::: CHEETAHS ::: it *is* Friday (amen!)

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Good morning, cheetah babes! :)

Happy http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/fridaysmiley.gif

Gotta get my workout done in the AM as I have plans immediately after school today. It'll be 4DS B&T followed by 30 min. of cardio - perhaps KB or the EXT.

Thought I'd be hurtin' this morning from all the leg work, but I'm only a little sore in one of my quads. No remaining DOMS otherwise. Darn. *lol*

Wendy :: Collage listed the choreo for this DVD as "basic." And to experienced steppers, it may well be. I don't think it's the toughest I've tried. But I'm still very much a step rookie, and I didn't catch on to quite a few of the moves. The next time I try it, I will do another cardio first and then try to learn one combo. What always gets me is that danged turning away from the step...and I also think hearing them say, "left" but seeing them use their right foot somehow muddles up my brain. *lol*

That catches me up on the personals front.

Have a great day, everyone! BBL...

[font face="heather" font color=black size=+2]~Cathy[/font]

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee296/runninteach/holidays/th_tomtebart2.gif

Good morning cheetahs!!

oh yes, it's friday!!!!:7

didn't get to stretch yesterday, was just too tired by the time i got home. so a good stretch is on my workout agenda today!

argh...i am sooooooo nervous about tomorrow's HM. i know i won't be able to sleep tonight:-( .

kristi- thanks girl! great attitude re: your run yesterday. no worries you will get 'em next time.

cathy- that is a great workout to start off a friday!! so glad you are enjoying your bosu.

shelly- when do you leave if i haven't missed you yet, have a great marathon. i know you will!!

carole- hopefully i haven't missed you either, enjoy LV and running with another cheetah buddy:D .

that's all i have for personals right now. i will try to check back in later on. take care everyone:)

hey guys...slacker cheetah reporting for duty! of course, no time for personals (AGAIN!)
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/14/14_2_109.gif
i have an early morning ALL DAY staff meeting and i am being picked up in a sec.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_3_101.gif
yesterday, I did HSC for the first time. i have had that workout forever and never done it. it was fun. since i had an early meeting, but i should get out around 2 or so, i decided not to work out this morning and run OUTSIDE for a change! i am terrible at working out in the afternoon so i really hope i stick to it.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_3_110.gif

i should be in las vegas right now, but i am not going to think about it. actually, i am not even seeing DF this weekend. his team (tennessee) is in the SEC championship and his brother is flying in to go with him. i think i am kind of glad about that as i still am in the mulling stage of what to do about the whole thing.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_12_12.gif
anyway, i will be at my meeting with no access to a computer all day. i will come back later and be better about personals.

group hug for all the wonderful yaya cheetah women!!!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_80.gif

Happy Pre race Day Cheetah YaYa Sisters!

Shelly, Carole and Sunny [font color=red] GOOD LUCK!!![/font]

I will be thinking of the Cheetah YaYas while I do my first real 5K tomorrow.

Wendy You did really great on your iTread run yesterday! I actually did an iTread too.

Cathy Way to go on getting that workout knocked off early!

DD has her road test this morning. Keep your fingers crossed!

I mentioned to my friends on the '10 pound losers thread' about a friend of ours having some serious health issues. Any way, I wanted to help but not be a pain. So, I contacted his kid's hockey teams via e mail and set up a dinner delivery schedule for their family. In less that 24 hours we arranged for dinners to be delivered to this family every Monday and Wednesday in December and January. The response was amazing. We are going to continue it into February and March now. The family is so grateful!

OK I'm outta time TTFN

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Good morning cheetahs

Wow...it is friday and I am shortly leaving to catch a plane!! We should be in LV around 12:30 this afternoon! I have some last minute things to pack. I enjoyed the GAME last night. I just hope Farve is not seriously hurt...:(...I don't have time for anymore personals, I just hope all you cheetahs have a great weekend and I will be thinking about all of you!!

Cathy..love your friday smiley. Good job with 4DS KB and B&T..

Sunny...GOOD LUCK tomorrow. I will hope to check on how you did from Shelly. I'll be running my HM sunday....but 2 days of fun in LV until that!

Lorie...love all your smileys...:)...I am sorry you couldn't get to LV, woulda been way fun running with you.

