CHEETAHAS...happy friday eve!!!

lederr

Cathlete
once again, getting us started. that seems like about all i can do lately since i've been so busy.x( x( x(

i need to decide upon a workout and catch up on forum happenings.

love you all!

oh, i did sign up for the nike half. i really hope our group gets picked. what a wonderful birthday present that would be (my bday is the day before the race)!!!

speaking of birthdays:
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday2/10.gif , SUNNY!!!

wendy and sunny-i was just skimming and saw that you guys were going to start NROLFW. i might be interested in starting with you. keep me posted!

Good morning Cheetahs!

Just reporting that 4DS Bi's & Tri's and LIC abs (2X) is done. I'm pretty bummed about how few calories I burned even though I increased my weight on most exercises. I just found out that I may have to show one of the client's horses in ten days and I will NOT be fitting into my breeches if I don't drop a few :eek:...not a pretty sight. I'm hoping that the number on the scale is stuck at this point because of water retention from the weight work *and* TTOM next week. I've got my fingers crossed!!!!

I actually caught up last night on personals so this will be short....

Sunny - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Have you got any nice plans for the day?

Lorie - With how busy you've been it's amazing that you're still getting your workouts in...WTG! Will work let up at all for you in the near future?

Wendy - You did have a busy day yesterday...wow! I don't mind those *occasionally* as it gives me a sense of accomplishment at the end of it all.

Judy - Glad to hear the surgery went well.

Gotta scoot and get to work. I won't have time to check back here before bowling. The chiropractor (for the horses, not humans) is coming today so my day is going to run *very* late. I always look forward to catching up with her...she's just a great person who always has fun stories to share. Anyhoo, TTFN! Have a great day everyone!

Morning Glories!:)

Judy and Lorie: Sunny intends to start NROL4W in the beginning of April. I was intending to start more towards the end of April into mid May. I'm not sure exactly when but will keep ya'll posted if one of you wishes to start with me. It's up to you. No matter when we all start, it will be great to have all of us doing it together to compare notes/results and for those of us who start later...we can get "forewarnings" about the tough stuff!}( :+ }(

Judy: I think I am going to take the author's suggestion to do the rotation where you do your cardio on separate days from the weights so that I can do cardios that are longer then the 15 minutes suggested when you do it right after the weight training portion. I will probably try to stick to cardio 2x per week...1 tm run and something else I can do at home. When I need to start training for the race in October I'll probably change it to 2 runs (1 interval on the tm and 1 long run on the w/e in the park). I also intend to keep my weekly yoga session in the mix.

Wendi: Yeah, depending upon what I'm busy doing, you are right, there can definately be a sense of accomplishment there but y'day was not one of those days. UGH! Oh well!:p Sorry it's gonna be a late day for you but atleast you enjoy the chiro's company so it will make it easier to bear.

Today is Yoga X. Since I did l/b AND got in my run y'day I don't have anything else I need to do but yoga today. That's a wonderful thing!:)

I guess that's all for now...I'll be back though-no work today!:)

Good morning ladies!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNNY!!! I hope you have a lot of fun birthday plans.

Today will be PUB/PLB on my own while the kids are in bed. I realized last night while running my 3 miles on the treadmill I need new running shoes. I might go get them today at lunch or maybe I will wait until Saturday. I'll play it by ear and see how the day goes.

Lorie - It will be nice to meet you if our group is picked. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Judy - I'm glad to hear DS's surgery went well. Not much of a rest day though.

Christine - I haven't even looked at the elevation of the HM course yet. It scares me already. Today I will take a peek though.

Well, I need to start getting some work done. I'll BBL. WAVES to all Cheetahs!!

Good morning ladies!

Nice to have another day that's a blank slate! I'm going to have to do a drive by post this morning, sorry! I have AOS Firepower on tap. I looked through it, and then ran to Target for another 15 pound kettlebell last night (Sunny - I thought of you and your collection). Of course, I came out with more than the kb (Wendy, thought of you and your love of Target shopping!). I got two plain t-shirts (black and white - should have gotten brown for a skirt I just got, but oh well), another skort (I love my skort), and some household items.

