Cheetahs 1/8 Tuesday

sunnydelite

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

just getting us started!

today's workout will be cardio just not sure what i am going to do yet. i will report back later.

have an awesome day to all the cheetah babes:7

Good morning Cheetahs!

Just a quick check in to say I'm walking out the door to get that run in. I hope I have time to say hi when I'm done. Be back later. Have a great day Sunny and all who follow!

Good morning, cheetahs! http://www.therpgsite.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif http://www.therpgsite.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif http://www.therpgsite.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

I caught up w/ most personals last night, so this’ll be a short one.

Wendi :: enjoy your SS run today! Too bad you can’t get outside for it. These temps are unbelievable, aren’t they?

Wendy :: I think the X+ will fit in well with what I’m doing now, so I will probably just make some tweaks to the current rotation and slip them in. Were you thinking of finishing another full round of the regular X before moving onto these?

Sunny :: enjoy whatever cardio you decide to do.

Lorie :: glad you joined! :)

I had GS BSB on the rotation for this morning, but I decided to try to make it more BFL-like for this first week. I did B, S, and B – two exercises for each part, five sets, pyramid-style. Fasted, with no breakfast for another hour. Technically, BFL advises to do *all* u/b twice a week, but I didn't have time for that. Not sure if I will work C&T later tonight or save them for Thursday.

Have a GREAT day, ladies! BBL…

PS...If you haven't already, PM me your b'day if you want to be part of the updated b'day list. (If you sent it last year, no need to re-send.) :)

wendi- enjoy your run today!

cathy- sounds like a good rotation you put together. so are you planning on another X rotation also?

good morning to sunny, wendi, and cathy! wendi-i hopeyou had a good run!

cathy-do you think we should just have a birthday list or a whole contact list? that way, we wouldn't need you to make a card/gift exchange list every year, we could just pick names. just a thought. i can also create a yahoo group that only cheetah members can access. we can post information, photos, and we can send group emails. just a thought...

i am trying to figure out what i want to do this morning. i am still thinking bosu blast. i REALLY want to run but i think the lower impact of the bosu is better. also, if my hip hurts after that, then i know it's not time to run yet. i shoud start using my EXT (i know you all think i'm crazy for having one and not using it) but i just can't stand the iClimb guy (heath? keith?). maybe i'll give in one of these days. i think a lot of people do CC on the EXT and i could probably do that. i just love how iTrain gives you specific numbers.

anyway, i think i caught up on personals yesterday (for once!) :eek:

i will bbl.

Good Morning Ladies!

Just a quick checkin before I head home. Work was good last night and time flew! Im only going to bed for a little while when I get home though. I called to wake DH up but he had just went back to bed cause DS was up at 6 with a temp. I called the sitters and he is gonna stay home today with mamma! hehe Any excuse not to have to pack him up. We both hate it, DH more though.
Yesterdays workout was GS C&T plus CF. Depending on my time frame today I may do Mix and Max from CF and abs...and/or GS B,S,B. I have to work day shifts this weekend and we have company comming Sat so I need to get my weight work in early this week.

Ill be back tonight. I promise!
Lori:)

Good Morning Cheetahs.

I have cardio on tap for today. I wanted to run but it's not going to work out. That's okay though. I will run on thursday and possibly one day over the weekend as well. :)

Cathy: I WOULD finish this X rotation before moving on to the X+ but I just don't have that kind of discipline!LOL the new w/o's will be calling me if I try it and they WILL win so I'm not even going to attempt it! LOL The rotations included with the X+ work outs mix up X+ with the regular X though so I am going to go that route. I am seriously considering the Lean+ rotation with a few tweaks to make it work for me. It looks alot better then the original Lean rotation!:) Ofcourse, like I told Angie last night...this means starting all over again with Day 1!:eek: LOL

BBL!

Hello Cheetahs

Wendy- I would have to dig into new DVD's right away too!

Cathy- I like using a DVD for guidance too most of the time.

Wendi- How was that run?

Lori- I hope DS's fever is short lived, in the mean time it is nice for him to be home with you! I hope you get enough rest too :)

Lorie- Thanks for doing the b-day list. I like the idea of a group at yahoo or Face Book, although I do not have a facebook. ( my kids would be surprised if I did)

I had 5:30 spin class this morning. My DH was really annoyed with me for getting up early to go. He gets up anywhere from 5 to 6 but he doesn't like it if I get up before him and wake him up. I don't know how this is going to work out. It isn't worth a disagreement.

