a few more days and you can use your elliptical! Isn’t it great of have a great dad?! I have one, too. I feel very blessed. Mr. Mechanical. I swear when I was in college I could describe the sound my car was making and he knew exactly what was wrong with it and was never wrong! Amazing. He’s a sweetie, too. He’s coming out for Christmas – I can’t wait to see him again. Enjoy your early release and your run!

Lori – Oh snow, joy. The fun of cleaning the car, the fun of sliding all over the road. I really miss the first real snow fall of the year, but the rest – you can keep. :p (It doesn’t snow here except once every 50 or so years). Just bundle up and enjoy your shopping!

Wendi – Sorry you’re not feeling well today! I think you’re smart to skip the workout. I’m chuckling over bringing some delish Indian with me. DH is cute, but I don’t know about delish – I could bring him… :+ Sounds like you have a typical family – there are a few nuts in my family tree, too. Glad you have a nice lovely day.

Carole – I asked for Slo Mo from my secret Santa, so I have to wait until December 15th to find out if I need to order it. LOL. I do want it. I really like the way she does her workouts. I haven’t felt DOMS like that in a long time. Hope DH has climbed out of the A$$hole zone. I just hate it when my DH gets like that.

Wendy – It will be nice having DH home, won’t it? Glad you get in your run! Have a great day, Wendy! Hope things are going a little smoother for you.

Judy – Jimmy tries sitting on me during yoga, too. His favorite is laying right underneath me when I do a downward dog, then getting surprised when I bring a leg forward for a pose. Your soup sounds heavenly! I think you have a really good mission! Sounds like Waldo is becoming a family member! I hope so!

Lorie and Judy and anyone else running tomorrow – Happy Turkey Trot!
http://www.kidsdomain.com/holiday/thanks/clip/nturkey2.gif

And for everyone:

http://jsmagic.net/turkeyturkeys/img51.gif
http://jsmagic.net/turkeyturkeys/img10.gif

Good morning Cheetahs!

It is pouring rain here. Makes me wish I were at home curled up on the couch with something nice and warm to drink.

Christine - I have to be careful with the high impact workouts too. My knees don't care too much for them. Glad you enjoyed lunch with DH.

Wendi - Your Thanksgiving dinner sounds yummy to me. Hope you're not coming down with something.

Susan - What do the girls think about the push ups? Too funny.:7

Wendy - Glad you got the workouts on your iPod fixed. What a hassle. Yes, a new one sounds like the answer. Love my 30G of space. I think it took my legs over a week to recover from the 1st Half. They're still sore today but I'm not pushing too hard either.

Linda - Love the Slo Mo workouts. Glad you're enjoying your step workouts.

Lori - Yay for the workouts! I think the ones I've done are fun. Be careful in the snow. Bet it's pretty to look at.

Sunny - Nice workout today! BTW, how is MIL since she moved?

Cathy - Sounds like your chiro appt. really did a relaxing job on you. Hope you get out of school early and have a good workout today. Schools here are out until Monday.

Carole - Glad things are much better. Sorry for the insomnia. That seems to be going around a lot. Enjoy your workout.

Judy - Would you post the recipe for the vegan brown gravy? It sounds good.

Today's workout was 4DS KB and 4DS BC Triceps and Biceps. I'm really loving these workouts because they aren't super long and I can add something if I want.

Gotta get to work! Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Jackie

i am coming in late and am way to excited/anxious to attempt personals.

went to the expo yesterday. every year i have gone, i have stayed at least two to three hours. this year it was at a different hotel and it stunk! it was so small. everyone kept asking, is this it? oh well.

when i went to get my packet and chip, i noticed my race number was cut kind of in half (i think it was from a box cutter). my race number (2875) and chip number were the same. anyway, i had to get a new race number (6875) and chip. now, of course, i am convinced that i am jinxed because i didn't have the race number i was supposed to have. also, how are they going to know that's my race number now in order to post my results?!?! i am driving myself crazy, i know (not to mention driving DF crazy!).

then, the forecast all week has been for rain LATE IN THE DAY. yah, now they're saying the rain will start this evening and continue into tomorrow morning. the only good thing is that it's going to be in the mid 50's. i did this race one time and it was 34 and raining!

i refuse to let any of this bother me (right...). i just want to enjoy my race and possibly break my 2:05 from the last time.

i would love to do some kind of workout today BUT I'M NOT!!! i may do stretchmax.

oh, thanks to some of you enablers...i ordered classical stretch. my credit card is hurting.

okay, sorry so self-absorbed. i'll be back later and try to be less so.