Have a great everyone! I should be back for personals later.

Good morning cheetahs

SUNNY http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z27/glitterfy_com-1/graphics/33/Bday_balloon.gif

Lorie...thanks for starting us. Hope you have a good workout today! it'll be fun to see you in Oct!

Wendy...LOL about you waiting for the UPS guy to workout!! Good job with the 30 min run also.

Wendi..I guess we will be doing Bi's & Tri's together today as I skipped it yesterday! Hope the weight comes off so the breeches fit better..

Kristi..good job with PUB/PLB

Christine...so sorry about DD18's cyst, I hear those can be painful, did they give her something? The wind finally died down in the afternoon. I think we might get rain this weekend, we do need some. Geeze...sorry about DH's Envoy, what in the world is wrong with people!! Do they NOT LOOK!!! Sounds like a nice Target run...:)

Jackie...good workout yesterday working the legs and core with your sore upper body.

Sunny...I have not tried the eraser on walls yet...I have no kids but our dogs use to get the walls quite dirty...:)

Dallas...good job with P90X S&A and the quick 3 mile run. I know, that was weird I cleaned when I was not feeling great...:)..Hope you had a nice B-Day evening with your in-laws.

Shelley...you should try the Mr Clean eraser, it makes cleaning a breeze. Hope you enjoyed your sprinting and TJ workout.

Well, I still felt a bit out of sorts yesterday so I took a rest day. I will do yesterdays scheduled workout today, a run along with freestyle legs, abs and 4DS Bi's & Tri's. Don't know if any of you read "The China Study" (one of the books that made me go vegetarian!!) The author is speaking tonight at our church's academy and DH and I are going!!

Have a great day...:)

Good morning Cheetahs!

Dallas - Is DS better today? Great workout yesterday. Glad you're enjoying P90X. Did you enjoy that cake?

Christine - So glad DD pains were not as serious as appendicitus. How's she feeling today? How's everything with MIL? Bummer on DH truck. Congratulations on the pounds loss! Love those skorts too.

Shelly - Glad you're back to your normal energizer bunny self. Keeping my fingers crossed for you on the PA license. You are right. I now have sore legs and bum to match the upper body DOMS. It actually hurt to drive yesterday. So, how many miles do you get in when you combine iTread 13 & 19?

Wendy - Which TJ did you order this time? Did you read where Chalene may do some weight workouts along the line of P90X? That should be interesting.

Kristi - Sorry to hear DD wasn't feeling well. Hope she's better today.

Wendi - Glad you got a little break to catch up with all the Cheetahs. Workouts are still going well I see. Keep up the hard work. Enjoy bowling tonight.

Judy - Hate losing those posts. Glad DS surgery went well.

Lorie - Glad you can at least stop by and say hi. What workout did you choose to do?

Sunny - HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you have a wonderful day. Any plans?

Carole - Glad the rest day helped. Sounds like a long workout for you today. Enjoy the speaker at church tonight.

Hello to all others.

Today's workout was iClimb #18, a 20 minute Caribbean Workout kickboxing on the Bosu and Denise Austin's Yoga Body Burn legs. Yep, I'm sore all over today. Gotta love it.

Enjoy your day!

Jackie

awwwwww, shucks ladies. you are all so absolutely wonderful!! thank you for thinking of me. no special plans for today except a mani and pedi. dh bought me the dining room set i've been longing for and paid for personal training muay thai lessons. not sure if you remember i had been taking these classes awhile back but had to stop due to my/class schedule. now i can schedule them on my own time. he and the boys are taking me to breakfast on saturday.

today's workout is p90x back and biceps. my legs and patootie are so sorry from tuesday's leg workout.

kristi- thanks girl. have fun sneaking shopping!!

wendi- thank you so much! don't worry about the calorie burn on the HR monitor with heavy weights you are creating an afterburn effect.

christine- let me know what you think of firepower. i am just itching for it but will wait for your comments. i am just lovin' the bells!