The class was fine once I got there. We did push ups at the end. like this : 28-14-8-20-20. I did the first 50 (28-14-8) on my toes and the last 40 on my knees. The I rushed home to get DS off to school.

I found out the guy who's dog bit me is saying the dog did not get me! His neighbor was at spin class. I showed her my bruise which I still have after 11 days. I want people to know that the dog will bite.

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Hello again gals!

Got in a nice 7.5 mile run at a 9:30 pace. I wish I had time to go a bit farther but I've got to get hustling if I want to get to work on time. I don't actually have set hours...in fact I pretty much pick when I need to be there, but I've got so much to get to done today (including two hay deliveries...yuck!). Because it's going to be near 70 today we also have Bath Max on the agenda for all eight of the horses...they are gettin' NASTY x( and are in desperate need of some scrubbing!

Cathy - Nice workout this morning but, IA, I don't think I could do weight work without a dvd. I think I would get too bored. I will PM you tonight with bday info.

Sunny - Thanks! So what cardio did you decide on?

Lorie - IA with Cathy that Bosu Blast or EXT are probably the better choices with regards to your hip but see how you feel. BTW, I've got some nice core DOMS working from yesterday's workout }( and I didn't even do any real core work lol!

Lori - Sorry DS is a bit under the weather. {HUGS} for the little guy. Great workouts. I don't know how you are able to switch back and forth between day/night shifts. That would really mess me up!

Wendy - That rotation sounds like just the ticket for you. Enjoy your cardio of choice today.

Judy - The run was great, thank you! How was your fueled run yesterday...did you notice a difference? WOW, that's quite the hardcore class for 5:30 in the morning :eek:...WTG! Sorry about DH not being thrilled about it. I think you definitely should warn people about that dog, especially if the owner is going to be that irresponsible...*shaking head*.

Okay, gotta scoot. I hope to be back later tonight but I can't promise anything as this could be a very loooooooooooooong day. have a great day everyone!

Good morning lovely Cheetah Babes!

I'm afraid I'll have to do a drive by post - so sorry! I have to get ready for this stupid presentation! My workout this morning in B&G Leg Blast and the SB abs. \

I did want to quickly mention that I think I need to get a new scale as the one at WW and the one at my house are a full 5 pounds different. And of course, mine is the nicer one! Oh well - I'll survive. I like the new way of doing things, but the lady who headed the meeting was named Perky - yes - that was her name AND her personality. I asked about Activity Points, and she said, "Oh don't eat any more than 4 because we always over estimate the amount of intensity we do." I wanted to ask her to join me for a workout! I'm not going to take that advice because it would have me at 1400 calories for a day. That's too low. But, I understand why they say that. Anyway, I'm excited - I think the meetings will help me stay on track.

Hugs to all! I won't be around much for the next few days because of my Sales BootCamp. Joy. Believe me I would much rather being hanging out in Cheetah land!

GRRRR! I made the mistake of going into the rotation forum and found a great lookin' rotation that fitness freak created! How the heck am I supposed to stay focused on ONE thing with sooo many great choices taunting me!?!? x( x( x(

I printed out the rotation. Now I have a decision to make.....}(

Well, yesterday didn’t go as planned. I had to go to a doctor’s appointment instead of going home to workout. However, that didn’t happen either. I waited for an hour and 10 minutes and then had to reschedule for today. Needless to say I was not happy in the least. I don’t mind waiting, but yesterday was an unseasonable 68 degrees with lots of sun. I could have ran my 3.5 miles outside. That is what irks me the most, must be the runner in me.  I’m sure you ladies understand. Anyway, I blew off the rest of the day due to my bad mood. Today, however, will be completely different. Even though I won’t be able to workout during my lunch hour, I will make up my 3.5 mile treadmill run and get in a short UB workout too.

Lorie – Sorry to hear that you have to start all over with your dissertation. That really stinks! I can only imagine how heartbreaking that is since you had already invested so much work into your other paper. Great job looking on the positive! Hopefully it will make writing it easier.

Wendy – I’m glad I could help you make your decision yesterday on picking Slo-Mo. Let me know how you like P90+. I’m in shock you aren’t ripping those open to try them out.

Lori – Your DS is too cute!!