Judy...thanks!! Shelly will let you all know how we do as she will have her laptop.

Shelly..I never got your cell # so I will wait to hear from you...;)

Tomasina...Cowboys did good huh...:D

TTFN....:)

Good Morning:)

Just a quick check in, hopefully I will catch up on personnals later. Its really hard right now to check in while DS is up and in full motion!

Yesterday I did GS B,S,B and a 5 mile run. Todays workout needs to be legs and cardio!!

BBL! Have a good day everyone!!

Lori:)

Good morning ladies!

As is usual for a Friday, on account of the late night Thursday, there will be no workout today unless I come home from work tonight with a ton of energy and do it then. It's amazing to me how the lack of sleep just one night hits me. *IF* I do I think it will be some kind of steady state step or kickbox. My legs are certainly protesting all those leg presses and squats from yesterday so any kind of Imax is out of the question lol.

Let me try to catch up on a couple of personals...

Cathy - DOH!!! I thought the "lost battle" was in reference to the cookies...I'm such an airhead sometimes lol! So sorry to hear that! I had to laugh at your *disappointment* from your lack of DOMS...I'll send some of mine your way :p!

Sunny - Wow, we have lots of racing Cheetahs this weekend. Sending you {{{{{CHEETAH POWER}}}}}}!

Lorie - Love your smilies...too cute!!! If you make your afternoon run I'll stick to my afternoon cardio...deal?

Judy - {{{{CHEETAH SPEED}}}} being sent your way, too! Have a great race tomorrow! What a wonderful idea for that family...you are a truly beautiful person to do something like that!

Carole - You GOOOOOOOOO Girl!!!!!!! Good luck and have a great time!!!!

Lori - Great workout yesterday!

I'll be back with the rest of my personals in a second....

TGIF! TGIF!!! I’m heading for Chicago in the wee hours Sunday morning (flight leaves at 6:20AM – so I’ll be up at around 3 – ick). I’m looking forward to it – except for the little inconvenience of a possibly MAJOR snow storm! There’s a reason I live in California! :p I have to go out and get a coat – I don’t have a winter coat – didn’t really need one here. Well, I do have a ski jacket, but that’s not the same. :+ Today I’m going to bite the bullet and do HSC. I did KBX with higher impact (still carefully), and I’m actually fine today, so I’ll just be careful with the jumping on this one. I’m looking forward to it!

I did end up going out last night. We went to a bowling alley – yes, you read that right – called Strikes. It’s new, and it was my first time there. Wow! I walked in and there were about 30 lanes – a projection TV over every two lanes, the entire way. The bar is very sleek, with 6 HUGE projection TV’s with s little smaller plasma’s stacked on top of each other in between with big ones. Lots of seating, etc. There’s even a huge arcade for the kids. It was amazing. I walked in and every big screen had the game on – it was sensory overload for a moment!

Wendi - Glad you’re feeling better! Good job on needing to increase your weights on the BC/ME Combo. I’m definitely enjoying this person who is living in my DH’s skin. I hope he stays around for a while! I do know what you mean about riding – it is a workout – not a major cardio workout, but it does require muscles to ride well. Especially core muscles.

Carole – The game last night was good – except that the Cowboys won! DH is also a Packers’ fan, so I was cheering for them. I did end up going because it wasn’t on TV. (We have Comcast and they charge for NFL network – although I think they were offering the game last night if you called them). I agree that I hope Farve is not seriously injured! HAVE FUN IN VEGAS!!!!!

Wendy – how sad about your dog. That’s so hard. I’m glad you were with him at the end. When Kimo was so bad, I made Jimmy spend the night in the garage with her (Kimo does not like to sleep in the house – she prefers the garage), just so SOMEONE was with her if anything happened. I didn’t want her to die alone. Way to go with your 6 miles in 59:28!! *Does Happy Dance with Wendy*

Sunny – You’ll do great with you race! I can’t wait to hear about it! It’s on Saturday, so I’ll get to hear as soon as you post (hint hint – please post Saturday! :+). I’m going to be cheering you on girl!

Susan – I’m happy to hear that this is Mary’s last day of radiation. I have her in my prayers! How hard to have to wait until SEPTEMBER to know if the treatment is working!

