Cheetah- Runners Friday 7/28

Good morning everyone! Whew....it's a busy week. I'm not sure what today will bring for a workout. I did BodyMax yesterday and my body is cooked to say the least. I can feel just about every muscle. }( So, I have no idea what to do today. Maybe I'll wait until later to see if I gain some energy or switch the rest day tomorrow with today. Hmm...... It's going to be in the high 90's to 100 for the next 5 days, so running isn't an option for me unless it's really early in the morning and I haven't had good luck getting out of bed lately.:)

Have a great weekend everyone!

Marcia.

Morning Ladies.

Well, I got new shoes last night. I posted late in yesterday's thread about them. :)

Judy: I thought you were going to come back and post more...where'd ya go? :7

Marcia: Do a light work out...do you have any of Cathe's easier step vids or something?

Today is Ripped and a TM run for me.

Have a great day!:)

Good morning cheetahs

Laurie...great story!! I could use some sprinkler breaks here!! It is only suppossed to be 98 today!....I think I like that...:)

Shelly...I knew if I mentioned the bed you would know what I was talking about...:)...thanks for the info on it, no wonder they wanted my nephew on one...Yes my Nordic Track has always helped for crosstraining especially during some of my injuries...:)..BTW you and Mattea are insane....Imax on an 8 inch step????....WOW!!

Elaine...I agree completely about BC's corework. It is tough. Good workout for today too! Although I love 24...I never watch TV on my Nordic, I listen to music...:)....my nephew is going to be in San Jose for at least 6 weeks.

Wendy...good spinning workout yesterday!! Those shoes look nice...I bet they will feel great today...:)

Barbara...does sound like a busy day yesterday. Nice to get things done though..I'll be running this morning and here it has gotten a bit cooler. I wish I could use mapyourrun.com, bit I live too far in the boonies...:)

Marcia...I agree with Wendy, a light workout would be a good idea..:)

Thank you all for your continued prayers for John...he had his surgery yesterday, even earlier than first thought so that was good. About all the Surgeon said after was that it went good. We were all wondering about the spinal cord but the surgery was mostly focused on getting the vertrebraes back in alignment and repaired. When I talked to his Mom last night he had not come out of recovery yet, but at least they made it past one hump...:) My other sister , her DH and I will be going to San Jose tomorrow. I was hoping to find some trails there to run on Sunday...:)..Some friends of my sister's (John's Mom) brought down a Motor Home for my sister and her fiance to stay in while they are in San Jose. A VERY nice gesture...

I'll be doing a run outside today after some legwork. And maybe some shoulder work too.

Have a great day...:)

Carole: Thanks for keeping us UTD. Thoughts and prayers continue ofcourse.

Elaine: Well I'm glad to hear that others wear Mizunos. I had never heard of them so my first thought was "oh, I probably picked a lame brand." but I guess not. I'm happy! Now I just hope they work well for me. The store has a 15 day exchange/store credit policy so if I end up not liking them for some reason I can get different ones. :)

Good morning,

Today is my rest day which essentially means a rest from cardio! I have the hardest time doing nothing as far as a workout goes. So, therefore, I'm planning on doing core work, lower body work geared more toward endurance than strength and Mr. YP.

Carole, Too bad Christine isn't around to let you in on good trails in San Jose where you could run. Hope the weekend brings good news for your nephew.

Wendy, No, you didn't get an off brand of shoe! I tried Mizuno's once but didn't care for them. I just wore them around the house for an hour or so and they just didn't feel right so I've been sticking with my Nike shoes. How'd they work for you on the TM?

Marcia, It's been a looooong time since I've done BodyMax in it's entirety but I can still remember how it wiped me out. I'd say a rest is well deserved today if that's what you want!

Hi Judy and everyone else!

*Slides into thread shouting* I'M BAACCCKKK!!!!

First and foremost, though, I wanted to tell Carole that I'm adding my thoughts and prayers to those her nephew is receiving. I went back and read everything. I'm happy to hear the good news. Please do know that my house is open should she need ANYTHING! And I do mean ANYTHING! Just let me know, and do not feel as if you are imposing at all. You simply have to understand the way my DH and I are to know that that is impossible. Also - how long and how hard a trail do you want on Sunday...

Wendy - enjoy the shoes! Nothing like a new pair of shoes to get ya out there running!

Marcia - Body Max is fun, but tough and you do feel it! Good job! A rest day may be a good thing about now.

Hey Elaine! How's the running going? Hopefully better than Napa!

*Waves hello to Judy*

Hawaii was, well, Hawaii - which is incredible! I went running the first morning there, then never did again - instead I snorkeled, walked about 5 to 6 miles a day, rode horses... It was just a blast and the family just really enjoyed it. We went to a Luau and saw hot semi-naked men dance with fire - always a good thing :+. Everyone is so friendly and having a great time, that it's just incredible! I ate way too much - imagine that - so now it's time to face reality and get it off again. I'm thinking I'll do Power Hour today, and maybe do some kickboxing. What was funny in Maui is that every native dog we saw was an Aussie. Every one. The Hawaiians know good dogs when they see them! But I was happy to come back to my own Aussie!

Hello Cheetah's.

I've finally built up my running from 3 to 4 to 6 miles and now we have a heat wave. How do those of you who live in hot muggy climates do it in summer? I'd rather run in the cold! Do I have to start getting up before dawn and run? Is it dangerous when the heat index is at or above 100 deg. F. ?

