font%3E%3Cfont%20size=3%3E%3Cfont%20size=2%3E
4.gif
Happy Friday the 13th!
font%3E%3Cfont%20size=3%3E%3Cfont%20size=2%3E
4.gif
evilgrin0010.gif
3.gif

Woo hoo!
Yay for starting CLX, Wendy! :D I'll bet you're so excited!

So I went out to a function with some of the girls last night-- and was tempted to wear heels... then saw the snow! :eek: Yeah, wasn't about to press my luck with another icy spill on the pavement-- so big chunky boots it was!!! :D:cool::rolleyes: Things are feeling a lot better. No constant pain, but still a general feeling of something being "off." No cardio today, just leg floorwork. I'm thinking a mix of GS Legs and B&G.

Laura: I feel the same way about the FIRM. I've noticed that you can find the old workouts on DVD now, but ITA they've become so dated that I'd rather pop in a Cathe workout. I love circuit training. Most of my collection is Cathe-- supplemented with a large yoga collection (Shiva Rae, Rodney Yee, Eoin Finn, Barbara Benaugh, etc), with some FIRMs, Turbo Jam, Jillian Michaels, Christi Taylor (not for the choreographically challenged :eek:), & some Lotte Berk vids. I'm ordering the first Squeeze DVD today. :) Really looking forward to that one. How's the leg feeling today-- hope the rest from cardio is paying off. :)

Jackie: LOL & ITA about having to buy new equipment every time the FIRM came out with new workouts! :D Yeah, I hear they have a new gadget coming out this spring. :rolleyes: Fun workout the other day!

TGIF, Cheetah Babes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Good for you, Brighton, havin' a girls night out! We all need that sometimes! :D Any special plans with hubby for V-day??

Burn Circuit 1 is complete. :D

I also did BBC Butt and Legs non-tm cardio. I needed to burn off the cookies I ate after lunch today. :eek:

Jackie--Yes! The Firm did start to require a new piece of equipment for every video series. I do have the purple and blue "Fanny Lifter." :p Right now it's what I use for my "high step." But it doesn't work so well for cardio portions of high step circuit tapes because it's too light. I have a REAL high step coming on the container. :D

Brighton--So true that Christi Taylor is not for the cardio challenged. I have her Hi-Lo heaven workout, and that's it. But she's fun. I have NO yoga videos, so all those names are new to me. Are they all good? If I wanted to launch into yoga, what would you recommend? Any yoga workout I've tried has been so breathy and ethereal I just giggled the whole way through. Can you recommend a good 'down to earth' yoga instructor?

Wendy--Hurray for starting CLX. Hope you love it. Does your workout week start on Friday? I'm so obsessive compulsive that starting a new series on a Friday would drive me insane! :p:eek:

Well, the bad news is that I did decide to back out of the 1/2 next weekend. The good news is that after a total rest week that I have NO PAIN in my legs at all. So it would truly seem to be just an overtraining issue and not a serious, long term issue. DH has promised another massage today, and I hope to cautiously start cardio again on Monday. Hopefully by this time next week I can do a short run. (And I mean really short, like a mile or 2.)

Sorry for the lack of posting the last couple weeks. I just haven't had much to report. Hoping that I'm over the hump now!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.