Kristi – thanks! I think Jimmy is a cutie, too. He’s asleep at my feet right now. I love Doggie Day Care! I know what you mean about time. No clue where it all goes!! :p

Thomasina – My workout room is the garage, too. It’s nice having all that space – but as it’s also DH’s room and we have the dog crates there, I sometimes have to move things around. :p I’m excited for you to have your own space! You’re smart to be re-thinking your rewards. Just think, you’ll have that other 9 pounds off soon and 4DS will be there! A new workout is a great goal!

Shelly – You convinced me, you convinced me – the DOMS is gone, so I think I can handle it! :p When are you leaving for Vegas? I would rather be going to warm(er) Vegas with you and Carole than Chicago for business!!! I can’t wait to hear how it goes!! And the reason you knit is the reason I do cross-stitch. I cannot simply sit and watch tv – not even a movie! I have to be doing something else.

Jackie – Yes, I love sore glutes – means I worked ‘em hard!! How are you feeling today? Sore? I cannot wait to try Slo Mo!

Cathy – Ouch – your workouts make MY legs burn! I like more complicated choreography – but that could be because my job is NOT challenging! Good thing there is something for both of us! :p Good job at getting it all done in the AM!! *High Fives Cathy*

Lorie – If you just strap on your shoes and go before you get a chance to really think about it, you’ll get it done. That’s how I have to handle afternoon workouts – otherwise I’m great at talking myself out of them! Have fun on your run! {{{HUGS}}} back at ya girlfriend. Hope this weekend is a great one for you!

Judy – What a sweet thing to do!! I really like that idea. Bless you for thinking of it! Good luck to DD!!! Have FUN on your 5K! You'll do fabulous!!

Good luck to all the racing Cheetahs!!!

Back with the rest...

Wendy - Great run yesterday...impressive! I haven't run in more than a week and I'm really starting to miss it. Right about now is when I wish i had a TM as it's hard for me to squeeze the outdoor variety in with the dark and the questionable weather.

Susan - Oh, my heart goes out to Mary!!! It's good to hear that she's over the hump but it pains me to hear that she has yet another complication from her treatment. She is beyond lucky to have such an amazing friend in you. I do think riding hits those inner thighs like no other exercise }(!

Kristi - Any run is better than no run, right? I'm still amazed you are able to get in as many workouts as you do with your schedule...WTG!

Thomasina - Your DD17 has a horse? Does she still ride, English, Western? Inquiring minds want to know. Unfortunately, with anywhere from 10 to 20 horses in training at any given time there's a TON of laundry :eek:! Bowling for a family has gotten outrageous these days. My SO and I bowl in a league on Thursday nights. It's expensive, $25 per man, per week, but we're usually in the hunt for first place which pays out $2,000 per man for the entire season ($1,000 per half) so it's worth it to us. With the exception of this season, we've always won enough to pay for our bowling and then some.

Shelly - No se la palabra por "cheetah" tampoco y hablo espanol muy bueno! When you work in my business spanish is a must, especially when you need to tell a groom from another barn that you have stallions and to keep the mares very far away...caballo con cahones LOL! Now, GO ROCK LV!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jackie - So, are you walking today after Amy?

Christine - I forgot to mention that the puppy pic of Jimmy was just too cute! He certainly has turned into quite the handsome man!

I think that catches me up. I have another long one today and do hope to get some kind of cardio in this evening so I won't be back until later tonight. Have a great one Cheetahs!

Hi Christine! You snuck in there while I was typing away. I'm glad you had fun at the bowling ally last night. Most of the houses now cater to sports fans and kids. I actually like the TV screens out on the lanes because it keeps the guys out of the bar and down on the lanes ready to bowl so we actually can finish by midnight, lol. Have fun with HSC!

Good morning cheetahpals! Got a lot to do today before taking off for LV, hopefully I can squeeze it all in. First I'm going into town to get my yearly labwork drawn, then some last minute shopping.
When I get home I need to finish packing and I hope to get in a 3 mile run.

Cathy- Yes, I'm bringing a laptop so I'll be able to keep in touch and here how Sunny and Judy did on their races and hopefully share some pics with everyone! Great workout this morning!