Judy, Wendy, Lorie,- if you want we can pick a date that we can all begin together. how about may 1st? seems like everyone will be ready by then. i don't mind waiting another month because turbulence training just put out another rotation i am just dying to try, lol.

wendy- how do you like your C-9 sports bras?

jackie- no special plans for tonight. but i will be heading out this weekend for a calorie busting breakfast!!

carole- thanks for the bday wishes. try mr. eraser on your walls. it's amazing how it cleans up those unsighlty marks.

dallas- i highly recommend the legs and abs. and a few others that are like bootcamp strength training workouts. there is another one that is an at home one but i always get DOMS from it. i am sorry i can't remember the #'s but if you check at itrain i am sure you will locate the ones to which i am referring.

as far as the kung fu kickboxing. it's broken up into 3 20 min segments. of course you can do them all of a hr workout. i really liked this workout. not sure if it will appeal to any of you because although it works up a sweat it's not a cardio kickbox workout. more on the lines of cardio conditioning for fighters. it's really different than any kb workout i've done.

one more thing, i've decided to go for an advanced PT cert. NASM, i just got in my studying materials!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SUNNY! I wished you a great day in the O/F but for some reason I didn't do it here. I sawwy! Sounds like you are getting great gifts from DH and breakfast with the kiddos will be so nice on saturday morning!:)

So I went back to Target for the gazillionth time (no laughing allowed, Christine!:p) to return the shorts. I picked up another 2 styles of capris-both work out wear. One pair is the stretchy/tight fitting style but the other one can easily be worn as street clothes just like the first pair I bought the other day. The 2nd pair is a bit snug around the waist so I think I am going to exchange it for a larger size and then I SWEAR I am NOT going back to Target for 6 months!!!!:7 :7 :7

Kristi: What brand of running shoes do you wear? Have fun with the pyramids tonight.

Christine: Go back to Target right NOW and grab that brown shirt girl! }(

Carole: Hope your rest day y'day helped and that you feel good today. Enjoy the speech tonight. I've never read the book. Do I sense some enabling here? ;) :)

Jackie: Nope, haven't heard about Chalene filming X style work outs. I did hear she's filming a bunch of new work outs but never heard what they consisted of. Enjoy your DOMS!!!

Sunny: May sounds like a good time to start for me!!!! I'll only have to cut my X+ rotation short by a week or 2. I'm game if everyone else is!}(

Wendy - Enjoy shopping! Don't worry you will be back at Target tomorrow for something you forgot today while shopping. LOL :) :) I'm that way with Walmart. I love that store. No lie, I go there every Saturday and most Sundays too. There is always something I need to pick up. As far as shoes, I wear Nike Triax. A few minutes ago I consulted with my fitness journal and realized that I bought my current pair back in February 2007. Yup, I'm way overdue for a new pair. I thought maybe I had bought them in October. Of course, I don't put in the high number of miles that some of the other cheetahs put in.

wendy- thanks. i don't check the o/d forum too much. so thanks for letting me know my peeps gave me a bday shout out:7
no way could i stay away from target for that long
:+ . ok may it is!!

jackie- i did read about charlene's new workouts. i would have to wait for reviews because i don't see her as a hardcore weights person.

kristi- love your new ticker:)

Afternoon Cheetahs!

Today called for YogaX, so I did an hour of that this time. That sure is a long yoga DVD. I think I'll sub some other yoga practices when it calls for that. It's good, but agree with Cathy about all the Vinyasa movements. Actually reminded me of Bryan Kest, but slower. Hmm, maybe I'll put Mr. Yummypants into the mix. ;-) DS had soccer and now the elliptical is being put together as I type. :D I was holding out on cardio just so I could use it. :)

Sunny ~ [font color=cyan=+2]Happy Happy Birthday![/font] Enjoy your day! WOW! Lots of Pisces here. Maybe that's why we get along so well. ;-) Thanks for the Kung Fu review. Well, I have some credits sitting over at iTrain. I'll check out those workouts. :) Thanks! How long is the NASM certification/studying going to take. I'm only on week 2 for the ACE.

Wendy ~ I'd like to finish reading the NROL4W and start with you ladies as well. I have to figure out when I'll finish this current rotation exactly.