For the past week or so my workouts have been, CTX Interval, 5 mile steady run and 7min abs, Legs and Glutes, 3 mile fast run (for me), Pyramid UB, off, 3.5 miles (was hard to do in the heat I had to stop and walk for a min or so 3x), Cardio & Weights, 50 min. hill run & Core Stretch, off, Today plan to do High Step Training, tomorrow plan run and abs.

Carole, I am adding a prayer for your nephew.

Colleen

Welcome back, Christine! We missed ya girl!:) Glad you had a great time! If ever I can get over my fear of flying, I would LOVE to vacation in Hawaii one day!

Colleen, You've been doing some great work outs, girl! I am bad in the heat too. I think part of it is that I am simply not used to it. I have always worked out indoors with the a/c pumping!:) If I can't get outside early enough to beat the bad heat then I don't go. :p

So I did 3 miles on the TM today. I did the first 2.5 miles as a flat run at my normal pace, the next .25 mile was at the same pace but on a 3% incline and then for the last .25 mile I ran flat again but punched the speed up by .5! The shoes felt good. The real test will be on the road. I am hoping to run a mile or 2 outside tomorrow morning if I can get out there early enough to beat the heat! I am going out tonight though so I don't know if THAT is gonna happen!

I have things to do today to prepare for my bbq tomorrow so I'm not so sure Ripped is going to get done. I always have tomorrow if I need it. If it's too hot to run, I can just do Ripped in the a/c and call it a day!

Wendy - thanks! I missed y'all too! Once you do get over your fear of flying, Hawaii should be your first stop - it's so pretty there.

Colleen - Hey there and welcome to the check in!!! Glad you're here and it sounds like you're doing wonderfully!

Wow! My not-so-good eating has come back to haunt me! I did Power Hour, then decided I would do Wendy's 20-20-20 - got 5 minutes into the step portion of SJP and realized it was not going to happen today. So, I'll end with Power Hour then go hiking tomorrow. Oh, and I'll be eating very, very clean today!

Hi there cheetahpals!!! Had a great morning so far. I ran 10 miles, sustaining a 9:15 pace and felt pretty darn good. Then I met up with some fellow nurse buddies who were getting off work for some breakfast. I just finished with G&S BBS, actually I think I just echoed Elaine's workout the other day. We must be on the same wavelength :)

Wendy- Great job on the TM today!! Your new Mizumos look great! They have a good reputation and alot of runners swear by them. I'll be interested in how you do with them running outside.

Colleen- great to hear from ya! Running in the heat index you described is very difficult. If it is at all possible, get out there as early as you can. Otherwize on bad days I'd keep my workouts indoors. It doesn't mean you're a wimp, you're just being a smart cheetah!

Welcome back Christine!!!! You must look tanned and wonderful now! Are you going to post some pics? I was glad to hear you ran only once. You can run anywhere and that vacation was so special
you should concentrate on the special fun things! I wonder why Aussies are so popular there.....interesting! I bet your Tucker baby was ecstatic to see you!

Elaine- It is very difficult for me to have a true rest day also.
I'll tell myself I'm taking one but usually end up doing yoga or core work ;-) Hope you enjoy yourself whatever you decide on.

Carole- I'm glad I can be a little useful to you with information
:) What a wonderful thoughtful gesture about the motorhome for your sis. It's stressful enough for them to be dealing with your nephews injury without having also to worry over hotel bills! Looks like you also have a great resource in Christine. I never would have thought of San Jose as having trails!

Marcia- After a tough workout like bodymax I think yoga or stretching for today would be perfect. That's my vote anyway :)
Have fun whatever you choose.

Enough babble for now. Hi to all you other fabulous cheetahs!

ShellyC

Hey Judy.....I'm with Wendy here. You opened this up and then disappeared! Where'd you go :p Come out come out whereever you are.

:+ :+

ShellyC

Shelly - I know - when I first moved here, I'd never thought of trails here, but we're in the Silicon Valley, in the middle of two mountain ranges and their each distinct. On the Santa Cruz side they're covered in redwoods and forest. On the other side, it's mainly meadow and more desert-like (they don't get the moist seabreeze). So, all Carole has to do is tell me how long, how hard and how far she's willing to drive, and I'll get her some options... :p I'd love to run with her, but I can't run 20 miles... :+

Wow Christine, that was fast!! Does it seem like your vacation flew by to you too? Glad to have you back! Oh, and the run in Napa has so far just been a bump in the road. I'm feeling pretty good these days. Now all I have to do is not over do it and wind up injured. So far so good......

So, I ended up doing PLB standing portion with lighter weights using 25, 30 and 30 lbs. Then some hamstring curls and leg extensions on my weight bench. I also did the core sections of both ME and BC. After that I did the first workout on Mr. YP's Power Yoga DVD. How's that for a rest day? And Shelly, I figured I wasn't alone in not feeling good about taking a 100% rest day!!

Hi to all my cheetah friends,

I was not able to post yesterday but I did get to workout. I did Push/Pull yesterday and CC6 today at the gym since I was off today.

Welcome back from vacation Christine.

Wendy, I'm glad you bought your running shoes. Let us know how you like them.

Great workouts everyone, have a great Friday. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.