Wendy- I managed to get in about 45 minutes of YogaX, up to the balancing poses. I was sweating! BTW, I am running the full marathon on Sunday, Carole and her sis are doing the half. However, all the runners start at the same time and we will run the same course for the first 6 miles before the half runners turn off.

Lorie- Love your staff meeting smiley! Believe me I can relate!!!

Carole- (If you check back in before leaving) I tried once more to send you my cell phone number. Don't know why I'm having trouble getting e-mail to ya! Anyway, I'll text it to you later today also.
Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Lori- Awesome workout with the GS and a run!!!

Wendi - A rest sounds like a good idea for you today! LOL about the Caballos con cahones!!!

Christine- Have fun with HSC today!! It's about time! Hope you have a fun time in Chicago. It won't actually be that warmer in Vegas.... having a bit of a cool spell for them. They are forecasting highs only in the 50s on race day. Starting temps will be in the upper 30s. Still alot better then when I did PF Changs last Jan. The temp then was 25 degrees!

Judy- How incredibly wonderful of you to arrange for the dinner delivery to that needy family!!! You are awesome! I'm sure you'll have a great time tomorrow for your 5k, can't wait to hear the report!

Sunny- Best of luck to you tomorrow for your half!!!! Also looking forward to hearing your report!

Gotta run now cheetahs!

ShellyC

Hello cheetah friends! Today and tomorrow will be so busy. I only have to work ½ day today. When I leave at noon I have so many things to do. I have a dr. appt at 1 then I plan to go grocery shopping and hopefully fit in my long run of 7 miles all before leaving to pick the kids up at 5. Let’s hope I can fit it all in. Tomorrow the kids and I will be putting up the Christmas tree and decorating the house. Then that afternoon we head to Indiana to my DB’s house to celebrate an early Christmas with my Aunt that is coming in from Illinois. This weekend will be busy but so much fun!

GOOD LUCK RACING CHEETAHS JUDY, SUNNYD, SHELLY, CAROLE, (and Carole’s sis) THIS WEEKEND!! YOU ALL WILL BE AWESOME!! I can’t wait to hear your race reports.

Thomasina – If you decide to run the Flying Pig then I might run the 10K the day before. I don’t think I will be up for the HM because I will be doing the Derby HM the previous weekend with my DB. I’ll proudly cheer you on race day! How’s the weight loss going? This is my first week zigzagging (began Monday) and I’m down about 2 pounds. I’m sure it is water weight. Zigzagging is the when you have 2-3 days of lower calories and then have 1 day of higher calories. For instance I’m doing 2 days of about 1300-1400 calories followed by 1 day of 1500-1600 calories. It keeps your body from thinking you are starving it. I’ve used this method postpartum with DD and it worked wonderfully. I lost about 45 pounds doing it. Good luck finishing your workout room this weekend. I bet you can’t wait to use it!

Christine – What does your doggie daycamp offer? I checked into one here. It basically boards the dogs and gives them one 15 minute play session a day. The cost was $20 per day. I was very disappointed because I thought the dogs would have more play time and for what it offers I can do that myself. Glad you had a good time bowling. I’m an awful bowler but it is so much fun. Have a great time in Chicago. I hope you don’t have to deal with a major snowstorm while there.

Cathy – You are so right, a not so good run is better than none. Today will hopefully be better. Sorry you didn’t care for yesterday’s workout. I’m like you. I like to jump right in and start sweating instead of trying to learn the moves and feeling like I didn’t’ get a good workout. Great job getting in your workout this morning.

Judy – That is a very nice thing you are doing for your friends. They are so lucky to have such caring people in their lives. Good luck with your race tomorrow!

Carole & Shelly – Have a great time in LV!!

Wendi – Enjoy your rest day! A night of not sleeping well hits me hard too. I’ve been dragging this week because the kids have been getting up 3-4 times every night.

Waves to all Cheetahs! Not sure if I will have a chance to come back later, but I will try. Have a great day!

judy- running super cheetah vibes being sent your way for your race tomorrow!! have fun:7 what an awesome person you are to help that family.

susan- i am happy for your friend that she is doing and feeling much better.

wendi- thanks!!

thomasina- thanks for the compliment re: my siggy. enjoy your day!

kristi- sounds like such a fun weekend. enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!

just wanted to let you know i got my acceptance letter..I am going back to school y'all!!!! lol:7

don't worry I will post tomorrow after my race, that is if I survive, lol.:7 :+ :p

Good morning Cheetahs!