Jackie ~ Nice workouts! Enjoy your DOMS. }( Yes, DS went back to school today. I hope the "bug" is done with our house! Yep, the cake was yummy. I could hear Tony saying, "That's not part of the program!" LOL!

Carole ~ I read the China Study. Another Carole book recommendation. ;-) Have fun tonight! I bet it will be interesting. Is your dh a vegan/vegatarian? Mine is slowly coming around, but I'm not 100% either. It sure makes cooking a lot easier when we're all on the same page.

Kristi ~ What kind of shoes did you get? Do you have a pair for outdoor & indoor running? How's your DD feeling?

Wendi ~ Have fun with your chiro friend! I didn't realize there's a special chiro for horses.

Judy ~ Sorry you lost your post...that's frustrating.

Cathy ~ I'm worried about you....you've been MIA.

Posh ~ ANything new with your Yukon? Hope you're feeling better.

Christine ~ how's your DD feeling now? I like having an open day too. Today was one of them, but YogaX was just fine this morn. ;-) I'll have fun playing with the EFX this afternoon. Oh, I better get off here so I can have dinner ready then. COme one over, but you have to bring the warmer temps with you!

Hi Lorie, Lori, Linda, & Shelly!

Have a good one everyone!

ETA: fix that ugly color in Sunny's post...ha ha!

Slacker Cheetah checkin' in!:p

I just wasn't feelin' it today ladies so no work out (yoga) for me today. It's okay though as I can easily do it saturday instead so it's cool. I would have forced it had it not fit in else where so nicely. :)

So I'm training tonight and it's the first time doing the new pyramid down routine a la Cathe that I created for them! It's gonna be FUN!}(

So my BF wants a recommendation of a work out vid to buy or to borrow one of mine for now-weight work only. I don't want to recommend one to buy yet as I'm not sure what she'll like and stick with so I'd rather lend her one of mine. I was thinking Supersets/Pushpull. I think that's okay for a beginner. Do you all agree?? I would have her do it the first time with me there so that if she has any questions on moves we haven't done (which I know there are some), I can help her out. I could also lend her the Pyramids and show here the pyrmid down premix since that's what I'll be doing with her for the next couple of months. My other thoughts were one of the Slim series work outs or Jari's Slim and Lean. SS could be good for her but it can be very boring and if she is bored she won't do it and Slim and Lean's rep counts are waaaay up there. I'm not sure she's ready for that. Any thoughts?? I guess I could also bring all of them and let her test 'em out and pick one.

Well, I need to make sure the new work out is ready to go so that tonight's session doesn't get screwy cause I'm not prepared!:p They are gonna be cursin' me cause I'm going to try out all new ab moves on them too!}(

K, outta here for now but I'll BBL!

Sunny - I like your new siggy too! I decided to add my weight ticker so maybe it will get my butt in gear on losing this added weight.

Dallas - Enjoy your new elliptical! It is fun to get new fitness gadgets and videos. DD seems to be feeling better today. However, she was up off and on last night until around 4 a.m. Unfortunately, I don't think she is completely over this virus yet. My DS had good and bad days for weeks. Hopefully DD won't be following the same pattern. Thanks for asking.

Christine - I looked at the elevation of the Nike HM. OH MY GOODNESS!!! That will a very interesting course to run.

Wendy - Good luck with training your BF tonight. SS/PP sounds like a good choice or even the Pyramids. The only thing I would keep in mind would be if she has all of the equipment she might need with the workouts.

Cathy - I've missed your cheerful posts today. I hope you are well.

Well, I'm need to wrap up a few things here at work before I can leave. Have a nice night! I have bunko tonight so I won't be back until the morning.

First and foremost – Sunny:

http://www.freefever.com/animatedgifs/animated/birthday12.gif

Lorie – Oh cool! I’m glad you signed up for the Nike Half! I can’t wait to see if we get to go!

Wendi – How’s the foot doing? Still bothering you? Have fun bowling and with the horse chiropractor. That has to be interesting!