Judy – How did your run go with you trying to eat something beforehand?

Wendi – You are really working hard these days. When do you get to take a break? I’m glad you are enjoying your Bosu. I haven’t been using mine much because I’m still trying to come up with a good rotation to fit everything in.

Christine – Great job putting your presentation together. Great job with WW last week. The weight will come off. Your body may just be wondering what is going on before it lets the weight go. Keep up the good work!

Carole – I’m glad to hear you don’t have a stress fracture. What a relief1 Take care of yourself. Great wedding pics!

Shelly – Enjoy the snow! Can you send some my way? DS wants to have a snowball fight and I want to take DD sledding. We only need 2-3 inches.  I can only hope for a HM PR. It is a possibility. Lately I’ve even been eyeing marathons. Did I just say that? LOL I must be out of my mind. How did you enjoy your Bosu workout?

Dallas – The Slo-Mo Total Body premix is about 45-50 minutes. It is short but intense. The DVD has so many premixes available. IMO it is well worth the money.

Thomassina – Good luck with your 12 week challenge. With the Nike Marathon, are you all planning a cheetah GTG? Sorry I’ve been away for a little bit.

Cathy & Lorie – I still have the pm with the cheetah birthdays on it from last year that Cathy put together if you want me to send it over for updating. I also still have the Christmas card list if you need that Lorie.

Waves to Susan, SunnyD, Jackie, Linda, and anyone I may be missing. I’ll try to BBL.

Good morning cheetahs

Cathy...sorry you missed the psychic reading dinner. I was so glad to rule out a stress fracture. The constant injuries do get me down, and then the weight goes up..a vicious cycle! Thanks for your compliments, looking thru my wedding album makes me smile and laugh. It was really a fun day. I think you already have my B-Day info? Sounds like an interesting tweak to GS BSB.

Sunny..thanks re my pics. I kept thinking as I was posting them...OMG, that was soooo long ago, we were just kids!! Enjoy whatever cardio you decide on.

Wendi...sorry about mssing ME. I was so relieved to rule out the stress fracture also, I know I will get thru it, slowly. Thanks for the compliment on my wedding pics! Good job on the pace for 7.5 miles! How long does it take to bathe a horse??

Wendy...Amy's core is definitely different, either you like it or you don't. Funny as I feel Cathe's abs are in much better shape than Amy's, but then again core is all over...:)...hope you get the BB rec drink to taste better, too sweet would be way yukky! Thanks re my pics...you are right as the weddings I have been to in the past years no one does the cake smashing, happy I participated...:D...LMAO with your rotation dilemmas!!

Lorie...Good job with the abs and core on the Bosu. I might have to try that oatmeal recipe, I would not mind apples in it. Thanks re my pics. I do like Keith (iClimb)for my EXT better than Sean(CC).

Lori...enjoy your cardio and weight workout today.

Judy..my DH usually gets up before me, he also goes to bed before me but I don't care as long as he closes the door when he leaves. If he sleeps in past my time I also close the door, hopefully you two will come to an understanding. Your spin class sounded fun. Geeze...that owner of the dog that bit you is quite a jerk! They always lie in those situations I think. Way to go though showing the neighbor your bruise...maybe an ad in the paper would be good!!!...j/k...

Christine...have fun with B&G. lol at "Perky"...yeah I would like to see her to a Cathe non-intense workout!!...

Kristi...sorry about the DR appt! I was very happy to rule out the stress fracture...thanks re my pics.

Tomasina...that would not be good if the Nike half was a lottery! My nephew ruled out the stress fracture..:)...I posted it on yesterdays thread. Nope, no snow yet, very slight possibility for today.

Today will be Amy's Slo-mo sho, bi's and tri's and a 3-4 mile run (in the rain!)

Have a great day...

Good morning Cheetahs!

Christine - Congrats on the 1 pound gone! I need to check out the heavy bag part of Amy's workout. Good luck with your presentation.

Wendy - Happy to know you got your P90X+ workouts. Can't wait to hear your review. I have to throw a SS rotation in every now and then. I seem to get some great definition when I do them.

Sunny - I'm glad the UPS guy didn't come empty handed.

Dallas - Sounds like you're getting some good workouts in.