Well, I'm 53 years young today. Feel better than I did 20 years ago. WOO HOO!!!

Cathy - How is the bootay today? It hurts to sit for me. OUCH! Sorry you weren't pleased with Bosu Blast. It definitely has a learning curve. I haven't done it in awhile. They are much more fun when you can pick up the steps pretty quick not that I have.

Wendy - When do you start the X again?

Sunny - Good luck with your half tomorrow. You will do fine.

Lorie - Hope your meeting is not too taxing for you today. Hate the all day ones. Glad you enjoyed HSC yesterday. Don't think I own that one.

Judy - Good luck to DD today. Good luck on your 5K tomorrow. How sweet of you to help your friend out in such a nice way. Know it will be appreciated.

Carole - Have a safe trip. Good luck with your race too.

Lori - At least you were able to get a good workout in yesterday. Have a good one today.

Wendi - Maybe some energy will mysteriously appear by the time you get home today. I can walk but it's hard sitting.

Christine - Chicago should be a fun trip. Wave to my sis while you're there. I've been in Chicago during February and the wind is rough. Glad bowling was fun.

Shelly - Lots on your schedule today. Enjoy shopping and have a good run. Good luck with your race on Sunday.

Kristi - Have a good run. I'm glad to hear someone is getting a tree up.

I did Slo Mo Chest, Bis & Tris and Core work. Good workout but I didn't really care much for the core work. Also, did the warm up, #1 Combo and #1 interval from KB Extreme. I had an Amy day.

Work is calling. Enjoy your day!

Jackie

[font color= red]Happy Birthday Jackie!!!! [/font]You young thing!

[font color=purple][font size +1]Judy "Likes2bfit"

***The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
William Osler

***Eat Food. Not too Much. Mostly plants. Michael Pollan[/font]

Wendi – I must be behind the times (or not a bowler!), but I didn’t realize that about the bowling alleys! It was really cool. We didn’t bowl – we just sat at the bar and watched the game. Although it would have been more interesting had we bowled. Sitting at a bar watching the game is boring. Thanks for your sweet words about Jimmy!

Shelly – oh HSC was FUN! And not too bad with impact. I can’t wait to do it again! :p When are you off to Vegas? Wow – you have a lot on your plate today! Can’t wait to hear about the race!

Kristi – Jimmy goes to Downtown Dogs – www.downtowndogs.com. Basically they offer supervised play for dogs all day long. The dogs are separated into groups based on size and temperament, and the number of dogs in any room is limited to a certain number. They play and romp with each other (and the staff tosses balls, etc) from the time they get in in the AM, to noon, and then from 1 to the time to go home. The staff also works simple commands (sit, down, stay…) to reinforce learning. They do also offering overnight stays – those dogs also have supervised play from 7AM through 9PM – with breaks for lunch and dinner. I don’t blame you for being disappointed – it sounds like that daycamp is not very much – 15 minutes? What does that do other than get the dogs all wound up? I didn’t bowl last night – just went there to watch the game. Although I’d go back to bowl – I suck, too. :p Have a great weekend!! Sounds like a busy one!

Sunny – YAY! You’ve been accepted!!! What will you study?

Jackie!!!! http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Holidays/Birthday/Birthday_balloon.gif
Hope it a happy, happy one!!! What are your plans?
I’ll wave to your sis! I was to Chicago once when the temps were -22, so I’m glad they won’t be THAT bad this time!

I did HSC and had a great time! It’s a great little overall workout and non-stop! I really enjoyed it – up ‘til the end when she made us END with Hover Squats! :+ I had no problems with the impact – I stretched my Achilles and iced it afterwards, and am wearing Ugg Boots (flat) now – so all is well! I’m actually thinking that impact like that – short bursts with a lot of down time afterwards – is a good way to get back into impact – slowly, and carefully and a little at a time.

Before I go –

Carole, Shelly, Sunny and Judy – GO CHEETAH GO!!! I hope you ladies run the best races of your lives this weekend!!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.