Wendy – Enjoy Yoga X!! Sounds like you have a nice day planned. I will probably get that brown t-shirt this weekend. I did get a brown cami with the skirt, but it’s a little low to wear to work, so I solved it by putting an off-white lacy higher cami underneath – it looks cute, so I do have a solution. Oh heck, I won’t laugh at you! I ran out last night to Target to get a bell for a workout I just got – never did, just got – that’s pathetic – you’re just browsing. :p Ya know – a day off is good for ya! Hope you enjoyed it. I could send you Ripped to the Core if you want a Jari one for your friend – I like the compound movements in it, but Jari drives me batty. I also have Maximum Intensity Strength on VHS if you want it.

Kristi – Oh, we’ll all survive the elevation. The course is stunning, unfortunately it does not run OVER the Golden Gate, though! :p I’ve always wanted to do that – I’ve walked it many times. Although I do remember being told it does – we’ll see I guess.

Carole – Sorry you’re out of sorts. I think it’s contagious because I am, too. Too much stress right now (work AND home!). Enjoy your outing tonight! That sounds incredible. Wish I lived closer as I would join you! The doc gave DD18 a pain killer, but I think the pain had already peaked and was starting to recede. She’s fine now – I spoke to her last night.

Jackie – Sounds like a great workout! Did you wear your skort? I feel so tough but girlie when I wear mine. I’ll know more about DMIL when DH gets to his home town. He’s in Delhi, but got there later than when it’s safe to drive to his village. To give you an idea – it’s about 60 miles, and takes 5 hours. Definitely not our highway system!

Sunny – Hope you have a fabulous birthday!!!!! Which I could send AOS Firepower to you for your birthday, but… Read my review below. It’s totally different from Providence, but it’s just as good (in some ways better, actually). I really LOVE this one. I have not dripped sweat like this since the BootCamp at my gym. I might actually like the Kung Fu Kickboxing. I like the old style martial arts drills – which is why I think I like Kettlebells – the training is more martial arts style – the warm ups are very close to Tai Chi and Tae Kwon Do warm ups. I can really tell that Russian, China and Japan are very close to each other. WAY TO GO on going for the advanced PT cert. You’ll be fabulous!

Dallas – DD is doing much better. I think knowing what it is helped the most. I do not think I’ve ever done all of Yoga X. Ever. My favorite yoga instructor is Eoin Finn – I guess to each her own – eh? Oh, let us know how you like your new EXT!!!

Another interesting day. I figure for each interesting day I go through, I’ll get one good one, so I keep plodding on. :p My boss is having a “thank you for making quota” party at his house tonight – but I told him from the start that I can’t make it when DH is not here – too much I have to do at home. But everyone else wanted it, so even though I am the top producer they scheduled it. I’m feeling sorry for myself about that. I don’t feel like a member of the team. I’ll get over it. I also work all day with these people. I don’t want to spend all night with them too. On the bright side – I won’t over eat all that fattening food he’s preparing.

Well, another winner from AOS. Firepower kicked my butt! It’s five rounds, each round has a set of exercises to match the round number. Each set is 1 minute in length. So Round 1 is 1 set of Turkish Get Ups. Round 2 is 1 set of Double Cleans and 1 Super Planks – Round 3 has 3 different exercises, etc (including burpees with the kettlebell – holy OUCH!). The video offers different choices – I did twice through with longer rest (1 minute between rounds – which goes quickly, I tell ya!). By the second round I was dropping in the weights I used. Then he ends with a bonus – 5 minutes of snatches – did it with a 15 pounder – knowing that my arms would hate me if I used anything heavier. I am thoroughly worked out, though, and I feel good. I did gain one pound back, but I’m still down two over all, so I’m happy!

Hi everyone!

Just getting home from work now and saw Dallas's message on Facebook, so I fig'd I'd better pop in and let you all know I'm alive :). I was here on the boards in the morning but ran out of time to post. I'm sorry I don't have time for personals.

In fact, just a heads up: if you don't hear from me for a bit...I am fine...just extremely busy in crunch mode right now, but thinking of all of you!

(((HUGS))) to Carole & Christine

and

more happy birthday wishes to Sunny!

Have a great night, all!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.