Carole - Glad the stress fracture was ruled out by your nephew. Hope you had a good workout. We have tornado watches out now. Love your wedding pics. You were a beautiful bride. Of course, I'm too young to remember much about the 80's. :p

Thomasina - Glad your challenge got started with a bang. Sounds like you have things under control. Have you tried the portabella mushroom sandwich at TGIF or Cheesecake Factory? Love them.

Lorie - I love the core work from Bosu Blast. I was able to make it through it.

Cathy - Maybe you didn't miss too much by not going to the dinner. Training went well. Trainee was a fast learner, thank goodness. Good luck with your BFL like week. Are you feeling rested now?

Wendi - Did you make it to bed early. Glad your run was a good one. Great pace too. Giving baths doesn't sound like fun. Hope it's an easy job for you.

Lori - Glad you had a good night at work. Enjoy your time with DS today. Hope the temp goes down.

Judy - Hope you and DH can find a common meeting ground on your spin class. Glad you enjoyed the class. Can't believe the guy is saying that his dog didn't bite you when you have evidence. Guess everyone wants to believe that their dog won't bite but they always have the capability.

Kristi - Sorry you had to reschedule your dr. appt. after waiting for so long. Hope you get that run in.

Shelly - Are you posting now? Hope you're enjoying your days off work.

I did iTread #24 Runintervals. Got in 6.2 miles. Did Cool It Off Express too. I didn't realize how sore my legs were from Mix It Up yesterday until I started stretching. That workout sneaked up on me.

I have got to get to work. Enjoy your day.

Jackie

lori-so glad work flew by. it's always nice when you're not bored at work!

judy-however is easiest to do it is fine by me! why would the owner of the dog DENY that it bit you?! that's crazy, especially when they told you they would kill him if you said so!

wendi-i think just balancing on the bosu is pretty good for the core. i am not surprised you have some core doms.

christine-sending you survive-salesbootcamp vibes. {{{}}}

wendy-IA about sticking to one thing. i swear i have exercise add and i don't think i could follow a rotation!

kristi-it would be great if you could send me your list! thanks!

carole-the oatmeal is AWESOME!!! i actually let DBF take half home and now i am sorry! i will probably make more today or tomorrow. i brought the rest of my black bean soup for lunch today. yummmm.

jackie-i bow down to you for being able to make it through all those crunches on bosu blast. i hope to get to that point.

today's w/o was bosu blast (minus the core work) and the cardio sections from ripped 1000. i may do something else when i get home later. so far, so good on my hip. it doesn't feel sore or hurt. while i would love to run, i think i am going to keep doing bosu cardio (or EXT) for the week.

Hello Gals!

My alarm went off at 4:30A, but I had such a headache. So, I pressed snooze a few times and then must have shut it off. x( So - still have my workouts to do. I have Glute Camp and cardio on tap. Not sure what I'll do for cardio.

Last night it was bugging me that I didn't get an hour cardio, so I did the Kelly's horizontal step premix. I really like that Step Kbox workout. I like it even better doing it all together. :7 I then did the last circuit of Iron Core (it's a kettlebell workout). I FF through the 30 second breaks. My ds(5) was in the workout room and I said out loud, "Another break....UGH" and he said, "That other girl (Cathe) doesn't give you any breaks." :7 :7 :7 LOL! I said, "You got that right!!!" }(

I'll come back for personals, but want to get the workouts started. :)

Have great workouts everyone!

Dallas

Quick check in - I ended up doing ASCII combos 1-4 because I was short on time. I had never played with any of the premixes, so you can imagine my surprise when I saw two circuit workouts with Slo Mo - I was very very excited! I'm going to do one of those on Thursday. I'm very excited!

As I'm at the hotel, I'd better run, but I wanted to stop in and say hi!

Hi Christine!!

I'm back for a few brief minutes. I still have another 1 1/2 hours before I can leave for lunch and go to my doctor appointment. Work hasn't been as busy as normal. Thank goodness I need to come here to chat with my cheetahs.

As I am sitting here looking at my running schedule, it made me wonder what races you all have planned this year. I have 6 races planned for this year - 3 in March, 1 in April, 1 July, & 1 August, but I might add another race in October or December. The 3 races in March are called "the triple crown". It consists of a 5K, 10K, and 10 miler each 2 weeks apart from each other. Then April 26th is the Derby Half Marathon, followed by the Bluegrass 10,000 on July 4th. The one in August is a Midsummer Night's Run which is a 5K. So, what is on your race schedule?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.