Hiya ladies!

You know I could get very used to this schedule. I ended up with a very short day because our ring is like sludge from all of the rain/snow we've gotten here over the past few days so there was going to be no riding today....YIPPEE! So what did I do, I came home and went for a 7 mile run. So much for bagging the workout because I was feeling yucky this morning lol :+. I actually feel great right now and was able to take my new sneaks out for the first time...they were so comfy!!!

I did find out some bad news today. It turns out I'm going to have to work Thursday morning x(. It's only about 2 hours worth of barn chores but I wish I had known sooner.

Carole - So sorry to hear about your insomnia. I hope you can must up enough energy for your workout. I agree that comments from family regarding eating habits can get *very* old...like you're always having to defend yourself for doing something good for your health. I hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving!

Judy - I always wondered if those in the medical profession could get out of tickets easier :+. It didn't work for me the day I was rushing to the barn because the most $$$ horse in the barn was colicking *rolls eyes*. I hope DE gets some rest soon. Your soup sounds delish. I almost made a pot of my version of curried butternut squash soup yesterday but I can't get my SO to make friends with any kind of winter squash, yet. BTW, you're going to rock that trot!!!! You could never disappoint your fellow Cheetahs!

Christine - Glad to hear of your easy work day! Go enjoy that workout and Bocce ball!

Jackie - Great workout! I agree with you about the new series! I love all the little mish moshes you can do with them.

Lorie - Maybe you *now* have the number you were *supposed* to have. Try not to second guess things like that. You're going to rock that HM! I will try to do an anti-rain dance for you...hopefully it will hold off. I'm sorry the expo wasn't what you had hoped for.

Waves hi to Wendy!

TTFN!

Jackie – Pouring rain does that to me as well, but you forgot to put the lovely scenario in front of a nice fire. It’s just cold here today. I love the 4DS because of that as well.

Lorie – See, I think you’re getting all of the bad luck out of the way before the race, so this will be your best one yet! I did part of the Classical stretch that I recorded. It’s good. I like the way she does things. I’ll do an anti-rain dance too! (love that Wendi!)

Wendi – Glad you had a short day! Way to go on the 7 mile run! Glad you’re feeling better!

I did 90 minutes of Spinervals Have Mercy. My butt was killing me as I have not sat on a bike that long in a long while. Figured it was a good pre-bocce workout! :p DH was supposed to do CC PP today. I gave him my iPod and told him how to use it. I hope he actually does it as I know he’ll love it. I told him the story behind it, too. He’s discovered spinning again, and just loves it. We’ll see. I need to shower soon – how bad is this – I knew I would be slow today, so I set up my computer by my bike and rode and checked email (my voicemails get listed as email, too - so I'm covered) during the rest breaks. :p I’m awful. But no one needed me!

Hey Girlies!:)

I made it to the gym for Itread 20/60 mins this afternoon and managed a 5.35 mile kick-arse run with it! There were a couple of BIG hills in this one that were TOUGH as well as sprints and fast flast endurance runs. It's a goodie for sure!}(

Sunny: Enjoying the new series I see? Your half is coming up fast now! You don't seem too pumped about it but I'm excited for you! I am hoping you will enjoy the experience after all. :)

Cathy: I can't believe I've managed to fill up my ipod with mostly ITreads and just a few IClimbs! Then I have a ton of other Itrains that won't fit!!! Someone please send me to ITrain anonymous. I'm addicted and need help!:p So how was your day? Did you enjoy your 1/2 day off? What did you do?

Lori: So what was the verdict on the shopping? Did you brave the weather?

Wendi: Sorry you are feeling a bit on the icky side. The yucks are really goin' around this year. I hope they don't take hold. Glad you and your SO will be appreciating the quiet holiday together. I am one for the big get-togethers at holiday time but I can see the lure of the quiet day at home as well.

Carole: Sorry about the insomnia. DH came home from work around 1pm and barely took a nap. I think he must be over-tired. Everyone will sleep good tonight!:)

Judy: DH tried to nap when Joey napped today but didn't have much luck. I think he was over-tired. Oh well, atleast he has tmrw off.

Christine: So how was bocce ball today?

Jackie: ITA on the new series of work outs. Short and sweet but very effective at the same time! Rainy winter weather makes me want to curl up and stay warm too.

Lorie: Sorry the expo was a bummer. GOOD LUCK tomorrow! I can't wait to hear your race report!!!

K, time to do something about dinner...I'M HUNGRY!:9

Later babes!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.